PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Mistakes in Pokemon

Fatal
29th October 2005, 10:39 PM
This is where you can post weird things that happen in Pokemon that could never be true.

For example, in one episode with the Movie Star Brad, when team rocket tried to steal smoochum and togepi, the two Pokemon were in the air and Ash said, "Quick Bayleef, use your vine whip to grab Smoochum and Togepi before team rocket gets them again!"

Like he would really have time to say all that before they hit the ground...

What else have you noticed that is similar to this?

Geki
29th October 2005, 10:50 PM
I agree, I hate when Ash commands one of his Pokemon to do something quick to save someone, and he talks for like 30 seconds before the Pokemon does the command.

--Pokemon--
29th October 2005, 10:53 PM
I think this is one: In the Snorlax episode like in your avatar, where did Ash get the apple costume?

CyberCubed
29th October 2005, 10:54 PM
^ Use your imagination. Just like TR's costumes and giant mecha's appear out of nowhere.

Aptenodytes
29th October 2005, 10:55 PM
i remember a recent one in "training wrecks" when ash thinks of a way to beat walrein and his ice ball... while walrein in charging up, ash takes like 30 secs to think of a plan and nothing happened in between

Mastercougar
29th October 2005, 10:58 PM
What I find weird is that whenever Max comments on Abilities, he refers to them as if they were game mechanics. For example, instead of saying "Sharpedo skin is rough, except when it's around trusted friends," he says "Sharpedo has a certain trait called Rough Skin, that's only effective against opponents."

Also, there's all the times where Charizard has set Ash on fire and then two seconds later he's fine....but that doesn't really bother me as much.

Fatal
29th October 2005, 11:33 PM
Another weird thing is that Misty follows Ash around for like, 3 years, supposedly because he wrecked her bike, yet she only brings up the subject of her lost bicycle in about 3 or 4 episodes...

cold_katanagirl
29th October 2005, 11:36 PM
Another weird thing is that Misty follows Ash around for like, 3 years, supposedly because he wrecked her bike, yet she only brings up the subject of her lost bicycle in about 3 or 4 episodes...We all know that was a lame excuse to follow Ash around.

ALL of Pokemon is impossible. The end.

Prelude
30th October 2005, 12:00 AM
Also, there's all the times where Charizard has set Ash on fire and then two seconds later he's fine....but that doesn't really bother me as much.

How does Ash even survive one of those Flamethrowers? In the Red/Blue Pokedex entry it says that one of its fire attacks could burn rocks

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
30th October 2005, 12:04 AM
How does Ash even survive one of those Flamethrowers? In the Red/Blue Pokedex entry it says that one of its fire attacks could burn rocks

He probably survives them the same way Team Rocket survive all those Blast offs.

Judai Yuki
30th October 2005, 1:08 AM
Team Rocket should be dead taking thunderbolts over 400 time wtf thats crazy

O Fortuna
30th October 2005, 1:14 AM
Oh no! Things in a cartoon aren't possible in real life! Who woulda thunk it?

Anyway, like cold_katanagirl already said, all of Pokemon is impossible. You can't really expect an anime to be totally realistic, can you?

-Koumori-
30th October 2005, 1:44 AM
1. We all know that was a lame excuse to follow Ash around.

2. ALL of Pokemon is impossible. The end.
One: Definetly >_> She wanted some Pallet Town loving.

Two: Agreed. This thread is easily halted by what you just said. Don't bother thinking that making a thirty second speech to explain a plan to save someones life as they fall is impossible. A rat firing Electricity from it's cheeks is even worse, as is...well, everything a Pokemon can do >_>;;

Three: Tales of Symphonia is awesome.

Fatal
30th October 2005, 7:38 AM
Well this oughta get you thinking! This is a huge mistake! In one of the Pokemon comics, Ash's Poliwhirl evolved into Poliwrath just like any other old Pokemon. Ummm... excuse me, Viz Comics, but didn't you say Poliwhirl evolves into Poliwrath with a water stone?!!

Kiyohime
30th October 2005, 7:44 AM
The manga doesn't exactly follow game mechanics. If it did, we wouldn't have seen an Eevee "slide" evolve between its three different evolutions in the space of a few minutes. And that isn't Ash you're thinking of, it was Red's Poliwhirl.

pikadon92
30th October 2005, 7:59 AM
Well this oughta get you thinking! This is a huge mistake! In one of the Pokemon comics, Ash's Poliwhirl evolved into Poliwrath just like any other old Pokemon. Ummm... excuse me, Viz Comics, but didn't you say Poliwhirl evolves into Poliwrath with a water stone?!!
Actually it did. It used the special water stone to evolve himself prio. But in anime, I didn't see leaf stones, but I saw exeggcut evolving once.

Anyway, I think it is when pikachu T-bolts Team Rocket. TR just stand there doing nothing especially when they know what to expect.

MaskedManAbsolkid
30th October 2005, 10:59 AM
Actually it did. It used the special water stone to evolve himself prio. But in anime, I didn't see leaf stones, but I saw exeggcut evolving once.

Anyway, I think it is when pikachu T-bolts Team Rocket. TR just stand there doing nothing especially when they know what to expect.

Do you mean the eppy where Charmander evolved? Melvin hypnotised the exeggcute to evolve, IIRC.

wasn't it explained in a radio special that Mondo brings things to TR?

All of pokemon is impossible like said, but he means impossible things in the pokemon world most likely.

Then there's that whole thing with May's squirtle using Ice beam nearly perfectly, but it took snorunt a while to learn

Yamato-san
30th October 2005, 11:18 AM
actually, I think it's been explained that there were traces of Leaf Stone in the soil, which is what caused Tamatama to evolve to Nasshy.

Mondo did supply Nyaasu-tachi with their resources throughout Kantou.... however, sometime afterwards, he disappeared, seeing as for a while, the Rocket Dan organization didn't even know those three were still alive, so it can be assumed Mondo thought the same. Before that Delibird episode in late Jouto, I think the last time they ever made contact with Sakaki was late Kantou, which means Nyaasu-tachi would've lost contact with the organization sometime in Orange Islands or Jouto.... though, it's likely in Orange Islands, considering in one episode, Musashi brought up how Monster Balls cost money, even though you think something like that would be very easily supplied by Mondo. Anyway, Rocket Dan made a lot more sense back in Kantou, but having lost contact with the organization, then being in debt to the organization, then being refused anymore funding, it makes you wonder where the hell they get all their mechas. Are they lucky enough to find extremely generous part-time employers wherever they go?

ChaosMage
30th October 2005, 11:40 AM
You might as well make a thread about Tom and Jerry. Cartoons =/= reality. That's what's great about them.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
30th October 2005, 11:56 AM
You might as well make a thread about Tom and Jerry. Cartoons =/= reality. That's what's great about them.
and that is what attracts veiwers

and wouldn't TR be dead now since they have been electrocuted for over 410 episodes?

Calcos the Destroyer
30th October 2005, 4:26 PM
I'm new. I think that ur all correct. It's a cartoon, not a documentary. I also hate Ash. So WHAT if he's becoming mature for once, he's a whiney child that is seriously overused in the series. I swear that if Ash is in the fourth generation, I will die. We all will.

Lord wackruntlje
30th October 2005, 4:46 PM
I'm new. I think that ur all correct. It's a cartoon, not a documentary. I also hate Ash. So WHAT if he's becoming mature for once, he's a whiney child that is seriously overused in the series. I swear that if Ash is in the fourth generation, I will die. We all will.

Then we can start digging our own grave, becuase the writers dont have enough imagination to remove Ash.

ON-TOPIC: How can anything that has with TR to do explode? I mean, in one episode they tripped on a ice-cream van or something and it exploded.

Lupin
31st October 2005, 3:31 PM
Well normally I'd say something along the lines of how Ash and the gang (like every other cartoon character) have mulitpul pairs of the same clothes. But I actually know people who do wear the same thing every day (seriously, I've seen inside their waredrobe).

Also the fact that Team Rocket seem to manage to built these giant machines in the space of 5-15 minutes.

Swifty
31st October 2005, 10:57 PM
ON-TOPIC: How can anything that has with TR to do explode? I mean, in one episode they tripped on a ice-cream van or something and it exploded.Apparently Jessie, James, and Meowth are constantly unwittingly doused with gasoline everytime they go somewhere. Or maybe the entropy of Team Rocket members is simply off the charts if we take a look at them on the quantum level.

But honestly, I think the directors and animators are aware how absurd it is in making Team Rocket blast off after doing it so many times. They probably wanted satirize the premise by adding something so off-the-wall like a combusting ice cream van.

CyberCubed
31st October 2005, 11:24 PM
Then we can start digging our own grave, becuase the writers dont have enough imagination to remove Ash.

Or...the fact that Ash is their main character and incredibly popular, and the writers don't care what a few whiny teens on a message board have to say.

PDL
31st October 2005, 11:29 PM
hay guys, none of the human characters are anatomically correct with their huge anime eyes hurrr...

none of anime can be "realistic", not even pokemon, even though they MAY have an explaination for some things, it's not possible to explain everything, so a suspension of disbelief is required when watching anything on TV...

MasterJedi
31st October 2005, 11:39 PM
Also the fact that Team Rocket seem to manage to built these giant machines in the space of 5-15 minutes.

Don't know if this is true in Japan but in the dub they have said before that they have ordered them. Must have been overnight delivery. :P

*Ra*
1st November 2005, 12:17 AM
Don't know if this is true in Japan but in the dub they have said before that they have ordered them. Must have been overnight delivery. :P

yes it is true that i think in some episodes that they ordered them but, then how do they order them if in most episodes they go like "hey theres the twerps" so it's like their surprised even though they are also spying on them in many episodes.

Satoshi
1st November 2005, 12:51 AM
Excuse me, Clammyshazam, but Viz didn't make the Pokemon Comics, they just translate them. And that was just one little mistake the original creators made.

Everything about the anime is impossible, actually, all anime is impossible with all the expressions. >_>

Here's a true and wierd impossible mistake, when Satoshi-tachi were at the Island of the Giant Pokemon, they were in the rollercoater with Hitokage, then they fell into the ocean.....but wouldn't all that water kill Hitokage? O_o;

pikadon92
1st November 2005, 9:41 AM
Excuse me, Clammyshazam, but Viz didn't make the Pokemon Comics, they just translate them. And that was just one little mistake the original creators made.

Everything about the anime is impossible, actually, all anime is impossible with all the expressions. >_>

Here's a true and wierd impossible mistake, when Satoshi-tachi were at the Island of the Giant Pokemon, they were in the rollercoater with Hitokage, then they fell into the ocean.....but wouldn't all that water kill Hitokage? O_o;
I know Satoshi is Ash, but what does Satoshi-tachi means? Tried the eng/jap reference, but I cannot find :(

RaikousThunder
1st November 2005, 6:17 PM
One impossible thing shown in the dub is Seviper evolving into Arbok or was it Arbok evolving into Seviper? Cant remember but both are wrong. Also in What You Seed is What you get Ash commanded Treecko to use Harden which it can not do. Grovyle being able to ride on a normal sized Gligar is also slightly impossible. Gligar growing huge so it can ride on it and then going back to normal size if crazy. The dub makes lot of mistakes = impossibilties.

Seijiro Mafuné
1st November 2005, 7:34 PM
Okay, this is the most probable answer as to how Team Rocket gets all those mechas and stuff...

They buy it from ACME.

Lil Brother
2nd November 2005, 12:08 AM
One impossible thing shown in the dub is Seviper evolving into Arbok or was it Arbok evolving into Seviper? Cant remember but both are wrong. Also in What You Seed is What you get Ash commanded Treecko to use Harden which it can not do. Grovyle being able to ride on a normal sized Gligar is also slightly impossible. Gligar growing huge so it can ride on it and then going back to normal size if crazy. The dub makes lot of mistakes = impossibilties.Um... he told Corphish to use Harden, not Treecko.

The Arbok/Seviper thing wasn't in the anime! That was a silly dub flub that people just love to seem to constantly bring up! And it wasn't in an actual episode anyway.

Satoshi
2nd November 2005, 4:35 AM
I know Satoshi is Ash, but what does Satoshi-tachi means? Tried the eng/jap reference, but I cannot find :(
It means "Ash and the gang".

The Arbok/Seviper thing wasn't in the anime! That was a silly dub flub that people just love to seem to constantly bring up! And it wasn't in an actual episode anyway.
And a really stupid dub flub too, it's like they didn't even care to look it up before putting it in....

*cough*

Anyway.....

One Word: Mondo =O Yes, he only appeared in the CD dramas, but it's the only logical way they got those machines under 5-15 minutes. >_>

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd November 2005, 10:00 AM
Lupin, the TR mecha thing was answered on page 1 >_>

Also, why isn't Ash dead yet? A lot of the things he does would kill someone. It's a cartoon, yes, but still...

Sapphire Ocean Princess
2nd November 2005, 10:20 AM

Don't ask us. he must be born fire proof or something to survive Flamethrowers. How he survives Thunderbolts is explainable though. I wonder how does TR get to where Ash and Co. are when they are blasted around 100 miles away. How do they even survive that? It's not reality so we'll never know.

pikadon92
2nd November 2005, 12:04 PM
I think humans in the pokworld must be mutants! They an survive under any attacks 0_o'

Alfonso
2nd November 2005, 1:41 PM
'Ash and the gang' is a rather sticky and annoying sounding translation of 'Satoshi-tachi'. A rather simple explanation would be that, but it's not entirely accurate and doesn't lend itself well to other translations of the Japanese language.

For example, 'Watashi-tachi' would mean 'we'. (Watashi = I.) -Tachi basically indicates a group, or more than one, if you get what I mean.

blaze boy
2nd November 2005, 1:54 PM

First off his name was Red not Ash. And second the water had a water stone in the sea somewhere and this cause Poliwhirl to evolve into Poliwrath.

That is if you are talking about Pokemon adventures.

RaikousThunder
3rd November 2005, 4:55 PM
Um... he told Corphish to use Harden, not Treecko.

The topic is mistakes in Pokemon and the Arbok/Seviper thing was a pokemon mistake. But whatever.

And yes in the dub Ash one time told Treecko to use Harden. Watch the dub of that ep and you will hear it. He said Treecko Harden and Corphish Crabhammer or Bubblebeam i dont remember which attack but he did say Treecko us Harden.

Lupin
4th November 2005, 1:24 PM

Must have ordered it from the ACME Co, they do insante delivery right?

Seijiro Mafuné
4th November 2005, 7:33 PM
I already said that...

Ralts Master
6th November 2005, 2:54 AM
Okay, this is the most probable answer as to how Team Rocket gets all those mechas and stuff...

They buy it from ACME.
That... explains a hell of a lot...

Poke Master 7
6th November 2005, 8:23 AM
how about how TR always says there low on cash yet they always buy these huge robots
and how in most cases how when a pokemon is captured it suddenly bcomes obedient to the one who captured it

Chris
6th November 2005, 8:51 AM
*siiiigh*

First of all, anyone mentioning quotes from the dub as mistakes outta know most of those mistakes are NOT in the original version. 4Kids has been dubbing the series for nearly 7 years and STILL doesn't know anything about the show they're working on.

Second, DO NOT BRING REAL LIFE PHYSICS INTO AN ANIMATED SHOW. If a Water Gun can cause a FIREY EXPLOSION just by hitting the ground, then obviously the show's not going to be as realistic as possible.

"lolz ash survived flamthrowr how?!11"

May as well ask how Elmer Fudd survives a gunshot to the head after inspecting his gun through the holes when thinking "No mo' buwets." Or how Wily Coyote is STILL chasing Road Runner after having taken gigantic boulder, anvils and other ton-weighing objects to his entire body.

And for the whole "show stopping while person thinks," this is not just in Pokémon. This sorta thing occurs in other shows.

Inuyasha639
6th November 2005, 8:35 PM
I do have to agree with TR or the gang being dead right now with a lot of stuff happening to them (e.g shocked with 1,000 volts, being in an exploding robot, and getting blasted off with pokemon attacks) No one can survive those. And yet they come back in the next episode as good as new and as if nothing happened to them. And I don't get how TR can go to space in "Take This House and Shuppet" and fall back on Earth like there was gravity in space. I don't get how in one episode (in "Gaining Groudon" or "Legend of Scuffles, I didn't watch it) Brock, May, and Max was sent underwater and come back to the surface ok and that they didn't drown.

Dipper_11
7th November 2005, 10:34 AM
ive seen misnamed pokemon in the trainers choice recently

Yamato-san
7th November 2005, 3:20 PM
[sigh] This is what I hate most about threads like these.... people will bring up mistakes in the English dub. You'd think it'd be common knowledge by now that a mistake in the dub, especially on something like the Trainer's Choice, is more than likely NOT there in the original Japanese version. And who wants to bet someone will wander in here under the assumption that 4kids makes Pokemon (if it hasn't happened here already.... I read through this thread, but my memory's not perfect, so....)?

Fatal
7th November 2005, 9:20 PM
I do have to agree with TR or the gang being dead right now with a lot of stuff happening to them (e.g shocked with 1,000 volts, being in an exploding robot, and getting blasted off with pokemon attacks) No one can survive those. And yet they come back in the next episode as good as new and as if nothing happened to them. And I don't get how TR can go to space in "Take This House and Shuppet" and fall back on Earth like there was gravity in space. I don't get how in one episode (in "Gaining Groudon" or "Legend of Scuffles, I didn't watch it) Brock, May, and Max was sent underwater and come back to the surface ok and that they didn't drown.

Yes, also in the episode with Lapras, Ash is underwater for like 1 minute and nothing happens to him.

DeoxysTrainer
7th November 2005, 10:49 PM
I agree, I hate when Ash commands one of his Pokemon to do something quick to save someone, and he talks for like 30 seconds before the Pokemon does the command.
Ash has the power to freeze time!

Ethereal
7th November 2005, 10:50 PM
And you have the power to type stupid crap. :)

johnnyd2
8th November 2005, 12:57 AM
i have one to add, i just watched part of the first misty hoso and i wondered, why does she go "OMG IM GONNA DIE!!shift111" When arboks poison stings are heading for her in that episode with marril yet she survives getting hit by a CRAPLOAD of them from the trio of tentacruel (and that doesnt even count the tackle). Unconcious is all that happens? Judging from misty's reaction in the marril episode, potential death seems more likely (yeah she probably wouldve drowned if it werent for gyarados (SP?) but that wouldnt have been from the poison!). Thats craziness right there.

Faerie
8th November 2005, 1:37 AM
Or...the fact that Ash is their main character and incredibly popular, and the writers don't care what a few whiny teens on a message board have to say.And preteens, in my case. >D

Anywhoo, I don't see how either of these things are possible:

1. Team Rocket gets 'blasted off' in almost every episode. Don't you think they'd actually get hurt by now?

2. Ash was never hurt when his Charizard uses Flamethrower on him. He just turns black and, two seconds later, is magically healed. It gets really old. X__x

May as well ask how Elmer Fudd survives a gunshot to the head after inspecting his gun through the holes when thinking "No mo' buwets." Or how Wily Coyote is STILL chasing Road Runner after having taken gigantic boulder, anvils and other ton-weighing objects to his entire body.Well, the anime could at least be a bit more realistic, neh?

Fatal
8th November 2005, 4:46 AM
Well, the anime could at least be a bit more realistic, neh?

Yes, while I understand that impossible things happen in cartoons, what really gets to me is when Ash babbles on to his Pokemon forever and a day when someone is about to die or something is about to fall.

sephiroth follower
11th November 2005, 4:27 AM
heres one in EVERY battle ash tells his pokemon to dodge attacks unless his pokemon are stupid( or he trained them to be) shouldn't they already do it

here's two mewtwo kill people the three ancint birds almost do (ash) yet apparently no other pokemon (other than legenderies)can kill someone (I'm sure they'd like to)

Polursine
11th November 2005, 5:54 AM
I'm very confused that in Pokemon: The First Movie (beginning) Pikachu used Thunderbolt on a Golem who then got knocked out!

Yeah, them TR robots are everywhere, and usually suit the situation they're in.

Now, after over 300 eps, you'd think they'd have learnt noe to escape in a hot air balloon. And their submarine always is something stupid, and how can they pedal for so long?

Chris
11th November 2005, 6:04 AM
heres one in EVERY battle ash tells his pokemon to dodge attacks unless his pokemon are stupid( or he trained them to be) shouldn't they already do it
Not exactly. Sometimes trainers will command a Pokémon to stay and GUARD the attack. It's all part of strategy and a part of actual fighting. Either dodge or block the hit. Sometimes Pokémon aren't fast enough to dodge certain attacks and have to block them, rather than take the attack in an unguarded moment as they try to avoid it.

here's two mewtwo kill people the three ancint birds almost do (ash) yet apparently no other pokemon (other than legenderies)can kill someone (I'm sure they'd like to)
Myuutwo blew up everything on the island by causing the whole building to explode and collapse. You actually think they'd comically allow them to survive?

Fatal
12th November 2005, 7:58 AM
Also in FR/LG, when you use fly while surfing, the surf Pokemon just gets left in the water, but then you still have it with you (of course). That's kind of really annoying!

Yamato-san
12th November 2005, 9:25 AM
Not exactly. Sometimes trainers will command a Pokémon to stay and GUARD the attack. It's all part of strategy and a part of actual fighting. Either dodge or block the hit. Sometimes Pokémon aren't fast enough to dodge certain attacks and have to block them, rather than take the attack in an unguarded moment as they try to avoid it.

Real shame the anime writers choose to be repetitive and almost always go with the former than the latter. No wonder Kortoise got screwed over, they seem to have this preference towards evasive strategy than anything else. Speaking of Kortoise, even it was fitted to such strategies (even if it seemed to have not pull it off as well as Satoshi's other Pokemon), in spite of what it should be naturally adept at: a slow-moving shield with a projectile offense. Instead, we get a desert tortoise that's able to run and jump 20 feet in the air, just what the hell were they smoking? Oddly enough, they seem to have absolutely no problem with fitting Heigani into the role of a defensive Pokemon.

kennychan007
12th November 2005, 11:27 AM
Team Rocket should be dead taking thunderbolts over 400 time wtf thats crazy

Yes, I argee. Team Rocket must die when they are electric shocked over many time. In real world, they must die just 1 time for 20 seconds.

pikadon92
12th November 2005, 12:39 PM
Team Rocket should be dead taking thunderbolts over 400 time wtf thats crazyYes, I argee. Team Rocket must die when they are electric shocked over many time. In real world, they must die just 1 time for 20 seconds.

First of all, anyone mentioning quotes from the dub as mistakes outta know most of those mistakes are NOT in the original version. 4Kids has been dubbing the series for nearly 7 years and STILL doesn't know anything about the show they're working on.

Second, DO NOT BRING REAL LIFE PHYSICS INTO AN ANIMATED SHOW. If a Water Gun can cause a FIREY EXPLOSION just by hitting the ground, then obviously the show's not going to be as realistic as possible.

And for the whole "show stopping while person thinks," this is not just in Pokémon. This sorta thing occurs in other shows.
Read these-don't expect me to 4kids-fied them either :/

pikachu000
12th November 2005, 1:19 PM
in the episold were a trianer's maovile (this) ---> ;303; is in love with brocks lambrai(this)------> ;271;

at first lombrai don't like maovile at all but when it evolved it loves maovile why is that??
and how did lombrai konw that the trianer had a water stone in her bag?

and how did ash servive pikachu's shocks in the start of kento??

Satoshi
12th November 2005, 7:45 PM
at first lombrai don't like maovile at all but when it evolved it loves maovile why is that??
Oh, I don't know, maybe it developed an affection for it? ¬¬ It's personality changed when it evolve, which was stated in the actual episode.

and how did lombrai konw that the trianer had a water stone in her bag?
It didn't, it was just digging into it randomly. -_-;

and how did ash servive pikachu's shocks in the start of kento??
Seriously, it's an animated cartoon, you can't expect everything to make sense. You can't expect a show, that has creatures with amazing powers and abilities in it, to actually "make sense". ¬¬

(BTW, it's Lombre, not lambrai or lombrai, and it's Kanto, not kento. Now THOSE are impossible mistakes, along with other words you misspelled. Spell Checker, plz. ¬¬)

Zoy_Herotic
12th November 2005, 8:37 PM
One thing that bothers me about the dubbed Anime is when TR dress up and manage to fool Ash and co! Like seriously, how could you not tell it was them?!

sephiroth follower
13th November 2005, 4:13 PM
heres one from the people who ban episodes. they banned the legend of dragonair for gunshot yet alot of the time team rocket's shooting missiles (which is more deadly) there's something wrong with that

Satoshi
13th November 2005, 5:23 PM
heres one from the people who ban episodes. they banned the legend of dragonair for gunshot yet alot of the time team rocket's shooting missiles (which is more deadly) there's something wrong with that
That's because guns are much more obtainable than missiles. Plus, they never actually hit anybody, they missed every damn time.

Chris
13th November 2005, 5:46 PM
One thing that bothers me about the dubbed Anime is when TR dress up and manage to fool Ash and co! Like seriously, how could you not tell it was them?!
Same reason Lois Lane doesn't suspect that Superman is Clark Kent without glasses. It's easy for the viewers to tell, but not for the characters.

Those missiles you speak of usually are just nets. There haven't been any ACTUAL missiles. And as I've said before, they banned it because the warden FIRED his gun at the kids. He didn't threaten them first. He FIRED and pointed his gun at the group several times. Then you have the Rocket Gang, who tied up the warden and held guns to his head.

Adzieboy
13th November 2005, 5:59 PM
But team Rocket threw bombs at Ash and co, when they were eating. Just sat there merrily and suddenly HOLY POO ITS A BOMB! ...Wow, there goes my lunch.

Chris
13th November 2005, 6:11 PM
Those were dubbed as "blaster balls" in the dub. And even then, they only blew up parts of the ground and completely missed the characters.

sephiroth follower
19th November 2005, 12:22 AM
the missles did in explode quite a few episodes and I don't have time to find the episodes

Fatal
29th November 2005, 3:56 PM
Also, as I mentioned in a different thread, when Victreebell is released out of Team Rocket's balloon, then shown swooping down on Ash and friends 20 feet away, but the next second, it is on top of James' head...

Chris
29th November 2005, 6:26 PM
It's not a mistake. ¬¬; It's an anime thing. They can abuse the fact that the characters are cartoon characters and can do things you can't do in real life. The laws of physics do not apply to Pokémon.

Heracross
30th November 2005, 12:09 AM
Those were dubbed as "blaster balls" in the dub. And even then, they only blew up parts of the ground and completely missed the characters.
Though the bombs used in the first Tooru episode were a lot more menacing as they were only barely missing Satoshi.

Puffs
30th November 2005, 1:10 AM
This probably wasn't a mistake, but we all know about May's... infamous Shroomish.

Weren't guns pointed at Ash in "Here Comes the Squirtle Squad", after he ran inside that general store?

Heracross
30th November 2005, 1:57 AM
Weren't guns pointed at Ash in "Here Comes the Squirtle Squad", after he ran inside that general store?
And by Junsa in episode 34 when Satoshi was caught poaching in what he mistook for the Safari Zone. The difference with these examples is that they were all rifles or shotguns and they were never fired, they were just there to look menacing. Since the warden had hand guns, people saw them as more of a threat regarding children. Especially since he fired them at the Rocket-dan, and they received no injuries.

intergalactic platypus
30th November 2005, 2:23 AM
one thing i never got was how bulbasaur was so amazingly strong and muscular that its ultra thin vines could hold up a human being falling off a cliff at a high velocity

XSilverStarboyX
30th November 2005, 3:09 AM
The whole Charizard burning Ash and everything being cool is what bothers me. You see, I burnt my hand with hot grease and I got third degree burns all over my right hand, and the tiny bit of hair on my knuckles totally charred off.;152;

Seijiro Mafuné
2nd December 2005, 2:45 PM
Ed, don't forget the Bill episode.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
2nd December 2005, 2:51 PM
Also, as I mentioned in a different thread, when Victreebell is released out of Team Rocket's balloon, then shown swooping down on Ash and friends 20 feet away, but the next second, it is on top of James' head...
well once when James released Cacnea and Cacnea is in midair and then just 'flies' up to James, so why can't Victreebell do the same?

Chris
2nd December 2005, 7:47 PM
And by Junsa in episode 34 when Satoshi was caught poaching in what he mistook for the Safari Zone. The difference with these examples is that they were all rifles or shotguns and they were never fired, they were just there to look menacing. Since the warden had hand guns, people saw them as more of a threat regarding children. Especially since he fired them at the Rocket-dan, and they received no injuries.
Not to mention they couldn't go around those scenes since they developed the story further along. Had Junsa never gotten in the way and had Satoshi go with her, they could have easily cut the scene.

The whole Charizard burning Ash and everything being cool is what bothers me. You see, I burnt my hand with hot grease and I got third degree burns all over my right hand, and the tiny bit of hair on my knuckles totally charred off.
ONCE AGAIN. THIS IS A CARTOON. Obviously things will happen in it that cannot happen in real life. How about pointing a rifle in front of you while saying "No more buwwets." and firing it off at your head? Pretty damn sure you won't be lucky like Elmer Fudd. Comedic violence usually never causes an injury that lasts an entire episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd December 2005, 5:14 AM

What does that have to do with the dub?

RedJirachi
7th December 2005, 8:16 AM
I think humans in the pokworld must be mutants! They an survive under any attacks 0_o'
The humans prehaps evolved a protective-like body that can make them survive Pokemon attacks{but not attacks by mother Earth,or ulrta-extreme attacks like when Ash got killed by the attack of Mew and Mewtwo}

Chris
8th December 2005, 11:42 AM
>_> *sigh* Cartoon, folks. It's a freakin' cartoon. Don't try to bring real life logic into a franchise that's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that it's cartoony to begin with.

RedJirachi
20th December 2005, 7:49 AM
In the Duskull ep how did TR get blasted into the airless vacuum of space?
1.The electric shock wouldn't be storng enough to blast them beyond the atmosphere!
2.Without atmospheric pressure in space,wouldn't TR explode in the endless void of the cosmos?
3.How could TR fall in space without gravity?
4.How can they say that their blasting off when sound can't travel through space?

Chris
20th December 2005, 2:30 PM
God damnit.

CARTOON

CARTOON

CAR-FREAKIN'-TOON.

You do not question laws of physics with animated programs. ><