PDA

View Full Version : Best MayShip

Kagome Higurashi
6th November 2005, 7:08 PM
I've always wanted to know which MayShipping is the most popular and least popular, so I made a poll.

So, what are your favorite MayShippings and why? What are your least favorite and why?

Shadow Ichigo
6th November 2005, 7:12 PM
My favorites are:
Advanceshipping
Hoennshipping
Minamoshipping
Contestshipping

Devilrose
6th November 2005, 7:14 PM
I've always wanted to know which MayShipping is the most popular and least popular, so I made a poll.

Just so you know, the favorite shippings thread has four of the most popular May ships. This thread isn't really necessary for that...

Advanceshipping - 112
Hoennshipping - 95
Contestshipping - 98
Shoppingshipping - 20

Those numbers are from the poll in that thread.

cold_katanagirl
6th November 2005, 7:17 PM
Advance, Contest, Hoenn, overall Advance.

... And Kelly. <_<

All this is going to be is a "Advanceshipping is winning, oh wait Contestshipping, oh wait Advanceshipping pulled ahead, oh snap Contestshipping again" thing.

Swifty
6th November 2005, 7:27 PM
This is a poll concerning the best May ship right?

...So, wouldn't it be fitting for people to only select one candidate for their best ship since the word best connotates that people would have a single shipping in their mind that is superior to the rest? Shouldn't we limit voters so that they can only select one choice?

I mean, when doing a poll for Gallup, you wouldn't ask people "Who do you think is best suited for president? Kerry, Bush, or Nader? You can choose more than one."

It would give you very screwed up demographics in that case.

Tropical Spirit
6th November 2005, 7:30 PM
Minamoshipping ftw.
...Advanceshipping makes me cry. :<

CyberCubed
6th November 2005, 7:34 PM
Advanceshipping and Minamoshipping are the only two I can really tolerate.

The latter because May/Kelly is HOT and make the best yuri pair in all of Pokemon.

I don't even know who Brendan is so I can't decide if I like him with May or not.

Misty/May is another good one, they're probably the second best yuri pair right behind May/Kelly. At least Misty and May can show each other their feminine charms.

Anikin
6th November 2005, 7:34 PM
Advanceshipping. I love that shipping sooo much. They look so perfect to gether (Haruka and Satoshi).

hikari_blaze
6th November 2005, 7:36 PM
My fav is Hoennshipping and Advanceshipping

Chelc
6th November 2005, 7:37 PM
Ash - Probably the best choice right now IMO.
Drew - Love Rival Shippings, so cute. ;3
Ruby/Brendan - It's cute, and I see it in the games.
Kelly - Lol, it's grown on me. XD
Some Other Guy - It can happen...

Power Shot
6th November 2005, 7:39 PM
Probably AdvanceShipping, but that's all the experience I have on Shipping.

Why is it we have discussions about May with other girls when no one really uses the shipping idea for a fic? CyberCubed, that could be your next great project, I'd like to see some more fics by you that aren't just Ash and May. Broaden your genres, or something like that.

Satoshi
6th November 2005, 7:55 PM
I don't even know who Brendan is so I can't decide if I like him with May or not.
He's the main male character you play as in R/S/E.

IMO, the best Haruka-shippings in Pokemon are Hoennshipping and Minamoshipping, but out of that, I got to say Hoennshipping. The hints are so cute in the games. :/

Sushi
6th November 2005, 8:00 PM
May/Sid owns.
Look how much that guy adored her, that was absolutely cutely...er, cute. Unfortunately, she wasn't interested in him; it's good that they seemed to get along at the very end of the movie though. Yay.

Uh, and Ash/May. They get along, they're a good team, they're funny (together or not)...blah blah blah...I just like it for some reason.

So my favorites are
AdvanceShipping
DedicateShipping
CookieShipping

Although, I also like HoennShipping game-wise ;D

Lovely May
6th November 2005, 8:06 PM
I like

Contestshipping, because Drew has a crush on May only he doesn't wanna tell her about his secret feeling. May likes him too, only maybe not so much yet.
May x Kelly shipping, sorry I don't remember the name ^^'I like it because I have seen cool fa arts of them =P

taitofan
6th November 2005, 8:23 PM
Minamoshipping wins for sexy overallness.

Cookieshipping wins for cute onesidedness. <3

I like her with some of the other choices too (Kasumi, Masato, Shuu...), but I voted for Kanata and other guy (for Harley if you didn't get what I said earlier).

*is happy she's not the only one to mention cookieshipping*

Jo-Jo
6th November 2005, 8:32 PM
I voted Drew, Misty and other for that girl from the egg episode.

Rex Kamex
6th November 2005, 9:28 PM
What is cookieshipping, anyway?

For me, by the way, I like AdvanceShipping the best. Ash and May are co-stars of the show, and I just think that in general they'd make a cute couple. Unfortunately, at their rate, it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.

fanderichie
6th November 2005, 9:40 PM
cookieshipping is MayXHarley

As for me, I say MayXKelly

Red-Kun
6th November 2005, 9:49 PM
Meh

Advancedshipping
Hoennshipping (Franticshipping too =P)

Yumi Yuko
6th November 2005, 9:49 PM
The only May ships I support Hoennshipping and Contestshipping.

dragonmaster5000
6th November 2005, 10:12 PM
So, what are your favorite MayShippings and why? What are your least favorite and why?

My favorite is Advanceshipping, by far.

Tenten
6th November 2005, 10:29 PM
I support:
MayxDrew- Because the love/hate thing between them is intruiging
MayxKelly- The ONLY yuri I like... >.>;;
MayxBrendan- They were both meant to be in the games.
MayxHarley- Onsideded and cute

Favorites:
The first three on the list. It's a tie between Contestshipping and Hoennshipping, though.

Burnt Flower
7th November 2005, 1:23 AM
Man, there are way too few May x Brock and May x Misty shippers. ;-;

...Though May x Kelly is also quite appealing. ;)

articuno_trumps_all
7th November 2005, 3:27 AM
I don't really have many strong feelings about May, but I like:

-May x Max
-May x Liza
-May x Kelly

I kind of like Tate x Liza x Max x May, but not that much.

I've fallen out of love with my self-named 3M'sShipping.

DarkWobbuffet
7th November 2005, 8:22 AM
I think it's pretty clear whom I support in my sig. :D

I like Houenshipping too, but only in the games.

Sapphire Ocean Princess
7th November 2005, 8:28 AM
Hoennshipping - I've always loved it. BRENDAN WILL APPEAR!!! *ahem* sorry.

Contestshipping - Kinda grew on me a little.

Sika
7th November 2005, 5:42 PM
I like advanceshipping and hoennshipping (anime and games different dimensions). Reasons? a lot.

PokeProphet
7th November 2005, 6:01 PM
The best Mayship? And you can pick more then one? :confused:

No, no, not whining. My fault. Should have read it first.
Anyway, favorite is May/DragonMaster13. Apart from that, I'm starting to like Hoennshipping, since their fans are not like "OMG He Looked At May THE HiNTZZZZ!!!11!!". And I love the fact that May/Kelly is keeping up with the het ships, although I'll probably turn Imageshipping if my friend Arti turns out to be right, and Ash runs of with Richie. Because if the writers are gonna break my heart, they better make up for it with some sweet young Misty/May loving.

Devilrose
7th November 2005, 6:05 PM
I voted for advanceshipping and minamoshipping...and somehow forgot about petalburgshipping. I have a special reason for liking petalburgshipping :D Be prepared for the nerdiest post ever >.>

WARNING! The following spoiler-tagged-writing contains scenes of MATH! Reader discretion is advised.

I started liking this ship in physics class, because physics seemed to support it. What do I mean? Well...first, we'll start with this equation.

Fnet = Fnetx + Fnety

That is, the net forces acting on an ibject are equal to the net forces acting on the object horizontally, or in the x-coordinate, and vertically, or the y-coordinate. Also...

Fnet = ma

M being the mass and a being the acceleration. So if we take this into our previous equation we get...

Fnet = max + may = Petalburgshipping!

...Sadly thats about the only thing I remember from that physics class XD

I still like advanceshipping and minamoshipping more, of course, but still...I can't deny such a coincidence XD

articuno_trumps_all
7th November 2005, 6:38 PM
And I love the fact that May/Kelly is keeping up with the het ships, although I'll probably turn Imageshipping if my friend Arti turns out to be right, and Ash runs of with Richie. Because if the writers are gonna break my heart, they better make up for it with some sweet young Misty/May loving.
XDXD I think that is going to be strong possibility.

Encyclopika
9th November 2005, 1:49 AM
I say Contestshipping, Hoennshipping, some other girl, or some other guy, and Kelly. All are kawaii, hot, and kink-ilicious XD

Kiseki
9th November 2005, 1:52 AM
Brendan x May (Hoennshipping)- I just like seeing them together! ^_^
Drew x May (Contestshipping)- Well... ever since Drew tossed May roses... I kind liked them together... ^_^;

Scourge
9th November 2005, 2:44 AM
I have to say AshxMay. I just cant see it any other way. I even dream it will turn out this way on an episode one day. Other than that I don't have any other favorite shipping. Well if there is a shipping between Magma Admin Tabitha and Aqua Admin Shelly I would kinda like that.

Umi Mizuno
12th November 2005, 5:57 AM
Hoennshipping

Contestshipping

The best ^

Raichu
8th December 2005, 1:56 AM
I like Marishipping [May x Richie], actually... There's so few of us out there! So, um, reasons? Well I kind of like how their personalities are different. Richie's the kind of guy you'd picture as shy, while May's probably the exact opposite...

Asides from that, I like Hoennshipping...

Uchiha Sakura
8th December 2005, 2:33 AM
I like to pair May with Ash or Kelly. xP

Advanceshipping: To me this pairing is so kawaii. ^^ Ash and May have almost everything in common...and plus, I can't really picture her with any other guys. xD

Minamoshipping: Putting two cute anime girls together in a pairing is just too awesome. xP Plus, they would be really sweet together. :3

TPMX
8th December 2005, 2:37 AM
I like to pair May with Ash or Kelly. xP

Advanceshipping: To me this pairing is so kawaii. ^^ Ash and May have almost everything in common...and plus, I can't really picture her with any other guys. xD

Minamoshipping: Putting two cute anime girls together in a pairing is just too awesome. xP Plus, they would be really sweet together. :3

Yeah, that's basically my post.

~Mist~
8th December 2005, 3:37 AM
Contestshipping: I just adore this ship! <3 Who can't love roses? XD

Imagineshipping: That's right, RiptideDragon X May! XD

clown_buggy
8th December 2005, 3:59 AM
I voted for Kelly, Misty, and other girl for Jesse.

Shinndo
8th December 2005, 4:23 AM
It warms my heart to see so many Hoennshippers! I bet some are Franticshippers too! Yay for Brendan and Ruby!

Hoennshipping and Contestshipping are both so cute... (Ugh... cute... that word... mouth... feeling tainted... @_@)

~Shinndo

AdvancedK9
3rd January 2006, 7:57 PM
im the biggest advance shipper ash and may are the #1 couple misty can just take a hike;201-a;s ;201-h; ;201-n; ' m;201-a;y forever their the best couple all shippers switch to advanceshipping

Phantom_Bugsy
3rd January 2006, 8:00 PM
Iffn' you talk like that you'll get no respect.

Ever.

lyk omg it is n0t cuzz ahs luvs richee an may luv kely!!!!!!!!!111 so tere!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^___^ ^_____^

Yeah. I like May x Kelly best of those.

intergalactic platypus
3rd January 2006, 8:11 PM
And people say advanceshippers are layed back? *sticks in sig*. When I see that humanity has amounted to that, I weep tears of blood. Seriously. Anyway, I don't like May overmuch, but
Contestshipping
Imageshipping
Miamanoshipping
If I must pair May

Orion-Sama
3rd January 2006, 8:24 PM
Minamoshipping. :)

Yuri will always own above everything. :D

Roses Ablaze
3rd January 2006, 9:33 PM
I voted for Kelly/May? I don't remember that o.o

Well, I find it an amusing ship, anyway.

CyberCubed
11th January 2006, 8:11 PM
Wow, Brendan is in the lead (39), followed by Ash (38), then Drew (34).

If Hoennshipping is really this popular now, I shudder to think what would happen if Brendan actually met May in the show.

Nice to see Ash holding up nearly in the lead and Kelly being the 4th most popular person to pair May up with. :D Yay for Kelly. :x

elementalmightyena
11th January 2006, 11:38 PM
my favorite May ship would defenatly be Advanceshipping

Kanta-chan
12th January 2006, 2:55 AM
Hoennshipping. Been one (hoennshipper) for a little over a year. Yay.

That May/Kelly shipping is reeeaally making me twitch. *yuri-supporter* =S

If Hoennshipping is really this popular now, I shudder to think what would happen if Brendan actually met May in the show.
Hoennshippers will flip out and party. It's our life time dream. =O

DBoyWheeler
13th January 2006, 3:23 AM
Some other guy. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, there was a man with Misty (the game doesn't say... but the sprite sure as hell didn't look like Ash!).

Power Shot
13th January 2006, 3:33 AM
AdvanceShipping seems the most logical in the basic ideas, considering that Brendon was never in the show and that Drew is her rival, not her lover. Still, I am also partial to Kelly, but that may be a side effect from reading too much yuri.

Hakajin
13th January 2006, 4:00 AM
I like Contestshipping. It seems the most likely to me, for the show anyway. At first I just liked it because I didn't like Advanceshipping, but I still like it even though I'm not worried about that anymore. It's just the kind of pairing I like, I guess. It's not very important to me though.

Magus
13th January 2006, 4:04 AM
Who cares if Drew is her rival? Their rivalry isn't a matter of personal animosity. People can be rivals and still be friends, and Drew & May are.

Hakajin
13th January 2006, 4:36 AM
Yeah, plus, you know arguing can be a good sign, right? And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Pokeshipper. I don't like it when May argues with Ash. I also don't like it when anyone in a ship I like argues with someone else. I think there was insinuation of something between Drew and May, but I don't see him coming back into the picture anytime soon, so either way, Advanceshippers needn't try to disprove Contestshipping.

cold_katanagirl
13th January 2006, 4:54 AM
I just read an odd fic with her and Tracey. It was... sort of cute. I guess.

... I'll probably start hating Tracey x May tomorrow. =/

Hakajin
13th January 2006, 5:02 AM
You still like Advanceshipping, right CKG?

cold_katanagirl
13th January 2006, 11:23 PM
You still like Advanceshipping, right CKG?Yup.

And what do you know, I was right about disliking Tracey x May. =/

CyberCubed
13th January 2006, 11:40 PM
Who wouldn't dislike Tracey/May? That just sounds disturbing. :/

MasterJedi
13th January 2006, 11:48 PM
Advanceshipping

intergalactic platypus
13th January 2006, 11:49 PM
Cyber, theres someone to like and dislike every ship so I garuntee theres a Tracey/May supporter out there somewhere

Valkyrie X
14th January 2006, 12:23 AM
Contestshipping, the end.

I like Hoennshipping too, but only in the games. ;/

;381;SD;380;

Satoshi
14th January 2006, 12:28 AM
Some other guy. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, there was a man with Misty (the game doesn't say... but the sprite sure as hell didn't look like Ash!).
The games has nothing to do with the friggin anime. ;-/

To be blunt, Brendan. Long after I played R/S, they seemed so compatible. Game-wise, that is.

Magus
14th January 2006, 6:33 AM
Who wouldn't dislike Tracey/May? That just sounds disturbing. :/
The word I was thinking of was random. Though at least they've actually met (barely) so it's not as random as some ships.

Raziel
14th January 2006, 6:53 AM
Ehh, to answer the poll:

Ash, Misty or Sakura. End ;\

Xylitol
14th January 2006, 5:12 PM
Hoennshipping pwns all. *votes Brendan*

MayRules
14th January 2006, 6:20 PM
I voted for:

Advanceshipping:
Ash and May are so alike and they make a cute couple.

Minamoshipping:
Two cute anime girls in the same pairing, nuff said.