PDA

View Full Version : New Dub Titles!

Pages : [1] 2

Dogasu
26th October 2005, 10:46 PM
This thread is here for you guys to report any new episode titles that are revealed for the English-language dub of Pokemon: Advanced Battle.

So far, the titles that have been revealed are:

AG 093: "Spoink and Clamperl! Seek the Pearl!"
PAB 01: "Clamperl of Wisdom"

AG 094: "Relicanth and the Deep Sea Treasure!"
PAB 02: "The Relicanth Really Can"

AG 095: "Gorebyss and Huntail! The Evolution Mystery"
PAB 03: "The Evolutionary War"

AG 096: "Muscle Battle! Double Battle!"
PAB 04: "Training Wrecks"

AG 097: "Groudon vs. Kyogre (Part One)"
PAB 05: "Gaining Groudon"

AG 098: "Groudon vs. Kyogre (Part Two)"
PAB 06: "The Scuffle of Legends"

AG 099: "Tate & Liza! Space Center Battle!"
PAB 07: "It's Still Rocket Roll to Me!"

AG 100: "Mossdeep Gym! Lunatone and Solrock!"
PAB 08: "Solid as a Solrock"

AG 101: "Shaking Island Battle! Barbroach vs. Whicash!" (UNAIRED)
PAB ??: UNAIRED

AG 102: "Seaman! Enter the Elite 4 Drake!"
PAB 09: "Vanity Affair"

AG 103: "Island of Dr. Moroboshi! Fossil Pokémon Appear!!"
PAB 10: "Where's Armaldo?"

AG 104: "Izabe Island Pokémon Contest! Beware of the Rival!!"
PAB 11: "A Cacturne For The Worse"

AG 105: "Seal The Huge Claydol!"
PAB 12: "Claydol, Big And Tall"

AG 106: "Falling in Love with Mawile! Lombre's Flower Arrrangement!!"
PAB 13: "Once In A Mawile!"

AG 107: "Trapinch and Vibrava! Lake of Illusion!"
PAB 14: "Beg, Burrow & Steal"

AG 108: "Absol! Creeping Shadow Of Disaster!"
PAB 15: "Absol-ute Disaster"

AG 109: "Catch Snorunt!"
PAB 16: "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"

AG 110: "Rescue Ralts! Hurry Max!"
PAB 17: "Do I Hear A Ralts?"

AG 111: "Sootopolis Gym! Juan, Artist of Water! (Part One)"
PAB 18: "The Great Eight Fate"

AG 112: "Sootopolis Gym! Juan, Artist of Water! (Part Two)"
PAB 19: "Eight Aint Enough"

AG 113: "Linoone! The Shape Of Friendship!?!"
PAB 20: "Showdown at Linoone"

AG 114: "The Wynaut of Mirage Island!"
PAB 21: "Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?"

AG 115: "Rollout! Loving Donphan!"
PAB 22: "Date Expectations"

AG 116: "Disorderly Melee! Pokémon Contest - Pacifidlog Convention! (Part One)"
PAB 23: "Mean With Envy"

AG 117: "Disorderly Melee! Pokémon Contest - Pacifidlog Convention! (Part Two)"
PAB 24: "Pacifidlog Jam!"

AG 118: "'May-Delicious' Captures Munchlax!"
PAB 25: "Berry, Berry, Interesting"

AG 119: "Rival Enters! Morrison & Beldum"
PAB 26: "Less Is Morrison"

AG 120: "Mysterious Thief Brody & The Ribbon Cup!"
PAB 27: "The Ribbon Cup Caper"

AG 121: "Ash & May! Heated Battles In Hoenn!"

AG 122: "Begin! Grand Festival! (1)"
PAB 28: "Hi Ho Silver Wind"

AG 123: "Fierce Fighting! Grand Festival! (2)"
PAB 29: "Deceit & Assist"

AG 124: "Decisive Battle! Grand Festival! (3)"
PAB 30: "Rhapsody In Drew"

AG 125: "Let's Go by Survival!"
PAB 31: "Island Time"

AG 126: "Arrival at Evergrande City! Meowth In Boots?!?"
PAB 32: "Like a Meowth to a Flame"

AG 127: "The Start of the Preliminaries! Morrison Enters!"
PAB 33: "Saved by the Beldum"

AG 128: "Opening! EverGrande Tournement!"
PAB 34: "From Brags to Riches"

AG 129: "To the Tournament Finals! Every Day A Heated Battle"
PAB 35: "Shocks and Bonds"

AG 130: "And...Continue The Battle That Can't Be Lost!!"
PAB 36: "A Judgment Brawl"

AG 131: "Rival Showdown! Ash VS Morrison!"
PAB 37: "Choose It or Lose It"

AG 132: "The End of the Fierce Fighting! The Road to the Championship!"
PAB 38: "At the End of the Fray"

AG 133: "Scott & The Battle Frontier!"
PAB 39: "The Scheme Team"

AG 134: "Oak Laboratory! All Members Gathering!!"
PAB 40: "The Right Place and the Right Mime"

AG 135: "Mt. Moon! With Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable!"
PAB 41: "A Real Cleffa-Hanger!"

AG 136: "First Battle! Battle Factory! (Part 1)"
PAB 42: "Numero Uno Articuno"

AG 137: "First Battle! Battle Factory! (Part 2"
PAB 43: "The Symbol Life"

AG 138: "The Kingdom of Onix"
PAB 44: "Hooked on Onix"

AG 139: "Jigglypuff's Song, Father's Song!"
PAB 45: "Rough, Tough Jigglypuff"

AG 140: "Rival Confrontation! Get Arcanine!"
PAB 46: "On Cloud Arcanine"

AG 141: "Psyduck's Depression!"
PAB 47: "Sitting Psyduck"

AG 142: "Sneasel & Mr. Mime! Which Restaurant?"
PAB 48: "TBC"

AG 143: "Evolution! That Mystery & Marvel!"
PAB 49: "TBC"

AG 144: "Pokémon Contest! Saffron Conference (Part 1)!"
PAB 50: "TBC"

AG 145: "Pokémon Contest! Saffron Conference (Part 2)!"
PAB 51: "TBC"

AG 146: "Hand-to-Hand Fighting Dojo! Ash VS May!"
PAB 52: "TBC"

**END OF POKÉMON ADVANCED BATTLE**

If you find out the title of a future episode, post it in this thread instead of making a brand new thread for it.

Kanadian Kyuubi
26th October 2005, 11:12 PM
Finally, a much better way of doing things, but I loved those threads :(

Kamex
26th October 2005, 11:15 PM
Wow, we've already seen six episodes.

AG 101: "Shaking Island Battle! Barbroach vs. Whicash!" (UNAIRED)
Why can't we watch a dub of that episode? I mean, it's not really effecting the U.S. in any emotional or powerful way. Maybe they don't think it's wise to have that episode anywhere, even out of Japan?

Medea
26th October 2005, 11:34 PM
Thank you so much Dogasu...

As for the new dub title...meh...that's all I gotta say. And as for the new banned episode...Well, at least it's not a big crucial episode where something actually happens. I mean it ain't like it's the freakin Legend of Dratini episode where so much crap happened, and it doesn't air it. But then of course this episode never aired anywhere so we really can't say much.

Dogasu
26th October 2005, 11:41 PM
Why can't we watch a dub of that episode? I mean, it's not really effecting the U.S. in any emotional or powerful way. Maybe they don't think it's wise to have that episode anywhere, even out of Japan?

I doubt TV-Tokyo gave 4Kids the tape with the episode on it. So even if 4Kids wanted to, they wouldnt' be able to dub it.

Lil Brother
27th October 2005, 5:24 AM
Wow, we've already seen six episodes.

Why can't we watch a dub of that episode? I mean, it's not really effecting the U.S. in any emotional or powerful way. Maybe they don't think it's wise to have that episode anywhere, even out of Japan?Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking. Including the six episodes part. AB seems to be really flying by. Wonder why.

Zak
27th October 2005, 6:22 AM
Well, the same reason the Porygon episode remained banned when that little scene that was about three seconds long could have been edited. As a matter of fact it WAS edited and although it didn't cause any harm after. However, TV-Tokyo stopped airing it for sentimental reasons as far as I know, and didn't give it to 4kids for the same reason.

So, this and the Porygon episode are the only ones banned in Japan.

~Zak

Ethereal
27th October 2005, 6:29 AM
Hm...Let me get this straight, because I've heard a couple of things regarding the Barboach episode. I thought the Barboach episode was unable to be aired. Some people say that there were plans to air the episode at a later date, but that was scrapped. So, was it offically banned or just unaired and claimed to be banned?

Dogasu
27th October 2005, 7:36 AM
About two days after the airing of the second part of the Mossdeep Gym Battle, Anime News Network reported (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5651) that the episode was banned due to the episode's depiction of earthquakes. Their source? Yahoo! Japan.

Is the UK getting three more episodes next week? Because if you are, then that means you guys will get to see dubbed Harley by Tuesday.

Torkoal Stu
27th October 2005, 7:53 AM
Is the UK getting three more episodes next week? Because if you are, then that means you guys will get to see dubbed Harley by Tuesday
We are getting three episodes a week from what I know, but I always miss tuesday. :( Crap, well yeah we are.

Also nice thread idea guys.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 7:54 AM
Holy Crap,If UK gets Harley first,they HAVE to tell us if 4kids did anything to him.

Torkoal Stu
27th October 2005, 8:03 AM
Holy Crap,If UK gets Harley first,they HAVE to tell us if 4kids did anything to him.
Are you saying we wont? DUH, we will, hello what do you think we'll post in the episode discussions and if they make him a girl there'll be a ton of threads about it.

*cough*

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 8:08 AM
Oh alright.

Hasbrownspammit,Canada doesnt get Harley until like a few weeks or moreso.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
27th October 2005, 9:36 AM
Next week the UK will get:
the fossil ep... confusing title
Izabe island contest
Sealed the huge claydol! (only title I can remember at quarter to 9 in the morning)

so next week we should have dub titles for those episodes

ChaosMage
27th October 2005, 12:35 PM
Next week the UK will get:
the fossil ep... confusing title
Izabe island contest
Sealed the huge claydol! (only title I can remember at quarter to 9 in the morning)

so next week we should have dub titles for those episodes

Dude, I know! I can't wait for all three! Especially the latter two- Harley and giant Claydol, ROCK ON!!!

How long will his continue? We've had nine episodes already. Let's see...

Thursday 27th October today, so we'll have;

Harley on Tuesday 1st November
Claydol on Wednesday 2nd November
Ludicolo on 7th
Snorunt on 14th
Juan on the 16th and 21st (trust us to get the bleeding cliffhanger!)
Pacifildog Contest on the 29th and 30th

So, by the time November ends, we'll be ready for the league and Grand Festival

5th December will introduce we Brits to Munchlax, and Brody and Masemune will follow shortly afterwards on the 6th and 7th
Assuming the clip show is skipped, we'll get the grand festival all in one week, on the 8th-10th December
The league will have started by 17th December... and...
The league will be over by New Year, with a possibility of the Masemune battle on Crimbo Eve!!!

Wait, I'm going to be on a skiing trip right through the league... I'll have to catch the repeats...

And what better way to start 2006 than with a brand new saga?

If they keep up this system, we'll have the whole saga by the end of January! This is very exciting, all you Englanders out there!

MaskedManAbsolkid
27th October 2005, 1:20 PM
Dude, I know! I can't wait for all three! Especially the latter two- Harley and giant Claydol, ROCK ON!!!

How long will his continue? We've had nine episodes already. Let's see...

Thursday 27th October today, so we'll have;

Harley on Tuesday 1st November
Claydol on Wednesday 2nd November
Ludicolo on 7th
Snorunt on 14th
Juan on the 16th and 21st (trust us to get the bleeding cliffhanger!)
Pacifildog Contest on the 29th and 30th

So, by the time November ends, we'll be ready for the league and Grand Festival

5th December will introduce we Brits to Munchlax, and Brody and Masemune will follow shortly afterwards on the 6th and 7th
Assuming the clip show is skipped, we'll get the grand festival all in one week, on the 8th-10th December
The league will have started by 17th December... and...
The league will be over by New Year, with a possibility of the Masemune battle on Crimbo Eve!!!

Wait, I'm going to be on a skiing trip right through the league... I'll have to catch the repeats...

And what better way to start 2006 than with a brand new saga?

If they keep up this system, we'll have the whole saga by the end of January! This is very exciting, all you Englanders out there!

I think it's exciting too, but they might stop the episodes for a few weeks, or even show a movie (could be in half-hour segments for each day). Still, looks like we might get a whole bunch of dub titles each week.

Gravy
27th October 2005, 1:39 PM
Eh, I'm not counting on Toonami to go as far as league battles or at the very least the 8th Gym. At the most I'm expecting another 3 weeks of new episodes before they start showing reruns for a few months. This 3 episodes per week thing is going to backfire soon enough~

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 6:20 PM
Eh,might seem unfair to us else because hashspammit next week Canada only gets Mossdeep. Then week after that,2nd battle. Canada might take quite a while,considering only 1 episode a week.

Serebii
27th October 2005, 6:25 PM
You guys have too much time on your hands regarding this :p

Im gonna try and pull some strings and get the titles for the rest of the season...no promises though

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 6:26 PM
Oh..right..Joe lives in England.

Thriller
27th October 2005, 6:34 PM
Too bad you English guys will go MONTHS without getting a new eppie until season 9.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 6:36 PM
Stop rubbing it in my face,I already know.

Dammit YTV,SHOW IT WEEKDAYS NOT SATURDAYS!

THEN WE'D PWN YOU ALL!

Serebii
27th October 2005, 6:37 PM
Ok people can you try and stay on topic here. This is to discuss the titles not the current Toonami standings

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 6:40 PM
Hmm..are we allowed to guess what the next ep. title is gonna be?

Or only we do that in the spoilers section?

Torkoal Stu
27th October 2005, 6:44 PM
*cough http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=55160 cough*

¬_¬ Anyway the title Vanity Affair really shocked me, I was expecting a Drake type title, but meh there pretty good titles except maybe the Suffle of legends.

Also this is turning into what happened when we got chronicals first, the amercians get mad but they get everything first so its you have nothing to complain about guys. I'd rather have every movie than get new episodes later than another country, we wait and dont go all mad when you guys get them first. Do we? So thats my last comment on the matter.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 6:53 PM
One last thing for me: Canada has chronicles,not sure about America.

ChaosMage
27th October 2005, 6:58 PM
America has Chronicles, just not on TV. The DVDs are available for purchase, though. Besides, they're not missing much.

Sharpshooter
27th October 2005, 8:30 PM
I've been really impressed with the 8th season dub titles so far, hope they keep it up, since we were starting to get some stinkers towards the back end of Advanced Challenge.

Alfonso
28th October 2005, 2:00 PM

How perfect it would have been for 'Vanity Affair' to be used for the Harley episode title.

I take it 'Solid as a Solrock' turned out to be fake, then?

Serebii
28th October 2005, 2:01 PM

How perfect it would have been for 'Vanity Affair' to be used for the Harley episode title.

I take it 'Solid as a Solrock' turned out to be fake, then?
No...Solid As a Solrock was the correct title for the Mossdeep Gym Ep...Vanity Affair is for the Drake ep

Man you're slow

Alfonso
28th October 2005, 2:13 PM
No...Solid As a Solrock was the correct title for the Mossdeep Gym Ep...Vanity Affair is for the Drake ep

Man you're slow

Thanks for that Joe. ;D

I made a mistake in regards to the order of the episodes, and thus was looking for 'Solid as a Solrock' after 'Vanity Affair' instead of before it. So when I didn't see it after, I assumed it turned out to be fake. :p

Jesse GS the II
28th October 2005, 3:53 PM
"Vanity Affair" is actually pretty good. Still, I would have liked my predicted "One Four for the Road" better.

El Georgio the II
29th October 2005, 7:51 PM
I think the dub for Mondays fossil ep is 'Where's Armaldo?' I found out by jumping 24hrs on my sky tv guide, pressed i on mondays ep and it was called what i said. Capiche(sp)?

Aikou Bupiggu
29th October 2005, 10:03 PM
I think the dub for Mondays fossil ep is 'Where's Armaldo?' I found out by jumping 24hrs on my sky tv guide, pressed i on mondays ep and it was called what i said. Capiche(sp)?

Awws.... that makes my sky crap, it doesn't show the titles of future episodes for toonami ):

Brado.

Serebii
29th October 2005, 10:03 PM
Can anyone verify this?

Alfonso
30th October 2005, 12:18 AM
'Where's Armaldo?'

wtf is that supposed to be a pun of? o_o

Serebii
30th October 2005, 12:22 AM
Where's Waldo

Duh

Phantom_Bugsy
30th October 2005, 12:27 AM
Joe, stop being an as*hole. Jesus.

...Where's Armaldo? ...oh jeez. With the new titles recently, there aint no hope of getting a decent dub name outta Tomono or Hyuuga. -___-;

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
30th October 2005, 12:56 AM
Where's Waldo

Duh

lol, That was funny.

Anyways if that is a real title then I find it pretty wierd. Waldo and Armaldo was that a coincidence? I havn't read the guide but I thought this episode was on all the extinct Hoenn Pokemon? Or is it based on Armaldo? I better read the guide now I guess.

Gravy
30th October 2005, 1:27 AM
'Where's Waldo'?

...call me crazy, but I recall it being called 'Where's Wally'. At least, thats what it used to say on the front cover in all the bookstores.
Then again, its not like I've done any research on some franchise I don't give a damn about.

Dogasu
30th October 2005, 1:56 AM
He's Waldo in the U.S., but a lot of my Australian friends know him as "Wally." I'm assuming that it's "Where's Wally" in the U.K. as well.

Serebii
30th October 2005, 1:00 AM
Yeah, its only waldo in the US...don't know why...I thought it started in the UK anyway

Maybe its more along the lines of the Philosopher's Stone & the Sorcerer's Stone in Harry Potter

MaskedManAbsolkid
30th October 2005, 12:03 PM
Just a question, are you sure it's that title? Usually Toonami don't give eppy titles away until the eppy airs.

ChaosMage
30th October 2005, 12:32 PM
I had "The Jurassic is Out" or "The Right to Bear Armaldo", and the SkyGuide does not have the episode titles. End of story. This is blatently made up.

Gravy
30th October 2005, 1:43 PM
Just a question, are you sure it's that title? Usually Toonami don't give eppy titles away until the eppy airs.
It is. The Sky guide doesn't seem to have any sort of schedule to put these titles up, so they can come up at any time~

Serebii
30th October 2005, 4:03 PM
It is. The Sky guide doesn't seem to have any sort of schedule to put these titles up, so they can come up at any time~
So can we call it a confirmed title...yes or no?

Gravy
30th October 2005, 4:05 PM
So can we call it a confirmed title...yes or no?
Pretty much, yeah~

Serebii
30th October 2005, 4:11 PM
What about Tuesday's...anything on that?

Gravy
30th October 2005, 4:16 PM
No, currently they're just using the default synopsis they use when they haven't yet recieved a title.
"New Series. Ash, May and Brock continue their journey through the Hoenn region"

Serebii
30th October 2005, 4:17 PM
Can ya provide a digicam shot of the Where's Armaldo bit...I'm a bit weary about this

30th October 2005, 4:47 PM
Can ya provide a digicam shot of the Where's Armaldo bit...I'm a bit weary about this
so Am I

infact I am checking my sky guide now....

IT IS REAL!!!

What a crap title....

my digicam is being a ***** at the mo so I can't get one even though you weren't talking to me

El Georgio the II
30th October 2005, 4:49 PM
...that it clearly said Wheres Armaldo on my Sky Tv Guidefor tomorrow and it had a synopsis. No, i dont have a digicam. Watch it tommorow and well see. It also says on POTW for Armaldo that the name is Wheres Armaldo, Joe....

30th October 2005, 4:52 PM
...that it clearly said Wheres Armaldo on my Sky Tv Guidefor tomorrow and it had a synopsis. No, i dont have a digicam. Watch it tommorow and well see. It also says on POTW for Armaldo that the name is Wheres Armaldo, Joe....
that is true, sky guide hardly ever shows them and I just checked and it says 'wheres Almaldo?' and the description of the episode.

Maybe Joe is in the middle of updating the site?

Serebii
30th October 2005, 4:53 PM
Just needed to be sure :)

Cheers Guys :)

ChaosMage
30th October 2005, 5:33 PM
Worst. Title. Ever. EVER. Worse than Hokey Pokeballs, even!

Serebii
30th October 2005, 5:34 PM
Na I think it's clever and also fits entirely in with the episode too

El Georgio the II
30th October 2005, 5:48 PM
I was right! Cool. Will be avidly atching 2moro to see my beloved Cradily!

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
30th October 2005, 6:59 PM
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Best dub Title ever, PERIOD. I really LMAOed at this one:D. They better keep going with the excellent Dub Titles, they're getting quite good.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

RandomCharizard
30th October 2005, 7:14 PM
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Best dub Title ever, PERIOD. I really LMAOed at this one:D. They better keep going with the excellent Dub Titles, they're getting quite good.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion
Seconded,this title is a lol. "Vanitiy Affair" is another good title. 4kids used a word most kitties wont know :0

Geki
30th October 2005, 8:39 PM
The new dub title ''Where's Armaldo'' is awesome!!

ChaosMage
30th October 2005, 9:20 PM
You can't be serious! It is absolutely dreadful and the worst pun since the season began. If I watch tomorrow and this is true (which seems almost certain), I will hate this episode for all time.

Zak
30th October 2005, 9:46 PM
At least it makes sense for what happens in the episode.

Alfonso
30th October 2005, 9:49 PM
Where's Waldo

Duh

Joe. Have you got some sort of problem with me as of late, because your attitude towards me in this thread is really starting to get on my nerves.

It's called Where's WALLY in the UK. I bought the books which where called Where's WALLYy. I bought the educational magazine called WALLY'S World. I know it as Wally, not 'Waldo'.

Duh.

ChaosMage
30th October 2005, 10:09 PM
I only know the name Waldo from various confusing Simpsons parodies.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
30th October 2005, 10:40 PM
Another Simpson spoof:

Hmm..where's Waldo..

*Waldo walks past by the Window*

IIRC.

Factory Head Noland
30th October 2005, 10:50 PM
I think it's quite a good title, if I were 6 I wouldn't know what it meant, but I'm not 6, now am I?

ChaosMage
30th October 2005, 11:18 PM
The problem is that it doesn't sound like a pun, which is how, in my opinion, the titles should really sound if they're going to be puns. It sounds here like a simple (rather childish) title, despite actually being a pun, and there are much clevererer puns to use. This reminds me of titles like "Sharpedo Attack" or "Poetry Commotion", which work in a similar way, and this is not a very blatent pun like they were. Does Wally/Waldo still have a big franchise in America, because today's kiddies won't really know about it.

Factory Head Noland
30th October 2005, 11:25 PM
I only know the name Waldo from various confusing Simpsons parodies.

I remember it was said in an episode of Friends, in the doctors waiting room.

"Mommy, I can't find Waldo!"

Gravy
30th October 2005, 11:27 PM
and this is not a very blatent pun like they were. Does Wally/Waldo still have a big franchise in America, because today's kiddies won't really know about it.
So what? I suspect a good majority of kids don't usually get half of the title puns anyway. I don't see why this one should be any different, even if it is more simplistic than usual~

Come to think of it, this one could pass for a japanese title :P Its on the same level as Catch Snorunt! and other such scarce simplistic titles you'll get from the original ~

Wolf Goddess
31st October 2005, 1:03 AM
Maybe its more along the lines of the Philosopher's Stone & the Sorcerer's Stone in Harry Potter

They changed Philosopher because we jerky-eating homosexual Yanks are too stoopid to understand a long word like fil-as-i-fer.

:/

Anyways, this is actually one of the better titles. I never thought that they'd make a pun off of something like this.

Jesse GS the II
31st October 2005, 4:09 AM
"Where's Armaldo?" Wow, what a dud. Even my ambiguously confusing "Jurassic Pok'" would have been better.

(Note the apostrophe after the K, insinuating that "Pok" is short for "Pokémon"...I know it's not great, but it's better than this. Maybe a more sarcastic title like "Bland of the Lost" or "Valley of the Grouchy" would have been even more superior.)

Serebii
31st October 2005, 5:26 PM
Anyone got tomorrow's on their Sky Guide?

ChaosMage
31st October 2005, 6:35 PM
Anyone got tomorrow's on their Sky Guide?
Sorry, no. Or the day after's. Anyway, I've now seen the episode and I'm not convinced. The title does rather suck (as do many lines in the episode)

Torkoal Stu
1st November 2005, 9:33 AM
Yeah it keeps saying "Ash, Brock and May continue their adventures round Hoenn" or whatever.

But as for ''Where's Armaldo'', I didn't understand the pun either since i'm english and you know its "Were's Wally" and so on, but I did remember Waldo from the Simpsons =O. Its a pretty good title purely because it says the whole point of the episode, the gang trying to find Armaldo.

I still wonder what there going to do to the Harley episode.

1st November 2005, 9:41 AM
Sky Guide shows some episodes titles and dosen't show others..... todays is not one that is shown... I will check later,but I can't now....
but I think the best would be 'a Cacturne for the worst' I can imagine that title

Thriller
1st November 2005, 3:29 PM
By England time, what time is the Harley ep going to come on?

1st November 2005, 4:10 PM
By England time, what time is the Harley ep going to come on?
5:00pm on toonami... sky channel 621

but it is best to turn on toonami around 4:56-4:57

Yesturday I turned it on at 4:59 and it was near the end of the intro....

lets just hope:
1) Harley remains as a male
2) they kept his name!

EDIT:

The dub title for the Izabe island ep is: A cacturne for the worst! as predicted

Harley's dub name is Harley! with a high voice and he is a male!

Max is short for Maximillius and Harley has a Yugioh characters dub voice. can't put my finger on it though

Cacturnes sounds like camerupt's but deeper

ChaosMage
1st November 2005, 6:37 PM
I love this title, and it was one of the better choices to make up for the previous one. Harley sounds sort of like Arkana or Espa Roba, high-pitched and creepy. It works far better than any other would have been.

kaibachaoschampion
1st November 2005, 6:37 PM
Harley has a Yugioh characters dub voice. can't put my finger on it though

Its the same VA that did Noah and Leon's voice from Yu-Gi-Oh, don't know their name though.

Jesse GS the II
1st November 2005, 10:03 PM
So Harley IS a guy? Good. Although I probably shouldn't have feared, given that the regular show isn't done by the same schmucks who did "Chronicles".

Title's all right, though I kinda suspected they'd use something like that. Probably a stronger title than my predicted "May-by, It Ain't Over 'Till It's Over", although mine does describe the episode a little better.

1st November 2005, 10:16 PM
So Harley IS a guy? Good. Although I probably shouldn't have feared, given that the regular show isn't done by the same schmucks who did "Chronicles".

Title's all right, though I kinda suspected they'd use something like that. Probably a stronger title than my predicted "May-by, It Ain't Over 'Till It's Over", although mine does describe the episode a little better.
yes Jessie, Harley is a guy, you can calm down now..... *sits Jesse in a chair*

I only got the last letter of the title wrong! worst sounds better then worse tho

Geki
1st November 2005, 10:22 PM
I like '' A Cacturne For The Worst'', it's pretty good. Well, this is the big episode, we finally will know Harley's dub name and voice, not to mention Cacturne, one of my favorite Pokemon.

ChaosMage
1st November 2005, 10:44 PM
And "Worst" makes sense because Harley is (so far) the worst coordinator personality-wise. It could work in two ways.

Sharpshooter
1st November 2005, 11:16 PM
I love "Cacturne For The Worse!", it's probably one of the rare times where 4kids manages to create a title that not of us could beat.

PAB titles looking good so far.

Gravy
2nd November 2005, 12:12 AM
Okay, so is it "Worse" or "Worst"? I'm hearning two different answers here.
It was 'worse'.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
2nd November 2005, 12:25 AM
Not the best, not the worst. Decent, I guess. Oh well, being decent is quite a feat, given the odds of it getting a terrible name. It could've had some lousy name like, "Cacturne Off the Lights!" ._.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

jolteonjak
2nd November 2005, 2:05 AM
AG 104: "Izabe Island Pokémon Contest! Beware of the Rival!!"
PAB 11: "A Cacturne For The Worse"

yay! I got one right! :)

Serebii
2nd November 2005, 1:25 PM
Any Sky Guide people have it for today? I wont be back from Uni til 5:30 so I wont be able to report immediately on it

Torkoal Stu
2nd November 2005, 1:27 PM
Nope

All the summary says is the Ash, Brock and May continue their adventures or whatever.

PiPikachu
2nd November 2005, 6:13 PM
todays ep is the oddly titled

Claydol, Big And Tall

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd November 2005, 6:15 PM
I don't get it. What does it mean?

Swellow
2nd November 2005, 6:34 PM
Well wasn't the Claydol big and tall if i recall looking at the pics. Not sure about where they got the title up. So Next Need we find out the Mawile, Another and Another right.

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd November 2005, 6:39 PM
I know it was big, I meant the Claydol bit.

Next week,we get theMawile ep, the Trapinch one and the Absol one.

jolteonjak
2nd November 2005, 6:53 PM
I wonder if its a play on the book title, "Sarah, Plain and Tall."

I don't like it to be honest. I saw someone else come up with "Valley of the Claydol" which was much better IMO.

Jesse GS the II
2nd November 2005, 9:26 PM
I wonder if its a play on the book title, "Sarah, Plain and Tall."

That'd be my guess. And it's also a spin on the Big & Tall line of clothing stores for men.

I don't like it to be honest. I saw someone else come up with "Valley of the Claydol" which was much better IMO.

That was mine. I should have known, however, that 4Kids wouldn't name an episode after a movie that's essentially soft-core pornography.

ChaosMage
2nd November 2005, 10:39 PM
I had "Valley of the Claydol" too. It's one of those titles where I just wish the episode was slightly different. "Valley of the Claydols" would have been great (and more likely) if there was more than one singke Claydol. It's like my idea of "The Absol-Minded Professor.

Kamex
3rd November 2005, 1:14 AM
This is off-topic but I've always wondered, if it's "Philosopher's Stone" in England, then how come they called it the "Sorcerer's Stone" in the movie? I mean, the movie was made by English people (...or, at least, the actors were English). Living in the U.S., it works out nicely for me, but I still think it's strange... Unless maybe it WAS the "Philosopher's Stone", and I'm mistaken...

Anyway, I agree about the latest episode title. "A Cacturne for the Worse" sounds like a great title. A pun at it's best. Although I haven't watched the episode, so I can't tell how well it matches the actual episode.

BTW, did you guys in the UK actually see it already? Sorry, I'm slow today...

Jesse GS the II
3rd November 2005, 4:10 PM
This is off-topic but I've always wondered, if it's "Philosopher's Stone" in England, then how come they called it the "Sorcerer's Stone" in the movie? I mean, the movie was made by English people (...or, at least, the actors were English). Living in the U.S., it works out nicely for me, but I still think it's strange... Unless maybe it WAS the "Philosopher's Stone", and I'm mistaken...

Those scenes in the movie were shot twice, once for British audiences using the word "Philosopher" and once for American audiences using the word "Sorcerer". But I digress.

Kamex
4th November 2005, 12:23 AM
Those scenes in the movie were shot twice, once for British audiences using the word "Philosopher" and once for American audiences using the word "Sorcerer". But I digress.
Really? Strange, sounds like a lot of effort over a simple name. But I guess they really wanted to impress their audiences (and they probably had a load of money, too).

Serebii
6th November 2005, 2:42 PM
Anyone with Sky Guide see anythin for the next couple of days?

Factory Head Noland
6th November 2005, 3:13 PM
Anyone with Sky Guide see anythin for the next couple of days?

Nope, just New Series...yada yada yada.

Torkoal Stu
7th November 2005, 6:04 PM
The Ludicolo/Mawile episode title is "Once in a Mawile".

No Comment for me as of yet.

EDIT: Beat ya Noland :p

Factory Head Noland
Japanese title: "Falling in Love with Mawile! Lombre's Flower Arrrangement!!"

Dub title: "Once In A Mawile!"

And the intro changed a little bit!

Serebii
How did it Change?

MaskedManAbsolkid
7th November 2005, 6:06 PM
Great title, I like it. It's true with the ep, I think, and it's a great pun.

Like Serebii said, how did it change?

The Big Al
7th November 2005, 6:13 PM
Yes
*Does touchdown dance*
No "Love Mawile Style" makes me haooy, even after the Lions lost yesterday.

ChaosMage
7th November 2005, 6:14 PM
It has Pikachu using an Iron Tail in one scene, but I can't remember what was there previously. There may be more changes too. For reference, Mawile has the typical soft voice and her trainer is called Samantha.

Gravy
7th November 2005, 6:19 PM
Eh, the title itself is pretty lame. Its like they didn't even try.
I was hoping for something along the lines of one that Jesse suggested. 'Love is a many hindered thing' I believe it was.

Feity
7th November 2005, 6:27 PM
*celebrates for lack of 'Love, Mawile Style!'*

MaskedManAbsolkid
7th November 2005, 6:29 PM
Eh, the title itself is pretty lame. Its like they didn't even try.
I was hoping for something along the lines of one that Jesse suggested. 'Love is a many hindered thing' I believe it was.

Lame? Even though it could be kinda lame, it's better than Love Mawile Style (which you've gotta admit is bad).

Off Topic: Your sig = greatest.

Factory Head Noland
7th November 2005, 6:30 PM
How did it Change?

One little scene was taken out and replacing it was Pikachu using Iron Tail.

I'm pretty sure it was the scene where Rukario is sitting on the tree and Mew flies around it but I'm not 100% sure...

7th November 2005, 8:14 PM
How did it Change?
there was no Manyula in the TR scene, and one of the scenes (cant remember which one, it still has them looking in the direction it was supposed to have leapted,which is weird) was replaced by Pikachu using iron tail in the night time

I do like the dub title though!

EDIT: yeah I think it was the mew and Rukario scene, I'll check later

Ice Cold Glalie
7th November 2005, 8:17 PM
How did it Change?

Manene wasn't with team rocket pikachu using iron tail instead of mew and rukario and they showed factory head noland- not sure if they showed him before- when ash is standing infront of all the factory heads. Also the black creature wasn't there- i think

PDL
7th November 2005, 8:19 PM
I guess 4kids was asked to remove the DP pokemon that haven't debut in North Amercia yet... possibly by NOA... :\

I don't have a problem with this

7th November 2005, 8:20 PM
seems like 4kids have erased the 4th generation.... and yes Noland was revealed before, and what black creature? you mean Rukario

maybe 4kids got yelled at by NOA for revealing the new pokemon

Ice Cold Glalie
7th November 2005, 8:21 PM
seems like 4kids have erased the 4th generation.... and yes Noland was revealed before, and what black creature? you mean Rukario

maybe 4kids got yelled at by NOA for revealing the new pokemon

Yeah but wasn't munchlax shown eating the flowers out fo brocks hands???

7th November 2005, 8:24 PM
Munchlax aired in the 7th movie, and Dash so it has already been anounced, they would have kept bonsly if Bonsly was in the intro

jolteonjak
7th November 2005, 8:25 PM
Thank god it wasn't "Love Mawile Style."

PDL
7th November 2005, 8:25 PM

yeah, munchlax has already been debut to the US... why else does he have the english name "Munchlax" :rolleyes:

EDIT: F/B

7th November 2005, 8:27 PM
Thank god it wasn't "Love Mawile Style."
yes thank god! if it was love mawile style like I had predicted I would have gone crazy

isn't May sexist though? was this in the origonal series?

Factory Head Noland
7th November 2005, 8:37 PM
I just watched the intro again~

Yep, Manyula has been taken away from the Team Rocket scene and even lil Manene has :( Surely Manene wasn't harming anyone just dancing with them...

And it was the scene with Rukario and Mew that was replaced with night time Iron Tail.

Gravy
7th November 2005, 8:56 PM
Really, I don't see why it was changed in the first place. They've used the opening for over 12 episodes now, so they've already spoilt everything for those who didn't know about these new pokémon to begin with.
But considering they needed to alter the opening, they should have just taken that entire Team Rocket portion out altogether. It just looks awkward the way the group suddenly get surprised and quickly turn their heads at nothing.
But then again they shouldn't have used any of the frontier opening in the first place, so....meh.

7th November 2005, 9:07 PM
Really, I don't see why it was changed in the first place. They've used the opening for over 12 episodes now, so they've already spoilt everything for those who didn't know about these new pokémon to begin with.
But considering they needed to alter the opening, they should have just taken that entire Team Rocket portion out altogether. It just looks awkward the way the group suddenly get surprised and quickly turn their heads at nothing.
But then again they shouldn't have used any of the frontier opening in the first place, so....meh.
Yeah.... but now they have already done it they kinda screwed up...they should have used synphotic melody (sp?) and Glory days

ChaosMage
7th November 2005, 10:04 PM
The Glory Days scenes would have been great to include, and I wish they had done so.

Factory Head Noland
7th November 2005, 10:59 PM
I like the Battle Frontier intro being included, it's one of the best intros and I think putting both intros together is quite a good idea.

When Advanced Battle ends they are gonna be in Kanto again anyways.

Jesse GS the II
8th November 2005, 2:31 AM
Pro: It isn't "Love, Mawile Style".
Con: It still sucks on toast.

I oughta apply for a job at 4Kids Entertainment. They need somebody with more creative talent working on the dub titles than they do right now.

8th November 2005, 6:04 PM
the dub title for the trapinch episode is:

Beg, Burrow and Steal

seems weird

ChaosMage
8th November 2005, 6:18 PM
The title is a pun on "Beg, Borrow or Steal". It was unexpected, but not bad.

MaskedManAbsolkid
8th November 2005, 6:23 PM
Does Trapinch even beg, borrow and steal in the eppy? (dumb sarcastic-ish question). Meh, doesn't really suit.

BTW, the black thing someone mentioned is where it's in the alleyway, and flies away.

ChaosMage
8th November 2005, 6:33 PM
The only missing scene is Rukario/Mew and the DP pokemon with TR were removed.

Gravy
8th November 2005, 6:37 PM
Heh, I actually like that title. The burrow part relates to the fact that for most of the episode everyone is underground, and I suppose the steal part could relate to Team Rocket's usual antics (though I doubt that was the intention in the first place)~

8th November 2005, 8:14 PM
Heh, I actually like that title. The burrow part relates to the fact that for most of the episode everyone is underground, and I suppose the steal part could relate to Team Rocket's usual antics (though I doubt that was the intention in the first place)~
what about beg?
4kids begged god to give them the gift of being able to think of better titles?

Jesse GS the II
8th November 2005, 10:00 PM
Okay, I'll admit "Beg, Burrow, and Steal" is a lot better than their usual fare. I think it might even top my predicted "Land of Illusion", which was supposed to be a pun on the Genesis song "Land of Confusion". I guess that pun is better if it's used for the first Battle Factory episode (as "Noland of Confusion").

9th November 2005, 6:15 PM
The dub title for the Absol ep was:

Absol-ute Disaster!

I was right!

Blaziken master
9th November 2005, 6:17 PM
I knew it would use absol in the pun!

MaskedManAbsolkid
9th November 2005, 6:18 PM
I was right too!

This was one of them close to obvious ones, and I love Absol too! I might miss it though, I need an x-ray on my hand...

Torkoal Stu
9th November 2005, 6:20 PM
Wow these new titles are becomming really predictable, I got Cacnaturne for the Worse, Lights Camerupt Action and this one. Well I had several guesses for this one but meh, they are getting predictable right? Or am I guess getting better at guessing?

Pretty lame but fits I guess.

Gravy
9th November 2005, 6:38 PM
A ton of people guessed that would be the title, myself included.

Did Absol retain that maximum suckage Movie 6 voice, may I ask? Y'know, the one that makes it sound like its got the voice box of a scuzzy taxi driver~

9th November 2005, 6:42 PM
A ton of people guessed that would be the title, myself included.

Did Absol retain that maximum suckage Movie 6 voice, may I ask? Y'know, the one that makes it sound like its got the voice box of a scuzzy taxi driver~
Absol's voice was realy realy deep, and I haven't seen the 6th movie so I do not know, but knowing 4kids I don't think Absol had the same voice

I predicted that one correct as well!

Gravy
9th November 2005, 7:06 PM
Absol's voice was realy realy deep, and I haven't seen the 6th movie so I do not know, but knowing 4kids I don't think Absol had the same voice
Yeah, thats definatly the 4Kids one then. It originally just growled and made other animal-ish sounds~

The Big Al
9th November 2005, 7:18 PM
I actually like this title. I mean really like it. Good for 4Kids. *watches twelve sucky titles afterwards*

Jesse GS the II
9th November 2005, 9:53 PM
Ooh, so close...but of all the "Absol-ute" puns they could have used, my predicted "Absol-utely Fabulous" was probably the least likely.

MaskedManAbsolkid
10th November 2005, 5:21 PM
Ooh, so close...but of all the "Absol-ute" puns they could have used, my predicted "Absol-utely Fabulous" was probably the least likely.

Does 'Absolutely Fabulous' even air in America? I think it would be pretty unlikely since kids don't really know about it, but knowing Vanity Affair, anything's possible. It was a good guess, though.

The title fits, I think, because I've yet to see the eppy.

Jesse GS the II
11th November 2005, 6:48 PM
Does 'Absolutely Fabulous' even air in America? I think it would be pretty unlikely since kids don't really know about it, but knowing Vanity Affair, anything's possible. It was a good guess, though.

Little kids aren't meant to understand my title predictions. I gear my puns toward a more intelligent audience with a greater knowledge of popular culture like myself. For instance, I didn't expect any kids to get "Valley of the Claydol" or "Bland of the Lost".

Sayo
29th December 2005, 5:40 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but I like the dubbed titles. Some are really funny and some are tricky. I don't care if they are predictable, at least it's better than the Japanese title (e.g. "Catch Snorunt", "Absol! Creeping Shadow Of Disaster!").

Oh, and the next episode will be dubbed "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snorunt!" and the two episodes after that will be dubbed "Do I Hear A Ralts?" and "The Great Eight Fate". My sources? My brain...

...which lead me to tv.com (http://www.tv.com).

HoennMaster
31st December 2005, 12:54 AM
You shouldn't trust your brain, then. TV.com is the new home of TV Tome, known for making up crap that doesn't exist, supplying false information, messing up casting and writing credits, and so on. Some dorkus there is lying.

Whatever, TV.com is not wrong, it is very correct in 90% of it's info, I should know, I'm a daily regular!

Phantom_Bugsy
31st December 2005, 12:55 AM
A daily regular to BS-land, huh? Good luck with that.

Serebii
31st December 2005, 1:05 AM
TV.com is a Fan Based site, its information is inputted by fans, while it may be accurate sometimes that doesnt make it infallible

Kamex
1st January 2006, 2:31 AM
Whatever, TV.com is not wrong, it is very correct in 90% of it's info, I should know, I'm a daily regular!
Perhaps 90% of a certain show's info is good, but their Pokemon info is very misleading. Sure, they may have much of the obvious stuff correct, but all the new info they get tends to be a load of bull some prankster sent in. :/

Poké_Master
1st January 2006, 2:45 AM
Perhaps 90% of a certain show's info is good, but their Pokemon info is very misleading. Sure, they may have much of the obvious stuff correct, but all the new info they get tends to be a load of bull some prankster sent in. :/

For your information, "some prankster" cannot just send in a load of bull. I am the Editor and I check submissions very closely before accepting/rejecting them.

And if the guide has a load of bull on it, that is thanks to MasterAndrew23, the previous Editor.

Kamex
1st January 2006, 4:13 AM
And if the guide has a load of bull on it, that is thanks to MasterAndrew23, the previous Editor.
When did you replace him? If it's recently, then I'm not blaming you for anything.

Just make sure the thing's accurate, contrary to its earlier reputation. >_>

Poké_Master
1st January 2006, 5:48 AM
When did you replace him? If it's recently, then I'm not blaming you for anything.

Just make sure the thing's accurate, contrary to its earlier reputation. >_>

I just replaced him a couple of days ago and I noticed that many episodes were out of order. I have fixed them through very near the end of Season 3. More will be fixed tomorrow and hopefully, I'll have the numbers accurate by Saturday the 7th. And remember, the ep numbers do not include "Beauty and the Beach," "The Legend of Dratini," "Electric Soldier Porygon," "The Ice Cave!" or "Shaking Island Battle! Barboach VS Whiscash!!"

So I am trying to make the Pokémon Guide at tv.com better and I would appreciate it if no one criticizes it any more.

Porkchopgo
1st January 2006, 10:01 AM
TV.com is a Fan Based site, its information is inputted by fans, while it may be accurate sometimes that doesnt make it infallible
urgh yeah sometimes tv.com is wrong sometimes tv.com is right oh yeah like they put mary jo catlett as mrs squarepants on there i am a member on tv.com and don't put any wrong info on the pokemon guide.

Serebii
1st January 2006, 4:37 PM
However we have had many problems with Tv.Com and its sibling site MovieTome.com just giving out loads of BS information

Porkchopgo
1st January 2006, 6:26 PM
However we have had many problems with Tv.Com and its sibling site MovieTome.com just giving out loads of BS information
i am a member on tv.com and a poke fan but don't contribute wrong info

Poké_Master
1st January 2006, 7:31 PM
i am a member on tv.com and a poke fan but don't contribute wrong info

What's your username on tv.com?

ToonKid
1st January 2006, 8:31 PM
i also go to tv.com,and it's like toonzone,serebii.net, and other sites that give out information, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong.

Porkchopgo
2nd January 2006, 10:26 AM
What's your username on tv.com?
Spongeyfan you can be pals with me if you want.

ChaosMage
2nd January 2006, 12:31 PM
I don't think th9is sort of discussion is meant for this thread. Use PM for that stuff. Anyway, tv.com has its strong and weak points, particularly the pokemon site. Just do a good job of it this time, please!

Porkchopgo
2nd January 2006, 4:52 PM
k tv.com is cool anyway. and i like pokemon it's so cool better than recess even.

ToonKid
2nd January 2006, 9:42 PM
um, ppl lets try to get bak on topic, we dont want the mods getting our heads :)

jolteonjak
2nd January 2006, 11:05 PM
According to this tv.com website, Richard Kelly is the voice of Adan (Juan to those who aren't crazy about him). Anyone have any info on him?

Serebii
2nd January 2006, 11:08 PM
Can we please stay on topic. Thank you

ToonKid
3rd January 2006, 2:26 AM
Can we please stay on topic. Thank you
yea, wat he said.

Medea
3rd January 2006, 3:43 PM
Okay I just checked toonzone and the put up the new dub title for the Snorunt episode and it's...

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt

CyberCubed
3rd January 2006, 8:34 PM
Yeah, the Snorunt one is quite long for a dub title but it's the perfect pun for the episode too.

Rezduis
3rd January 2006, 8:39 PM
Q.What will it sound like A.it will say Snorunt all the time and make me sick.....

ChaosMage
3rd January 2006, 9:25 PM
The titles are all awful. But that's just my opinion.

Alfonso
3rd January 2006, 9:31 PM
._.

Should have been 'There's no Job Like a Snow Job!' for the Snorunt episode.

[/jamesgaymoment]

ghost master
3rd January 2006, 9:38 PM
Yeah I dont think these are all that good. Hmm it seems the dub is almost catching up to when the anime aired the original episodes. Right now they are about 2 weeks off from the original airings. Just curious but, when will the new dubbers start dubbing the episodes sorry that this is a little offtopic.

ŁańkaŃ
4th January 2006, 1:43 AM
Well we finally get to see Ash capturing Snorunt, been a while for our long wait...the title is long...but it's ok...

the others are ok....as my fava ep..is the Ralts one...and i guess it's ok...

Kamex
4th January 2006, 1:52 AM
Just curious but, when will the new dubbers start dubbing the episodes sorry that this is a little offtopic.
A little late to the news, eh? There won't be any new dubbers for a heck of a long time, as I see it. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=100086)

The titles are okay, I guess. Meh.

ToonKid
4th January 2006, 1:53 AM
hmmm very intresting dubb titles

Rufinito18
4th January 2006, 4:54 AM
:( stupid ytv...after airing 3 weeks of stupid chirstmas movies....THEY AIR THE EPISODE WITH THE REFEREE! HOW DARE THEY!?

Jesse GS the II
6th January 2006, 3:25 PM
- "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snorunt": Well, I guess it's sort of my third accurate title prediction. I simply guessed "Let It Snorunt", but I suppose 4Kids didn't think that the st00pid little kids would get it without the entire lyric rather than just a play on the song title. Eh.
- "Do I Hear a Ralts?": They're not even trying anymore. The ultimate title for this episode would undoubtedly have been "Ralts-ing Matilda". I dare you to top that.
- "The Great Eight Fate": Rhyme, rhyme, everywhere a rhyme. My predicted "You Don't Mess Around With Gym" kicks this one to the curb so bad, it's not even funny.

FlamingRuby
6th January 2006, 4:56 PM
I liked my "En Gardevoir!" for the Ralts episode...

Poké_Master
6th January 2006, 7:20 PM
"En Gardevoir" is a good title! Kudos to you. I hadn't even thought up a title when they announced "Do I Hear a Ralts?"

The title they picked does fit with the episode because Max is contacted telepathically. My guess is that Max will say the title to make it make even more sense.

Ralts
17th January 2006, 8:12 AM
what is the ralts episode title a pun of? (if any)

The Phantom Thief
17th January 2006, 10:45 PM
what is the ralts episode title a pun of? (if any)

Do I Hear a Waltz?

Serebii
22nd January 2006, 3:49 PM
New Title

Episode 388
JP Title: Sootopolis Gym! Juan, Artist Of Water! Part Two
US Title: Eight Ain't Enough!

Judai Yuki
22nd January 2006, 4:04 PM
Anyway what does eight have to do with anything?Is it the badge number?

Jonouchi
22nd January 2006, 4:08 PM
Anyway what does eight have to do with anything?Is it the badge number?

Well, there are 8 badges total and this is his last badge before the Hoenn League

ghost master
22nd January 2006, 4:14 PM
Eight Ain't Enough! That really doesnt make much sense for this episode besides him trying to get the eigth gym badge.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
22nd January 2006, 4:30 PM
Eight Ain't Enough!

I guess the title is trying to say that eight badges isn't enough when you're unbeatable. But yeah, I think this is a pretty good title.

The Big Al
22nd January 2006, 6:57 PM
"Ain't ain't a word 'cause it ain't in the dictionary so ya' ain't supposed to say it." I always loved this line from my mom.

Eight ain't enough eh. Well Ash better get use to eight because it's going be his number for a good while.

ghost master
22nd January 2006, 7:15 PM
Eight ain't enough eh. Well Ash better get use to eight because it's going be his number for a good while.well actually Ash has to get 7 symbols but, this title is kinda stupid.

jolteonjak
22nd January 2006, 7:39 PM
Yah...so are all of Ash's final badge battles going to have dumb titles?

Battle for the Badge
Better Eight than Never
The Great Eight Fate
Eight Ain't Enough

C'mon...Love Sootopolis Style would have made me happy. :p

The Big Al
22nd January 2006, 8:04 PM
well actually Ash has to get 7 symbols but, this title is kinda stupid.
I'm talking about his placing in the league

Gravy
22nd January 2006, 8:09 PM
'Eight Ain't Enough' makes Ash sound like some sort of psycho obsessed with shiny metal objects. He must have more, dammit! More!

Gravy
22nd January 2006, 8:59 PM
Gravy, I love your sig pics and all, but this one's a little...disturbing.
Oh please. The belly-dancing Munchlax was a lot more questionable XP

intergalactic platypus
22nd January 2006, 10:54 PM
At least it isn't "Luvdisc, Sootoplis style". I was expecting that. Thank God

Jesse GS the II
25th January 2006, 3:38 PM
"Eight Ain't Enough" - Well, it is a pop culture reference, but it also conflicts with the episode itself (given that eight actually is enough). If they had to have something like this, it would have been better if they'd gone with my predicted "Eight Misbehavin'". It may not relate much to the plot either, but at least it's more clever than what they've got.

Factory Head Noland
28th January 2006, 9:19 PM
"Linoone! The Shape of Friendship!!" - "Showdown At Linoone!"

Airing this minute on Cartoon Network, I'm so confused with the UK episode airings! I haven't heard anything about new episodes and CN are airing them as new!

So confusing, I may just wait until they air on Toonami again, less confusing and a better time.

Jesse GS the II
28th January 2006, 10:08 PM
It's supposed to be a parody of the old Western cliche "showdown at noon". And yes, it sucks on toast. "The Thin Red Linoone" was so much better...

Magical Leaf
28th January 2006, 10:16 PM
Showdown at high noon, to be precise, so it doesn't sound too bad.

Poké_Master
28th January 2006, 10:56 PM
That's a pretty good title. Anyone know when the next episode will air in UK or more specifically, a UK schedule?

FabuVinny
28th January 2006, 11:32 PM
It looks like we will get new episodes every day on Cartoon Network until Friday.

Poké_Master
29th January 2006, 3:50 AM
Awesome! I just want to get my hands on lots of dub titles!

Thriller
29th January 2006, 5:03 AM
It looks like we will get new episodes every day on Cartoon Network until Friday.

*Is Jealous*

Looks like by Friday, May will have her Munchlax and Massamune will be in the picture, can't wait to hear his dub name.

S.Suikun
29th January 2006, 5:18 AM
And then probably right before or after the Grand Festival, the U.K. will begin a 4-month dry spell which will cause everyone to b**** and moan about no new episodes.

Serebii
29th January 2006, 10:57 AM
Also got one for the Wynaut episode...and its hideous

Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?

Torkoal Stu
29th January 2006, 11:06 AM
Ok firstly WTF? That's just lame and poor quality dub titles again.

Oh thats to both of the last two dub titles that were released.

The Big Al
29th January 2006, 12:05 PM
Depend on how Veronica says it, the Wynaut one could be funny.

Show down at Linoone on the other hand his just cheesey with no comic value.

I just hope Channel 58 has pulled their heads out of their rears so I can see them.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
29th January 2006, 12:55 PM
Showdown at Linoone: A bit more creative than some Titles, but meh, nothing spectacular.

Who, What, Where, When, Wynaut?: Hilarious XD That's gotta be one of the best Dub Titles I've heard in a long while.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Poké_Master
29th January 2006, 5:37 PM
I agree with you! ^^

ChaosMage
29th January 2006, 5:43 PM
I had "Pick-Up Linoone" and "Secrets and Leichis", two of my better ones actually. How is Linoone pronounced? I've missed all these airings, and I've only just caught up with the Snorunt and Ralts episodes!

Lil Brother
29th January 2006, 5:48 PM
Lie-noon.

Haha, WWWWW is the best dub title in all of AG so far. :P

CyberCubed
29th January 2006, 6:09 PM
LMAO @ Wynaut episode.

It would make a lot more sense for May to say that dub title, since she'll sound hilarious saying "Who, What, Where, Why, Wynaut?" and plus she's the star of that ep too.

It would be nice for May to say the title of some episodes like she does in the Japanese version, mostly for the Contests or other episodes where she stars in, like this one.

I mean heck, if 4kids got Ash to sing the dub title for one ep, why can't May, (who is Veronica Taylor so it's the same person anyway) do this one?

MaskedManAbsolkid
29th January 2006, 6:23 PM
Ash has done loads, Max has done a few, so it's possible for May to do one.

To both titles: Meh.

Jesse GS the II
29th January 2006, 6:55 PM
"Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut" - I think they could have put a little more effort into this. "Wynaut We Be Friends" at least makes you think for a second.

S.Suikun
29th January 2006, 7:02 PM
Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut? - *Adds to list of so-bad-it's-good dub titles along with 'Nice Pryce Baby', 'Machoke, Machoke Man', and 'The Garden of Eatin'*
Prediction: Days of Wynaut and Roses

PDL
29th January 2006, 8:14 PM
WWWWWynaut has to be the most akward title ever...

can't wait to hear Veronica say that mouthful...

ChaosMage
29th January 2006, 9:13 PM
This is easily the worst title since "Hokey Pokeballs", and that takes a lot! There are so many great ideas here, what's wrong with something good?

FabuVinny
29th January 2006, 10:05 PM
WWWWWynaut has to be the most akward title ever...

can't wait to hear Veronica say that mouthful...It is done one word at a time.

This is just a more complicated version of Why Wynaut? from Johto.

Jo-Jo
30th January 2006, 2:25 AM
FabuVinny, you've already seen it? Does that mean it's aired in Britain?

MaskedManAbsolkid
30th January 2006, 5:04 PM
FabuVinny, you've already seen it? Does that mean it's aired in Britain?

There's a topic on this called 'Snorunt!!!'. Yes, very confusing, there was nothing on it.

Showdown at Linoone: Between.
WWWWWynaut: Who do people say it's bad? I think it's creative. Why compare it with Hokey Pokeballs?

Kageryuu
30th January 2006, 5:16 PM
Actually they're not that bad, even though it is a bit bad, but it isn't as bad as Hokey Pokeballs.

Gravy
30th January 2006, 5:27 PM
They're both crap if you ask me.
ChaosMage's suggestion of 'Pick-Up Linoone' kicks their title out of the water and beats it 16 times with an oar.
WWWWW should have been 'Stuck in The Mirage With You' :P

I still don't get why people dislike 'Hokey Pokéballs' either, since it was at least relevent to the storyline of that episode. Seriously, if you want something truely horriffic, just look at 'Nice Pryce Baby'.

ChaosMage
30th January 2006, 5:48 PM
And, of course "Now that's Flower Power!", which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a rip-off of a previous title.

Gravy
30th January 2006, 8:32 PM
The Donphan ep is now known as 'Date Expectations'.

FYI, Masato says the Donphan are in their 'dating season'. Can't they say mating season now or something? :/

FlamingRuby
30th January 2006, 8:37 PM
That doesn't sound too bad...

My prediction: Rock and Rollout!

30th January 2006, 8:42 PM
That doesn't sound too bad...

My prediction: Rock and Rollout!
my prediction too

but it is an acceptable title, seeing as the ep is about love!

but, max saying 'Dating season'.... why can't they say Mating season? Animals go into mating season all the time!

Serebii
30th January 2006, 8:43 PM
Better than the often predicted "Love, Donphan Style" :p

PDL
30th January 2006, 8:57 PM
FYI, Masato says the Donphan are in their 'dating season'. Can't they say mating season now or something? :/

WTF... they were able to say "Mating Season" in Forest Grumps...

that makes no sense at all @_@

Neopolis
30th January 2006, 9:31 PM
Oh, dear, what if the kids find out what 'mating' is? That'd be just horrible. Let's replace it by 'dating', because all the kids know what THAT is, and it's much more immature then 'mating'. [/dubber]

ChaosMage
30th January 2006, 9:41 PM
My prediction was "Donphan in the Dumps", but this is OK. BTW, when are these Toonami episodes airing? My brain hurts trying to find them!

jolteonjak
30th January 2006, 10:32 PM
The Donphan ep is now known as 'Date Expectations'.

That's the worst dub title out of the 3 recently revealed. :(

Jesse GS the II
30th January 2006, 10:57 PM
"Date Expectations" - Had it been "Mate Expectations", it would have been far better and more fitting, but this one just feels dumbed down. I still think my predicted "Shine On, You Crazy Donphan" was the best possible route to take.

Thriller
30th January 2006, 11:25 PM
Hmm wasn't there a dub title called "Great Expectations?" Or am I thinking of another show.

S.Suikun
30th January 2006, 11:30 PM
You're thinking of something else.

"Date Expectations" - I dunno...every title after the Snorunt episode has been pretty mediocre so far. This isn't all that great of an episode anyways, though, so at least they didn't stick a good episode with something that lame.
Prediction: Shake, Rattle, and Rollout

Thriller
30th January 2006, 11:46 PM
Oh, I remember, "Great Expectations" was an episode name for South Park.

Aptenodytes
31st January 2006, 2:22 AM
Wow that is a very plain name. Great Expectations sounds like a title you would hear on barney :o

Jesse GS the II
31st January 2006, 4:26 AM
Oh, I remember, "Great Expectations" was an episode name for South Park.

"Great Expectations" is also the name of one of Charles Dickens' most well-known* novels.

*At least it's well-known outside the Serebii Forums, just like every other popular culture reference I make. I'm really getting sick and tired of being smarter than everybody.

Heracross
31st January 2006, 5:02 AM
I'm also rather surprised how many people didn't seem to know that.

Thriller
31st January 2006, 5:04 AM
Hmmm now that you mention it, I have heard of a Dickens book called that.

Andromache
31st January 2006, 10:42 AM
"Great Expectations" was also made into a movie, I believe, but I never saw it since Hollywood tends to suck the soul out of books when they make movies most of the time. At least, the assertion holds true for books that are nineteenth century and older. Modern books do better.

Gravy
31st January 2006, 2:22 PM
*At least it's well-known outside the Serebii Forums, just like every other popular culture reference I make. I'm really getting sick and tired of being smarter than everybody.

Not that I disagree with your statement about being smarter than most people here, but since when does a wide knowledge of pop culture determine one's intelligence? :P

Poké_Master
31st January 2006, 2:30 PM
What time are these episodes airing in Britain?

Jesse GS the II
31st January 2006, 5:38 PM
Not that I disagree with your statement about being smarter than most people here, but since when does a wide knowledge of pop culture determine one's intelligence? :P

It's not just pop culture I know a lot about, but it is the area in which I'm most proficient, and it's those kind of references that show up a lot in my posts (i.e. the "Predict the New Dub Titles" thread; the homages made to various movies and TV shows in my "Intensity" fanfics; etc.). And a lot of people tend not to understand them.

Of course, your typical poster around here is an arrogant 12-year-old who thinks he could beat Satoshi with his team full of ubers and who only watches the show to drool over Haruka's breasts, so I like to think of myself as a little higher above them in the department of general intelligence. It doesn't take a vast knowledge of pop culture to know that.

Jo-Jo
31st January 2006, 7:09 PM
That's nice for you. I rather suspect quite a lot of people knew that Charles Dickens wrote 'Great Expectations', but hey.

Torkoal Stu
31st January 2006, 7:40 PM
My prediction was "Donphan in the Dumps", but this is OK. BTW, when are these Toonami episodes airing? My brain hurts trying to find them!
They are on Cartoon Network (UK) every evening at 7pm and they randomly repeat on Toonami, but Toonami goes one step too far and repeats the repeat again. Like the Ralts episode 3 times! Gets a bit tiresome, so I just watch them at the weekend and hope for the best, but i've missed so many D: *prayers for sky one to return*

As for the title well I don't really see the point of the word date in there, I mean dating season WTF? If it was mating season it would of been much better, I guess the dub titles are going back to bad again. The last title I liked was the Snorunt one, and even that I sort of hated >_>;

Serebii
31st January 2006, 8:07 PM
According to the Schedule on the Toonami, the episode of Advanced Battle today aired at 6:30 o,o

Actually I just got the KWB Schedule and I have the titles for 394-400 (They're skipping 391, 392, 393 for some reason and yes I am aware about the Clip show being missed :p)

Episode 394: Berry, Berry, Interesting!
Episode 395: Less Is Morrison! (Masamune's US Name revealed)
Episode 396: The Ribbon Cup Caper
Episode 398: Hi Ho Silver Wind!
Episode 399: Deceit And Assist!
Episode 400: Rhapsody In Drew

Gravy
31st January 2006, 8:43 PM
First Pacifidlog Contest = Mean With Envy

Eriko has been renamed to Erika and ...err...whatshisface has been renamed to Joshua.

Magical Leaf
31st January 2006, 8:48 PM
Morrison?

Morrison!?

Thank you, 4Kids, for ruining a half decent character. Nobodies going to take him seriously now, with a crappy name like that...

Still, the titles for 398 to 400 aren't that bad, the rest I couldn't care about though.

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:03 PM
Morrison as Masamune is far worse than skipping a contest we know May won anyway. Morrison >__>!

Connor
31st January 2006, 9:03 PM
Who's Morrison?

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:07 PM
Who's Morrison?

Masamunes dub name >__>. Everytime I hear it I'll shake my head in disgust. I hope they do air May's contest but KidsWb are idiots.

Connor
31st January 2006, 9:08 PM
Ok. Is Masamune also known as someone I hear about alot called "Harley"? Boiy I must sound stupid.

Kabuto
31st January 2006, 9:10 PM
Masamune is Ash's Hoenn league opponent >__> Houndoom is one of my favorites but I'd gauge my eyes with lemon juice rather than seeing it beaten by her demon Skitty (like a certain Dusclops).

Connor
31st January 2006, 9:11 PM
Oh. Ok. (too short)