PDA

View Full Version : Could the new opening be constantly updated?

CyberCubed
23rd October 2005, 12:18 AM
I'm not talking about filling in the Frontier Brains shadows with their pictures, but for the actual Pokemon.

Mudkip is shown in the opening and now he has Marshtompt pretty early on in the saga. I know they're never done this with an opening before, but anyone think it's possible for the opening to be updated with new Pokemon and replace the old ones?

I think after all the complaints about the spoilerific AG openings, that they made an opening that showed the gang with all the same Pokemon they had before it started (With the exception of Manene and possibly Manyula...if that indeed becomes a TR Pokemon).

Anyone seeing Mudkip's brief scene in the opening replaced with a Marshtompt? After all, this is the best way to avoid putting spoilers in an opening until an episode has aired. And we know the opening will be constantly updated to fill in the new Brains anyway, so it's not like they couldn't change another small image of the opening.

This also opens the floodgates for any other possible evolutions, as if they keep the song the same, it is already a bit outdated with Marshtompt now instead of Mudkip. Sort of gives the possibilities for more evolutions earlier than we expected. Especially if this saga lasts over 52 episodes or more, there will bound to be more "outdatedness" with more future evolutions or captures.

So anyone want to take a guess if this will be the first Pokemon intro that gets constantly updated? This will obviously be proved either right or wrong as soon as next Thursday's episode airs and we see either still a Mudkip or Marshtompt in the opening, but we have almost 4 days to think about it so...

.Bambi.
23rd October 2005, 12:36 AM
I, for one, sure as hell hope so.
*Marshtomp evolves into Swampert* Ooh LOOK! It's still a Mudkip in the Intro! How cute ^.^!
...>.>

What gets me is that these Team changes are happening fairly early in the Season, so why couldn't they follow suit with such openings as "Challenger"?
Considering how quickly Chimecho was dumped for Manene, I have yet to understand why it is in the Intro and Ending of the BF Series. What raises more questions is the absence of Dustox in both...but it's still on the Team Rocket team.

I really hope people don't come here and post "No! They don't want to animate Marshtomp and put him in place of Mudkip in the Intro! It'll be too hard!" because they did the same with the Smile Ending so it shouldn't be too difficult, neh?

Vote Yes on Bill BF Intro =D!

JazzJazz
23rd October 2005, 1:44 AM
If you break it all down, the intro isn't really why you watch the show, is it? What's the big deal if they do/don't change it... so long as the episodes themselves are decent, I'll be happy.

PDL
23rd October 2005, 2:00 AM
they did it for the ending credits of Advanced Generation for a while...

TeddiUrsa
23rd October 2005, 2:23 AM
well, chimecho is still in the opening, so I think they won´t update the opening with every evolution/capture.

but maybe they update only after a new brain is intorduced so that they can pack all things into one update, like having marshtomb and greta in and chimecho out after the next episode in the opening. we will see.

aka
23rd October 2005, 3:07 AM
well...we'll find out this weeks...so it should be intresting :D...

can't wait...for opening..since ya metioned this idead :D...

let's just sit bakc, wait, and see..lol

Feity
23rd October 2005, 3:16 AM
but maybe they update only after a new brain is intorduced so that they can pack all things into one update, like having marshtomb and greta in and chimecho out after the next episode in the opening. we will see.sounds logical. I like that idea.

ChaosMage
23rd October 2005, 12:45 PM
They completely reanimated a Snorunt into a Glalie in Glory Day, what would stop them animating a Marshtomp over a Mudkip?

V Faction
23rd October 2005, 3:52 PM
The fact that it's an ending?

I miss Smile.

ChaosMage
23rd October 2005, 5:24 PM
I can't see it being constantly updated, maybe just after each brain would suffice.

Black Marauder
23rd October 2005, 8:06 PM
I'd actually like that to happen. Hope they use their brains and do that.

Thriller
23rd October 2005, 8:07 PM
I can't see it being constantly updated, maybe just after each brain would suffice.

You say constanly as if it could happen a lot. Captures and evolutions don't happen all that often.

ZoraJolteon
23rd October 2005, 8:15 PM
I think that the first Mudkip appearence in the forest will remain, but the little Mudkip that dances around in front of Brock will get replaced. The blocky outline makes it seem like it was designed to be altered.

ChaosMage
23rd October 2005, 8:17 PM
Well, since this is a new saga and all, and they seem to be giving at least one new pokemon to each character, they also seem to be evolving/sacking one other member.

TeddiUrsa
23rd October 2005, 8:32 PM
between each gym we had at least two capture/evoultion back in hoenn if I´m correct. mostly one event after another.

I think this trend will continue in the BF saga
(squirtle, phanpy, dumping of glalie,torkoal,ludicolo, beautifly,skitty)
(chimecho, manene, marshtomp)

I update after each new brain is possible but we better don´t get our hopes too high

ChaosMage
24th October 2005, 12:10 AM
between each gym we had at least two capture/evoultion back in hoenn if Im correct. mostly one event after another.

I think this trend will continue in the BF saga
(squirtle, phanpy, dumping of glalie,torkoal,ludicolo, beautifly,skitty)
(chimecho, manene, marshtomp)

I update after each new brain is possible but we better dont get our hopes too high

Interesting...

Pre-Roxanne- Torchic, Taillow, Arbok/Weezing leave, Cacnea, Treecko, Seviper, Lotad, both Wurmples
Pre-Brawley rematch- Corphish, Silcoon/Cascoon, Mudkip, Beautifly/Dustox
Pre-Wattson- nowt
Pre-Flannery- Skitty and Togetic
Pre-Wattson rematch (if that counts)- Torkoal
Pre-Norman- Grovyle and Lombre
Pre-Winona- Bulbasaur, Swellow, Combusken and Cimecho
Pre-Tate & Liza- Bugger all, it mostly focuses on Kyogre and Groudon
Pre-Juan- Ludicolo and Snorunt
Pre-Grand Festival- Munchlax
Pre-League- Glalie
Pre-Factory- Squirtle, Phanpy, Glalie/Torkoal/Skitty/Bulbasaur/Beautifly/Ludicolo leave
Pre-Arena- Marshtomp and Chimecho/Manene

So, yes, we can expect at least one or two team changes. We know of two major possibilities (what with Manyula and Bonsly in the intro and a suspicious title), and they often happen right before a contest or gym battle, so we may get another capture or evolution in the next 15 episodes. IN THEORY.

TeddiUrsa
24th October 2005, 12:43 AM
And I think May will catch at least one more pokemon.
because she has 4 contest ribbons to collect and has only 3 pokemon on her team.
It would be a bit boring to see combusken and squirtle again and again ( hopefully munchlax will be in a contest ever...-.-) in the contests, so she needs a new one.

May got a new pokemon mostly before the next contest ( not directly before..damn..I can´t expres myself ^^;) with the last contest in hoenn as an exception.
But maybe we´ll se an evolution on her team as well.

CyberCubed
24th October 2005, 5:40 AM
Well evolutions/capture episodes take the place of fillers, so it's not like we'll have twice as many episodes with captures/evolutions and standard fillers.

Hmmm, now that I think about it evolving one of Ash's Pokemon would be hard for the opening. You know the scene where all of Ash's team jumps out into the air and does attacks? If the opening is to be updated, they'd have to completely redraw a scene (such as taking out Phanpy and replacing it with Donphan), which would probably be more work than they're willing to do...hmm.

Lil Brother
24th October 2005, 5:56 AM
They completely reanimated a Snorunt into a Glalie in Glory Day, what would stop them animating a Marshtomp over a Mudkip?Hmm? When'd they do that?

Alfonso
24th October 2005, 2:47 PM
Hmm? When'd they do that?

Exactly when he just said. In the ending Glory Day.

When Snorunt evolved, they updated the ending to have Glalie instead of Snorunt.

ChaosMage
24th October 2005, 4:01 PM
And, in the opening Phanpy has one scene on it's own attacking, followed by a frozen image of the group. The other potential evolutions get little more than that, in fact. That can easily be updated, and they've done it before. They'll make a 20-odd minute episode that has no purpose and is immediately forgotten, so 10 seconds of footage that will last for 50 episodes or more and help the continuity isn't a daring investment.

Alastor DMc
24th October 2005, 8:28 PM
If anyone watches Bleach, the ending song Houki Hoshi (3rd ending I believe) was different every episode. I don't see why it would be so out of the question to have these updated scenes already done and ready to go. Writers don't sit in an office and write this week's episode one week prior to airing it. They already know what's going to happen, probably 30 episodes and more down the line.

CyberCubed
28th October 2005, 6:13 PM
Whee, I was right!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/scott85/df57ea46.jpg

Marshtompt has replaced Mudkip!

This opens the floodgates for many new evolutions and/or captures. Guess they finally found a way to avoid putting spoilers in the opening.

Juputoru
28th October 2005, 7:11 PM
Question:Are Manene and Chimecho still in the opening together? I'm not sure if both of them still being in there would *definitely* mean that Chimecho's coming back(although it'd seem to suggest it...), but if Chimecho goes away entirely, either A)The animators decided to keep us in the dark and/or to make us think that B is going to happen, or B)Chiirin ain't coming back.

But bravo for "them" deciding to add in new captures/evos to the opening gradually instead of spoiling everything or making the opening inconsistant(when it comes to evos, if nothing else).

Blaziken master
28th October 2005, 9:13 PM
You have to wonder what will be next... I like that they changed what Brock was doing as well

Dogasu
28th October 2005, 10:39 PM
Question:Are Manene and Chimecho still in the opening together?

Yes.

(Ten character limit)

CyberCubed
28th October 2005, 11:03 PM
This gives hope that Chimecho is not gone for good.

Taking Chimecho away from James was like someone viciously ripping out his heart. James loved the little guy, so hopefully the writers realize how important they made Chimecho to James and have him pick him up eventually.

aka
29th October 2005, 6:34 PM
This gives hope that Chimecho is not gone for good.

Taking Chimecho away from James was like someone viciously ripping out his heart. James loved the little guy, so hopefully the writers realize how important they made Chimecho to James and have him pick him up eventually.

The thing is...if it does come back...TR's motto..will be at the end

Mewoth: That's right

Wobbafet: Wobbafet

Chimecho: Chime Chime

Manene: Mane Mane

wow...imigine...they get more pkmn....it'd be totally funny...5 min later...AH FINALLY they'd be done...lol

as i did like it they did change the whole thing of Brock and his Marshtomp...

i can't wait for another update like this :D

Flamez
29th October 2005, 7:51 PM
I think without a question it could be updated they put marshtomp in there and the part where each of ash's pokemon attack that can also be changed i got a good feeling that grovyle will evolve, after watching the battle arena episode i just got that gut feeling that it will evolve.

JazzJazz
29th October 2005, 11:16 PM
I think without a question it could be updated they put marshtomp in there

You're right, there is no question, this has already been done... did you read CyberCubed's earlier post? There was an image and all...

~Battle Frontier~
31st October 2005, 11:29 PM
Does any know where I can download da updated theme song??

jolteonjak
5th November 2005, 5:56 PM
Was the opening updated with Greta visable for this past episode?

TeddiUrsa
5th November 2005, 6:14 PM
Was the opening updated with Greta visable for this past episode?

yes,it was.

Brocksketchum
5th November 2005, 6:21 PM
yes,it was.

And for further proof:

http://onfinite.com/libraries/671012/1c0.jpg

TeddiUrsa stole my glory. :(

TeddiUrsa
5th November 2005, 7:22 PM
TeddiUrsa stole my glory. :(

nya, you got the picture of her. so,its a draw XD

Gaiash
5th November 2005, 7:40 PM
Its a first for an opening thats for sure but I think any team edits in the opening will most likley wait until the next frontier update after its capture/evolution (Manene excluded)

Factory Head Noland
5th November 2005, 11:47 PM
Since this intro has been updated, do you think the Advanced Battle intro could be aswell?

They have Noland there already but when Greta and everyone else appear, do you think they will all be unblacked like in this intro?

I hope so. I already think it looks stupid that Noland is there in the first place when we're nowhere near to the Battle Frontier.

ghost master
5th November 2005, 11:51 PM
Its a first for an opening thats for sure but I think any team edits in the opening will most likley wait until the next frontier update after its capture/evolution (Manene excluded)true and if bonsly is Brock's since it seemed obvious that it was brock's since it ran with all of brock's pokemon and it was dancing with tr's and ash and co.s pokemon in the previous ending.

MasterJedi
6th November 2005, 12:36 AM
Since this intro has been updated, do you think the Advanced Battle intro could be aswell?

They have Noland there already but when Greta and everyone else appear, do you think they will all be unblacked like in this intro?

I hope so. I already think it looks stupid that Noland is there in the first place when we're nowhere near to the Battle Frontier.

Advanced Battle will be over before they will be able to update it. Maybe they'll do it with the season after it but I doubt it.

Geki
6th November 2005, 5:04 AM
It's awesome that the opening is constantly updating, that means I don't have to entirely give up hope of Grovyle evolving!

JazzJazz
6th November 2005, 5:22 AM
It's awesome that the opening is constantly updating, that means I don't have to entirely give up hope of Grovyle evolving!

You never had to... just because sceptile isn't in the opening doesn't mean that grovyle will never evolve.

Factory Head Noland
6th November 2005, 6:07 PM
I like how this opening is done, it's probably one of the best.

There is much room is the woods so that could mean quite a few captures and they will just be added to the scene like Mudkip changed to Marshtomp.

I love the way that the Frontier Brain's are shadowed out until they have appeared.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/6528/greta10pe.gif

Here's Greta!

Gravy
6th November 2005, 6:14 PM
Kind of sucks how the credits seem to get in the way though :/

RandomCharizard
6th November 2005, 6:57 PM
If this hasnt been mentioned the scene were May is crying got updated Marstomp.

Lovely May
6th November 2005, 7:13 PM
I like how this opening is done, it's probably one of the best.
I love the way that the Frontier Brain's are shadowed out until they have appeared.
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/6528/greta10pe.gif

Well, I must admit but probably not all people will agree with me, this opening reminds me some openings from "Sailormoon" (japanese versions).

Factory Head Noland
6th November 2005, 9:53 PM
Here is a picture from said scene~

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Petalburg/Forest.jpg

Lil Brother
6th November 2005, 10:46 PM
Ack. Marshtomp just doesn't look right there. o.o

Anyways, I predict the active Pokemon won't evolve. Like Squirtle, that'd be a total pain to re-animate. And Munchlax of coures won't. However, that leaves other like Combusken, Grovyle, and Corphish to evolve. Not that Corphish should, but it certainly does have a lot of room there....

Factory Head Noland
6th November 2005, 10:49 PM
Ack. Marshtomp just doesn't look right there. o.o

Anyways, I predict the active Pokemon won't evolve. Like Squirtle, that'd be a total pain to re-animate. And Munchlax of coures won't. However, that leaves other like Combusken, Grovyle, and Corphish to evolve. Not that Corphish should, but it certainly does have a lot of room there....

I think it looks great there, it fits in so well.

But I'm a Marshtomp lover...

Gaiash
6th November 2005, 11:15 PM
I think we should be hopeing for captures rather than evolutions

Gravy
6th November 2005, 11:53 PM
Man, a Donphan would look so awesome in the opening.

Factory Head Noland
7th November 2005, 12:04 AM
If Phanpy were ever to evolve, there is room for it in the intro~

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Petalburg/Forest2.jpg

Phanpy isn't in the forest with all the other Pokemon but under where Ash and Corphish are sitting, there is a good space where it could be drawn in to.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Petalburg/PhanpyIntro.jpg

And with all the room on the screen, I'm positive Phanpy could be changed into a Donphan.

I'm not speculating evolution here, I'm just theorising it. I don't want Phanpy to evolve, it's too kawaii :p

CyberCubed
7th November 2005, 12:06 AM
It probably will evolve anyway.

I'm wondering if they'll place Eevee next to May trying to cheer her up when she's crying under the tree. Her little cutesy baby Pokemon is bound to be placed righr next to her looking at her with a sad face.

Lovely May
7th November 2005, 7:13 AM
It probably will evolve anyway.
I agree. Ash took Phnapy not without reason. I hope, it will evolve.
Ash would look cool with Donphan by his side.

JazzJazz
7th November 2005, 7:33 PM
If Phanpy were ever to evolve, there is room for it in the intro~

Remember that spaces shouldn't be used as speculation on former captures/evolutions... remember how that old ending was updated and the new additions to the teams were sometimes squeezed into tight spaces? Spaces or not, donphan could go anywhere (or nowhere), only time will tell...

Thriller
8th November 2005, 5:05 AM
I think we should be hopeing for captures rather than evolutions

You only THINK though ;p. Too bad for you evolutions don't have to be confirmed anymore. *Looks a Glalie and Marshtomp with a smile*

I'm wondering if they'll place Eevee next to May trying to cheer her up when she's crying under the tree. Her little cutesy baby Pokemon is bound to be placed righr next to her looking at her with a sad face.

I agree. May always needs something like that to cheer her up.

Lil Brother
8th November 2005, 5:29 AM
I agree about the Phanpy thing. Especially since the only thing its doing is... standing there. :P

Gaiash
8th November 2005, 5:15 PM
Phanpy doesn't need to evolve but its attack scene is the longest, perhaps this means a new capture?

Alfonso
8th November 2005, 10:36 PM
Phanpy doesn't need to evolve but its attack scene is the longest, perhaps this means a new capture?

...How in the world does its attack scene mean a new capture? You're comparing two totally different things.

ChaosMage
9th November 2005, 12:30 AM

That. is. not. funny. Phanpy does need to evolve. Now. It's been hinted ever since the Donphan episode at the end of Hoenn that Ash would have liked Phanpy to evolve (dodges barrage of Cyndaquil and Totodile references)

Team Rocket Admin
9th November 2005, 1:53 AM
The new opening is confusing to the max. In some ways it works better for THE DUB, than the Japanese version. Chimecho & Mudkip are technically still here, but it also opens up spoiler city. The producers are up to something, though.

JazzJazz
9th November 2005, 7:26 PM
The new opening is confusing to the max. In some ways it works better for THE DUB, than the Japanese version. Chimecho & Mudkip are technically still here, but it also opens up spoiler city. The producers are up to something, though.

Maybe they're hinting at May getting pokemon that have been on the teams of other characters (i.e. Jame and Brock), just like she's obtained pokemon that Ash used to have... j/k.

Lil Brother
10th November 2005, 12:42 AM
The new opening is confusing to the max. In some ways it works better for THE DUB, than the Japanese version. Chimecho & Mudkip are technically still here, but it also opens up spoiler city. The producers are up to something, though.What are you smoking? o.o

Japan opening- The ****.
English opening- ****.

V Faction
10th November 2005, 1:01 AM
What are you smoking? o.o

Japan opening- The ****.
English opening- ****.
Get that stick out of your ***, Twiggy. The English and Japanese dubs are both good in some respects and are BOTH BAD in some respects.