PDA

View Full Version : Any Lorelei/Lance shippers out there?

mayukhers112
22nd October 2005, 4:06 AM
I seriously always thought these two would've made the best couple. Especially with the original, purplish-haired Lance. Any supporters? Lol...

twilightespeon
23rd October 2005, 12:54 AM
I like Lance with strong women. Lance/Lorelei isn't my absolute favorite, but I definately like it :3

articuno_trumps_all
23rd October 2005, 1:01 AM
I like Lance with strong women. Lance/Lorelei isn't my absolute favorite, but I definately like it :3
At least you see Lorelei as a strong woman :). I dislike the shippers who put her with Lance because they think she's a doormat :(

twilightespeon
23rd October 2005, 7:46 PM
At least you see Lorelei as a strong woman :). I dislike the shippers who put her with Lance because they think she's a doormat :(

Doormat!? >:| I hate when people do that to characters like her. She's an Elite Four member, that has to say SOMETHING about her strength. :3 plus, her Pokemon totally kicked my butt in LG a few times, so I have a lot of respect for her.

articuno_trumps_all
23rd October 2005, 8:05 PM
Doormat!? >:| I hate when people do that to characters like her. She's an Elite Four member, that has to say SOMETHING about her strength. :3 plus, her Pokemon totally kicked my butt in LG a few times, so I have a lot of respect for her.
I know they're all, "she's the first so she's the worst." WTF. Yeah, after her upgrade, she spanked me. hows about that for a role reversal X___X

twilightespeon
23rd October 2005, 8:38 PM
I know they're all, "she's the first so she's the worst." WTF. Yeah, after her upgrade, she spanked me. hows about that for a role reversal X___X

XD I love you, Arti.

And Yeah, I got my butt handed to me vacuum packed and nicely frozen.

:3 she and Lance would be so cute together XDXD Kicking butt and collecting stuffed animals on dates.

articuno_trumps_all
23rd October 2005, 8:52 PM
XD I love you, Arti.

And Yeah, I got my butt handed to me vacuum packed and nicely frozen.

:3 she and Lance would be so cute together XDXD Kicking butt and collecting stuffed animals on dates.
I guess I am warming up to Lance x Lorelei a LITTLE. XDXD, I am still convinced she wants to stuff Red (male) and put him next to her bed.

Rider
23rd October 2005, 9:02 PM
I find this an amusing pairing. It's a great idea! *lotz better than LancexAgatha* shudder. anyway, I like the idea, but in the anime, Lance somehow seems like, 10 years younger than Lorelei...???

Lady Barbara
24th October 2005, 1:44 AM
In the anime, Lance appears about 5 years younger than Lorelei, maybe less. I assume that they're both in their early to mid-30s. I love Lorelei as a character, and I paired her with Koga in a fanfic I wrote years ago. I could see them together easily.

Mimori Kiryu
24th October 2005, 1:51 AM
I love this shipping. If any of you have read xXSaberXx's story and read Chapter 24....they act very shippy like.

It's hilarious and made me a huge fan of it...lol

Kveran
25th October 2005, 3:14 AM
because they think she's a doormat

Lorelei? Doormat? One of these words just doesn't belong...

I know they're all, "she's the first so she's the worst."

She's the first, but she has to make the rest of the Elite earn their paychecks somehow. Sometimes she gets beaten- that's just the order of things- but sometimes she has to intentionally lose... I hate it when people use that line of logic to make Lorelei look like a wimp. General counter to that: Yeah, but what are Dragons weak to? And who leads the Elite? ...

Anyway, I'm a big Lance/Lorelei shipper. I've been shipping these two since before I knew that what I was doing was called shipping, and that what I was writing with the two of them was called fanfiction. Two strong characters, both a little egotistic and possessive, very highly Pokemon oriented (which translates into Pokemon over humans in Special; likely in other lines of canon they appreciate Pokemon over the majority of humans as well because of this line of thinking)... it's not always opposite that attracts. Honestly, these two are so default to me that I rarely stop to analyze why I tend to pair them.

articuno_trumps_all
25th October 2005, 3:41 AM
Lorelei? Doormat? One of these words just doesn't belong...

She's the first, but she has to make the rest of the Elite earn their paychecks somehow. Sometimes she gets beaten- that's just the order of things- but sometimes she has to intentionally lose... I hate it when people use that line of logic to make Lorelei look like a wimp. General counter to that: Yeah, but what are Dragons weak to? And who leads the Elite? ...
I know. What I hate is the people saying that's why she would end up with Lance: that she couldn't find anyone better because no one would have her. Sadly, that is the logic I have heard several times when people pair those two.

Kveran
26th October 2005, 2:46 AM
that she couldn't find anyone better because no one would have her.

My first instinct was to say "What the hell?!?" but on reflection I can understand why people would say this about her. One common nickname applied to her is Ice Queen. Implications: she's a cold, unemotional person. If you've read Ace Sanchez's Pokemon Master, the Lorelei that the reader first meets heading to Cinnabar Island is very much the image that comes into people's minds. Put into that context, I can see how people would think that "no one would have her" because she wouldn't have anyone who doesn't meet her standards. (Does Lance meet those standards? That's a different topic of discussion, and I think that if the standards that those people are envisioning are that Lorelei holds other people to the same bar of perfection that she holds to herself, the Special-verse Lance would qualify- but quite potentially not game-verse or anime-verse.)

Do I think these people are making accurate assumptions about Lorelei's character? No; I don't think they're giving her enough credit. We've got plenty of canonical proof that she can be emotional. But on the other hand, the Ice Queen side of her personality and the ruthlessness that she shows may very well convince people that she's heartless.

However, if you're going with that line of logic, I wouldn't say that "no one [else] would have her." I'd rephrase it as, "no one else met her criteria." Or "the others preferred someone with a less frightening 'dark side'." 'Cause deep-freezing someone that makes you angry is essentially homicide. And she was willing to do it.

articuno_trumps_all
27th October 2005, 2:28 AM
Lorelei could have ANY striaght guy or lesbian she wants. Besides, she's already had Red in her bedroom. XDXD. Lance would be LUCKY if she talked to him.

Angel-FoX-crescent
30th October 2005, 3:43 PM
Yeah! Lance/Lorelei are my absolute favorite Elite 4 couple.

~LoreleiLover~
18th March 2006, 3:48 AM
recondragon360@aol.comi always thought that they should be sure she may be tough but she acts that way because of the way ppl treat her. All any one ever notices is her chest.....nothing else.. hello theres more to it. I think lance could understand that..sooo kawaii if any wants to talk about it feel free to email me ;131;

Seijiro Mafuné
18th March 2006, 1:54 PM
Or "the others preferred someone with a less frightening 'dark side'."For some reason, I thought that was about Karen.

ash5550
18th March 2006, 4:33 PM
I'm a supporter. A definate supporter. I mean there perfect for eachother. Plus if Lance falls, he's got 'cushions' to land on. Lolz

Phantom_Bugsy
18th March 2006, 8:55 PM
I prefer Lorelei x Karen myself...>___>

I don't think so myself, but that's probably because I've seen too many people waxing lyrical about it. o___0; Anime-wise, Lorelei seems too...flirty, I think that's the word I'm looking for. Lance doesn't seem to be the kind to want someone like that.

I *CAN*, however, see it being one-sided on Lorelei's part. I can see where she would want someone like Lance, he's relatively good-looking, a strong person where both Pokemon and personality are concerned, and he cares a lot for Pokemon and people. But I can't see Lance liking her back. Maybe that's just the Neochampionshipper/Masqueradeshipper in me. o.o