PDA

View Full Version : Is your Fic not getting attention?

Master Ein
27th October 2005, 4:33 PM
Hi I personaly know alot of good fics go unnoticed.So if you have some that don't get post don't double post come here post the link and we will post replies.

Poster
27th October 2005, 7:02 PM
I will also help so I am like co-leader

Master Ein
27th October 2005, 7:06 PM
Well then let's review

mindripper
27th October 2005, 7:08 PM
Well, I think that if you review for people and ask for a review in return most people would review in return. For example, if you were to review my fic I would review yours in return, although a little tardy.

Master Ein
27th October 2005, 7:10 PM
You don't have to review ours we would like you to but I read yours Excelent

Ash_Junior
27th October 2005, 7:14 PM
wrong forum...

this belongs in the Author's Cafe

*reported*

Jetx
27th October 2005, 10:44 PM
The link to my fan fic is on my sig.

Dilasc
27th October 2005, 10:59 PM
My fic Dust to Deceit is like that. I know I'm a good writer, or so my reviewers a year ago loved Dust to Deceit. Now it's back and nobody seems to read it.

Anyway! Maybe we shiould change the topic from 'I'm a fic reviewer' to something like 'Do you feel you don't get enough reviews?' Hmm? It doesn't risk being locked. Dust to Deceit's link is in my signature.

Jetx
27th October 2005, 11:19 PM
Dilasc I have an idea, you reveiw my fan fic and I'll review yours, PM me if you think it's a good idea

Ledian_X
28th October 2005, 12:21 AM
I know this is a lot to ask but, I would really appreciate it if people read and replied to my fic, Starbolts: New Beginnings. I don't really like asking for people to read and review it but I would like people to look at it and comment on it. I know it's a bit unusual to have a superhero fic on the board, and you guys might not know much about superheroes in general but any comment at all would be good.

My story has a lot of views and only one person (Dani) is making comments about it. I would like more people to read what I have so far and make comments. I'm up to chapter 7 in the thread. I'll post chapter 8 later and I'm now making chapter 13 and 14. There's a lot of story left and I would appreciate it if people reviewed it so far.

The link is in my signature. Please look at it. I hate having to ask but luckily this thread is here. I hope people like it and give it a shot. I know it's not a pokemon fic but at least give it a shot.

LX

Power Shot
28th October 2005, 12:34 AM
Oh boy, where do I begin. It's almost like my fics are invisible to people, yet I usually get nothing but good reviews.

Could you possibly both review my Zelda fics The Shattered Sword and A forgotten Legend: The Tears of Salvation? When I get one more review I am planning on posting the next chapters.

Also, in The Author's Café, I have a preview that never got a reply. It still needs a name, so I need help.

If you could find time to look at my work, I would gladly appreciate it.

Psychic
28th October 2005, 1:04 AM
Call me crazy, but if you have a fic that's going unnoticed, shouldn't you be posting in the 'Happy Fun Get The Word Out Thread'? That's the best way to get readers-that and post a 'commercial' in the 'Fanfiction Commercial Thread'.
This thread isn't offering advise or anything, and if you people want reviewers then go to the 'Fanfic Reviewers: Post Here' Sticky. PM a reviewer and they will give you a review if your fic is the kind they'd like. >.<

I would also quickly like to mention that Poster appears to be a suck-up and doesn't know that threads don't have 'leaders', never mind 'co-leaders'. o.O

Also, I'd advise asking your English teacher (or your dictionary if you talk to books a lot) when to use 'witch' and when to use 'which'. The use of proper grammar (and the space bar) are highly recomended.

~Psychic

Eternal Daydreamer
28th October 2005, 1:05 AM
Em, I've been advertising my story "Not So Sensational" for a week or two and nobody is replying. I know people are reading it but almost nobody is replying to it. A few people do reply and that keeps me going but I would like all of the "ghost" readers to tell me what they think once in a while.

I know the chapters are short and the description stinks but those are my weaknesses. Here's the link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=89540

The Burnt Shadow
28th October 2005, 7:13 AM
Well very few people read my fic, I think it's a good one. My fic is posted below in my sig. And for so many times I had to double post because I've been tired that people haven't read the last chapter...

Master Ein
28th October 2005, 11:22 AM
Every one PLEASE put a Rating.If not the mods will close it so then you won't have one.Mine is in my signature.So please review

Ash_Junior
28th October 2005, 3:07 PM
Every one PLEASE put a Rating.If not the mods will close it so then you won't have one.

eh? what is this? I've only rated one of my fics, and all of 'em are still open.

and that was an AAMRN

Master Ein
28th October 2005, 5:28 PM
Watch Kiori will find it sooner or later

Tale
28th October 2005, 5:40 PM
No threads get closed if they have no ratings. Full stop. Read the rules.

Just to confirm Psychic's post, there are already THREE threads in order to get reviewers. If you want to review, ME, post it in your sig and you'll recieve PMs. Even better, post in the reviewers thread. Surely making a whole new thread which basically mimics the reviewers thread except its for the benifit of one person is against the rules?

Meh, just read Psychic's post. Pay attention to the things around you.

Ledian_X
28th October 2005, 5:53 PM
I've found that even doing that doesn't give you reviews. I've only had Dani aka Mondo look at Starbolts: New Beginnings and respond. I get a lot of views for the fic but no one reviews it other than her. So, what's up with that? People look at it, yes. But no one responds to it.

I posted the link in my sig, I've posted trailers, and I've even posted in the "fic intro" thread. So, what else does a guy have to do to get reviews? I don't mean to be pissy but come on..People have done all that and more and still have yet to get reviews off of people reading the stuff.

Psychic has a point, Tale but even that doesn't matter in the long run. And you're right, threads with no ratings don't get closed. Mine doesn't have a rating in the title but in it, I dd put a PG-13. I do want reviews. The link is in my sig. I don't think this thread is against the rules. If it were, Sandra and Dragonfree would have closed it by now.

LX

Tale
28th October 2005, 6:00 PM
PM users in the review thread ;/ but if that hasn't worked then, well, theres not much you can do to be honest.
But my point is, all ME has to do is put in his sig that he's open for reviewing. There no need for a whole new thread.

Again, theres not much you can do if you've tried everything. Its like if you publish a book, you cant exactly do much if no one wants to read it. And anyways, unless you're really seeking to improve, the fact that people are reading it should comfort you enough, and you should be grateful for those who do review.

Hope you get more successful though!

Ledian_X
28th October 2005, 6:03 PM
PM users in the review thread ;/ but if that hasn't worked then, well, theres not much you can do to be honest.
But my point is, all ME has to do is put in his sig that he's open for reviewing. There no need for a whole new thread.

Again, theres not much you can do if you've tried everything. Its like if you publish a book, you cant exactly do much if no one wants to read it. And anyways, unless you're really seeking to improve, the fact that people are reading it should comfort you enough, and you should be grateful for those who do review.

Hope you get more successful though!

Yeah, I got ya. And I am grateful. I have been thinking of getting it published. There's a lot of money in publishing your own comic. If only I had an artist.

LX

Jelly♥Winry
28th October 2005, 6:22 PM
Mine is hardly getting any attention
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=92542

The Burnt Shadow
28th October 2005, 7:43 PM
Hey Jelly, I posted on your fic and put a bit of things you need to do. But since I posted yours I was hoping if you could see mine. The link's down below on my sig...

Mimori Kiryu
28th October 2005, 9:11 PM
I started a fic called the Revolutionary Battle, and I haven't had many replies....well...if you reply on my story..I'll reply to yours. Thanks if you do.

Banner and link in my signature. ^_^

mindripper
28th October 2005, 9:14 PM
Why not PM each other and not disturb others nby posting? I am open to reviews, but contact me through PM. I only request that I be given time. Reviews will still be of quality, though. One-shots are even better, and I will do those almost immediately.

Master Ein
28th October 2005, 9:38 PM
One everyone is openm to this people can;t read PM so instead of yhat I opened this.

Yamato-san
29th October 2005, 7:32 AM
I wish more would review PMC.... and, seeing as I'm focusing towards doujinshi, I'd really like to hear some opinions on where the storyline's going, depth, characterization, etc., quite a bit of which I'm having some troubles with (especially characterization). Hearing praise about my scripting at first was good, but now it's getting old, and I can hardly give a s*** about my diction in descriptions, you know, treating it less for its storyline and more for that crap that wouldn't matter once I start working on a doujinshi.

Mimori Kiryu
29th October 2005, 10:27 PM
NVM my story. I deleted it. It needs a lot more work

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
29th October 2005, 10:54 PM
My Fic's a good five months old, but I only get a couple of replies.....It could be worse, but it certainly could be better. My link's in my Sig, if anyone's interested.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Master Ein
30th October 2005, 7:31 AM
It would not be fair if I left mine out so mine is in my sig.Come to my site to post your ficss

Dilasc
1st November 2005, 11:35 PM
Why not just read them here? Seriously, having to up and bring my work to yet another site makes me a bit uneasy to the thought. For real, just read our works here.

Ash_Junior
5th November 2005, 6:29 AM
*snickers*

this is hilarious.

"I don't have any reviews!"

heh...

I've got news for you. I have at LEAST 100 pages worth MS word that haven't gotten a SINGLE review. that's the later chapters of HHNF: Legacy, and Operation: Celebi.

but do I come around and whine about it?

nah, I just keep writing. do you know why? because I like writing for writing's SAKE!

sure, I LOVE reviews, but...if I don't get any, I'm still fine.

if I cared about reviews, I would have quit writing a LONG time ago. I REALLY don't see what the big deal about not getting reviews is.

lol...

Master Ein
22nd November 2005, 7:53 PM
Okay I would like you to review mine

Eileen
22nd November 2005, 10:03 PM
I only got about 19 viewers... which isn't that bad, but not good... I expect it to be more after I add more chapters after the end of this week...

and I won't give up. ;)

dude-z
25th November 2005, 5:34 AM
Well i have finished mine about 3 weeks ago and i don't have any reviewers!
I really need at least one before it comes crashing down in 1 week!
PS I'm a 1st time writer!

Medical Meccanica
25th November 2005, 8:20 PM
Don't be afraid of it just because you don't know the least bit about Monster Rancher. You still migth find it intresting... I really want reviews before I start writing the next chapter. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=96261)

Bu†cH
26th November 2005, 3:07 AM
I have people read my fanfic, but NOT REVIEWING IT!

I can't nag my friends to review it much longer!

hikari_blaze
26th November 2005, 3:18 AM
Hardly anyone reads my fic... it's like I'm invisible... ;___________;

I usually only get like 1 review and some reviews tell me what I need to fix. They never seem to go easy on me. I do a script while others do it and get away with it!

Master Ein
26th November 2005, 10:40 AM
Well *** long as it is not all cramed up I'll R_R

Guitar dude bill
26th November 2005, 11:01 AM
could somebody read mine. I'll right the next chapter when i get a few more reviews. the link is on my sig. just click the banner to read

Dimentio
11th March 2006, 4:38 AM
wow, it sure hasnt had many posts here for a while. Um, could someone read mine please? It's a LoZ fic and the next chapter is soon to be up. The link is: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105822

Omega Pirate
12th March 2006, 12:05 PM
Wow, people have read mine but no one will comment, it must be bad!

But look at it anyway!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109644

Praxiteles
12th March 2006, 12:20 PM
I don't want to sound like I'm whining - which I probably am - but yes, my fic really lacks reviews. I had a burst of one-time reviews, and after that, only one person subscribed to my fic, and even he/she hasn't shown any signs yet (although I'm pretty sure that's because there is nothing new currently to talk on). So, yeah.

The link is in my sig, by the way.

DarkGirl
12th March 2006, 4:51 PM
Kanto Journeys (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2897137#post2897137)
My Pokemon fanfic is Original Trainer, which probably puts people off reading it. The people who have read it say it's quite good, though. There are 17 chapters and a prologue at the moment. I would greatly appreciate anyone who wants to read and review it.

Act
12th March 2006, 4:52 PM
Why didn't they just call this thread, 'Whine about how I have no reviews instead of working to make myself better and get readers (Oh, and you can gloat about how great you are, too!).'?

The Great Butler
12th March 2006, 10:30 PM
I've found my fic's reception to be a bit lukewarm too. Perhaps the "Pokémon XD" part of the title makes people uneasy about it.....

The link's in my signature if anyone wants to give it a try.

Orange_Flaaffy
13th March 2006, 6:22 AM
Why didn't they just call this thread, 'Whine about how I have no reviews instead of working to make myself better and get readers (Oh, and you can gloat about how great you are, too!).'?
Well, when all is said and done, maybe a topic for people to just whine about their fan fiction is not that uncalled for. It might even be sort of therapeutic, provided it doesn't annoy or disturb other writers. We all need time to rant sometimes more so on the Internet than in real life.

As it is I haven't gotten any reviews for some years now, that is , I don't count sprite comics is true fan fiction in my eyes. But hopefully I can make a bit of a comeback sooner or later :-)

Act
13th March 2006, 11:42 PM
Well, when all is said and done, maybe a topic for people to just whine about their fan fiction is not that uncalled for. It might even be sort of therapeutic, provided it doesn't annoy or disturb other writers. We all need time to rant sometimes more so on the Internet than in real life.

As someone who not only takes review requests very readily, but sends them out like there won't be a tomorrow and has a party any time someone new posts on the 'Reviewers Post Here' thread, I don't think whining does anyone too much good, nor do I think it's the best way to do things. IMO, it's a little lazy.

Haunter
13th March 2006, 11:48 PM
I, for one, enjoyed Act's review and I can attest to her readiness to review, seeing as she's reviewed a few of my fics.

There are tons of other fic reviewers too, so don't whine about not getting reviews.

Dragonfree
13th March 2006, 11:58 PM
Aside from that, this is an ancient thread that should not have been bumped. -_-;