PDA

View Full Version : Wheel...of Frontier! (426)

Serebii
27th October 2005, 1:45 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/426.jpgWheel..of Frontier!

Finally at the Battle Arena, Ash meets Greta and instantly wants to begin his battle to get his 2nd Frontier Symbol. It's a 2 on 2 battle. Greta using Hariyama & Medicham, Ash using Grovyle and his old friend Snorlax. Will Ash and Snorlax manage to overwhelm Greta's forces?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/426.shtml)

Discuss

ChaosMage
27th October 2005, 6:13 PM
Is it legal to post yet?

I doubt there will be many surprises here, as the outcome has been known since before the preview came up. I'm happy Snorlax returned, and that it was even foreshadowed in the previous episode (the Snorlax dummy). Grovyle is having its first major battle in a while, as is the 'Lax himself. I'd like to see if there are any interesting surprises in this episode that we had not foreseen...

Thriller
27th October 2005, 6:24 PM
Once again Ash is too eager to start his battle. I guess "Pokemon in a Nutshell" right.

ChaosMage
27th October 2005, 6:43 PM
Oh my God, I just realised! Ash has not used Pikachu in a battle ONCE since the Battle Frontier began (unless I'm wrong, I think Gengar was its last opponent)- then again, Swellow and Corphish are just the same [sigh]

greatfire
27th October 2005, 7:55 PM
Has the opening been updated with Greta? And what about Chimecho?

JazzJazz
27th October 2005, 9:18 PM
I'm predicting that Greta, like others before her, was surprised by the speed and agility that snorlax was capable of... especially the height it seemed to reach in the preview clip.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th October 2005, 9:39 PM
Oh yeah,if anyone watches this,tell us if the opening has been updated with Kagomi.

V Faction
28th October 2005, 1:20 AM
I'm predicting that Great, like others before her, was surprised by the speed and agility that snorlax was capable of... especially the height it seemed to reach in the preview clip.
You mean others like Fine, Awesome, and Okay, in addition to Great?

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
28th October 2005, 1:29 AM
XD I think it's a spelling error that he did.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
28th October 2005, 1:49 AM
Uh oh! The Lazy King is back Snorlax,But it looks like it's stronger than ever

Thriller
28th October 2005, 1:52 AM
Well Oos is gonna be happy, I heard that Brawly was in a flashback somewhere in this episode.

Jo-Jo
28th October 2005, 3:04 AM
^ *perks up* He was? Oooh, goodie. Brawley's hot. Shame about the voice.

Err, I have nothing interesting to say about this episode. >_> *runs away*

CyberCubed
28th October 2005, 4:07 AM
I'm just curious if Snorlax and Munchlax interacted with each other at all in this ep...

JazzJazz
28th October 2005, 7:16 AM
You mean others like Fine, Awesome, and Okay, in addition to Great?

Yeah, be smart... I'm sure there are trainers out there named Great (as opposed to Greta), Awesome, So-so, etc...

~Shining-Metagross~
28th October 2005, 9:53 AM
Things Im wondering:
-Did Snorlax and Munchlax interacted with each other?
-Is that Hyper Beam that Snorlax is using?

Alfonso
28th October 2005, 2:04 PM
^ *perks up* He was? Oooh, goodie. Brawley's hot. Shame about the voice.

Err, I have nothing interesting to say about this episode. >_> *runs away*

Yeah, Brawley's pretty hot. But not as hot as Brawly! ;D

Yay for finally having a flashback to a Houen Gym Leader! ^^ I now await Rira having a Nosepass and there being a Roxanne flashback. But the flashback is of her from the back. Naked. :x

Why is everyone so obsessed with Snorlax and Gonbe interaction? I see nothing interesting in such a thing in the slightest.

Flamez
28th October 2005, 5:50 PM
me neither im just interested in seeing Snorlax and seeing him battling again. Running off now to check if the episode is up for download.

Juputoru
28th October 2005, 7:06 PM
XD I think it's a spelling error that he did.

Yeah, be smart... I'm sure there are trainers out there named Great (as opposed to Greta), Awesome, So-so, etc...
It's called "poking fun at a misspelling". He wasn't serious :/

Anyway, we get a flashback of Brawly? Goodie!

And I honestly hope that Gonbe and Snorlax don't interact at all. Just to shut all those "OMG how did Munchlax & Snorlax act with each other?!?" people up. ;D Hmm, maybe Gonbe comes out at the end but Snowlax is busy sleeping so nothing happens? 8D

FlamingRuby
28th October 2005, 7:36 PM
After taking a looksie at the screenshots, here are my .02:

--Greta is so pretty...I'm surprised Brock didn't go gaga over her!
--TR in training=hilarious
--Pikachu didn't fight in the main event, but he did give TR their daily zapping.
--Snorlax did a great job!

Caption meter:

This episode had loads of caption fodder!

Torkoal Stu
28th October 2005, 8:16 PM
Anyway this episode looks very cool and here are some points:

*Scott returned, and also was drinking tea, lol.
*Team rocket did the training thing, which was priceless.
*Brawly and Chuck had a picturey thing, I guess just to compear Greta to gym leaders.
*Manene was cleaning with James, (the floor lol)
*Brock didn't seem suprised when Ash let out Snorlax, no like "omg Snorlax". Wierd, also I didn't see a shot of him getting it back, just him having it, wierd aswell.
*Grovlye lost against Hariyama.
*Snorlax used Ice Punch/Beam (couldn't really tell in the picture) against Hariyama to win.
*Snorlax got frozen with Ice Punch, which then got punched away and he did some cool moves.
*Used Hyper Beam a few times, so its still his signature move. *nods*
*Also it never showed Ash returning Snorlax, so he may still have him. *hopes*

V Faction
28th October 2005, 8:25 PM
*Brawly and Chuck had a picturey thing, I guess just to compear Greta to gym leaders.
:O

:O

**** YEAH.

*Snorlax used Ice Beam against Hariyama to win.
*Snorlax got frozen with Ice Punch, which then got punched away and he did some cool moves.
This description CONFUSES AND INFURRIATES Morbo!

Blaziken master
28th October 2005, 8:36 PM
Jeez why is everyone using ice beam,can't they use an original attack anymore?Anyway sounds good

Torkoal Stu
28th October 2005, 8:41 PM
This description CONFUSES AND INFURRIATES Morbo!
Ok what I got from my own comment it was:

Snorlax used an ice attack to win, looked like ice beam in the picture but might of been punch. (doubt it)

Medicham froze Snorlax. Then he kept punching the ice, breaking it apart, then Snorlax did some cool jump things.

I just confused myself.

CyberCubed
28th October 2005, 8:53 PM
Munchlax didn't watch Snorlax battling?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
28th October 2005, 9:02 PM
after seeing the pictures, Wasn't Grovyle v Hariyama rushed?

and this battle should have been a double battle, that would have ruled.... two pokemon, one speedy, one slow againts a chuby, and a thin pokemon

Opposites v Opposites.... but no....... it had to be the same thing but with SINGLE BATTLES *shoots the writers*

if they want to make it a challenge make it double battles instead!

Blaziken master
28th October 2005, 9:04 PM
Where did you guys get the pictures?

28th October 2005, 9:05 PM
Where did you guys get the pictures?
filb.de (is this advertising, if it is *runsl*)

they have the pictures right now.... It looks very very rushed...........

V Faction
28th October 2005, 9:22 PM
My my, Snorlax proves himself to be a powerhouse yet again. No honest down-to-earth Snorlax would ever have that much stamina against a Medicham, but I suppose that's part of the appeal.

Anyone mind translating the attacks used for both parties? I'll be waiting in the Attack Catalog.

ŁańkaŃ
28th October 2005, 9:34 PM
Well..actually...yea we didn't see a scene getting Snorlax...

but he did...go back to the pkmn centre all of suddent...at that point is where he got snorlax...

OMG...there is this cool pic...i'd love to show you all...but later...lol

k...that's it...from...as it was a great battle...i guess

Phantom_Bugsy
28th October 2005, 9:37 PM
...Holy....

.....f*cking......

....SH*T.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TOUKI-SAMA OMFG EEEE!!!!!!!11te54ujitejw <33

fdjsfkseajg
egeggsrsrg
g

efaeeegwqwdkgdszjgv

grdgsjkwtfijweikkdfjbngs

njyfujhrt

teskoje3wqji5k24u36935u642iw5uy9twrieiroyie rkmnu tri yoipes4j 69y45i g9ioser g

*_____* I was scrolling through the ep pics and I DIDN'T EXPECT IT. I was like '...kay....kay....omg Kogomi...cuuute.......OH SH*T WHAT?!1/1/'

Oh god. <333

Oh my f*cking god. <333333333 Holy motherf*cking son of a f*cking b*tch-as* f*cking GOD OH MY GOD.

...gimme about a week, I'll be fine.

Now if you excuse me, I totally have to wank now.

Geki
28th October 2005, 9:43 PM
Why are you spamming PB? The episode was decent from what I've been reading, I hate how Ash magically had Snorlax.

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th October 2005, 9:46 PM
OMFG!

CHUCK! Thats like his third flashback appearance.
(Black Belt Kiyo Mentioned Him, Flashback in Brawly Episode, and now another Flashback!)

So, Marshstomp was added to the opening, but what about Greta.

Phantom_Bugsy
28th October 2005, 10:00 PM
Why are you spamming PB? The episode was decent from what I've been reading, I hate how Ash magically had Snorlax.

That wasn't spam, that was my ACTUAL reaction. :D

Anyone know the actual reason there was a flashback? >__>

ChaosMage
28th October 2005, 10:05 PM
It wasn't a flashback, just a frozen image of him and Brawly. It was whiole Scott was talking, so he was obviously comparing Greta to other fighting trainers.

This episode loooks pretty cool, but I have to say that the dojo school would have made a damn good pre-battle filler. Another problem is the Ice Punch/Hyper Beam overload. Otherwise, the physical onslaught was really cool. This looks like one to watch (but it wasn't worth the wait, unfortunately)

S.Suikun
28th October 2005, 10:16 PM
Fangirl's Revenge - Take 74529073520197

Looks like they used the same crappy animation team that did the Battle Factory. Meh. Again, Scott has NO POINT being at every single one of these battles. It's like he's Ash's stalker or something.

Other than that, the battle looks pretty good, considering how it was all condensed into one episode, and it doesn't look too rushed, either.

Joe
28th October 2005, 10:37 PM
Wow, so Snorlax knows Ice Punch now?

Also, the writers seemed to have a thing for making big pokemon freeze in this episode. :confused: First freezing Hariyama, then freezing Snorlax? Great.....

Anyway, I kinda liked this episode, always good to see Snorlax! :D

CyberCubed
28th October 2005, 10:40 PM
Snorlax knew Ice Punch since the Johto league, I think that was the first time he used it unless he also used it in the Clair eps.

Pokeballs
28th October 2005, 10:40 PM
I think ;143; was using rest when it was frozen in the block of ice, and later used hyper beam to propel itself into a devastating Body Slam.

aww Satoshi gives ;143; a hug at the end hahaha

edit: i believe ;143; first used Ice Punch against Claire's ;230;

Joe
28th October 2005, 10:42 PM
Snorlax knew Ice Punch since the Johto league, I think that was the first time he used it unless he also used it in the Clair eps.
Really? Huh, you learn something new everyday! Meh, it was still cool to see it battling again, I've missed that big chubby thing! :D

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th October 2005, 10:43 PM
Fangirl's Revenge - Take 74529073520197

Again, Scott has NO POINT being at every single one of these battles. It's like he's Ash's stalker or something.

You mean Scott isn't a Ashaphile/stalker, cause thats the impression I got from him. He's awesome though.

Man, the battle looks cool from screens. I like when Hariyama's hand was bruised after he punched Snorlax's belly. And Medicham had some radical animation fighting.

So, from what I heard, Marshtomp was added to the opening when it shows the little heavy-outlined Pokemon running across the screen. Greta was supposedly left in shadow, so their porbably change it next episode.

Anyone notice, like since the Manene episode, Takeshi's Trivia is gone, the opening is now like the dub, a short scene, then the opening, followed by the title screen. Plus, at the end of each episode before the preview, they have a new quiz section which seems to be guess the episode or something. Pretty neat too.

JazzJazz
28th October 2005, 10:55 PM
Anyone notice, like since the Manene episode, Takeshi's Trivia is gone, the opening is now like the dub, a short scene, then the opening, followed by the title screen. Plus, at the end of each episode before the preview, they have a new quiz section which seems to be guess the episode or something. Pretty neat too.

Unfortunately, I imagine that this new quiz section you describe will be left out of the dub... it's a shame that the Western release doesn't get many of the little extras such as this.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
28th October 2005, 11:17 PM
Again, Scott has NO POINT being at every single one of these battles. It's like he's Ash's stalker or something.

He's a stalker in the games so why can't he be one in the anime?

greatfire
28th October 2005, 11:38 PM
This episode is not that bad. The animation is good with CGI used not only in the backgrounds but also in the attacks. TR does absolutely nothing (is a battle episode, after all). I agree that a Snorlax in the games could have not lasted that long, even if it used Rest while frozen, something that in the games is impossible to do.
I think we all can now see the pattern: Ash is going to use at least one of his old pokemon in each Frontier Facility.
I also find good that the writers are using different rules in the Facilities because, after all, these are not the same as the ones in Emerald. That is why they also changed the japanese letters into the international symbols in the Medals.
Scott is there to drive Ash and the others to the Facility. He was waiting in front of the Main Desk so he was waiting from them to show up. Ash and the others probably called him in advance before Ash deposited his pokemon in the Center, probably even called him a few days before that to give him time to go to that Center.

It is not always the episode. You need to guess something different related to the pokemon in the blurred mosaic. The best part is that each episode a different character does the section.

The Big Al
29th October 2005, 12:33 AM
Argh, Grovyle got hammered AGAIN. Honestly, hasn't Ash been training him lately? Then Snorlax came in and tore through two fighting types after not seeing any action since the Johto League. Ash better get his Pokemon to fighting shape or else he'll never make it out of the Battle Frontier and considering how soon the next brain comes, Ash is up for a big loss. Maybe it'll knock some desperately needed sense into him like that he shouldn't be relying on his old Pokemon to pull off wins and train the ones he's carrying all the time. (If worse came to worse, they could make training episode instead of terrible fillers.)

Addydo
29th October 2005, 12:39 AM
Why was Snorlax glowing!? :confused:

Gravy
29th October 2005, 1:16 AM
Unfortunately, I imagine that this new quiz section you describe will be left out of the dub... it's a shame that the Western release doesn't get many of the little extras such as this.
Its no big deal, really. The quizes are pretty crappy and essentially follow along the same line as trainers choice anyways....except, y'know, there are never any screw-ups.

Geodude
29th October 2005, 1:19 AM
Why was Snorlax glowing!? :confused:
It was using Protect.

And Grovyle certainly did not get hammered. It put up a good fight, but simply got defeated.

Flamez
29th October 2005, 2:27 AM
Saw the episode and what geodude said is true grovyle did not get hammered, it was just that hariyama and greta caught grovyle while it was falling down trying to use leaf blade. Snorlax is like the best pokemon out there lol, he not only defeated hariyama and medicham but medicham hit snorlax at one point with about 30 punches non stop and snorlax just charged his hyperbeam up and hit the ground and it lifted him up in the air and then snorlax came back falling down using body slam on medicham. Snorlax i think did use rest. Crazy as* endurance by snorlax.And another point when groyvle used quick attack to get around hariyama the way they showed it was mad hott u have to see it to believe and i dont mean in pictures i mean actually watch it.

CyberCubed
29th October 2005, 2:39 AM
It was using Protect.

And Grovyle certainly did not get hammered. It put up a good fight, but simply got defeated.

They're foreshadowing something bigger for Grovyle in the future, this and Mudkip becoming a Marshtompt are big hints. No way are they going to leave all the starters in their middle forms.

Pokeballs
29th October 2005, 3:18 AM
ya i'm waiting for em to all evolve in the same episode... <_< >_> it could happen! Nah I guess not -_-

jolteonjak
29th October 2005, 3:54 AM
Anyone got a pic of the opening scene with Marshtomp in it? Just curious...

JazzJazz
29th October 2005, 4:04 AM

You can thank CyberCubed for this, it was posted in the Anime Spoilers forum...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/scott85/df57ea46.jpg

blazefalco
29th October 2005, 8:18 AM
This episode was good, even though this is the only episode greta appears in, because of the battle

DSRGBA
29th October 2005, 9:32 AM
it looks good is that Snorlax flattening medicham lol

Yamato-san
29th October 2005, 10:28 AM
something about that battle seemed a bit off. I mean, I won't question that a Kabigon would have a lot of endurance and vitality, especially after using Rest.... however, it does bug me that Kabigon rather suddenly and conveniently got Protect. First Gomazou's Hidden Power, now this? Is Ookido providing free move tutorials to all of Satoshi's Pokemon now? Then again, probably no surprise, as he's now apparently passing out starter Pokemon that start out with Ice Beam. Also, I'm not calling out Juptor's loss as bogus, but I can't help but wonder why the hell Focus Punch is so quickly and easily used in the anime (not just here, but in every other situation it's been used in the anime). Given its nature in the game, you'd expect it to be a move that takes a few moments to charge up, and if any concentration is lost during that time, the move fails. If Focus Punch worked like that, then there should be no way in hell that Kogomi could just be able to order it on the spot and it expect it to succeed when an agile Pokemon like Juptor's about to close in with Leaf Blade, like she did here.

Anyway, a few tidbits about the episode that still have yet to be brought up in this thread. The opening theme, Battle Frontier, played at the end of Kabigon and Charem's match. Also, the Battle Arena didn't work like the game, but it was still kinda working uniquely from a typical gym in some way. Battle Factory allowed Satoshi to choose his opponent, in the Battle Dome, Satoshi spins a roulette wheel that decides if the battle would be one-on-one, two-on-two, or three-on-three, that and apparently, both fighters have to release all the Pokemon they're gonna battle with at once, with Kabigon and Charem remaining on the sidelines next to their trainer until it's their turn to battle. It's nice to see they're going for some uniqueness, but it still seems a bit like a cop-out in the long run since it STILL resembles a typical gym match for my tastes.... that, and the fact that the games already have a perfectly good set of unique rules that they're not taking the opportunity to properly adapt. BTW, I think that Kogomi's Charem is a female, judging by the voice (though, who wants to bet the dub will use the same Medicham voice that Grace's had).

And I'll end my post by saying that I friggin loved that bit where Charem was pummeling Kabigon left and right with Ice Beam.

greatfire
29th October 2005, 10:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/greatfire/pokemon/AG149_001.jpg

Serebii
29th October 2005, 12:07 PM
For the umpteenth time, dont discuss the opening in here...this is just for the episode

ChaosMage
29th October 2005, 12:09 PM
This episode does look pretty cool, and the opening being updated is cool. I wonder if Squirtle will still be using Water Gun like that on a Blaziken...

Geodude
29th October 2005, 1:53 PM
And I'll end my post by saying that I friggin loved that bit where Charem was pummeling Kabigon left and right with Ice Beam.
You mean Ice Punch (or Focus Punch, I forget which).

Sushi
29th October 2005, 3:10 PM
That was a good episode.
Aside from a few animation errors, everything looked quite good graphically. Everyone's movements were a bit different than usual, more energetic and faster.
Although, those artists could draw the characters' mouths a bit smaller O.o

I also liked Greta's voice. It sounded a tiny bit boyish, but it fit her well.
Medicham's voice was the same as Hitmontop's from the Fighting Dojo ep I think, well...it was good.

Again, I didn't care about Team Rocket this time. Except for the part where they were training with the others at the beginning, I skipped every scene with them. Just unnecessary for me to watch them saying their motto and blasting off for the 293243833942th time -_- I did catch the few seconds with Manene though, and it was totally adorable <3

The battle was great, and I see nothing wrong with it. Snorlax really is a good fighter, and it was nice to see him again after such a long time. Medicham's battling was impressive too, I loved when it made those spins and backflips before the battle.

Hm, Greta really is cool. I'll go and watch that episode again.

Geodude
29th October 2005, 3:55 PM
TR had a visually impressive motto though.

ŁańkaŃ
29th October 2005, 6:28 PM
Well..actually...yea we didn't see a scene getting Snorlax...

but he did...go back to the pkmn centre all of suddent...at that point is where he got snorlax...

OMG...there is this cool pic...i'd love to show you all...but later...lol

k...that's it...from...as it was a great battle...i guess

about the cool pic...i got it..here..I SO LOVE THIS ONE...they should do it for every single brain battle :D

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/426/AG127.jpg

As the battle was totall cool..

it's funny that Treecko could beat Brawly's Hariyama...

but Grovyle couldn't beat Great's Hariyma...

which kinda makes sense...as Brawly's had evolved right after the first match with Ash...so it wasn't a Hariyama for along time...

while..probably Greta's was around for a while

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
29th October 2005, 7:22 PM
I just saw the episode and it was pretty good. Grovyle put up a nice match and as for Snorlaz he made me laugh. Manene was pretty cool too. Too bad we didn't egt to see Scotts wacky driving again.

I don't think I caught it but did they mention the Battle Dome next?

jolteonjak
29th October 2005, 7:23 PM
For the umpteenth time, dont discuss the opening in here...this is just for the episode

So umpteenth = one? You seem to be the only one who had a problem. Its not like my question had 5 pages of responses speculating the intracacies of animation for the opening. Geez...lighten up.

Flamez
29th October 2005, 7:28 PM
Its not even about Greta's hariyama being around for longer it was better then brawly's hariyama. And to clarify it for you guys this is how it went when Hariyama got knocked on the floor by grovyle ash ordered another leaf blade attack but grovyle jumped up and tried to use leaf blade falling down maybe giving it even more force so greta saw the chance here and ordered focus punch since there was no way for grovyle to dodge, there were no walls around or pillars it could use to jump away. And it wasn't even the freaking focus punch that did grovyle in that was like a 3 hit combo in a way if u look at it. Hariyama uses focus punch on grovyle, grovyle hits the cieling and then crashes down on the floor. See 3 hit combo.lol. Same thing when grovyle used leaf blade on winona's altaria it uses leaf blade and then crashed altaria on the ground hard knocking it out.

Factory Head Noland
29th October 2005, 8:42 PM
Great battle, very eventful!

It was great to see Snorlax back in action, we haven't seen it battle properly since the Johto league (I hated how Hoenn blocked out all past contact with Ash's old Pokemon).

Grovyle got beaten again...I think Ash should change it for Bayleef but maybe that's just me...

Greta sure is a good trainer, I liked her choice of Pokemon but it could've been her downfall if it was another situation.

Overall 8/10 great episode, great Pokemon (Snorlax back, even if only for this episode) The battles with the Frontier Brains are really great so far.

Bulba the Great!
29th October 2005, 8:58 PM
Grovyle got beaten again...I think Ash should change it for Bayleef but maybe that's just me...

Are you implying Bayleef wouldn't be knocked out after being hit by the most powerful fighting attack, slamming into the ceiling, and then crashing into the ground? I think Juptile puts up better fights than Bayleef myself, but maybe that's just me talking.

Anyway, just saw the episode, I thought the battle was nicely drawn out and executed. Kabigon didn't actually get on my nerves like Lizardon did against Datsura...in fact, he's starting to grow on me...

Juptile did put up a very nice fight, though, and lost with good reason...maybe he's losing so much for a reason...Jukain, maybe?

Anyway, I thought it was funny when they pulled back at the end and revealed that none of the spectators had benches...and Takeshi, Haruka, and Masato were standing bare-footed! Takeshi looks odd without his shoes. And Enishida was funny, sitting cross-legged.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Factory Head Noland
29th October 2005, 9:06 PM
Are you implying Bayleef wouldn't be knocked out after being hit by the most powerful fighting attack, slamming into the ceiling, and then crashing into the ground? I think Juptile puts up better fights than Bayleef myself, but maybe that's just me talking.

I just think Bayleef has a lot more to offer than Grovyle. Vine Whip for example, I'm sure that would've come in handy against Hariyama.

Remember the battle against Chuck? Bayleef beat both Poliwrath and Machoke with the help of Vine Whip. It's a very useful attack which Grovyle doesn't know.

That's just my thought on the matter.

ŁańkaŃ
29th October 2005, 9:24 PM
hmm...lets see a dub title for this ep...

Greta battle!...lol as in Great Battle...lol

nah...

well...i loved how acrobat it looked of Snorlax kinda dodging the attack :D

Bulba the Great!
29th October 2005, 10:54 PM
I just think Bayleef has a lot more to offer than Grovyle. Vine Whip for example, I'm sure that would've come in handy against Hariyama.

Remember the battle against Chuck? Bayleef beat both Poliwrath and Machoke with the help of Vine Whip. It's a very useful attack which Grovyle doesn't know.

That's just my thought on the matter.

Right, I respect your opinion. But, if you're looking for a Vine Whip user, then why didn't you suggest he bring Fushigidane back? Then again, that's my side of prejudice talking again...I've always found Bayleef the least appealing of the three Grass starters Satoshi owned.

But Vine Whip can also be a hazard, remember? Look at the way Bashamo toom advantage of Bayleef in the Jouto league. It grabbed her Vines and threw her, knocking her out. So, Vines are not always useful, especially as Hariteyama would probably be able to do the same. So, in the end, it all comes down to the writer's decision. If they wanted Kabigon to fight Hariteyama, they would just as easily thrust Bayleef out of the fight. I believe Juptile is definately more deserving of the spot on Satoshi's team, and hopefully all of these losses are going to spur it to evolve.

My two cents.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Blaziken master
29th October 2005, 10:54 PM
This episode is better than I thought it was! Medicham was ace,but its voice was too high pitched.Manene has my vote as the cutest TR pokemon, so cute when it was cleaning!It was nice to see Chuck and Brawly in the flashback

JazzJazz
29th October 2005, 11:04 PM
Manene has my vote as the cutest TR pokemon, so cute when it was cleaning!

I wonder if other viewers will start to warm to it after all of the initial outrage when it replace chimecho...

Blaziken master
29th October 2005, 11:07 PM
I wonder if other viewers will start to warm to it after all of the initial outrage when it replace chimecho...

I know some like it, I just hope it battles

Brinstar
30th October 2005, 1:47 AM
Just saw the ep. Very impressive battling, and it was great to see ol' Snorlax back.

And I am now a Greta fan, haha. Lots of pep, etc. Also fun to see all the martial arts dojo-ness. Kinda makes me wish there was an episode before hand to see some more of Greta, but yeah.

That Medicham's voice annoyed me after a while though XD

Alfonso
30th October 2005, 1:57 AM
I'm rather annoyed they didn't have Greta remember her former lesbian partner.

That way, we could have had both Brawly AND Roxanne in the same episode!

Just seen, Greta is awesome, she deserved another episode, and Scott is still a pedo. <3

The Big Al
30th October 2005, 3:07 AM
There there alf. There always the DVD's and the video games. And fan art for that matter.

Yamato-san
30th October 2005, 3:25 AM
You mean Ice Punch (or Focus Punch, I forget which).

whoops.... yeah, I meant to say Ice Punch.

Right, I respect your opinion. But, if you're looking for a Vine Whip user, then why didn't you suggest he bring Fushigidane back? Then again, that's my side of prejudice talking again...I've always found Bayleef the least appealing of the three Grass starters Satoshi owned.

But Vine Whip can also be a hazard, remember? Look at the way Bashamo toom advantage of Bayleef in the Jouto league. It grabbed her Vines and threw her, knocking her out. So, Vines are not always useful, especially as Hariteyama would probably be able to do the same.

Oh sure, like Fushigidane would've done any better against Basyamo? You seem to be forgetting that Bayleaf is a pretty hefty Pokemon who uses her body weight to her advantage when using Vine Whip and Body Slam (usually combining the two attacks). For this reason, she's a rather ideal choice against fighting-type Pokemon, as we saw in the battle against Shijima. As you said, it all comes down to the writers' decision in the end, and the only reason she was really token out so easily by Hadzuki's Basyamo was because it was apparent the writers were getting the other 5 Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible so they could make room for Lizardon vs. Basyamo, advertising the upcoming Ruby and Sapphire versions. If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.

Medicham was ace,but its voice was too high pitched.

Like I said before, I think it's a female.

Blaziken master
30th October 2005, 11:25 AM

Yeah I thought so , but what is its male voice like?Anyway I thought we could have used an pre battle filler on the battle school because that would have been pretty interesting

Yamato-san
30th October 2005, 12:03 PM

Yeah I thought so , but what is its male voice like?

Just download one of the episodes featuring Grace.... and Blaziken Master, you really need to learn how to use the QUOTE tag.

Bulba the Great!
30th October 2005, 1:58 PM
Oh sure, like Fushigidane would've done any better against Basyamo? You seem to be forgetting that Bayleaf is a pretty hefty Pokemon who uses her body weight to her advantage when using Vine Whip and Body Slam (usually combining the two attacks). For this reason, she's a rather ideal choice against fighting-type Pokemon, as we saw in the battle against Shijima. As you said, it all comes down to the writers' decision in the end, and the only reason she was really token out so easily by Hadzuki's Basyamo was because it was apparent the writers were getting the other 5 Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible so they could make room for Lizardon vs. Basyamo, advertising the upcoming Ruby and Sapphire versions. If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.

Yay, I'm coming across as an idiot now...I wasn't saying Fushigidane is any better(even though that's my personal belief), and I never said Bayleef is bad battler. I mentioned Fushigidane merely because I felt if anyone should be used for their Vine Whips, it would be him. He was the original Vine Whip user, so...But that's prejudice right there. Bayleef is an awesome Pokemon, I just happen to prefer Fushigidane and Juptile over it. Anyway, regarding your post. I was trying to point out that Bayleef has had losses, too, and that it hasn't always looked good in battle(see battle with Shigeru). Juptile is an excellent battler, and put up a very good fight. But, honestly, would Bayleef or even Fushigidane be able to stand up against being hit by Focus Punch, slamming into the ceiling, and smashing into the ground? Juptile did its best, and Bayleef doing her best is all that can be asked out of her. Keep in mind Hariteyama has been used to grab Satoshi's Ohsubame by the beak in the Houn league; It would probably grab Bayleef or Fushigidane's vines and reel it in or throw it, just like Bashamo, which is why I brought that battle up.

Anyway, now that's off my chest, I'll say something of actual relevence to the episode...

Umm...

I found it funny when Satoshi was standing outside of the Battle Arena yelling Konichiwa, and Enishida walked up behind him, told him he was doing it wrong, and screamed. Great moment right there.

Kogomi was an awesome character-I wish she would have gotten two episodes.

Well, it's on to Hiisu now...this will be interesting.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Gravy
30th October 2005, 6:54 PM
This was a vast improvement over the previous Factory facility.

The animation wasn't its best, but a lot of the attacks did tend to look really impressive, which really helped to make this battle far more exciting than it already was. Grovyle's Quick attack looked incredibly nice on a number of occassions for example, and the physical moves performed by both of Greta's pok&#233;mon were great fun to watch.
I also liked the choice of battle music they picked for the episode. A lot of my favourite pieces were used here (The 'vs.Magma/Aqua grunt' theme and the Opening sequence to R/B for example), so that made it all the more enjoyable.

Though having said that, there was some REALLY cheap looking CGI used early in the episode. Of course, I'm refering to the realistic looking flames and electricity. Team Rocket's motto on the other hand looked superb. Speaking of which...YAY! Manene is imitating Wobbuffet in the motto now. I was hoping it would start doing that eventually. Now all it needs to do is pull off those >< eyes and all will be perfect~

The episode definatly made me appreciate Greta a lot more, and because of that I really wish she had gotten more than one episode. Like a few others have said before me, she was a really cool character, so its a shame we'll never really get to learn a little bit more about her or what goes on in the arena dojo, which came across as a really interesting place. IMO, that would have made for a much better episode than some crap about 2 kids trying to make potions :x The episode definatly made me appreciate Greta a lot more

Just a note:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time in the show that a pok&#233;mon has needed to re-charge after using Hyper Beam? I don't recall it ever being brought up before this point, and we've seen pok&#233;mon use it in constant succession before.

V Faction
30th October 2005, 8:01 PM
You would probably be correct Gravy, as I, too, do not recall a Pokemon ever having to recharge after using Hyper Beam in the anime. Could this be a sign of things to come regarding attacks?

I also see they're using Protect again. This is just my person preference, but I wish they had gone with Defense Curl for Snorlax. It's an attack he can learn and seems more down to Earth for the Pokemon anime. I'm not at all disappointed by Protect, it's just not something one would expect. I suppose though that if Phanpy can get Hidden Power while it was in storage, Protect is no difficult feat.

DKzM0mA
31st October 2005, 5:28 AM
Omg i heard this episode is good! Anyone knows where i can download it?
DIdn't snorlax seem a little more serious then usual? Usually it would be sleeping or something and ash had to wake it up.

bird1111
1st November 2005, 1:18 AM
Were those flames that were in the pictures showing than Snorlax knows Flamethrower like I think they are, or are they just a hyperbeam from Snorlax

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/bird1111/Snorlax.jpg

Sorry they weren't done very well, I only had Paint, and I'm not very good with this kinda thing anyway

Gravy
1st November 2005, 1:27 AM
Its Hyper Beam. If it had been Flamethrower, you'd have seen comments about it all over this thread.

The Incarnation Pokemon
1st November 2005, 11:44 AM
...So it looks like I'm the only one who's disappointed that they once again eliminated the Frontier facility's special battle style and made it seem like any other gym battle...

Granted, I *loved* Greta. <3 She was awesome in this. AND SO WAS HER MEDICHAM. Ash's Snorlax got all 00bered as usual, but I'd be a n00b to still be surprised by that after all this time. I s'pose it's fair, though, since Greta's Pkmn could use Focus Punch without charge-up time. While I was watching my question wasn't "how long will Snorlax last" but rather "what sort of stunt are they gonna pull to make Snorlax win the usual impossible victory".

And no, the opening didn't change to show Greta beyond her silhouette. Perhaps next ep's opening will, though.

1st November 2005, 10:06 PM
This episode seemed rushed.... Manene has a cute voice though!

How can snorlax flip over like that? He is the heaviest pokemon of Kanto!

as that protect/endure Snorlax was using?
Snorlax v Hariyama was worth watching but medicham just sucked
Greta is cute though
5/10

Pokemon Fan
2nd November 2005, 8:51 PM
If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.
I actually thought her defeat was done quite well. It was fast but showed a lot of quick thinking. It basically went like this: Vine Whip countered by Blaziken grabbing it and pulling it forward, Bayleef preparing to take advantage of this by lowering its skull for a Head Butt and Blaziken quickly countering with Fire Punch (since its arm is longer than Bayleef's neck it could hit Bayleef before her attack could hit its body).

<><><>

Back on topic, I liked the episode quite a bit. The agility of Ash's Snorlax never ceases to amaze me and the battle was fairly furious with Medicham slamming its fists into Snorlax again and again like that.

But really, Greta should have aimed for Snorlax's head more. Whenever its been beaten its been usually because of a powerful attack to the head, its main body can absorb damage for a long time.

It's great how much Snorlax has improved as a obediant Pokemon and in the use of its moves. It was always powerful, but Ash at first had next to no control over it (from what we've seen Snorlax are rare and very hard to tame, Ash's is the only trained one we've ever seen as far as I recall), and now its obeying freely and hugging him even without the promise of a food reward.

Its also nice it has learned Protect and used Rest in battle for the first time. In what situation did it use Protect? It was quite smart of Ash to have it use Rest while frozen since Medicham would not be able to hurt it. This also counts as one of the few times a Pokemon has been frozen in the anime and not knocked unconscious by it (or judged to be unfit to battle). Snorlax seemed perfectly fine and conscious, just covered in ice, gotta love that thing's endurance.

Yamato-san
3rd November 2005, 1:51 AM
say.... I forgot if this was brought up earlier in the thread or not, but I just remembered that they seemed to have addressed the disadvantage Normal-types have against Fighting-types in this episode.

The Big Al
3rd November 2005, 2:44 AM
Then I guess Snorlax is a major gluten for punishment. Considering he took a beating that would turn most Pokemon into oatmeal.

Geodude
3rd November 2005, 4:41 AM
Yes, but one also has to take into account Snorlax's massive girth. Ever seen someone punch a fat guy? :p You have to hit a lot harder to get him to feel it with any significance, cause of all that extra...fat. :p

Murgatroyd
3rd November 2005, 5:04 AM
Omg i heard this episode is good! Anyone knows where i can download it?
Sorry, but that's one of the forbidden topics of discussion around here. Don't ask about episode downloads again.

And anyone who answers such a question will face the Wrath of the Moderators.

Heracross
13th November 2005, 9:53 AM
Ok, finally got around to watching this one today, and I thought it was pretty good. Kabigon pwns, and it was pretty funny seeing Chareemu crushed under it's tremendous bulk. I liked some of the old school music they used in this ep. As far as I'm conscerned, that stuff never gets old.

I thought it was cool to have the Rocket-dan training there with Kogomi, but was it really necessary to have them blast off? I mean seriously, what purpose did that serve? They weren't even doing anything. It was just an interruption in the battle, which could have been easily avoided if the writers could actually come up with a creative solution for once. I was also dissappointed Kogomi got a mere one episode. And more CG crap, ugh. When will they realize it looks bad? Ah well, b*tching aside, I still enjoyed this one. Helluva lot better than the last battle facility anyway.

Silent Conversation
4th February 2006, 3:17 PM
I'm just curious if Snorlax and Munchlax interacted with each other at all in this ep...

I think Snorlax and Munchlax did interact with each other (i have no reason why they did)

Blaziken master
13th February 2006, 10:24 PM
They interacted in the return to the Oak lab episode

WaterDragon trainer
16th September 2006, 3:55 PM
Just saw this episode in the US. It was an awesome episode. It was funny to see TR in the training dojo. It seemed that Grovyle had a different voice in this episode. Nice to see Snorlax know Protect, Ice Punch, AND Rest. Medicham's new voice was kind of weird. Ash's battle was awesome.

Judai Yuki
16th September 2006, 3:56 PM
Grovyles voice is bleh.Anyway Snorlax flies!

-Judai

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
16th September 2006, 3:59 PM
This episode can be summed up by two humorous words, and Brock said them right before Snorlax defeated Medicham:

"Snorlax flies?!"

Comedic value aside, you can interpret that as either an entertaining win for 'Lax or an unrealistic loss for 'Cham. I'm still trying to decide which it is.

Some nice music in this episode, by the way.

?*V Tsun*?
The 8th Champion

BattleFranky~40
16th September 2006, 5:48 PM
I personally didn't enjoy this battle at all.

I guess I'm spoiled from watching the other facilities, but it just didn't seem too special or even particularly noteworthy to me.

Akane
16th September 2006, 5:49 PM
Wow! This was a action packed episode! I loved it! Greta was totally awesome! Ash as well, of course. XD I loved when Ash though about a great straegy. That is why he always come on top...he is using his head. ^^ I loved the way Grovyle and Sorlax battled, totally cool. Of course Team Rocket interupt them, but Ash and Pikachu took care of them. XD Anyway...it was action packed! And the music was good too.

rubyrulez
16th September 2006, 6:44 PM
It was a great episode, but it sounded to me like 90% 4Kids music...

7/10

EmbersBackUpSinger
16th September 2006, 6:50 PM
i really didnt like how ash kept using hyper beam. But its nice that he finally got another symbol.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
16th September 2006, 6:57 PM
Episode just started..
-"Wheel of...Frontier!" Nice episode title, and nice way to say it.
-Scott sounds like the Hippie from "Wake up Snorlax"
-and NewAsh can't say Medicham...He said Medicam `-`
-Team Rocket really can be pathetic some times...The only 3 in the Dojo who fail.
-Grovyle vs. Hariyama fight is awesome, The animation is great.
-Did they use Past Snorlax clips? It's voice sounds pretty good o.o
-Ugh, James keeps whining about his hair..>_>
-When Ash said "Now Snorlax! Use hyper beam go!" I got the Image of "Super Monkey Force Hyper Force Go!"...
-Greta's heard of Team Rocket? o.o
-Snorlax-cicle! :D
- Where is Ash's Emotion!?
-If you get High Jump kicked from a Medicham...I think you'd do more then gentally wake up...
-Woah, Flip action Snorlax
-Now flying Snorlax! =D....o_O; With deadly body slam...Look at that Imprint...>>
-Guts Symbol...What that what it was called in Japanese?

Honestly I really liked this episode It was interesting, I give it an 8.5/10

BattleFranky~40
16th September 2006, 7:16 PM
-Greta's heard of Team Rocket? o.o
Pretty much everyone in Kanto has probably heard of Team Rocket.

-Guts Symbol...What that what it was called in Japanese?
I believe so, yes.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2006, 7:24 PM
Snorlax sounded like he wanted to kill someone...awesome.

Their were like 5 or so Japanese gons kept in the battle, including the one that played during the first part of the Grovyle vs Hariyama fight...which I don't think 4kids ever kept, and they KEPT the theme song from the old games!

S.Suikun
16th September 2006, 7:26 PM
I don't recall what Scott's voice under 4Kids was like, but he sounded like an ultra-pedophile in this.

As good as this battle was, it's actually one of the weakest in the saga.

BattleFranky~40
16th September 2006, 7:28 PM
I don't recall what Scott's voice under 4Kids was like, but he sounded like an ultra-pedophile in this.

As good as this battle was, it's actually one of the weakest in the saga.

Good. Now Scott looks AND talks like a pedo.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2006, 7:28 PM
Scott SHOULD sound like a pedo.

Darkness Angel
16th September 2006, 7:41 PM
Was a pretty nice battle.

Konoko_Hasano
16th September 2006, 8:14 PM
The whole episode seemed to fly together almost perfectly, and the music sounded great as well.

>,> never knew a snorlax was so agile.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2006, 8:20 PM
The cool thing is, this is probably one of the WORST Brain Battles.

Yup, the Battle Dome will blow you away.

S.Suikun
16th September 2006, 8:26 PM
Indeed, it's probably 2nd worst next to Azami (which is honestly the only mediocre battle in this saga IMO).

Pika Hikari KT
16th September 2006, 8:30 PM
-Everyone said the eppie title, like on the show the pun was based off of! How cool!

-Scott's new voice isn't bad at all. Carries the same coolness that he always had.

-Greta is friggin AWESOME! I love her attitude.^^

-Karate references~!:D I'm an orange belt/stripe myself, so I'm happy to see that being used. Sha~

-Battle was great, and this makes me excited for the next one a few weeks from now!:D

Bulba the Great!
16th September 2006, 8:32 PM
I cannot STAND Satoshi's new voice. I know we're only four episodes in with PUSA, and that 4Kids head eight years with their voices, but still...at least when Veronica Taylor had Ash in the beginning...he had some emotional range.

Maybe I've been spoiled by Japanese Enishida, but I really didn't like Scott's new voice, either. Greta, however, was very fitting for her voice, probably better than 4Kids would've used(probably Lisa Ortiz).

Satoshi's "000s!" sounded so much better than the "Ush" sound in this episode.

Ah, well. Although some Japanese music was left in...for the most part it sounded like 4Kids has returned music-wise.

Snorlax's new voice is good, though. And Hariyama's was nice. I thought they'd keep its Japanese voice, though(Harite!)

Cheers!
~Bulbs ;001;

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2006, 8:39 PM
Well, Satoshi hasn't got a new voice.

Blaziken Trainer
16th September 2006, 8:49 PM
Well, Satoshi hasn't got a new voice.

:p But Ash's new voice sounds pretty good. Near the end of the episode ,he actually had a lot of emotion. It will take some time of course.

Medea
16th September 2006, 11:05 PM
Well, Scott sounded like he was about to break out some bongos and start spouting out poetry :p

But enough from my mouth. This episode was pretty cool for the most part. I actually liked Greta's voice, it seemed to fit her. Snorlax's newest voice (seeing as though I've heard at least two voices for it for the last ten years) was okay. I mean it was a hell of a lot better than those last few episodes with 4Kids and everything. Now the battle was okay (not one of my favorites)

So pretty good!

-Sonansu!-
16th September 2006, 11:07 PM
Great episode.

I love the part where Brock yells "WHA? Snorlax flies?!" after Snorlax shoots his second Hyper Beam downwards and flies up. xD

I was surprised that the "osu" greeting was left in. 4kids probably would have taken that out for no reason =/ Also, Greta= coolest new character I've seen in a while. Big points for using Hariyama.

The voices were great, but Ash sounded a little flat. Wobbuffet's voice changed from its SSBM voice to a sound-alike of its 4kids voice throughout the course of the episode (what the? O.o;; ). Mime Jr. (Manene) sounded similar to Chimecho, which is sorta humorous.

Liked the animation and the action in the episode too. I give this episode an 8/10.

Almighty Zard
16th September 2006, 11:12 PM
the snolax flies line reminded me of one of my favorite samurai jack epsiodes where he learned to "jump good" especially the end part.

Aku:This gate way is once more beyond your jack leaps high into the air to attack Aku reach.....YOU CAN FLY.
Jack:NO JUMP GOOD!!!! takes swing at aku with sword episode ends

This battle rocked, i may like grovyle/sceptile, but nothing brought more of a smile to my face than seeing him get owned by Hariyama.

halloweenghost
17th September 2006, 12:19 AM
Was great to hear japanese music I've not heard in the show in years.

Blaziken Trainer
17th September 2006, 12:48 AM
Well, Scott sounded like he was about to break out some bongos and start spouting out poetry :p

But enough from my mouth. This episode was pretty cool for the most part. I actually liked Greta's voice, it seemed to fit her. Snorlax's newest voice (seeing as though I've heard at least two voices for it for the last ten years) was okay. I mean it was a hell of a lot better than those last few episodes with 4Kids and everything. Now the battle was okay (not one of my favorites)

So pretty good!

Hmm... I'm pretty sure Snorlax's voice was archive audio from the earlier seasons. I might be wrong though...

~Battle Frontier~
17th September 2006, 1:23 AM
I like the way how PUSA made Ash, May, Max, and Brock say the title. It was remarkable and suprising.

Cobalt_Latios
17th September 2006, 2:29 AM
I like the way how PUSA made Ash, May, Max, and Brock say the title. It was remarkable and suprising.
Yeah, that was something different.

It seems that the voices have made a huge improvement since the episode i first heard them(Sweet Baby James). It seemst that Brock is almost perfect, May is better, and Max is better too. Ash is getting there. James still sounds like he has a cold, but Meowth is the one that bugs me a little. Greta's voice wasnt really what i was expecting, but i found that Scott sounded quite good.

A few things i noticed. It seems that Greta actually knows about the Team Rocket organisation, but it almost sounded like she said: Team Wocket. Grovyle sounded almost like Swellow, but not too bad. Also, I dont like how they used Focus Punch, technically, if you hit the guy that's about to use it, it fails. Oh well. Everything else was excuseable. Team Rocket had another minor part, but that was expected.

~C_L~

Knight_Ram
17th September 2006, 6:23 AM
Ok I really want to see this episode but no one is seeding it on a torrent so i cant see anything until its downloaded.

Sucks to live in New Zealand hahahaha!

Knight_Ram
17th September 2006, 6:47 AM
Ohhh Yasssss! People are seeding! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sucks to live in New Zealand lol

Knight_Ram
17th September 2006, 7:18 AM
Hey on this episode, do they have that music in the background playing like they did on the advance battle season? Cause I kinda like it hehehe

halloweenghost
17th September 2006, 9:25 AM
No need to double post friend,..just edit your last message...

But I don't know what you mean by thew music.. there was alot of it lol

RandomCharizard
17th September 2006, 4:05 PM
Unlike what other people think, most of the music in the battle was used from when you're battling Greta in the games.

chosen_one386
17th September 2006, 7:32 PM
FINALLY we get to the Battle Arena. Anyway, Scott's voice was REALLY good and Greta's was as well. The music that played as Ash entered the Arena was AWESOME. The wheel that spun for the match should be in the game as well. The battle itself was awesome as well and Snorlax did great. Mime Jr. was once again so CUTE!

Oh, and my fav part was when TR said, "We're naked!" XD!

Reece
17th September 2006, 11:52 PM
What an awesome episode. The Battle was great and Greta is a really good character.

Crimsonmon
18th September 2006, 7:39 PM
I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but Greta's VA pronounced the 'ri' part of Hariyama the same as it would be in Japanese. It's good to see that along with the 'OSU!' and the leaving in kana, the dub is finally getting some culturalism back.

(Although I wasn't really one to complain about 4kids cutting this stuff out)

Rapiido
18th September 2006, 9:34 PM
Whoa... Scott has that old hippy guy who had the Snorlax's voice. .___.

BlazikenFan
18th September 2006, 11:11 PM
Not as good as I thought it would be, but I liked seeing Snorlax return and actually have a battle for once. When it was in Ash's team, it barely got to see any action. At least it fought in Pokemon Food Fight.

BlazikenFan
18th September 2006, 11:12 PM
Not as good as I thought it would be, but I liked seeing Snorlax return and actually have a battle for once. When it was in Ash's team, it barely got to see any action. At least it fought in Pokemon Food Fight.

BlazikenFan
18th September 2006, 11:12 PM
Sorry for double posting.

Knight_Ram
19th September 2006, 6:09 AM
Yeah im sorry too...but i just saw the lastest episode! And its awsome!!! And you know the music in the background of everybattle...It was pretty good but it sounds like there was some new person doing the music or somthing because they keeped on changing the music each time a diffrent face showed up on the screen! Hahahaha! But yeah it was a great battle, a little bit rushed but it was a great battle! Snorlax owned with the body slam! Mad respect for that body slam!

C.J. Ray
19th September 2006, 7:05 AM
So finally we see another Brain. Shame they're not using the Brains' in-game teams(Noland I understand, since rental Pokemon seems a rehash of "The Ultimate Test") - I wanted to see Greta use Shedinja and Umbreon from the game, but I guess they decided to strap her with the new Hoenn fighting-types, which I guess is fair since she's a martial artist...but sheesh, what's with the stereotype of giving martial artists fighting-type Pokemon? :@

Anyways, a great episode, except I thought that Focus Punch was WAAAY too weak here - if physics had used Focus Punch's actual attack power, Ash would have lost the match faster than you could say "Ouch." (150+Stabx2 vs. a Normal Snorlax = 1 punch is a 1HKO, and that guy was smacked with 70 Focus Punches! O_O) Anyways, great episode.

TheBuddyBud
19th September 2006, 7:42 AM
episode was great

voices were horrible

it was bad in an "i cant explain" kind of way

wobbanut
20th September 2006, 4:34 AM
I think the episode was pretty good. The battles were tough, the voices were pretty good, and we had a group thing on reading the episode title! (That was all the twerps, right? Like "The Wayward Wobbuffet" was all three Team Rocket members?) I didn't get why the episode had the title until I put two and two together about the wheel to determine how many pokemon Ash and Greta would battle with. Clever. I especially like the way the episode title was read like "Wheel of Fortune". I did get a flash of something when James called Mime Jr. the cutest thing he's ever seen (No! You like Chimecho, James!!), but I liked seeing it in the motto for the first time (I missed the Marshtomp episode, but at least Cartoon Network will run it this Sunday).

Overall, 8/10. At least next Sunday I'll get to see the Marshtomp episode I missed.

jolteonjak
20th September 2006, 2:23 PM
episode was great

voices were horrible

it was bad in an "i cant explain" kind of way

Yah, I'm going to have to agree with you here.

Ashy Boy
22nd September 2006, 10:57 AM
The only thing more annoying than Team Rocket was the music.

Amaranth
28th September 2006, 6:09 PM
kool
sounds like a great eppy :P

Pacman
10th January 2007, 8:50 AM
Didn't like it.

I don't like what they did with the Battle Area. It would have been cooler if it was like the Games.

Also, I though Snorlax, being a Normal Type would be weak to the Fighting Types. But, Snorlax kept getting hit and hit.

CyberCubed
10th January 2007, 5:26 PM
The only thing more annoying than Team Rocket was the music.

Do you ever post anything besides your pathetic bashing of TR in every single unrelated thread?

I'm honestly surprised you're not banned yet.

TogeticTheRuler
13th January 2007, 5:16 AM
I don`t understand how Snorlax can take litteral 30+focus punches( Thats all she ever uses though =.=) But it was cool to see all those punches landing on Snorlax with Medicham, I loved how it moved when it was first sent out!

Amaranth
10th February 2007, 6:04 PM
How Is Focus Punch A Tactic ._. Just Friking Duck Then Hit Back .. Other Than That Nice Match Tad Repatative But Decent

~ James

flyboy1308
10th February 2007, 7:11 PM
Meh....
It was okay for a frontier battle.

Sir Devious
18th February 2007, 7:12 AM
This was possibly the most boring Brain in the whole frontier! If it wasn't for Snorlax making it interesting, I wouldn't have watched it.

dman_dustin
29th June 2007, 9:50 AM
This episode proves my theory that a Pokemon can use more than five moves, Snorlax used Protect, ice punch, hyper beam, rest, and body slam

P_S_B
8th July 2007, 8:20 PM
This episode proves my theory that a Pokemon can use more than five moves, Snorlax used Protect, ice punch, hyper beam, rest, and body slam

Lt Surge's Raichu did the same thing way back in EP014. I forget which attacks it used exactly, but I remember counting five different ones.

Durden
19th April 2008, 4:31 PM
Okay - the voice acting sucked with one exception - Snorlax's voice.

Snorlax's dub voice is what did this episode so great - he really sounded the way he should sound - a lot better than the 4kids voice.

HoennMaster
7th November 2008, 8:13 AM
Disclaimer: Not trying to make a VA discussion here but:

Wow, watching this episode today I can't believe how much Sarah Natochenny has improved. Great battle as well.

CyberCubed
8th November 2008, 4:00 AM
Wow, watching this episode today I can't believe how much Sarah Natochenny has improved. Great battle as well.

True, true. Especially during the first 10 or so BF eps, when she was just starting.

Torpoleon
8th November 2008, 11:33 PM
This was a great battle.Snorlax got hit so much times and it still beat 2 fighting types!Man i am impressed!

Tadashi
9th November 2008, 1:01 AM
Real creative dub title, there e.e

Snorlax was so great in this episode ^_^ Somewhat boring overall, but at least Ash got a Frontier Symbol from it ^_^

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 7:03 PM
Hm I'd say a good battle. Not the best one but it was pretty entertaining. Grovyle and Snorlax are awesome.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 1:36 PM
this episode had alot of nice action in it i enjoyed watching it.

Blue Snover
20th April 2009, 12:23 PM
It was nice to see Snorlax make a return, i can't remember the last time it had a battle.

cg_25
29th May 2009, 6:13 PM
WOW, huge improvement for May this episode!

Ash and Max still need major help. Then again they are both played by the same voice actor...

I have to say, its good to have the original announcer back, I still think they should bring all the others back too...

Littlemyuu
10th June 2009, 2:45 PM
Frontier battles are always great..this one is a great episode

Ash-kid
14th December 2009, 4:20 PM
Great battle. Snorlax was so great, too bad Grovyle lost to Hariama...

And Greta's gym was cool, with many viewers.

Armaldo48
9th January 2010, 5:07 PM
Did anyone else noticed that Ash was barefoot during the fight? I wonder why.

Anyway, the fight was great and it was cool to see Snorlax in action. Too bad Grovyle lost so quickly.

7.5/10

Lorde
10th January 2010, 4:11 PM
I noticed that the Battle Frontier battles included several of Ash's Oaked Pokemon, and not just his usual team.

It was average, not much except the battle for the Guts Symbol of course. I liked Greta's VA.

Why have her use Hoenn Fighting Pokemon though? Anyway, 5/10

Willow's Tara
18th May 2010, 3:52 AM
Not a bad episode, I liked the battle really. I wonder how old Greta is exactly? I liked how the cast shouted Wheel of Frontier! Much like Wheel of Fortune.

john A.K.A. young LJ
30th May 2010, 3:14 AM
i wouldnt care what the haters say.....snorlax was awesome.....and he will always be awesome when it comes to battling....and as for sleeping hes funny

Painkiller2001
22nd November 2010, 6:59 PM
Oh, and my fav part was when TR said, "We're naked!" XD!

I think that was in the previous episode.
--
- I think we all know what Pokemon Ash probably would have used had the wheel landed on 3-vs-3... *coughpikachucough*
- Awesome, Ash's Snorlax comes back to help him win his 2nd Battle Frontier symbol!
- The battle between Hariyama and Grovyle could have gone a little longer... I won't say Grovyle got totally hammered, but he could have lasted a bit longer in the battle.
- Does this mean that Candace's Medicham from "Sliding Into Seventh" is female as well? Because, it seemed that Greta's Medicham's voice sounded the same as Candace's Medicham's voice... Maybe it's just me...
- Awwww, Mime Jr. wanted to clean the floor with James.

Lance The Champ
24th November 2010, 2:31 PM
Grovyle should have hung on for a little while longer he got KOed quickly. But Snorlax made it up by beating Hariyama

Tyranitar Rules
23rd December 2010, 12:48 PM
Snorlaz waz epic

G50
26th April 2011, 3:10 AM
This episode was cool. The Frontier battle was great. Snorlax and Grovyle vs Medicham and Hariyama was a very entertaining battle. It was odd to see Ash using Normal-Type Snorlax against 2 Fighting types. It was great to see Snorlax being able to overcome it's weakness and defeat both Pokemon. It was cool to see Snorlax use Body Slam from high in the air on top of Medicham. TR in training was hilarious! They kept complaining, screwing up and getting punished for it. I wasn't too surprised to see Grovyle losing to Hariyama. I guess they wanted him to lose once after already defeating a Hariyama in a gym battle as a Treecko. I'm glad Ash won his 2nd Frontier Symbol.

79/100

TheEpicGoomba
27th May 2011, 3:29 PM
This episode was good. The battle was a great one. Glad to see Snorlax again,he is very powerful. Sad that Grovyle didn,t beat a single Pokemon. Glad Snorlax starred though.

9/10

Vernikova
4th September 2012, 8:17 PM
Snorlax taking all of those super-effective attacks was pretty funny to see. The battle was pretty enjoyable though I would've liked to see it last a little longer. Maybe make this a two-part episode. Eh.

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 6:40 AM
Terrible voice acting marks this one, more than the voices themselves, which are better than what they will become for some of the chars later on.

Ash's voice is surprisingly better than what it later devolves into throughout the season and well into the first half of DP, IMO, but the acting behind the voice is just AWFUL.

Ash: "Snorlax. No."

He's clearly really concerned. He means it.

Brock sounds good, though.

May sounds terrible, Max sounds annoying, and Scott sounds like the 4Kids one became a redneck.

Dub: 55/100

Okay - the voice acting sucked with one exception - Snorlax's voice.

Snorlax's dub voice is what did this episode so great - he really sounded the way he should sound - a lot better than the 4kids voice.

It's probably because it was stock footage OF his original 4Kids voice that TAJ used in the first place. -_-

Disclaimer: Not trying to make a VA discussion here but:

> The Year 2008
> Sarah Natochenny "Improving"

If by that you mean becoming less and less age-appropriate and more chain-smokerish and constipated, then by all means, she "improved" as you guys put it.

Dawn+Serena Fan
27th June 2013, 7:22 PM
It was a pretty good episode. The battle was enjoyable, though I didn't like to see Team Rocket interrupt another important battle again.

PokemontrainerY
25th July 2013, 10:22 AM
This was a great episode, I enjoyed the battle between Ash and Greta. It sucks that Grovile didn't beat any of Greta's Pokemon, but Snorlax did great in the battle. I liked how he took all those attacks like a boss and Body slamed on top of Medicham.
I'm glad Ash got his second Frontier symbol.

Painkiller2001
14th November 2014, 4:44 AM
Cool how the challenger had to spin a wheel at the beginning to decide what kind of battle it was,

Lorde
30th November 2014, 3:07 AM
I thought it was cool that TR was training under Greta's instruction at the Battle Arena. I felt that the wheel/roulette gimmick here was pointless, and seeing Ash's Grovyle lose to Greta's Hariyama despite its speed made me howl. Ash's Snorlax impressed me with his maneuvers against Greta's Medicham though. TR interfering in the battle was lame sadly.