PDA

View Full Version : Which of Ash's old Pokemon will return in the rest of Battle Frontier?

rjendo
21st October 2005, 9:22 PM
So far we've had:
Battle Factory: Charizard
Battle Arena: Snorlax

Any Guesses for the rest?
Mine:
Battle Dome: Pidgeot
BAttle Pike: Muk
Battle Pyramid: Bayleef
Battle Palace: Noctowl
Battle Tower: Squirtle/Bulbasaur

Meganium Ex
21st October 2005, 9:24 PM
You made 3 threads... Delite the other 2.

Lil Brother
21st October 2005, 9:29 PM
Hmm. I would assume only his old Knato Pokemon would return. *makes a list of them* The ones I have highlighted I hope return this saga:

Butterfree
Primeape
Kingler
Pidgeot
Lapras
Squrtle
Tauros
Muk
Bulbasaur (who should mate with May's Bulbasaur! Pretty please!?)

CyberCubed
21st October 2005, 9:41 PM
My guesses:

Bulbasaur (almost a shoe-in do to it's popularity with the writers)

Squirtle (if Charizard and Bulbasaur return, they can't leave Squirtle out. Not to mention seeing Ash's Squirtle meet May's Squirtle should be fun)

Muk/Tauros: I can see one of these returning depending on the situation.

Heracross: A good bet depending if Ash needs a powerhouse.

Honestly, I don't see his Johto team returning. They may return for some lesser battles, but not for the Brains.

This is a Kanto season, and the writers will advertise Ash's Kanto Pokemon. Charizard and Snorlax happened to be the most popular, which is why they returned first.

I'd expect either Bulbasaur or Squirtle will be next.

Torkoal Stu
21st October 2005, 9:52 PM
Well it would appear that a Pokemon would return in each facillity, so which makes the whole BF saga into a returning season that ignores all Emerald rules which makes it gyms as I said. However my teacher did say "two dots makes a line not a pattern" so in other words it may just be these two but knowing the writers yeah one for each one.

Well i'm wanting for Torkoal to come back (DUH!) but it did get shafted in Hoenn so theres a small chance it'll come back. Even more likely though is Glalie I can just see the thing getting a ton of screen time, well even more to add to the hoenn league constant winning thing, I know everyone is saying about Ash's Kanto pokemon returning but come on Glalie is sure too appear if its not just kanto pokemon getting in on the action.

As for Kanto pokemon I would like to return its mostly just Muk, Tauros and Kingler I see. Well Kingler got smashed with voltorb remember in the johto league and never got to battle so it may get its reward for missing out if you get my meaning. Muk just needs time since its so cool and Tauros doesn't get much time and needs some. So as you can see my bets are on Tauros, Kingler and Muk, however if itis johto/hoenn too then its gonna be Glalie.

Gravy
21st October 2005, 9:55 PM
I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up, but if they ARE planning on having old team members show their face in each Frontier battle then I'd say the Catch n' Oak squad are the most likely candidates. So, thats Muk, Kingler, Heracross and Tauros down.
Other pokémon that I'd assume would make a comeback would be a handful of the Johto squad, including the likes of Bayleef and Noctowl. I'm not expecting appearences from any Cyndaquils or Totodiles.

I also think it would be interesting to have one of the Facilities rely on double battles. It would be interesting to see how certain pokémon under Ash's command would interact in a battle.

I don't understand why people are only assuming that Kanto pokémon are the only ones going to be taking part in all this. If that was the case, then why the hell would they have Ash take Phanpy along with him?

I'll E-throttle them if Bulbasaur sticks his nose in. Seriously, I really am sick of that thing.
Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Haunter, Larvitar. Those are all nothing more than wishful thinking

Torkoal Stu
21st October 2005, 10:01 PM
Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras, Haunter, Larvitar. Those are all nothing more than wishful thinking
Exactly since Ash has no way to get in touch with them except finding them randomly.

Pidgeot: In some forest
Butterfree: God only knows
Primeape: Training however no longer owned
Lapras: Orange Islands i'd imagine maybe its still in Johto
Haunter: He never owned it really so who cares?
Larvitar: Mt.Silver

But if someone says Charizard, he still owns it and has a way of getting in touch cause of Liza so Charizard is always a chance but with those guys hardly a chance since there all in the wild or with one time charecters.

Mew2
21st October 2005, 10:07 PM
I think that Bulbasaur are very likely to appear. They were popular and strong, and Ash has access to them. He can just call Oak for Bulbasaur and, if I remember correctly, one of the Brains is in or near Vermillion City. That means that Ash could run into Vermillion's Officer Jenny he'd have Squirtle. And that is assuming that Ash doesn't have some other way to keep in touch with that Jenny and Squirtle like he does with Liza and Charizard.

Joe
21st October 2005, 10:09 PM
Tauros: I would love for this thing to come back! :D I loved the fact that Ash used it in the Johto League!

Cyndaquil: I want this to come back for one reason - evolving to Quilava!! [/wishful thinking]

Muk: It could smother Brandon. ^_^

Squirtle/Totodile: I don't care which, I just want one of the water starters to come back. Or both, that'd be cool.

wobbanut
21st October 2005, 10:22 PM
I definitely want Bayleef to return, she'd be a powerful pokemon for him to compete with. :) Noctowl would be great too.

RandomCharizard
21st October 2005, 10:28 PM
So far we've had:
Battle Arena: Snorlax

Any Guesses for the rest?
Mine:
Battle Dome: Pidgeot
BAttle Pike: Muk
Battle Pyramid: Bayleef
Battle Tower: Squirtle/Bulbasaur
Ell Oh Ell,pidgeot?We all wish >_<

Anyway I predict Squirtle will come back to meet its squirtle friend ;o.
Noctowl's a pretty good predition too.

JazzJazz
21st October 2005, 11:49 PM
Despite was some of you have said, I hope the possibility of his old pokemon returning isn't restricted to those from Kanto. Some of the pokemon he obtained in Johto were awesome and definitely deserve a return... it's not impossible, it worked for phanpy.

DANdotW
22nd October 2005, 12:00 AM
On the subject of Double Battles and interaction, I'd pay to see a double battle with Kingler and Corphish. That battle would rock, not to mention a Blubasaur and Squirtle, which would be good. I'm noticing one thing here, the old Pok&#233;mon seem to be coming back with new attacks, or at least, Charizard with Dragonbreath/Overheat and Snorlax with the strange glowing thing he is doing in the trailer. If this is a new attack, then this could show us that at least some of the oldies will come back fresh with a new attack. I could see Kingler with something new, like a better water attack, since it only knows Bubble and Crabhammer (Then again, it's really good anyway with its Hyper Beam)

Hunter

Tazzler
22nd October 2005, 12:11 AM
strange glowing thing
Hyper beam I think....

I would love to have pidgeot appear when Ash gets to battle a brain.

CyberCubed
22nd October 2005, 12:42 AM
Johto were awesome and definitely deserve a return... it's not impossible, it worked for phanpy.

Pretty much because Phanpy was the Snorunt/Glalie of Johto, caught way too late and the writers barely had time to do anything with it.

The only difference is Snorunt evolved thus fullfilling it's potential, but Phanpy hasn't.

I'll say one thing, I'd be shocked if Ash didn't have a Donphan by the time the Frontier saga ends. His "last slot" Pokemon almost always evolves, and Phanpy can be considered in the same batch as the "Catch N' Oak" guys...who are all evolved forms themselves.

Swellow
22nd October 2005, 12:46 AM
I think with Snorlax, and Charizard out of the Mix. Ash should use Tauros who mainly IMO was used in The Battle against Orange Drake, Muk who really hasn't gotten any screen time besides the Leagues. Kingler the pokemon who most needs to get some action, Either Cyndaquil or Totodile just not Bayleaf. Maybe Heracross or just use Phanpy in a battle. My hopeful choices would be Pidgeot since it's In Kanto somewhere, and Squirtle for it's potential reaction with May's.

JazzJazz
22nd October 2005, 2:17 AM
I'll say one thing, I'd be shocked if Ash didn't have a Donphan by the time the Frontier saga ends. His "last slot" Pokemon almost always evolves, and Phanpy can be considered in the same batch as the "Catch N' Oak" guys...who are all evolved forms themselves.

Patterns aren't much to go by when speculating about the anime... you shouldn't be sold on a donphan just becuase of other "last slot" pokemon evolving in the past.

Smeargle_artist
22nd October 2005, 3:45 AM
Ash left all his pokemon in kanto, so, maybe his butterfree will come with his "wife" and new children, or pidgeor, primeape too, with new training.

CyberCubed
22nd October 2005, 3:58 AM
^ There's a better chance of hell freezing over than any of that happening.

Heracross
22nd October 2005, 4:32 AM
All I have to say about this is that Satoshi damn well better use Heracross at some point in this miserable saga.

Argy
22nd October 2005, 6:18 AM
Let's see, he uses Lizardon because he doesn't have a Fire-type on his team anymore. He uses Kabigon because he doesn't have a Normal-type. It seems logical that he'd only call in Pok&#233;mon that are of types OTHER than what are in his usual party. Why call in Bayleaf or Fushigidane when Juptile is right there?

JazzJazz
22nd October 2005, 7:04 AM
Let's see, he uses Lizardon because he doesn't have a Fire-type on his team anymore. He uses Kabigon because he doesn't have a Normal-type. It seems logical that he'd only call in Pokémon that are of types OTHER than what are in his usual party. Why call in Bayleaf or Fushigidane when Juptile is right there?

Did he ever specifically say that he wanted charizard as it was a fire-type? And how do we know he'd calling for snorlax as it's a normal-type? I's say that bayleef and bulbasaur have as much chance as any of Ash's other pokemon of being "temps" on his team.

Yamato-san
22nd October 2005, 12:25 PM
[waves around a giant flag with a picture of Bayleaf on it]

ベイリーフ、ベイリーフ、戻れベイリーフ!ベイリーフ、ベイリーフ、戦えベイリーフ!
Beiriifu, Beiriifu, modore Beiriifu! Beiriifu, Beiriifu, tatakae Beiriifu!
(Bayleaf, Bayleaf, you can come back, Bayleaf! Bayleaf, Bayleaf, you can kick some a**, Bayleaf!)

As you can see, I really want Bayleaf to make a comeback. She's my favorite of Satoshi's current reserves, and much like Gravy, I will be extremely POed if that friggin frog with a pre-pubescent plant on its back comes in and upstages her again. As if it didn't show off enough when Satoshi recently returned to Ookido's lab, both Housou specials featuring the reserve Pokemon, the Shirogane tournament, not to mention all that time it was in Satoshi's party. With Pokemon XD, maybe they should get Bayleaf to learn Frenzy Plant, show up Fushigidane and his fancy-a** Solar Beam for once. But if Bayleaf manages to be properly showcased at all in this thus-far-crappy saga, I'll be extremely pleased.

I really hope that the Battle Frontier doesn't end up just being another opportunity to over-showcase Satoshi's Kantou batch, much like the Shirogane tournament. Sadly, those possibilities are high, seeing as the writers STILL want to advertise Fire Red/Leaf Green so badly, and the fact that Satoshi hasn't been making much use of his current team since this arc started (much like how his Jouto team kept being pushed aside in the end) is another frightening factor.

Tazzler
23rd October 2005, 9:23 PM
Exactly since Ash has no way to get in touch with them except finding them randomly.

Pidgeot: In some forest
Butterfree: God only knows
Primeape: Training however no longer owned
Lapras: Orange Islands i'd imagine maybe its still in Johto
Haunter: He never owned it really so who cares?
Larvitar: Mt.Silver

But if someone says Charizard, he still owns it and has a way of getting in touch cause of Liza so Charizard is always a chance but with those guys hardly a chance since there all in the wild or with one time charecters.
Pidgeot I think is in a forest near Pallet Town.

Flying Tropius
23rd October 2005, 9:35 PM
It would be nice to see Pigeot vs. Shedinja

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
23rd October 2005, 9:55 PM
Against Azami,I think Satoshi should use Tauros,it needs to come back <_<

Flying Tropius
23rd October 2005, 9:57 PM
Against Azami,I think Satoshi should use Tauros,it needs to come back <_<
Which one? there's 30 of 'em!

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
23rd October 2005, 10:04 PM
Oh.

Then..

Any,as long as Tauros comes back.

CyberCubed
23rd October 2005, 10:12 PM
Which one? there's 30 of 'em!

The one he always uses, it's the same Tauros we're led to believe, which is why one Tauros is much closer with Ash than all the others.

Flying Tropius
23rd October 2005, 10:21 PM
the one he used in orange league? yeah but how can he tell? they all look the same!

Gravy
23rd October 2005, 11:45 PM
It would be amusing to see what would happen if he got sent the wrong Tauros. Maybe the ******* of the herd, or perhaps the runt? Or even a psychotic one that charges around like a bull in a china shop. Heh....

Factory Head Noland
23rd October 2005, 11:47 PM
Hopefully Bayleef, Heracross, Cyndaquil, Noctowl and Totodile.

I'm glad Phanpy's back and Snorlax is making an appearance.

JazzJazz
24th October 2005, 12:00 AM
The one he always uses, it's the same Tauros we're led to believe, which is why one Tauros is much closer with Ash than all the others.

When has it been shown that one tauros in the herd is closer to Ash than they others?

CyberCubed
24th October 2005, 12:19 AM
^ When Ash called Oak, there were all his reserves in the backround smiling at Ash. Only one Tauros was there, and it smiled when Ash chose Tauros over the others to use in a league battle.

A Tauros wouldn't run up to the telephone screen to greet Ash if it was just like all the others. Clearly one of them seems to like him more than the others, which is why I assume he uses the same one each time. The others just run around in the fields.

JazzJazz
24th October 2005, 12:50 AM
A Tauros wouldn't run up to the telephone screen to greet Ash if it was just like all the others. Clearly one of them seems to like him more than the others, which is why I assume he uses the same one each time. The others just run around in the fields.

Perhaps Oak thought it was a miltank and was trying to get some milk for his cereal when Ash called? Seriously though, I see your point... though it would be nice if there was a feature on the "special" tauros to make it stand out from the others.

Squirtle_007
24th October 2005, 4:24 AM
Well ... there´s just five Battle Frontier sites remain, I don´t know the order of the remaining sites, I think they´ll gonna have new attacks and I believe that the chosen Pokémon will be:

SQUIRTLE: The Hydro Pumping Water-type Pokémon that can interact with Haruka´s baby Squirtle and teach it a couple of tricks, I think it´s gonna know Water Pulse
BULBASAUR: A powerful Pokémon with technical Grass-type attacks, I think it´s gonna know Petal Dance
HERACROSS: The only Bug-type in Satoshi´s arsenal and a very enduring Pokémon, I think it´s gonna know Endure
BAYLEEF: A powerful Pokémon and very loyal to Satoshi, I think it´s gonna know Sweet Scent
KINGLER: The Water-type powerhouse, it can make a very good couple with Corphish in a Double Battle

Gravy
24th October 2005, 4:32 AM
HERACROSS: The only Bug-type in Satoshi&#180;s arsenal and a very enduring Pok&#233;mon, I think it&#180;s gonna know Endure

BAYLEEF: A powerful Pok&#233;mon and very loyal to Satoshi, I think it&#180;s gonna know Sweet Scent
Both of those pok&#233;mon already know those moves~

Squirtle_007
24th October 2005, 4:50 AM
That&#180;s the disadvantage of watching Pok&#233;mon in spanish ... are you sure?, well, I don&#180;t know about Heracross, but ... wasn&#180;t Nanako&#180;s Chikorita the one who knows Sweet Scent?

Heracross
24th October 2005, 4:58 AM
Heracross used endure in episode 122 against Hiiragi's Donphan.

Squirtle_007
24th October 2005, 5:03 AM
D&#180;oh ... my memory is really bad ... thanks for the correction ... well ... in that case ... I think Heracross is gonna know ... well ... I don&#180;t know ... Earthquake?

Meganium
24th October 2005, 5:14 AM
Bayleef
Heracross
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Muk
Glalie

I think Squirtle will make an appearance, but with the Squirtle Squad in a later episode. As for Tauros and Kingler, they seem to be a forgotten breed. Pidgeot, Primeape and Butterfree I'm about 99.9% sure aren't going to show, but I thought James would never leave Chimeco.

Infinite Master Sceptile
24th October 2005, 10:36 AM
Muk, Muk, and Muk. Oh, and Muk. I love Muk, and the writers deserve nothing less than death if the purple blob doesn't get any glory.
Also Heracross. One of Ash's SHAFTED! Pokemon, despite its power.
Kingler. Double battle with Corphish as partner would be perfection itself. And of course Corphish would promptly evolve.
No others need to be brought back.
I think it's possible you guys are seeing way too much into it. His team Pokemon need glory, too. Three of them could evolve. Two of those evolutions are almost a certainty. The third, unfortunately, is really iffy. But anyway, if Grovyle and Phanpy (And Maybe Corphish) are going to evolve, they'll have to participate in some serious battles. They could just have Phanpy evolve randomly, but it seems that Grovyle's evolution will be very dramatic. At least, that's what logic dictates. But those shipheads writing the show aren't very logical at all.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
1st November 2005, 5:28 PM
i hope butterfree comes bak so he could use it in the battle frontier and bring bak bayleef and the others to battle and meet other pokemon

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
1st November 2005, 5:44 PM
well thanks to manga scans we know that Ash will most probably use Swellow and corphish in the Dome...

Muk and Heracross need to pwn something.... bring them in Ash!

DKzM0mA
2nd November 2005, 1:22 AM
Not that I'm complaining about snorlax making an apperance, but I think it 've been better if pidgoet came back with Ash when he was facing Greta.

Did, Butterfree die? In the japanese version, didn't Brock say something about buterfree dying after mating? I could be wrong.

Heracross
2nd November 2005, 1:26 AM
Did, Butterfree die? In the japanese version, didn't Brock say something about buterfree dying after mating? I could be wrong.
No. That was only a rumor. According to Murgatroyd, there was no such line in the original version.

josh09
2nd November 2005, 5:03 AM
mabye just mabye hell bring old skool pigeot

Lovely May
2nd November 2005, 6:40 AM
Maybe he will use only two or three pokemon from his old teams. I don't see Totodile, Cyndaquil or Bulbasaur because Leaders are much stronger, so Ash needs pokemon with bigger power. Cyndaquil or Totodile are pretty strong but they won't win against something what is 10 x bigger.
I see Muk, Lapras or maybe even Tauros. Ash may use Snorlax or Charizard again. His current team isn't bad too.

jolteonjak
2nd November 2005, 4:34 PM
I'm all over Muk making a triumphant return to battling! Muk is teh awesome! <3

I can see Heracross, Bulbasaur, and Tauros coming back too. I'd love to see Cyndaquil coming back and kicking some major butt like old times.

I love Ash's Squirtle like anyone else, but I just can't see how they can write it in (yet they found a way in Silver Conference). "omg hi Ash! We just happen to be in the general vicinity of your latest Battle Frontier match. Want to use your Squirtle?"

I don't know Glalie yet, but I would like to see it make another appearance. Seeing as how it just killed everything in the Hoenn league, I don't think so.

blackice2
2nd November 2005, 4:42 PM
i say he should bring his best in

snorlax
harecross
tauros
pikachu
charizard or muk
grovyle

but thats just my opinion

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd November 2005, 5:32 PM
Looks like the trend's been broken. A comic shows Ash using Corphish and Swellow

Mewbaby_Mew2
3rd November 2005, 6:14 PM
Charizard!

Infinite Master Sceptile
3rd November 2005, 7:52 PM
Charizard!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahhh..........
Dude, Charizard got to battle a flippin' Articuno. Charizard should not have come back. And will not return, I think.

Mewbaby_Mew2
3rd November 2005, 8:12 PM
But he's so cute and lovable! lol... fine! Pigeot... he hardly got any screen time.

FigmentJedi
4th November 2005, 2:59 AM
Pidgeot, Tauros, Heracross and Squirtle I would love to see return

JazzJazz
4th November 2005, 4:23 AM
Charizard should not have come back. And will not return, I think.

Actually, charizard seems to be one of the few pokemon that Ash has had that the writers don't mind bringing back every once in a while... I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets another appearance.

DEMONCAMERUPT
10th November 2005, 10:28 PM
you know from what i've heard Torkaol sucked in the league becuase the writers had it suck so bf would be a good chance for the writers and Torkoal to reden theselves that's i have to say well except for this- BRING BACK THE MUK.

Gaiash
12th November 2005, 2:19 AM
Bulbasaur is most likley. Perhaps he could be in a double battle alongside Corphish

Crash CSIQ
12th November 2005, 4:32 AM
it would be awesome if the larvitar he took to mt silver would come back as a pupitar and fight for him.

actually i want

Crash CSIQ
12th November 2005, 4:42 PM
sorry about thye half post somethiong happened

what i want is one of the pokemon ash released or is never sposed to see again come back

it probably wont happen but it would be cool

Gaiash
12th November 2005, 4:58 PM
the only released Pokemon that have a large chance of return are those he left with other trainers (except Beedrill)

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 8:42 PM
Well I would have to say Bayleef. I Loved Bayleef it was so awesome and it and Ash worked good together.

Diamond and Pearl

DEMONCAMERUPT
13th November 2005, 4:57 AM
Well I would have to say Bayleef. I Loved Bayleef it was so awesome and it and Ash worked good together.

Diamond and Pearl

Bayleef would be good matbe it will have a new attack and i mean maybe as i ain't holding my breath.

Judai Yuki
13th November 2005, 5:24 AM
lavitar is in johto lol i dont think he'll be usin any johto pokemon i want pidigeot because it was only in 1 episode

Magi of all
13th November 2005, 5:57 AM
Pidgeot could be dead for all we know. Pidgeotto only had the job of blowing away somke screens and totally own in Viridian Gym. It got no league time and evolved and left right afterward.

IT'S NOT COMEING BACK. GET OVER IT!!!!!

Same with his other released pokemon. Primape could by anywhere on the frekin planet for all we know. God hates Haunter, so its never coming back. Larvitar only served the purpous of making it and Tyranitar appear in the series. Butterfree may aswell have died in Japan for all it ever did.

Kingler, Muk and Tauros are pretty much the only possibilities left other than a return of Torkoal (who will procede to do nothing like normal) or a new capture.

Heracross's existance make Jesus cry so the writers won't use him
(I like Heracross, but he probably won't show up so I said that to go along with what I said about Haunter)

DEMONCAMERUPT
13th November 2005, 8:07 AM
Pidgeot could be dead for all we know. Pidgeotto only had the job of blowing away somke screens and totally own in Viridian Gym. It got no league time and evolved and left right afterward.

IT'S NOT COMEING BACK. GET OVER IT!!!!!

Same with his other released pokemon. Primape could by anywhere on the frekin planet for all we know. God hates Haunter, so its never coming back. Larvitar only served the purpous of making it and Tyranitar appear in the series. Butterfree may aswell have died in Japan for all it ever did.

Kingler, Muk and Tauros are pretty much the only possibilities left other than a return of Torkoal (who will procede to do nothing like normal) or a new capture.

Heracross's existance make Jesus cry so the writers won't use him
(I like Heracross, but he probably won't show up so I said that to go along with what I said about Haunter)

well lets see Huanter was never officially captured and same with lavitar. did you forget our ice buddy Glalie, people have forgooten that when Ash went for the Cascade Badge he used Pidgeotto. I'm surprised you didn't say that we'd never see Lapras again. Oh and what about the likes of Cydiqual, Totodile, Bayleef and Noctowl plus you've seemed to have forgotten that Ash has not one but 30 Tauros.

So I say anything goes as we could say what ones we think are going to come help during the Battle Front. but then the writers might decide to do something else.

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 5:23 PM
well lets see Huanter was never officially captured and same with lavitar. did you forget our ice buddy Glalie, people have forgooten that when Ash went for the Cascade Badge he used Pidgeotto. I'm surprised you didn't say that we'd never see Lapras again. Oh and what about the likes of Cydiqual, Totodile, Bayleef and Noctowl plus you've seemed to have forgotten that Ash has not one but 30 Tauros.

So I say anything goes as we could say what ones we think are going to come help during the Battle Front. but then the writers might decide to do something else.

I agree, he could bring any pokemon back I mean Charizard could be considered a 'released' pokemon because he's not in a poke' ball or at Oaks Lab and he came back...so really any of Ash's pokemon could come back.....

Diamond and Pearl

♥Princess Ketchum♥
13th November 2005, 5:26 PM
i want to see bayleef bak on his team again cause she misses ash so much

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 5:42 PM
i want to see bayleef bak on his team again cause she misses ash so much

Like I said before they were a very good team and Bayleef really loved him so I would really like to see it come back too......

Diamond and Pearl

Dr. Sun
14th November 2005, 4:19 AM
[QUOTE=Magi of all]Pidgeot could be dead for all we know. Pidgeotto only had the job of blowing away somke screens and totally own in Viridian Gym. It got no league time and evolved and left right afterward. QUOTE]

Hey, we don't know that Pidgeotto didn't get any league time. We didn't see the full matches on the Rock or Ice fields, so Pidgeotto could have taken out an Alakazam by blowing grit in its eyes so it couldn't use Psychic, or beaten a Nidoking with Agility so the big lug couldn't hit it, let's say.

Anyway, I really hope they bring back Muk. I have a fondness for Poison pokemon ever since they got screwed by both the anime writers and game designers (strong against only ONE flipping type?), and Muk's win/loss column is the least impressive for any of Ash's pokemon-one win against a Bellsprout that couldn't even harm it, beaten up by Gary's Blastoise, taken out by Gary's Scizor, and put to sleep by James's Victreebell, one of the weakest pokemon on the whole show.

Something tells me, though, that the writers don't like Muk very much, so chances are it won't be used. A pity.

DSRGBA
14th November 2005, 9:32 AM
bulba and squirtle double battle

Zodiac The Vampire
14th November 2005, 3:53 PM
I would like to see... Muk, Kingler, Cyndaquil (I think he's going to evolve), and Bayleef. Or perhaps Bulba/Grovyle Double Battle? I like.

DSRGBA
14th November 2005, 4:13 PM
or a bayleef/grovyle double battle

Gaiash
14th November 2005, 9:31 PM
I would like to see... Muk, Kingler, Cyndaquil (I think he's going to evolve), and Bayleef. Or perhaps Bulba/Grovyle Double Battle? I like.
Cyndaquil doesn't need to evolve.

The Big Al
14th November 2005, 9:48 PM
Actually, the Johto starters could some more meat on their bones. Bayleef is great but Quilava and Corcanaw would make an excellent addition. (The evolve all of the Hoenn starters). Besides, they've gotten the shaft compared to the others.

ChaosMage
14th November 2005, 10:51 PM

You, like Cyndaquil, need to open your eyes, mate. It doesn't NEED to evolve, like some do, but if you can tell me he wouldn't benefit from it, then I'll eat me 'at! Cyndaquil is strong, but stronger is GOOD. Pokemon is about getting STRONGER in every possible aspect. And if some glowing stuff and a new name will allow you to become STRONGER (key word of the day, that!), then bugger me, it should happen to every pokemon possible.

A Pokemon Skipping Evolution is Like a Child Skipping Puberty, as I often say.

CyberCubed
14th November 2005, 10:57 PM
His Johto team should have evolved. I guess it was just the crappy writing of Johto, leaving Ash with all "cutesy" first forms.

The only evolutions I'm against is his Bulbasaur and Squirtle, simply because they're powerhouses and I love their personalities.

As for his Johto team? Meh, evolve them and make them useful. Totodile is his weakest water type, Corphish/Squirtle/Kingler blow it out of the water. At least if they evolved it it would serve some purpose.

The writers really missed the boat with his Johto team, but again that was due to the crappy writing that region, so hopefully they can fix past mistakes with the current Frontier season. Although...I don't know if Ash will even use them again this season. Phanpy is pretty much guarenteed to evolve before this region is over, I'd place a bet on it.

Gravy
15th November 2005, 12:59 AM
Cyndaquil should have evolved years ago, because they had the perfect set-up for it to go all the way to its final form.
Cyndaquil was a pretty useless pok&#233;mon at first, with no confidence whatsoever. It would have awesome to see Ash lumbered with that wee fire pok&#233;mon that couldn't even get its flame started and watch it grow and become gradually stronger, learning new techniques and adjusting to its new body, similar to how they handled Bayleef in that one episode.

After it took down Steelix...that would have been the perfect chance for it to evolve, Quilava style.
Personally, I don't think it would be right for it to evolve now. I really don't think it would have any real meaning and would feel like a pretty empty achievement.

They have Phanpy on the team now so they've got a second shot at it, and I hope they take aim and strike a bullseye.

DEMONCAMERUPT
15th November 2005, 4:49 AM
Cyndaquil should have evolved years ago, because they had the perfect set-up for it to go all the way to its final form.
Cyndaquil was a pretty useless pokémon at first, with no confidence whatsoever. It would have awesome to see Ash lumbered with that wee fire pokémon that couldn't even get its flame started and watch it grow and become gradually stronger, learning new techniques and adjusting to its new body, similar to how they handled Bayleef in that one episode.

After it took down Steelix...that would have been the perfect chance for it to evolve, Quilava style.
Personally, I don't think it would be right for it to evolve now. I really don't think it would have any real meaning and would feel like a pretty empty achievement.

They have Phanpy on the team now so they've got a second shot at it, and I hope they take aim and strike a bullseye.

true but Its Totodile thta should have evolved all the way to final formas Ash with a Feraligator would be kick *****

Thriller
15th November 2005, 2:55 PM

To you who DOES need to evolve?

JazzJazz
15th November 2005, 7:16 PM
To you who DOES need to evolve?

I don't think any pokemon ever needs to evolve... the writers could have a pokemon accomplish anything in its current form if they so desired.

Light-Dragon_Ryu
18th November 2005, 12:35 AM
Hmm. I would assume only his old Knato Pokemon would return. *makes a list of them* The ones I have highlighted I hope return this saga:

Butterfree
Primeape
Kingler
Pidgeot
Lapras
Squrtle
Tauros
Muk
Bulbasaur (who should mate with May's Bulbasaur! Pretty please!?)

I thought butterfree died after they mated...
anyway, I'd like to see Okorizaru, Pigeot, and Betbeton return. Haruka already has a Zenigame and maybe if Satoshi's was to return it might be evolved.

Lil Brother
18th November 2005, 12:42 AM
anyway, I'd like to see Okorizaru, Pigeot, and Betbeton return. Haruka already has a Zenigame and maybe if Satoshi's was to return it might be evolved.Ugh, damn it! That Butterfree rumor will never die!

And Ash's Squirtle evolution is just as likely as Charizard's. May's, however, could.

Thibideau
18th November 2005, 12:47 AM
I would love to see Pidgeot return. He was dumb to give it up in the first place. I also think Totodile/Kingler and Heracross/Primeape would be good bets. Since May has both Squirtle and Bulbasaur I doubt they would use those two.

JazzJazz
18th November 2005, 1:23 AM
I would love to see Pidgeot return. He was dumb to give it up in the first place.

He only did it so that it could protect all of the pidgey from fearow and its spearow cronies... that's thoughtful, not dumb.

CyberCubed
18th November 2005, 2:07 AM
Yes, but Ash is dumb for not at least checking up on his Pidgeot again like he promised to do after the countless times he returned to Kanto.

He could have checked on Pidgeot after the Orange Islands ended, he didn't.

He could have checked on Pidgeot after Johto ended, he didn't.

He could have checked on Pidgeot after Hoenn ended, he didn't.

And to make matters worse, Ash is even traveling IN Kanto this time for goodness sakes and he STILL won't go and check on his Pidgeot.

I'm sure by now, at least 2 or so years since Ash left it, that some of the other Pidgeotto evolved to protect their flock or the Fearow/Spearow don't bother them anymore.

It's just sad the way the writers keep screwing around Pidgeot. Sure he has Swellow now, but Pidgeot was darling. And Pidgeot would probably be just as strong or even better than Swellow if he actually used it in battle.

CyberCubed
18th November 2005, 2:10 AM
I would love to see Pidgeot return. He was dumb to give it up in the first place. I also think Totodile/Kingler and Heracross/Primeape would be good bets. Since May has both Squirtle and Bulbasaur I doubt they would use those two.

Um, why not? Just because May has Bulbasaur and Squirtle doesn't mean Ash can't use his own.

Besides, they have different enough personalities to not be repeats of each other. I mean, unless Ash and May's Bulbasaur decide to mate with each other back at Oaks and are too cozy making love, at least Ash could bring his Squirtle back to give a few pointers to May's Squirtle.

wagy D wag
18th November 2005, 2:20 AM
Butterfree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JazzJazz
18th November 2005, 3:33 AM
Yes, but Ash is dumb for not at least checking up on his Pidgeot again like he promised to do after the countless times he returned to Kanto.

Ash isn't dumb, the writers might be, but not Ash...

*Surprised to see you double-post CyberCubed.*

Light-Dragon_Ryu
18th November 2005, 4:39 AM

I would love Waninoko to return!! (Die Heigani!!!)
and since Satoshi has no Fire and Fighting maybe Hinoarashi(hopefully evolving into Magumarashi) and Herakurosu will return!

Waninoko must never evolve!

DEMONCAMERUPT
18th November 2005, 7:35 AM
and since Satoshi has no Fire and Fighting maybe Hinoarashi(hopefully evolving into Magumarashi) and Herakurosu will return!

and why must Waninoko never evolve Edward Elric?

DSRGBA
18th November 2005, 11:14 AM

whats the hells a Satoshi Waninoko Herakurosu Magumarashi Hinoarashi

Gaiash
18th November 2005, 12:00 PM
anyway, I'd like to see Okorizaru, Pigeot, and Betbeton return. Haruka already has a Zenigame and maybe if Satoshi's was to return it might be evolved.
nah thats Butterflys. Butterfree very well might be alive and well and if not, Butterfrees son!

whats the hells a Satoshi Waninoko Herakurosu Magumarashi Hinoarashi
Satoshi is Ash. Alot of people use the Japanese names. Basicly the japanese names for

Ash, Totodile, Heracross, and Cyndaquil

Infinite Master Sceptile
18th November 2005, 6:21 PM
I think it's absurd to expect Butterfree to return. Anyway, it wasn't all that great a battler.
I think Heracross and Bayleef may make appearances, but I wouldn't place bets on any others (except possibly Tauros).

JazzJazz
18th November 2005, 9:12 PM
and why must Waninoko never evolve Edward Elric?

I guess Edward_Elric1127 worries that totodile might lose its unique character (which I like as well) if it were to evolve... but I think the writers would find a way to handle it.

Light-Dragon_Ryu
19th November 2005, 12:16 AM
I guess Edward_Elric1127 worries that totodile might lose its unique character (which I like as well) if it were to evolve... but I think the writers would find a way to handle it.

Exactly! Waninoko was one of my favorite of Satoshi's pokemon(I love the dance) I can't see Arigeitsu dancing.

DEMONCAMERUPT
19th November 2005, 4:05 AM
Exactly! Waninoko was one of my favorite of Satoshi's pokemon(I love the dance) I can't see Arigeitsu dancing.

Really I can see a three stages dacing like silly in very comical ways who knows the writers may actually keep Totodile's happy go lucky dancing style after they evovle it to Croconaw and maybe even (If they let it get this far) Feraligator.

Crash CSIQ
20th November 2005, 5:27 PM
the only released Pokemon that have a large chance of return are those he left with other trainers (except Beedrill)

Its an anime anything can happen. Do you see people in real life hoo drop their mouth to the ground. Or see people who are actually phycic

Shin Ura Yuuki
20th November 2005, 7:42 PM
I think it's absurd to expect Butterfree to return. Anyway, it wasn't all that great a battler.
I think Heracross and Bayleef may make appearances, but I wouldn't place bets on any others (except possibly Tauros).

I don't think that's entirely fair to Butterfree. It only got to hang around for about 20 episodes, and the writers didn't even take advantage of the fact that Butterfree could learn Psychic attacks like the manga did. I'm sure if Butterfree got to stick around for a while longer, he could've been one of Ash's most powerful Pokémon.

Magi of all
26th November 2005, 7:32 AM
I don't think that's entirely fair to Butterfree. It only got to hang around for about 20 episodes, and the writers didn't even take advantage of the fact that Butterfree could learn Psychic attacks like the manga did. I'm sure if Butterfree got to stick around for a while longer, he could've been one of Ash's most powerful Pokémon.

Yeah, it could have been great, but we all have to face facts.

GOD HATES COOL POKEMON.

Anything with the potential to make Ash a power house (Pidgeot, Primape, Butterfree(not so much), Glalie, Torkaol, and anything form Jhoto other than Phanpy, and the Laritar and Haunter he never really owned) has to be gotten rid of imediately.

Along the same lines, if May could get any pokemon that is not cute or marketable, she must not get it. Brocks law just says that he can't have any useful or interesting pokemon what so ever. Max has no law, hes just annoying.

Where was I going with this...? Oh yeah. Basically, Ash has to be the good kid in every ocasion and release pokemon when by all logic he should keep them. It always happens.

(I am fully aware as to WHY he releases the pokemon, I'm just saying it makes very little sense, but then again what else does)

DEMONCAMERUPT
26th November 2005, 8:42 AM
Ash must use as many of his Tauros as possible its not fair to the others if the leader of the herd gets to do all the battling for Ash of course thts just my opinion.

Leviathron
26th November 2005, 8:59 AM
I'd love to see Ash's butterfree with his wife and tykes!!!

ChaosMage
26th November 2005, 10:30 AM
Yeah, it could have been great, but we all have to face facts.

GOD HATES COOL POKEMON.

And Grovyle, Swellow, Combusken and Corphish aren't cool?

Anything with the potential to make Ash a power house (Pidgeot, Primape, Butterfree(not so much), Glalie, Torkaol, and anything form Jhoto other than Phanpy, and the Laritar and Haunter he never really owned) has to be gotten rid of imediately.

Immediately? Pidgeot, Primeape and Butterfree were caught/evolved as experiments for Ash or release excuses, as his first difficult pokemon and his first evolved pokemon were used sucessfully by Ash, proving his early talent. But we can't have uncute pokemon for very long now, can we?
However, you can't say that Cyndaquil, Totodile and Bayleef were dumped immediately, they had a good two years (and the rest). Sure, Noctowl and Heracross got shafted, and I won't argue there. Same with Torkoal, really. He got screentime, and the writers loved including him. He just hardly ever won anything.

Along the same lines, if May could get any pokemon that is not cute or marketable, she must not get it. Brocks law just says that he can't have any useful or interesting pokemon what so ever. Max has no law, hes just annoying.

Combusken's marketable? If they were going for that it would have evolved into Blaziken in no time. And Ludicolo was interesting, but simply underappreciated.

Where was I going with this...? Oh yeah. Basically, Ash has to be the good kid in every ocasion and release pokemon when by all logic he should keep them. It always happens.

When was Ash's last full release? Lapras, wasn't it? All others released since then are still callable.

(I am fully aware as to WHY he releases the pokemon, I'm just saying it makes very little sense, but then again what else does)

People moan about releases NOW, when there hasn't been one in 5 seasons? Why not moan about repetitive animation, or Meowth not keeping Giovanni's pokemon?

DEMONCAMERUPT
30th November 2005, 9:25 AM
People moan about releases NOW, when there hasn't been one in 5 seasons? Why not moan about repetitive animation, or Meowth not keeping Giovanni's pokemon?

Meowth could not keep Giovanni's pokemon as technically he is one of Giovanni's pokemon just no longer top cat because of a certain Persian.

CyberCubed
30th November 2005, 4:15 PM

Agreed. I don't know why people are complaining that Ash releases his Pokemon when that hasn't happened in over 6 seasons. The last Pokemon he released was Lapras in the Orange Islands. (I'm not counting the Beedrill since he only caught it for a contest, and the writers don't count Beedrill either, as it wasn't in Glory Days)

People acting like Ash releases his Pokemon every chance he gets needs a wake up call. He hasn't released a Pokemon since Season 2, and we're now in Season 9.

People should complain about Brock leaving all his Pokemon with his family instead, poor Ludicolo barely got any screentime.

ChaosMage
1st December 2005, 9:15 PM
Lucy's Seviper will fall to the mighty Donphan! I still can't believe it evolved!

DEMONCAMERUPT
1st December 2005, 11:27 PM
Lucy's Seviper will fall to the mighty Donphan! I still can't believe it evolved!

What are you talking about?

Momoko Lover
2nd December 2005, 12:24 AM
He means thatPhanpy evolved.

onix lord
3rd December 2005, 8:13 PM
I hope that its-
Battle Pike: Muk/ Uses Donphan mainly
Battle Pyramid: Cyndaquil (he'll need a light, right?)
Battle Tower: Squirtle

crawdauntpro
3rd December 2005, 8:15 PM
I hope that its-
Battle Pike: Muk/ Uses Donphan mainly
Battle Pyramid: Cyndaquil (he'll need a light, right?)
Battle Tower: Squirtle

I whole-heartedley agree!

Gaiash
3rd December 2005, 8:28 PM
I'm kinda hoping Bulbasaur and Donphan team up next Frontier match. Why? Dunno, maybe its because of the Bulbasaur vs Donphan battle in the first movie

The Big Al
3rd December 2005, 8:31 PM
Donphan is almost a given. I'd also like to see Grovyle get some action in the next battle.

Gravy
3rd December 2005, 9:34 PM
I think a Grovyle vs. Seviper tussle would be pretty awesome. Nostalgia for 'A Tail with a Twist' and all that.
Although I'd be far from dissapointed if it came down to Donphan and Seviper.
Hell, his whole team is awesome now, I wouldn't be dissapointed by the match-ups either way!

Magi of all
4th December 2005, 7:35 AM
And Grovyle, Swellow, Combusken and Corphish aren't cool?

Really, I just wanted to say that, although I do not find Swellow all that cool. Also, Combusken is kind of ugly. But I digress, there are many cool pokemon out there

Immediately? Pidgeot, Primeape and Butterfree were caught/evolved as experiments for Ash or release excuses, as his first difficult pokemon and his first evolved pokemon were used sucessfully by Ash, proving his early talent. But we can't have uncute pokemon for very long now, can we?
However, you can't say that Cyndaquil, Totodile and Bayleef were dumped immediately, they had a good two years (and the rest). Sure, Noctowl and Heracross got shafted, and I won't argue there. Same with Torkoal, really. He got screentime, and the writers loved including him. He just hardly ever won anything.

Pidegeot was very much shafted. It got three Gym battles. one against Geodude, one against Starmie and one against Rhydon in Viridian. It lost to Geodude, and beat Starmie and Rhydon. It then got no league time, evolved and was left behind. Primape got three fights in the P-1 and then was removed, much to my dismay. Butterfree was fine though.

Firstly, I, like most of the forum, hardly see the two years we spent trufgeing through filler after filler in Jhoto good, but thats not what this is about. Cyndaquil did have a fairly good run, but in the end got pushed slightly aside by Bayleef. Speaking of, it also got good time, but really only got good halfway through the saga when it evolved. It was still interesting before though. Lastly we have Totodile. He was pretty useless and got shafted pretty badly. He got one Gym battle where he did very little and them proceded to spend the next year or so launching water gun after water gun at random filler targets.

Combusken's marketable? If they were going for that it would have evolved into Blaziken in no time. And Ludicolo was interesting, but simply underappreciated.

For every rule there is an exception. Plus I wrote this at like 2 in the morning, so I was not thinking that clearly. My mistake.

When was Ash's last full release? Lapras, wasn't it? All others released since then are still callable.

Again, a sleepy mistake. I used release in a broad sense of the word. Anything that is no longer under his direct control or at the official storage center(Oak's) I call released.

Largely, I do see what you are saying, But I still think the anime is bland with all of the really fun or interesting pokemon being shafted every other second

ChaosMage
4th December 2005, 1:24 PM
OK, here goes!

Pidgeotto, Pimeape, Charmeleon/Charizard and Butterfree were never intended to be marketable, popular pokemon in the writer's eyes. They just thought that they'd show Ash as having at least SOME early talent by giving him a couple of evolved pokemon, and having him struggle to control them. Ash raised Caterpie to evolve into a powerful pokemon, as he did with Charmander. Once they had evolved, however, the writers of the Kanto episodes couldn't market them very easily, and made Ash get rid of them. They saw that Charizard was very popular, so they put it in the gang and decided to make Ash look like a complete n00b by having him lose control of the big lug.
Primeape was just a little extra that the writers threw in, to show that Ash was capable of controling a difficult, fully grown pokemon. They just didn't want it in their maketing scheme once they had made their point.

We all loved Primeape, Butterfree and Pidgeot. But they were just experiments and bonuses to show that Ash could potentially control pokemon over 3 feet tall. They even had to make it so that Charizard could stay marketable and popular without giving Ash any of the glory. This is also why they simply won't return, they were never part of their great scheme of marketing the wee little critters, they were just there as a temporary showcase of Ash's potential.

It wasn't until Ash caught Snorlax and Charizard started to obey that the writers gained any respect for Ash. This is why I take as little as possible of Kanto into account when referring to the current series. It just doesn't fit in with the rest of the series anymore, because the dynamics have completely changed. Ash can handle the big, powerful pokemon now, and win his badges properly, so they give the big'uns to him and he doesn't have as many difficulties. Celebrate it, it's a good thing!

That is exactly why evolution now actually happens, because the writers have changed their opiniopns on it. And that is why it should contiunue! I will not fully respect the writers until Grovyle, Corphish and Combusken have evolved, and their trainers come out of their leagues victorious!

Cerberus
4th December 2005, 2:00 PM
Bayleef and perhaps Charizard, I also see some that he has sent back recently coming back so soon.

Geki
4th December 2005, 7:15 PM
I'd love to see Heracross return for a Fronteir Fight. Heracross has been underused since the beginning of Johto and it's an awesome Pokemon, possessing skills in both battling and loyalty.

ProtoManEXE88
4th December 2005, 7:17 PM
What about Kingler?

ChaosMage
4th December 2005, 8:08 PM
Well... I'll assume that the game teams are used by brains, and you can just pick 'n' mix from there;

Lucy-
Her Seviper is Donphan food
Milotic should be beaten by Grovyle
Shuckle- Kingler or Totodile
Gyarados- Pikachu would be logical, and it's been a while. It would be good practise for Volt Tackle
Steelix- The alternative for the Water type. They've been treating Steelix as if fire is all that works against it for too long- it's a ground type too!

Spenser-
Crobat- Swellow or Pikachu
Slaking- a good one for Heracross
Lapras- Pikachu

Anabel-
Alakazam- either Crawdaunt if it evolves by any chance, or any other tough pokemon
Snorlax- Dunno... any would do. Preferrably a shafted Oaky

Brandon- No clue

crawdauntpro
4th December 2005, 8:25 PM
Well... I'll assume that the game teams are used by brains, and you can just pick 'n' mix from there;

Lucy-
Her Seviper is Donphan food
Milotic should be beaten by Grovyle
Shuckle- Kingler or Totodile
Gyarados- Pikachu would be logical, and it's been a while. It would be good practise for Volt Tackle
Steelix- The alternative for the Water type. They've been treating Steelix as if fire is all that works against it for too long- it's a ground type too!

Spenser-
Crobat- Swellow or Pikachu-Noctowl
Slaking- a good one for Heracross
Lapras- Pikachu

Anabel-
Alakazam- either Crawdaunt if it evolves by any chance, or any other tough pokemon
Snorlax- Dunno... any would do. Preferrably a shafted Oaky-Primeape?
Brandon- No clue

I think the emboldened changes would be quite good for Ashy-boy.

ChaosMage
4th December 2005, 8:33 PM
Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Haunter and Larvitar will NEVER EVER return. How many of Ash's pokemon have left completely and then returned? Lapras, and that was the most recent departure. It won't happen. Sorry.

crawdauntpro
4th December 2005, 8:53 PM
Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Haunter and Larvitar will NEVER EVER return. How many of Ash's pokemon have left completely and then returned? Lapras, and that was the most recent departure. It won't happen. Sorry.

Nobody knows for certain, the writers are capable of anything.

ChaosMage
4th December 2005, 11:32 PM
Nobody knows for certain, the writers are capable of anything.

You could probably count all in-depth references to Kanto during AG on your fingers and toes.

~Flareon~
5th December 2005, 6:02 PM
Maybe Ash will use old & new pokemon in the Battle Frontier, here are the pokemon he was using against each battle facility(not sure yet):
Battle Arena: Grovyle, Snorlax
Battle Dome: Swellow, Corphish
Battle Pike: Donphan, Pikachu
Battle Palace: Heracross, Pikachu, Sceptile(If Grovyle evolves)
Battle Pyramid: Glalie, Torkoal, Charizard
Battle Tower: Crawdaunt(If Corphish evolves(Not quite sure), Heracross

JazzJazz
5th December 2005, 7:15 PM

As crawdauntpro said, never rule anything out. Sure, many of the pokemon Ash has released will never come back... but there's still a chance for anything to happen.

crawdauntpro
5th December 2005, 7:35 PM
As crawdauntpro said, never rule anything out. Sure, many of the pokemon Ash has released will never come back... but there's still a chance for anything to happen.

Thank you, I don't trust the writers as far as I could throw them in regards to the storyline and recurring Characters and Pokemon.

Infinite Master Sceptile
5th December 2005, 9:04 PM
Haunter and Larvitar were never Ash's.
And Butterfree has mated.
So only Lapras, Pidgeot, and Primeape have any chance of coming back, the most likely being Primeape.

Lupin
5th December 2005, 9:51 PM
Haunter and Larvitar were never Ash's.
And Butterfree has mated.
So only Lapras, Pidgeot, and Primeape have any chance of coming back, the most likely being Primeape.

If that, remember that we met that fighter pokemon trainer in mid Johto and he said that he was training for he P1 Grand Pre, and Ash made no refrence to his Primeape. Though Primeape does have the most likely chance of returning, I'm not placing any bets.

Meganium
6th December 2005, 2:58 AM
I see most of Ash's guys to make an appearance at least. Squirtle in my opnion is going to make a filler type entrance due to it actually being somewhere in Kanto. As for others I think it'll go something like this:

Battle Pike- I see a three on three or a one on one. Donphan I think is the most likely choice, I see it versus Seviper. Others to consider- Pikachu because it actually hasn't battled yet. Very weird. Torkoal/Cyndaquill, she may have Steelix. Also Totadile maybe to fight a Shuckle.

Battle Palace- PIKACHU. This facility is all about trust and Ash doesn't trust anyone more than this guy. I'm guessing a two on two. He uses Swellow/Grovyle and it looses so he puts all trust in Pika.

Battle Tower- I see the reappearance of Glalie here since its been so uber in the past. This feels like a Grovyle match as well. Also I can see Muk or Heracross returning for some tank power.

Battle Pyramid- I think Pikachu is definite as well as Grovyle. I do see another Charizard possibility, but think its glory was in the first Ep against Articuno. I also see Swellow or Donphan as the third.

Almighty Zard
6th December 2005, 4:33 AM
I see most of Ash's guys to make an appearance at least. Squirtle in my opnion is going to make a filler type entrance due to it actually being somewhere in Kanto. As for others I think it'll go something like this:

Personally i think Squirtle will be used in a later facility, not just a filler episode, after all there are some people (too many to mention) who would be mad if it doesn't.

Battle Pike- I see a three on three or a one on one. Donphan I think is the most likely choice, I see it versus Seviper. Others to consider- Pikachu because it actually hasn't battled yet. Very weird. Torkoal/Cyndaquill, she may have Steelix. Also Totadile maybe to fight a Shuckle.

I think Muk(poison match) will be used along with Donphan, and (assuming a three on three) probably Corphish, i don't see the jouto pokemon other than Donphan and posibly Heracross picking up much heat during this saga unless the writers decide to evolve both Grovyle and Corphish which would result in a trade for the three starters and Noctowl.

Battle Palace- PIKACHU. This facility is all about trust and Ash doesn't trust anyone more than this guy. I'm guessing a two on two. He uses Swellow/Grovyle and it looses so he puts all trust in Pika.

Remember the facilities do not go by the game standards so pikachu won't be heavily relied upon, heck it hasn't even faught in a facility yet.

Battle Tower- I see the reappearance of Glalie here since its been so uber in the past. This feels like a Grovyle match as well. Also I can see Muk or Heracross returning for some tank power.

If it's not a Sceptile by this point i hope Grovyle evolves during this match, Glalie or Heracross would be a good choice, and also Squirtle.

Battle Pyramid- I think Pikachu is definite as well as Grovyle. I do see another Charizard possibility, but think its glory was in the first Ep against Articuno. I also see Swellow or Donphan as the third.

Okay i have say Charizard has a very high possibility for coming back for this match for a couple of reasons.

1.this is probably going to be the toughest of the frontier leaders.
2.Brandon could either have the regi's or three really powerful pokemon which Ash's current line up will not be able to take down with out some back-up

Personally i hope Ash loses the first time and has to come back posibly after the Sevii Islands which he would get Charizard and have it learn Blast Burn return and win with it, Sceptile, and Snorlax.

DEMONCAMERUPT
6th December 2005, 10:08 AM
Personally i think Squirtle will be used in a later facility, not just a filler episode, after all there are some people (too many to mention) who would be mad if it doesn't.

I think Muk(poison match) will be used along with Donphan, and (assuming a three on three) probably Corphish, i don't see the jouto pokemon other than Donphan and posibly Heracross picking up much heat during this saga unless the writers decide to evolve both Grovyle and Corphish which would result in a trade for the three starters and Noctowl.

Remember the facilities do not go by the game standards so pikachu won't be heavily relied upon, heck it hasn't even faught in a facility yet.

If it's not a Sceptile by this point i hope Grovyle evolves during this match, Glalie or Heracross would be a good choice, and also Squirtle.

Okay i have say Charizard has a very high possibility for coming back for this match for a couple of reasons.

1.this is probably going to be the toughest of the frontier leaders.
2.Brandon could either have the regi's or three really powerful pokemon which Ash's current line up will not be able to take down with out some back-up

Personally i hope Ash loses the first time and has to come back posibly after the Sevii Islands which he would get Charizard and have it learn Blast Burn return and win with it, Sceptile, and Snorlax.

Pikachu will be used at one of the remaining facilities, and i wouldn't mind a poison type smack down between Seviper and Muk, and i would like to see Torkaol, a Tauros or two, Totodile and Cyndiqual all being used at different facilities. (Imagines a Tauros vs Stantler battle at the Battle Tower)

Crash CSIQ
9th December 2005, 4:09 PM
squitle was awesome eether him or bulbasaur should come back and they should evole in the middle of the battle . like they did with alot of other pokemon. (Charizard is all by himself as the only 3 stage poke mon fully evolved)

Edit:And cuz he should actually evolve someone from kanto.....it just makes him look weak..IF the game and show were alike then it would probly say that most his pookemon below level 18 or 16

hi 5
9th December 2005, 4:24 PM
I would like to see bulbasaur return and evolve.Mabye totadile might return too.

skarmachild
9th December 2005, 8:56 PM
Butterfree cannot come back - he's died (unless they DIDNT have babies).

But I really hope Pidgeot comes back.
Ash: "I'll come back for you sometime"

Im sure he should get Pidgeot back sometime....

JazzJazz
9th December 2005, 9:34 PM
But I really hope Pidgeot comes back.
Ash: "I'll come back for you sometime"

Im sure he should get Pidgeot back sometime....

Don't believe Ash he (or the writer the wrote the script) is a damn liar... chances are that pidgeot is all but forgotten by Ash (or, again, the writers).

DEMONCAMERUPT
10th December 2005, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=skarmachild]Butterfree cannot come back - he's died (unless they DIDNT have babies).QUOTE]

News flash Butterfree is still alive just forgotten by the idiot writers.
WE MUST MAKE THEM REMEBER ASH'S BUTTERFREE (and PIDGOET FOR THAT MATTER.)

Matt Silver
10th December 2005, 12:27 AM
If Brandon has all 3 regis. (Doubt it).
Ash will use: Charizard or Cyndaquil, Donphan, Totodile or Squirtle or Bayleef. SOmethign like that.

If Brandon has any old pokemon Ash will probably use those pokemon anyway...

For the Battle Pike im predicting a 3 on 3.
Ash: Donphan
Old pokemon from the past
Pikachu (Mayb)

Lucy: Seviper (Has to. If not, thats just sad...)
Another posion type.
A psychic type, a bug type or Shuckle.