PDA

View Full Version : Stuff you did when the game first came out

Suica
16th October 2005, 10:40 PM
Simple. Post about stuff you did then when you were new to the game that you wouldn't do now. Me? Master Ball on an Onix for one. I'll add other stuff later.

core unit
18th October 2005, 12:02 AM
When I was new to this game I didn't know how to catch pokemon so I just used my starter all the way until I got to Celadon City.

enflamedsteelix
18th October 2005, 2:11 AM
1.) didnt know where or what the Pc was until cinabar island so I had lvl 100 pokemon around cinabar and i only had blastoise,golem,pidgeot,nidoking,nidoqueen and wiggleytuff when i finally relised where it was I had no need for other pokemon

2.) I got stuck in mt moon for 2 days and i wandered amlessly and had a blastoise and graveler by the time i was out so I pwned misty and lt serge.

Shadow the Hedgehog
24th October 2005, 9:23 PM
Raise a butterfree to lvl 60.

Fatal
27th October 2005, 4:21 PM
1.) At the end of my Blue version, my Blastoise was level 40, and all my other pokemon were level 18-20

2.) I tried using a thunderstone on Pikachu in yellow version countless times, trying a whole bunch of different things like "Going up 2 stories in the dept store, then down the elevator, up the stairs and talk to the guy who gives you counter and then back up the stairs and buy a thunderstone and use it on Pikachu" thinking that it would actually work.

3.) Trained a lot of grass pokemon (ex: exeggcute, gloom, weepinbell) to very high levels wondering why they weren't evolving while I had no idea I could just use a leaf stone! *slaps forehead*

But I was only like, 6 then, now I am much older and much, much better at the games.

MaskedManAbsolkid
27th October 2005, 4:28 PM
1) Got stuck in Pallet Town
2) Ran away from legendaries

Poliwhirl
27th October 2005, 5:58 PM
raise pidgey only to lv 50 now pidgeot

pikachu, squirtle, charmander, bulba etc. still lv 20-30

SuperShadow the Hedgehog
27th October 2005, 9:29 PM
I know its not RBY, but its Gold, so here it goes: I couldn't figure out how to get of the house. I eventually did however the same day.

Light Wolf
27th October 2005, 9:34 PM
Believe that Mew was in the St. Anne...

Angelic Elf Ivy
27th October 2005, 9:54 PM
1) Couldn't figure out how to save.
2) Couldn't figure out how to battle some one.
3) Couldn't find my way out of Pallet.
4) Couldn't figure out how to catch pokemon.
5) Much later (after like 2-6 months) couldn't figure out how to get out of Lavender Town.
6) Couldn't figure out how to get past Celadon City. In fact it took like 2 years to figure that out.
7) Thought S. S. Anne would come back with Mew on it.
I think that's all I got, but hey, I was 6 and didn't have a guide book to help me out. Plus it was hard to see what was going on sorta cuz I had a gameboy and not a gameboy color.

Hyper Chibi Absol
27th October 2005, 9:56 PM
When I first played it I couldn't get passed the guy who said the road was closed.... --; I feel so stupid... but heck I was only 8! =p

Jason Park
27th October 2005, 10:29 PM
When I first started playing, I didn't know English so that was a problem. I had no idea how to catch Pokemon and I almost cried because my Charmeleon lost 10 times in a row against Misty. >.<

ChronaMew
27th October 2005, 10:41 PM
Removed the link while trading to see if a real Charizard would fall out of the link cable

...I was young

deoxys_attack_mode
28th October 2005, 12:48 AM
1) Super trained Pidgeot to lvl 79. Next best was a lvl 51 Vaporeon.
2) Got stuck in Mt. Moon for 2 weeks.
3) Got stuck in Rock Tunel for 2 months. Pidgeot got to about lvl 52 about now.
4) Thought Gust was the most powerful attack.

Sneasel
28th October 2005, 3:39 AM
1. I didn't know know to catch anything.
2. Ran from legendaries, even Mewtwo.
3. Only used my starting Pokemon.

Lord wackruntlje
29th October 2005, 12:20 PM
- I thoght you had to get the itemfinder after beating L.T surge... so i evolved all my pokemon and caught a bunch until i got fifty in the dex
-NOTE: this was in silver: I thought i could use a golbat to beat the elite four... so i used my masterball on it ><
-Tried to catch onix 3 times and failed.. mainly becuase they were trainer-pokemon:P

Electabuzz
29th October 2005, 4:03 PM
It used to take me about 5 hours of gameplay to figure out that I had to go into the Pokemart in Viridian City and bring Oak his parcel, before I could get any farther.

Electrobulb
30th October 2005, 9:33 AM
I used my masterball on a tentacool...Gah...level 7...

Fingal
30th October 2005, 10:10 AM
- I ended up training a Pidgeot to level 100 before figuring out that it kinda sucked.
- I taught crappy HM moves (such as Cut) to my battling Pokemon, and used them in battle frequently. This was before GSC, so I couldn't remove them.
- My Blastoise's moveset went something like this: Water Gun, Bubblebeam, Surf, and Hydro Pump.

Fortunately, I didn't do too many dumb things, and besides, I started a new game after I beat the Elite Four anyway. :P

Light Wolf
30th October 2005, 2:07 PM
- I ended up training a Pidgeot to level 100 before figuring out that it kinda sucked.
- I taught crappy HM moves (such as Cut) to my battling Pokemon, and used them in battle frequently. This was before GSC, so I couldn't remove them.
- My Blastoise's moveset went something like this: Water Gun, Bubblebeam, Surf, and Hydro Pump.

Fortunately, I didn't do too many dumb things, and besides, I started a new game after I beat the Elite Four anyway. :PI also did that things with the HMs, and I found that Cut was an awesome move O.o
My movesets were also like that. Very stupid now that I think of it.

Electabuzz
30th October 2005, 3:09 PM
Hmmm...another thing that I remember my friend doing...was using a Masterball on a Trainer's caterpie, so that the masterball failed.

Finnmonster
30th October 2005, 4:14 PM
I had no idea how Master Ball worked, so I tried to weaken Mewtwo before I used ball. Stupid.

Poke Freak
30th October 2005, 6:29 PM
Me? Master Ball on an Onix for one.

I did the same thing in my first game!

Also when I was new to the game I didn't know there were HMs, and how they decribed the badges is that it lets you use the certain move outside battle, so I thought that in order to cut down the tree I had to to the badge somehow, not the move cut. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Also the only pokemon I used for battle my first game was my starter, Charizard.

Lamington Luffy
30th October 2005, 9:42 PM
Well, I first got yellow version when I was, like 5....

*Wandered round pallet and thought I was in Pewter
*Released Ivysaur (I thought it wouldn't go away, like pikachu)
*beat a trainer I thought was misty :p
*was scared or super-nerd (he was crawling on the ground O_O; )
*I was also scared of golbat
*I didn't know how to get the eevee off the table (when you first go in Oak's lab) XD

Virtual Headache
1st November 2005, 7:29 PM
I taught my Lapras Solar Beam and erased so it could learn Mist, because I didn't know what this move was doing at this time.

I thought all the attacks like Leer, Roar and all the other attacks, which affect a Pok&#233;mon's stats didn't have ANY effect, since they didn't affect a Pok&#233;mons HP.
I never taught my Pok&#233;mon this kind of attacks just because of that...

Spock
1st November 2005, 10:31 PM
I restarted my Red when my Charmeleon ran out of PP... That was when I was like 7, though...

skater
1st November 2005, 11:32 PM
i raised a ratatta to lv 100 thinking he would dominate

Blues.EXE
4th November 2005, 5:26 PM
I didn't know how to save, accidently released my bulbasaur, took me over 50 times to beat brock on yellow, and I thought the exit on viridian forest was a dead end.

halibabica
6th November 2005, 2:43 PM
I tried to catch and train everything I met. That didn't last long. Well, it DID, but I didn't get very far, let's say.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
19th November 2005, 5:21 PM
I cout a kakuno thinking its the strongest!!!

Suica
19th November 2005, 5:26 PM
Yeah. Kinds reminds me of when I thought scary-looking Pokemon were the strongest.

smiley.
19th November 2005, 7:24 PM
Kinda reminds me when I couldn't spell...

On topic, I just trained my charizard and that only...

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
19th November 2005, 10:26 PM
Kinda reminds me when I couldn't spell...

On topic, I just trained my charizard and that only...
Look at my sig -_-

smiley.
20th November 2005, 11:50 AM
Sorry I didn't read it. I apologise.

Finnmonster
20th November 2005, 12:34 PM
I remember another one. I didn't know what Protein, Iron etc. were so I sold them. Reason? The lack of money...

I had watched anime too much, so I caught Haunter to beat Sabrina. Type match-ups, eh? Poison/Ghost vs. Psychic. The same Haunter on Victory Road, and I wondered why Haunter faints everytime when wild Graveler uses EQ.

EDIT: Missing proverb added.
EDIT2: And the missing letter "n", too.

Missingno. Master
20th November 2005, 1:39 PM
Ran from Moltres
THought Missingno. would delete game
For some reason, nicknamed all my Pokemon Dux when I couldn't figure out why he couldn't change Farfetch'd's nickname
Raised Pidgeot only in Yellow; Gave up because I could never beat Giovanni's Rhydon; kept RockSlideing Pidgeot into oblivion
Put ghost Marowak to sleep then attempted to catch it
Thought Viridian Forest exit was dead end
Thought a Metapod could withstand Onix's attacks due to its hard shell

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
20th November 2005, 4:55 PM
Sorry I didn't read it. I apologise.
ITs Ok;113;

The Power of Pika
21st November 2005, 5:15 AM
It took me 20 minutes to get out of my house at the beginning of the game because I coundn't find the door. My brother showed me where it is in the end.

Trained only a Charizard for the whole game.

Restarted the game because after beating the Electric Gym I didn't know where to go next. Didn't know how Cut operated. Stupid part is a similar thing happened in Silver when I didn't know where to go next after the normal type gym.

Couldn't work out how come Charizard kept fainting to Dewgong in the Pokemon League. Took me a while to work out Dewgong was part water type. -_-

Tryed to catch a Bug catchers Pokemon in Viridian forest.

It took me almost a year to find Articuno and 4 months to find Pikachu.

Finnmonster
21st November 2005, 5:15 PM
Have you done this? When you don't know which move does what, and your Pokémon tries to learn new move, you delete one of its better moves to teach the new one. I've deleted Ice Beam of Articuno and taught Mist instead. It was when my English was worse than nowadays (maybe, if it's even possible).

By the new games I've learned all type match-ups (though they're a bit different in R/B/Y), how to use different items and how moves work, so hopefully my new Yellow game ends better than the earlier one. It had no legendaries left, and I had used best TMs on useless Pokémon. Actually, Payday-Metronome-Nidoqueen was nice...

Masquieran Chilli
21st November 2005, 8:36 PM
i've taught bellsprout wrap over vine whip, got stuck in rock tunnel with no flas pokemon by the time i found my way out my blastoise was lv.77 and lv.69 weepinbell. I did not know how to catch anything the bellsprout was my brothers fault.

Dark Venusaur
22nd November 2005, 11:45 PM
;003;The first thing I did was get a Bulbasuar and trained it and also caught other pokemon but I dont remember the Pokemon I caught;003;

Pika_Princess
1st December 2005, 12:45 AM
well, i was a real morom. i:
1) couldnt get past this one guy in mt. moon. When i pleaded my brother to help me defeat him, he... walked around the guy. *bonks head on keyboard*
2) put pidgey on all my teams, just because it learned fly.
3) taught my raichu flash, and all my other movesets were like: vaporeon: bubbly, water gun, bubblebeam, surf
4) i thought moves like growl and tail whip were totally useless
5) got lost in rock tunnel; kept coming out same side
i bet there were more, but i dont remember them right now. i was only like 8!

Shiny Rokon
1st December 2005, 3:14 AM
Don't remember that much, first time i played i started with charmander in red version and was determined to get a non-existent vulpix...caught all the pokemon i could and trained them up high before each gym leader, got a bit stuck with where to go after vermilion gym, then rushed through the 2nd half of the game with less than well trained pokemon.

Eszett
1st December 2005, 3:54 AM
I used to ascribe an overly important role to my starter. To me, it's just now another Pokemon. (In fact, I take measures to not let my starter grow way past any of my other Pokemon).

Emoeevee
6th December 2005, 8:00 PM
Ahhhhh i rememebr. Tiz was Xmas, i was young and inocent, got pokemon blue that day, saw the book with it and i thought i had to read it all before i played it! LMAO! I went upstairs and read it on the tiolet cause i dint wana waste time... i chose bulbasaur... and i watched the ant and dec battle on SMTV.......memories!

-Totodile-
6th December 2005, 10:17 PM
When I got Pokemon Blue, I was eight. The stupid things I did were:

-Couldn't find a way out of the house until my dad(who has never touched a Gameboy before this incident to find his way out by mistake)

-Didn't know what saving was so I wondered how all the older kids on the playground got such strong Pokemon without their batteries going dead.

-Raised only a Venusaur

-Completed the Pokedex and restarted 5 minutes later.

-It took me and my friends(I had a Venusaur, they all had Charizards) 2 months to beat the Elite Four

-Couldn't find Flash

- When someone did trade me an Abra with Flash(before I had the HM) I traded it for a Mr. Mime and saved.

-When I disabled a wild Metapod's Harden to see what it would do, I thought it was a special one because it used Struggle.

So yeah... I was one stupid little kid.

EDIT: Sea Ruby Trainer!!!

deoxys_attack_mode
6th December 2005, 11:53 PM
Taught Flareon Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, and Mimic >.<
Taught Pidgeot Gust, Fly, Quick Attack, and Wing Attack. It was level 79.
Always taught the Pikachu I never trained Mega Punch.
Thought Gyrados was a god-like uber due the fact that Lance's 2HKO'ed Pidgeot with Hydro Pump from that thing, so I never fought the E4 again, so I never beat the E4.
My team was: Pidgeot (79), Vaporeon (51), Slowbro (43), Abra (12), Growlithe (23), and Gloom (21).
Taught Vaporeon Ice Beam, Surf, Bubblebeam, Water Gun.

Random
7th December 2005, 12:27 AM
1.) I gave all of my Pokemon cute nicknames.
2.) I was messing with Gameshark, and taught my Blastoise Thunder, Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Hydropump. XD
3.) I actually played with my brother over link cable. o.o
4.) I taught my Mewtwo Psywave.
5.) I put my Gameboy to full volume and danced to the Pokemon Center music.
6.) I thought that Oddish had a beak.
7.) I searched for hours for a Sandshrew...and I had Red version.

Yuusha
7th December 2005, 12:30 AM
In Blue: Restarted the game about 8 times becuase I could'nt get passed the gate guards. I thought that maybe I had done something wrong so I kept on trying.
Clefairy was a part of my Elite four team. Moveset: Water Gun/Sing/Pound/Metronome(I think.)
Got lost in Rock Tunnel for about 4 days. I did'nt have Flash, so I was just sort of running around hoping to find my way out.

Got lost in Seafoam for about three weeks. Sadly after that, my original Cartridghe died(This was around the time when everyone though that Missingno would somehow improve your game).

In Yellow: Restarted the game four times because I could'nt seem to get the other Starters.

I guess thats about it. All sounds really stupid, but I do sort of miss that intial sense of wonder you get from playing the game for the first time.

deoxys_attack_mode
7th December 2005, 3:21 AM
I had a glitched Red cartradge. I found a wild Bulbasaur on my way to Viridian for the first time. So I thought that starters were nothing special. I found a WILD Sandslash (o.o) on the way to Victory road. Whatever. I also thought there was some crazy way to get a Pikachu to follow me, and that there was some way to get Brock to stop saying "Go to the gym in Cerulean to test your abilities." So I tried to show him that I had all 8 badges. I also tried to get Brock and Misty to follow me.

Kthleen
7th December 2005, 3:25 AM
5.) I put my Gameboy to full volume and danced to the Pokemon Center music.http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_xd.gif Cool.

I got really angry because it seemed that as my Pokémon grew in level, they actually got weaker. So there I was, on the verge of tears, asking why that "stupid" L3 Rattata wouldn't "die" from an attack from my ~L7-8 Pokémon. Man.... http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/embarassed.gif

Flame Sabre
7th December 2005, 7:59 AM
I didn't know how to capture Pokemon so I went only with a Wartortle to face Lt.Surge. Man, that was the biggest butt-kicking I had in my entire life. *_*

I gave the starter the top priority all the time. When I reached the E4, my Blastoise was around Level 60-70 while the others remained at Level 15. o_O

Emoeevee
7th December 2005, 6:44 PM
Yea lol i got lost in the rock tunnel i didnt have flash!!! I think it proves that cause lot of us done it its not such a bad thing. YEAH i dances to the bike music and the lucky radio station on GSC

Pika_Princess
14th December 2005, 2:03 AM
I thought of another one:
I used the Missingno. glitch to get 127 rare candies, fed them to my team until it was level 90 or above, and thought I was the ruler of pokemon.
It was years later that I found out rare candies make your pokemon have worse stats then normal.
I LOVED to just listen to the music, especially E4 Lance's.

DarkerShining
14th December 2005, 4:51 PM
My first game was Pokemon yellow, but I couldn't figure out how to get flash. I had also been playing silver for a while. (Or was it crystal?) Anyways, since I couldn't find flash and thought it was in Pewter city, so I restarted the game. Then I remembered the Diglett cave and where it went...

Shiny Rokon
15th December 2005, 9:08 AM
I just remembered one, i thought that I could evolve eevee into vaporeon then after it learnt its moves, into jolteon then after it learnt those moves into flareon and it would have all the moves of different elements or something silly!

BulbasaurB.k.
16th December 2005, 1:58 AM
1st: I didn't know what a masterball was and " Accedently" used it on a level 10 zubat.
2nd: Lost in ALL mountains in caves for a long time. I got lost every time!
3rd: Tried to teach pikachu fly!

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
19th December 2005, 2:59 PM
1st: I didn't know what a masterball was and " Accedently" used it on a level 10 zubat.
lol
I used It on a caterpie

Liminality
20th December 2005, 1:27 PM
The first couple of months or so, I played my brother's Blue version. However, I wasn't allowed to start a new game so I'd always restart without saving and play til I couldn't bother any longer. Then I got my own yellow version!

Luxuria
20th December 2005, 4:40 PM
On my yellow, I was battling a metapod, and i used thunder wave once and on the second try,it didn't work. I didn't know it said it didn't affect enemy
but I was 5 at the time. I got my dad to help me.
Yeah weird.

T.Z
20th December 2005, 4:42 PM
I was given a lvl 100 Mewtwo from a friend... Pwned the game through and through.

TrainerIruka
21st December 2005, 12:00 AM
Missingno cheat. Wasn't that bad but it was still... meh... cheating.

HaLuZiNaTHoR
21st December 2005, 4:44 AM
At first i didn´t know wat PKMN centres did, so everytime my PKMN fainted or were little of HP or PP, i had to go back at my mum´s to heal them.... sigh

dream eater
1st January 2006, 9:37 PM
ok 1st of all when i saw the episode of pokemon when ash loses to brock i thought onix was the best pokemon and searched for weeks in viridian forest for 1

and 2nd of all i thought that if i ran out of pokemon i had to start the game all over again.

good ol times...

blackice2
7th January 2006, 2:32 PM
Ummm.... I didn`t do that much stuff wrong...

1)Thought Kakuna would be better because it had evolved. So I caught one in the wild and faught brock with Scratching Charmander and Harden Kakuna.
That was lame.

2)Used Master Ball on Dratini.

Wow that`s all I can remember...

Ben Kenobi
7th January 2006, 4:55 PM
I remeber catching Missingo and trading my Zapdos with which I owned the Elite Four with 30 times for a Meowth or Persian. Permanently.

Mini Apocalypse
7th January 2006, 8:52 PM
i went through rock tunnel thinking'god this is dark'not knowing that i was supose to get the flash HM.

~-=Mewtwo=-~
7th January 2006, 8:59 PM
I first played on my friends game... I couldn't find my way out of Cinnabar Mansion and then I couldn't save... And I restarted and saved over his file... yea... In my game Mewtwo had Blizzard, Fire Blast, Thunder and Psychic...

indigestible_wad
7th January 2006, 9:58 PM
2)Used Master Ball on Dratini.
How could you use a master ball in the safari zone?

Altmer
7th January 2006, 10:02 PM
I think dratini is also found fishing on other routes...

Locke Yggdrasill
7th January 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not, Altmer. o.o;
And, &#172;&#172;; I didn't know how to get out of my house, and restarted the game about 20 times, talked to every object in the house, and ran into every wall(You see how I got out. xD)

Altmer
7th January 2006, 10:25 PM
oh, I thought it was found on the route south of Fuchsia, on the beach as well.

~-=Mewtwo=-~
8th January 2006, 4:52 AM
There IS a glitch to get safari pokemon out of the zone AND the +100 lvl glitch AND the Mew glitch... But its a lie I bet because the guy didn't know it I bet...

Mini Apocalypse
8th January 2006, 5:11 PM
How could you use a master ball in the safari zone?

i never said that blackice2 did

#1 Poke Fan
9th January 2006, 1:49 AM
Wow, this is weird, i'm like the only one who had no problems when i first played pokemon.

MagmaZero
9th January 2006, 8:20 PM
When I saw the Pokemon the first movie...movie. I thought I could give Mewtwo the armor it had in that movie, so I gave it an iron and when nothing happened I said "C'mon Mewtwo :-(, get your armor."

Moonlight.
10th January 2006, 4:29 PM
By the time I first got to Victory Road I had a team of level 80s. I thought I couldn't get out so I restartd my game. -_-' I was such a n00b.

Also, for some strange reason my first Charmeleon ever evolved at level 34, so I thought for months that it evolved at level 34 instead of 36.

AND I had no idea how to switch until my third file. I used to always deposite and withdraw my Pokemon to get them in the order that I wanted. This made the Elite 4 very touch for me. :ucki;y I found out just before fighting them the second time.

The Mighty Wurmple
14th January 2006, 2:31 AM
I had a Blastoise with water gun, tail whip, Surf and withdraw.
I had an Arcanine with Ember,Bite,Fire Blast and Flamethrower.
Also had Dewgong, Lapras and tentacruel.
And a Gloom that I thought 'Why wont this pokemon evolve?!?'

I laugh at myself now...

Anton
14th January 2006, 2:46 AM
i did not pass the part where you give oak his parcel so i had a level 50 charizard by the time i fought brock. i used my masterball on a muk and i already had one too!

KamiKazi Games
14th January 2006, 1:21 PM
I didn't know you could go past the first grass in pallet town, so i got my blastoise to level 100 in the grass just above pallet town... pwned the rest of the game once i figured you could go north...(6 months btw)

Anton
14th January 2006, 1:28 PM
oh also forgot my level 50 charizard had the following moveset: Scratch, ember, Slash, growl.

Totoro
18th January 2006, 10:12 PM
-I couldn't get out of the house at first.
-Couldn't get past the Coffee guy in Veridian for 3 weeks. My friend at the time told me you had to keep pressing A in front of him for a few hours and eventually he would die.
-Taught my Charmander HM moves.

Lotad
18th January 2006, 10:46 PM
I tried to challenge all the gym leaders with my starter.I didn't like the other pokemon back then for some reason.

Flame Haze SnS
19th January 2006, 12:34 AM
When I was 8-9 years old, I thought that I can catch only one legendary pokemon and others would be gone. Thought that Mew could come out randomly in wild.

Mewtologist
21st January 2006, 10:47 PM
I kept the first move on every Pok&#233;mon (Venusaur still had Tackle at like L60).

Fluppy
23rd January 2006, 3:08 AM
I went through the Rock Tunnel without Flash, but it wasn't too hard for me to get out.

manoflego
15th July 2008, 7:57 AM
Wow, this is weird, i'm like the only one who had no problems when i first played pokemon.

Haha, me too

Ysavvryl
15th July 2008, 2:19 PM
In Blue, I taught my Abra Seismic Toss because I was curious as to how TMs worked.

Actually, he was pretty good with that fight move, but I haven't done that again.

Noheart
15th July 2008, 3:29 PM
I kept resetting the game on Yellow, thinking that Oak would catch a different Pokémon ( Looooooooooooooong time ago. ) =/

hawaiian ale
26th July 2008, 9:39 AM
I weaked a pokemon and use the masterball
i ran away from moltres
i took away thunderbolt for bubblebeam for garados
i toss all the nuggets i had cause i never no u could sell things
i never toss all those good tms
i wish i new erlier about the gamecorner cause i never no what pokemon ghost was and trying to attack it lol it took me 3days until my friend told me about the game corner
i thought tail whip was an attack lol

Parasite
26th July 2008, 10:00 AM
I evolved Nidorino at like lvl 16
Bought a magickarp from that con man and thought I was king of the world.
Tried to join team rocket
Left bill as a pokemon and laughed

EmeraldLeafBlade
27th July 2008, 11:15 AM
Couldn't figure out how to get past Celadon City. In fact it took like 2 years to figure that out.

Try five.

I thought Vaporeon was the only Eevee evolution for like... three years.
Kept the first move on Pokemon, only used my starter pretty much, and taught them stupid moves (like Ember and Flamethrower on Charizard).
Thought the "Road Closed* guard would open the road if you waited long enough. Probably why it took me so long to get past Celadon.

Emerald;468;Leaf;201-!;Blade