PDA

View Full Version : COTD Debate - November 7, 2005: Big Bang Shot vs Wicked-Breaking Flamberge - Baou

~RaikouRider243~
7th November 2005, 10:16 PM
BIG BANG SHOT
[Magic/Equip]

The monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 400 points and gains Trample. When this card is removed from the field, the equipped monster is removed from play.

Sets: Magician's Force (Rare MFC-086), Dark Revelation 1 (Rare DR1-EN141)

2/10 traditional, 7/10 advanced.

WICKED-BREAKING FLAMBERGE - BAOU
[Magic/Equip]

Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to activate this card. The moster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 500 points. The effect of a monster destroyed as a result of battle by the equipped monster is negated.

Sets: Dark Crisis (Rare DCR-035), Dark Revelation 1 (Common), Warriors Triumph (SD5-EN027)

I am seeing more and more aggro decks tech these cards, especially warrior decks. BBS is much better than Fairy Meteor Crush, which just makes the equipped monster trample. This thing gives a 400 point boost, enough to let Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke kill Cyber Dragon, and it makes scapegoats meaningless. It also makes that Spirit Reaper a big burden for your opponent rather than a wall.

However, there is a big risk attached. That risk is Dust. With people running 2 or even 3 Dusts, it makes your monster vulnerable to magic/trap removal. I still say it's worth teching in any aggro deck, especially since most non-Beast aggro has trouble finding monsters that trample. Beasts have Enraged Battle Ox to give almost every monster in the deck trample.

Flamberge gives your monster a Dark Ruler Ha Des-like effect, and warrior decks tend to have trouble with effect monsters that wipe the board. The big problem with this card is that a discard is required at activation. Warriors cannot afford to discard cards from the hand because with 3 captains, it already runs the hand thin. That is the nature of the deck.

So...Big Bang Shot, or Flamberge?

Debate.

Right now I play a pretty standard warrior deck (I tech Mystic Swordsman Lv4because I don't have D.D. Assailant), and I'm maindecking one Big Bang Shot and sideboarding another. I also sidedeck 2 Wicked-Breaking Flamberge - Baou.

The Requiem
8th November 2005, 4:03 AM
Depends on the deck.

Warrior has things like The Warrior returning alive and Exiled Force (hint) to get rid of effecters, and Pheonix blade + Bazoo + RFTDD to nail the field wipers and make em sorry.

They also have things to nail goats and reapers, so Big Bang SHot is in the same boat.

You cant compare these two, they have different purposes.

Like Big Bang SHot + Trunade = removal.
+Asura Priest = gg scapegoat boy.
+Gearfreed (naked boy) = lol.

Flamberge +Dark World = special summon/draw/something bad is gonna happen to you
+Baou = uh oh...
+Maha Vailo = whee!

So yano.

Phaedra
8th November 2005, 9:53 PM
Flamberge works the same way the Creator works for Dark World monsters.

It doesn't.

The Requiem
8th November 2005, 11:52 PM
Well I havent tested it yet. Cybernetic Magician seems to be doing well, though, so why wouldnt flamberge?

Creator is garbage.