PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to use protect, detect, protect, detect...etc.?

PhiJer
10th November 2005, 9:14 AM
I mean..if u have toxic and protects and detects...that must be very good...is it possible?

TooCoolScyther
10th November 2005, 9:35 AM
I mean..if u have toxic and protects and detects...that must be very good...is it possible?

Well, the thing is. I don't think any Pokemon is able to learn Protect AND Detect. It's just one or the other. And if it IS possible... then you'll eventually run out of PP.

Rudoku
10th November 2005, 10:48 AM
Well, the thing is. I don't think any Pokemon is able to learn Protect AND Detect. It's just one or the other. And if it IS possible... then you'll eventually run out of PP.
Wrong. Protect is a TM of almost Double Team "learnability". The blocking moves all run on the same counter, so doing them over and over would be just like using Protect over and over. Nintendo already thought of it. Endure runs on that counter, too.

PhiJer
10th November 2005, 11:09 AM
not really..endure fail after some uses..protect and detect too

out of pp, huh?

they die after some detect, protects..so u got ur 4th move left..to explode or something

chaos952
10th November 2005, 12:47 PM

No, it isn't.

Edit: Here's why: Protect and Detect overlap each other, so Protect + Detect, etc. does not work.

aipomkong
10th November 2005, 3:35 PM
omg teh detect + protect + sub + toxic sceptile is teh unb34t4ble

they die after some detect, protects..so u got ur 4th move left..to explode or something

yes detect and protect magically ohko any pokemon in the game