PDA

View Full Version : Team-Building and Hidden Power Guide

Pages : 1 [2]

mmucha
10th April 2005, 6:59 AM
Why not? Hyperbeam is more powerful than anything in the standard move set. Yawn can put the other one to sleep, allowing you to focus punch and do more damage or heal yourself.

Plus I'm more of an ingame person.

microgamer
10th April 2005, 8:08 AM
Plus I'm more of an ingame person.you shouldn't have said that...

Hyperbeam is bad, even on Slaking, because Slaking is forced to stay in on the loafing turn as opposed to if it used Return and was able to be switched out. Additionally, that Slaking of yours can't touch Ghost pokemon.

Aaron
10th April 2005, 11:26 AM
Why not? Hyperbeam is more powerful than anything in the standard move set. Yawn can put the other one to sleep, allowing you to focus punch and do more damage or heal yourself.

Plus I'm more of an ingame person.

Hello Breloom, Why dont you come in and Ohko me with your sky uppercut because i'm unable to switch and can do nothing about it.

Yawn Punching on Slaking is probably one of the silliest things that i have heard on this forum. 4 turns just to try and land 2 moves,one that only forces a switch into a defensive wall such as skarmory? no thanks.

even in-game Return> Hyperbeam

there are a few things that Hyperbeam can ohko that Return can't. However it just simply isn't worth not being able to switch. Switching is one of the main part of battling that and prediction.

Groudon80
10th April 2005, 3:54 PM
There was a huge thread by me about why hyper beam sucks, but that is dead now.

Return over one turn does 102.

Hyper beam average one turn with accuracy counted: 67.5

Yeah HB sucks.

colm
10th June 2005, 9:07 PM
1. No two same-type damaging attacks on anything. It's pointless, redundant, and minimizes your options. Exceptions would be things like Endeavor, whose damage varies.

2. Recognize and appreciate the value of stat-raising and support moves such as Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Reflect, and so on. If you don't balance out your team with those types of moves, you'll probably get your butt kicked by a team that has them.

3. The typed held items, such as Mystic Water, suck. Don't waste your time with them. They only raise the power of attacks of their type by 10%, it's not worth it. Quick Claw also sucks, it only works 8% of the time. Again, not worth it.

4. For held items, you can't go wrong with Leftovers. I realize multiple Leftovers are hard to get without trading with other games and going through the battle tower lots, so Shell Bell is an acceptable alternative. Leftovers is always the best held item, unless your Poke has Rest, in which case the usual choice is Chesto Berry, or unless your Poke knows Thief or Covet, in which case don't have it hold anything.

5. Relying on legendaries on your team may be fun, and there's nothing really wrong with doing so, but don't claim to have any skill as a result of winning battles using them. Legendaries help you develop no skill whatsoever.

Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, etc.

When you say that Legendaries don't bolster skill, do you mean non- uber ones (such as the Regis) as well?

Groudon80
10th June 2005, 9:27 PM
That is a damn lie. All pokemon require skill to use. Ubers are not cheap, either. >.>

otto_venesaur
12th June 2005, 5:14 PM
IMO, Dig is better of a move then Eartthquake, because it lets your Pokemon hide underground for 1 turn and prevents any attacks from harimg the Pokemon (Except for Earthquake, maybe)

Here's a question: If your Pkmn used Dig, and while it was underground, the opponent used Earthquake, would Earthquake hit? Because I think I read on antoter site or in a book (Or maybe here) that it would.....

No dig sucks, if you use dig you allow your apponet a turn to switch out either a flying pokemon or a pokemon with levitate, or your opponent may use earthquake and own you so no dig isn't a very good move

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
15th June 2005, 2:28 AM
Right, good point. But since not too many newbies care too much about that, I didn't include it. But we do have quite a long thread on the subject for those who want to learn.

Can You PM me that link? I am currently demolishing my Emerald team for a better one.

Groudon80
15th June 2005, 3:49 AM
I can teach you right here if you want, no need to search through the whole damn thread.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
15th June 2005, 8:08 PM
I can teach you right here if you want, no need to search through the whole damn thread.

Thanks, but EV's are just a bunch of hidden Numbers to me...

orangekows
15th June 2005, 8:34 PM
No dig sucks, if you use dig you allow your apponet a turn to switch out either a flying pokemon or a pokemon with levitate, or your opponent may use earthquake and own you so no dig isn't a very good move
also, magnitute works when the opponent is underground. i found that out in emerald. but no one uses magnitute in serious competitive teams. and earthquake and magnitude's power doubles. the only move that is acceptable like that if fly on pressure aerodactyl. but you still should just use the choice band set

Horn Drill
15th July 2005, 3:12 PM
Thanks, but EV's are just a bunch of hidden Numbers to me...

I made a friggin' thread on EV's here the other day. It's around here somewhere... EV's are not that hard. You just look up the correct ones on a good website, then count them as the Whismur or Paras or whatever get slaughtered. If you mess up, just put it on Emerald and give it the berry that will lower the incorrect stat. :)

Dig is hit by Earthquake, Magnitude, and Fissure (hax 8D)
Fly is hit by Gust, Whirlwind, Twister, and Thunder
Dive is it by Surf

All those attacks get double damage if you're in the sky, underground, or underwater. :/

aipomkong
15th July 2005, 7:08 PM
but if Flygon uses dig Earthquake still doesn't effect it lol, as it floats while underground

Twitch
29th July 2005, 2:24 PM
;227; One word. Skarmory. Skarmory is an excellent physical sponge, is resistant to 12 Types. It's weak to Fire/Electric but they're pretty rare. Speed could be better though, but that's your problem.

EDIT: What I meant was that It's rare to find good Electrics. Save Magneton/Zapdos.

aipomkong
29th July 2005, 2:40 PM
posting to agree with the above

electrics are pretty common though

Cooltrainer Yuri
5th August 2005, 1:56 AM
I dont like to use legendaries, I think thats more cool to use "normal" pokemons, but good ones, not like Nosepass

same thing with Mewtwo, it's one of the bests but... I think that it's a "Last Resorce" type of pkmn to win in a battle

Using Tactics is a lot more cool

Darkeggy
5th August 2005, 1:58 AM
Not all Legends are cheap. Read the other stickies. Mewtwos banned from Standard play, and for good reason.

SneasalSkissors
10th August 2005, 3:28 AM
Alright, I'm TOTALLY new to this whole tatics thing, usually I'm the one with the 3 Fire move Charizard, LOL. Anyhow, I'm trying to get started. With it.

I'm leaning twoards:
Ampharos, w/Thunder B., Fire Punch, Toxic and Dynamic Punch.
Gardenvoir as an annoyer, gotta love that Trace ability, excellent against Soundproof, Flygon etc. ^^ Not sure what moves though.
I like Sableye, since it has such a coverance of moves, (Psychic, Dark, Ghost & Fighting) and I like the fact that it has few weaknesses, but how can I work around the low stats... that's the dilemma.

That's it thus far, I'm thinking of Scarmory, but a 4x weakness to electricity makes me wary, even though a Spikes/Roar combination looks exceedingly tempting. I suppose I need a decent Water type, and something as a Sponge or Tank, since I'm lost for defence. And a good physical attacker.... Help please?

Darkeggy
10th August 2005, 3:32 AM
Hi. Welcome to competitive pokemon(I feel like such a tool saying that : /).

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=57662

^Annoyers fail.^

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=35664

^General guide^

And Skarmory is a great physical wall. Poison immunity, Ground immunity, 140 Base defense, Spikes and Roar. If you sense a special attack coming, switch to a special wall, like Blissey.

Dragonhunter003
16th August 2005, 2:49 AM
Oh, so can I refer mantine or shuckle as a special sponge? Thanks anyway geodude.

Off topic : Woah, geodude is a moderator of Ru/Sa discussion and RMT section? Congratz, I didn't see that.

How about Umbreon it has very high special Defence and Denfence, Would it be considered a Sponge In general. It can also Heal if hatched with Wish. ;197;

leafgreen386
16th August 2005, 3:13 AM
Umbreon is usually used as a utility pokemon. There are basically 3 sets that are used: chaosbreon, cursebreon, and the wishpasser. Details can be found at Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dex.php?page=pokemon&q=umbreon).

Mantine's 4x weakness to Electricity kind of defeats the purpose of it being a Sp.Wall. Shuckle sucks in general and shouldn't be used.

Dragonhunter003
19th August 2005, 4:25 AM
Umbreon is usually used as a utility pokemon. There are basically 3 sets that are used: chaosbreon, cursebreon, and the wishpasser. Details can be found at Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dex.php?page=pokemon&q=umbreon).

Mantine's 4x weakness to Electricity kind of defeats the purpose of it being a Sp.Wall. Shuckle sucks in general and shouldn't be used.

Ok thanks What would be a good Move set for Blissey? It does't matter if i have to breed to get the move ;197;

aipomkong
19th August 2005, 10:18 AM
Aromapherapy/Thunder Wave/Seismic Toss/Softboiled

toxicshadows
19th August 2005, 3:50 PM
help me plan a good team with good moveset for my emerald(no ubers pls)
(P.S I started with a treecko)

aipomkong
19th August 2005, 7:10 PM
In-Game Team Rate

not In-Game Give Me A team

SneasalSkissors
20th August 2005, 4:04 AM
Can Miltank be used as a defensive wall? I'm just curious since I have around 12 of the little critters, and they do have the lovely Milk Drink and Heal Bell attacks... It seems plausible, with a 339 max defense stat and real high HP.... What do you all more experience people think?

Darkeggy
20th August 2005, 4:07 AM
Curse Miltank could be used as a physical wall, yes. But that fighting weakness kinda sucks unless you got a few curses under your belt.

Slack King
20th August 2005, 4:33 AM
Phsy Walls: Skarmory, Forretress, Steelix, Aggron, Regirock, Weezing, Cloyster, Suicune, Golem

Sp. Walls: Snorlax, Blissey, Regice, Articuno, Milotic, Mantine

Dragonhunter003
24th August 2005, 6:02 AM
Aromapherapy/Thunder Wave/Seismic Toss/Softboiled

Ok thanks i been wanting to add a Bliisey to my team for a long time ;197;

Twitch
28th August 2005, 5:06 PM
;227; Since a lot of battlers use standerd movesets on their Pogeys the best bet is to have counter moves/abilities. Then just mush 'em! Anyway, this has probably been mentioned before but Psych Up is a very good move to have. you just let the other person do all the work and then copy it. Frees up space in your moveset too. And if you teach a Kyogre Thunder it's lethal.(Thunder+Drizzle=true)
That's it thus far, I'm thinking of Scarmory, but a 4x weakness to electricity makes me wary, even though a Spikes/Roar combination looks exceedingly tempting. I suppose I need a decent Water type, and something as a Sponge or Tank, since I'm lost for defence. And a good physical attacker.... Help please? Skarmory is an excellent Pokemon.
Reasons why Skarm is good:
1. Resistance to 12 Types, counting the 2 immunities.
2.00ber high Defence.
3. Weakness to only 2 Types.(correct me if I'm wrong)Fire+Electric, both of which have poor Pokemon.

P.S. Skarm is 2x weak to Electric.

Darkeggy
28th August 2005, 5:49 PM
;227; Since a lot of battlers use standerd movesets on their Pogeys the best bet is to have counter moves/abilities. Then just mush 'em!

This doesn't work as most people with an IQ over 50 can predict.

Anyway, this has probably been mentioned before but Psych Up is a very good move to have.

Welcome to two months ago. Psych Up Cradily(Cursepert/Lax), and Psych Up Regice(CMCune/Raikou/Celebi).

:)

Dark Venusaur
30th August 2005, 6:01 PM
But that is not true you can teach your Legendaries good moves and give it lots of Protines, Calicums and that other stuff

Darkeggy
30th August 2005, 9:58 PM
But that is not true you can teach your Legendaries good moves and give it lots of Protines, Calicums and that other stuff

So what? Name any non uber legendary and I'll show you how a common pokemon can easily counter it.

Twitch
11th September 2005, 11:44 AM
This doesn't work as most people with an IQ over 50 can predict.
Most people don't have IQ over 50. (At least not here :p)

Oh, I just looked at a Type chart and found that Electric is weak against Steel. Does Electric do 1x or 2x?

WootyMcWoot
11th September 2005, 2:45 PM
Most people don't have IQ over 50. (At least not here :p)

Oh, I just looked at a Type chart and found that Electric is weak against Steel. Does Electric do 1x or 2x?
Electric does neutral damage against steel and steel does 1/2 damage against electric. And why the **** did Darkeggy get banned?

Twitch
12th September 2005, 6:34 PM
And why the **** did Darkeggy get banned?
;227; I wondered that too. o_0

I'm sorry, I misphrased the question. Does Electric do 1x or 2x on Skarm?

aipomkong
12th September 2005, 9:37 PM
Electric

SE on Flying = x2 damage

Normal on Steel = x1 damage

2x1 = 2

= x2 damage/effective

Twitch
13th September 2005, 2:58 PM
Electric

SE on Flying = x2 damage

Normal on Steel = x1 damage

2x1 = 2

= x2 damage/effective
;227; In that case the Type Chart I have is faulty. According to it Electric does 0.5x.

aipomkong
13th September 2005, 5:22 PM
that might be Steel attacking Electric then

Twitch
14th September 2005, 2:42 PM
;227; Sorry, my bad. I was looking at Electric vs Electric. You were right, it does do normal on Steel. (But technically it should do 2x on Steel cause metal conducts electricity.)

Zora
14th September 2005, 11:42 PM
make sure you don't repeat mistakes like this:
I am starting to see People with undervolved Pokemon (Whismur is undervolved Pokemon). It is rather annoying because in competive battling, Powerful teams is what makes it good. Not fun in-game teams. Also, look at the stats. A lot of new people mistaken Metagross for a Sp. Sweeper for example. Also understand that Pokemon like Slaking are good, despite its ability. Also consider Movepools. And don't say a Pokemon looks good it is a killer Pokemon (Kingdra falls underhere) when a Pokemon like Laturn has a better Movepool and one real weakness. Its second weakness it can counter.

aipomkong
15th September 2005, 12:08 AM
slaking actually sucks

Drayano
15th September 2005, 12:42 AM
Slaking just needs prediction.

Netbattle
15th September 2005, 5:33 PM
0mastar just needs to be unbanned

Gamesfreak13562
1st October 2005, 9:29 PM
Wait. I've got Groudon, Rayqaza and Kyogre, but I also have Entei, Suicune, and Raikou. Am I skilled at battling or not?

thktanuki
14th October 2005, 9:11 PM
It depend's on what OTHER pokemon you use...If your whole team is Uber/Legendary/Rare/Whatever-the-crap-you-wanna-call-it, and you haven't done anything like: Move Tutors, EV Training, etc... Then, NO, you aren't. I'm not saying that YOU don't properly raise/train them. I'm saying that if you DIDN'T, then you are not a skilled battler. And relying on Ubers is kinda looked down upon. I hope that helps.

WootyMcWoot
14th October 2005, 9:44 PM
It depend's on what OTHER pokemon you use...If your whole team is Uber/Legendary/Rare/Whatever-the-crap-you-wanna-call-it, and you haven't done anything like: Move Tutors, EV Training, etc... Then, NO, you aren't. I'm not saying that YOU don't properly raise/train them. I'm saying that if you DIDN'T, then you are not a skilled battler. And relying on Ubers is kinda looked down upon. I hope that helps.
Ubers and legendaries aren't the same things :(

thktanuki
16th October 2005, 12:11 AM
Ubers and legendaries aren't the same things :(
*sigh* I KNOW that! I was talking about Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

manji2
17th October 2005, 7:19 PM
First Rule Of Pokemon: You Have To Be An Absolute ****ing Geek!
Rule Two: You Have To Have No Life And Addicted To The Serebii Forums
Lastly: Have Never Had A Girlfriend Or Any Sexual Experience Ever!

DivineDeoxys
5th November 2005, 10:16 PM
Team:Swampert Lv99 Surf,Rocksmash,Body Slam,Hyper Beam
Raikou Lv95 Thunder,Raindance,Roar,Strength
Rayquaza Lv100 Hyper Beam,Outrage,Toxic,Extremespeed
Smeargle Lv89(all moves from sketch) Megahorn,Explosion,Dive,Guillotine
Tyranitar Lv91 Hyper Beam,Iron Tail,Body Slam,Double Team
Togetic Lv97 Metronome,Sheer Cold,Ancientpower,Fire Punch
For Emerald
Any Good?

Fluorescent Adolescent
5th November 2005, 10:24 PM
First Rule Of Pokemon: You Have To Be An Absolute ****ing Geek!
Rule Two: You Have To Have No Life And Addicted To The Serebii Forums

Then what the fu** are you doing here!?! Wasting your oh so precious time registering? Pathetic n00b.

aipomkong
5th November 2005, 10:34 PM
Team:Swampert Lv99 Surf,Rocksmash,Body Slam,Hyper Beam
Raikou Lv95 Thunder,Raindance,Roar,Strength
Rayquaza Lv100 Hyper Beam,Outrage,Toxic,Extremespeed
Smeargle Lv89(all moves from sketch) Megahorn,Explosion,Dive,Guillotine
Tyranitar Lv91 Hyper Beam,Iron Tail,Body Slam,Double Team
Togetic Lv97 Metronome,Sheer Cold,Ancientpower,Fire Punch
For Emerald
Any Good?

no it is awful

edit: make that the worst team i've ever seen, thats saying something aswell

TOY MACHINE
23rd November 2005, 4:20 AM
Oh, so can I refer mantine or shuckle as a special sponge?

i use shuckle on my bf team ev trained in defence and special defence my favorite with toxic encore rest sandstorm

Alejandro
24th November 2005, 11:34 PM
Base stats are Wild pokemon Stats at Lv 50 at Max IVs. In other words, a Max stat Mightyena has

HP: 344
Att: 279
Def: 239
Spd: 239
Sp Att: 219
Sp Def: 219

This is the Max Lv 100 stats at a Neutral Personality and Max IVs and 252 EVs in each stat. Obviously you CANT get 252 Evs in each stat, so subtract 63 from each stat and then factor the EVs afterwards, which is like, what, stupidly bad?

And when he said the average base would be around 80-85, the max stat translation is 259-269 (for all NON HP stats) and 364-374 (for HP), and take a GOOD look at how many of Mightyena's stats around even around par.

Also, to poster before BM: Dark runs off the SPECIAL attack, not the attack, making Mightyena that much worse compared to something like Houndoom.

And to refute a few of your points, Blaziken duder:

1. Team isn't always based on status, you just have to know how to train them right!
That's not true. Train 6 Magikarp right and good luck beating me with just them.

2. I HATE Absol, Tropius is stronger IMO (if not find someone insteed of Absol, because I hate Absol)
Tropius: HP:99 At:68 De:83 SpA:72 SpD:87 Spe:51
Absol: HP:65 At:130 De:60 SpA:75 SpD:60 Spe:75
Tropius, with its AVERAGE stats, has a 4x weak to ice. Absol is just... not that great IMHO, but at least it has 1 usable stat... (Tropius reminds me of a Meganium with more weaknesses)

3. Spinda is one of my favorite pokémon, so it won't get out of my team, and it can learn the most Psychic moves of all exist Normal types IMO
When are you ever going to stick 4 psychic moves on 1 pokemon? You need Psychic, and that's it. So what if Persian learns scratch and Snorlax doesn't? Same logic applies here.

5. An Elite Four had Mightyena, they only have strong pokémon, and Mightyena is strong, right?
Lol, if Elite 4 is strong, and it's inconceivable for someone to NOT be able to beat the game, then the logic there's kinda bad, isn't it? (Koga used Ariados in GSC... and uh... yeah, I think that covers it)

10. I hope it's clear folks, if you've any suggetions about my team PM me, but I don't appect to delete bad pokémon, because status doesn't tell anything, pokémon can be good after all
Only to a certain extent, that statement is true. Eg: Persian is usable, but not AS usable as other normals. But then there are instances like Caterpie, Magikarp...

Okay, but I only have two legendaries on my team(Groudon and Articuno) and the rest are Blaziken, Lanturn and Dragonite. The sixth pokemon can be anyone that I have with a high level I only have two Stat uppers moves and I can win to many people. And isn`t pokemon a game where you can use your favourite pokemon and doesn`t matter if you win using only legendaries or lose using bad pokemon

pikadon92
27th November 2005, 1:19 PM
I don't really like slaking, so I was wondering. With the overall state of 440 for vigoroth, is it good enough to use?
This is what I had in mind:
Adament/Jolly nature@Salac?I actually dunno yet
Yawn
Focus Punch
Return
Shadow Ball

Yawn to get them to sleep in next turn. But since many players would switch their pokemon, focus punch comes into play. While Shadow Ball gets rid of ghost and psychic pokemons, Return would be a STABed attack.

aipomkong
27th November 2005, 2:52 PM
why use vigoroth when you can use slaking which has;

460 attack max
@ choice band
690 attack
+
STAB return (103) base power

basically that will ohko anything that doesn't resist normal, and you just switch out on the sleeping turn anyway

pikadon92
28th November 2005, 12:34 AM

460 attack max
@ choice band
690 attack
+

basically that will ohko anything that doesn't resist normal, and you just switch out on the sleeping turn anyway
Because of traunt. Use protect then attack combo is one of the method I used to pwn slaking with my charmander (In in-game only, don't ask why I didn't evolve it though.)
For 2vs2 battle, use slaking if you have skill swap, but in single battle, use vigoroth instead. The oppoment won't use skill swap on your slaking will he/she?

aipomkong
28th November 2005, 5:27 PM
well, clearly talking about netbattle where there aren't many people who randomly use protect on stupid stuff that could do better things

Absol!
6th January 2006, 6:36 AM
Great post, Geodude!

EDIT: You said it was okay to ask questions, so I really hope this isn't spamming. I just learnt about the Effort Value training method today and am EV training my first EV Poke (Aron) on Emerald. I am up to Mauville City. Should I restart the game so I can EV train all my Pokemon from the beginning?

Wyndigo
6th January 2006, 9:08 AM
Don't restart. Just rebreed when you get to the daycare. That way you can get good egg moves as well.

Although it's easier to EV train when you have the whole map available to you. I.E, Beat the game.

Absol!
6th January 2006, 10:33 AM
Okay, thanks Wyndigo ^^

Dark_Shiny_Charizard
9th January 2006, 5:07 AM
Does lugia count as a tank?

Freakshow
31st January 2006, 4:31 AM
I don't really like slaking, so I was wondering. With the overall state of 440 for vigoroth, is it good enough to use?
This is what I had in mind:
Adament/Jolly nature@Salac?I actually dunno yet
Yawn
Focus Punch
Return
Shadow Ball

Yawn to get them to sleep in next turn. But since many players would switch their pokemon, focus punch comes into play. While Shadow Ball gets rid of ghost and psychic pokemons, Return would be a STABed attack.

Doesn't work. Truant blocks you from doing so

aipomkong
31st January 2006, 5:08 PM
he meant vigoroth

DragonDance
2nd February 2006, 10:52 PM
Does lugia count as a tank?
Yes, but hes uber

snorlax
26th March 2006, 10:08 PM
Lol it is a sticky now im sure it wont get much attention in here but w/e

Deathborn_606
3rd April 2006, 3:49 AM
Lol it is a sticky now im sure it wont get much attention in here but w/e

I'm really agreeing with you on that one.

snorlax
5th April 2006, 3:37 AM
oh well...

ShinyFufu
7th April 2006, 10:24 PM
Hey, every one! I just started reading the forum today, from pg 1-7, when i got kinda bored. however u guys gave me some great ideas for team building, so i would like to say thanks!

I have about 4 separate teams that i will use for the battle frontier. unfortunately, i can't get u guys to rate them (becuz there are so many). If u really want to rate it however, PM this person named Expert Evan, and ask him to forward the Pokemon to u!

I have some questions about the terminology. What do bots,netbattle, and metagame mean?

zangooseshuckleespeon
15th April 2006, 9:15 PM
Man, ru/sa need to figure out whats an 00BER and a ledgendary, for example Zapdos is a ledgendary but nobody complains about it, mew on the other hand is quite questionable.. in GSC anyways :o
i know, mew sucks some serious stuff yet zapdos is not a oober and copuld pwn zapdos

zangooseshuckleespeon
15th April 2006, 9:18 PM

460 attack max
@ choice band
690 attack
+

why use either of them when u can use zangoose with a great movepool, verry high attack, good speed, and no stupid abilities!

Freakshow
16th April 2006, 11:50 AM
Zangoose dies quicker (but I use Zangoose on my coolness team)

Deathborn_606
21st April 2006, 3:49 AM
why use either of them when u can use zangoose with a great movepool, verry high attack, good speed, and no stupid abilities!

Slaking has more attack power and defense. Also it has a great movepool.

firewater
30th April 2006, 9:45 PM
i know this is stuipid but what are the best pokemon in LG/FR to ev in?

i know this may not be the best place but could anyone tell me please

i need it for

atk-
def-
spd
sp.atk
sp.def
hp

if it isn't too much trouble

magnemiteZ
30th April 2006, 10:10 PM
HP-Caterpie The Veridian Forest
Attack-Paras in Mt. Moon anywhere underground
Def-Geodude and Onyx in Mt. Moon
Speed- Route 1 or Diglets cave
Sp Attack-Gastly in Lavander Town.
Sp Def-Tentecool. Anywhere in the sea.

firewater
1st May 2006, 12:38 AM
thanks now I can start ev ing my team =)

Girafarig_Master
16th June 2006, 7:42 PM
This is a really stupid question, but how long does it take to EV train someone. I've never done it before because I never really understood it until just recently. And one more thing, can you still get EVs after you get to Lv.100? Thanks ahead of time :D

Freakshow
16th June 2006, 8:07 PM
This is a really stupid question, but how long does it take to EV train someone. I've never done it before because I never really understood it until just recently. And one more thing, can you still get EVs after you get to Lv.100? Thanks ahead of time :D
- It depends on how much you get at a time. Your EV training time is halved if you have Macho Brace/Pokerus. If you have both, then the traing time is quartered from the original. And you can only have 510 EVs in total, with the max of 255 per stat
- Yes you can, but only by the 9800 priced Vitamins.

Girafarig_Master
16th June 2006, 8:21 PM
Thanks a lot! :D

Haikuoftheblazingwing
24th June 2006, 12:45 AM
They are, but they're not used as frequently as Leftovers. What I meant was that you can't go wrong if you choose Leftovers as a held item.

No, you don't need skill to use legendaries. Their stats are so high that they can beat almost anything, they can learn loads of TMs, and require no skill to use to their full potential. You can't claim to be a good battler if your team is full of Mewtwos and Rayquazas.

Exactly! I was the only one in my neiborhood to dislike using legendaries. My true team has no legendaries in them, and when i do use them it's only for the elite four in fire red and still I only did that once. Every time a link battle comes up I try to persuade friends not to use legendaries. My example of why we don't need legendaries is because my level 56 Blastoise took out a level 70 Rayquaza!

Black Mage
24th June 2006, 10:01 AM
Every time a link battle comes up I try to persuade friends not to use legendaries. My example of why we don't need legendaries is because my level 56 Blastoise took out a level 70 Rayquaza!

Most likely because they're dumb :(

~Thunderstar ;121;;373;

tyranitar.armaldo
15th July 2006, 11:10 PM
how good is arodactyl? im thinking of using it in double battles with salamence
or flygon to do a double earthquake.

RPG Maker
17th July 2006, 1:13 AM
A little guide like this looks nice, someone here should make one like this: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbstrategyguide.html

WAFFULS
19th July 2006, 5:33 AM
My pokemon are:

;215; level:100
Hp:312 Attack:215 Defense:193 SpecialAttack:326 SpecialDefense:182 Speed:347
Attacks:
Metal Claw
Ice Beam
Faint attack
Beat up

;208; level:100
Hp:326 Attack:278 Defense:389 SpecialAttack:342 SpecialDefense:479 Speed:178
Attacks:
Earthquake
Dragon Breath
Iron Tail
Crunch

;157; level:100
Hp:345 Attack:276 Defense:268 SpecialAttack:378 SpecialDefence:297 Speed:346
Attacks:
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

;260; level100
Hp:327 Attack:348 Defense:287 SpecialAttack:367 SpecialDefense:349 Speed:248
Attacks:
Hydro Pump
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Muddy Water

;386-s; level:100
Hp:347 Attack:362 Defense:237 SpecialAttack:367 SpecialDefense:243 Speed:300
Attacks:
Thunder Bolt
Recover
Psycho Boost
Extreme Speed

;151; level:100
Hp:378 Attack:332 Defense:321 SpecialAttack:398 SpecialDefense:347 Speed:351
Attacks:
Subsitute
Recover
Toxic
Explosion

WAFFULS
19th July 2006, 5:38 AM
My pokemon are:

Attacks:
Metal Claw
Ice Beam
Faint attack
Beat up

Attacks:
Earthquake
Dragon Breath
Iron Tail
Crunch

Attacks:
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

;260; level100
Attacks:
Hydro Pump
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Muddy Water

Attacks:
Thunder Bolt
Recover
Psycho Boost
Extreme Speed

Attacks:
Subsitute
Recover
Toxic
Explosion

WAFFULS
19th July 2006, 5:38 AM
My pokemon are:

Attacks:
Metal Claw
Ice Beam
Faint attack
Beat up

Attacks:
Earthquake
Dragon Breath
Iron Tail
Crunch

Attacks:
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

;260; level100
Attacks:
Hydro Pump
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Muddy Water

Attacks:
Thunder Bolt
Recover
Psycho Boost
Extreme Speed

Attacks:
Subsitute
Recover
Toxic
Explosion

Freakshow
19th July 2006, 2:41 PM
Please don't triple post, and make your own thread.
Back to the legendary business

Exactly! I was the only one in my neiborhood to dislike using legendaries. My true team has no legendaries in them, and when i do use them it's only for the elite four in fire red and still I only did that once. Every time a link battle comes up I try to persuade friends not to use legendaries. My example of why we don't need legendaries is because my level 56 Blastoise took out a level 70 Rayquaza!
Well, legendaries actually require skill to use. You just have never battled one competitively. If you ban Legendaries, then technically you're banning Salamence, Metagross, Tyranitar and Dragonite although they aren't legendaries. Their stats are higher than the trios and some of the 4 is even better than the legends.
That sums up stuff. In an uber vs. uber battle, they require full strategism. Like Groudon. You may just say blagh blagh blagh, who cares, but then without a good moveset, Groudon isn't gonna hurt. The Swords Dance or the Choice Band movesets are the best for it, while things like Solarbeam Groudon is just lol

Razorsaw
22nd July 2006, 3:44 PM
... can anyone tell me the logic of Leech Seed on Breloom? Breloom's defenses are so weak, how could he possibly use it effectively?

pidgeotto
27th July 2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah! baton passers are very useful, you're right about that, but I think umbreon also deserves some attention as a baton passer. with the baton pass/mean look-combo he may be able to set up counter-pkmn to the opponent, after trapping them and he also has enough defensive stats to toxic the foe.

Blue Ditto
28th July 2006, 5:19 PM
... can anyone tell me the logic of Leech Seed on Breloom? Breloom's defenses are so weak, how could he possibly use it effectively?

Speed and Substitute can generally make up for its crap defense, if you switch it in against a Bliss or something. Same goes for a fairly similar Pokemon, Sceptile, generally regarded as one of the most annoying Seed Stallers.

Edit: Also want to say--QUIT SUGGESTING HIDDEN POWER IN-GAME AS VERY FEW ARE WILLING TO BREED FOR A SPECIFIC HIDDEN POWER AT A DECENT STRENGTH AND STILL GET THE REQUIRED NATURE AND OKAY EVS. [/caps abuse]

Tazzler
28th July 2006, 7:12 PM
Breloom is commonly used on spikes teams where leech seed forces switches. Every time a pokemon switches out of its leech seed prison and there are 3 layers of spikes on the field, it will take 25%. This is a very annoying but wonderful strategy to lower the foes hp and have a cleaner stat up and sweep. It can also be worked with substitute where you sub over and over again to avoid being hit while leech seed recovers hp and saps hp away from the foe. Sceptile can do this better with 374 speed and a stab leaf blade, but breloom has the 100% accurate spore, 394 stabbed focus punch, and stun spore for doublepowder.

Ingame, leech seed is more of a filler.

Aco_KK
2nd August 2006, 12:39 PM
*gulp* I cant believe I am saying this but what does IV and EV mean anyway, please dont call me names.

WhiteWizard42
2nd August 2006, 7:48 PM
an explanation of EVs and IVs can be found here:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105223

Aco_KK
3rd August 2006, 10:13 AM
ok thanks for that

-Umbreon-
3rd August 2006, 8:32 PM
I have a helpful hint for Emerald. Duplicate 3 or more pokemon* holding leftovers and then take off the leftovers and you have leftovers for every pokemon in your team!

*Go to the battle tower and deposit the pokemon you wish the duplicate each in a different box (they do not have to be empty). Now log off and save the game. Open the box back up and take out each pokemon you deposited in the same order you did it. Go to the lady behind the counter closest to you. Tell her you want to make a challenge. She will tell you to pick the 2 pokemon to enter. Pick any two and she will ask you to save the game. Say yes and the game will freeze for 2 seconds when after it is done freezing, turn the game off. When you turn it back on the pokemon you chose to duplicate will be in your team and in the box! This is not a cheat it is a glitch.

Dark_Danger
30th August 2006, 3:18 PM
you can dupe 5 at a time, and the box dosent have to be empty.

Killer_Flygon
30th August 2006, 3:51 PM
This might be a stupid question but why do people like Explosion on Metagross in it's in-game? I mean I already know it's very powerful, with a 250 base attack and with Meta's 405 attack stat(Max Atk IV with Adamant) would kill most things under the sun, but seriously now we're playing in-game where you can alway heal the fool mid-fight, why use it when to me it's olny real use is when you're about to die.

Note I might have already answered my question, but I would like to hear from a expert about this thing.

WhiteWizard42
30th August 2006, 4:26 PM
for in-game, actually playing through the storyline, i don't know anybody who uses explosion.

for in-game things like the battle frontier, it's useful.

blaziken05
30th August 2006, 10:32 PM
Edit: Also want to say--QUIT SUGGESTING HIDDEN POWER IN-GAME AS VERY FEW ARE WILLING TO BREED FOR A SPECIFIC HIDDEN POWER AT A DECENT STRENGTH AND STILL GET THE REQUIRED NATURE AND OKAY EVS. [/caps abuse]

Just my opinion, but giving Hidden Power as an option is fine if you give a non-hidden power alternate choice.

Half-Blood Pokemon
12th September 2006, 3:35 AM
I was wondering if I were to use a 'special' combination of moves where my pokemon like sudowoodo or other, learned a move which it should never have...like water gun. Would this count as being fair, if I were to use this and get one or two pokemon that have a super good attack.

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 4:14 AM
^Huh?

If you want to give your Pokémon moves, at least make sure they learn them legally. That’s probably the most fundamental rule in Pokémon.

Half-Blood Pokemon
12th September 2006, 4:25 AM
^Huh?

If you want to give your Pokémon moves, at least make sure they learn them legally. That’s probably the most fundamental rule in Pokémon.

I mean if I use a combo of moves...Say I have Sudowoodo and Smeargle out on the field. Use Mimic on Smeargle and have Sketch...Switch out Smeargle for Charizard. Have Charizard use Flamethrower and then have Sudowoodo use Sketch on it...and presto it know flamethrower.

This would be legal...not like the evil Gameshark, etc...

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 4:33 AM
Oh, you should have explained that in your first post. That’s perfectly fine, but it won’t work well because it takes too long to set up and your opponent will have killed you by then.

PatTar
12th September 2006, 5:56 AM
not to mention the fact that sudowoodo's sp. attack is, like, 10.

magnemiteZ
12th September 2006, 1:44 PM
sounds interesting, and in theory would work, but there is little point to it.

DarkSpectrum
12th September 2006, 2:31 PM
I mean if I use a combo of moves...Say I have Sudowoodo and Smeargle out on the field. Use Mimic on Smeargle and have Sketch...Switch out Smeargle for Charizard. Have Charizard use Flamethrower and then have Sudowoodo use Sketch on it...and presto it know flamethrower.

This would be legal...not like the evil Gameshark, etc...

If this actually worked... if i understand it correctly.... you could do that in G/S/C but it doesn't work in r/s/e/fr/lg. Mimic always goes back to itself after the battle ends.

magnemiteZ
12th September 2006, 5:36 PM
I assumed he meant just in battle ._.

Half-Blood Pokemon
15th September 2006, 2:07 AM
I have been testing this everyone and trying to figure out what moves may work...It didn't seem to work with mimic on my emerald game. I know that there are Mirror Move and Assist that I may be able to use to teach a pokemon Sketch and use. I was wondering if there is any other moves wich can copy a move in some way. Excluding Metronome because that would be impossible to do anything with.

WhiteWizard42
15th September 2006, 2:19 AM
it doesn't work.

at least, it doesn't let you keep the move any longer than until the end of the battle unless the pokemon you're using is smeargle, and the sketch he's using is one of his default moves. i think, if a smeargle sketches mimic, then mimics sketch and uses the mimiced sketch to sketch a move, it goes back to sketch/mimic when the battle ends, depending on which it started with.

Xoverguy
4th October 2006, 6:57 PM
Hi, I'm Xoverguy. I am new to the forums but quite experienced with proper pokemon training (by using EVs, Natures, etc.) I am posting because I am in desperate need of help with my Typhlosion. It is set up to be a special attacker and I cannot change its Nature. It was also partially nuked EV wise due to Colosseum but I was able to save it a little by raising Special attack in Ruby. Now the real problem is this: I have this moveset and I know that some attacks have to go. Here are the attacks:

Sunny day
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Dig

It has about 123 or something attack and 203 special attack. I really want to throw out Dig, but I can' think of a suitable replacement. I tried hidden power with a Keckleon but it sadly came out flying, so with its dismal attack power it couldn't hurt anybody except grass types. The only pokemon that MIGHT get KOed by it is possibly Breeloom or Heracross, if bug is weak against flying. If someone could help me out here, I would really appreciate it.

magnemiteZ
4th October 2006, 7:08 PM
rebreed for a new one imo.

also, you only need 1 Fire attack.

Xoverguy
4th October 2006, 7:17 PM
I knew it. A bit of a bummer since it is in level 66. Upside is that I caught Bayleef, Typhlosion and Croconaw as female. Thanks anyway. Back to the strategy planning for me now.

M4N14(
5th October 2006, 11:20 PM
If my friend has a Mewtwo that I want to beat, but my team is a lower level than it what should I use? The Mewtwo's moveset is like this:
Psychic
Psych Up
Solarbeam
Recover

By the way, he isn't that great, so don't expect him to be switching out or anything.

aragornbird
5th October 2006, 11:38 PM
Wow, that Mewtwo sucks. Use Blissey, Snorlax, Regice, Shiftry, or Metagross. They can take care of that Mewtwo easily.

Sceptile95
5th October 2006, 11:41 PM
you could take a whole team of weezings that know desteny bond/explosion

M4N14(
6th October 2006, 2:22 AM
Wow, that Mewtwo sucks. Use Blissey, Snorlax, Regice, Shiftry, or Metagross. They can take care of that Mewtwo easily.

Yeah, I know. The only thing is it's a higher level. I have FR so I can't get most of those. I don't have the national dex yet x.x I think I'll just try training my pokemon more. BTW it has solarbeam because his friend has some Water type he wants to kill. Waste of a tm if you ask me.

PatTar
6th October 2006, 2:31 AM
you can still get snorlax, and that'll do just fine.

or you can beat the E4, get the National Dex, and level up your pokeys in the process.

TogeticTheRuler
23rd October 2006, 9:35 PM
Can any one tell me if Solrock is a good Pokemon to use in the level 50 zone of the Battle Dome?I always wanted to train one and I need a moveset, i was thinking this:
Solrock-Choice Band/Leftovers
-Light Screen/Rock Slide
-Earthquake(But I already used it up for my Flygon, so it would take a long time to get it through pick up, so can you suggest something else?)
-Shadow Ball
-Cosmic Power/Explosian
Without Choice band, Ill use Light Screen and Cosmic power, lightscreen for raising its low special defense, and cosmic power to up it`s special defense and defense even more

Tazzler
23rd October 2006, 10:20 PM
Rock Slide/Shadow Ball/Explosion/Fire Blast or Light Screen or Reflect. Eh, Earthquake would have been good...

Ninja Muchacho
24th November 2006, 11:29 PM
Um. Quick question: Should my Blue version Gyarados have Flamethrower or Thunderbolt as its fourth move? I have surf, Strength and Ice Beam already, and currently have Bubblebeam as my fourth move. I know two moves of the same type is stupid in competition but I had it because that was the first Water move I taught it and it makes a nice quick KO on anything not resistant. I know Blue is pretty old-school, but I wanted to go retro and laugh at how Gyarados is actually good with the unsplit Special stat. The thing worked the Elite Four solos, with my only backup being a level-43 Raichu with Thunderbolt, Mega Kick and Submission from Viridian Forest and a level-38 Nidoqueen from outside Viridian. In fact i kept the same team from the start of the game, with a Beedrill, Charmeleon I never got around to evolving, and a Fearow. That Level 25 Beedrill beat the crap out of Brock AND Misty :D

howling houndour
16th December 2006, 10:09 PM
I like that teah it is very origanal

De HotShot Mon
16th January 2007, 4:30 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this thing but I think that if I breed a female Shroomish on my LeafGreen with a male Parasect that knows Spore I will get a LV 5 Shroomish that already knows Spore. Does this work?

aragornbird
16th January 2007, 5:00 AM
Yes, wrong thread.

For level up moves, BOTH parents have to know the move. So you're better off raising one Shroomish to Lv. 54 instead of raising a Shroomish AND a Parasect until they learn Spore.

XD Mewtwo
16th January 2007, 5:34 AM
1. No two same-type damaging attacks on anything. It's pointless, redundant, and minimizes your options. Exceptions would be things like Endeavor, whose damage varies.

3. The typed held items, such as Mystic Water, suck. Don't waste your time with them. They only raise the power of attacks of their type by 10%, it's not worth it. Quick Claw also sucks, it only works 8% of the time. Again, not worth it.

I don't know what weird thread I clicked on, but these statements are pure bologna to me!
For 1. Would you believe maximize your options?
For 2. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!

PatTar
16th January 2007, 5:40 AM
okay,

1.) it minimizes your options because 2 attacking moves of the same type do the same thing. for example, putting both Falmethrower and heat Wave on a charizard.

2.) why use those items, which only power up 1 type of move, when you could use something like leftovers or a choice band?

aragornbird
16th January 2007, 5:48 AM
Further elaboration:

The reason behind "Don't use more than one damaging attack of the same type" is that each Pokemon needs to be versatile and handle types that they are weak against. If you put two or more attacks of the same type on one Pokemon, you are limiting their potential to beat other Pokemon.

De HotShot Mon
16th January 2007, 10:08 PM
Yes, wrong thread.

For level up moves, BOTH parents have to know the move. So you're better off raising one Shroomish to Lv. 54 instead of raising a Shroomish AND a Parasect until they learn Spore.

Thanks for the tip.

Mello
19th January 2007, 11:56 AM
Hmm, I just want to add, do not use Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn Period.

Starter Pokemon, Particularily Charizard are common on lots of teams, and recently I've been noticing a fair few with the moves stated above. Don't use them. A's Blastoise will just use Hydro Cannon on B's Dugtrio and find that they didn't KO it, and B will just switch into Jolteon while A's recharging. Blastoise will try and come back with Earthquake but can't because Jolteon's faster, and boom. Blastoise dies.

Seriously, you're better of with Surf. What I wrote above ain't the best example but meh, you get the idea. These moves only have 5 PP anyway, and they aren't super accurate. Same thing goes for Hyper Beam, which sucks on anything but Slaking. Use Return.

Cool_Kid
19th January 2007, 2:05 PM
Seismic toss sucks except for a tank or annoyer whom have low attack.
everyone thought seismic toss was great probably because of annimations or the name itself, which is a bad way to judge.

Geodude, Quick claw rules. I use it a lot and it helps out a lot, and those power-ups, like charcoal, are good with pokemon with a small movepool, like milotic, giving him mystic water powers up it's surf, probably one of two attacking moves on it. Let's see:
Milotic has a base stat of 100 in it's special attack, plus most sane people would have the modest nature on it, surf has 95 base power, add stab that makes 142.5, double that with rain dance (it's safe given his 125 special defense base stat meaning it would take more than a thunder to beat him) = 285, plus 10 percent from the item, which makes over 300, quite capable of destroying a lot, especially in double battle, that's 300 base power to two pokemon at once, =ouch...
erm
the 10% of quick claw is the chances of getting the first hit. It does NOT Boost the stat!!!

Cool_Kid
19th January 2007, 2:27 PM
anyway chance of working quick claw is 23,4% or something

Mello
19th January 2007, 4:42 PM
Seismic toss sucks except for a tank or annoyer whom have low attack.
everyone thought seismic toss was great probably because of annimations or the name itself, which is a bad way to judge.

I couldn't have said it better. I still remember how I used to watch the Pokemon Anime, I watched it before I played games, and I still remember Ash's Charizard OHKOing Pryce's Magmar with it. I was like OMG!!! BEST MOVE EVER!! (I was 8), yeah, it was very overrated. Seismic Toss does only do 100 damage every time, but it's a good option for things like Blissey who have seriously got nothing better to do while they soak up special moves or whatever. The good thing about Seismic Toss though, is that it will KO something without Lefties/Sitrus Berry/Wish/Recover/Synthesis/Healing Move of any sort in a maximum of 6 hits I think. It's a pity that you very rarely come accross something without recovering abilities.

Also, Superdude22, Quick Claw sucks even more than Seismic Toss. It only works 10% of the time. You're better off sharking your Geodude and having him learn Agility. This is a waste of time. If you want speed, my reccomendation would be Salac Berry. Stat is not boosted by Quick Claw.

anyway chance of working quick claw is 23,4% or something

It's 10%.

TheGoeb
18th February 2007, 8:09 PM
I agree 100% with the legendaries. develope no skill whatsoever. ;]

DDJ2991
9th April 2007, 1:50 PM
for some reason i tend to have up to 3 of the same type attacking moves on all my pokemon, mainly because i really hate strategic moves like calm mind and stuff, but now im getting used to it..

the main reason i use to do it cause i wanted really strong attacks on my pokemon for example:

charizard: heat wave, blast burn, fire blast, overheat

magnemiteZ
9th April 2007, 2:58 PM
But if you have such moves, you can't do anything against things that aren't weak to fire.
The matter at hand is that because you've got so many moves that are of the same type, you don't have diversity on your pokemon, so if something comes in like a Dragon Type, you wouldn't even be able to touch it. But you would have been able to do some damage to it if you had
Rock Side or Dragon Claw for example.
Same with Houndoom. He gets Flash Fire, so you wouldn't be able to touch it. Yet if you simply had Earthquake, you'd be able to put up a fight.

But Charizard is a bad example because it can't stand up against very much at all.

Phray
10th April 2007, 2:51 AM
How do you get multiple hidden powers?

Trading?

crudent
10th April 2007, 2:50 PM
You can only teach one Hidden Power TM to your pokemon.

You could buy more of it in Slateport / Pick Up in FR/LG though, if that's what you're asking.

SLIMsunil
10th April 2007, 11:41 PM
k, im thinkin of trainin a new d/p pokemon and i want it 2 av a powerful hidden power, from 60 to 70 in power and either a fire or rock,
is there a specific way i can calculate what it will be like if i give itz EVs and stats at level 5?

Reno
11th April 2007, 12:29 AM
go hidden power a kecleon.

runka
6th January 2008, 8:38 AM
Come on,in special sweeper nobody even thought of Gardevoir???

Irith_Locke
14th July 2008, 1:32 AM
Gardevoir is a Tank, not a sweeper. Gardevoir doesn't have the speed for a sweeper.

fortressuser
15th July 2008, 5:13 PM
umm commenting on the "no skill to use legendaries" thats a big fat lie
use these pokemon wrong and your screwed
celebi it almost hast to be perfect for it to be good
zapdose needs skill
articuno needs skill
moltess needs skill
raiku needs skill
entei needs skill

ubers are the pokemon that dont require skill to be good

ginger4prez
7th August 2008, 9:48 PM
If my friend has a Mewtwo that I want to beat, but my team is a lower level than it what should I use? The Mewtwo's moveset is like this:
Psychic
Psych Up
Solarbeam
Recover

By the way, he isn't that great, so don't expect him to be switching out or anything.

Use a F-E-A-R that'll really rub it in

*btw fear is a rattata with endeavor, quick attack and pursuit olding a focus sash the idea is that he uses endeavor, gets 1 hp (cause of sash) and that lowers mewtwo to 1 and then use quick attack to attack first or pursuit if he switches.
if you haven't completed the game you can use starly with eandeavor and aerial ace.

Pokemaniac1
8th October 2008, 11:18 AM
How good is this Butterfree moveset?

Psychic
Safeguard
Silverwind
Sleep Powder

Here are the uses for the moves.

Psychic is high damaging and can score super effective hits on a fair few, additionally making up for Butterfree's poor flying moveset. Safeguard does good help in team support blocking status conditions such as burn. Silverwind is a useful move that occasionally raises all status. Sleep Powder combined with Butterfree's ability means it usually hits.

Yo Shee
8th October 2008, 12:55 PM
The only decent moves that Butterfree can learn are Sleep Powder, Psychic, Giga Drain, and Sunny Day/Solarbeam. Even so, it's completely outclassed by Gengar and other pokemon with much higher stats that learn similar moves as well. You shouldn't use Bug moves like Silver Wind because Butterfree's attack stat is beyond pathetic. Bottom line is, it's not a very useful pokemon towards the end of the game, but if you want a real challenge, go for it.

Shine
8th October 2008, 1:18 PM
You shouldn't use Bug moves like Silver Wind because Butterfree's attack stat is beyond pathetic.

I think he used Silver Wind for the stat-raising effect, not the damage.
But since the stat-raising effect is so unreliable (I've tried that and out of 7 PPs, I often got none of them or just one/two has the stat-raising effect activated), it's better to use Giga Drain instead IMO.

Pokemaniac1
9th October 2008, 9:45 AM
well, what about this dragonite move set?

hyper beam
outrage
thunderbolt
ice beam

hyper beam can do a lot of damage with dragonite's massive attack. outrage is a nice strong move that can be crippling with the persim berry. thunderbolt and ice beam can be pretty painful when used together.

Overall, with you talking about hyperbeam there should be a decent replacement for it though.

Shine
9th October 2008, 7:07 PM
Return with max happiness will do more power in two turns than Hyper Beam.

Return : 102 + 102 = 204
Hyper Beam : 120 + 0 (charging) = 120

Your Dragonite moveset is fine, just change Hyper Beam to Return.
I prefer this moveset though

Dragonite
Mild/Rash Nature
~Flamethrower
~Dragon Claw
~Aerial Ace
~Earthquake

FlameClaw is resisted by nothing, unlike BoltBeam which is still resisted by Shedinja, Magneton, and Lanturn :D

Yo Shee
9th October 2008, 8:39 PM
FlameClaw is resisted by nothing, unlike BoltBeam which is still resisted by Shedinja, Magneton, and Lanturn :D

It also helps to have physical attacks to get around pokemon such as Chansey and Hypno, so that's why moves like Aerial Ace and Earthquake are there.

lv.100
12th October 2008, 2:43 AM
hey, i have a new sapphire game and i am at lilycove city and i need some help with a team i currently have lairon, combusken, and trapinch, so if this team needs some modifications please tell me.

Yo Shee
12th October 2008, 2:57 AM
To make modifications this soon, it would help to know what their natures are. It's better to replace them now than if they're level 60.

lv.100
13th October 2008, 8:51 PM
okay, my trapinch (now a vibrava) nature is naive, blaziken quiet, lairon bold, and kadabra,impish, all in the level 35 range.

Pokemaniac1
17th October 2008, 10:42 AM
Here is my thankyous and questions

Butterfree, thankyou. Thanks for the gigadrain info - I guess it will be decent despite its poor base power and PP. I would actually like a replacement for safeguard. Butterfree's status just isn't built for it.

I would like a move replacement that would give me an advantage over an Alakazam

Dragonite. Thankyou for the physical replacement for hyperbeam. I've picked earthquake and shiny trainer. While it is true that flame claw can strike for at least normal damage bolt beam has got more type coverage.

Here is the question: what is a good nature for a dragonite?

Here is another question: which is better for my pidgeot - fly or aerial ace?

I know that pidgeot is not a very good Pokemon, but I like them

HanoiRose
17th October 2008, 2:34 PM
For Dragonites nature, since you are using a mixed set, i'd suggest Mild or Rash.
For Pidgeot, i prefer Aerial Ace because of the higher accuracy.

Yo Shee
17th October 2008, 2:46 PM
Dragonite. Thankyou for the physical replacement for hyperbeam. I've picked earthquake and shiny trainer. While it is true that flame claw can strike for at least normal damage bolt beam has got more type coverage.

Dragonite gets stab on Dragon Claw, and there are many other pokemon that can use Thunderbolt/Ice Beam instead.

Here is another question: which is better for my pidgeot - fly or aerial ace?

I know that pidgeot is not a very good Pokemon, but I like them

Go with Wing Attack. It is learned leveling up, so you don't waste your valuable TM.

foxyman1167
11th November 2008, 9:58 PM
what is so great about a Curselax? Why dont people teach him Bulk Up, which is the same thing without the drop in speed. For my Battle Frontier Snorlax, just wondering if you could rate it?

Snorlax - Relaxed/Brave
Thick Fat - Leftovers
EV's in HP/SDef/Att
~Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~
~

If your wondering who else is on my team, its Starmie and Marowak, they together already cover every possible type, except Ghost and Psychic, both beaten by Shadow Ball. Earthquake for Rock and Steel, the types resistant to Normal types. Other than that, I have no idea what to put.

Yo Shee
11th November 2008, 10:02 PM
what is so great about a Curselax? Why dont people teach him Bulk Up, which is the same thing without the drop in speed.
1. He can't learn Bulk Up.
2. The drop in speed barely matters, considering how slow he already is. With high HP, Attack, Defense (after curse), and Sp.Defense, he will be almost unstoppable.

Snorlax - Relaxed/Brave
Thick Fat - Leftovers
EV's in HP/SDef/Att
~Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Focus Punch
~Substitute

Body Slam + Earthquake will get more damage and type coverage than Shadow Ball. Sub+Punching is rather unnecessary on Snorlax as well, you could put Shadow Ball there to hit Ghost-types along with Yawn or Rest, or you could try Sleep-Talking.

theforgottensoldier
15th November 2008, 11:27 PM
I'm having trouble deciding which pokemon should lead my team in the battle pyramid.Should i go with steelix(steel/ground),camerupt(fire/ground), Or try out some fast pokemon(i heard they have a better flee rate).If so what is a fast pokemon that also has few weaknesses.

Crystal Larvitar
16th November 2008, 7:29 AM
i agree with the legendaries thing. in leaf green i faced moltres and aricuno just to get some decent exp for my pokes because i don't use legends so i might as well use them to lvl up my pokes and not waste pokeballs.

Crystal Larvitar
16th November 2008, 7:29 AM
oops sorry for double post

Crystal Larvitar
16th November 2008, 8:19 AM
hows my team for in game use? i have 7 badges so i will also need help on whether my team is prepared for giovanni and the poke league. also i know that my team is low lvl and i plan to lvl them up as soon as i can find a quick way to do so. (im playing leaf green)
Main pokes:

snorlax: Thick Fat, Jolly, lvl 40
1.Brick Break
2.Body Slam
3.Rest
4.Sleep Talk

Rhydon: Lightning Rod, Calm, lvl 42
1.Strength
2.Rock Blast
3.Substitute
4.Horn Drill (with 1 pp up)

Marowak: Lightning Rod, Hardy, lvl 41
1.Bonemerang
2.Attract (female marowak cause most high lvl pokes in game are male)
3.Headbutt
4.Brick Break

Lapras: Water Absorb, Lax, lvl 42
1.Surf
2.Body Slam
3.Ice Beam
4.Perish song (my last resort move)

Ninetales: Flash Fire (jeez alot of my team absorbs types), Modest, lvl 34 (im workin on it.
1.Flamethrower
2.Will-O-Wisp
3.Roar
4.Toxic
notice a pattern? Tails (nickname) poisons/burns pokes then roars them out and repeats for each poke in the trainers party unless it runs into steel/grass/bug types. very effective against fire pokes cause it absorbs fire then sends it back with flamethrower.

Hitmonlee: Limber, Brave, lvl 40
1.Hi Jump Kick
2.Brick Break
3.Bulk Up
4.Strength

On the side pokes:

replacement for Hitmonlee
Raichu: Static, Adamant (thats right a physical raichu lol), lvl 36 (my replacements are low lvls)
1.Thundershock (hey you never know when you might meet something with high def.)
2.Slam (for pp less power)
3.Mega Kick (for power less pp)
4.Brick Break

replacement for Marowak for really balenced stats (atk and sp. atk are even and def and sp. def are 1 apart.

Nidoqueen: Poison Point, Quirky, lvl 33 :(
1.Attract (female obviously)
2.Body Slam
3.Brick Break
4.Fire Blast (like i said even atk and sp. atk)

Replacement for Snorlax for GREAT versatility

Wigglytuff: Cute Charm (lol all 3 replacements induce status conditions on contact) Bashful, lvl 33 :(
1.Sing
2.Water Pulse
3.Counter
4.Mega Punch (sp. atk is only 9 higher than atk and mega punch is pretty strong)

well thats it for my ridiculously long question of how good my team is. please rate it from 1-10 and tell me whats wrong with it please. oh and yes i am aware i have 3 ground types and 2 are in my main team. Ground types are my all time favorite type and i use Rydon in such a way that its weaknesses hardly matter.

Yo Shee
16th November 2008, 3:15 PM
Replace Snorlax's Brick Break with Earthquake. This will allow it to get more type coverage.

Unfortunately, you've already wasted your time with that Rhydon. The Calm nature is terrible because it lowers the attack stat. If you really want to use one, try go get an Adamant one, or just stick with Snorlax, who should be just as good.

Crystal Larvitar
16th November 2008, 10:10 PM
lol okay but it took me a while to get ryhorn (only encountered 2 in safari zone and only managed to catch 1). also i already used a pp up and substitute tm which are irreplaceable. also where can i get earthquake? and i was wondering, if i shouldnt use this Rhydon what replacement poke would work well in its place because im always gonna use 6 pokes in gym/elite/rival battles but i will only use 5 pokes (depending on which ones will work best for the trainers/pokes in the area) for regular battles (so doduo can be in my party for flight.)

Crystal Larvitar
17th November 2008, 9:45 PM
k i taught EQ to snorlax and i might migrate rhydon to pearl. probably after i beat the poke league with it. because if im gonna get rid of it i want its name to forever be in my game cause rhydon is like the coolest poke ever.

edit: i also got rid of hitmonlee's brick break for endure. it really saved me from needoqueens crit. that i predicted. i had 6 bulk ups and nedo's atack was halved cause of burn (my tails did it) and it kept hitting me while i set up bulk ups. then i predicted a crit. and endured to be safe. And it got a crit!

second edit: also heres a tip for anyone with a snorlax and hasn't beaten all the gyms. Snorlax works wonders in victory road no matter how low lvl he is as long as hes above lvl 35. he can keep resting and sleep talking and it really saves you trips to the poke center and market for potions.

Dragon trainer
18th November 2008, 10:49 AM
Hey Can i get some help with my lonely Pikachu?

I'm keeping this one as my electric type as i have found some more but none with HP Grass/Ice/Water/Anything decent.

I've come up with this

Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Brick break
Iron tail

but i dont know if it'll be good Ingame But no HP its dragon, and no breeding moves please it's preE4

Is it also possible to use Magneton without HP ICE ingame as well?

Rad3n
18th November 2008, 12:45 PM
Never mind. I thought this was 4th gen. It can live here if it wants.

Yo Shee
18th November 2008, 12:51 PM
Is it also possible to use Magneton without HP ICE ingame as well?

Yes, but I would at least try to get one with a decent special-typed hidden power. Otherwise it will be very limited as to what it can do.

foxyman1167
11th December 2008, 1:58 AM
What would be the best nature to shoot for when hunting the Bird Trio? I currently have a Timid Zapdos and Articuno, and a Modest Moltres, but wanted to know if there are better options for in Zapdos/Moltres case, a special sweeper set, and for Articuno's case, maybe a mixed wall or special sweeper?

Yo Shee
11th December 2008, 2:09 AM
I don't know about Articuno and Moltres, but Zapdos should definitely have a mixed attacking moveset no matter what its nature is. It doesn't learn enough of either kind of attack to make an all-out special or all-out physical moveset.

Zapdos
-Thunderbolt
-Drill Peck
-Thunder Wave/Steel Wing/Substitute/Light Screen
-"
Essentially, those are all of its useful options. Even with the nature reduction from Timid, there isn't much better that it can do, unless you're lucky enough to have Hidden Power Ice.

azureskye
23rd April 2009, 2:52 AM
well, since this is the team rate, i figure i should use it. here's what i've got.

Kingdra-
Blizzard
Dragon Dance
Hydro Pump
Outrage

Tyranitar-
Thunderbolt
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Crunch

Skarmory-
Spikes
Sky Attack
Metal Sound
Rock Slide

Dusklops-
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Endure
Shadow Ball

Ariados-
Psychic
Mimic
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb

Umbreon-;197;
Psychic
Moonlight
Dig
Iron Tail

PKMasterCesar
5th June 2009, 3:15 AM
My friends (about a group of 8) and I have been battling in Emerald against each other here and there. We see how well we do against each other by looking at the W/L columns. Our rules are 6v6 single battle lvl 100's. Our only rules are no deoxys form, no same pkmn, no illegal stats and no same items. One of them is undefeated (8-0) so far and it would make me very happy to not only be the first to take him down but to have a team that he could never take down.

His team consists of (in no particular order)(N/A moves are forgotten or have never seen used) :
- Kyogre
sheer cold/n/a
- Mewtwo
earthquake/shadow ball/psychic/recover
- Arcanine (M)
fire blast/flamethrower/extremespeed/ return
- Tyranitar (M)
rock slide/earthquake/crunch/n/a
- Jolteon (M)
thunder/n/a
- Dragonite (M)
dragonclaw
I have tried and tried and tried but no strategy has worked so far. I would realy lioke some help in making a team that would beat him. Or if anyone has champion-caliber teams or proven teams that could withstand just about any opposition, i would greatly appreciate it.

the best team that has come pretty close to beating him:
- Starmie (nevermeltice)
Confuse ray/surf/ice beam/recover

- Electrode (Focus band)
thunderbolt/rollout/double team/explosion

- Forretress (F) (Quick claw)
Explosion/Giga drain/ Double edge/earthquake

- alakazam (M)(twistedspoon)
Shadow ball/psychic/future sight/recover

- Blaziken (M)(Leftovers)
Blaze kick/Sky uppercut/ aerial ace/earthquake

- Snorlax (F) (Chesto Berry)
Yawn/Snore/body slam/rest

blaziken05
6th June 2009, 4:16 AM
My friends (about a group of 8) and I have been battling in Emerald against each other here and there. We see how well we do against each other by looking at the W/L columns. Our rules are 6v6 single battle lvl 100's. Our only rules are no deoxys form, no same pkmn, no illegal stats and no same items. One of them is undefeated (8-0) so far and it would make me very happy to not only be the first to take him down but to have a team that he could never take down.

His team consists of (in no particular order)(N/A moves are forgotten or have never seen used) :
- Kyogre
sheer cold/n/a
- Mewtwo
earthquake/shadow ball/psychic/recover
- Arcanine (M)
fire blast/flamethrower/extremespeed/ return
- Tyranitar (M)
rock slide/earthquake/crunch/n/a
- Jolteon (M)
thunder/n/a
- Dragonite (M)
dragonclaw
I have tried and tried and tried but no strategy has worked so far. I would realy lioke some help in making a team that would beat him. Or if anyone has champion-caliber teams or proven teams that could withstand just about any opposition, i would greatly appreciate it.

the best team that has come pretty close to beating him:
- Starmie (nevermeltice)
Confuse ray/surf/ice beam/recover

- Electrode (Focus band)
thunderbolt/rollout/double team/explosion

- Forretress (F) (Quick claw)
Explosion/Giga drain/ Double edge/earthquake

- alakazam (M)(twistedspoon)
Shadow ball/psychic/future sight/recover

- Blaziken (M)(Leftovers)
Blaze kick/Sky uppercut/ aerial ace/earthquake

- Snorlax (F) (Chesto Berry)
Yawn/Snore/body slam/rest

Starmie
Modest/Timid
-Surf
-Thunderbolt (or Thunder, but neither's going to do much damage to Kyogre)
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Should take out Arcanine and Dragonite. Will damage Kyogre, but if Kyogre has Thunder (and I wouldn't be surprised if it does), you won't last long there.

Blaziken
-Overheat
-Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide (or Earthquake, but Rock Slide is generally a better option to hit flying)
-Swords Dance

Stat up and take things out. Overheat > Blaze Kick because you'd need the power, particularly in the rain, and Blaziken doesn't have the defenses to sit around. Takes out Arcanine and T-tar.

Snorlax@Leftovers (put the leftovers on this one - it'd make better use of it.)
-Curse (or Sleep Talk)
-Rest
-Shadow Ball/Earthquake
-Body Slam

Snorlax has good special defense and HP, so take advantage of this. Curse lets you stat up (you won't be using the speed anyways), while Sleep Talk lets you attack during the rest and do more damage than snore. Shadow Ball will hurt Mewtwo, while Earthquake hurts T-tar, Jolteon, and Arcanine. It could stand up to Kyogre and Mewtwo for a little, but not indefinitely.

Alazakam is somewhat redundant given Starmie, since psychic moves aren't very helpful, and shadow ball (physical in this generation) will do almost nothing with Zam's pitiful physical attack.

Forretress is best as a Spikes/Rapid Spinner/Explosion type, which doesn't seem very useful given this sort of batter.

There are better choices than Electrode.

It looks like the battle is winable without legendaries, but they'd help. A dark type to resist Mewtwo would work, leaving it with only earthquake. Needs something that resists/is immune to Earthquake, I believe.

PKMasterCesar
10th June 2009, 3:58 AM
In response o Blaziken05: Thanks for the tips dude, This is my rare time checking into the forum, but in the mean time I did some research and came up with the following team:

Cloyster@lax incense
Ice beam
Surf
Spikes
toxic

Ice beam/surf for dragonite/arcanine/tyranitar. lax incense for making them miss (he sitches out A LOT and thought it would be a good idea). he has nturally high def so as to leave him out long enough to set out three sets of spikes. lax incense for the same reason. I'm alsi thinking of swapping the move toxic w/ attract seeing as how ALL of his pkmn are male, save kyogre and mewtwo.

Marshtomp@Soft sand
ice beam
surf
roar
earthquake

his moves are good against 4! of his pkmn (arcanine/tyranitar/jolteon/dragonite) and soft sand to power up earthquake b/c 3 out of those 4 are weak against ground. roar is in there to mess up his flow and to hurt the next pkmn with spikes.

Dugtrio@leftovers - arena trap
earthquake
sand attack
rock slide
attract

earthquake - see above. sand attack so he lasts longer. his arena trap will come in handy, soon as he switches to a weak-against-ground type, he should be done for. rock slide for dragonite and attract for all the males.

umbreon@Shell bell
pursuit
sand attack
moonlight
shadow ball

shell bell is the next best thing to leftovers. pursuit for when he switches out his mewtwo so it does 80 damage!sand attack just b/c. shadow ball also for mewtwo.

raikou@brightpowder
thunderwave
thunder
roar
calm mind

I put brightpowder on him cuz i have a feeling its gonna be his kyogre as his last pkmn using sheer cold. thunderwave/roar combo so i could slow down his pkmn. thunder and calm mind for a better one-hit-chance of taking his kyogre out.

Flygon@scope lens
earthquake
rockslide
crunch
sand attack

this is a personal favorite as his type/move combo can take out 5! of his pkmn (excpt kyogre). sand attack as he's more of a back up in case things aren't going my way. Cruch - mewtwo. rock slide-dragonite. eartquake - see above.

What do you think of this team? I will be battling him this weekend and hope to be victorious. I would be surprised if he takes out 3 of my pkmn.

prophet
20th June 2009, 12:00 AM
The info on Mystic Water type items really helped me with my team. Thanks for the info!

Xestt!
20th June 2009, 7:06 PM
For pkmastercesar: it's good to have that many friends who own emerald... Unfortunately, my situation is a bit worse. Actually I would be happy if I had 1 friend that owns poke-games :P But that's another thing. At least I can say that I am a competitive battler (well, on netbattle I had about 100 wins and 30 losses. Not perfect, but that's because of my impatience and some novelties I used xD) and I can help you a bit. Your friends team is not competitive and easy to beat. The movesets also aren't too good. I guess he didn't even ev train his pkmn as well. 1 good kyogre can kill a team like that. I suggest you get a kyogre (best with calm, modest, timid or bold nature) and give it smogon evs. Ev training is necessary because it would let you outspeed your friends kyogre (with correct evs) and kill it with thunder. Here's the moveset:
1. Surf
2. Ice beam
3. Thunder
4. Calm mind
Just make this kyogre your starter. If your friends starter is jolteon switch kyogre into something that resists electric attacks. If his starter is also kyogre, kill it with thunder. If it's something else, try to predict if there's gonna be a switch. If you think he'll switch into jolteon, use surf - with drizzle it should be a 1 hit ko. After his jolty and kyogre (another potential thunderer) are dead there's nothing that you wouldn't be able to calm mind on. I see you have already planned your team so I don't think my post was any help but a kyogre like that can destroy teams, trust me on that. Good luck then! Post the results here, please.

M4zz
16th August 2009, 4:03 AM
For pkmastercesar: it's good to have that many friends who own emerald... Unfortunately, my situation is a bit worse. Actually I would be happy if I had 1 friend that owns poke-games :P But that's another thing. At least I can say that I am a competitive battler (well, on netbattle I had about 100 wins and 30 losses. Not perfect, but that's because of my impatience and some novelties I used xD) and I can help you a bit. Your friends team is not competitive and easy to beat. The movesets also aren't too good. I guess he didn't even ev train his pkmn as well. 1 good kyogre can kill a team like that. I suggest you get a kyogre (best with calm, modest, timid or bold nature) and give it smogon evs. Ev training is necessary because it would let you outspeed your friends kyogre (with correct evs) and kill it with thunder. Here's the moveset:
1. Surf
2. Ice beam
3. Thunder
4. Calm mind
Just make this kyogre your starter. If your friends starter is jolteon switch kyogre into something that resists electric attacks. If his starter is also kyogre, kill it with thunder. If it's something else, try to predict if there's gonna be a switch. If you think he'll switch into jolteon, use surf - with drizzle it should be a 1 hit ko. After his jolty and kyogre (another potential thunderer) are dead there's nothing that you wouldn't be able to calm mind on. I see you have already planned your team so I don't think my post was any help but a kyogre like that can destroy teams, trust me on that. Good luck then! Post the results here, please.

Not that Im complaining, but ubers are not very good leads, or very fair pokemon. Just make a team of six pokemon that support each other and enjoy it. Im not saying that you shouldnt use legendaries, but people will hate you for it.

Xestt!
18th August 2009, 10:25 AM
Why do you think that they are not very good leads? Some of them are ok. For example kyogre with drizzle would be a great lead for teams that have many water type attacks and thunders. But yeah, personally I don't use ubers because they aren't allowed in battle tower and I don't like that hey are overpowered. But I wouldn't say that I hate people who use ubers.

belbzm
7th September 2009, 12:01 PM
Cheapest Gold @ www.Belrion.com
10kGold for 62usd ! Secure Manual Powerlevel + Cheap Accounts Too !
While Stock Last ^^
Paypal World Seller + Macfee Secured Site ^^
USE WOW GOLD COUPON CODE for 5% Bonus: wow2277

siburke939
16th September 2009, 12:40 AM
oh b*ll*cks wrong forum!!!

apologies for this post mods - plz delete :hide:

Supreme Golden Ho-oH
13th November 2009, 5:51 PM
I'm building up a sandstorm team. I need an opinion about the team I pulled out and some advice to make it better. I'd be really thankful if someone'd help me ^^

Also, I'll be needing this team for pretty soon. So I really have no time for breeding, therefore, no egg moves or HP.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Trait:Sandstream
Nature:Rash
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt

Skarmory@Leftovers
Trait:Keen Eye
Nature:Impish
-Spikes
-Drill Peck
-Sandstorm
-Whirlwind

metagross@Choice Band
Trait:Clean body
Nature: Adamant
-Meteor mash
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb
-Explosion

Cradily@Leftovers
Trait:Suction Cups
Nature:Adamant
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Recover

Swampert@leftovers
Trait:Torrent
Nature:Quiet
-Earthquake
-ice beam
-Surf
-Curse

Flygon@leftovers
Trait:Levitate
nature:hardy
-Solarbeam
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragonbreath

I'll be fighting some ubers (mewtwo, jirachi, deoxys, groudon, kyogre and rayquaza possibly). Thanks in advance ^^^!

Darkest Shade of Light
24th January 2010, 3:00 AM
I would just like some help here. My current undefeated team in FireRed is kind of lacking in my mind. Here it is:

Charizard@Charcoal
Blaze
Rash
-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
-Wing Attack
-Blast Burn (debating to change to Dragon Claw or not)

Tyranitar@Tyranitar
Sand Stream
Mild
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Body Slam

Dragonite@Lax Incense (I hate blizzard)
Inner Focus
Rash
-Dragon Claw
-Ice Beam
-Shock Wave
-Fly

Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Impish
-Psychic
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit (Probably to change to Shadow Ball)
-Confusion (More than likely to change to Earthquake)

Lapras@Mystic Water
Shell Armor
Hardy
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Sheer Cold

Sceptile@Miracle Seed
Overgrow
Hasty
-Leaf Blade
-Bullet Seed (Scheduled to change to Dragon Claw)
-Fury Cutter (Planning on changing to Brick Break)
-Quick Attack (Possibly changing to Hyper Beam)

johntylor
11th February 2010, 8:19 AM
his is simple; we all know the terrific combo Rain Dance and Thunder make; almost all Electric Pokémon could have this set, which is classified under the Special Sweeper category.

AceMasterPokemon
3rd March 2011, 4:35 AM
Hello. I am trying to figure out which pokemon I should put on my team for XD. Here's my team. The bottom one is the one I am trying to decide on.

Umbreon

Flaffy

Spheal

Breloom

Numel

Duskull/Kirlia

Please help.

mna75
8th March 2011, 1:24 PM
Team build the hidden power to team building......

Jellyfisher
5th October 2011, 2:35 AM
Hey would jirachi;385; be good for sp.att.?

Emeraldfan
6th October 2011, 8:03 PM
You could do that. If you've looked at it's base stats, you would've seen that it's got 100 in every single stat.

courtg
26th October 2011, 2:32 AM
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a question about the larvitar I'm currently training for an Emerald team. Should I let it evolve naturally to Tyranitar, or delay evolution? Does that affect stats in any way?

M4zz
4th November 2011, 1:58 AM
It wont affect stats, and maybe detering evolution for the likes of Rock Slide or Crunch could be a good idea if you want them earlier. But evolving it will result in Pupitar learning them naturally, and before evolution, so it doesnt really matter.

lazysmurf
1st April 2013, 8:48 AM
I'm still pretty early in the game and I really don't know what I should and shouldn't train. I want an all purpose team I can rely on. I need to make some replacement, although I would like to keep like half of my Pokemon. Here's my current team:

Marshtomp lv27
Breeloom lv27
Kirlia lv25
Manectric lv27
Swellow lv27
Linoone lv27

What should I keep, what should I replace?
I'm thinking of adding an Aron or a Skarmory, but do I really need fire, ice and dark type Pokemon?

If this is not the right thread for this, could someone direct me to where to post this? :p

ashiemore
25th April 2013, 12:12 PM
I'm still pretty early in the game and I really don't know what I should and shouldn't train. I want an all purpose team I can rely on. I need to make some replacement, although I would like to keep like half of my Pokemon. Here's my current team:

Marshtomp lv27
Breeloom lv27
Kirlia lv25
Manectric lv27
Swellow lv27
Linoone lv27

What should I keep, what should I replace?
I'm thinking of adding an Aron or a Skarmory, but do I really need fire, ice and dark type Pokemon?

If this is not the right thread for this, could someone direct me to where to post this? :p

The marshtomp and breloom are pretty good pokés as long as you have a good moveset for both of them. Kirlia is also a good option because Gardevoir is a good special sweeper. Swellow is also good as long as you follow the no-two-moves-of-same-type rule.

Manectric(for me at least) is a kind of strange choice, I would usually go with a Magneton or something else of the sort. As for Linoone, unless you're keeping it on your team for pickup, you should probably replace it with a Skarmory, cause you can rely on Swellow for STABbed Normal-type moves.

Hope this helps.

~ashiemore