PDA

View Full Version : Ep 429 - Dragonair's Lake!

ŁańkaŃ
11th November 2005, 12:13 AM
6th ep creation (and after more than many months...lol)

Well, i haven't seen the preview yet. But was told about a Crawdaunt in this ep.

The big question is Ash's corpish in it's evolved form?

Or is it just some trainers Crawdaunt? Or has suddenly Team Aqua appeared in Kanto Region?

Well, my thoughts are that it is most likely a trainer's Crawdaunt...

What are your thoughts on this EP, and Crawdaunt?

More info later...*i'll edit*

Gravy
11th November 2005, 12:20 AM
The big question is Ash's corpish in it's evolved form?
Oooooooh-Kay. I'm gonna nip this one in the bud before this thread turns into one of those god-awful 'Corphish might evolve? Who knows?!' topics.

The manga released a couple of weeks ago gave us an insight to the Battle Dome episode, and reveals that Swellow and CORPHISH are going to be taking part in the facility.
This manga has been pretty much 100% true to the events shown in past episodes, ie. the Arcanine and Arena ones. So therefore its a reliable source.

Also, iirc, Sushi pointed out in a previous thread that this Crawdaunt is found by the group as they stumble upon a fishing area, where its harrassing the locals. Which indicates that its, most likely, a wild pokémon.

ŁańkaŃ
11th November 2005, 12:23 AM
Oooooooh-Kay. I'm gonna nip this one in the bud before this thread turns into one of those god-awful 'Corphish might evolve? Who knows?!' topics.

The manga released a couple of weeks ago gave us an insight to the Battle Dome episode, and reveals that Swellow and CORPHISH are going to be taking part in the facility.
This manga has been pretty much 100% true to the events shown in past episodes, ie. the Arcanine and Arena ones. So therefore its a reliable source.

Also, iirc, Sushi pointed out in a previous thread that this Crawdaunt is found by the group as they stumble upon a fishing area, where its harrassing the locals. Which indicates that its, most likely, a wild pokémon.

I did state that out in another thread..lol

But what i'm saying is there a chance that the third time they are wrong..as it'll be Crawdaunt and Swellow...who knows...but

I'd actually like it to stay as Corpish much longer...lol

Besides that whole corpish evolve thing

the thing i want to kno is...where is the crew in this ep...? As are they back where they were in the Dragonair banned ep?

Thriller
11th November 2005, 1:20 AM
One thing I'm confused about though. People on PokeAni seem to be pretty bent on the fact that based on the preview for the next ep (Dragonair one) Corphish evolves. However, isn't the battle dome after that? Or is there a possibility of it having nothing to do with the actual anime?

We will find out in tomorow when they put the preview up at tv tokyo and before anyone asks the link is this http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/main.html. It will not be up till tomorow though so don't click on it now thinking you will find the preivew.

DEMONCAMERUPT
11th November 2005, 1:48 AM
Given that crawdaunt has been sterotyped as an evil pokemon it would be good to see Ash's corphish eveovle and put anend to the whole [I]oh my good Crawdaunt is os evil i don't want it appear ever agian that some people have been saying.[I] nowthe Dragonair part could mean that the poke itself is some how invovled but until the preview is up we wont know.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
11th November 2005, 1:54 AM
..Mm yeah.

So I just saw the preview and well I guess it's safe to say that it isn't Ash's Corphish which evolves. It's just a wild Crawdaunt. Heh, The whole preview focused up on some other charcters and then Ash came up near the end. Interesting.

I think Corphish and Crawdaunt battle each other. Looks good.

Pikachu using Volt Tackle again..

These bad guys or atleast I think they are, look pretty cool.

Thriller
11th November 2005, 1:57 AM
Well the preview is now up on tvtokyo.com and all I got to say is WTF were the people on Pokeani thinking? I saw no proof that Corphish was going to evolve at all. Ash did use Corphish and it was going to attack and thats it. Also I didn't see a Dragonair anywhere in the preview. Also Crawdaunt looked a little different that in normally does. This looks like a filler thus ending our track of non-fillers starting from Manene episode to $alary man episode.

Also saw a Vaporean in it. Probably owned by that man trainer.

MidnightScott
11th November 2005, 1:58 AM
I haven't seen the episode yet mostly cuzz it isnt available for Download yet.
Woops >_> - thats next weeks episode....xD
I meant to say I haven't gotten the "SalaryMan" episode.

~Scott;229;

CyberCubed
11th November 2005, 2:00 AM
Wow, no Dragonair in the entire preview? I guess that was it's eyes in the flashback. Is the old woman the same young lady in the flashback?

A Vaporeon? Subtle foreshadowing perhaps? :P

Crawdaunt is a wild, or maybe belonging to those men, it's painfully obvious.

The Big Al
11th November 2005, 2:07 AM
Unless they want Crawdaunt versus Crawdaunt, I doubt Corphish's evolution. However, they've been surprising us for the past few episodes. Volt Tackle appears again. They've yet to explain the fact Pikachu gets hurt doing that.

Sweet May
11th November 2005, 2:16 AM
well i watched the preview and i'm not sure if Corphish will evolve or not.... but i would be a bit surprised if it did..... and i don't know why is Vaporeon there and Pikachu using Volt Tackle..... guess now its a major attack for Pikachu..........XP

Flamez
11th November 2005, 2:21 AM
Seen the preview, and i agree with whoever says that corphish Wont Evolve.
Pikachu using Volt Tackle, i wonder on who though, TR or the other guys or maybe its just training, anyways. Corphish battling thats great if its battling Crawdaunt i think it will win showing that it doesnt need to evolve although i wouldn't mind an evolution.

TwilightFacade
11th November 2005, 2:23 AM
I just saw the preview and well, it doesnt look that interesting to me. I didnt spot Dragonair either but it may have been those glowing eyes at the beginning. I doubt Corphish will evolve, nor do I want it to. Ash didnt appear until the very end but it looks like its going to be a battle between Crawdaunt and Pikachu/Corphish. I bet anything that Volt Tackle will be used all the time now.

V Faction
11th November 2005, 2:56 AM
Unless they want Crawdaunt versus Crawdaunt, I doubt Corphish's evolution. However, they've been surprising us for the past few episodes. Volt Tackle appears again. They've yet to explain the fact Pikachu gets hurt doing that.
How long did it take them to acknowledge Hyper Beam's 1-turn penalty?

Yeah. I'm sure you know well enough to not hold your breath for Volt Tackle, TBA.

BrokenDreams
11th November 2005, 3:26 AM
Never expect good things from the writers, I have a very, very, very, very. very, and very low expectations from those retards. It's look the whole anime was just made to annoy people who watch it.

Lil Brother
11th November 2005, 3:54 AM
I can't watch the preview for some reason. o.o

And here's a crappy Dictionary.com translation. *wishes for a translator that would translate Pokemon names*

On the vicinity of the lake which サトシ which aims toward the battle dome does and is called, that and the ちゅ う, the place of interest of hanging (the niece the ょ) with the inside ゃ く. But the chipping person was not there and the て, rusted and forced and it was the droppings going. You looked at this lake and サトシ which encounters with アサギ which is protected with the ぜ is appeared in the lake, "it does not become and with consequence of disliking thing ポケモン" シザリガー, hangs and ポ which is completed in the person and the lake it knows that モ ン keeps coming out. サトシ in order to take back the fence わ of the lake, the じ which wants have decided to do シザリガー, but....

Geki
11th November 2005, 4:18 AM
Ash's Corphish isn't evolving, so can people please spare us with the ''OMG, CORPHISH IS EVOLVING!!!!'' crap. The episode as a whole looks like just a normal filler, but at least Dragonair will make an appearance.

RaikousThunder
11th November 2005, 4:30 AM
I still cant click the preview either but i can wait. It sounds like a neat ep is Crawdaunt is in it. I love Crawdaunt. No Dragonair in the preview? Seeing a Dragonair again would be cool. When was the last time it was shown? Claire's gym battle? I wish they would have shown some old Kanto characters. I think a lot of fans would have liked that more than a bunch of random fillers.

BrokenDreams
11th November 2005, 5:09 AM
All I want is to see most of Ash's pokemon to evovle, is that a hard thing for a writer to do. I mean they can write episodes of Ash or May's pokemon evolving instead of those boring fillers they put in too much. I think pokemon will go down pretty soon if they keep writing the dumbest episodes ever written, and if it does I won't feel sorry.

CyberCubed
11th November 2005, 5:18 AM
That's nice. Besides a few crappy episodes, most of AG has been excellent. Go whine on about evolutions somewhere else.

DEMONCAMERUPT
11th November 2005, 5:38 AM
I hope that Corphish bets who ever its battling against hey it might learn a new attack or something in this ep what do you guys think?

BrokenDreams
11th November 2005, 6:28 AM
I'm not complaining, I just want episodes where the main character's pokemon to evolved instead of boring fillers Cyber Cubed.

Serebii
11th November 2005, 8:47 AM
PokeAni also never said that Ash's Corphish would evolve...I did my own translation and it said about Ash's Corphish battling a Crawdaunt...I think Zak may have just jumped the gun

If the episodes had nothing but captures or evolutions...you people would get bored with it. Suprisingly evolutions and captures arent all that Pokemon is about

DEMONCAMERUPT
11th November 2005, 9:30 AM
PokeAni also never said that Ash's Corphish would evolve...I did my own translation and it said about Ash's Corphish battling a Crawdaunt...I think Zak may have just jumped the gun

If the episodes had nothing but captures or evolutions...you people would get bored with it. Suprisingly evolutions and captures arent all that Pokemon is about
um i know there is more to catching and evolving pokemon, like character development and battling plus much more.

Missingno. Master
11th November 2005, 9:45 AM
Alright, is there actually a picture of Ash's Corphish in the Battle Dome? Or is that little preview just meant to not spoil any evos? Because I will be BOILING mad if

A; That isn't Ash's Crawdaunt in the preview
B; That Crawdaunt doesn't foreshadow Corphish's evolution

C'mon, the writers are on a roll now (although they did start their roll one episode too lat *coughchimechocough*)

ŁańkaŃ
11th November 2005, 12:01 PM

I agree with ya Serebii...

But some just wish that Ash was like Gary..having all evolved pokemon...lol

well...there may be a point where Corpish will evolve...but there is a long time for that to happen...

For now...just be happy..to see a good match Corpish vs Crawdaunt...and maybe Crawdaunt will get a decent ep...

Jay star
11th November 2005, 12:37 PM
hello

it looks like a alright filler better than some of the others ive seen the previews for but it still is just a little filler with it seems no point i am VERY upset at the fact that ash says to the gym leaders he cant wait to battle them again and t osee them again but here he basically passes there frontdoors and he ignores them i woudl have loved to see how the gym leaders are doing especially ones like sabrina cos we hardly saw when she became good and what happend to haunter and wouldnt her kadabra be alakazam and since he hasnt seen the others i doubt hell bother to see the fuschia gym meaning he wont see koga / or his daughter i tihnk it is from the gold and silver games, and the fact that its dragonairs lake but theres no dragonair just makes me angry cos id love to see a dragonair but the anime is adament not to let me see it and wow i have alot to say about kanto lol but seriously i also dont get how when they where in kanto before only kanto pokemon and a od johto on put here and there and then suddenly they get back fro mkanto and everyone has a kanto pokemon i dont get it but it dosent matter i guess im just bablin on cos it makes mme so angry to have ash say all these things and never do them.

i somtimes think maby they should dump ash somehwere and maby come up with a new main guy maby girl and make them be cooler than ash ( wich wouldnt be hard) and then make this other person have a different starter yeah so its not just a basic treecko, charmander, totodile whatever but something else like pikachu was for ash but make it evolve at som point and not make a baby evolution of it jus tto make it seem more impressive

im sorry for my rants but im not having that great a day ATALL and so im taking it out on everything that slightly iritates me about the series
but i love it still cos i love pokemon and love may shes soo cool has good pokemon for her and needs a bit of work with evolutions but still all round good.

anyway as i said dragonair lake with no dragonair - MADNESS
a crawdaunt being evil AGAIN - MADNESS
an episode mainly about a woman and her past of protecting the lake from suits - MADNESS / BORING

and i agree that if the show was just evolution and captures it would be boring but well ash hasnt had a evolutions since * thinks * glalie and one before that * thinks* grovyle and may hasnt since combusken :| and brock has had all of ludicolos evos and now marshtomp , finally. but now and then would be good latest capture any of them made was may and her squirtle being given to her ages ago and ash dumped his 2 best pokemon to take out a cool and cute phanpy that i like but still no new poekmon since - MADNESS

___RANT OVER___

Gaiash
11th November 2005, 12:51 PM
All I want is to see most of Ash's pokemon to evovle, is that a hard thing for a writer to do. I mean they can write episodes of Ash or May's pokemon evolving instead of those boring fillers they put in too much. I think pokemon will go down pretty soon if they keep writing the dumbest episodes ever written, and if it does I won't feel sorry.
Evolution NOT important! I think Corphish should stay Corphish, we already lost poor Snorunt I don't wanna lose Corphish. Yes I still anm ticked off that Snorunt evolved I mean it was a great Pokemon as it was, it just needed to battle more.

But back to Corphish. It should stay how it is, Ash has a good amount of Evolved Pokemon at Oaks

Beyleaf, Kingler, Muk, Noctowl and Glalie (which I still wish stayed as Snorunt) plus Snorlax counts as one now to.

Plus he has Grovyle and Swellow with him. Ash has enough evolved Pokemon as it is, maybe after he catches a few more Pokemon one of THEM can evolve.

ghost master
11th November 2005, 2:11 PM

If the episodes had nothing but captures or evolutions...you people would get bored with it. Suprisingly evolutions and captures arent all that Pokemon is about He said the people on the pokeani forums were bent that the crawdaunt was Ash's after the preview.

anyway as i said dragonair lake with no dragonair - MADNESS did you see the preview the first scene showed a pokemon that looked a whole lot like dragonair. You know when the opening starts and it's all dark and there is a pair of eyes glowing.5 bucks that's dragonair.
People can't you be satisfied with 5 non fillers in a row and the next one is going to be the battle dome. People whine too much first too many fillers and the fillers were actually pretty good mind you. It just was it didn't go the exact way they wanted. Now we have just had marshtomp evolving,james recieving Manene, Ash gaining another fronteir symbol, May recieving an egg, and May just got her 2nd contest ribbon all in a row. Now we have one filler and people complain when the episode after that is the battle dome and then we have elekid stealing an egg probally May's and then we also have a 2 parter about the pokemon ranger and celebii. So in a 10 episode period we get 2 fillers assuming that the elekid one is a filler and we have people ranting and complaining about too many fillers and corphish not evolving. I'm sorry but Marshtomp>Crawdaunt. That thing was wanted too evolve way before Corphish and had been neglected too death.

vaporeon89
11th November 2005, 5:41 PM
Seen the preview

Yeah! Finally my lovely Vaporeon appears in the show! I supose that it is the old woman's pokemon

The ep looks like a good filler ep, with lots of water pokemon

;134;89

botomon
11th November 2005, 5:41 PM
A better translation:

Satoshi who aims at the battle dome are . near the lake that is called the showplace of , hanging (). However, there were no those who hung it there, and a lonely excrement living. Satoshi who meets Asagi that looks at this lake and defends learn the Pokemon that ends in those who hang it and the lake has gone out because of annoying "Villain Pokemon" Shizarigar that appears in the lake. Because Satoshi regains of the lake, it is as for Shizarigar ….

Thriller
11th November 2005, 5:50 PM
Lol what if Ash catches the Crawdaunt Gaiash? And Corphish stays the same.

If Corphish wins against the Crawdaunt, I may change my mind about it evolving.

Gravy
11th November 2005, 6:22 PM
A better translation:

Satoshi who aims at the battle dome are . near the lake that is called the showplace of , hanging (). However, there were no those who hung it there, and a lonely excrement living. Satoshi who meets Asagi that looks at this lake and defends learn the Pokemon that ends in those who hang it and the lake has gone out because of annoying "Villain Pokemon" Shizarigar that appears in the lake. Because Satoshi regains of the lake, it is as for Shizarigar ….
So basically its something like:

Ash is still travelling along his merry way to his next match at the Battle Dome, which happens to be near this 'Dragonair's Lake' dump. But there are no fishermen/Pokémon to be found in the lake. Oh my!
The gang meet this random cotd named Asagi, who (judging by the preview) has been looking after the lake for quite some time and defends it from ne'er-do-wells and miscreants. But all of the fishermen and poor widdle pokémon have left because of this naughty Crawdaunt that has been terrorising the living crap out of them all.
...erm....and I take it that last line is supposed to tell us that Ash is going to try and dispose of it by beating it to a pulp.

After watching the preview, my guess that this Crawdaunt ISN'T a wild pokémon, but is owned by the suit with a bald head. And for whatever reason, he's scaring off all of the locals and resident pokémon so the area becomes deserted. My guess is that he wants to fill the lake in and build on the land, or at the very least, construct some huge hotel complex right next to it.
And this Asagi woman doesn't want to see that happen as she's been watching over this place for years, thus she's been trying to thwart their plans by attacking Crawdaunt with her Vaporeon?

And there is your episode plotline boys and girls!

The Big Al
11th November 2005, 7:37 PM
I noticed somethig in the preview. Corphish appeared to be a deeper shade of red. I don't know it's my computer or what.

JazzJazz
11th November 2005, 8:29 PM
I hope that Corphish bets who ever its battling against hey it might learn a new attack or something in this ep what do you guys think?

A new move would certainly serve as a good lead-in to Ash's Battle Dome match (where he's apparently going to use corphish).

.Bambi.
11th November 2005, 8:45 PM
Guh...FINALLY the link to the preview on TV Tokyo is working...>.>
This episode looks okay-ish. I don't know why, but I'm really interested in Crawdaunt now. Like, very.

All this speculation about Corphish evolving is Grade-A Bullplop. BULLPLOP! However, if Corphish does get anything out of this battle, I hope it's a new move. It's been quite a while since the little crawfish has battled and I really do hope we don't get the same Bubblebeam/Crabhammer routine in the Battle Dome.

But this also makes me wonder about Dragonair. Yes, we see it's eyes lurking in the deep...maybe Asagi is protecting the lake because Dragonair is holding some sort of secret? Oh, no...we can't expect a semi-deep plot like that from our dear writers! ;D
Probably Corphish will be having some trouble battling Crawdaunt and Dragonair will come help save the day. Or maybe Dragonair is what those businessmen want? Ooooz?

Wow...they're quite a few options in terms of speculation. I guess we'll have to "Wait and See" < Used more times then I'd like to remember.

CyberCubed
11th November 2005, 8:58 PM
Will we ever see a Crawdaunt that ISN'T a villain of the episode?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everytime we've seen Crawdaunt it's always been the "bad guy" of the episode. Crawdaunt was Team Aqua's signature Pokemon in Hoenn, and every other time it's seen it's causing trouble.

Will we ever see a "good" Crawdaunt in the series?

Not to mention how does Ash intend to "get rid" of the Crawdaunt? Beat it to a bloody pulp with his Corphish and Pikachu? Send it blasting off? Have the old woman and Crawdaunt put aside their differences and live together happily ever after?

Pokeballs
11th November 2005, 9:25 PM
After watching the preview, my guess that this Crawdaunt ISN'T a wild pokémon, but is owned by the suit with a bald head. And for whatever reason, he's scaring off all of the locals and resident pokémon so the area becomes deserted. My guess is that he wants to fill the lake in and build on the land, or at the very least, construct some huge hotel complex right next to it.

Hmm sounds kinda like an episode of Scooby Doo if it went in this direction XD
Well at least we'll get to see Corphish VS Crawdaunt, especially after getting conned out of seeing Grovyle fight Sceptile =/ (well I did anyways >.>)

Wind Waker
11th November 2005, 10:16 PM
The People who made the manga for the battle dome episode may have used corphish to not reveal anything, plus crawdaunt would be like the "hero pokémon" for that challenge, but i don't know, and so i don't really care what happens to it,
I just want to see dragonair and vaporeon!

JazzJazz
11th November 2005, 10:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everytime we've seen Crawdaunt it's always been the "bad guy" of the episode. Crawdaunt was Team Aqua's signature Pokemon in Hoenn, and every other time it's seen it's causing trouble.

I'm sure we just need to see a crawdaunt in the hands of the right trainer in order to see one that's "good"... they've managed to show both "good" and "bad" houndoom (and other pokemon) in the anime before, I'm sure they can pull it off with crawdaunt (if they ever choose to).

ŁańkaŃ
11th November 2005, 11:55 PM

Not to mention how does Ash intend to "get rid" of the Crawdaunt? Beat it to a bloody pulp with his Corphish and Pikachu? Send it blasting off? Have the old woman and Crawdaunt put aside their differences and live together happily ever after?

Even thought it is one of my fava collections in R/S/E...i still think it does look evil...and suits a evil person...

even thought i'd LOVE ASH TO HAVE ONE...

it'll be a VILLIANOUS...looking pokemon...

but hey...it'll do a good job :D

upsy-daisy
12th November 2005, 12:10 AM
the eps have gotten good latey squirtle looks way cute.Another case of volt tackle and i hope corphish evos i would luv to it.

Pikachu_Imatation
12th November 2005, 12:45 AM
I wish Corphish would evolve; Its the only Hoenn Pokemon (leaving out Pikachu and Torkoal) that didn't evolve yet.

Gaiash
12th November 2005, 12:45 AM
the eps have gotten good latey squirtle looks way cute.Another case of volt tackle and i hope corphish evos i would luv to it.
I hope it doesn't. Its a good Pokemon as it is, Ash should have at least ONE unevolved Houen Pokemon besides Torkoal who can't evolve anyway

I wish Corphish would evovle; Its the only Hoenn Pokemon (leaving out Pikachu and Torkoal) that didn't evovle yet.
which is exactly why it SHOULDN'T evolve. Seriously too many of the Houen Pokemon evolved, that was its only downside.

BrokenDreams
12th November 2005, 2:50 AM
Seriously, Gaiash why don't you want corpish to evolve. I mean he has alot of unevolved pokemon why does he need more.

CyberCubed
12th November 2005, 2:54 AM
Maybe because Corphish has one of the best personalities we've seen in the show?

Let Ash's "bland personality wise" Pokemon evolve, such as Phanpy, Cyndaquil and Totodile. Now THEY would benefit from an evolution.

Corphish is already a powerhouse, and giving it a Dark type edge won't do much for it. Not to mention I'd hate to see Crawdaunt act generic like all the other Crawdaunt on the show instead of it's awesome Corphish personality.

JazzJazz
12th November 2005, 2:55 AM
I hope it doesn't. Its a good Pokemon as it is, Ash should have at least ONE unevolved Houen Pokemon...
... it SHOULDN'T evolve. Seriously too many of the Houen Pokemon evolved, that was its only downside.

An evolution for corphish shouldn't be ruled out just because Ash has other evolved Hoenn pokemon or that we've seen a lot of Hoenn pokemon evolve.

BrokenDreams
12th November 2005, 3:05 AM
I totally agree with you JazzJazz

jolteonjak
12th November 2005, 4:21 AM
I'm all for Cyndaquil action leading to evolution. :)

Torkoal Stu
12th November 2005, 7:33 AM
There wasn't a single Dragonair in the preview o0 But Volt Tackle again *yawn*

Well as for Corphish i'm on the "OMG its never gonna evolve evar" side. Also if we can go by those comics as a source, then yeah no evolution. Plus Corphish kicked *** as it is, why does it need to evolve?

ChaosMage
12th November 2005, 10:37 AM
Some pokemon's personalities benefitted highly from evolution.

Grovyle is more of a tough bad*ss than Treecko
Combusken is far cooler than Torchic
Swellow's tough attitude is better than Taillow's
Lotad's evolutions proved very popular and entertaining (the Mawile episode is one of the funniest ever because of Lombre/Ludicolo)
Marshtomp now has its trainers lovey-dovey personality, which may actually become a recurring theme from now
Glalie is still a bit of a joker, and it is far stronger

But my best example- Bayleef.

It was obsessed with Ash as a Chikorita, and always jumped at him with affection. But, upon it's evolution into a far bigger pokemon, Bayleef became a really funny pokemon. Other small pokemon, like Totodile, Corphish and Cacnea, who have these distinct and slightly immature personalities, would be even more hilarious if they were so much bigger.

And an impulsive, irritable and slightly insane Crawdaunt would be hilariious. Corphish should evolve, some day.

MaskedManAbsolkid
12th November 2005, 11:09 AM
Do people even watch the previews, because if they had, they'd realise the Crawdaunt was from a FLASHBACK.

Doesn't look too exciting, I feel it might fall into the same fate as the Butterfree Frontier ep.

Missingno. Master
12th November 2005, 11:30 AM
People! The prescense of Crawdaunt here has GOT to be foreshadowing! Look at the circumstances;

Ash fished up a Corphish in Which Wurmple's Which, and caught one 2 eppies later

Ash battled a Grovyle in the Watmel field, and his Treecko evolved in a later episode!

Ash battled Flannery's Torkoal, then got one himself!

So why can't this be the same thing? Crawdaunt appears, and maybe Corphish evolves in the battle dome!

MaskedManAbsolkid
12th November 2005, 11:35 AM
People! The prescense of Crawdaunt here has GOT to be foreshadowing! Look at the circumstances;

Ash fished up a Corphish in Which Wurmple's Which, and caught one 2 eppies later

Ash battled a Grovyle in the Watmel field, and his Treecko evolved in a later episode!

Ash battled Flannery's Torkoal, then got one himself!

So why can't this be the same thing? Crawdaunt appears, and maybe Corphish evolves in the battle dome!

>_>

Did you even read the topic? The anime-manga scans show Corphish and Swellow, and if Corphish had've evolved, we'd know by now.

The Big Al
12th November 2005, 12:38 PM
They may also have to be hush hush about evos. We'll just see. However a Crawdaunt attacking like Corphish would be a riot. Just like a Cacturne bear hugging James. I wish they would evolve.

Dogasu
12th November 2005, 3:22 PM
Didn't Serebii set up a "no talking about evolutions" in the preview/review threads rule months ago?

Torkoal Stu
12th November 2005, 3:26 PM
Didn't Serebii set up a "no talking about evolutions" in the preview/review threads rule months ago?
If so it didn't work.

Anyway as for the flash back Crawdaunt thing, well some of it was and there was a scene of it usings CrabHammer not flash back coloring, so yeah its probably a wild one anyway. But i've got a feeling theres going to be hardly any Dragonair's in this, maybe none at all. Which makes this episode like the last episode a misleading title episode.

Eternal Eievui
12th November 2005, 4:24 PM
>_>

Did you even read the topic? The anime-manga scans show Corphish and Swellow, and if Corphish had've evolved, we'd know by now.

Please read his post. He speculated that Corphish may evolve DURING the Battle Arena. This would fit with it still being Corphish in the scans. It may evolve during the match. However I agree that this is highly unlikely.

The third page seems to show Ash 'victorious' and Corphish still in it's Corphishy form. I can't be sure. It LOOKS like Tucker is raising Ash's arm in victory. It seems to me if these new scans reveal so many spoilers they would include something major like Corphish's evolution.

The preview was uhhh... interesting. I fail to see why the Episode is called 'Dragonair's Lake!' as Dragonair is nowhere to be seen.

Jikkle
12th November 2005, 7:58 PM
Dragonair is the pokemon with the eyes glowing at the bottom of the lake for those of you complaining that their is no dragonair in there :P

Corphish is fine the way he is now. I wouldn't mind him evovling much later on when Ash has practially shelved all his Hoenn pokemon in the next saga. I'm just curious on what the writers plan on doing since it seems that Ash is due for some sort of capture or evolution of some kind and you would think on or the other if not both will happen in the BF saga.

Thriller
12th November 2005, 8:33 PM

Ever since Glalie, that rule was blown off.

Watch Gaiash come in with a mild rage when he see's all this.

On Topic: I think the Crawdaunt may infact be trainer owned by that guy with the stupid moustache and he's trying to dam it up to build some casino.

JazzJazz
12th November 2005, 8:54 PM
There wasn't a single Dragonair in the preview

There kinda was, those intimidating eyes shown underwater, the ones in the preview picture on Serebii's site... that's gotta be dragonair.

RaikousThunder
13th November 2005, 4:54 AM
There kinda was, those intimidating eyes shown underwater, the ones in the preview picture on Serebii's site... that's gotta be dragonair.
Those eyes looked more like Crawdaunts since they were red and threatening looking. Crawdaunt is being a big bully so it kind of makes sense they would be its eyes. Plus Crawdaunt is shown right after those eyes.

ghost master
13th November 2005, 1:36 PM
Those eyes looked more like Crawdaunts since they were red and threatening looking. Crawdaunt is being a big bully so it kind of makes sense they would be its eyes. Plus Crawdaunt is shown right after those eyes. the eyes were glowing white and on serebii's opening page there's a pic of it and you can even see the outline of Dragonair if you look close enough.

RaikousThunder
13th November 2005, 4:57 PM
the eyes were glowing white and on serebii's opening page there's a pic of it and you can even see the outline of Dragonair if you look close enough.
Yeah after doing some investigating after i posted that i noticed the eyes had the shape of Dragonair's eyes. Well its cool if they are Dragonair.

JazzJazz
13th November 2005, 6:27 PM
Yeah after doing some investigating after i posted that i noticed the eyes had the shape of Dragonair's eyes. Well its cool if they are Dragonair.

Not just "cool", but kind of essential... it'd just be silly to have it called 'Dragonair's Lake' and not have it even appear in the preview.

Jessie&James
13th November 2005, 7:01 PM
Here's some of this week's preview pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/71faa383.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/2862af38.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/ac777822.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/e8ba2d1f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/67573ddc.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/33.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/30de2d14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/6609320c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/a6f1e531.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/e829deca.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/393373b8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/40335eae.jpg

Wasn't expecting this episode to focus on a Crawdaunt, but hopefully those eyes really do belong to Dragonair. Like JazzJazz stated it would certainly be strange to have a Pokémon name in the title and have no mention of it in the episode. :/

Some scenes looked like they were from an old movie, thought that was kinda cool. I wonder who those men are and what they want.

A Corphish vs Crawdaunt match should be awesome. It'd be nice if Corphish could learn a new move, all he really has is Crabhammer and BubbleBeam.

I've always liked Vaporeon, so I'm glad it'll have some screentime.

Volt Tackle's nice, but I hope we don't see it too, too often.

I think this will be an ok episode, I was expecting more Dragonair, but maybe the preview's decieving. But anyway as long as we get more of goofy, little Corphish I'll be happy. ^^

Adzieboy
13th November 2005, 7:24 PM
Looks great! I love Vaporeon, best of the eons imo.

RaikousThunder
14th November 2005, 5:20 AM
Not just "cool", but kind of essential... it'd just be silly to have it called 'Dragonair's Lake' and not have it even appear in the preview.
Well i figured Dragonair would be in the episode judging by the title. I bet Dragonair appeared near the end and gets rid of Crawdaunt to protect the lake. Though if it does that why didnt it do it before a long time ago? Eh oh well getting to see Crawdaunt in another ep is enough for me.

I was wondering since Vaporeon is shown in this episode and Espeon was shown at the first Kanto contest ep do you think they are going to show all of the Eeveelutions in the following episodes? If May's egg hatches into an Eevee maybe they are going to let her see what all the evolutions are like before she chooses, or if she even chooses. 2 out of 5 Eeveelutions being shown so far in the series cant just be a conincidence, can it?

ChaosMage
14th November 2005, 4:45 PM
I was wondering since Vaporeon is shown in this episode and Espeon was shown at the first Kanto contest ep do you think they are going to show all of the Eeveelutions in the following episodes? If May's egg hatches into an Eevee maybe they are going to let her see what all the evolutions are like before she chooses, or if she even chooses. 2 out of 5 Eeveelutions being shown so far in the series cant just be a conincidence, can it?

And she's already seen a Flareon too. Only Jolteon and Umbreon (curable by a delicious dose of Vitamin G) are left.