PDA

View Full Version : The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Demonic
20th June 2006, 8:54 AM
argh my borther stole my game >< so now i have to order a new one argh oh well might get luckier ? ill still be after treeko thou....

MetalMario
20th June 2006, 9:22 AM
o_0

What's stopping you from getting it back?

~2304 Treeckos. Haven't even seen a Zigzagoon yet.

valkyrion8_7
20th June 2006, 3:01 PM
caught my first purposefull shiny yesterday, tis was a rayquaza which i was determined to get cause its black and i love black, anyway i started on sunday morning at 10 and going right through the day till 10 o'clock at night soft resetting i hadnt seen it. yesterday four soft resets in and there it was, i was so frigging happy and now im going for a shiny beldum

apmastersite
20th June 2006, 3:33 PM
what is the exact percentage of encountering a shiny. I"ve caught three so far but after starting over a game and trading it into one that i never start over.

Golden_Latias
20th June 2006, 3:38 PM
There's a 1/8192 chance of encountering a shiny.

Tumbleweed
20th June 2006, 3:55 PM
I saw my first Shiny Pokemon in my Fire Red Version today...
Except it was a trainer's Mewoth in Trainer Tower *dies*

Jon_Sly
20th June 2006, 4:11 PM
caught my first purposefull shiny yesterday, tis was a rayquaza which i was determined to get cause its black and i love black, anyway i started on sunday morning at 10 and going right through the day till 10 o'clock at night soft resetting i hadnt seen it. yesterday four soft resets in and there it was, i was so frigging happy and now im going for a shiny beldum

WTG on your new shiny. Your not even going to spend some time using your new shiny? Man you shiny hunters are messed. Never using a single one.

Champion Jared 14
20th June 2006, 4:16 PM
caught my first purposefull shiny yesterday, tis was a rayquaza which i was determined to get cause its black and i love black, anyway i started on sunday morning at 10 and going right through the day till 10 o'clock at night soft resetting i hadnt seen it. yesterday four soft resets in and there it was, i was so frigging happy and now im going for a shiny beldumCool, nice one. I don't think I'd have the patience to reset for a shiny Rayquaza. I haven't tried, I only reseted to get a modest one. And, I did.

valkyrion8_7
20th June 2006, 4:21 PM
WTG on your new shiny. Your not even going to spend some time using your new shiny? Man you shiny hunters are messed. Never using a single one.

ahahaha im going to use it once i get it to fire red and then im gonna ev train it

Jon_Sly
20th June 2006, 4:28 PM
yah we all see those shiny's in trainner tower, Shiny mewoth,espeon and seaking and something else I forget. Fire Red is pissing me off so I gave it back to my brother as its his. I think I might buy leaf green yah I know WASTE OF MONEY lol but I just love playing as that foxy female. Almost as good as playing with Wes.

Jon_Sly
20th June 2006, 4:39 PM
ahahaha im going to use it once i get it to fire red and then im gonna ev train it

why in fire red? other then the teams being higher.

valkyrion8_7
20th June 2006, 4:43 PM
thats the one i use more often and the one ive clocked up more hours on it.

Jon_Sly
20th June 2006, 4:46 PM
thats the one i use more often and the one ive clocked up more hours on it.

Thats like me and my emerald.

valkyrion8_7
20th June 2006, 4:59 PM
how long did it take for you to get a shiny aggron?

Demonic
20th June 2006, 5:59 PM
i cnt cause my bro tried a water glitch so it wnt work now...so i orderd another off gameplay oh well another cart maybe new luck ?

pelican
20th June 2006, 6:15 PM
Pictures of my shiny Abra are available on the Link Elfe's website at :
http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Page%20Shiney%20Membre%20Pelican.htm
Thanks to the webmaster : Link Elfe :)

Golden_Latias
20th June 2006, 6:23 PM
Did you just get the Abra?

ShinyFufu
20th June 2006, 6:42 PM
Wow, Pelican, are shiny charmanders have the same nature!

And you must have a lot of MasterBalls, since u have so many games, right?

amulekbird
20th June 2006, 7:24 PM
YOUR BROTHER TRIED A WATER GLITCH?!! That's absolutely hiliarious (in a sad sort of way). I hope your new game brings you better luck! Also, give it a day or two and see if your old cart works once it's dry.

Jon_Sly
20th June 2006, 7:26 PM
Why would someone put a game into water!?!?!? I swear some people just deserve to die for there own stupidity lol. They will be the end of us all probly. Nuke button OPPS someone presses it nukes like america world war 3 begins and they nuke everything including themselves lol.

Mr_Confused
20th June 2006, 7:35 PM
well im soft resetting for a shiny eevee done about 300

SneazzL.com
20th June 2006, 8:10 PM
Lol ''lets dope our game in the water so we gonna get a shiny'' lol >> IQ=0.01

Demonic
20th June 2006, 9:31 PM
wat i dident do it my brother did >< i dident kno he had my game hes a chav lol hes gay and was windin me up and he didt do a water glitch he dropped it in his coke trying to do one thinkin it was his leaf green >< im not insane .....

Gliese
20th June 2006, 9:32 PM
Well I got back to playing my pokemon games!

Right now im catching every pokemon on every route(that I dont have yet)in hopes for a random shiny.Im also gonna train my team in the wild with more members in hopes of a shiny.

Edit: Demonic I wish you luck.and your bro is a retard.

Demonic
20th June 2006, 9:34 PM
cool good luck at least you have a pokemon game my F****in Brother messed myn up cause he thought i stole his leaf green

ShinyFufu
20th June 2006, 10:10 PM
I wanna get a shiny Hoppip... they look so awesome as Jumpluff...

Pelican, tell your son I said congrats :D

ShinyFufu
20th June 2006, 11:31 PM
Hey guys, guess what?!? MY BROTHER SAW A SHINY VULPIX!!! It has a perfect nature(Calm) and I caught it for him without even weakening it, in a Poke Ball. I caught it for him at lvl 16, but we don't know the IVs, yet.

Crypted Wolf
20th June 2006, 11:34 PM
My brother cagught A shiny Rayquzaya. But it was a Relaxed Nature :\.

ShinyFufu
20th June 2006, 11:46 PM
Here are the average IVs for Vulpix:

HP:3
Atk:28
Def:23
SAtk:10
SDef:17
Speed:29

DarkSpectrum
20th June 2006, 11:59 PM
Here are the average IVs for Vulpix:

HP:3
Atk:28
Def:23
SAtk:10
SDef:17
Speed:29
nice on speed and decent on defense..... damn that's low for spatk
I think ima start SR'ing here soon on the leaf green a friend gave me....
prolly for a charmander....or squirtle... either of em look good (don't suggest bulba cuz the typing is horrible and the shiny factor would not make up for it in my mind).

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 12:08 AM
Hey guys, guess what?!? MY BROTHER SAW A SHINY VULPIX!!! It has a perfect nature(Calm) and we caught it without even weakening it, in a Poke Ball. I caught it for him at lvl 16, but we don't know the IVs, yet.

Good Job! I think modest would of been a perfect nature though but I am all about power lol.

ShinyFufu
21st June 2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I am proud of him and myself becuz he said he wants to be a shiny hunter now.

DarkSpectrum
21st June 2006, 12:16 AM
Good Job! I think modest would of been a perfect nature though but I am all about power lol.
calm works if you wanna use it as a special wall
modest works if u wanna use it as a special sweeper
vulpix as a special wall...... o.O well.... i suppose it could work LOL

ShinyFufu
21st June 2006, 1:14 AM
Calm>Modest for Vulpix cuz Vulpix/Ninetales has no special movepool whatsoever. Only good attacks it can learn for sweeping are Flamethrower, Faint Attack, and HP. Oh well, at least it is shiny!

Golden_Latias
21st June 2006, 1:19 AM
Tell your brother I said congrats. Ninetales is an awesome shiny! Looks like a nine-tailed, red-eyed ghost fox.

goldfly2005
21st June 2006, 1:47 AM
ya congrats!two shiny fires so soon... maybe you can get him to trade it to you!!

Champion Jared 14
21st June 2006, 1:56 AM
Shiny vulpix looks really cool! I wish my next shiny would hurry up and appear already, I'm losing more of my fragile patience.

ShinyFufu
21st June 2006, 2:28 AM
Nah, I've told him how rare shiny pokemon, and that he should not trade shiny pokemon for anything(unless someone offers him a pokemon with near all max IVs), so I don't think I'll get him to trade it to him. Besides, it is his first shiny pokemon!

[AceAussie]
21st June 2006, 2:44 AM
um a quick question when going after a shiny porygon can i get it straight from the game shop thingy or do i have to breed it coz if i did that would really make me mad..

Whompithian
21st June 2006, 2:48 AM
um a quick question when going after a shiny porygon can i get it straight from the game shop thingy or do i have to breed it coz if i did that would really make me mad..
It is possible to get a shiny Porygon straight from the Game Center prize exchange.

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 5:19 AM
OMFG YES YES YES I JUST GOT A CLAYDOL SPECIALY COLORED!!!! Master balled it right away in fear of the selfdestrion I hate so much! NO ******* WILL ESCAPE MY WRATH WITH THAT MOVE! I been in sky tower for so long. I don't mind it its better then some other stuff. Its a brave nature.

IV's EWWW not that great but could be worse
HP 23
Att: 17
Defense: 19
Special attack: 9
sp def: 11
Speed: 1

Horrible speed but claydol isn't ment for speed and it doesn't use special so I can live with this. My 3rd shiny from EMERALD OH YAH!

Thank god I transfer over my master ball to emerald the other day.

Champion Jared 14
21st June 2006, 5:27 AM
OMFG YES YES YES I JUST GOT A CLAYDOL SPECIALY COLORED!!!! Master balled it right away in fear of the selfdestrion I hate so much! NO ******* WILL ESCAPE MY WRATH WITH THAT MOVE! I been in sky tower for so long. I don't mind it its better then some other stuff. Its a brave nature.

IV's EWWW not that great but could be worse
HP 23
Att: 17
Defense: 19
Special attack: 9
sp def: 11
Speed: 1

Horrible speed but claydol isn't ment for speed and it doesn't use special so I can live with this. My 3rd shiny from EMERALD OH YAH!

Thank god I transfer over my master ball to emerald the other day.Wow, specially colored, lol. Psyche, congrats anyway. I've always liked shiny claydols for some strange reason, weird. Dangit, when when my next shiny BE??? *beats up game*

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 5:29 AM
Wow, specially colored, lol. Psyche, congrats anyway. I've always liked shiny claydols for some strange reason, weird. Dangit, when when my next shiny BE??? *beats up game*

Thanks I hate defensive pokemon though so what to do with this thing lol.

I was looking for a shiny Golbat or Banette but its ok with me.

corsolakid
21st June 2006, 5:33 AM
Wow, specially colored, lol. Psyche, congrats anyway. I've always liked shiny claydols for some strange reason, weird. Dangit, when when my next shiny BE??? *beats up game*

consider yourself lucky, my FIRST shiny hasn't even made an appearence. my only shinies have be traded to me from others! the only shiny i've seen, was in battle pyramid! ok... calm, calm, breathe... i'm ok, i'm gonna plant some berries and then i'm gonna go hatch more ponyta eggs in a sad attempt to get a shiny! later!

corsolakid ;222;

oh yah, John_Sly, congrats! shiny Claydol is great!

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 5:40 AM
consider yourself lucky, my FIRST shiny hasn't even made an appearence. my only shinies have be traded to me from others! the only shiny i've seen, was in battle pyramid! ok... calm, calm, breathe... i'm ok, i'm gonna plant some berries and then i'm gonna go hatch more ponyta eggs in a sad attempt to get a shiny! later!

corsolakid ;222;

oh yah, John_Sly, congrats! shiny Claydol is great!

Thanks and theres no H ;026; URG THUNDERBOLT HIM RAICHU! Why do all my shinies have evil attacks to screw me over first was roar which failed on me used oddly lol and then whirlwind never got a chance to use it and now selfdestruct yesh!

Good thing I had my sound on as I only noticed from the bling sound. As I was doing something online while trainning my jolten at the same time.

HelicopterPilot
21st June 2006, 6:03 AM
Hmm, beat my Sapphire and I am starting to Soft Reset for a Shiny Rayquaza.

Over 200 eggs for Charmander. Should I go for the shiny Rayquaza or Shiny Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard.

OR should I give even efforts to each Shiny.

pelican
21st June 2006, 12:38 PM
Wow, Pelican, are shiny charmanders have the same nature!

And you must have a lot of MasterBalls, since u have so many games, right?
1) no 2 examples : http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Page%20Shiney%20Membre%20Estoto.htm#DRACAUFEU,
picture : http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Images%20taille%20affichage/Shineys%20Estoto/Dracaufeu%20GBA.jpg
and : http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Page%20Shiney%20Membre%20Spirit%20Love.htm#DRACAUF EU,
picture : http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Images%20taille%20affichage/Shineys%20Spirit%20Love/Dracaufeu%20GBA.jpg

2) yes, and I have also Colosseum where masterball can be saved. :)

Larvitar
21st June 2006, 4:20 PM
I'm currently looking for a shiny Tangela in Fire Red. Even though it is a quite crappy Pokémon, I like it - and the shiny form looks cool!
Plus I've never seen one with one before.

Wish me luck :D

pelican
21st June 2006, 4:46 PM
You can try to find in page 1 of this topic if somebody has one : http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=104800

pelican
21st June 2006, 4:51 PM
Thanks for him MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon. :)

I wanna get a shiny Suicune :lol

Larvitar
21st June 2006, 5:05 PM
No shiny Tangela there :P Better go searching :D

Demonic
21st June 2006, 5:25 PM
yey i got my new emearld through the post and my bro had to pay for it lol well anyway heres my new stats
Player : Dan
time : 0:02
badges :0
New Trainer Id :13930
anyway with treeko should i start my count at 0 or continue from 25,000 ?

amulekbird
21st June 2006, 5:26 PM
Continue from 25,000 of course.

Demonic
21st June 2006, 5:28 PM
cheers dude :D well im resetin now anyway since ive done 25,000 shouldent that mean i still have the same luck anyway so id still be on 25,000 ? cause the values dnt change ?

corsolakid
21st June 2006, 5:38 PM
i'm back onto the shiny Ponyta hunt. I'm getting three boxes of eggs, theni'm gonna hatch them; so far, i'm at one full box. wish me luck! (either on the thread, or to yourself, i know y'all wish me luck)

corsolakid ;222;

Demonic
21st June 2006, 5:44 PM
hey im usally on the other fourms but i have fire red and am gonna breed for a charmander :D on my fire red that is and im gonna reset for eevee very soon 2 :D yey

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 5:55 PM
Good luck Demonic! Hope this game pack is more lucky!

Demonic
21st June 2006, 6:00 PM
cheers dude me 2 :D im sure ill be ok btw everyone i made a fourm dedicated to my treeko cause im sad and to advertise i mean share i am now takin trainer card requests there gettin better and ill take about 45 mins to make em once i sign in and check so plz be patcient but ill make em look good thx again and ill start restin im puttin 5 hours aside each day now after i get my c/w done etc im 15 :D yey im so sad playin pokemon but it owns and i dnt care if people ask do u like pokemon im like yer so ? i dnt care its wat i like so go away lol

Larvitar
21st June 2006, 6:01 PM
Good luck on the Ponyta, corsolakid - and on the Charmander, Demonic.

Still going for that Tangela :D Luckily, it's the only Pokémon in the grass on Route 21, so.. I'm going for it :D

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 6:03 PM
Fire Red is evil I tell you! It refused to give me a shiny no matter how hard I try. Its like Demonic and his Treeko search! Then again emerald took me 150 hours just to see my first shiny but I wasn't looking that whole time either so in fire red I was.

corsolakid
21st June 2006, 6:05 PM
good luck, heyadj, i might go for a Tangela eventually, it looks really cool. and i agree, it's not all that powerful, but i love it! and Demonic, don't give up, if you even THINK about giving up, well, i can't do anything to you and it'd be morally wrong anyway, but i'll yell alot. =D

corsolakid ;222;

Golden_Latias
21st June 2006, 6:06 PM
o.O Demonic, there are people here older than both of us (I'm 15) that like Pokemon.

On-Topic:Jon_Sly, congrats on the shiny Claydol!

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 6:07 PM
o.O Demonic, there are people here older than both of us (I'm 15) that like Pokemon.

On-Topic:Jon_Sly, congrats on the shiny Claydol!

Thanks alot and I am 19 and still like pokemon games. I like what I like. Its not like people won't be my friends cause I like playing pokemon games.

Golden_Latias
21st June 2006, 6:17 PM
As you can tell from my sig, Porygon is next. But before I go for Porygon, there is something I have to take care of.

I tried going for a shiny Porygon earlier. I spent all my money on getting coins for it. However, I accidently kept a regular Porygon somehow, so I wasted all my coins and all my money. So I'm using the Vs. Seeker to battle some other trainiers. On the bright side, this is a good opportunity to train my current shinies.

shiny articuno master
21st June 2006, 6:21 PM
good idea i should raise my shiny muk and my shiny articuno at lv.70

shiny articuno master
21st June 2006, 6:22 PM
i dont realy care about shiny mightiena i might even trade it

xPokerusx
21st June 2006, 6:32 PM
I finnaly got my fire red and started summer on monday after i graduated (going to highschool). Since i got it back i can finnaly softreset for my dratini.

Also i see the pokerus is spreading. :)

Comray001
21st June 2006, 6:38 PM
Im searching for a shiny Bagon. This could take a while......

corsolakid
21st June 2006, 6:39 PM
Im searching for a shiny Bagon. This could take a while......

it's easier to hatch for it, why search? it's already hard to find, let alone find a shiny one!

corsolakid ;222;

Comray001
21st June 2006, 6:40 PM
Yeah thats true. I'll do that

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 6:49 PM
it's easier to hatch for it, why search? it's already hard to find, let alone find a shiny one!

corsolakid ;222;

I find them all the time. There alot easier to find then hatch eggs off.

WhiteWizard42
21st June 2006, 6:53 PM
bagon eggs take 10240 steps to hatch. if he runs into them faster than he hatches them, then it's a better way.

i'd prefer breeding, anyway, so i could have more control over moves/IVs/nature, but that's just me.

Levski
21st June 2006, 6:59 PM
Yes, Bagon eggs are of the group which take the longest to hatch. It's your choice though.

corsolakid
21st June 2006, 7:03 PM
bagon eggs take 10240 steps to hatch. if he runs into them faster than he hatches them, then it's a better way.

i'd prefer breeding, anyway, so i could have more control over moves/IVs/nature, but that's just me.

'course, if you have Emerald, it's only 5120. i prefer breeding, i find it a pain to search in the wild for something because you can find other pokemon, not just what you're looking for, therefore, it opens up the possabilities that you son'w get the shiny that you want. i'm not saying that it's a horrible thing to find the wrong shiny, but what if he finds a shiny Solrock? they aren't much different from a normal solrock. that's why i prefer breeding, plus, it calms me.

corsolakid ;222;

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 7:06 PM
'course, if you have Emerald, it's only 5120. i prefer breeding, i find it a pain to search in the wild for something because you can find other pokemon, not just what you're looking for, therefore, it opens up the possabilities that you son'w get the shiny that you want. i'm not saying that it's a horrible thing to find the wrong shiny, but what if he finds a shiny Solrock? they aren't much different from a normal solrock. that's why i prefer breeding, plus, it calms me.

corsolakid ;222;

Shiny Solrock is red! Thats a big difference in viewing wise. Unless you don't count that. Plus its eyes are blue.

matrix_Logic
21st June 2006, 8:23 PM
I'm now going after a shiny eevee. I will have to breed for months...*cries* I wanna Shiny Vaporeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;134;

ShinyFufu
21st June 2006, 8:55 PM
^Do you really have all those shiny pokemon in your sig?

DeathShadowX
21st June 2006, 9:05 PM
Umm...hi, I'm new here. I don't want to look through all the search results for this, so sorry if this has been ask. I've been spending most of the beginning (some 13 hours into the game but only beat the third gym) looking for a shiny Ralts. Giving up, I went on until the breeding center. I'm wondering did anyone successfully hatched a shiny Ralts, Aron (another I'm looking for), or just any shiny in general? Thanks.

Zabi
21st June 2006, 9:50 PM
I am gonna be going for one of the best shinys in Colo, Sneasel, and maybe go for Entei, the colors on it are pwnage!

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 9:59 PM
Well another day at the Sky Pillar. Didn't expect anything as I just got a shiny less then 24 hours ago so oh well. At least my mewtwo gained to lvl 100 with 443 special attack might I add OWNAGE lol. Oh shiny golbat I caught 3 of you in silver and gold why won't you show yourself! Like your everywhere come on!

Fish Sticks
21st June 2006, 9:59 PM
Seriously.. Me and a friend were in this discussion this afternoon, because i snagged the growlithe on XD and it was more looking like the shiney than the full red growlithe... he is now purified and we still can't tell -.-

So does anybody can verify what a normal growlithe looks like on XD?

GrassTrainerKenta
21st June 2006, 10:00 PM
*Hides sig from Lionheart >> <<;*

I didn't mention this in my sig, but I'm pausing on SRing from Colosseum... since I want my Sneasel to be level 5... but I'll reset here and that.

Good luck with everyone's hunts.

Jon_Sly
21st June 2006, 10:02 PM
Seriously.. Me and a friend were in this discussion this afternoon, because i snagged the growlithe on XD and it was more looking like the shiney than the full red growlithe... he is now purified and we still can't tell -.-

So does anybody can verify what a normal growlithe looks like on XD?

If its shiny the 2 gold orbs will go around it when you send it out. If it doesn't then its normal. Preety simple.

Zera
21st June 2006, 10:09 PM
still hunting for charmander, i'll keep at it, i'm hoping to get it before D/P make it to the U.S.

Golden_Latias
21st June 2006, 10:12 PM
I'm now going after a shiny eevee. I will have to breed for months...*cries* I wanna Shiny Vaporeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;134;
*hides Mist from you*

Zera, considering your previous luck, you'll get shiny Charmander and more by D/P.

Zabi
21st June 2006, 10:21 PM
*Hides sig from Lionheart >> <<;*

I didn't mention this in my sig, but I'm pausing on SRing from Colosseum... since I want my Sneasel to be level 5... but I'll reset here and that.

Good luck with everyone's hunts.
Oh, I didn't know you were going for one too...if you want me too, I will stop searching for it...

Scot_82
21st June 2006, 10:21 PM
While SR for a shiny starter in Ruby, I saw a shiny Poochyena =( Me wants a shiny. I haven't had one in ages!

ShinyFufu
21st June 2006, 10:25 PM
Oh, I thought i already posted this, but when I get to Celadon, I will SR for Eevee for two weeks. If I don't get it, I will just come back after I beat the E4. I will also SR for Abra for two weeks. Hopefully, I will get them both.

eDiT: My lil' bro suggested this, but I may also soft reset for Dratini once i get to Celadon. However, I am not sure if I will do this cuz I will already be bored with SRing for Eevee and Abra(unless I get them shiny) so I will SR for him for only about a week.

Crypted Wolf
21st June 2006, 10:27 PM
Resets: 240 and no latios yet :(.

Demonic
21st June 2006, 10:27 PM
dnt worry i came across 6 shiny zigzgoons in emearld so far and no shiny treeko i hav a new emearld now long story and ive done about 100 resets so thats 25,850 resets

GrassTrainerKenta
21st June 2006, 10:53 PM
Oh, I didn't know you were going for one too...if you want me too, I will stop searching for it...

No! No! :(

I didn't mean it like that Lionheart! ^^; I was just joking... trust me, I don't care. I should have mentioned it though... I'm sorry. ^^;

Besides, I'm glad someone else likes Sneasel's Shiny Form as well... so it's okay.

Zabi
21st June 2006, 11:17 PM
No! No! :(

I didn't mean it like that Lionheart! ^^; I was just joking... trust me, I don't care. I should have mentioned it though... I'm sorry. ^^;

Besides, I'm glad someone else likes Sneasel's Shiny Form as well... so it's okay.
ok, I will go for it too, as soon as I get an Entei! Good Luck to you!

Kyrix
22nd June 2006, 12:38 AM
I'm new here and I just want to say I have a shiny charizard, crobat, metagross, sableye, and golduck. And currently searching for shiny rayquaza and shiny ditto

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 12:46 AM
Oh, I thought i already posted this, but when I get to Celadon, I will SR for Eevee for two weeks. If I don't get it, I will just come back after I beat the E4. I will also SR for Abra for two weeks. Hopefully, I will get them both.

eDiT: My lil' bro suggested this, but I may also soft reset for Dratini once i get to Celadon. However, I am not sure if I will do this cuz I will already be bored with SRing for Eevee and Abra(unless I get them shiny) so I will SR for him for only about a week.
Meh. I only SR or Breed for 3 days before I quit. It seems easier to find other places where the pokemon you want are and then just train. You'll run into one sooner or later.

Kreis
22nd June 2006, 12:51 AM
i have a feeling im never gona find shiny moltres....i think all my luck ran out...

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 12:58 AM
i have a feeling im never gona find shiny moltres....i think all my luck ran out...
Just keep SRing and you'll get one soon.

Zera
22nd June 2006, 1:00 AM
batteries died. chaging them now. then back to charmander SRing. -.-;

Kreis
22nd June 2006, 1:00 AM
thats wat they all said i still havnt got it :( but thanks anyway:)

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 1:09 AM
batteries died. chaging them now. then back to charmander SRing. -.-; How long have you been SRing?

Zera
22nd June 2006, 1:25 AM
going on 15 days soon.

ShinyFufu
22nd June 2006, 2:16 AM
I begin SRing for Eevee... NOW!!! I am doing nothing but SRing for Eevee for two weeks, so I hope I get it... wish me luck guys!

ArrEmmDee
22nd June 2006, 2:45 AM
I begin SRing for Eevee... NOW!!! I am doing nothing but SRing for Eevee for two weeks, so I hope I get it... wish me luck guys!

You are a wildly ambitious guy! Though I guess I'm not surprised. If you SRed just short of three months for Charmander, going for Eevee as well is just more testament to your shiny getting determination!

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 2:45 AM
ALRIGHT! I just startred breeding for a shiny eevee so i could get a ;134;

Iplayed all day and i got it!!!

GeminiDragon
22nd June 2006, 2:49 AM
conrats on the shiny eevee

Crypted Wolf
22nd June 2006, 2:56 AM
>_< right after i catch Latios im going after Eevee!

Golden_Latias
22nd June 2006, 3:26 AM
conrats on the shiny eevee
If you mean me, thanks!

o.O Jeez, I get a shiny Eevee, then everyone and their mothers starts going for one. I'm a trendsetter! Yay!

Kreis
22nd June 2006, 3:27 AM
maybe i should go for another shiny evee after i get a shiny moltres...

Jon_Sly
22nd June 2006, 3:38 AM
Well shiny searching in Meteor falls again for a green bagon or dark golbat. Knowing my luck I will just end up with nothing or a shiny solrock lol. Oh well at least I can covet some dragon scales and sun stones while I wait.

Crypted Wolf
22nd June 2006, 3:38 AM
If you mean me, thanks!

o.O Jeez, I get a shiny Eevee, then everyone and their mothers starts going for one. I'm a trendsetter! Yay!
So that's why everyone is getting Shiny Eevees!

Br26
22nd June 2006, 3:58 AM
I have a shiny Illumnise, and I just got a shiny Wurmple

coolcobra77
22nd June 2006, 4:13 AM
I have a Shiny Mightiana

... its lvl 50... I mostly use it for Trainer Tower

it was really lucky when i caught it

I was trying to run to Petalburg city
(the one with Norman as gym leader...I think)

and I just completed elite 4.... and suddedly a Poocheyana appears.. and when i was abotu to run away... I notice its color!

but all my pokemon would 1 hit kill.... so I threw ultra balls till it finally gave in and became my only shiny! other than gyrados in G/S/C

Golden_Latias
22nd June 2006, 4:26 AM
While SR for a shiny starter in Ruby, I saw a shiny Poochyena =( Me wants a shiny. I haven't had one in ages!
I know how you feel :(. Same happened to me when I was going for a shiny Treeko.

ShinyFufu
22nd June 2006, 5:50 AM
IMHO, I think peeps are getting shiny Eevee becuz all silver eevee is nothing short of smecksi.

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 5:58 AM
IMHO, I think peeps are getting shiny Eevee becuz all silver eevee is nothing short of smecksi.
Heh. Yeah, I was trying to get the original eeveelutions and Eevee to be shiny, all that I have are Jolteon and Vaporeon. I'll try for a Flareon and Eevee later, I'm tired of hatching egg upon egg upon egg...

ShinyFufu
22nd June 2006, 6:10 AM
Yeah, I am trying to get all the eeveelutions and eevee shiny. I want to have at least one spare shiny eevee, in case there is a new evolution for D/P, which I highly expect there will be... I hope it is grass type.

Golden_Latias
22nd June 2006, 6:17 AM
Espeon and Umbreon are smecksier :p.

I doubt they'll make a new Eeveelution, but if they do, it'll be a Rock or Ground Eeveelution. Here's why:

Vaporeon's best stat:HP
Jolteon's best stat:Speed
Flareon's best stat:Attack
Espeon's best stat:Special Attack
Umbreon's best stat:Special Defense

Notice that only Defense is missing. However, Eevee's best stat is Defense, so I doubt they'll make a new Eeveelution.

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 6:21 AM
Meh. I would rather have a steel type eeveelution IMO there aren't enough steel types.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
22nd June 2006, 6:32 AM
I know how you feel :(. Same happened to me when I was going for a shiny Treeko.
Wasn't it when you were searching for a Mudkip?

ShinyFufu
22nd June 2006, 6:33 AM
Yeah, i guess it would make sense for it to be a phsyically defensive type, but all the eeveelutions so far(not including eevee itself) are special types. So, maybe they will at least make a special type, but not specifically a grass type... heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a Dragon type eevee.

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 6:38 AM
Any other type of eeveelution I would be happy to see.

Crimson Riven
22nd June 2006, 8:06 AM
YES!! Finally I caught a shiny Poliwag!! Now I can evolve it into a Shiny Poliwrath!! *dances for joy, and kinda looks like a Spindra in the process @_@)

Dragonking
22nd June 2006, 8:16 AM
Congrats on the shiny poliwag CR.
A new eeveeloution would be nice and to get a shiny eevee for insurance purposes is a great idea, just like a shiny sneasel prepared for its new evolution.

Dragonking
22nd June 2006, 8:20 AM
Well now there's some competition. I'm also going for Entei as well as the other dogs. I believe I have about 300 resets since I started. Patience and endurance my friend.

pelican
22nd June 2006, 8:33 AM
Umm...hi, I'm new here. I don't want to look through all the search results for this, so sorry if this has been ask. I've been spending most of the beginning (some 13 hours into the game but only beat the third gym) looking for a shiny Ralts. Giving up, I went on until the breeding center. I'm wondering did anyone successfully hatched a shiny Ralts, Aron (another I'm looking for), or just any shiny in general? Thanks.
I found a shiny Mudkip in ruby : http://shinyshunters.free.fr/Images%20taille%20affichage/Shineys%20Pelican/GobouGBA.jpg

The only one by egg.

pelican
22nd June 2006, 8:35 AM
Meh. I would rather have a steel type eeveelution IMO there aren't enough steel types.
Please do you have pictures of all your shinies ?

Dragonking
22nd June 2006, 8:41 AM
Alsowould try to find out if they are from the 2nd or 3rd generation games.

Flame of Madness
22nd June 2006, 8:55 AM
I'm tryin' to find a shiny CHIMECHO...

Flame of Madness
22nd June 2006, 8:55 AM
I have a shiny Duskull.... ;355;
SORRY if I break any rules against this(double posting) I didn't mean to... BUT I didn't mean to click that...

Arena Tycoon Slaking
22nd June 2006, 9:37 AM
You should edit your post

ShinyFufu
22nd June 2006, 1:20 PM
LOL, I don't think I will be able to start SRing for the legendary "dogs" until months from now! I am trying to beat all my other games first, so that when I play XD/Colos, i can have my full attention on it.

superjolteon
22nd June 2006, 1:35 PM
Hey everyone again. Been a while since I've been on the forums cos I've been doin some major project work and I pretty much finished yesterday. Very stressful work! Anyways, now I'm back so I'm sure there's plenty of shinies been found.

Pelican: Well, I've noticed that you seem to be a very lucky person! Gratz on mudkip! Nice shinies as well.

Gratz on everyone else who've got shinies. I'm gonna start playin emerald again since I've got time now to find a shiny electrike! Or hopefully anything else that comes across.

Zabi
22nd June 2006, 1:46 PM
Well now there's some competition. I'm also going for Entei as well as the other dogs. I believe I have about 300 resets since I started. Patience and endurance my friend.
Lol, good luck to you, hope you get all of them!

Golden_Latias
22nd June 2006, 1:49 PM
What is with those people? They have to make Growlithe darker.

This is a shiny Growlithe:
http://www.greenchu.de/sprites/xd/rare/058.gif

Ship-Of-The-Line
22nd June 2006, 1:51 PM
Is ashiny as hard to get in XD as in the GBA games or visa versa?

You do relize getting a shiny at anytime is 1 in 8192 right?

Jon_Sly
22nd June 2006, 3:01 PM
Is ashiny as hard to get in XD as in the GBA games or visa versa?

You do relize getting a shiny at anytime is 1 in 8192 right?

Yes its the same chances sadly even though you don't even see 100 pokemon you can catch in the games.

master power kirby
22nd June 2006, 3:15 PM
Is there a way to get the shiney you are looking for or
does it just take really good luck?

Jon_Sly
22nd June 2006, 3:16 PM
Is there a way to get the shiney you are looking for or
does it just take really good luck?

its all luck.

apmastersite
22nd June 2006, 6:05 PM
are shiny pokemon any stronger than regular pokemon?

Demonic
hey ervyone demons back whoooo no shiny treeko not so whooo lol but im sure ill get one soon well i hope

apmastersite
are shiny pokemon any stronger than regular pokemon?

zeppelin
22nd June 2006, 6:12 PM
came close to catching a shiny miltank but it fled.

Shiney_Hunter_Tauros_Rule
22nd June 2006, 6:15 PM
No.
Well I think they are but they arent.

Demonic
22nd June 2006, 6:16 PM
that sucks sorry to hear that
edit oh and i kno people r older here lol i mean that i have course work being the end of year so im gonna have to be slow on resets is wat i ment

Starmie
22nd June 2006, 6:18 PM
came close to catching a shiny miltank but it fled.

That's a shame, shiny Miltank is cool. I avoid the safari zone at all costs now because I've heard too many stories about losing shinies there...

Demonic
22nd June 2006, 6:25 PM
same im scared to go in there lol im gonna get banned from it lol XD

zeppelin
22nd June 2006, 6:30 PM
nah its ok it happens alot,a month ago i run out of safari balls for a shiney shuckle.

Demonic
22nd June 2006, 6:41 PM
wow how many pokemon do you lose in the safari zone shiny that is

Akayfortyseven
22nd June 2006, 7:43 PM
demonic, this is a thread to disscus shiny pokemon, how many you have, what your trying to catch etc, not pointless posts like; 'hey ervyone demons back whoooo no shiny treeko not so whooo lol but im sure ill get one soon well i hope' If you look at the first page, it clearly states that this thread isnt for posts like that, so limit yourself a bit more, sure, tell us how your hunts going now and then, but not pointless ones, just a heads up :)

Anyway, I have been hatching for a shiny corsola, and did about 200 eggs and gave up. I have also left all resetable pokemon (the legends etc) for soft reseting in the future. My friend caught a shiny duskull along with a pikachu and a nincada :( The only encounter I have had was a dodrio... in the safari zone, and it fled. Anyway, Ill update this post with any progress i make on my shiny hunts.

shiny articuno master
22nd June 2006, 8:10 PM
hey ive been a little busy i had to trade all my good pokemon from my fire red [including shinys] so i can restart it to get a shiny charmander

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 8:14 PM
Good luck, sometimes it can take months to get one.

shiny articuno master
22nd June 2006, 8:16 PM
i need it i sat infront of my gameboy micro for the whole day yesterday

Golden_Latias
22nd June 2006, 8:28 PM
You don't "need" it. You just want it ;).

shiny articuno master
22nd June 2006, 8:36 PM
i need luck

zeppelin
22nd June 2006, 8:39 PM
wow how many pokemon do you lose in the safari zone shiny that is
4,bloody 4

they were miltank,shuckle,oddish and mareep
EDIT:hatching for shiney magikarp.

matrix_Logic
22nd June 2006, 8:43 PM
meh. How many shinies do you have?

kh2_lover
22nd June 2006, 8:44 PM
hey everyone, im tryin to hatch a shiny smeargle since like last month and i got over like 300 eggs hatched but still no luck. Also in my fr version i found a shiny abra but guessed what it got out of the great ball i used and teleported, EVIL! my luck has run out and i will proly never get any shinies :( No shinies at all for me

GeminiDragon
22nd June 2006, 8:47 PM
hey everyone, im tryin to hatch a shiny smeargle since like last month and i got over like 300 eggs hatched but still no luck. Also in my fr version i found a shiny abra but guessed what it got out of the great ball i used and teleported, EVIL! my luck has run out and i will proly never get any shinies :(

good luck on your smeargle hunt but if you are using emerald then why not look for it it the cave in the battle frontier. It sucks that you lost an abra but you could also reset for that

shiny articuno master
22nd June 2006, 8:49 PM
have three i have shiny articuno shiny muk and a shiny mightiena and i have had a shiny tenticool,shiny plusle/shiny makuhita,shiny sharpedo i think thays all of them

kh2_lover
22nd June 2006, 8:56 PM
Last year ive been SR for a regice but i gave up cause it took me like 2-3 months. Also b4 i knew shinies i was training my pikachu and boom came out a shiny wailmer while i was fishing and there was a falling star in the backround when it popped out, ok i thought it was some sort of glitch cause the last poke i battled was a natu(trainer) and it used wish and b4 the effect i ko'ed it so i thought it effected the wailmer. Im so stpid and used thunderbolt from pika and killed it, i would've had a strong wailord

pelican
22nd June 2006, 9:09 PM
Hey everyone again. Been a while since I've been on the forums cos I've been doin some major project work and I pretty much finished yesterday. Very stressful work! Anyways, now I'm back so I'm sure there's plenty of shinies been found.

Pelican: Well, I've noticed that you seem to be a very lucky person! Gratz on mudkip! Nice shinies as well.

Gratz on everyone else who've got shinies. I'm gonna start playin emerald again since I've got time now to find a shiny electrike! Or hopefully anything else that comes across.
Thanks Superjolteon. I spend a lot of time to soft reset, at least 3 hours per day, so ...
Good luck to everybody (specially Demonic with his new emerald version).
Soft reset powwwaaaaa !

Demonic
22nd June 2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks Superjolteon. I spend a lot of time to soft reset, at least 3 hours per day, so ...
Good luck to everybody (specially Demonic with his new emerald version).
Soft reset powwwaaaaa !
hehe thx dude its u and MM that inspired me so thanks im gonna do 3 hours a day as well :D ive done 4 today but still no luck
[QUOTE]demonic, this is a thread to disscus shiny pokemon, how many you have, what your trying to catch etc, not pointless posts like; 'hey ervyone demons back whoooo no shiny treeko not so whooo lol but im sure ill get one soon well i hope' If you look at the first page, it clearly states that this thread isnt for posts like that, so limit yourself a bit more, sure, tell us how your hunts going now and then, but not pointless ones, just a heads up

[QUOTE]
sorry i was askin him a question sorry >< i wnt do it again
bad demon lol well anyway ive done 4 hours of resets today :D i just need some more encouragement so i post alot here sowwwwy

ShinyFufu
22nd June 2006, 11:26 PM
you can do it, w00t.Yay. Is that enough encouragment?

lol :) Don't stress too much about it, u'll get it eventually!

Jon_Sly
23rd June 2006, 12:56 AM
yawn! Still in meteor falls. So many encounters but at least the exp helps with 2000 a faint with lucky egg/trade bonus. Plus the covet sunstones and dragon scales help to. Its a win/win situation even if I don't find a shiny Golbat or Bagon.

Akayfortyseven
23rd June 2006, 1:02 AM
lol demonic, i didnt want to sound nasty, i was trying to tell you in a nice way, sorry dude :)

Anyway, I have now done over 4hours of resetting for my regice, saving in front of the sprite, checking the battle for a shiny, then start+select+a+b to reset and repeat is correct right?

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
23rd June 2006, 1:18 AM
can you get shinies from the top 20 and celebi

Flame Haze SnS
23rd June 2006, 1:23 AM
Anyway, I have now done over 4hours of resetting for my regice, saving in front of the sprite, checking the battle for a shiny, then start+select+a+b to reset and repeat is correct right?

Yes, that's correct...

Still soft-reseting for shiny Groudon in Emerald for more than 5 hours (for at least 200 hundred times).

Crypted Wolf
23rd June 2006, 1:24 AM
Look at my Sig :)

Crypted Wolf
23rd June 2006, 1:35 AM
350 resets buty no Latios :(.

MetalMario
23rd June 2006, 1:58 AM
demonic, I'd like to wish you a formal Good Luck. (I don't like PMing without a good reason.) That game owes you a shiny after all this time. (But knowing your luck, I'll have one first. o_0)

~3050 Treeckos.

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 2:10 AM
Meh, I am temporarily giving up for Eevee. So I can resume my hunt for Treecko. I figured Treecko is higher on my priority list becuz the ID I have on FR is already gonna be the one I am keeping, and that ID got me a shiny charmander in 5 days, so maybe it is lucky. So, it would be logical to hunt for a Treecko, so I can hopefully get a lucky ID on there too... I am gonna get a new ID on Em every week. Today is the 22nd, right?

I guess I'll just start over in how many I counted, since I lost the sheet i was keeping track of them on, but I am gonna use MM's method of counting.

Dragonking
23rd June 2006, 3:24 AM
Good luck mmsp. Currently going for Ho-oh.

Jon_Sly
23rd June 2006, 3:41 AM
Wasn't there someone else around here going after a shiny bagon? Going for one for 2 days now 11 hours total searching. Its alot more entertaining then SR, so my spirit is still up.

Savage X
23rd June 2006, 4:00 AM
So anyone have a blue Houndour/om?

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 4:25 AM
Although i neve posted it here(I posted it at the PokeCommunity Forums) I am gonna hatch for a Houndour if I ever get teh spare time.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
23rd June 2006, 6:49 AM
Done a few more resets for Abra 90 resets now so 90x55=4950 abras:(

[AceAussie]
23rd June 2006, 6:58 AM
still working on the shiny porygon..it's not that easy..

matrix_Logic
23rd June 2006, 7:00 AM
It took me a month of SRing for Porygon, I was about to quit but I finally got it and I am definetly(sp) not evolving it...

Mega Trickster
23rd June 2006, 7:04 AM
It took me a month of SRing for Porygon, I was about to quit but I finally got it and I am definetly(sp) not evolving it...

Good job! You're alot more pateint than me when it comes to shinies.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
23rd June 2006, 8:02 AM
Why is your Name Urban legend of Bad luck when you have loads of good shinies?

matrix_Logic
23rd June 2006, 8:06 AM
Why is your Name Urban legend of Bad luck when you have loads of good shinies?
Because I have bad luck at everything else...

Arena Tycoon Slaking
23rd June 2006, 8:27 AM
Do you have Pokerus?

~Shining-Metagross~
23rd June 2006, 9:54 AM
My restart for a shiny mudkip on Sapphire is in the 250's restart wise now. But nothing, not even a shiny Poochy.

But, in other news, my Shiny metang is now Level 34, with a attack of 76.(Defence 66, Ap.Attack 46, Sp.Defence, 59, Speed 44). Been ev training it in Attack, and it is a power house. Man, he so kicks ***. Although I haven't been keeping track of the Ev points. How do you know when all the attack ev's have been filled up?
X
~Danny~

NinjaKoriku
23rd June 2006, 10:11 AM
Officially starting my hunt for a Shiny Snorlax. Wish me luck everyone. =O

;143;

Arena Tycoon Slaking
23rd June 2006, 10:20 AM
Good luck NinjaKoriku hope you get that cool shiny

Dark Aerodactyl
23rd June 2006, 12:53 PM
uiiiii. Yesterday in FR i catch shiny zubat. Before 2 minutes I catch shiny onix. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

pelican
23rd June 2006, 12:57 PM
But, in other news, my Shiny metang is now Level 34, with a attack of 76.(Defence 66, Ap.Attack 46, Sp.Defence, 59, Speed 44). Been ev training it in Attack, and it is a power house. Man, he so kicks ***. Although I haven't been keeping track of the Ev points. How do you know when all the attack ev's have been filled up?
X
~Danny~
It is not possible to know if only attack EV's are filled up. You must count them. You can only know if all 510 EV points are done with a ribbon given by wooman in Slateport's outdoor sales area.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 1:28 PM
Done a few more resets for Abra 90 resets now so 90x55=4950 abras:(

I thought u could only buy 83 Abras at a time?

Larvitar
23rd June 2006, 2:21 PM
Still going for Tangela :D I'm using my newly captured Fearow and Raikou to faint those Tangelas - so I won't run by accident if it's shiny. Also gave my Persion (evolved Meowth by mistake >_>) an Exp. Share so he can survive those damn Tangelas :P He's using Pay Day, because I'm _REALLY_ low on money :p

Kyrix
23rd June 2006, 2:31 PM
does anyone have a shiny ditto? if so when you use transform are you still shiny or do you go to the regular state of the other pokemon?
Need shiny rayquaza, belgum, and regice

-SI-
23rd June 2006, 3:52 PM
I just caught my first shiny.

-_- Poochyena

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 4:39 PM
A shiny Ditto will transform into the shiny form of the pokemon it is transforming into.

Golden_Latias
23rd June 2006, 4:46 PM
Shiny Poochyena's awesome! Congrats!

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
23rd June 2006, 5:14 PM
I have owned Pokemon Sapphire for about five years (Until I gave it away as a Christmas present) and I have yet to cross a shiny pokemon.

Dojorkan
23rd June 2006, 5:53 PM
I just caught my first shiny.

-_- Poochyena
Awww.

lucky. =(

shiny articuno master
23rd June 2006, 6:01 PM
stupid charmander wont turn shiny ive been softreseting for a while

zeppelin
23rd June 2006, 6:16 PM
560 magikarp eggs gone and no shineys.

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2006, 6:29 PM
No luck on the abra from the game corner, as it seems that I won't get a shiny that I'm intentionally looking for in a good while...I just want to show up soon...

Demonic
23rd June 2006, 6:44 PM
demonic, I'd like to wish you a formal Good Luck. (I don't like PMing without a good reason.) That game owes you a shiny after all this time. (But knowing your luck, I'll have one first. o_0)

~3050 Treeckos.
hehe well see im gonna reset loads more just to beat u now :P

minitaillow
23rd June 2006, 6:45 PM
cool the only pokemon that are shiny are moltress,arknine,mew and abra;146;

~Shining-Metagross~
23rd June 2006, 6:51 PM
Traded my Shiny Tangala back to Fr so it can be used on my Fire Red main team. Got it in trades for a level 5 Kabuto during the Deoxy's event early last year. :P
Still also trying for Shiny Abra/Dratini on Fr and Shiny Mewtwo on Lg, but all my focus is on training my team and getting my Mudkip(Sig says 265 restarts so far. :P)
X
~Danny~

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 7:10 PM
Hi! Im new. I have 3 shinys, a shuppet, a zizagoon, and a zubat. I caught them all myself, but I know they are commmon shinys. I have some degree of dificulty finding them .-_-

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 7:20 PM
cool the only pokemon that are shiny are moltress,arknine,mew and abra;146;

How did you get Mew? U can't get it in FR/LG. And, it is not available anywhere in the world, except for Japan, and it has already been distributed.

Golden_Latias
23rd June 2006, 7:27 PM
Still going for Tangela :D I'm using my newly captured Fearow and Raikou to faint those Tangelas - so I won't run by accident if it's shiny. Also gave my Persion (evolved Meowth by mistake >_>) an Exp. Share so he can survive those damn Tangelas :P He's using Pay Day, because I'm _REALLY_ low on money :p
That's a good idea! xD. I should use that to get some more money so I can get started on Porygon.

matrix_Logic
23rd June 2006, 7:34 PM
Do you have Pokerus?
Defitetly no...Sometimes I try to get it on my Sapphire....no luck.....*cries*

Hypno
23rd June 2006, 8:05 PM
Yesterday my sister was playing my old sapphire and found a shiny spinda, which is my first shiny since the red Gyarados in GSC-series. =).;327;

Golden_Latias
23rd June 2006, 8:08 PM
Yesterday my sister was playing my old sapphire and found a shiny spinda, which is my first shiny since the red Gyarados in GSC-series. =).;327;
Congrats! Not the best shiny, but a shiny nonetheless. And your first one, too

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 8:19 PM
What shinys do you guys have?

Demonic
23rd June 2006, 8:20 PM
oh oh oh gues wat i came across another shiny zigzagoon....thats 7...my luck suks i mean theres a 50/50 chance and its gone ziggy 7 times 7 TIMES ! omg am i doin somethin wrong ?

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 8:20 PM
Awsome1 I remember when I found my first shiny. I about fainted.

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2006, 8:36 PM
oh oh oh gues wat i came across another shiny zigzagoon....thats 7...my luck suks i mean theres a 50/50 chance and its gone ziggy 7 times 7 TIMES ! omg am i doin somethin wrong ?seven shiny zigzagoons?! That's insane! I hope you get your teecko soon then. That just sounds...not fair for you. I'm still on a dry spell with shinies too.

NinjaKoriku
23rd June 2006, 8:37 PM
I had a shiny Electrike on my Sapphire game, but I let a friend start her own game on it. The only shiny I ever had other than the Red Gyarados.

;309;

Demonic
23rd June 2006, 8:40 PM
seven shiny zigzagoons?! That's insane! I hope you get your teecko soon then. That just sounds...not fair for you. I'm still on a dry spell with shinies too.
tell me about it i hate seing them but i guess it makes me reset more :) so its all good i cnt wait to get it also my nxt target will be breedin for a shiny ralts :)

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2006, 8:47 PM
tell me about it i hate seing them but i guess it makes me reset more :) so its all good i cnt wait to get it also my nxt target will be breedin for a shiny ralts :)So, what's your new Id number, it seems like one that get a lot of shiny zigzagoons. I hope my sapphire Id is lucky, it only has two numbers repeating, 3 and 5, cause mine is 13355. My fire red is kinda similar to that one, cause it's 56776. I hope I don't lose anymore shinies. I lost a mawile, and most recently, a golden exeggcute in the safari zone in fire red. It was an awesome gold color, and it fled after I threw one ball...unbelievable...I could've had my sixth shiny a long time ago, going for the seventh...I like exeggutor's shiny color too. That's why I don't go to the safari zone anymore.

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 9:00 PM
In XD u can see an unlimited amount of pokemon, just like in the GBA games.

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 9:03 PM
I actually would like finding a shiny in the SZ. It would be like the ultimate test(an unfair test) for catching a pokemon, and if u passed, your reward would be a shiny pokemon.
EDIT: Your ID Jon_Sly has 0 repeating. Why is it LOL to you?

Jon_Sly
23rd June 2006, 9:03 PM
You guys and ID's lol. My ID is 17040 no connection at all yet I have all my
3rd generation shiny's from this emerald.

Jon_Sly
23rd June 2006, 9:15 PM
In XD u can see an unlimited amount of pokemon, just like in the GBA games.

No you can't! You see like what 12 wild and you have to have a radar for them to appear. The rest are 1 time views per game not including resetting over and over.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 9:33 PM
Im like, affraid to approach the safari zone. This is because I am afraid I will see a rare shiny like chansey and it will flee...

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2006, 9:34 PM
I actually would like finding a shiny in the SZ. It would be like the ultimate test(an unfair test) for catching a pokemon, and if u passed, your reward would be a shiny pokemon.
EDIT: Your ID Jon_Sly has 0 repeating. Why is it LOL to you?Please, go there at your own risk. Now that I've gotten one shiny from there, and lost one too, I don't think I will go back. I can understand if you wanna test your skills or somethin, I thought that nidoran was gonna break out of the first ball, but I nabbed it with my first ball on the first try. Very lucky indeed.

NinjaKoriku
23rd June 2006, 9:35 PM
IDs have an effect on luck? =O

That's news to me.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 9:38 PM
I havent seen A SHINY FOR HALF A YEAR. ack! The last 1 I saw, a tentacool, was just about to be caught when my game died .-_-

Shukaku
23rd June 2006, 9:40 PM
Hey, I have a question: How can you tell if a pokemon is shiny without looking at the sprite?

Crypted Wolf
23rd June 2006, 9:50 PM
375 Eggs hatched no Latios :(

Golden_Latias
23rd June 2006, 9:54 PM
EDIT: Your ID Jon_Sly has 0 repeating. Why is it LOL to you?
o.O You're crazy. I got my shiny Nidoqueen as a shiny Nidoran from the Safari Zone due to sheer dumb luck. The thing could have fled anytime after it broke out of the first Safarai Ball, but I'm lucky it pretty much just sat there for me to catch it.

Athrozeous
23rd June 2006, 9:58 PM
Nah! i dont think your ID numbers have something to do... since ive played the game many times (the ID changes)
and almost everytime i get one or two... hey maybe im the lucky one... :) ive gotten from a cute little igglybuff to a superb Metagross...

ShinyFufu
23rd June 2006, 9:59 PM
Say it loud, I am crazy and proud. I dunno, I just think a shiny caught in the safari zone would be really special to me, seeing as how I caught a pokemon that could've easily fled on the first poke ball, especially since u caught the pokemon with full HP. Like, if I caught a shiny Nidoran, then one day i caught a shiny Electrike, the Nidoran would still be more special to me than the Electrike, even if the Electrike family does look cooler.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
375 Eggs hatched no Latios :(
... You can hatch latios eggs?

Champion Jared 14
o.O You're crazy. I got my shiny Nidoqueen as a shiny Nidoran from the Safari Zone due to sheer dumb luck. The thing could have fled anytime after it broke out of the first Safarai Ball, but I'm lucky it pretty much just sat there for me to catch it.Same for me. Cathing almost anything in there is based on your luck. If I ever went back in there and saw a shiny chansey, I'd cry, cause they have a low catch rate, I think.

NinjaKoriku
23rd June 2006, 10:01 PM
Same for me. Cathing almost anything in there is based on your luck. If I ever went back in there and saw a shiny chansey, I'd cry, cause they have a low catch rate, I think.

Yeah. =/ I went looking for a Chansey with a Lucky Egg, and out of like 25 I only caught three. So that'd be the last shiny I'd want to run into...

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 10:04 PM
A shiny chansey would be awsome! If only they were easy to catch...

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2006, 10:08 PM
A shiny chansey would be awsome! If only they were easy to catch...I'd rather hatch one. They only have a catch rate of 30, which is quite low.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah. But I never hatced a shiny pokemon. My friend, however, got a shiny eevee on his 3rd egg. He wasnt even trying for a shiny. -_-

NinjaKoriku
23rd June 2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah. But I never hatced a shiny pokemon. My friend, however, got a shiny eevee on his 3rd egg. He wasnt even trying for a shiny. -_-

That's the way it always seems to be. =p

Jon_Sly
23rd June 2006, 10:20 PM
Still hunting in for shiny bagon been since I got home 15 hour now non stop (When I have time to play that is) and still not shiny anything. Almost raised two more lvl 100's out of this, since my scizor hit lvl 100 looking.

Crypted Wolf
23rd June 2006, 10:25 PM
... You can hatch latios eggs?
Sorry about that( Im so use to typing eggs :/). I ment to say Resets.

shiny articuno master
23rd June 2006, 10:28 PM
How did you get Mew? U can't get it in FR/LG. And, it is not available anywhere in the world, except for Japan, and it has already been distributed.

i have one in my sapphire m freind put it in there with a action replay.

Demonic
23rd June 2006, 10:29 PM
im still resetin for treeko as well im at 26,000 now :( and seen 7 zigazagoons that r shiny hmmmm.....anyway who else has a treeko and is willin to post pics plz ? cheers

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry about that( Im so use to typing eggs :/). I ment to say Resets.
Lol its ok. I know what you ment now. 215 RESETS AND STILL NO SHINY REGICE! -_-

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd June 2006, 10:31 PM
im still resetin for treeko as well im at 26,000 now :( and seen 7 zigazagoons that r shiny hmmmm.....anyway who else has a treeko and is willin to post pics plz ? cheers
I have a treeko. But I prefer Torchic.

Athrozeous
23rd June 2006, 10:52 PM
Hey! I got a shiny Registeel... ^.^ and i only reset the game like 3 times because either i killed it, or ran out of pokeballs (didn't have that many)

Champion Jared 14
23rd June 2006, 10:54 PM
Hey! I got a shiny Registeel... ^.^ and i only reset the game like 3 times because either i killed it, or ran out of pokeballs (didn't have that many) Lucky, lucky, lucky, mister lucky indeed. I've never had a reset number that low for a shiny. I haven't even gotten a shiny that way yet...

Pokemaniac77
24th June 2006, 12:22 AM
You'll want to hear this. I ate a fortune cookie, and it said success and happiness was coming my way. I then SRed for the shiny treecko i was hunting, and i got it in 5 tries. After 3 encounters of pokemon, it got pokerus, and had like 10 critical hits in a row. Is this a glitch, or the charm of the fortune cookie?

Champion Jared 14
24th June 2006, 12:30 AM
You'll want to hear this. I ate a fortune cookie, and it said success and happiness was coming my way. I then SRed for the shiny treecko i was hunting, and i got it in 5 tries. After 3 encounters of pokemon, it got pokerus, and had like 10 critical hits in a row. Is this a glitch, or the charm of the fortune cookie?No, God has blessed you. Congrats on the treecko though, you gotta love that thing. See, I knew you'd get it. Now that you've got yours, I might look for one myself too. And pokerus too!? My, how the tables have turned for you, and in such a good way! Edit, sorry I thought you were Demonic!? My bad, congrats though. Don't tell Demonic.

Jon_Sly
24th June 2006, 12:33 AM
Yah lucky Bas*ards been searching for shiny bagon or golbat in meteor falls for 17 hours in 3 days and nothing might I add! I want some 3 tries luck! I havn't even got pokerus yet after 220 hours. Can someone show me a screen shot with what pokerus looks like on the screen?

amulekbird
24th June 2006, 1:05 AM
Demonic, you aren't unlucky. In fact, I'd say you were a little luckier than average. Think about it. You've seen 7 shinies out of 26,000 resets (and so, 52,000 pokemon). That's one shiny every 7,428. That beats the shiny probability by about 700. If anything, you're demonstrating that the chance really IS 1 out of 8,192. You're just not getting the right one out of the two to be shiny. Keep going...you'll get it!!!

MetalMario
24th June 2006, 1:29 AM
No. Luck generally refers to good fortune. Seeing a shiny but being unable to catch it isn't lucky, at all.

~3285 Treeckos.

ShinyFufu
24th June 2006, 1:56 AM
Congratulations, PokeManiac! You r making me wish that I was SRing for Treecko instead of Eevee!

Jon_Sly
24th June 2006, 3:41 AM
WTG to knew shiny owners! Still hunting for my shiny bagon 20 hours so far.

matrix_Logic
24th June 2006, 3:54 AM
AWESOMENESS!!
Just checked my Ruby for any shinies that I had traded to it...
Beedrill
Wartortle
Eevee(Hello Flareon)
and Mr.Mime

I'm checkin my Sapphire next...My fave of the E/R/S generation

ShinyFufu
24th June 2006, 4:17 AM
Yeah, u seem to have a lot of luck, despite your name...