PDA

View Full Version : May's Egg-Cellent Adventure! (427)

Serebii
3rd November 2005, 4:36 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/427.jpgMay's Egg-Cellent Adventure!

On their way to the Battle Dome, Ash & Co. come across a Breeding Center containing many Pokémon Eggs. In this Breeding Center is a girl who wants to be a Co-ordinator and falls out with May because May is one. However Team Rocket soon appear to steal the eggs. Will May & the girl manage to put their differences aside and protect the eggs?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/427.shtml)

Discuss

Golden Darkness
3rd November 2005, 7:02 PM
Hmmm.... if the computer translation of the Pokeani duscussion of the episodes is accurate, two important things are of note in this episode, plotwise.

Pikachu has a new move: ボルテッカー Not sure what it is. It is borutekka or something like that. Volt Tackle maybe?
May got a Pokemon egg. Pokeani is saying it's an egg of an Eevee.

The ending credits also returned to Glory Days

ZoraJolteon
3rd November 2005, 7:06 PM
ボルテッカー is Volt Tackle.
The loss of Pokemon Counting Song isn't surprising really.
As for Eevee, I refuse to comment until I see it.

JazzJazz
3rd November 2005, 7:19 PM
It's surprising that pikachu gets a new move and probably won't end up being used against the next Frontier Brain (given that the comic semi-spoiled it for us).

V Faction
3rd November 2005, 7:21 PM
Oh, that's nice....

Uh. Wait. Huh? Eevee? That's.... frightening....

And Glory Days again? That's a shame. Pokemon Momokowhatever was.... well, it had.... it was kind of.... Corphish danced in it, I know that much was good about it.

Of course, I'll wait for the Official Word, but thanks GD.

Factory Head Noland
3rd November 2005, 7:33 PM
Volt Tackle? Kewl, I've always wanted to see Pikachu use that move. I'm glad that in finally learned it after about 2 years of small speculation about it.

An Eevee egg could mean either one of 3 things: May will get one of the known Eeveelutions, she will keep it as an Eevee or there will be a new Eeveelution in the 4th gen which it could evolve into.

Just a thought...

Gravy
3rd November 2005, 7:39 PM
Hooray for an electric powered Quick Attack? Bah, Volt Tackle will get real old, real fast. But good for them actually making an effort to implicate some of the more obscure attacks.

If Haruka does get an Eevee I'm gonna plotz. I despise that creature with a passion.
"Maybe it'll evolve into the D/P Pokémon, Steeleon!"

The Big Al
3rd November 2005, 7:39 PM
Eevee? Well, it was a matter of time. Same with Volt Tackle.

V Faction
3rd November 2005, 7:44 PM
Volt Tackle? Kewl, I've always wanted to see Pikachu use that move. I'm glad that in finally learned it after about 2 years of small speculation about it.

An Eevee egg could mean either one of 3 things: May will get one of the known Eeveelutions, she will keep it as an Eevee or there will be a new Eeveelution in the 4th gen which it could evolve into.
You make my head hurt!

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd November 2005, 9:43 PM
I wonder if Glory day is diffrent, y'know, since like Glalie, Torkoal, Ludicolo, Bulbasaur, Skitty, Chimecho, and Beautifly are gone. Plus Mudkip evolving and Phanphy with the group. Maybe they added in Torkoal and Glalie to the scene with the lab Pokemon!

Volt Tackle, cool. Guess this wasn't a filler. Hopefully, Evee won't evolve, a normal Eevee would be cool.

Blaziken master
3rd November 2005, 9:53 PM
I'm just glad that May has got something different from the others for once.Wonder what other pokemon appeared in the episode

SuperSonic
3rd November 2005, 10:02 PM
You guys are hard to please. This came completely out of the blue. It also could just be any brown egg and someone speculated it was eevee. I for one like Eevee, and it would probably stay in that form for a while. I'm not exactly sure I know how I feel about Volt Tackle though. But I do definitely give them credit for the surpises. I dont think this season is as bad as everyone's making it out to be. People should just try to have an open mind and remember all the things you were criticizing that wasn't in other episodes that is in this one.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
3rd November 2005, 10:06 PM
so May 'might' have gotten an Eevee?

that would be cool, I've just gotta wait til the site I get episodes from updates with the ep *not mentioning name for rule reasons*

anyway, I will reveiw when I see it

Feity
3rd November 2005, 10:18 PM
What attack did Munchlax end up using? (the punchy thing)

Flying Tropius
3rd November 2005, 10:30 PM
mega punch it seems like or possibly mach punch

Pokeballs
3rd November 2005, 10:39 PM
Hopefully Pikachu will only use Volt Tackle as his secret weapon or something, otherwise it'll get old real fast. Bah it'll get old real fast i'm sure :/

CyberCubed
3rd November 2005, 11:01 PM
I think it's safe to say that Eevee has new evolutions in D/P, which is the only reason I could think of for her to get it.

Anyway hurray for this episode being non-filler!

And OH NOES for yet another baby Pokemon being introduced!

We're going to have eggs coming out of our ears pretty soon.

PDL
3rd November 2005, 11:06 PM
Eevee?! what the crap?!

Eevee is the worst choice for a new pokemon for May... seriously! As you can tell, I really dislike Eevee or it's evolutions, though Espeon and Umbreon don't bug me as much as the others, so I wouldn't mind if Eevee evolves into one of those two, or even if it stays an eevee permaeintly... mostly because it's gimmick is the reason why I dislike it.

Volt tackle... well, I should have seen it comming, but I'm fine with that...

Thriller
3rd November 2005, 11:23 PM
Of course people are going to b*tch about May getting an Eevee. Whenever she gets Pokemon similiar to Ash's people get mad. If its different, people get mad.

I won't believe it till I see it though.

Oh and of course this thing will evolve into a new Eeveelution. We all know May is always used to promote the 4th Gen.

Glory Days back? Huh. *Drools at the thought of spoilers*

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 12:00 AM
*pulls egg out of ear*
What more could they do with Eevee? It has five evolution possibilities.

Actually, I'm an Eevee fan because it can become so many different kinds of Pokemon depending on the trainer and Eevee's personality and the other Pokemon they have.

*Waits for an "OMG whatz May Going 2 Evolve her Eevee in2 LOLZ?!" thread to appear in polls*

Gravy
4th November 2005, 12:04 AM
I think it's safe to say that Eevee has new evolutions in D/P, which is the only reason I could think of for her to get it.
Or how about the fact that its just because its a painfully popular little f*ck and everyone loves it and its evolutions? ^o^

I hope it evolves into something (preferably the shafted Umbreon) and quick. Eevee is probably one of the most boring pokémon they could have chosen battle-wise.
THE DEADLY SAND ATTACK!

...if she gets one that is.

Sharpshooter
4th November 2005, 12:07 AM
Well the last time Eevee was involved on this sort of level on a regular basis was with Gary, so I guess that's quite good, although I'm assuming it stay an Eevee for quite sometime as the writers seem to be going with this barrage of "cute infant pokémon" for May at the moment.

ghost master
4th November 2005, 12:08 AM
It's surprising that pikachu gets a new move and probably won't end up being used against the next Frontier Brain (given that the comic semi-spoiled it for us). well actually remember the last hoenn opening pikachu used volt tackle. I don't see a big problem with eevee the only thing that annoys me is the speculation about the gizillion eveelutions and the speculation is going to boost a lot more now. Also does anyone else think eevee will be similar to another super powered contest wh0re. I hope it stays w/ may for some part of then next saga since I doubt this BF saga is going to last like a twoyears or anything.

TeddiUrsa
Or how about the fact that its just because its a painfully popular little f*ck and everyone loves it and its evolutions? ^o^

I hope it evolves into something (preferably the shafted Umbreon) and quick. Eevee is probably one of the most boring pokémon they could have chosen battle-wise.
THE DEADLY SAND ATTACK!

...if she gets one that is.

Yes, so true.
Eevee has nothing to offer if you ask me. this time, a pokemon NEEDS an evolution to be interesting battle-wise I thin.

What could it do? Tackle. Bite. Sandattack. swift. wish, if we´re lucky.
booooring. maybe the egg never hatches because brock cooks it.

I hope it´s not her skitty replacement because skitty had at least interesting move ( although it was cheap with them)

Lil Brother
What's so bad with Eevee? Or do we just like to complain about everything about BF?

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 12:10 AM
*Remembers Sakura and how she and her Eevee got their heads handed to them by everyone (INCLUDING Team Rocket).*

Though they could make it into another super uber.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 12:13 AM
What's so bad with Eevee?

Eevee is probably one of the most boring pokémon they could have chosen battle-wise.

Thats whats wrong with it~

Sharpshooter
4th November 2005, 12:15 AM
I thought they made a good job of it with Gary, I quite liked that battle towards the end of the Orange Islands with Ash! :D

Black Marauder
4th November 2005, 12:31 AM
Thats whats wrong with it~

More like what you think is wrong with Eevee.

If the writers do it, then they done did it and we can't do anything but to just watch or not watch :p

PlusleMinun
4th November 2005, 12:32 AM
I believe if May actually does get an Eevee, it will evolve into espeon or (if there are going tobe any) a 4th gen evolution. also i am suprised pikachu learned vold tackle! That was a shocker (no pun intended) but it would have been nice if corphish learned a tm attack o well i can't wait for the battle dome (its episode title makes it sound cool (lol))

Squirtle_007
4th November 2005, 12:35 AM
Wow, then if you wanna sell something ... give it to Haruka

Don´t you think that maybe Eevee could be a Pokémon XD advertisiment?

But ... on the other hand, if REALLY Haruka got an Eevee, I would like it to evolve it ... the Eeveelution doesn´t matter, but for some weird reason, I think it could evolve into a Vaporeon or a Flareon, I kinda like Eevee and it suits Haruka but ... I have the frightening feeling that it´s gonna be like Super Skitty

Jo-Jo
4th November 2005, 12:35 AM
What's so bad with Eevee? Or do we just like to complain about everything about BF?
They just like to complain about everything about BF. ;)

I think Eevee is pwecious. <3 And IMO there's a good chance it'll evolve into a new D/P Pokemon. Plus, I LIKE babies. Togepi gets too much unfair press. Misty didn't start to lose her personality until well into Johto, by which point she'd had the Evil Egg for over two seasons. I'm sure May will like having something to coddle.

Pika Hikari KT
4th November 2005, 12:53 AM
I think Eevee is pwecious. <3 And IMO there's a good chance it'll evolve into a new D/P Pokemon. Plus, I LIKE babies. Togepi gets too much unfair press. Misty didn't start to lose her personality until well into Johto, by which point she'd had the Evil Egg for over two seasons. I'm sure May will like having something to cuddle.
Ditto--Eevee are kawaii~!-^_^- But methinks Jesse'll get super-jealous when the little fluffball hatches though(I remember a few times where she has ogled over it; Breeding Center Secret coming to mind)! But just in case, does anyone have a picture of the egg?

Gravy
4th November 2005, 1:00 AM
More like what you think is wrong with Eevee.
More like what I know is wrong with Eevee. Seriously, the attacks it has suck. The only remotely interesting move its got at its disposal is Shadow Ball.

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 1:04 AM
That and Bite but beyond that, a bunch of defensive moves and normal attacks.

Heracross
4th November 2005, 1:17 AM
I think you guys are underestimating the amazing battling ability and impressive range of rare moves that Eievui posesses. A pokémon would be lucky to take a hit from one of its incredibly powerful tackles, and God help you if it releases the feared quick-attack. And just think of its contest potential! It could appeal with sand attack, or even tail whip. :o

A more powerful and useful pokémon would be hard to find.

V Faction
4th November 2005, 1:20 AM
Here MY reasoning for disliking May's supposed Eevee (and therefore the most important!):

- Speculation about a new evolution for D/P. This has got to be the biggest annoyance about new Gens EVER. And the funny thing is it didn't happen (widely) until after GSC! Gah, so all this translated into is just more ammo dammit!

- ANOTHER young Pokemon for May. So what has it been? Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and now Eevee? Do they feel scared to give May an even remotely mature Pokemon? What are they trying to prove with this? And hasn't she gotten enough Pokemon in one span? Why do I ask so many questions?

Heracross
4th November 2005, 1:25 AM
Watch her get it and proceed to win a contest with it like four episodes later.

V Faction
4th November 2005, 1:26 AM
I don't want to watch. You can't make me! *Covers eyes*

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 1:33 AM
After Super Squirtle, I think my respect for Contests would be lower than my respect for Bush.

PDL
4th November 2005, 1:47 AM
After Super Squirtle, I think my respect for Contests would be lower than my respect for Bush.

you had respect for contests?, now THAT's a first :P

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 1:54 AM
The list near there was

Mosquitos
Pokemon Contests
Bush

Lil Brother
4th November 2005, 2:10 AM
Don´t you think that maybe Eevee could be a Pokémon XD advertisiment?You know, I don't even think of that.

*sigh* Why couldn't we just get a thirteen episode spin-off series based on orre or something? Oh, that's right, because it'd have story and be exciting! :O

But I'm not going to hate Eevee... just yet. When it becomes Super Skitty or the Steriod Squirtle, then I'll hate it. But I'll be positive about it for now!

Now, to get the flame-protection ready...

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 3:39 AM
Wait. I'd like to see a picture of this alleged Eevee egg. How do we know it'll hatch into an eevee? For all we know, it could be a Bonsly egg, that Brock will end up getting somehow (he held Misty's Togepi egg until it hatched!). And you're all *****ing all the time because May gets Pokemon similar to Ash. Now she might get an Eevee, something Ash never had, and you're still *****ing! What will please you?

Heracross
4th November 2005, 4:06 AM
We know because that's what Pokéani said...

Hmmm.... if the computer translation of the Pokeani duscussion of the episodes is accurate, two important things are of note in this episode, plotwise.

Pikachu has a new move: ?????? Not sure what it is. It is borutekka or something like that. Volt Tackle maybe?
May got a Pokemon egg. Pokeani is saying it's an egg of an Eevee.

The ending credits also returned to Glory Days

Ethereal
4th November 2005, 4:09 AM
So....May got an Eevee....OMG! They could be setting us up for an unveiling of a new Eevee evolution. :o!

Or not. *shrug*

But, wow. I'm amazed with all the captures/releases/evolutions and such that have been so quickly happening. The writers are really picking up the pace.

The "Glory Day" ending? The hell? o_O

Shigeru-kun
4th November 2005, 4:25 AM
Wow, so Haruka gets an Eevee? Didn't see that coming. *shrugs* Oh well. Eevee may suck at battling, but it's as cute as a button. As long as it keeps Gonbe off the show I'll be a happy camper. :P

MagicBox
4th November 2005, 5:07 AM
1. Pikachu learned Volt Tackle.
Fine with me. Odds are it won't look good at all because I'm betting it will just be Pikachu tackling something when surrounded by yellow light. *Sigh* Boring. Who wants to bet it will become overused as hell (maybe more overused than Iron Tail! :o)?

2. May gets an Eevee.
Besides the fact that it's a terrible battler, I fail to see what's wrong with this. Eevee isn't showcased nearly as much as its' evolutions, so I don't consider it overused at all.

If it does evolve, (I'm not saying I want it to, I'm just rambling) I'd prefer a Vaporeon, which is the most underused of the 5 Eevee evolutions. God forbid we see another Espeon.

Heracross
4th November 2005, 5:11 AM
I'd like to see it become a Blacky myself, but that just isn't her style. :/

RaikousThunder
4th November 2005, 5:29 AM
I think its cool a main character gets an Eevee. I would like to see it evolve into Jolteon just because another Electric pokemon hasnt ever been on the team(for obvious reasons i know). But still id like to see one. She doesnt need a Flareon or Vaporeon since she has those types already. Espeon has been shown way too much i think. Umbreon would be cool to see but it has had lots of screen time. Goin by this it seems either it wont evolve, we will get a new eeveelution, or we get an eeveelution we are tired of.

Whoo Pikachu gets Volt Tackle... Big surprise or not? It probably will be over used. Iron Tail got used like crazy after Pika learned it. But it really cant do anything else but Iron Tail and Thunderbolt. Why is it such a great pokemon again??

Volt Tackle
4th November 2005, 5:54 AM
Pikachu learning Volt Tackle? AWESOME!!!

Addydo
4th November 2005, 9:53 AM
It is very AWESOME that Pikachu learned Volt Tackle! :)
I can't wait to see what hatches from that egg! :D Yes, I know everyone is saying it will hatch into an Eevee, but I'd like to see a picture of the egg, before I jump to any conclusions. :)

Serebii
4th November 2005, 11:26 AM
The Egg looks more like a Zigzagoon egg to me tbh

IMPERIAL DRAGON
4th November 2005, 11:56 AM
Now that would be worth *****ing about ¬_¬

Prepare yourself for something taboo, but I'm actually quite content with May obtaining an Eevee, assuming the whispers are true. Sure the extent of it's battling varity is limited and mundane, however it's a valid pokemon to be added to the ranks, however an Eevee being wasted on May is rather dissapointing in my opinion. And sorry to sound cliche and redundant, but my first instinct prior to reading the comments in this thread beyond the first post was "dude, this is seriously gonna be a blatant and cheap method of advertising a 4th gen evolution of Eevee"... otherwise, an Eevee would be pointless and random (although that happens all the time).

As for Volt Tackle, meh, it was inevitble.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 1:43 PM

Its an Eevee egg. The middle part is supposed to represent its fluffy collar, and the top and bottom parts represent its head and body. Its not a Zigzagoon, as the egg would have more zig-zag patterns covering it, and the color scheme of the egg matches Eevee perfectly. If it were a Zizagoon egg, it would have been a darker shade of brown~

Alfonso
4th November 2005, 1:47 PM
Oh great.

Now let's all watch Harley lose embarrassingly to May's new little baby Eeeve.

Gaiash
4th November 2005, 1:57 PM
unless it said it was an Eevee egg its safe to say it could be another brown Pokemon. You know I think it'll be Bonsly.

Alfonso
4th November 2005, 1:59 PM
unless it said it was an Eevee egg its safe to say it could be another brown Pokemon. You know I think it'll be Bonsly.

Yes, because the description of the egg sounds like a Bonsly, doesn't it.

Gaiash
4th November 2005, 2:02 PM
Yes, because the description of the egg sounds like a Bonsly, doesn't it.
I've seen the egg and it looks more like Bonsly than Eevee.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 2:04 PM
I've seen the egg and it looks more like Bonsly than Eevee.
If it was Bonsly, it would look similar to Bonsly in some way. Big green circles to act as the 'leaves'/orbs, and the yellow dots that cover its body for example. I see neither of those. It doesn't share ANY similarities to Bonsly, so I don't understand how you come to that conclusion.

Gaiash
4th November 2005, 2:06 PM
If it was Bonsly, it would look similar to Bonsly in some way. Big green circles to act as the 'leaves'/orbs, and the yellow dots that cover its body for example. I see neither of those. It doesn't share ANY similarities to Bonsly, so I don't understand how you come to that conclusion.
I see some of Bonslys very coloring plus it looks nothing like Eevee.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 2:21 PM
I see some of Bonslys very coloring plus it looks nothing like Eevee.

OK. I see I'm going to have to patronise you now.
And because I can't be bothered to type out my descriptions and WHY it is an Eevee egg, I see I'm going to have to put this in:

Crappy diagram form! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/Uhhh.jpg)

If you still say that DOESN'T indicate the egg is an Eevee.....well, you're a lost cause.

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th November 2005, 2:26 PM

*coughopeningcough*

ahem.

Glad May got the egg, it'd be recycled stories if Ash got it. Wait, it's probably recycled already.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 2:35 PM
*coughopeningcough*
Yeah, because Bonsly appearing in the opening really means that its going to hatch from an egg....an egg that doesn't even look like Bonsly in any way...oh, and of course, we can't ignore the fact that they can add and subract pokémon from the opening either, meaning they could plonk Eevee in there when it hatches.

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th November 2005, 2:41 PM
Yeah, because Bonsly appearing in the opening really means that its going to hatch from an egg....an egg that doesn't even look like Bonsly in any way...oh, and of course, we can't ignore the fact that they can add and subract pokémon from the opening either, meaning they could plonk Eevee in there when it hatches.

Still, because it's brown, it's so gotta be Bonsly because it's in the opening...

Serebii
4th November 2005, 2:53 PM
Its an Eevee egg. The middle part is supposed to represent its fluffy collar, and the top and bottom parts represent its head and body. Its not a Zigzagoon, as the egg would have more zig-zag patterns covering it, and the color scheme of the egg matches Eevee perfectly. If it were a Zizagoon egg, it would have been a darker shade of brown~
The Spikes of the light brown imply Zigzagoon though

Alfonso
4th November 2005, 3:20 PM

True, but I doubt they'd give May a non-Kanto Pokemon right now, nevermind one that's a rather common Houen Pokemon at this point. Common ones are usually found at the start of a series, ala Wurmple.

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th November 2005, 3:22 PM
Does anyonehave a pcture of the egg? Then we can find out what pokemon is in it.

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 3:34 PM
This is getting ugly. I've yet to see the offending egg so I can't make a call.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 3:38 PM
http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/150/309.jpg http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/150/301.jpg

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th November 2005, 3:41 PM
Looks like Zigzagoon more to me.

Swellow
4th November 2005, 3:48 PM
Hmm i agree with you -Absol-, now this could be interesting if that's right.

Alfonso
4th November 2005, 3:59 PM
Hmm i agree with you -Absol-, now this could be interesting if that's right.

How?

Zigzagoon is just as boring as Eevee, except that Zig doesn't evolve into anything interesting.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 4:02 PM
Yes, but the rest of the egg doesn't, simply because its not the same color. Really, thats how you tell them apart. By looking at the coloration of them.

And besides that, as Alfonso kindly pointed out, they wouldn't bother giving her a non-Kanto pokémon at this point, especially one thats as forgettable as Zigzagoon. And really, Eevee would be more profitable for them to have on the show considering its popularity.

V Faction
4th November 2005, 5:35 PM
Okay, first of all, ANYONE who thought that was a Bonsly egg is one stupid sonnavabeech. As Gravy's lovely diagram shows, Pokemon eggs take similarities from the Pokemon inside and put them into patterns on the shell. To even think that the egg May got, after looking at the pictures, was anything related to Bonsly, one might as well be closing his or her eyes and guessing.

Next, color is an important factor too. That is why, IMOTBOOT (in my opinion, the best opinion out there), this leans heavily toward Eevee while also not ruling out Zigzagoon. The shade of brown on the egg has a closer to relation to an Eevee's coat than Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon would definitely use a darker brown. The zig-zag pattern HOWEVER is a little awkward and I will not rule out the possibility of a Ziggy McShiggy.

Now, if they out right said on the show that it was an Eevee egg, I don't even know why were having the conversation. But if there's still a mystery afoot, I'm going to wait to see what pops out.

EDIT: And to break the flow a bit--

Brock: LOLz look guyz a velpicks how kool
Ash: Didn't you have a Vulpix, Brock?
Brock: i dun no my mindz a littul fuzzah lol
Ash: OH WELLZ! ^_^

4th November 2005, 5:39 PM
I would have thought May would have had Vulpix... but Brock had one...

But an Eevee is a great choice, it's so cute and appeals to both genders!

vaporeon89
4th November 2005, 5:50 PM
I wish that May will get a fantastis Vaporeon! Or a new eeveelution...

And Gravy , I can't see the pictures you post

;134;89

Booncy
4th November 2005, 6:48 PM
Lol! this is such a coincidence because last year around this month I remember I made a post stating that the Advance Generation wouldn't end without someone getting an egg, but everyone kept saying "No, no they won't do that SIMPLY because AG is the anti-Kanto (or Johto)". Well HA !! All I can say is I told ya so!

CyberCubed
4th November 2005, 6:55 PM
As long as nobody holds the egg Pokemon in their arms all day, I'm fine with it.

And since May would look very awkward holding an Eevee in every episode, it's obvious that it'll go in a Pokeball.

4th November 2005, 6:57 PM
http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/150/309.jpg http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/150/301.jpg
that does look like a zigzagoon, zigzagoon is of those two colours and has zigzags, but we will only find out when it hatched won't we?
on

possible guess
Eevee
Zigzagoon

I do think it is a zigzagoon though

And it seems she will just carry the jar with egg in around...

V Faction
4th November 2005, 7:05 PM
Lol! this is such a coincidence because last year around this month I remember I made a post stating that the Advance Generation wouldn't end without someone getting an egg, but everyone kept saying "No, no they won't do that SIMPLY because AG is the anti-Kanto (or Johto)". Well HA !! All I can say is I told ya so!
Really now. That's not how I remember it. Why, I do believe most people were banking on Brock to "Egg Get!" And after Bonsly showed up, that was suggested even more. But as we've witnessed, our little May was the one to luck out.

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 7:08 PM
Can someone get me a picture that works of that blasted egg?

MasterJedi
4th November 2005, 7:53 PM
If it is an Eevee (hopefully) I'm 99% sure it won't be a Vaporeon like a lot of people want it to be. Think about it, May already has Squirtle which is a water pokemon, I seriously doubt the'd give her two.

V Faction
4th November 2005, 8:28 PM
Can someone get me a picture that works of that blasted egg?
Thanks to Bulba News (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Image:AG150_174.jpeg)

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 8:31 PM
Thanks. It's an Eevee egg according to me. A Zigzagoon's would have more stripes. Also, why would they give May a Pokemon she could just catch in the woods?

Pokeballs
4th November 2005, 8:32 PM
Well apart from the egg, I thought Pikachu's Volt Tackle looked kinda cool <_<
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Pokeballs/volttackle.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Pokeballs/volttacklepwns.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Pokeballs/volttacklecoming.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Pokeballs/voltackleowned.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Pokeballs/pikapeace.jpg Ya Pikachu just kinda knew it... well I guess it was pretty PO'd at TR

Torkoal Stu
4th November 2005, 8:36 PM
http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/150/271.jpg

WOMG! Volt Tackle looks cool. I mean its a pretty cool animation for it.

http://www2.filb.de/anime/ag/150/309.jpg

As for that shot of May's egg, it looks more like a Zigzagoon than an Eevee to me. Then again it does look like an Eevee in a way, but i'll stick with Zigzagoon for a while.

Also we can all be thankful May never got a Vulpix.

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 8:57 PM
Alright, after seing May's egg, I have 3 words for all of you.

Zig. Zag. Oon.

PlusleMinun
4th November 2005, 9:00 PM
After looking at May's egg I would say its either a Zigzagoon (which would be pretty stupid) or an Eevee or a 4th gen PKMN (lol)

Serebii
4th November 2005, 9:01 PM
People please refrain from posting pictures in these threads

MasterJedi
4th November 2005, 9:08 PM
That looks very much like an Eevee. The stripes for a Zigzagoon would be darker shade of brown. Although saying this won't change anybodys mind. Those who thing it is a zigzagoon should really ask themselves, why would they give May a Hoenn pokemon when they're in Kanto and showing them off now?

CyberCubed
4th November 2005, 9:12 PM
Didn't Pokeani say it was an Eevee? If so, why are people still debating about it?

Blaziken master
4th November 2005, 9:13 PM
I have seen the pics.

Munchlax beats the living daylights out of vileplume with metronome,Manene does more in the motto and volt tackle looks absolutely awesomme

Serebii
4th November 2005, 9:16 PM
Didn't Pokeani say it was an Eevee? If so, why are people still debating about it?
Pok&#233;Ani's FORUMS are speculating that its either Eevee or Zigzagoon...PokeAni as a site doesnt make any mention to it

JazzJazz
4th November 2005, 9:29 PM
PokéAni's FORUMS are speculating that its either Eevee or Zigzagoon...PokeAni as a site doesnt make any mention to it

Even with the possibility of it being zigzagoon, I'm not particularly excited, out of all of the possible things that could've happened...

Ethereal
4th November 2005, 9:35 PM
That looks very much like an Eevee. The stripes for a Zigzagoon would be darker shade of brown. Although saying this won't change anybodys mind. Those who thing it is a zigzagoon should really ask themselves, why would they give May a Hoenn pokemon when they're in Kanto and showing them off now?
Zigzagoon and Eevee have the EXACT same colors...The shades of brown are the same...Zigzagoon's may be slighly lighter...maybe. And how about you ask that Zigzagoon question to May's Munchlax (found in Hoenn), or James's Manene (found in Kanto)? Point is, you know as much as we do, and you could be wrong, so stop stating your opinion/speculation as fact. ;/

Anyways, I'm undecided. It's either Zigzagoon or Eevee....Or they could showcase a new pre-evo of Zigzagoon. :o! Hey, anything's possible. >_>

Heracross
4th November 2005, 9:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's lame that the eggs look like what they hatch into? It takes all the fun out of guessing what it is. :/

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 9:54 PM
I think it's lame that mammal Pokemon lay eggs. Seriously, they take so much libery related to the games, why not be realistic about this one. *shot*

Despite looking like the Pokemon we're still getting a fight over what the Pokemon is.

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 9:58 PM
C'mon, WHERE on Eevee do you see such a zigzag pattern? On Zigzagoon there are zigzags everywhere. On Eevee, the closest thing is the little ridgy line where the two shades of brown meet on the tail. This is undoubtedly a Zigzagoon egg. In fact, if it doesn't hatch into a Zigzagoon egg, I will change my location to "idiotsville" from the point when I find out what it DOES hatch into until Christmas! That's how sure I am! Look at a Zigzagoon sprite. THen look at the egg. Notice any similarities? Yeah, you do!

Long story short, Zigzagoon has the same colors and pattern as the egg. Eevee has similar colors but no such pattern. It is a Zigzagoon. Hey, it could be worse- it could be another Ash Pokemon!

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 10:00 PM
What do you call Eevee's ruff? That's supposed to be Eevee's ruff.

Munchlax beating a Vileplume with Metronome? Gravy, you have an ally against the slob.

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 10:02 PM
What do you call Eevee's ruff? That's supposed to be Eevee's ruff.

Munchlax beating a Vileplume with Metronome? Gravy, you have an ally against the slob.
I call Eevee's ruff NOT a perfect zigzag, unlike the egg's pattern AND Zigzagoon's bodily markings.

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 10:06 PM
It's a collar of fluff pressed on a smooth, flat surface. Of course it won't have the exact same shape. Zigzagoon has more stripes and it's egg should have an even number of stripes because Zigzagoon has an even number of stripes with dark Brown on top.

Ethereal
4th November 2005, 10:08 PM
Do you really expect a Zigzagoon egg to have a huge number of zigzags on it? The eggs aren't that damn big. Why can't you people just admit that you don't know with 100% certainty what the Pokemon is? How I'd love to see the reactions if it DOES turn out to be a Zigzagoon.

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah. What are the odds of an Eevee's ruff forming a perfect zigzag when pressed down on a smooth surface? Almost zilch. What are the odds of Zigzagoon's body markings forming a perfect zigzag when pressed down on a smooth surface? Perfect. I am 100% convinced that this egg will hatch into a Zigzagoon.

Jynxo, very good point. Of course a small Pokemon egg isn't going to have a lot of stripes on it!

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 10:11 PM
I'm saying it would have four stripes dark brown, light brown, dark brown, light brown from top to bottom.

I would quite frankly look at the screen in a blank stare.

MnM: I don't care about zigzags. Seriously, you've stated your point find something else to say.

Ethereal
4th November 2005, 10:13 PM
Says who? We've never seen a Zigzagoon egg before, so how can you say what one would look like? :confused:

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 10:16 PM
It's a guess considering Zigzagoon's pattern. It's face is dark brown and its tail ends with light brown. I don't know but that's what I think when I think of a Zigzagoon egg. I also picture the stripes being equal in width. We'll see, it's a pathetic Normal type either way. Though Zigzagoon is a waste of time considering the woods are busting at the seems with Zigzagoon.

Ethereal
4th November 2005, 10:18 PM
It's a guess
Exactly. A GUESS, and nothing more. :D

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 10:23 PM
I was also mocking Missingnumber.Master who's climing they know the truth because the egg has a zigzag pattern.

Gravy
4th November 2005, 10:24 PM
Zigzagoon and Eevee have the EXACT same colors...The shades of brown are the same...Zigzagoon's may be slighly lighter...maybe.
They're not ^^; At least since the series went into using computers to color their artwork. Eevee's fur is a really light shade of brown, whilst Zigzagoon's is a deep chocolate brown kinda color.

Of course a small Pokemon egg isn't going to have a lot of stripes on it!
Tell that to Elekid.

Seriously, you people are using that pattern to decide everything, when quite a few pokémon eggs have patterns that don't actually appear on the pokémon's body. Like Smoochum and Cleffa for example.
The idea of a main character recieving a Zigzagoon is ridiculous, and I don't understand for the life of me why people don't seem to get that.
They're promoting KANTO, Eevee is popular, the egg has the SAME FREAKING COLORS AS EEVEE. >_____>

Yet the only logic people seem to be bringing up in favour Zigzagoon is "Oh, it has a zigzag pattern on it"?

ŁańkaŃ
4th November 2005, 10:26 PM
aww...i actually wish it was Vulpix..even though it did be part of crew before...a baby one would be cool..lol...OHE WELL...

but ZIGZAGOON..ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...lol...i hope it isn't...

w/e ever this pkmn is...just don't be some EWW...ones..lol

Ethereal
4th November 2005, 10:28 PM
They're not ^^; At least since the series went into using computers to color their artwork. Eevee's fur is a really light shade of brown, whilst Zigzagoon's is a deep chocolate brown kinda color.
I was actually going by the handheld games, where Zigzagoon's brown is slightly lighter...Unless I'm color blind. @_@

Another thing I'd like to say: Remember the Phanpy egg? That's all I'm gonna say. Eggs can be confusing/misleading.

ghost master
4th November 2005, 10:29 PM
Anyways, I'm undecided. It's either Zigzagoon or Eevee....Or they could showcase a new pre-evo of Zigzagoon. ! Hey, anything's possible. >_> that's possible and knowing the writers current track with may who knows we may end up with like an eevee pre evo or something. I think Eevee would make a good may like pokemon and if it is zigzagoon I would have to wonder what the heck the writers were thinking when they picked the most randomn of randomn pokemon and it being the equivalent to ratata and sentret.

CyberCubed
4th November 2005, 10:29 PM
Ugh, if this is a preview to the "What will May evolve her Eevee into?" debate, count me out.

Now I hope that egg hatches as soon as possible just because people are making a big deal out of the curvy stripe on the egg. :/

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 10:30 PM
I don't know for sure that it'll be a Zigzagoon, but let's face it; What else can it be? *THE FIRST PERSON TO REPLY TO THIS WITH "EEVEE" WILL HAVE THEIR EYES GOUGED OUT WITH RUSTED NAILS!!!*

Cybercubed; Curvy stripe? You're joking, right? it is a clear and plain ZIGZAG. As in ZIGZAGOON.

The Big Al
4th November 2005, 10:33 PM
Eevee.

EDIT: Again, why a Zigzagoon? If the writers wanted the character to have a Zigzagoon, they've had multiple opportunities to catch one in the wild.

Serebii
4th November 2005, 10:41 PM
Can you please take discussion of the egg to here

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2299483#post2299483

The Egg bit is an insignificant part of the episode so its rather pointless to ruin the thread with speculation

Missingno. Master
4th November 2005, 10:45 PM
Yet the only logic people seem to be bringing up in favour Zigzagoon is "Oh, it has a zigzag pattern on it"?

That and the fact that no other Pokemon has such a pattern! Use your common sense! Eevee doesn't have any Zigzag pattern! It has several ridgy lines, so that'd be what would be on an Eevee egg; a ridgy pattern, UNLIKE the perfect Zigzagoon-esque zigzag on May's Zigzagoon egg. If that egg hatches into anything but a Zigagoon, I will post in pink until Dec. 1!

Rudoku
4th November 2005, 11:59 PM
If that egg hatches into anything but a Zigagoon, I will post in pink until Dec. 1!
If you plan on doing that, just don't post at all. Pink is not a good match with the green, or any available, background here.

Lil Brother
5th November 2005, 12:05 AM
I just knew that damned Vulpix would be red with six tails. First the baby Nidoqueen in the Mewtwo special, now this? '_'

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
5th November 2005, 12:10 AM
- ANOTHER young Pokemon for May. So what has it been? Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and now Eevee? Do they feel scared to give May an even remotely mature Pokemon? What are they trying to prove with this? And hasn't she gotten enough Pokemon in one span? Why do I ask so many questions?
Just watch May get the new D/P Item, De-Evolution Spray, and use it on Combusken --;;

On the upside though, this Egg has me interested. Eevee wouldn't really be that bad, IMO, though there are so many more Pokémon that would've been better(Yhalothar Elekid =0). I dunno what'll hatch, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. And if I don't like it, hey, more cannon fodder for the CBComplaints Cannon 8D

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

vaporeon89
5th November 2005, 12:13 AM
Seen the pics.

I liked the new Stun Spore form, it's cool.

And... Why not Vulpix have one tail when it evolved from the egg?

Cool episode in general

;134;89

Swellow
5th November 2005, 12:25 AM
How?

Zigzagoon is just as boring as Eevee, except that Zig doesn't evolve into anything interesting.
Well yes it may be boring but it's evolution did steal the pokeballs IIRC not that it was a big deal.

greatfire
5th November 2005, 1:02 AM
The episode itself is a bit boring.
The plot is the normal one for a filler: COTD appears, introduces him/her/their uniqueness, Ash&Co. gets invited to join him/her/them, TR tries to steal something but they are stopped. End.
Funny parts: Manene does some of the parts of Meowth in the motto and also because of the standard dialogue cues they use to give their motto they almost said it a second time inmediately after the first one. When Gonbe metronomed a Splash it wasn't funny.
The animation is normal, the TR motto was the flaming one, and not many CGI was used. Volt Tackle looked very good.
Talking about Volt Tackle: It looked too powerful (even for a 180 attack). I don't think it is going to be used as much as Iron Tail, mainly because it takes a lot of space to be properly used so it is not something that you can use in a small field like the ones used in gyms.
Sound: Normal music and I didn't recognized any of the guest voice actors.
Points of interest: Gonbe using Focus Punch while moving at a decent speed (for such a heavy pokemon, that is), Pikachu using Volt Tackle and May getting an egg of something.

Flamez
5th November 2005, 1:05 AM
seen the episode. Munchlax as of now has 3 attacks Metronome,Solarbeam,and mega punch if there are more please correct me. Munchlax wasnt bad at all in the battle. Man Pikachu's Volt tackle is crazy hot and the way they showed it was even better, munchlax and vileplume both used solarbeam and it did nothing to TR except for putting a couple of scrathes and yet one volt tackle from pikachu sent them blasting off. Not really surprised since its pikachu and they wanted to showcase that attack as extremely powerful which they did i mean pikachu bursted through that mecha of theirs breaking it in half. Manene was extra adorable in this episode they put manene in the TR motto in a different way this time and their whole motto was damn impressive have to see it to believe it.lol.

was that focus punch or mega punch. I think it was mega punch wasnt it?

The Big Al
5th November 2005, 2:15 AM
Is it just me or deal the egg mech look like a Zaku (or is it Zako) with the one pink eye?

Geodude
5th November 2005, 2:17 AM
was that focus punch or mega punch. I think it was mega punch wasnt it?

Japanese Attack Name Lesson of the Day:

kiai panchi = Focus Punch

So yes, Munchlax now knows Focus Punch.

Beachball
5th November 2005, 2:27 AM
I'm predicting if May gets a Zigzagoon, if the Pokemon acts as dopey as it looks, that she'd have the same relationship with it as Misty did with her Psyduck. I hope May trains it quick to evolve into Linoone because I certainly would!

Hitchin_A_Ride
5th November 2005, 2:34 AM
i say it's a zigzagoon but it could be an eevee..and about the contest ..i love them..in the series and games..besides..i'm a baby-boy..so i like may's babyliccious pokemon ...specially the newly born like squirtle and the newbie that is coming..so..I'm Happy ...really happy with this episode!

~Flareon~
5th November 2005, 3:05 AM
I have seen the breeding center episode. It was cool that Pikachu learn Volt Tackle and blast Team Rocket's mecha off.
In Pokemon Emerald game, Pikachu or Raichu must be attached to a Light Ball so that it will learn Volt Tackle. And also May's Munchlax now knows another new attack Ice Punch. At also last time in the Mt. Moon episode May's Munchlax learns 2 attacks: Metronome & Solarbeam. It was so cool that Munchlax learn 3 new attacks. May gets a Pokemon egg from the girl who also want to become the Pokemon Coordinator just like May. The egg could inside must be a Eevee or Zigzagoon. If it is a Eevee or Zigzagoon inside, i don't know must let Eevee evolve into evolution stones such as Thunder(Jolteon), Water(Vaporeon) & Fire(Flareon) or give Happiness(Day)Espeon & Happiness(Night)Umbreon or give Eevee as itself or give Zigzagoon to evolve into Linoone or give as itself.

TeddiUrsa
5th November 2005, 3:14 AM
to be honest.
I expected nothing big fromthis episode, but at the end I really liked it.

maybe it is because I&#180;m a may fan and like may centered episodes more than ash centered ones.
But this episodes had many good part IMO:

-vileplume tortures munchlax with a few grass attacks and poor fatty misses with its metronome
-munchlax shows its battling power ( finally!)
-a cute girl of the day, I wanna draw her ^_^
-a chinchou egg! I love my little chinchou...
-volt tackle was a welcome suprise and looked very nice
-manene was funny again ( after its medicore mimic gags in the marshtomb episode), I like how it takes meowth&#180;s part in the motto. every animation fitted ^^
AND it had wobbuffet&#180;s eyes while mimicing it. just CUTE!
-I liked the music. I may be wrong , but did I hear a few new tunes?
-Team Rocket&#180;s egg mecha was nice as well. I like the part after munchlax and vileplume blast the ballon away and team rocket hangs still in the basket ^^

I&#180;d wish that the egg-girl would return in an upcoming contest with HER new pokemon to battle against may&#180;s new egg-hatched "dingsda", but knowing the writers..this isn&#180;t likely.

O Fortuna
5th November 2005, 4:46 AM
Ehn... Ash didn't get a Magby egg. I knew he wouldn't but I'm still bitterly disappointed about it. I wanted him with either Magby or Smoochum (because we knew no-one would get Elekid because of Pika) because their evolutions are awesome but alas, none such luck...

JazzJazz
5th November 2005, 5:27 AM
Is it just me or deal the egg mech look like a Zaku (or is it Zako) with the one pink eye?

However it's spelt, I hope to God that the animators weren't using them as a reference... they're damn lame!

Yamato-san
5th November 2005, 3:06 PM

XD I was thinking the exact same when I saw that mech. Anyway, I too wasn't expecting much from this episode. I mean, some of us would be under the impression that Gonbe's punch was just a Metronome, and there was that Volt Tackle speculation when we see Pikachu charging up while using Quick Attack in the preview, but I don't think anyone made much of it. Instead, this episode ended up being pretty friggin good. I owe part of it to Nyaasu walking around in the afforementioned mecha. As far as Rocket Dan's devices go, that egg Zako thing was damn interesting, and to see Rocket Dan still going even when the balloon exploded was a nice twist from the norm. After Gonbe and Rafflesia failed, and I saw Satoshi appear on screen, I momentarily forgot about that Quick Attack from the preview and expected him to command the same old same old "Juuman Boruto". Instead, he shouts "Denkou Sekka", and then..... oh god, Volt Tackle looks so f***ing awesome animated. Seems so powerful, too, leaving me to wonder if that'll finally put Pikachu on the same level as all his heavy-hitters. To top it all off, Rokon makes an appearance. ^^

A couple things did bug me about the episode, though. I mean, Jesus Christ, is Nyaasu greedy. He could've made a pretty stealth getaway, but he just had to snatch that Rokon egg, didn't he (I know, the writers would've had the protagonists notice him somehow, but still)? And yet another inexperienced Pokemon of Haruka's is beating a fully-evolved Pokemon as one of its first opponents.... and Rafflesia fainted because Solar Beam was hitting against one of its petals? WTF? Plus, Gonbe learned another new attack in the process. What's that make now? Three TM/Move Tutor attacks that Gonbe knows? You'd think just Metronome would be enough, wouldn't you? On the plus side of that, though, seeing Metronome get a Splash was assuring that this random attack isn't always going to be cheap. And the victory was against a member of the weed lines, which I'm not extremely fond of anyway.

Geodude
5th November 2005, 4:07 PM
What's that make now? Three TM/Move Tutor attacks that Gonbe knows? You'd think just Metronome would be enough, wouldn't you?
Keep in mind, we still don't know what Gonbe's naturally learned moves are. Metronome, at least, could very well be one of them.

Daisy_Mawile
5th November 2005, 6:43 PM
I at first thought the egg was Bonsly, as I had the idea planted in my head about Bonsly making its debut here. On second glance, I'd say its almost definitely a Zigzagoon... but a Zig' in the party would be kinda hard to imagine, since so many appear in the wild in the anime. It's kinda hard to explain my reasoning on that.

Eevee seems like a lesser possibility, though I'd expect the design on the egg to be different... like dark brown on the bottom and light on the top, or vice-versa.

http://www.sitefights.com/community/fantasy/seveneighteen//eevzig.gif

Sushi
5th November 2005, 6:57 PM
Erm...Continuity error? May and Max said they've never seen a Pokémon egg before, but didn't they in 'A Mudkip Mission'? Er, oh well.

The music was okay, but the only one that really stood out was that awesome piece from the fifth movie they used when Pikachu used Volt Tackle.
Speaking of which, Volt Tackle is just plain cool. I liked the echo effect Pikachu's voice had while using it. Not to mention, the animation looks very neat. I wouldn't mind seeing it often, as long as it's not as much as Thunderbolt O.o

Heh, Munchlax battled and did NOT run around for food (did it?). It's pretty cool as a battling Pokémon, so if that 'comic relief' side vanishes somehow, I won't mind it at all in the future.

Something totally random here, but those chairs the family had bugged me. No one could reach the floor with their feet when they were sitting (not even Brock), but look how short the father's legs are. He'd have to jump off whenever he wants to stand up.

Er, anyway. We might see Shiromi again in the future, as she decided to start traveling at the end of the episode, but I wouldn't care if she didn't. She's not really the type of character that I like.

Manene is officially one of my favorite Pokémon out of the main characters' teams now. It's so cute <3

Although there are several BF fillers that were better in my opinion, this was still a nice episode and definitely worth watching.

Heracross
5th November 2005, 7:18 PM
Erm...Continuity error? May and Max said they've never seen a Pokémon egg before, but didn't they in 'A Mudkip Mission'? Er, oh well.
Are you serious? God, at least with other instances the characters just wouldn't say anything at all. But now they blatantly state that their memories suck. --;

Megchan
5th November 2005, 8:00 PM
Definitely looks more like a Zigzagoon egg, and not an Eevee egg.

Gravy
5th November 2005, 8:51 PM
Definitely looks more like a Zigzagoon egg, and not an Eevee egg.
That discussion is SO 24 hours ago.

Anyways.
'The Breeding Center and the Pokémon Egg!'
...and of course, Brock does what any great breeder would do in a half hour episode like this. Thats right, sit at the sidelines and do pretty much nothing at all.
I don't get it. They're at a BREEDING centre which partakes in RAISING pokémon EGGS....and Brock is just 'there' again? I like Haruka-centered episodes and all, but sheesh.
But otherwise, it was actually a pretty decent episode. When you compare it to the first batch of BF fillers and the more recent 'Marshtomp episode', there's a big difference. There was a lick of humour, some pretty ok plot developments going on and a bunch of impressive looking attacks to go along with it all.

That battle with Munchlax was going pretty swell until it stopped getting the crap kicked out of it and KO'd Vileplume by brushing its petals with Solarbeam. Bah, shame. It would have been a lot more entertaining to have seen it suffer from some more status effecting moves. Y'know...like poisoning.

Volt Tackle, being the flashy pseudo quick attack that it is, doesn't really look half bad. And the way it was animated as you saw Pika launching itself like a living missle and ripping through the Rocket mecha like paper looked incredibly cool. Though considering that a pretty decent team of animators handled this particular episode, I'm not expecting it to look this good in future episodes. I do hope this doesn't end up being a one-off.

Manene = Feckin' adorable. That thing gets cuter with each episode it appears in. It imitated the other characters a lot more than usual, and its appearence in the motto was thumbs-up material.

Megchan
5th November 2005, 9:21 PM
That discussion is SO 24 hours ago.

Well excuse me, for not wanting to waste my time looking through the whole damn thread, to see what everyone has already talked about!

Factory Head Noland
5th November 2005, 10:02 PM
Just watched the episode.

The egg looks like the colour of an Eevee but the design of a Zigzagoon. I think an Eevee is more likely but they are so limited with what they can do...
I hope it evolves quite quickly as I cannot see us being amused with an Eevee for too long.
Bring on the D/P Eeveelution!

Volt Tackle just looks cool, I love the speed that Pikachu went at when it used it. And the blurry outline looked great. It must be one powerful attack to be able to break through Team Rocket's robot like that.
I hope it's used but not overused (like Pikachu's Iron Tail <3)

I thought this was a much better episode than I thought it would've been. A cameo for Vulpix was a good thing, we haven't seen it for a while.

Vileplume VS Munchlax was actually a great battle, it was good to see Munchlax let rip (and actually see it battle! o.o), double Solarbeam = awesome.

I love seeing Pokemon Eggs and identifying the Pokemon they're gonna be, 'tis fun.

JazzJazz
5th November 2005, 10:12 PM
I love seeing Pokemon Eggs and identifying the Pokemon they're gonna be, 'tis fun.

They do look good in the anime, it'd be great if they made an effort to have them look like this in the games.

Gigusei
6th November 2005, 3:56 AM
Nobody mentioned the fact that Haruka is holding an egg infront of her chest yet... Think Eevee is going to have pillows unlike togepi?

Addydo
6th November 2005, 4:37 AM
Nobody mentioned the fact that Haruka is holding an egg infront of her chest yet... Think Eevee is going to have pillows unlike togepi?

LOL! That's a good one! :D ;munchlax;

V Faction
6th November 2005, 5:29 AM
Wow. I believe you deserve a cookie for pointing that out before the rest of us.

Fastest hatched egg ever?

Torchic23
6th November 2005, 5:33 AM
I thought the egg looked like a Zigzagoon egg

skarmachild
6th November 2005, 6:00 PM
I thought the egg looked like a Zigzagoon egg

Good, good for you.

I hope she doesn't keep it held there through the whole series, for more than one reason. The next 100 episodes would start with May rubbing/looking at her Egg.

Off Topic: Does anyone like Manene?

Flamez
6th November 2005, 6:22 PM
Hells yeah i like manene.lol. That thing is so damn adorable and cute. If you havent seen this episode then u should really go ahead and watch it. Manene had an extra role in the TR motto and the way it imitated them was just amazing. Manene is getting better with every episode in my opinion.

RandomCharizard
6th November 2005, 7:05 PM
Saw this episode,did anyone else notice TR did the same motto as the Dojo episode? Except Manene did the star thingy? <-- Said in other thread but it got closed.

vaporeon89
6th November 2005, 8:04 PM
I have two questions:

1. What attack did Vileplume use against Munchlax after Petal Dance?

2. What Pokemon is in the egg that is pink/red and only yellow at the top

;134;89

Gravy
6th November 2005, 8:25 PM
Saw this episode,did anyone else notice TR did the same motto as the Dojo episode
They've used that same one quite a few times now. The animators seem to be getting really lazy with the motto stuff as they're re-using a lot of scenes.
I don't believe that did that sort of thing much, if at all, before they changed the format at the end of Houen. Its not a big deal or anything because it doesn't look half bad, but still....

1. What attack did Vileplume use against Munchlax after Petal Dance?
2. What Pokemon is in the egg that is pink/red and only yellow at the to
Stun Spore.
Skitty seems to be the most likely choice.

V Faction
6th November 2005, 8:36 PM
I'm starting to wonder if May will even keep the egg. What if it's a Zigazagoon whose's missing its momma? What if it's an Eevee with a free spirit?!? OH NOEZ.

A Gravy, your sig (as usual) is priceless.

vaporeon89
6th November 2005, 8:37 PM
Stun Spore.
Skitty seems to be the most likely choice.

I know that it used Stun Spore , but before it in the pics I saw a ligh around Munchlax, What was it?

;134;89

V Faction
6th November 2005, 9:04 PM
The light was nothing more than Munchlax executing its Metronome attack.

vaporeon89
6th November 2005, 9:51 PM
The light was nothing more than Munchlax executing its Metronome attack.
Thanks for the information!

Looks like munchlax will be a great battler

;134;89

Jikkle
6th November 2005, 9:55 PM
The Volt Tackle looked really cool. At least Pikachu has a new way to send TR blasting off again :\ I wonder if the writers are going to make it Pikachu's ultimate move. I hope it doesn't get super over used like iron tail is.

I'm really surpised that May got the egg to be honest. Ash has gone a long time without a pokemon evolution or catch so I figured the next pokemon would've gone to him. It seems the writers are content with giving May all the young and experinced pokemon and giving Ash the pokemon that are already strong. Which makes me think and it's probably unlikely but maybe the writers will give Ash a dragonair seeing as the Anime has always made dragon something pretty powerful and uncommon amoung trainers.

Jikkle
6th November 2005, 9:58 PM
What the pictures don't really show clearly is that Metronome causes Munchlax to do splash :p

Team Rocket Admin
7th November 2005, 12:43 AM
Someone give the "breeder" Brock an egg for once. I doubt Eevee has a new evolution in D/P because it would've been revealed to us by now as new evos etc of old Pokemon are usually released earlier, and with other new evos.

Gigusei
7th November 2005, 4:20 AM
Wow. I believe you deserve a cookie for pointing that out before the rest of us.

Fastest hatched egg ever?
Rather suprised myself when I saw I thought of it before Cybercubed. Chocolate chip BTW?

Lovely May
7th November 2005, 7:17 AM
Someone give the "breeder" Brock an egg for once. I doubt Eevee has a new evolution in D/P because it would've been revealed to us by now as new evos etc of old Pokemon are usually released earlier, and with other new evos.
Hehehe, Brock would like to be a breeder but he has never got any egg.
I feel little disappointed. May got an egg and now she will have a next baby pokemon. I don't know what it will be (Eevee? Really?) but I would like to see her with some evolutions. Anyway, she her babies win contests, so we don't have to worry :p

Squirtle_007
7th November 2005, 6:09 PM
Saw the episode and I took the following notes:

* It was good to see Vileplume fighting, in almost 10 years of series the grass-type Pok&#233;mon was only in the background and only used Stun Spore
* Munchlax vs. Vileplume was a very funny fight, I hope to see Munchlax in a contest soon, maybe against Manene
* Manene is very cute and funny Pok&#233;mon with a lot of potential to be a great comic relief
* I was hoping Haruka&#180;s egg could be a Teddiursa, but after seeing an egg with a crescent moon, I just hope that Haruka get a useful Pok&#233;mon
* I kinda liked that Haruka got the egg, but this episode showed once more the fact that Takeshi&#180;s only purpose in the series is to be a maid

JazzJazz
7th November 2005, 7:21 PM
this episode showed once more the fact that Takeshi´s only purpose in the series is to be a maid

Brock is continually a disappointment. This episode really could've been a chance for him to have a bit of characters development, especially since he aims to become a pokemon breeder.

7th November 2005, 9:43 PM
this episode was good, Manene is realy cute!
Gonbe finally pwned!
this was a real Haruka episode..... the egg is either an eevee or a zigzagoon at the moment...

9/10

RedJirachi
8th November 2005, 8:09 AM
Serebii,no-one has decided what the egg is.It's up to the makers of the anime.You should send ideas,and the best idea will be the Pokemon that is in the egg.It is gonna be a brown Pokemon,so here is a list of all brown pokemon that could be in the egg:
;016;;115;?;273; ;244; {not likely};347; ;343; ;084; ;220; ;105;?;127; ;263; ;290;?;234; ;377; {not likley};133; ;140; ;bonsly; ;161; ;324; ?;287; ,Geodude and,umm,darn I forgot!Or it may be a D/P Pokemon.I hope it's a bonsly.

Lovely May
8th November 2005, 8:16 AM
* Manene is very cute and funny Pokémon with a lot of potential to be a great comic relief

this episode was good, Manene is realy cute!

Hehehe, I must be original because I see Manene as annoying, evil thing XD
It "talks" too much and wanna be like James. Chimecho was 100x sweeter, like a sugar^^

Pinky the Mew
9th November 2005, 4:46 PM
You know what I find really interesting? The pokedex said that Vulpix had one WHITE Tail at birth then splits as it gets older. What A load of - errrr! I am just frustrated that these people are not specific to the game sometimes. Just like Mewtwo Returns and the Nidoqueen babies! Or the fact that the Baby Vulpix in this episode isn't even small and tiny. Naturally it would be that way but.....this is just my opinion studying animals all my life!

I Also think that the Poke-egg ZigZagoon! It has a Zig-Zag Line and think may needs more 3rd generation pokemon. She lives in Hoeen why not a nice...hmmmm Trapinch! Or Swablu.

crazymonkyfoul321
11th November 2005, 5:01 PM
i think may will get a pidgey ;016; or like a zigzagoon ;263; maybe even a stantler ;234;

phoenix12
11th November 2005, 5:38 PM
I realize this is kinda far-fetched, but there's a slight possibility that the egg results in a Togepi-like situation....say, the egg does turn out to be Bonsly, but upon birth it sees Brock before May...so although Brock did not receive the egg, he ends up taking care of the baby Pokemon....or maybe this is just wishful thinkin :-P

Addydo
17th November 2005, 10:27 AM
You know what I find really interesting? The pokedex said that Vulpix had one WHITE Tail at birth then splits as it gets older. What A load of - errrr! I am just frustrated that these people are not specific to the game sometimes. Just like Mewtwo Returns and the Nidoqueen babies! Or the fact that the Baby Vulpix in this episode isn't even small and tiny. Naturally it would be that way but.....this is just my opinion studying animals all my life!

I Also think that the Poke-egg ZigZagoon! It has a Zig-Zag Line and think may needs more 3rd generation pokemon. She lives in Hoeen why not a nice...hmmmm Trapinch! Or Swablu.

The Anime PokeDex or the Video Game PokeDex!?

♥Princess Ketchum♥
17th November 2005, 10:29 AM
i wonder what the pokemon is gonna be?? a Zigzagoon

SuperShadow
18th November 2005, 1:59 AM
I think it is going to be a evee considering there is no black eye marking on it.;263; It is true that it most likeky is going to be a Togepi situation. Seeing how that was (in my opionin) a good and funny episode they might just bring it back. Know look at evee's sprite and decide for your self ;136;. I suggest look very closley at there eyes.

Addydo
18th November 2005, 6:46 AM
I think it is going to be a evee considering there is no black eye marking on it.;263; It is true that it most likeky is going to be a Togepi situation. Seeing how that was (in my opionin) a good and funny episode they might just bring it back. Know look at evee's sprite and decide for your self ;136; . I suggest look very closley at there eyes.

Change your sprite to Eevee; you have the Flareon sprite instead of the Eevee sprite. :(
Anyways, I agree, May's egg has to be an Eevee. WHEN WILL THAT DARN EGG HATCH! :)

SuperShadow
19th November 2005, 1:20 AM
That's a question in need of answering.

Edit: The question that needs is when will the egg hatch.

Manene!
19th November 2005, 7:08 PM
If it's an Eevee, I wonder if their setting us up for a Lilian/Espeon .vs. May/Umbreon contest? But, Knowing the writers it won't evolve.

CyberCubed
19th November 2005, 7:24 PM
Knowing the writers it might evolve. AG has had plenty of evolutions on the main characters teams. Also the egg might hatch in the Elekid episode coming up.

vaporeon89
11th April 2006, 2:16 PM
I have a (stupid) question:
Does the Vulpix hatched from the egg belong now to the girl?

;134;89

Dreamcoat
11th April 2006, 3:33 PM
Probably not.

Why should it?

TeddiUrsa
11th April 2006, 10:05 PM
I still hope we see the egg-hatching girl again in a contest....she was adoreable...the chances of her being in the next generation ( if there will be contests) are quiet slim, but maybe she´ll be at the GF? she won´t be in a kanto contest anyway...meh..thinking about it...the chances of her returing are VERY slim...*sigh*

WaterDragon trainer
23rd September 2006, 6:03 PM
Just saw this in the US. This episode was awesome. Poor Munchlax getting owned in the battle. Awesome to see Munchlax learn Focus Punch. I must admit. TR’s plan was actually one of their better ones. It was amazing to see Pikachu learn Volt Tackle.

S.Suikun
23rd September 2006, 7:09 PM
Blah, I slept through this episode, which is a shame considering how it's one of 3 BF episodes I have never before seen. Anyone care to tell me what Shiromi's dub name was? (I predicted something like Shary or Shareena)

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd September 2006, 7:10 PM
It was Nicolette.

Pika Hikari KT
23rd September 2006, 7:23 PM
I slept through the episodes today as well, but I got to catch this one anyway.

-I liked the music that played when Pikachu learned Volt Tackle. I'm pretty sure 'Battle Frontier' played during this moment in the original, but it doesn't seem to be dub music I've heard before.

-Speaking of which...VOLT TACKLE~! 'Bout time!:D

-Vulpix cameo! Rokon is a kawaii lil' bugger and you all know it, nya!:p

-"You'll be seeing a pain, but I can't say where because kids watch this show!" Don't you just love fourth wall breakage?:D

S.Suikun
23rd September 2006, 7:23 PM
Okay, thanks Kojiro. PUSA seems to be going against 4Kids' tradition of keeping the dub names similar to their original names (though I suppose it could pay off when we get to Saori, as 4Kids would probably have named her the oh-so-bland Sarah)

I actually did catch the final minute of the episode, and did Meowth just break the 4th wall? (Something about not saying where he'd be feeling pain because it's a kid show) The last time I remember the 4th wall being broken was Movie 3. 0_o

Torkoal Stu
23rd September 2006, 7:26 PM
o0

PUSA broke the fourth wall?

Wow just like 4Kids have done in the past and did recently in Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

=/ I guess there's somethings we can't escape from, even with new dubbers.

Pika Hikari KT
23rd September 2006, 7:34 PM
I actually did catch the final minute of the episode, and did Meowth just break the 4th wall? (Something about not saying where he'd be feeling pain because it's a kid show) The last time I remember the 4th wall being broken was Movie 3. 0_o
He certainly did break the fourth wall--I mentioned it a few seconds before you did, nya.XD This is one thing I'm glad I'm not used to.

Cobalt_Latios
23rd September 2006, 8:06 PM
Took a while but someone finally uploaded this ep on Youtube. Wow, quite a few things happen in this episdoe. Ash, Brock, May and Max sound very good now. Also, Pikachu using Volt Tackle was so cool. If anyone didnt know, that music was from Pokemon Heroes. Though i forget exactly where it was used. Way, way too many egg jokes in this ep. Also, they claim they've never seen pokemon eggs before. WTF, have they completely forgotten the episode A Mudkip Mission? A very nice BF episode. Seems PUSA has been doing quite a few changes.

Also, it seems that KidsWB no longer airs Pokemon. YTV does and im quite thankful for that. Also, for those that missed the episiode, head over to YouTube. That's where ive been watching all the BF episodes to date.

~C_L~

chosen_one386
23rd September 2006, 8:32 PM
I had to go to the library this morning for Mom to tutor some kids, but I taped this and the other episode. Anyway...

Finally, Pikachu learns Volt Tackle. Like many others, I was like, WTF when I saw it use Volt Tackle in the Mirage Pokemon special in April. This attack won't be used much probably. But I like it.

Now, May gets a Pokemon egg...

Eevee still hasn't evolved and probably never will since May is leaving the show. But, who knows?

And the quote of the episode is:

"I've got a pain, but I can't tell you where it is cuz kids watch this show!" Meowth.

XD!

Pika Hikari KT
23rd September 2006, 8:58 PM
If anyone didnt know, that music was from Pokemon Heroes. Though i forget exactly where it was used.
Well, that explains why I haven't heard it--I have not watched the whole Lati movie. Arigato for the info.:)

Gilbertman
23rd September 2006, 10:55 PM
yeah pretty good epi and fyi the music from the lati movie was used when the latis are flying toward the giant wall of water at the end..........

Thriller
23rd September 2006, 11:07 PM
Well it finally happened. May gets her infamous (yes, infamous) egg in this episode. I'm sure you spoiler avoiding people are wondering what is in it? I'll tell you what it isn't despite what certain (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=360) people were so certain it was. It isnt Bonsly.

Reece
23rd September 2006, 11:15 PM
Wow, I really like Volt Tackle. This was a pretty good episode.

CyberCubed
24th September 2006, 1:32 AM
Well it finally happened. May gets her infamous (yes, infamous) egg in this episode. I'm sure you spoiler avoiding people are wondering what is in it? I'll tell you what it isn't despite what certain (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=360) people were so certain it was. It isnt Bonsly.

Haha, the fact that people tried to insist it was a Zigzagoon was hilarious.

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th September 2006, 1:34 AM
o0

Wow just like 4Kids have done in the past and did recently in Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

I think the Japanese one has done that as well.

When did the GX one happen?

Oh, and that egg was SO a Drowzee!

Medea
24th September 2006, 2:08 AM
EGG-ceptional! EGG-citing! EGG-tastic!

Jesus "Tap Dancing" Christ the EGG puns got on my last friggin' nerve. Well for the most part this episode was okay. *starting to get used to the new dub* But beyond that, it's great to hear some more of that damn egg. It seems like only yesterday, the whole forums were fighting over what May's egg was going to be.

Idiot 1: IT'S EEVEE!
Idiot 2: IT'S ZIGZAGOON!
Idiot 3: IT HAS TO BE BONSLY!

Ah, memories! But let me think for a second...May gets Munchlax in ep. 394 and it doesn't battle until now?...427? A little long perhaps? But that's just me!

noobers
24th September 2006, 3:10 AM
Pikachu learns Volt Tackle? I missed the last 10 minutes or so.

Once again, Pikachu is as uber as ever.

Besides that, pretty good episode.

~Aquatic;381;

Torkoal Stu
24th September 2006, 7:42 AM
I think the Japanese one has done that as well.

When did the GX one happen?
Episode 53, in their narriation "Jaden" was all "I'm talking to my fans blah blah blah" (as in he new it was a TV show as in breaking the fourth wall by $Kids :O), the original episode of that made no direct implication of the viewers and Sho was just saying its a new year and whatever.

Lol yeah the egg was funny, and one person who made a bet it was Zigzagoon then took a trip to idiotsville, with pink text and a Cleffa avatar.

*cough*

Kuroshi
24th September 2006, 2:36 PM
I very much enjoyed this episode. Nicolette's battle with May was very amusing. Team Rocket's Egg-Zaku was one of their cooler mecha.
So for for a re-used plot, this was a pretty fun semi-filler.

cassius335
24th September 2006, 2:53 PM
EGG-ceptional! EGG-citing! EGG-tastic!

Jesus "Tap Dancing" Christ the EGG puns got on my last friggin' nerve.

Oh, I don't know. I loved Meowth's "We're ready to Egg-Roll". Guess not all of those Eggs would have made it to the Boss...

Interesting that Nicolette got the background usually reserved for Brock when he sees a pretty girl. Think we'll see her again if May does get those specials?

CyberCubed
25th September 2006, 5:18 AM
The writers forget old characters, so maybe not.

PikamasterADV
25th September 2006, 5:49 AM
I very much enjoyed this episode. Nicolette's battle with May was very amusing. Team Rocket's Egg-Zaku was one of their cooler mecha.
So for for a re-used plot, this was a pretty fun semi-filler.

I knew someone else would point that out!

wobbanut
26th September 2006, 2:48 AM
This episode was pretty good, though not a favorite of the season so far. I liked how Nicolette didn't realize she was thinking out loud, the little vulpix, and Mime Jr. substituting for Meowth during the motto. I didn't like Nicolette as much, but her parents were pretty great. The best line of the episode definitely had to be Meowth saying that Jessie and James are a pain, but he won't say where because kids are watching. :D LOL At least the show's dub writing has gotten sharper. The voices do keep getting better as well. Although Meowth is still the worst of the bunch, at least he's getting in a few good lines that make me LOL.

Overall, 7/10.

Nyami
26th September 2006, 6:54 AM
Haven't heard the voices since that horrible Mirage special. Gotta say that the voices are much better. I liked May's "Mirage" voice, even though it made her sound older, but I like her new one as well. I still DESPISE Ash's new VA. He sounds like Richie now. Meowth's voice now is accent-less. I suppose they got rid of it because he had a Brookyln accent when he grew up in Hollywood? IDK. I liked his accent and he's another character they should have left alone. Although, when he was running around in that Egg-mecha and stealing the eggs, I thought the tone of his voice and his new VA made him sound eviler. Jesse's VA I like. James' new voice isn't that great but I get I'll warm up to it. Brock's VA I like. Max's VA isn't very different if you ask me.
I only saw like...the second half of the ep. Kinda blah, IMO. Yay for the egg hatching into Vulpix! I luff Vulpix.

jolteonjak
26th September 2006, 7:48 PM
The only reason I watched this episode was to watch Pikachu learn Volt Tackle. I just can't enjoy these episodes fully anymore.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
8th October 2006, 12:26 AM
"May's Egg-selent Adventure", Summed Up in Five Minutes:

Ash: Yay! I got a new ba -cough- SYMBOL and it's COOL! I can't WAIT to get another one!
May: LIKE OHMYGOSH! -stops and stares- A FARM! THAT'S THE COOLEST THING EVER!!
Voltorb: -thundershock-
Nicollette: You trespassed! Shame on you!
May: -gasp- I was... TRESPASSING!? NOOOO!!!
Nicollette: Wait, I saw you on TV! You ROCK!
May: Really? COOL!

-next scene, they're in the house, and Nicollette is nowhere to be seen-

Nicollette's Mom: I want Nicollette to be a Pokemon Coordinator, but she's too shy!
Ash, May, Max, and Brock: Nicollette? Gee, I wonder who THAT could be!
Nicollette's Dad: Oh. Yeah. I. Forgot. Our. Daughter's. Name. Is. Nicollette.
Ash, May, Max, and Brock: Really? I never would have GUESSED that was who you were talking about!
May: What kind of farm do you have?
Nicollette's Mom: We have an EGG FARM.
May and Max: You have an EGG FARM!!???
Nicollette's Mom: Yes. We raise eggs! One's about to hatch.
May and Max: An egg? HATCHING!? Lyke, OHMYGOSH! That's SO KEWL!!!!
Nicollette's Dad: Do. You. Want. To. See. It.
May and Max: You mean, we get to look at EGGS!? Real, live EGGS!?
Nicollete's Mom: Sure.
May and Max: Wow, this is like, the most exciting thing EVER!!!

--

Nicollette: I wanna battle you!
May: OK! Then I can pressure you into becoming a Coordinator!
Nicollette: Then I'll battle your... Munchlax!
May: What? Munchlax!? I can't battle with Munchlax! WHAT DO I DO!!!!?
Nicollette: Ha ha, I've got her now!
May: -kicks Nicollette's butt-

--

Nicollette: Wow, I found a giant egg!
Nicollette's Dad: A. Giant. Egg. Cool. I. Wonder. How. It. Got. Here.
Giant Egg: -steals eggs-
Nicollette's Dad: Oh. No. Come. Quickly. Kids.
Kids: WHAT!?
Nicollette's Dad: The. Giant. Egg. Stole. Our. Other. Eggs.
Kids: OH NO! How could that BE!?
Team Rocket: It's really US, stupids!
Kids: Oh no! Who would've guessed!?
Team Rocket: We're Team Rocket blah blah blah!
Nicollette's Parents: Who are they?
Team Rocket: Twerpette, tell them who we are!
May: What? What do you mean!? TELL THEM WHO YOU ARE!!? How can I!? Stop looking at me that way!! I just... can't... handle the pressure! -faints-
Ash: They're the BAD GUYS!!
Nicollete's Dad: Nah. They. Couldn't. Be. I've. Seen. Plenty. Of. Bad. Guys. And. They. Didn't. Look. Like. Them.
Team Rocket: We stole your eggs!
Nicollette's Mom: Oh! I guess they ARE the bad guys after all!

-after a long battle in which Pikachu learns Volt Tackle, everyone is staring at an egg-

Egg: -hatches-
Everyone: A VULPIX!
May: That's the awsome-est Vulpix EVER!!
Brock: And we just saw it HATCH!
Viewers: ...duh.
Nicollette: Take this egg!
May: An EGG!? For ME!?? You'll be a great Coordinator, by the way.
Nicollette: Really? You think so?
May: Sure!
Nicollette: Well, if someone on TV thinks so, it must be true! You're right! I'm going to be a Coordinator!
Everyone: YAY!!!

And our heroes walk off into the sunset.

---

Meh... that episode needed spoofing. xP Not that I have anything against it... I'm sure the show will get better as PUSA and the new VA's get used to things...

And BTW...

You give me a pain but I can't tell ya where 'cause kids are watchin' this show!

Wowz... there hasn't been a line like that on Pokemon since the unedited version of "What Kind of Pokemon Are You?"

Knight_Ram
8th October 2006, 7:12 AM
The scene were Ash's Pikachu used volttackle was pretty neat. I like it with all the sound when it powered down after owning Team Rocket! Pretty neat too! And the Battle scene with vileplume and Munchlax was good! The focus punch was funny IMO I liked the episode.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
15th October 2006, 3:44 PM
Once again, a sound episode from the good Battle Frontier series. Why was May given another egg to keep, when she saved one that just hatched in front of her? It would have made sense to give her the Vulpix (which Brock made no comment about his old one!), although she then would have had two fire types, so...make of it what you will.

Amaranth
10th February 2007, 6:06 PM
Volt Tackle And Focus Punch Naturally WTF I Could Let One Slide Any One Notice How Aipoms In Nearlly Every Episode >_< ( An Egg )

~ James

flyboy1308
10th February 2007, 7:16 PM
Volt Tackle will be used in every single Pikabattle until it isn't special anymore.
Then they will give it a new attack that everyone thinks is awesome until it gets old from over-showcasement.
It just go's on and on my friends.
Some poeple, starting watching it,
not knowing what it was,
And now they keep on watching it forever just because of bland writers.

Eevee should be an interesting addition to May's team IMHO. Eeveelutions here we come.

Knight_Ram
11th February 2007, 5:04 AM
The Volt Tackle and Munchlax battle were the only good things in this episode.

Pacman
23rd February 2007, 5:59 AM
Ineteresting Epiosde.

Asarath365
12th May 2007, 8:10 PM
The girl said go butterfree and she sent out a vilbloom

Asarath365
12th May 2007, 8:10 PM
The girl said go butterfree and she sent out a vilbloom

Kuroshi
14th May 2007, 5:21 PM
She didn't.
If you listen carefully, you will hear that she does indeed say Vileplume.

Crasher
16th July 2007, 4:26 PM
I thought this episode was boring. I mean, how could they not notice the huge egg? Only a snorlax could fit in that!!!

Turtle4Sale
21st August 2007, 10:41 AM
I haven't seen a Pokemon episode in 4 years, I haven't even played the games in a long time too. But I saw this episode and I couldn't help but notice that Ash's and Brock's voice were waaaay different. Even Team Rocket sounded a little weird when they said "We're blasting off again." What happened to the old voice actors? Why did they leave? I know the answer is kind of simple, but couldn't they find any better voices? I didn't recognize Meowth! And whoa I didn't know Battle Frontier was the 9th season. o.o

Turtle4Sale
21st August 2007, 10:42 AM
I thought this episode was boring. I mean, how could they not notice the huge egg? Only a snorlax could fit in that!!!

I agree with that.

pipersgirl™
21st August 2007, 2:35 PM
This episode was just plain stupid......

Kuroshi
21st August 2007, 3:37 PM
Egg obtaining episodes are never the greatest plot-wise. At least this one had Munchlax learning a new move.

Anything is better than episodes like Whichever way the wind blows.

Xtra
8th November 2008, 11:39 PM
TR would have gotten away scot free if they didn't try for the Vulpix egg

Torpoleon
8th November 2008, 11:42 PM
I liked this episode because May got an egg and Pikachu learned Volt tackle!At first Brock said what the than at the end he said that was Volt tackle.

Tadashi
9th November 2008, 1:10 AM
That COTD bugged the hell outta me... at least she made amends with May.

I liked seeing all those cool egg patterns. The Teddiursa egg is too cute!

Did anyone else think Meowth was superbly animated inside that egg mecha? He looked positively bad-*ss ^_^ Volt Tackle also looked fantastic! Though we all know it's little more than Quick Attack on batteries :P

Ah well, still a fair episode.

Rommath
11th January 2009, 2:06 PM
Liked seeing all the eggs. Meowth in the egg-mecha was epic, and the Volt Tackle was impressive, despite the fact it just seems like a more powerful Quick Attack. The girl irritated me though. Alright episode.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 11:44 AM
Good episode. I loved the cat fight lol. Cool how Pikachu learned Volt Tackle and May got an egg. I love waiting for eggs to hatch.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 4:11 PM
I think it was nice that may got an egg, she definetley deserved it.

It was a bit of a shock to see Pikachu learn Volt Tackle though.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:07 PM
hm, this egg episode wasn't the best one but there were some things in it that are useful for the later episodes.

cg_25
29th May 2009, 6:49 PM
Loved it when meowth said "your giving me a pain, and I can't say where cause kids watch this show"

I love lines like this, like back in season one, there was a similar line by meowth, when he said something about filling a half-hour.

Littlemyuu
10th June 2009, 2:44 PM
Nice episode, and great that May got an egg...i thought she might get a Zigzagoon ^^

CyberCubed
7th November 2009, 7:19 AM
Good episode. Almost forgot this was the episode Pikachu learned Volt Tackle.

May also gets Eevee's egg here. The battle between Munchlax and Vileplume was fun to watch. I liked how the writers really tried to connect the contest story to other episodes, such as the girl Nickolette admiring May and wanting to be a coordinator.

danparker
20th November 2009, 4:34 AM
I've seen this episode 3 years ago. I liked Nicolette as well. Also, I like the fist time Pikachu used Volt Tackle for the first time. I liked that new attack.

Lorde
10th December 2009, 7:29 PM
It seemed to be really Filler-ish.

I only liked that Pokemon Eggs were shown and that Munchlax battled Vileplume. Munchlax finally did something useful.

Other than that, TR's egg-shaped robot was a turnoff. 4/10

Ash-kid
14th December 2009, 4:17 PM
Munchlax VS Vileplume was great battle for May.

And Pikachu learning Volt Tackle was fantastic.

Armaldo48
1st January 2010, 7:27 PM
I like the episode, but I am only a bit surprised that they actually took that egg-mecha inside.

7.5/10

Swampert_trainer
14th February 2010, 5:31 AM
Ash said that this was the first time May and Max saw Pokemon eggs. Did he forget about the episode with all the Mudkip eggs?

Anyway, Pikachu learns a new attack: Over-used electric dash...I mean Volt Tackle. And May gets an Eevee egg. Not a bad episode.

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 2:52 PM
Pikachu finally learned the strongest electric type move.... and it was awesome

Painkiller2001
30th January 2011, 4:43 AM
Awesome that Pikachu fianlly learns the powerful Volt Tackle!
Is this the move that Piakchu has been trying to learn over the course of a cew episodes?
Or am I thinking of a different move?

G50
26th April 2011, 3:23 AM
This episode was ok. It was cool to see Pikachu finally learning its Signature Move - Volt Tackle. I'm really glad May finally received an egg. The way Pikachu learned Volt Tackle was very cool, it did a Quick Attack, and while running it turned into Electrically charged Quick Attack and then eventually the full Volt Tackle attack. The battle between Munchlax and Vileplume was very cool. Munchlax's Focus Punch attack is cool as well.

39/100

Vernikova
5th September 2012, 9:26 PM
May gets and egg and the chance to show off her skills while Pikachu learns Volt Tackle. Not a terrible episode overall.

Dawn+Serena Fan
27th June 2013, 7:47 PM
This was a great episode, probably one of my favorites in this series. Pikachu learning volt tackle was epic and I loved how much focus May got in this episode, as well as getting an Eevee egg to raise.

p96822
27th June 2013, 7:50 PM
This is my favorite episode because of Volt Tackle.

PokemontrainerY
6th August 2013, 9:33 AM
This is one of my favorite Battle frontier episodes. It's nice of May when she was helping Nicolette to become Coordinator, The battle between Vileplume and Munchlax was good too, Munchlax got to do something after a long time.
Pikachu finally learning Volt Tackle was awsome, I liked how he sent Team Rocket flying by using that move.
May getting an Eevee egg was good as well.

Painkiller2001
14th November 2014, 5:09 AM
I didn't think Pikachu would learn Volt Tackle so soon.

My favorite line:
"You're givin' me pain somewhere I can't say 'cause kids watch this show!"

Hilarious! :)

Lorde
30th November 2014, 2:46 AM
May being shocked by those Voltorb that were guarding the nursery made me laugh. Poor her. I would've been impressed by Team Rocket's nursery infiltration plan had Ash and friends not been so gullible as to believe that the giant egg with an R mark was a real Pokemon egg. Anyway, Pikachu learning Volt Tackle here was a surprise.