PDA

View Full Version : SPPf Wiccan Alliance

2bcelebi320
9th November 2005, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the SPPf Wiccan Alliance!

This club was approved by PsiUmbreon. Thanks a bunch!

This is where we can discuss the Wiccan religion, the beliefs, the spells, and the holidays associated with Wicca. Also, you don't have to be Wiccan to join. If you have a friend that is, you are most graciously welcome here.

These are the rules. Read them CAREFULLY!

1. No bashing, of ANY kind. This includes other religions. If you break this rule, you will be banned faster than you can for forgiveness from the Lord and Lady.
2. No flaming. Religions apply to this as well.
3. Don't ask to be co-owner. This REALLY bugs me. I will award co-ownership to those who I deem trustworthy.
4. The Serebii Forum rules apply here.
5. If you want to know anything about the Wiccan religion, don't be afraid to ask me or one of the two co-owners. If we don't know it, we'll look it up.
6. No SPAM! I will report you to a mod if you do!

Members:
2bcelebi320 (owner)
sultana (co-owner)
Fingal
Dark
blackfoxnick565
articuno_trumps_all
Dimitri
everybodys-fool
The Original Celebi
Kiruria
Clockworkz

Starting Topic: Where did you hear about Wicca, and how much do you know?

RENOVATION ALERT! We need to spruce up this club. Basically speaking, we need a banner, a clickable button, and a picture of the Pentagram, to go on both sides of the title. I am assigning this task to you guys, because I can't do it all in an hour time limit (my limit on school days...)

SaltyChi
10th November 2005, 7:55 PM
Hey Celebi. I'm am so glad that this finally got started! I have been waiting for this since we have been talking about it. Didn't you say I was going to be co-owner? I know what the rules say, but I am only asking cause I 'm not sure.

2bcelebi320
10th November 2005, 11:48 PM
I'd rather not discuss it here...

SaltyChi
11th November 2005, 5:55 PM
OK. Well...what do you want to talk about?

2bcelebi320
12th November 2005, 2:17 PM
Well, there is the topic... or we could try to recruit some people.

SaltyChi
12th November 2005, 3:02 PM
Sounds good to me. Who do you want to recruit?

2bcelebi320
12th November 2005, 3:45 PM
Fat Man David and Catgirl Sarisa, but when you tell her, don't mention my name...

SaltyChi
12th November 2005, 4:04 PM
Ok. Well, how am I going to mention it? I don't want her to stop being my friend just because of my religion.

12th November 2005, 4:11 PM
*coughicanreadeverythingyoupostcough*

Well, why not? I would like to know more about this religion anyway.

SaltyChi
12th November 2005, 5:33 PM
Thank the Lord and Lady (that's who we worship by the way) Well see, alot of people have told us we were going to go to hell because of our religion. There are some bad Wiccans but there are also Witches like us, the good ones. We don't worship the Christian Devil. We believe that to give evil a name is to give it power. That is why I thought you would not be my friend any more because of the bad name that the info about bad Wiccans give us.

2bcelebi320
12th November 2005, 5:42 PM
That was the point Sarisa!

SaltyChi
12th November 2005, 6:48 PM
Yeah it was. Well like I said before there are good and bad Wiccans. Celebi and I are the good kind. We have the 5 basic elements: Water, Earth, Air, Fire, and Spirit. We believe in reincarnation, and the Lord and Lady. The Lady made the World and wanted a companion to help make the living things of the world so she created the Lord, who is half man and half beast. There are many different types off spells. We don't try to control free will and we don't dis other religions. That's not all, but it's the basics.

2bcelebi320
12th November 2005, 7:20 PM
Hear hear! The different types of spells are love, health, beauty, money, and psychic, just to name a few.

SaltyChi
12th November 2005, 7:40 PM
Let's talk about what you've either read or heard about the religion of Wicca.

Fingal
12th November 2005, 9:20 PM
A Wiccan club, eh? Cool. I myself am not a Wiccan, but I am a pagan (my belief system would fit in best with Odinism, Ásatrú, or any another Germanic/Norse neopagan religion). I am, however, extremely interested in Celtic neopaganism (such as Wicca). Besides, one of my friends is a Wiccan, so yeah. Mind if I join up as well?

Dark
12th November 2005, 9:49 PM
Ooh! How awesome! A Wiccan Alliance ^^! Nice idea!

BTW, *cough* Link is mine, Celebi XD *cough*.

blackfoxnick565
14th November 2005, 3:13 AM
Finally others to talk about Wiccan... And anyone mind if I join the club?

articuno_trumps_all
14th November 2005, 3:55 AM
Hello all. I'll join ^_^.

You see, I used to live in Kansas and I came from a very conservative Christian family. When I was younger, I discovered I was bisexual, so they sent me away to this ‘religious camp’ where they ‘help’ people with that sort of thing. There girl who was around 16 and she was Wiccan. She was really nice to be and told me about Wicca. Later, after I got emancipated and moved away from home, I decided to read more about Wicca. It turns out is the religion for me. I became a solitary eclectic Wiccan. I really like the books by Scott Cunningham and Ann Moura. Rae Beth also has a really interesting book.

Dimitri
14th November 2005, 4:10 AM
Do you mind if I join? I'm not Wiccan but I think I want to become one. I just know the Wiccan Reed and some other stuff. ^^ So I guess I already answered the topic. lol

articuno_trumps_all
14th November 2005, 7:27 AM
I just know the Wiccan Reed and some other stuff.l
Hey Dimitri! I hate to be THAT guy, but it is Rede. Typos aren't a big deal. ^^ You know I've made my share. XDXD

Fingal
14th November 2005, 9:16 AM

About three years ago, I was taking a yearbook class in high school. The guy sitting next to me was a hardcore neopagan, and was always talking about his upbringing as a druid: casting magick, transforming into animals, etc. While I can't say I believe him, I was inspired to look up more information on druidry (something i'd been meaning to do for a while, but never got around to). One of the religions discussed when talking about druidry was Wicca. I was interested, and I looked up more information on the subject. So that's basically how I first heard about it.

And i'd say I know quite a bit about the basics of Wicca, as i've been researching it (among other religious topics) ever since. I still can't remember all eight of the holidays off the top of my head, though. :P

SaltyChi
14th November 2005, 7:54 PM
Welcome to the Alliance everyone. I am glad you decided to join our little club. I, myself, got into the religion about a year or two ago.

Dimitri
14th November 2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Dimitri! I hate to be THAT guy, but it is Rede. Typos aren't a big deal. ^^ You know I've made my share. XDXD

Yeah I meant Rede. lol Well so yeah. And yes you do make a lot of typos. XPXP

2bcelebi320
14th November 2005, 11:24 PM
I also welcome everyone to the Wiccan Alliance. I heard about the Wiccan religion from Sultana (thanks very much, my spiritual sister! >>). I also can't name all of the holidays off the top of my head, but I do remember that one is either on, or very close to, Halloween.

articuno_trumps_all
15th November 2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah I meant Rede. lol Well so yeah. And yes you do make a lot of typos. XPXP
XDXD, yeah.

Here’s a new topic.

Do you guys belong to any specific tradition?

I like to pick and choose from various traditions and I like to practice and worship alone, so logically, I’m a solitary eclectic Wiccan. Mostly, I take aspects of the Celtic and Strega traditions.

SaltyChi
15th November 2005, 9:26 PM
Really? That's interesting. Well, I don't know about that. Like I said, I am only just starting out. I am still studying more on that, actually. How long have you been in Wicca, articuno trumps all?

2bcelebi320
16th November 2005, 12:43 AM
I am just starting out as well. Sultana and I do extensive research on this subject. We even performed a Seeker Ceremony, if you don't mind me saying that, Sultana...

articuno_trumps_all
16th November 2005, 2:19 AM
Really? That's interesting. Well, I don't know about that. Like I said, I am only just starting out. I am still studying more on that, actually. How long have you been in Wicca, articuno trumps all?
I have been officially Wiccan for about 2.5 years, though I have been reading/learning about it for about 4. I still have lots to learn, as does everyone. XD

2bcelebi320
16th November 2005, 11:53 PM
I definitely still have a lot to learn. If only I could find the right teacher... ^_~

Oh, before I forget, I've decided on my first co-owner. And the winner is... Sultana. The reason that I chose her is because I trust her with my life, and have known her for just as long. But, don't worry, there still is the second co-ownership up for grabs.

articuno_trumps_all
17th November 2005, 12:14 AM
But, don't worry, there still is the second co-ownership up for grabs.
I'm not really interested in co-owning any club, so you can take me out of the running and make the decision easier on yourself. ^^

SaltyChi
17th November 2005, 9:26 PM
Thank you Celebi!

2bcelebi320
19th November 2005, 2:38 AM
You're welcome, Sultana. Oh, and articuno_trumps_all, I'll gladly take you out of the running for the other co-ownership, just to respect your wishes.

articuno_trumps_all
19th November 2005, 2:40 AM
Wow about a new topic. What's your favorite Sabbat?

It is kind of hard to choose because each one is so much fun, but I've got to go with Beltane. The flowers are all blooming, so it is a great time for crafts and such. I always like to make altar decorations out of wild flowers that I arrange in fossilized clam shells. I guess you have to see them to get the idea. XDXD.

2bcelebi320
23rd November 2005, 1:32 AM
Here is the list of the Sabbats, in case you don't remember them: Imbolgc, Ostara, Beltaine, Summer Solstice, Lammas, Mabon, Samhain, and Yule.

My favorite Sabbat would be Samhain, because it starts on Halloween, and is known as the Witch's New Year.

articuno_trumps_all
23rd November 2005, 4:16 AM
Here is the list of the Sabbats, in case you don't remember them: Imbolgc, Ostara, Beltaine, Summer Solstice, Lammas, Mabon, Samhain, and Yule.
There are different spellings/names. I go by Yule, Imbolc, Ostara, Beltane, Midsummer, Lammas, Mabon, and Samhain.

My favorite Sabbat would be Samhain, because it starts on Halloween, and is known as the Witch's New Year.
Samhain is one of my favorites too. Though, I would say Halloween starts on Samhain. ^_~

SaltyChi
23rd November 2005, 7:55 PM
I agree. My favorites are Samhain and Beltaine.

2bcelebi320
29th November 2005, 11:47 PM
We seriously need a new topic. I refuse to let this club die.

SaltyChi
2nd December 2005, 7:55 PM
Yes, we do.

articuno_trumps_all
3rd December 2005, 1:39 AM
Then think of a topic. I did the last one.

SaltyChi
5th December 2005, 5:52 PM
Ummm...How about What is your favorite spell?

2bcelebi320
5th December 2005, 7:56 PM
My favorite spell is the one to get ungrounded. I seriously need it right about now...

SaltyChi
7th December 2005, 7:55 PM
I haven't figured out what my favorite one is, but I will soon.

2bcelebi320
11th December 2005, 4:28 PM
I could try to take guesses on what it could be, couldn't I, Sultana?

SaltyChi
12th December 2005, 5:52 PM
I don't know, seriously, I really don't. I do use the Little Bo Beep spell alot.

2bcelebi320
13th December 2005, 7:54 PM
Hmm... When are you going to get the Unground Me spell to me, Sultana?

SaltyChi
13th December 2005, 7:55 PM
I don't know. I'll bring it tomorrow.

everybodys-fool
18th December 2005, 5:53 PM
*shuffles feet*..hello..er..can i join ? =]

2bcelebi320
24th December 2005, 4:21 AM
Sure, you can join, everybodys-fool. Welcome to the SPPf Wiccan Alliance!

everybodys-fool
24th December 2005, 8:05 PM
Thanks muchly =-D

2bcelebi320
24th December 2005, 8:07 PM
So, how much do you know about Wicca, everybodys-fool?

everybodys-fool
24th December 2005, 8:15 PM
Well, i've always been intrested in it , but its only been over the past few months that i've decided to take it up.. but i wouldn't call myself wiccan , as i'm still learning .

2bcelebi320
24th December 2005, 9:57 PM
I would call myself Wiccan, as far as religion goes, but other than that, I'm also still learning.

SaltyChi
10th January 2006, 7:56 PM
Ditto, Celebi. Welcome everybodys-fool.

The Original Celebi
13th January 2006, 4:37 AM
Can I join I first heard about thanks to the Elements and
My favorite spell is
Any spell that fufills my wishes

SaltyChi
16th January 2006, 4:02 AM
Sure you can. Welcome.

2bcelebi320
16th January 2006, 11:45 PM
Welcome, The Original Celebi. I've already put you in the members list.

SaltyChi
19th January 2006, 1:42 AM
We need a new topic, Celebi. Help me think of one.

2bcelebi320
19th January 2006, 10:54 PM
Actually, to be honest, my brain has went blank. I have a lot on my mind right now. Someone else can come up with a topic, or you can come up with one on your own

SaltyChi
20th January 2006, 3:15 AM
That's mean. *looks indignant* Let's talk about how you learned about Wicca.

2bcelebi320
20th January 2006, 10:48 PM
Well, I learned about Wicca from you, remember, Sultana?

SaltyChi
21st January 2006, 10:39 PM
Yes, I remember. Let's not start spamming because I don't want this to be closed.

Kiruria
22nd January 2006, 5:30 AM
Wow, just today I was thinking about witchcraft... and now this! How perfect! I would like to join!

Well, I'd say I'm not completely Wiccan, but that does make up most of my religion. I know much of the main ideas of it, but not too much of the details (such as specific spells and such). In fact, I tend to make a lot of things up--besides, I go with the saying that "intent is more important than content".

I first heard about Wicca from my mom--she used to practice it too. I remember the days when I was in 5th grade and we did rituals together and everything... I miss those days--we don't do it anymore, and rather I do everything by myself. I'm also currently reading a book about it--a book that was recommended to me by a ghost, quite strangely... I was mainly drawn towards it because I love anything that deals with the supernatural. I also loved its connecton to nature and the elements.

I have two favorite spells I like to use. One was one I only had to use once, but it was a variation of a psychic shielding spell. I modified it to be like a flower that would close its petals should any negative thoughts be about, to release those through its stem, and to open the petals to let in the divine sunlight. Anyways, the other one I like to use is a protection spell. This one I almost completely invented--I just quickly cast a circle around something to protect it from theft and such. It works every time! The only times when something valuable is stolen from me are when I forget to do that spell...

Another thing that draws me towards Wicca is its history, sort of. I often consider it to be the "underdog" religion, especially since many of its symbols (such as the pentacle and the pitchfork) were originally good, peaceful symbols, but the Christians turned them into symbols of the devil. That upsets me, but that also makes things interesting to me... I tend to embrace the dark side of things, one characteristic that sets me apart from Wicca...

Yay! I made the longest post in Wiccan Alliance history!! XD

SaltyChi
22nd January 2006, 6:04 AM
Same here. I tend to want to get into the darker side of things, including this religion, but I have no way of getting anything on it. Also, welcome to the club. It's so good that there are more people than ever getting into this religion. Those are some good spells. I'll try them out later today.

2bcelebi320
22nd January 2006, 6:21 AM
Welcome to the club, Kiruria. I'll add you to the members list.

SaltyChi
22nd January 2006, 6:31 AM
Do you have any more useful spells for us, Kiruria?

Kiruria
23rd January 2006, 5:55 AM
Well, the only spell-ish advice I can give you guys now is in regards to the rose. The rose, as some of you may know, is the symbol of divine and especially of the goddess. (Read the Da Vinci Code to gain more info on this.)

^^Well anyways, I always use rose petals in spells and rituals that involve connection to the divine. I occasionally put some on my altar to promote that connection. When I'm done with them, I release them into the wind to send the message of the divine to hearts everywhere. I also make a variation of holy water that uses rose petals instead of salt--it's more effective but slower to make (it takes three days of "brewing"). Also what I have done is stick a wand in the water and touch it in various places on my altar, as well as my heart and such. I then rub it on the inside of a coin purse, place a dry petal inside it, and seal the purse. This purse serves as a sort of amulet, perfect for remindance of our connection to the divine which is within all of us. (It can also serve as a "portable altar".)

That's a bit of my wisdom for today... May magic and the essence of the divine thrive within hearts everywhere. :)

2bcelebi320
27th January 2006, 9:34 AM
So mote it be. The rose thing for the holy water is a good idea. I may try that if you can tell me how, Kiruria.

Kiruria
31st January 2006, 7:38 AM
Basically, you just collect a few rose petals--around 8 will do--and place them on your altar. Cast a circle around them, letting their energies fill the space. Leave this be for three days. After that, soak them in a cup of water, stirring them with a wand if you have one that works, or an incense stick if you don't. Leave this be for a day. The next day, dip your wand or whatever in the water, touch it in five spots on your altar (doesn't matter where), and on your third eye and heart. Finally, rub the wand dry on the inside of a coin purse. Place a dry rose petal inside the purse and close it. Start releasing the energies by closing the circle which contained the rose petal energies. Pour the water out outside, sending the message of the divine to hearts everywhere. With this step, the ritual is complete--use the purse as a charm or personal altar.

^^That was the shortest and simpest description I could give... Just remember that it is better to collect the petals off the ground than to pick them off the flower itself. Doing the latter is a gesture of upsetting the divine.

SaltyChi
10th February 2006, 9:40 PM
Thanks for the info, Kiruria. I'll try that sometime.

Darato
15th February 2006, 9:43 PM
I’m I have a question. Do you need wand or do you just use your hands?

2bcelebi320
15th February 2006, 11:42 PM
We use our hands to cast spells, but some of us might use wands. I'm not sure though.

Darato
16th February 2006, 3:09 AM
We use our hands to cast spells, but some of us might use wands. I'm not sure though.

Thank you for telling me. I was asking because I think I did my 1st spell today.

SaltyChi
21st February 2006, 2:21 PM
Really? What did you do?

2bcelebi320
5th March 2006, 4:18 PM
We need a new topic...

articuno_trumps_all
5th March 2006, 8:17 PM
I don't know what traditions you all belong too, but isn't talking about what particular spells you've cast a bit taboo.

SaltyChi
8th March 2006, 3:14 PM
What do mean?

Clockworkz
13th March 2006, 11:34 PM
Merry we meet. I am Clockworkz, a rather well learned Wiccan, and I know much about the craft.
Articuno: Not at all. In fact, sometimes, it's encouraged to describe spells you've successfully cast, so newbies to the religion can get an idea, instead of improvising on the spot.
Mind if I start a topic?
What was your first Magickal experience?
For me, it was when I cast my first spell. My dad had a hip surgery, and three weeks later, he had to put in a new Front door to our house. He was hurting real bad the night before, so I lit a candle, centered, groudned, and cast a circle, and performed a healing spell for my dad, and so help me Gods, it worked. He felt great the next day. As for myself, I felt great. I had total faith that the spell would work, and felt so relieved once I saw the results :)
Blessed be!

2bcelebi320
14th March 2006, 12:33 AM
You may join, Clockworkz. I'll add you to the list.

I've attempted a spell myself. It was a "Call Me" spell, yet, it didn't work. I don't have a book on Wicca, but I hope to get one sometime soon.

Clockworkz
14th March 2006, 3:21 AM
"Call me" as in a telephone?
Most spells that are supposed to influence the minds of others rarely work, as it's not really right or proper to do that without that person's consent >_>
Hat to say it, but your hopes of those spells working are minimal. I've had the most luck with healing and money spells, and other spells to help promote positive things within my own being.

articuno_trumps_all
14th March 2006, 3:56 AM
Articuno: Not at all. In fact, sometimes, it's encouraged to describe spells you've successfully cast, so newbies to the religion can get an idea, instead of improvising on the spot.
Well, it is certainly taboo in a setting like this: an open internet forum. But by all means, do what you think is appropriate. I personally have a problem with things like that, but that's just me.

SaltyChi
19th March 2006, 12:39 AM
Welcome, ClockWorkz. My first magickal experience was when I was meditating and I had a, sort of, vision. I put it in my journal.