PDA

View Full Version : The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
15th September 2005, 5:29 PM
I have read many threads asking about shiny shadow pokemon and so I decided to give coronis my idea via PM, he said I could post the thread and he would sticky it.... I Don't have much information at the moment but I have PMed people who have snagged shinies Questions and I will update with their answers if the deside to answer....

this information was collected from loads of posters in the shiny snag threads and members who have snagged shinies:

General
Shiny Pokemon, just like in the Gameboy games are very rare and some are even pretty, the chances to find one is 1 in 8192, that dosent mean after 8191 battles the next pokemon will be shiny, because every battle has a 1 in 8192 chance of being a shiny pokemon.
Your shinies may look pretty in the GBA games but when you put them onto colosseum or XD they will look different:

shiny Pokemon that are completely different colours then the 'normal' ones are noticable, like Dragonite is dark green instead of yellow, very noticable! Unlike Smeargle, who looks like the normal smeargle should look in the GBA games

Identifying a Shadow shiny
Firstly when they are sent out two orange orbs will fly around them, not stars, as a shadow the shiny may be visable when you place it into the PC
The pokemon may a different colour, my flygon was manky yellow instead of green and green instead of blue, not a pretty sight.

Shadow Lugia
The Shadow Lugia, very cool in colour but loads of people have been wondering what will it look like if it is shiny. Well I have come up with the conclusion that the Shadow Lugia will look normal in appearance until it is purified, then you will see the differenct in colour

Smeargle
Smeargle is one of the biggest problems for shinies in colosseum and XD.
In colosseum no matter what the smeargle with have a red tail, like the shiny form in the Game boy advance games, this is due to the fact that colosseum uses the same 'models' that the stadium games use. Smeargle has a green tail in colosseum and XD, if it is shiny it is a dark manky green tail

Unconfirmed information
this is for Information I have discovered but Do not know if it is true
the orbs on shiny shadows only appear the first time you send them out

Latest Update:
Picture of Shiny Smeargle (http://*******.com/view/?pic=dpjvr5)
credit to ******* for hosting and credit to my friend for letting me take a picture of his Smeargle

FAQ:

Q: are shadow pokemon available in XD?
A: if not then why make this thread?

Special thanks:
ssw for the information about the PC
my freind for letting me use his smeargle as a 'model'
Coronis for allowing me to post this thread and for stickying it
My mum for buying the camera which I used
Me for being so helpful

~*~The Evil Overlord of SPPF and Stuff~*~
15th September 2005, 5:39 PM
So, Shiny Shadows arnt a new seprate shiny color! Thats a bummer..

15th September 2005, 6:40 PM
they are except when they are shadow pokemon with hardly any colour differance are unoticable

shiny smeargle's tail tip is green as a shiny in colo

I am trying to get a picture up soon.... just need to find my digital camera

supermew
15th September 2005, 9:47 PM
that is weird. and gross colors too.

16th September 2005, 5:23 PM
not all shinies are icky colours

UPDATE:

i have a picture of shiny smeargle

My freind let me trade it to my colosseum to take a photo of:
Shiny Smeargle (http://*******.com/view/?pic=dpjvr5)

sorry for the poor quality but I use a cheap camera

S:C
16th September 2005, 5:50 PM
So there really isn't much of a difference between shiny shadow Pokemon and normal Pokemon. That's gonna make it hard to identify them. Anyways, thank you for the heads up on Smeargle.

16th September 2005, 5:52 PM
no problem

just make sure your lucky enough that the the shiny shadow is one of a completely different colour like Dragonite, Shellder, Pineco etc

JONNO.FRESH
17th September 2005, 11:46 AM
i got my shiny raikou from collo. the first 2 times i beat it i didnt no it was shiny. but when i caught it in the deep colloseum it was shiny

Tommo_Volbeat
17th September 2005, 12:09 PM
i wish i had a shiny pokemon... anyways JONNO.FRESH can you get a picture?

i had shinies in the 2nd generation, gyrados, hoot-hoot (by cheat) and cleffa. i used them all in stadium battles at least once. i used cleffa in the kid's club mini games before i notised it was shiny, it appears shiny in there too, but it dosent sparkle.

17th September 2005, 12:16 PM
I have some new information up on my first post

shiny raikou? lucky bugger

Tommo_Volbeat
17th September 2005, 12:36 PM
i dont see the new info

Shukaku
17th September 2005, 12:39 PM
Smeargle

Smeargle is one of the biggest problems for shinies in colosseum and XD.
In colosseum no matter what the smeargle with have a red tail, like the shiny form in the Game boy advance games, this is due to the fact that colosseum uses the same 'models' that the stadium games use. Smeargle has a green tail in colosseum and XD, if it is shiny it is a dark manky green tail I'm guessing it's this

Tommo_Volbeat
17th September 2005, 12:42 PM
it was there before

Shukaku
17th September 2005, 1:09 PM
it was there before
oh nevermind then

17th September 2005, 1:21 PM
Shiny Pokemon, just like in the Gameboy games are very rare and some are even pretty, the chances to find one is 1 in 8192, that dosent mean after 8191 battles the next pokemon will be shiny, because every battle has a 1 in 8192 chance of being a shiny pokemon.
Your shinies may look pretty in the GBA games but when you put them onto colosseum or XD they will look different:
Firstly when they are sent out two orange orbs will fly around them, not stars, as a shadow the shiny may be visable when you place it into the PC

since it did fall into the same catagory I put it there, but I will make a new section with it in.

I have made a new paragraph about it and one about shadow Lugia

as well as special thanks

Tommo_Volbeat
18th September 2005, 2:21 AM
yeah i knew that already, the icons are different for shiny and non shiny in the pc on coloseum, i know this from netbattle

JONNO.FRESH
18th September 2005, 4:34 AM
i can get a pic of it on my emerald but not on my collo. because i started a new game

Tommo_Volbeat
20th September 2005, 7:16 AM
ok, do you have a gameboy player on your gamecube?

JONNO.FRESH
22nd September 2005, 3:55 AM
i could put it on my ruby then play my ruby on pokemon box and get a pic

Tommo_Volbeat
22nd September 2005, 7:57 AM
cant you use emerald on your box? well anyways i cant wait

22nd September 2005, 12:57 PM
you can't play pokemon emerald on pokemon box

but you could use a gameboy player and snap a photo then!

Invader TAK
22nd September 2005, 6:45 PM
Did they fix Shiny Smeargle for XD? IE, Non-shiny = Green tail and Shiny = Red tail like the GBA games.

PikaPikaChu
22nd September 2005, 8:49 PM
I don't think so, since the graphic motor is the same as colosseum (the pokemon, ect...)

Tommo_Volbeat
23rd September 2005, 4:51 AM
ask someone in the forums with lots of shinies to take a snapshot of one

JONNO.FRESH
23rd September 2005, 6:59 AM
ill have a pic by tommorow of my raikou

Tommo_Volbeat
23rd September 2005, 9:23 AM
awesome!!!

23rd September 2005, 4:24 PM
ok JONNO.FRESH

my gues is shiny smeargle will look the same since XD uses the same rendors as Colo

JONNO.FRESH
25th September 2005, 4:28 AM
ok i took the pics they may not be very good but heres the links

http://www.fotothing.com/thumbs/1dc/1dc92545d1c7b714d31f1a72710db7bf.jpg http://www.fotothing.com/thumbs/da0/da0035d2bb1580f09ca7e3d7ee1f9842.jpg

there a bit hard to see but i dont no how to get them bigger

Tommo_Volbeat
25th September 2005, 10:09 AM
oh well, they are cool none theless

25th September 2005, 10:53 AM
ok i took the pics they may not be very good but heres the links

http://www.fotothing.com/thumbs/1dc/1dc92545d1c7b714d31f1a72710db7bf.jpg http://www.fotothing.com/thumbs/da0/da0035d2bb1580f09ca7e3d7ee1f9842.jpg

there a bit hard to see but i dont no how to get them bigger
I see you taken them on pokemon box

a shiny raikou is a great acheivment!

JONNO.FRESH
25th September 2005, 10:57 AM
yea i wasnt even trying to get 1. I thought it looked shiny when it was shadow so i used the pufifying trick and in the morning i had it. yay

Tommo_Volbeat
25th September 2005, 11:32 AM
it is normally best not to try, a lot of people have shinies by accident

deefunx
25th September 2005, 3:15 PM
it is normally best not to try, a lot of people have shinies by accident

i know shinies are evil like that

anywho thanks for clearing up that about smeargle-a while ago i saw my smeargle had a red tail and i was totally gunna kick myself as i had traded it to a freind

Tommo_Volbeat
26th September 2005, 12:24 AM
my friend used to get lots of shinies, but his sis kept on forcing him to give them to her, exept for shiny lunatone, which he gave to my other friend, he also had a shiny roselia, those look so awexome

Tommo_Volbeat
30th September 2005, 8:16 AM
why am i bumping? isnt this topic stickified?

30th September 2005, 9:45 AM
yes it is, so there is no need to bump a sticky.

and i thought getting a shiny was hard, try purifying colo Delibird!

Tommo_Volbeat
1st October 2005, 1:27 AM
i know there is no need to bump a sticky, but a thread about shinies is a bit hard to maintain

1st October 2005, 8:49 AM
very good point, and simce hardly anyone would snag a shiny it is hard to keep it alive

Tommo_Volbeat
1st October 2005, 8:51 AM
true, but anyone with colloseum and a shiny could transfer it over and take a digital pic of it

you listening out there anyone?

maybe you should advertise this post and say something similar to what i said in my first paragraph

1st October 2005, 8:54 AM
hello

I heard

I taken a pic of my friends smeargle which is on the first page and I can try and get my donphan and flygon

Tommo_Volbeat
1st October 2005, 9:17 AM
i wasnt refferring to you, you already know of that, im not stupid, jsut because everyone thinks that

Dark Venusaur
1st October 2005, 9:20 PM
Can somebody show me a shiny shadow Pokemon

PKMNMaster
1st October 2005, 11:31 PM
I've just been reading this thread and there are Shiny Shadow Pokemon? Wow...now I've heard everything. Strange but intresting,

Tommo_Volbeat
2nd October 2005, 3:14 AM
I've just been reading this thread and there are Shiny Shadow Pokemon? Wow...now I've heard everything. Strange but intresting,
pokemon can appear in shiny form, why not when they are shadow too?

Can somebody show me a shiny shadow Pokemon no, not currently, shinies are hard to get

PKMNMaster
2nd October 2005, 4:52 AM
Its nothing, I assume you could get a Shiny Pokemon but you would need to purify them first before you can see them as a Shiny because I've never, ever seen a shiny on Colosseum before.

Animorph
2nd October 2005, 4:54 AM
Well PKMNMaster, It's kinda hard, considering there are only 52 pokemon in the game*Shadows, Plusle, your Starters and Ho-Oh* However, this might be a great oppertunity. After all, 98 obtainable pokemon. Life is sweet

Tommo_Volbeat
3rd October 2005, 1:32 PM
98? oh yeah, if you count pokespot, then you could actually hunt for shinies

squirtle_squad_leader
3rd October 2005, 5:34 PM
Its nothing, I assume you could get a Shiny Pokemon but you would need to purify them first before you can see them as a Shiny because I've never, ever seen a shiny on Colosseum before.

The only shadow Pokémon that would hide it's shininess until purification is Lugia. Others will appear shiny, purified or not.

Tommo_Volbeat
5th October 2005, 4:51 AM
by the way Sherlock Shuckle (a.k.a. ShuckleMasterJ) what kind of pokeball was your friend's Smeargle caught in?

5th October 2005, 6:01 PM
by the way Sherlock Shuckle (a.k.a. ShuckleMasterJ) what kind of pokeball was your friend's Smeargle caught in?
Ultra ball
why?

cyndaquil master
5th October 2005, 9:57 PM
my evee was shiny when i started XD.

Tommo_Volbeat
6th October 2005, 4:05 AM
Ultra ball
why?
oh ok, i'm just curious, thats all.

sweet, who are you going to evolve it into?

tinfoil
6th October 2005, 4:45 AM
I think i caught a shiny growlithe. It's hard to tell, but it apperars like a faint yellowish color.

PikaPikaChu
6th October 2005, 12:27 PM

If you evolve your Eevee plz tell us what color is hie evolution, so we can if your Eevee is really shiny :)

tinfoil: guess that you will need to wait unless you can trade to GBA games, to see with the main site pokedex if it's shiny :)

6th October 2005, 4:23 PM
that is so cool!

can you send us a pic?

Tamer Zack
6th October 2005, 6:36 PM
I ran into a Shiny Trapinch at the PokeSpot I caught it but I could'nt save it because I needed a new Memory Card.

squirtle_squad_leader
6th October 2005, 7:16 PM
If you evolve your Eevee plz tell us what color is hie evolution, so we can if your Eevee is really shiny :)

What's to keep him from, oh, I dunno, just looking up what color the shiny Eeveelutions are? >.>

Anyway, I thought I ran into a shiny Aron at the Cave Pokéspot, so I made sure to capture it, only to discover it wasn't.

ProtoManEXE88
7th October 2005, 1:14 AM
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925945&topic=23928028

Someone on gamefaqs said they found a shiny sandshrew.

Tamer Zack
7th October 2005, 4:54 PM
This is SPP not Gamefaqs also 5 people caught a shiny there on GF 3 were from the JPN version and 2 from the USA version.

metafreak
8th October 2005, 2:47 AM
i caught a shiny spheal shadow pokemon. it is now a purple sealio!

Magma Grunt Alex
8th October 2005, 9:01 PM
meh, I did not know that There could by Shiny Shadow pokemon... Now I know.

Tommo_Volbeat
9th October 2005, 1:11 PM
woah, shinyfest!

FigmentJedi
9th October 2005, 9:35 PM
Does white text names in the Shadow Monitor have to do with Shinies. If so, then I got a relative crapload: Around 6 or so...

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
9th October 2005, 9:53 PM
Does white text names in the Shadow Monitor have to do with Shinies. If so, then I got a relative crapload: Around 6 or so...

No, it shows you wether or not you looked at them. The white names are the pokemon whose data you looked at, while the gold names are the ones you didn't. Anyway, I have to go on a purify fest if I want to see if I have a shiny on XD.

GardevoirMaster
9th October 2005, 10:28 PM
I didn't get a shiny shadow, but my Spot Reactor went off at the Cave PokéSpot, I went there and I saw a Green Zubat, I'm like "Whoa, its darker in here than it was before" When I got into the battle I saw that it wasnt dark, it was a shiny =O I threw an Ultra Ball at it, and I caught it 8D

FigmentJedi
10th October 2005, 12:06 AM
No, it shows you wether or not you looked at them. The white names are the pokemon whose data you looked at, while the gold names are the ones you didn't. Anyway, I have to go on a purify fest if I want to see if I have a shiny on XD.
Doh! Well, now I know and knowing is half the battle.

Tommo_Volbeat
10th October 2005, 3:18 AM
with the amount of shinies people are getting, you would think that the shiny rate went up so that you could get more.

ProtoManEXE88
10th October 2005, 3:51 AM
Doh! Well, now I know and knowing is half the battle.

GI JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE

anyhow, nice job with everyone finding shinies ;_; now i need to find a second one to call my own (haven't gotten one in over a year)

Tamer Zack
10th October 2005, 5:27 PM
*holds up UltraBall* I had to look twice at this 1 but I caught a Shiny Magneton.

pokemon master:Stranger
10th October 2005, 5:44 PM
i never ever find shinys ppl that have them should conseder them selfs really lucky.

ilovchansey
13th October 2005, 11:41 AM
OMFG...i just found a black surskit and caught it.Im trading it to my emerald

It was level 19

Tommo_Volbeat
14th October 2005, 1:00 PM
OMFG...i just found a black surskit and caught it.Im trading it to my emerald

It was level 19
they look awesome, like a ninja.

shiny mudkip
15th October 2005, 12:47 AM
i got a shiny eevee i got a shiny larvitare from duking for my wooper.
i have beaten the game and snaged all 83 shadow pokemon ive heard the
only wayyou can purify shadow lugia is put 4 lv 100 legedary pokemon
in the purify chamber i also got a shadow togipe.

Tommo_Volbeat
15th October 2005, 2:27 AM
i got a shiny eevee i got a shiny larvitare from duking for my wooper.
i have beaten the game and snaged all 83 shadow pokemon ive heard the
only wayyou can purify shadow lugia is put 4 lv 100 legedary pokemon
in the purify chamber i also got a shadow togipe.
the way to purify lugia is on the site, and it is not that hard.

16th October 2005, 2:41 PM
so it seems this thread got unstickied..........

anyway no luck yet in finding a shiny shadow

XD002 Icemewtwo
17th October 2005, 6:09 PM
Oh it is really hard for me to get a shiny shadow so I traded the shiny Pigeot I got from my friends LG Shinies r awesome!

18th October 2005, 9:45 AM
Oh it is really hard for me to get a shiny shadow so I traded the shiny Pigeot I got from my friends LG Shinies r awesome!
I traded my freinds Smeargle to colo to take the pic, I traded my flygon and Donphan to colo just to want to puke!

Missingno. Master
18th October 2005, 11:15 PM
I think i caught a shiny growlithe. It's hard to tell, but it apperars like a faint yellowish color.
Trust me, it's shiny. I should know, I recently obtained a shiny Grolwithe in Emerald! But I don't even have XD yet. I am going to get it soon, hjowever, and I have big shiny expecatations for it!

Hoenir
20th October 2005, 7:45 PM
my seel was shiny when I caught it! Now I have a shiny dewgong o.o

Zabi
20th October 2005, 8:35 PM
Lucky Rentea! I always wanted a shiny from XD/Colloseum...never found one...Shinys seem commoner in this game...0.o

Shining Mew
26th October 2005, 8:03 PM
Talk here about any shinies you have, seen, or want.

If you have any questions regarding shinies, ask them here.

Shiny Shadow Smeargle
(PkmnTrainerJ)--> "It's tail is red normally, and green when shiny because Colosseum uses Stadium 2 models for Johto Pokémon, and back in Stadium 2 Smeargle had a green tail."

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
26th October 2005, 8:57 PM
No.

Stadium 2/Colosseum Shiny Discussion,there's no shinies in Stadium 1.

Shining Mew
26th October 2005, 9:17 PM
Uh, duh... its the sticky for the forum... same forum name.. same sticky name >.> thats how I do stickies.

TRJessie579
26th October 2005, 10:26 PM
NOTICE to all that are new to the forums!

This thread is NOT for asking about avatars, sigs, Trainer Cards, or how to make friends! Please go to the Newbie section for that:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

That is all.

This thread is for discussing shiny Pokemon in R/S/E: Any questions you have about them that aren’t answered in the FAQ, plus what shinies you own or want to own.

I’m going to let you all continue to discuss shiny Pokemon you’re trying to get, but please, for the love of God don’t spam. Unfortunately, if I see too many more spam posts of this nature:

“Hatched 5 Charmander Eggs, no shiny yet.”

“10 more Eggs, still waiting for my shiny Charmander.”

etc etc, I will have to change the rules to discussion on shiny Pokemon owned ONLY. Please be considerate of my sanity. :) Updates every day of how many times you’ve soft-reset or how many Eggs you’ve hatched just isn’t fun for me. One post per shiny wanted per person, please.

Don’t post about all the shinies you’ve gotten through cheating. No one cares.

And without further ado:

SHINY POKEMON FAQ

The main site’s SHINY PAGE (http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml)

1. Q: Shiny Pokemon? What are those?
A: Shiny Pokemon first appeared in the Gold and Silver games for the Gameboy Color. Basically, they are alternately colored Pokemon (for example, shiny Charizard is black instead of orange).

2. Q: Wow! Are shiny Pokemon more powerful?
A: Unfortunately, no. The ONLY difference between shinies and regular Pokemon is the color. They’re pretty much just for bragging rights.

3: Q: How can I find a shiny Pokemon?
A: Every Pokemon that you see in the wild, hatch from an Egg, get from an event (such as your starter, Beldum, etc) has the same chance of being shiny: 1/8,192. These are pretty high odds, so you need to be very lucky to come across one. There’s no place that they’re more common, and no surefire way to find one. You just need luck.

4: Q: But I’ve seen over 10,000 Pokemon in my game and haven’t found a shiny yet! That can’t be right!
A: 1/8,192 is a probability. That doesn’t mean that after 8,192 Pokemon, you will automatically find a shiny.
A good example of this is when you roll dice. You have a 1/6 chance of getting any particular number when you roll, such as the number 2. That doesn’t mean that you will roll a 2 in six rolls, or that your second roll will be a 2, etc.
The same goes for shiny Pokemon. You may find a shiny on your first try, or within a hundred tries, or maybe not until 10,000 tries.
To delve in a bit deeper, picture that whenever you encounter a Pokemon, a random number between 1 and 8,192 is generated. Let’s say that the number 500 is the “shiny number.” If 500 happens to be the random number that’s generated, the Pokemon will be shiny. If the number is anything else, it will be a normal Pokemon. Nice odds, aren’t they?

5: Q: If I breed a shiny Pokemon, will the baby from the Egg be shiny as well?
A: Unlike in G/S/C, where you had a higher chance of hatching shiny offspring when the parents were shiny, this is NOT true for any of the 3rd generation games. Every Pokemon has the same odds of being shiny, no matter what.

6: Q: What is this “soft resetting” thing I’ve been hearing about?
A: Soft resetting is when you press Start + Select + A + B to reset your gameboy (just like turning the system off and on). It’s helpful when trying to find a shiny of a Pokemon you can save in front of, such as your starter at the beginning, legendaries like the Regis and Rayquaza, etc. Save, soft-reset, see if the Pokemon is shiny, if not turn off your game and try again. Just like finding any shiny, this depends completely on luck, but if you’re patient you should eventually get your shiny. Keep in mind that this could take hours or days with luck, and months and months without.

7: Q: What does a shiny _____ look like?
A: The Pokedex on the main site shows sprites of every Pokemon:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/

Just look up the one you want.

8: Q: How do I know if I have a shiny Pokemon?
A: Besides the change in color, a shiny Pokemon will sparkle when it comes into battle. There are also a couple changes on its summary page, which you can see on the main site’s shiny page (link above).

9. Q: When will I know if I’ve gotten a shiny starter?
A: When you’re choosing your starter, the game will show you a picture of each Pokemon. This picture will NOT show you whether that Pokemon is shiny or not. You will have to choose it and check its summary, or use it in battle, to find out if it’s shiny or not.

10. Q: Can I save before hatching my Egg, and reset until I have a shiny?
A: No. Unfortunately, everything about the Egg is set when you receive it, so you'll end up with the same Pokemon every time if you use this method. You can, however, save before you take the Egg from the Daycare man, hatch it, and reset until you have a shiny.

11. Q: If my shiny Pokemon evolves, will it stay shiny?
A: Yes. Shininess isn't something that changes.

12. Q: Do shiny Ditto transform into shiny versions of the opponent's Pokemon?
A: Yes.

If any more questions are asked multiple times, I’ll add them to the FAQ.

TRJessie579
26th October 2005, 10:31 PM
NOTICE to all that are new to the forums!

This thread is NOT for asking about avatars, sigs, Trainer Cards, or how to make friends! Please go to the Newbie section for that:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

That is all.

This thread is for discussing shiny Pokemon in FR/LG: Any questions you have about them that aren’t answered in the FAQ, plus what shinies you own or want to own.

I’m going to let you all continue to discuss shiny Pokemon you’re trying to get, but please, for the love of God don’t spam. Unfortunately, if I see too many more spam posts of this nature:

etc etc, I will have to change the rules to discussion on shiny Pokemon owned ONLY. Please be considerate of my sanity. :) Updates every day of how many times you’ve soft-reset or how many Eggs you’ve hatched just isn’t fun for me. One post per shiny wanted per person, please.

Don’t post about all the shinies you’ve gotten through cheating. No one cares.

And without further ado:

SHINY POKEMON FAQ

The main site’s SHINY PAGE (http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml)

1. Q: Shiny Pokemon? What are those?
A: Shiny Pokemon first appeared in the Gold and Silver games for the Gameboy Color. Basically, they are alternately colored Pokemon (for example, shiny Charizard is black instead of orange).

2. Q: Wow! Are shiny Pokemon more powerful?
A: Unfortunately, no. The ONLY difference between shinies and regular Pokemon is the color. They’re pretty much just for bragging rights.

3: Q: How can I find a shiny Pokemon?
A: Every Pokemon that you see in the wild, hatch from an Egg, get from an event (such as your starter, Eevee, etc) has the same chance of being shiny: 1/8,192. These are pretty high odds, so you need to be very lucky to come across one. There’s no place that they’re more common, and no surefire way to find one. You just need luck.

4: Q: But I’ve seen over 10,000 Pokemon in my game and haven’t found a shiny yet! That can’t be right!
A: 1/8,192 is a probability. That doesn’t mean that after 8,192 Pokemon, you will automatically find a shiny.
A good example of this is when you roll dice. You have a 1/6 chance of getting any particular number when you roll, such as the number 2. That doesn’t mean that you will roll a 2 in six rolls, or that your second roll will be a 2, etc.
The same goes for shiny Pokemon. You may find a shiny on your first try, or within a hundred tries, or maybe not until 10,000 tries.
To delve in a bit deeper, picture that whenever you encounter a Pokemon, a random number between 1 and 8,192 is generated. Let’s say that the number 500 is the “shiny number.” If 500 happens to be the random number that’s generated, the Pokemon will be shiny. If the number is anything else, it will be a normal Pokemon. Nice odds, aren’t they?

5: Q: If I breed a shiny Pokemon, will the baby from the Egg be shiny as well?
A: Unlike in G/S/C, where you had a higher chance of hatching shiny offspring when the parents were shiny, this is NOT true for any of the 3rd generation games. Every Pokemon has the same odds of being shiny, no matter what.

6: Q: What is this “soft resetting” thing I’ve been hearing about?
A: Soft resetting is when you press Start + Select + A + B to reset your gameboy (just like turning the system off and on). It’s helpful when trying to find a shiny of a Pokemon you can save in front of, such as your starter at the beginning, legendaries like Articuno and Snorlax, etc. Save, soft-reset, see if the Pokemon is shiny, if not turn off your game and try again. Just like finding any shiny, this depends completely on luck, but if you’re patient you should eventually get your shiny. Keep in mind that this could take hours or days with luck, and months and months without.

7: Q: What does a shiny _____ look like?
A: The Pokedex on the main site shows sprites of every Pokemon:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/

Just look up the one you want.

8: Q: How do I know if I have a shiny Pokemon?
A: Besides the change in color, a shiny Pokemon will sparkle when it comes into battle. There are also a couple changes on its summary page, which you can see on the main site’s shiny page (link above).

9. Q: When will I know if I’ve gotten a shiny starter?
A: When you’re choosing your starter, the game will show you a picture of each Pokemon. This picture will NOT show you whether that Pokemon is shiny or not. You will have to choose it and check its summary, or use it in battle, to find out if it’s shiny or not.

10. Q: Can I save before hatching my Egg, and reset until I have a shiny?
A: No. Unfortunately, everything about the Egg is set when you receive it, so you'll end up with the same Pokemon every time if you use this method. You can, however, save before you take the Egg from the Daycare man, hatch it, and reset until you have a shiny.

11. Q: If my shiny Pokemon evolves, will it stay shiny?
A: Yes. Shininess isn't something that changes.

12. Q: Do shiny Ditto transform into shiny versions of the opponent's Pokemon?
A: Yes.

If any more questions are asked multiple times, I’ll add them to the FAQ.

~Shining-Metagross~
26th October 2005, 10:33 PM
I am currently writting a more in-debt shiny Faq, but no-where as in-detail as this baby. I was going to write it and submit it to Game Faqs. They don't seem to have one.

One thing I have to say: ITS ALL DOWN TO LUCK! I have one shiny I have caught, the rest are traded from friends/aqatences. You could have no shinys, you could have ten. Thier is no code, or anything to get one. Its just PURE Luck and DON'T let anyone tell you otherwise. Also, don't ***** about how you don't have one. Frankly, having one does not effect your game in anyway, shape or form. They just look cool, and are rare.

Anyways, I have 3 shinys. A Magnetric(Which is rather Crappy, unfortaniltly.), evolved from a shiny Elektrike. I caught about 7 hours on Ruby.
I have a shiny Pelieper, evolved from Wingull, that I got off my Neighbour. Havent checked it propally out yet. Could be good, could be crap. Havent checked.
Both are these are currently on my Fr. I have a shiny Tangelier from a Fr, from a guy I meet at the Deoxys Tour. It has a great Nature, Great stats, and it is part of my BF team! ^_^

First post. Nice one. ^_^

Ice Cold Glalie
26th October 2005, 10:34 PM
When you hatch eggs do the pokemon come out look shiny or do you have to check the status page??
EDIT: Never hatched a shiny either caught or soft reseted for them

ICG ;362;

~Shining-Metagross~
26th October 2005, 10:36 PM
Ive heard they come out with the Shiny Sprite. But I would always check the status page just in case. But I am 95% sure they do come out shiny.

ProtoManEXE88
26th October 2005, 10:36 PM
When you hatch eggs do the pokemon come out look shiny or do you have to check the status page??
EDIT: Never hatched a shiny either caught or soft reseted for them

ICG ;362;

I'm pretty sure it comes out shiny when it hatches... though I haven't seen this either, but I am trying ;_; I want my black Charizard *has hatched over 800 eggs*

Kasaioni
26th October 2005, 10:47 PM
just for the record, i got a shiney aggron latley

Eglice
26th October 2005, 11:11 PM
This thread is for discussing shiny Pokemon in FR/LG: Any questions you have about them that aren’t answered in the FAQ, plus what shinies you own or want to own.

Hmmm... There it says FR/LG and here is SA/RU/Emerald hehe :P

Firebird306
26th October 2005, 11:31 PM
No disrespect, but don't you mean R/S/E and not FR/LG? Because even though most of us know this is for R/S/E some new members may not know and talk about FR/LG here as it sometimes does happen. Anyway, as I said in July in the old thread I caught a Shiny Golbat in Victory Road on my Sapphire version. My only shiny ever in any version (excluding the Red Gyarados of course).

G-unit
27th October 2005, 1:02 AM
so far i've decided to focus on one shiny pokemon to hunt like a dawg
Machop it's cool and i don't see that many of them

Shining Mew
27th October 2005, 1:10 AM
Yeah, TRJessie used the same post for both FR/LG and RSE forum shiny threads. She didnt notice... no big deal.

I have no shinies in R or E. I fail :O
Ive never seen any either

GardevoirMaster
27th October 2005, 1:33 AM
=O new thread, and this ones stickied =D
I have 5 shinies in S/E. Mightyena, Bellossom, Roselia, Spinda, and Teddiursa 8D all together including FR/LG, and XD, then I have 11 =O

Trainer Ed
27th October 2005, 12:53 PM
I dont really in this game have any shinies. But I think I gonna trade my Shiny Entei from LG to Emerald

VenomX`
27th October 2005, 1:09 PM
I have ten shinies altogether,rapidash dustox swellow sandslash articuno kecleon nidoking stantler pelipper and altaria

Trainer Ed
27th October 2005, 6:27 PM
I can take back that I dont have any shinies in this game! I just caught A shiny Tentacool!!

japala
27th October 2005, 9:25 PM
Well, since it was deleted I'll say it again.

I have a tentacruel and an altaria. Both suck. Both are hm slaves.
I found them around the 100 hour mark. Haven't seen one since. I'm not lookin for any shinies at the moment.

PkmnTrainerJ
27th October 2005, 11:28 PM
If this is the new thread shouldn't this one be deleted - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=54634 ? I feel wierd saying something like that to a mod.

Anyways, onto shinyness. I captured a green Mewtwo on LeafGreen after just 3 soft resets. I'll upload box pictures later.

EDIT: Thanks, I must be in a Twilight Zone or something, because I thought I remembered doing all that. O_o Sorry.

-TRJ

ilovchansey
28th October 2005, 12:35 AM
Still searching for a tailow:'(
Hurray!!!!My post is on the first page

Dragonking
28th October 2005, 12:39 AM
Searching for Shiny Ho-oh and many others.
Have Shiny Tentacruel, Shiny Skarmory, Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Xatu, Shiny Electrode.

Dragonking
28th October 2005, 12:43 AM
We get to start over in this thread again. Okay I am currently resetting for a shiny mewtwo.

Gamesfreak13562
28th October 2005, 12:48 AM
Speaking of the Shiny Ho-Oh, is the Ho-Oh from Colloseum able to be shiny?

Dragonking
28th October 2005, 12:58 AM
hey of course you get the credit for stickying my thread.

PkmnTrainerJ
28th October 2005, 1:00 AM
Also forgot to mention something cruel, on my way out after catching Mewtwo, I ran into a blue Electrode...threw an Ultra Ball, it broke out and then blew up at me...

Damned Electrode. I will have my vengance!!!

PkmnTrainerJ
28th October 2005, 1:03 AM
Well, onto my Hoenn originating shiny. I have one. A shiny Linoone which I got from Nintendo for sending off for the Eon Ticket fix. No others in Hoenn.

*is a sad panda*

ZadokRox
28th October 2005, 1:33 AM
I have a shiny Fearow while I was looking for a shiny Ponyta. I also ran into a shiny Diglett when I started a new game, but I knocked it out. :( Waaaaaah!

Magma Grunt Alex
28th October 2005, 3:02 AM
On battle CD #46, I had a Shiny Lugia! At first I thought "AWESOME!!!" then I realized that it was the battle CD, That blew me away. But for some reason, I kept losing on that CD untill Shiny Lugia Appeared.

DJ Panic!
28th October 2005, 3:14 AM
Trying to hatch a shiny Bagon,Beldum,and Absol
I have a shiny...
Starmie

My second post is on the first page of a big Thread Yay!

Venonat
28th October 2005, 4:12 AM
I got me a shiny tropius lately, but still lookin for a shiny carvannah

-;048;

28th October 2005, 9:57 AM
On battle CD #46, I had a Shiny Lugia! At first I thought "AWESOME!!!" then I realized that it was the battle CD, That blew me away. But for some reason, I kept losing on that CD untill Shiny Lugia Appeared.
Shiny Lugia on the battle CD? that's cool!

shme it wasn't story mode!

Zabi
28th October 2005, 11:25 AM
Well, I am getting XD today, and am hoping to atleast get 1 shiny...

BlackWholeSun
28th October 2005, 2:49 PM
im still hatching for shiny treeko with crunch. But i have decided to ride around looking for other shinys in the grass while hatching so im sure to come across 1 shiny, i hope.

The only shiny i have ever seen was a shiny whismur in underground dessert and I atacked it with my lv.89 sceptile with false swipe and got it to 1 hp.

But i forgot it had roar and it use it first moove. thats when i started hitting myseld in the face with a shoe cause i had a lv. 68 loudred in my party(sound proof.)

>.<

JG THE MASTER
28th October 2005, 5:13 PM
I got myself a shiny oddish

Sapphy
28th October 2005, 7:48 PM
Kind of looking for a jolly/adamant shiny Zubat. Does all my spd-training in the altering cave, so I guess I have a chance(already got two shiny Bat's, but with REALLY bad nature :( Won't look when not training).Was looking for a shiny Poochyena before because golden Poochy is sexy, but it appeared, so I'm not looking for that guy anymore. Altso looking for a shiny Spinda or a Ralts, so I will look for them while EV-training in sp.atk.

VampirateMace
28th October 2005, 10:08 PM
I had a Shiny Linone (not much diffrent, but it sparkled)... whilest I tryed to hatch a shiney zigagoon with it, I found and caught a wild one (looks the same as the others in the dim house light, but sparkles). I've also seen the shiney silicoon (pretty impressive) and a shiney sandshrew (no where near as impressive.)

PkmnTrainerJ
28th October 2005, 10:13 PM
Shining Mew, something that you should put it your first post about shiny Shadow Smeargle. It's tail is red normally, and green when shiny because Colosseum uses Stadium 2 models for Johto Pok&#233;mon, and back in Stadium 2 Smeargle had a green tail.

Also, on shinies, I used my Mewtwo and Linoone on Colosseum earlier. Never use them on Colosseum, they look sickening. Yellow tailed Mewtwo and a Linoone that didn't even look shiny.

Ring's Jealousy
28th October 2005, 10:19 PM
Meh, I have shiny Jirachi, Lapras, Claydol, and Ledian. me likes Gold Shinies. =o

Expert Evan
29th October 2005, 12:09 AM
Now to introduce my 4th shiny:

a brave wingull met at level 22 on route 118 in emerald. Now 3 out of 4 of my shinies have the keen eye ability.

Champion Jared 14
29th October 2005, 12:40 AM
Well, my luckiest experiece with shinies was a year ago for me in ruby. I encountered my first 2 shinies in a row. First came shiny tentacool, captured east of mauville city. Then I decided to go to Slateport from the bridge, then I found shiny gulpin. Now I have a shiny;354; ,;317; ;169; ;073;

Rufinito18
29th October 2005, 1:05 AM
ive seen a shiny skarm and barboach..but in the BT.. does it count like fiinding a shiny pkm in the wild?

ilovchansey
29th October 2005, 2:26 AM
ive seen a shiny skarm and barboach..but in the BT.. does it count like fiinding a shiny pkm in the wild?
yea it does unfortenatly

Shining Mew
29th October 2005, 3:21 AM
hey of course you get the credit for stickying my thread.

why would i stick a thread that broke the rules? :rolleyes: Oh e-noes

PkmnTrainerJ- mmmkay. Interesting.

iluvwobbuffet
29th October 2005, 2:33 PM
I have shiny Beedrill that I caught as a Weedle about an hour or so into the game. It has a Hasty nature, but otherwise, I guess it's useless, lol.

Right now, I'm hunting for a Shiny Wobbuffet(who saw that coming), and I'm hatching for a shiny Lickitung. *prepares for the months of hunting and egg hatching* =^_^=

ilovchansey
29th October 2005, 4:13 PM
I have shiny Beedrill that I caught as a Weedle about an hour or so into the game. It has a Hasty nature, but otherwise, I guess it's useless, lol.

Right now, I'm hunting for a Shiny Wobbuffet(who saw that coming), and I'm hatching for a shiny Lickitung. *prepares for the months of hunting and egg hatching* =^_^=
i wish you luck!

Shadow Suicune
29th October 2005, 8:19 PM
My friend caught a shiny Hariyama while we were talking each other. Now he has a shiny Pelipper and a shiny Hariyama.

Ishino
29th October 2005, 10:38 PM
My friend has a golden Pidgeot...damn her ><
I want a gold Pidgey. I've been at it for a while, but nada so far.
The only shiny from a 3rd gen game i ever got, was a shiny Relicanth. I couldnt believe it. I had it 3 days and my cousin resets my game. &#172;&#172;
Life is harsh ;_;

Alfonc
30th October 2005, 12:09 AM
Am using this old post for some important links needed:

Gold Symbol Reports:

Gold Guts Symbol Report (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3136011&postcount=3394);197;;094;;286;

Gold Brave and Luck Symbol Reports (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3150917&postcount=2062);144;;145;;146; & ;336;;130;;208;

Other Topics of interest:

User Ranks (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=2853384&postcount=1)

Pokemon Movesets Guide(For Competitive Battling)-Kaiser (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=65814)

The Uprise of Cipher(PG-13)-Orion-Sama (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=86217);126;

TM Breeding Guide-eldes (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=116943);381;;380;;376;;094;;143;; 128;

PB88's Battle Frontier Tips and Tricks-Powerful Blaziken88 (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=74586);257;

Battle Pyramid Wild Pokémon Guide-Expert Evan (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=120714);240;

Hold Item Help Thread-Volteon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=112665);135;

Battle Palace Nature Percentage-Volteon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3060810&postcount=1649);135;

Frontier Brains Pokemon,Ev's and IV's (http://web.archive.org/web/20041123111946/pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/gba/battle-frontier/leaders/)

Battle Dome,Trainers Layout (http://web.archive.org/web/20041123102056/pokefor.greenchu.de/meowth346/gba/battle-frontier/battle-dome/)

EE's Secret Base Training Tips-Expert Evan (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=124358);240;

SM's Guide to Ev Training in Pkmn Emerald-Alfonc (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=126259)

SM's Guide to Battle Frontier Pokemon-Alfonc (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=127312)

The Suicune,Entei,Raikou Club*Join Today!*-Alfonc (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=3542851#post3542851);245;;244;;24 3;

;rukario; ;manafi; ;munchlax; ;manene; ;bonsly; ;manyula;
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Topics:

{Completely New!}Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXqZ8TlaaNs)

Pokemon Battle Revolution Topics:

Pokemon Battle Revolution Video,Blurry Video,Nintendo President speaking in Japanese (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apHSA8iQizI)

Pokemon Battle Revolution Video,Clearer Video,Nintendo President speaking in English (http://www.filb.de/?option=news&aktion=komm&ID=397)

Omega Lugia
30th October 2005, 1:26 AM
I feel lucky, I've probably caught more than 30 shinies in Sapphire, Firered, & Emerald Combined (No gameshark used) I'll list my favorites and their nicknames though just to save time

Pichu (Female): Aki-Chan (Japanese for Baby)
Mewtwo: Sephiroth (FF7)
Blaziken (Male): Cloud
Clefable (Female): Cait Sith
Gardevoir (Female): Aeris
Scyther (Female): Yuffie
Metagross: Barret
Entei: Red XIII
Espeon (Female): Epsilon
Starmie: Delta
Sneasel (Female): Winter
Charizard (Female): Salamandra
Milotic (Female)
Plusle (Female): Wattie
Minun (Female)
Ludicolo (Male): AyeCarumba
Altaria (Male)
Shedinja: Kenny (lol!)

Rufinito18
30th October 2005, 1:41 AM
yea it does unfortenatly
*cry* im so unlucky

ilovchansey
30th October 2005, 2:26 AM
I have started my reign on the abras
I have got 9999 coims now and i can buy 56 abras at a time!if none are shiny then i soft reset

japala
30th October 2005, 3:36 AM
Dont worry I am too. I saw a shiny pineco in the battle arena.

Shadow Suicune
30th October 2005, 9:47 AM
Yo!,you make me jealous!,can I have your Shiny *Articuno*?

:)
I think I live too far from you. But I would not trade it even if I lived nearer to you. *hugs a shiny Articuno* :)
BTW Good luck on shiny Ho-oh and Lugia

Finnmonster
30th October 2005, 1:40 PM
I have found shiny Meowth in LG and KOed shiny Persian in my previous FR file. I'm quite sure that the first wild Ledyba I saw was shiny.

Rufinito18
30th October 2005, 8:21 PM
Dont worry I am too. I saw a shiny pineco in the battle arena.
but i saw TWO shiny pokemon in battle tower

waterlunar
30th October 2005, 8:50 PM
About 350 eggs for Corphish w/ Body Slam/Hail and about 200 resets for Arti..gonna go back for Arti when December starts..it might be lucky to do it with the weather xP

waterlunar
30th October 2005, 8:55 PM
iluvchansey, does they send the pokemon you buy right to your box or no? o.o; if not then you would only need money for 5 abras...

cxoa
30th October 2005, 9:03 PM
no go to ur box if u dont have room in ur party

ilovchansey
30th October 2005, 9:06 PM
i fill up box 4 and most of 5

cxoa
30th October 2005, 9:14 PM
you had any luck with that, if u do let me know and i might try it

ilovchansey
30th October 2005, 9:21 PM
OMG i just got a shiny abra!

Kiwisphinx
30th October 2005, 9:29 PM
Congrats!! (Maybe I should do that?)

cxoa
30th October 2005, 9:32 PM
i was resetin for a deoxys but got fed up after 900 or so and just caught one

Rufinito18
30th October 2005, 11:16 PM
lol westlunar

i hatched 60 zizagoon eggs..-_- my lv 20 linoone is now lv 50 and my lv 2 zizgagoon lv 46

PkmnTrainerJ
30th October 2005, 11:17 PM
I'm attempting to get a shiny Kecleon from the Devon Scope Kecleon's. Also, I have a query about shiny Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja. If your Nincada is shiny will the Shedinja "offspring" also be shiny?

Rufinito18
30th October 2005, 11:19 PM
I'm attempting to get a shiny Kecleon from the Devon Scope Kecleon's. Also, I have a query about shiny Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja. If your Nincada is shiny will the Shedinja "offspring" also be shiny?
I imagine so

Freeze Knight
30th October 2005, 11:24 PM
i havn´t got any shinies
i´m going to breed for a shiny kecleon

Rufinito18
30th October 2005, 11:25 PM
good luck! ...shinies were easier to get in GSC

PkmnTrainerJ
30th October 2005, 11:26 PM
i havn´t got any shinies
i´m going to breed for a shiny kecleon

If you haven't revealed all the Devon Scope Kecleon's that's easier as you can just soft reset if it isn't shiny.

PkmnTrainerJ
30th October 2005, 11:28 PM
Shiny Deoxys? Pah, the thing was a b*tch to catch both times. Wasted 90 Ultra Balls in total.

I might try the Abra thing in a moment.

Chimecho3000
31st October 2005, 12:49 AM
Got a Shining Swablu today. :)

Rufinito18
31st October 2005, 2:23 AM
niec chime!

kidumbreon
31st October 2005, 4:36 AM
yeah that abra thing is samrt.....PROPS to ilovchansey for this idea!!^_^

Dragonking
31st October 2005, 6:22 AM
Resetting for ho-oh no luck as of yet.

ScorpionX
31st October 2005, 12:11 PM
yeah that abra thing is samrt.....PROPS to ilovchansey for this idea!!^_^

Don't think so,it wasn't her idea,i tried it before her,i ain't even saying it's my idea btw,but ilovchansey shouldn't get "PROPS" for something she didn't think of.

Gonna go for a shiny deoxys on fire red,until i get bored that is.

Freeze Knight
31st October 2005, 4:57 PM
If you haven't revealed all the Devon Scope Kecleon's that's easier as you can just soft reset if it isn't shiny.
Thanks! I´m going to try that

People are Dolls
31st October 2005, 10:16 PM
I got a Shiny Skitty today thanks to an outbreak :3

...thats 2 Shinies for me now.

VampirateMace
31st October 2005, 10:22 PM
Right after my first post on here, I caught a purple wurmple (it's so fun to say, unfortunatly if I evolve it it'll become a dustox ((tested in victory road))...Which got me to thinking about making a wurmple refrence page.)

Freeze Knight
31st October 2005, 10:38 PM
Now I´m going to breed for a shiny Absol and will try reseting for Kecleon later

ProtoManEXE88
1st November 2005, 2:42 AM
I never did get my shiny charmander :( after over 800 eggs too... I'll have to start that up again >.>

BlackWholeSun
1st November 2005, 2:44 PM
IM GETING REALLY TICKED. i have hatched well over 1300 treeko eggs for my shiny crunchtile and still no shiny. both treekos in the daycare are both at lv.100 and have been so for some time. but their is no way im gonna stop and make 1300 eggs meaningless.
wish me luck all, *I NEED IT*
thx

Freeze Knight
1st November 2005, 7:51 PM
Hatched 60 eggs and no shiny Absol

jjones1
1st November 2005, 7:53 PM
Hatched one egg and got a shiny Wobbefeut.

ilovchansey
1st November 2005, 8:25 PM
To all a good luck!

Dragonking
1st November 2005, 9:56 PM
I stopped hatching corphish at 1200 eggs. I'll continue when I feel like hatching eggs again. Now I'm looking for anything that has a an alternate color and stars.

PKMN Legend Anthony
1st November 2005, 10:45 PM
i recentllly hatched a shinny Charmander without trying! ( wanted a charizard in my FR team with Belly Drum) Now its an awsome Lv 74 Black Charizard!

ilovchansey
1st November 2005, 10:46 PM
I am seaching for a moltress

Dragonking
1st November 2005, 10:50 PM
Good luck with that, you'd get knid of bored when you have resetted 600 times.

Dragonking
1st November 2005, 11:14 PM
Well to continue where we left off. In colosseum my Xatu is yellow, Tentacruel is green with blue orbs on the head, skarmory is brown feathers are still green. Electrode, Rayquaza look like R/S/E shiny sprites.

ilovchansey
1st November 2005, 11:17 PM
i recentllly hatched a shinny Charmander without trying! ( wanted a charizard in my FR team with Belly Drum) Now its an awsome Lv 74 Black Charizard!
you are very lucky....im looking for a shining tailow!

waterlunar
1st November 2005, 11:24 PM
Im playing my FR for now...hoping to run into something if my luck ativates...since I havent got a Kanto/Johto ones...

Angel-FoX-crescent
1st November 2005, 11:26 PM
Wish shinies would look just as nice on colossuem like they do on the Game Boy.

Dragonking
2nd November 2005, 12:24 AM
Going for Ho-oh in emerald, anything in ruby, idon't know what in sapphire.

Wolfstalker
2nd November 2005, 1:21 AM
Got a shiny crobat and golem off of trade.

JoJo@210
2nd November 2005, 4:53 AM
I caught a shiny gastly that is now a shiny Gengar.
Though I'm searching for more shinies while I do my EV training. Killing 2 birds with one stone....scratch that one bullet. (How can a stone kill 2 birds?!)

ScorpionX
2nd November 2005, 10:58 AM
IM GETING REALLY TICKED. i have hatched well over 1300 treeko eggs for my shiny crunchtile and still no shiny. both treekos in the daycare are both at lv.100 and have been so for some time. but their is no way im gonna stop and make 1300 eggs meaningless.
wish me luck all, *I NEED IT*
thx

Hatched 60 eggs and no shiny Absol

Hatched one egg and got a shiny Wobbefeut.

To all a good luck!

Erm you guys do realise this thread was restarted because of posts like these don't you? and TRjessie579 said that these kind of posts were to stop.look.

etc etc, I will have to change the rules to discussion on shiny Pokemon owned ONLY. Please be considerate of my sanity. Updates every day of how many times you’ve soft-reset or how many Eggs you’ve hatched just isn’t fun for me. One post per shiny wanted per person, please.

I ain't moaning at you guys,nor am i trying to minimod,just that i don't want this thread closed.

Polursine
2nd November 2005, 11:03 AM
I must be really lucky. Everyone knows that Chimecho are very rare on the summit of My. Pyre, so......guess what I got...It's a lot more rare than an ordinary Chimecho...

It's a shiny green Chimecho!!! I saw the shadow, thinking "Finally, I've found you!" Then there was a sparkle, and it was green O-O

ScorpionX
2nd November 2005, 11:20 AM
Delete this post. I accidently double posted.

You can do it yourself,just go on edit post and theres a delete option near the top.

kyogre_Latias
2nd November 2005, 2:58 PM
I have a shiny bellosom, spinda and a shiny zigzagoon,
in silver i had a shiny kingler guarados and ponyta

PDL
2nd November 2005, 3:58 PM
just caught an orange Parasect just this morning in the unknown doungen, named it "Chanterele"

Firebird306
2nd November 2005, 9:35 PM
I'm so jealous, I really want a Shiny Charizard. But anyway, congratulations!

cxoa
2nd November 2005, 9:38 PM
just caught a shiny spinda, looks weird

waterlunar
2nd November 2005, 10:03 PM
Hmm...Maybe Ill try for Abra when I have time...

Kenta master
2nd November 2005, 10:24 PM
I regret to inform you that my search for a Shiny ;004; (which lasts since March) is now oficially over, haven't been successful. The goal was to trade it to Emerald and train it to become a powerfull Shiny ;006;... Anyway, that isn't even possible since you can't trade PKMNs that are not in the 'dex you have, so I've basicly searched an hour a day for 8 months in vain... Shiny's ain't worth it, when they have to show up, they will... Good luck to you guys anyway

teampez
2nd November 2005, 11:44 PM
Ah yes! I was e.v traning again in alterin cave, obviously for speed. And i saw a shiny zubat it was my 114th zubat that i fought. Im so happy i finaly have shinies outside of the silver/gold era

GeminiDragon
3rd November 2005, 12:11 AM
OMG i just got a shiny abra!
how long did it take you to get one and congrats because i am going to try and do that

ilovchansey
3rd November 2005, 12:14 AM
it took me 24 hours

bengar
3rd November 2005, 11:02 AM
i am the most unluckiest for shinies. i have seen three shinies in my time. one, a shiny carvanha, which i caught, straight after finding a feebas square. But on my fire red, i saw a shiny nidoran M in the safari zone. 5 safari balls i threw. 5! and not one could catch him. And then the little blighter ran, like all safari zone blighters do. But if you thought it couldn't get any worse, then think again. On emerald, once again in the safari zone, a shiny pineco pops up. nice shiny golden pineco. i throw one safari ball. it shakes once, twice, oh no! arrgh almost had it! and then, guess what? pineco runs. :( :( am i that scary that two shinies decide to run from me?
and thats my shiny history. pretty dodgy eh?

Magma Leader Maxie
3rd November 2005, 10:21 PM
i am the most unluckiest for shinies. i have seen three shinies in my time. one, a shiny carvanha, which i caught, straight after finding a feebas square. But on my fire red, i saw a shiny nidoran M in the safari zone. 5 safari balls i threw. 5! and not one could catch him. And then the little blighter ran, like all safari zone blighters do. But if you thought it couldn't get any worse, then think again. On emerald, once again in the safari zone, a shiny pineco pops up. nice shiny golden pineco. i throw one safari ball. it shakes once, twice, oh no! arrgh almost had it! and then, guess what? pineco runs. :( :( am i that scary that two shinies decide to run from me?
and thats my shiny history. pretty dodgy eh?

Yeah, that's really annoying. I'm almost afraid to go into the safari zone because I might see a shiny Chansey or similar. It's even more annoying when the shinies you see are Pok&#233;mon the game does not allow you to catch (Poochyena that attacks the prof., Ralts that Wally catches, a Pok&#233;mon in Battle tower, etc.)

GeminiDragon
3rd November 2005, 11:08 PM
wow you are so lucky

Cifala
4th November 2005, 3:07 AM
My shinies:
Tentacruel-Gemrald
Persian- Snowcat
Crobat- Sparkz
Zubat-Zubat
Unown- Unown
Tropius-Tropius

WANT:
Charzard- Named Charcoal
Zapdos- Named Rubeak
Golem- Goldem or RedRock

ZadokRox
4th November 2005, 3:28 AM
I would love to have a shiny Ponyta, Mareep, and Numbel. However, I would be thankful for any shiny to go along with my shiny Fearow.

BlackWholeSun
4th November 2005, 1:33 PM
Congradulations on all those shinys ghost rider. I hope my day for a shiny is soon. well i stopped counting my treeko eggs a long time agi stoped at about 3500, still hatching though. but i know that one of the laws of nature id that if over time something can happen it will. and im am so overdue for this shiny. incase yall were wondering i have 783 hours on my emerald only saw one shiny and it got away.

Leola-GAMEFREAK
4th November 2005, 6:18 PM
Well, since it was deleted I'll say it again.

I have a tentacruel and an altaria. Both suck. Both are hm slaves.
I found them around the 100 hour mark. Haven't seen one since. I'm not lookin for any shinies at the moment.

i have 442:41 hours on my emerald and i still haven't seen a shiny in the wild but on the game a trainer in battle arena had a shiny mighteyna and a trainer in the battle tower had a shiny crobat it was pink

Leola-GAMEFREAK
4th November 2005, 6:21 PM
Congradulations on all those shinys ghost rider. I hope my day for a shiny is soon. well i stopped counting my treeko eggs a long time agi stoped at about 3500, still hatching though. but i know that one of the laws of nature id that if over time something can happen it will. and im am so overdue for this shiny. incase yall were wondering i have 783 hours on my emerald only saw one shiny and it got away.

i have 442:41 hours on my emerald and i still haven't seen a shiny in the wild but on the game a trainer in battle arena had a shiny mighteyna and a trainer in the battle tower had a shiny crobat it was pink

mewtwo expert
4th November 2005, 7:17 PM
I found a shiny venemoth in the safari zone, it took me a while to realize it was a shiny i threw 1 ball at it it jumped out and fleed

cxoa
4th November 2005, 7:30 PM
ie never seen shiny in fr or lg

ZadokRox
4th November 2005, 7:44 PM
ie never seen shiny in fr or lg
Funny, I haven't found a shiny Pokemon in Ruby or Sapphire....yet.

And mewtwo expert, I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Venomoth running off on you. The Safari Zone seems to be the worst place to find a shiny Pokemon, especially those Pokemon that loves to run off. Too bad FR/LG doesn't have that Safari Zone glitch where you can catch Safari Zone Pokemon off the east coast of the Seafoam Islands like in Red/Blue.

TTar-X
4th November 2005, 8:00 PM
My shinies:
Tentacruel-Gemrald
Persian- Snowcat
Crobat- Sparkz
Zubat-Zubat
Unown- Unown
Tropius-Tropius

WANT:
Charzard- Named Charcoal
Zapdos- Named Rubeak
Golem- Goldem or RedRock
Read the part of the sig on my 3 shinies, and look at my shiny Golem's nickname; you might want to consider going with Goldem rather than Redrock if you ever catch one.

_ghost_
4th November 2005, 8:11 PM
WOOHOO! I just caught another shiny, a male ;293;
I'm SO happy! *dancesaround*

TTar-X
4th November 2005, 9:00 PM
^ Man you must of outdone yourself in obtaining all those shinies(assuming that you got none of them by trade). I like shinies, but not that much where I soft reset 5000 times for 2 months< no thanks. :-/
I'd much rather run into one accidently and unexpectedly

Cifala
5th November 2005, 3:17 AM
Read the part of the sig on my 3 shinies, and look at my shiny Golem's nickname; you might want to consider going with Goldem rather than Redrock if you ever catch one.
I like your name RedRock ^_^ . I might change it to RubyRock ;)

TTar-X
5th November 2005, 7:19 AM
I like your name RedRock ^_^ . I might change it to RubyRock ;)
Thank you, and good luck on catching that red geodude/graveler, especially that it can self-destruct. D-:

Cifala
5th November 2005, 7:44 AM
No need to catch it. My buddy has a lv 70 Golem*

Kenta master
5th November 2005, 3:01 PM
Well, I got the game Emerald past weekend and I have already awakened ;384; to calm down the fight between ;383; & ;382; and I have already beaten Juan the 8th Gym Leader... Now I´m in front of rayquaza trying to get a shiny one... can I get the black ;384; in Emerald? Or he´s always green? I ask this because, at the mini scene ;384; is green(of corse-original one-lol)!! Can I get one normaly, like any "one off shiny pkmn"?!?!

ilovchansey
5th November 2005, 3:21 PM
you can get any pokemon shiny

GrievousDude
5th November 2005, 6:06 PM
hey i hve a shiny ;310; but i think i'm gonna restart my game so i can get a ;158; instead of a ;155;, which i got right now and i can't go back to rechoose. what should i do? please help!

ilovchansey
5th November 2005, 6:19 PM
I know an easy way to find shinys
Ok get like 20 pokeblocks
Go to the safari zone
Save before you enter
Then battle pokemon until the time runs out.
If no shinys soft reset
See i found a shiney wobbefet that way.But it ran.I was looking for a light ball:-)

GrievousDude
5th November 2005, 6:57 PM
i need advice quick!

king krab kingler
5th November 2005, 7:06 PM
What do u need advice about?
As for the rayquaza one,Soft restart until you get a black one,My friend has a black rayquaza and I keep offering him amazing pokemon for it and he never wants to give it way.I have a rayquaza of my own so I don't really care if he doesn't give me it.
My shinies:;354; ;284; ;312; ;078; ;352; ;367; ;262; ;203; ;080;
I got my girafarig at the safari,and my mightyena(which was a poochyena) right after I defeated the E4 and walked out of littleroot(searching for latias)It was the first pokemon I encountered.

GrievousDude
5th November 2005, 7:13 PM
What do u need advice about?
As for the rayquaza one,Soft restart until you get a black one,My friend has a black rayquaza and I keep offering him amazing pokemon for it and he never wants to give it way.I have a rayquaza of my own so I don't really care if he doesn't give me it.
My shinies:;354; ;284; ;312; ;078; ;352; ;367; ;262; ;203; ;080;
I got my girafarig at the safari,and my mightyena(which was a poochyena) right after I defeated the E4 and walked out of littleroot(searching for latias)It was the first pokemon I encountered.

i hve a shiny ;310; but i think i'm gonna restart my game so i can get a ;158; instead of a ;155;, which i got right now and i can't go back to rechoose. what should i do? please help!

Hukuzo
5th November 2005, 7:32 PM
All I have is a shiny Swinub. I guess it's better than nothing. I also saw a shiny Wobbuffet in the Safari Zone, but it ran away. If I ever buy LG, I'm going to keep soft reseting until I get a shiny Charmander.

GrievousDude
5th November 2005, 7:40 PM
Well I don't really know cause I'm guessing you have only 1 emerald game?I have 2 and I use one for trading with my other games for my dex's and 1 I play(really I play 2 of them)I would send the cyndaquil to another game then start again and get a totodile,I have a ...

but my problem is that i do not want to get rid of my shiny manetrik

king krab kingler
5th November 2005, 7:47 PM
Well trade it over to one of your other games then trade it back!

Kiwisphinx
5th November 2005, 7:52 PM
Hey GreivousDude, do you actually have another game, a cord, and another station to plug the other game into and the cord? If so, go with mantine god's idea. If not you cannot do it now or without losing it.

GrievousDude
5th November 2005, 8:27 PM
Hey GreivousDude, do you actually have another game, a cord, and another station to plug the other game into and the cord? If so, go with mantine god's idea. If not you cannot do it now or without losing it.

awwww man, i do not have the cord but i do have a gba and a ds, i also have fire red and ruby will those games work?, the only thing i need is a cord.

DivineDeoxys
5th November 2005, 8:31 PM
I have 2 shinies,a Metagross and a Tentacool.Got the beldum shiny from stevens house.found the tentacool by mossdeep.

DivineDeoxys
5th November 2005, 8:34 PM
2 shinies:metagross an tentacool.bet ya know were i got my metagross from.got me tentacool from mossdeep.

Kiwisphinx
5th November 2005, 8:36 PM
Actually, I don't think that you can trade with a DS and a GBA. The whole thing is that the DS has the wireless hookup so there is no need for a cord. Then another bad thing is that the wireless adapter doesn't work with linking up with the DS. So you would have to have a friend with a cord and a GBA player or another Gameboy Advance. You're pretty much stuck with a Cyndaquil.

japala
5th November 2005, 8:37 PM
Where do you get shiny sprites to put in your sig?

Kiwisphinx
5th November 2005, 8:38 PM
Check the Newbie Help Topic and FAQ thread. It will tell you how.

japala
5th November 2005, 9:01 PM
NOOOOOO!!!
I was ev training a heracross and I came across a shiny zigzagoon and I had no pokeballs! I'm so mad.

PS: thanks Kiwisphinx

Kasaioni
5th November 2005, 10:19 PM
when im' done finishing getting 380 pokemon in my firered and leaf green then in both games i'll keep on looking for a shiney nideran male not even a shiney celebi glitch can replace a person's first shiney *snif*

Firebird306
5th November 2005, 10:24 PM
NOOOOOO!!!
I was ev training a heracross and I came across a shiny zigzagoon and I had no pokeballs! I'm so mad.

PS: thanks Kiwisphinx
That must feel bad, but that's why I always carry heaps of Ultra Balls and a Master Ball with me. Just incase a Shiny Legendary or a Pokemon with a move to end the battle I could just throw my Master Ball at it. I feel sorry for you.

Kasaioni
5th November 2005, 10:36 PM
ya i always have at least 20 ultra balls with me just incase

japala
5th November 2005, 11:00 PM
I thought i had some leftover from cathing ditto but I guess not. Right after the battle I bought 99 ultra balls.

Firebird306
5th November 2005, 11:51 PM
^Good idea, I need to buy some more Ultra Balls just incase. I used the rest up.

Kiwisphinx
5th November 2005, 11:52 PM
I have a question on the Johto starters. Will it show that it is shiny, or do you have to look at its status to tell?

japala
6th November 2005, 3:30 AM
You have to look at its stats...

amulekbird
6th November 2005, 1:40 PM
OK, I have looked here and elsewhere for the answers to these questions.

Has anyone actually hatched a shiny? If so, how long did it take? (Edited to clarify: I know people have "accidentally" hatched a shiny. What I'm asking is for those who have deliberately tried to hatch a shiny. Thanks.)

I've hatched now about 1500 Ralts trying for a shiny one. I know the odds are 1 in 8,192. I guess my question is, has anyone actually had to try for that long...or longer?

I've probably got about 1500 hours total playing time between all different pokemon games...never seen a shiny. Should I just give up as the world's unluckiest pokemon trainer?

SuperGlalie
6th November 2005, 2:17 PM
Amulekbird i think you are unlucky. Last thursday after having played my emerald for 162 hours (after starting for the first time and having caught a shiny geodude and zubat) i found a shiny golbat.

I randomly decided to listen to the music and train something and as i was in victory road i looked there to find wild pokemon to listen to the music and the second thing i found was a shiny green golbat. (And i had my shiny magneton first!) when it first appeared on the screen i knew it was a golbat but then i thought it was green and checked it and it was and i cheered. However, the stupid thing is relaxed which is defence up and speed down! eek! but i dont care now i got six shinies!

all i want is something from the ruby generation like snorunt/glalie cos they are so evil!

My only thing now is whether to evolve it or not cos on colosseum shiny golbat looks better than shiny crobat and i already have 1 of them.

amulekbird
6th November 2005, 2:23 PM
Amulekbird i think you are unlucky. Last thursday after having played my emerald for 162 hours (after starting for the first time and having caught a shiny geodude and zubat) i found a shiny golbat.

LOL. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm determined, though...when I finally get that shiny Ralts in, say, the year 2015, I'll come back and let you all know.

BTW, I still am curious about the hatching question.

Frecyo
6th November 2005, 2:35 PM
After beating Ruby 4 times, each with 50+ hours on them, Emerald Twice and Sapphire once (My emerald has 200 hours on it) I failed to get a shiny Nincada while hatching eggs. I just cleaned out my boxes to try again!

SuperGlalie
6th November 2005, 2:36 PM
hey you'll find one - i played silver and gold for ages (at least 2000 hours)and i found lots of wild pokemon and no shinies.

the hatching question im not sure how long but it can take a while cos ive tried 500 odd snorunt on purpose and had nothing.
Just don't give up!

MetalMario
7th November 2005, 12:20 AM
What's this? The Shiny Thread's started over! I must've been away for a little too long...

I own a shiny Linoone, Exploud, Jumpluff, Porygon2, another Hoppip, and a Dragonite. Pory and Nite were hard fought for at the Game Corner while the rest were random encounters.

I'm currently searching for a shiny Seviper, and I've already raised a Jolteon to L100 in the process. (from the Seviper patch alone) My Breloom is already L73--also just from the Seviper patch. That's probably around 5000 encounters total--more than for Pory or Nite.

I'm also the co-owner of the SHC at PC. (I don't believe links are permitted.)

Finnmonster
7th November 2005, 4:28 PM
I'm not looking for shinies, I'm training and hatching some Tyrogue eggs to get good natures. I'm trying to get another shiny Meowth. They're common in wild, so sooner or later I'll find one. And, like I said, I'm not looking for a one. I'm just training.

I'll restart Ruby and send shiny Wingull to LG. One of my Zigzagoons will be traded, too. Only four shinies and I'm pretty proud of them. I shouldn't. If somebody challenged me to battle with shinies I'd lose. Shiny Wingull vs. shiny Metagross. Shiny Zigzagoon(s) vs. shiny Golem. Shiny Meowth vs. shiny Tentacruel. Hehe.

Shiny Exeggutor
7th November 2005, 8:12 PM
i got a new shiny abra yesterday
here is the info if u dont believe me
Shiny abra
game time 19:40
real time and date nov 6 05 9:13 pm
30 resets of 47 each=1410 abras

Shiny Exeggutor
7th November 2005, 8:15 PM
i got a new shiny abra
Shiny abra

MetalMario
7th November 2005, 10:39 PM
I'm not looking for shinies, I'm training and hatching some Tyrogue eggs to get good natures. I'm trying to get another shiny Meowth. They're common in wild, so sooner or later I'll find one. And, like I said, I'm not looking for a one. I'm just training.

I'll restart Ruby and send shiny Wingull to LG. One of my Zigzagoons will be traded, too. Only four shinies and I'm pretty proud of them. I shouldn't. If somebody challenged me to battle with shinies I'd lose. Shiny Wingull vs. shiny Metagross. Shiny Zigzagoon(s) vs. shiny Golem. Shiny Meowth vs. shiny Tentacruel. Hehe.
Better than TWO shiny Jumpluffs! XD (and that's if I train my second Hoppip) Dragonite and Pory would handle quite nicely, I'll admit.

i got a new shiny abra
Shiny abra
Congrats! I'll update your PC-SHC card after I get around to updating LDD's. (I still think using the cards here at SPP is a bit... odd.)

cxoa
7th November 2005, 11:06 PM
a shiny torkoal for me :) three from sapphire two from emerald

Okami_Kage
7th November 2005, 11:29 PM
I got a shiny persian(look down) at 86 hours without trying:D!!Now I am going for shiny legendarys

MacX
8th November 2005, 1:52 AM
Note: Both of the soft reset was meant to find the correct natures, not shiny hunting.

Shiny Kyogre- About the 20th try...I was shocked with Kyogre (I was just ready to go to bed) and made sure he wouldnt die with Recoil damage from Double Edge. It was in 2004 and I showed my dorm roomie it and of course he didnt know it was shiny cuz he didnt play that version (emerald). I caught it with a Net Ball and is named "-Bass-" . AND IT WAS CALM!!! XD

RegiRock - About the 45th try...I was like "OMG, AGAIN?!? *I gave a bemused raised eyebrow and thought "Heh not ANOTHER one..."* yay for ShinyRocko with an Ultraball. I think i only weakened it to almost red...and the only bad side was that THIS sucker was also CALM. >o< (and I didnt even have Synchro)

I still have a Kecleon that I haven't "encountered" so now Im going to Shiny Hunt it...

GrievousDude
8th November 2005, 1:54 AM
this is super off-topic but it is urgent!

i came back from sky pillar and brougt rayquaza to sootpolis and talked to arcie, maxie, and then they left. then i tallked to wallace and he thanked me then left but he did not give me HM 07 waterfall, and now i can not get to ever grande city!

Can you guys please help!

MacX
8th November 2005, 1:58 AM
When i had a rom of Leaf Green, I found a shiny tentacool while surfing on island 1 (about 3 steps from the path to the right of the Pokecenter. But I reseted cuz it doesnt matter what I get on a Rom

The Leaf green game I own has NO shinies (which is a first considering I avg about 3 shinies in the Metal Generations and in Emerald which I have ShinyRegiRock and Kyogre). Currently doing the "abra trick". Plan to reset the game once that happens

And yes ive gone thru all the Legendaries. My Mewtwo BLOWS since its Lax...I just wanted to get it with an Ultra Ball. I also wasted my Master ball on Sassy Raikou. Bah reset is imminent!!!

jssr903
8th November 2005, 2:35 AM
i got a new shiny abra yesterday
Shiny abra
19:40??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F***IN LUCKY!

Humph...
8th November 2005, 4:24 AM
i've played my ruby for almost 400 hours and i have seen no shinies, but on my firered(a little off topic?) i've played it for 20 hours and i've seen and captured one shiny ryhorn in the afari zone. is it just me or is that slightly strange?

MetalMario
8th November 2005, 5:31 AM
When i had a rom of Leaf Green, I found a shiny tentacool while surfing on island 1 (about 3 steps from the path to the right of the Pokecenter. But I reseted cuz it doesnt matter what I get on a Rom
This is why I try to avoid roms. I'm afraid I'll find a shiny something, but it's not quite legitimate in my eyes since cheating's just that easy.

And yes ive gone thru all the Legendaries. My Mewtwo BLOWS since its Lax...I just wanted to get it with an Ultra Ball. I also wasted my Master ball on Sassy Raikou. Bah reset is imminent!!!
Well... I caught an Adamant Mewtwo in a Poké Ball! Beat that irony!

cxoa
8th November 2005, 11:22 AM
ive played fr and lg for about 90 hours each and the only shinys ive seen are in trainer tower, got my first shiny about 12 hours or so into sapphire

Finnmonster
8th November 2005, 4:17 PM
Better than TWO shiny Jumpluffs! XD (and that's if I train my second Hoppip)
Are you SERIOUS?! I'd LOVE to have a shiny Jumpluff or one of its evolution stages. And Jumpluff is something you really can be proud of, Zigzagoon isn't. Almost everybody has a shiny Ziggy. Or Tentacool.

Whawa. It's mad. Every Meowth, Pidgey, Phanpy or Sentret I meet seem to be shiny. I should have better headphones so I could hear the sparkle sound better. I've caught dozens of non-shiny monsters that I've thought to be shiny. Arggh!