PDA

View Full Version : Can't get into chat? Read here.

Pages : [1] 2

Fox
11th November 2005, 11:48 PM
There could be one of many reasons why you can't get into chat. The following are just a few of the most common:
You were banned from chat for one of many various reasons and the ban hasn't been lifted yet.
The server is down.
There is some sort of problem getting you connected to the server.
The Java Applet isn't working.

If you are having trouble in either mIRC or the Java Applet, you may want to try connecting to the server via the IP by using this command: /server 66.90.116.58

We are currently on the PurpleSurge network, and usually you'll be able to connect via: irc.purplesurge.com

Note: If you are trying to connect, and neither the normal address or IP are working, then it is likely that the server is just down or experiencing problems. This is probably the case, especially if you do multiple connect attempts, and you get something like "Connection refused".

Feel free to add to this if I missed anything.

Erik Destler
5th February 2006, 3:40 AM
Well, this info is pretty much useless, considering we moved to a different server.

irc.dejatoons.net or atarians.dejatoons.net

or some other thing that's been updated. D:

And yeah, that's pretty much all the reasons why you can't get into the chat. :<

Raize
5th February 2006, 3:42 AM
Not here, dude. ._.

Go to the fan art section and request for one in a shop that makes them...

Er, to be KINDA on topic, are we staying in dejatoons or are we moving back to PhoenixIRC?

Erik Destler
5th February 2006, 3:45 AM
dejatoons.

PhoenixIRC is dead, according to the main site http://www.phoenixirc.org/news.php

D:

Dead and buried, if you asked me.

Raize
5th February 2006, 4:16 AM
Ah, awesome. I'd much rather stay in dejatoons than in Phoenix. :D

Blissey_Beam
5th April 2006, 7:11 AM
Ok, I can't get into the chat at all. mIRC or Java App. It just says Software Caused connection abort everytime.

Pokefreak
20th July 2006, 7:37 PM
To me it says :
Unable to resolve server

And when I type /join:
insufficient parameters

CM
20th July 2006, 7:44 PM
The network is currently going through a netsplit. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_split)

So I would try connecting again in a few hours.

IRON BLOOD
24th July 2006, 1:35 AM
neither can i, for some reason i cant even enter the site.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
24th July 2006, 1:45 AM
If you can't get onto dejatoons, try another server.

thunderer.dejatoons.net
atarians.dejatoons.net
irc.dejatoons.net

There might be more, I can't really think straight. But yeah, if you can't get through, just type another one in your server window, and try that.

-Josh

Sonozaki Maya
24th July 2006, 10:57 AM
eternia.dejatoons.net

That's the server I'm attached to, apparently.

Ninjit
24th July 2006, 11:04 AM
Meh, it only really matters during a netsplit what type of dejatoons you're on.

.:Alex:.
5th September 2006, 5:57 PM
Could someone tell me how to connect and to the right place?

Kaiserin
5th September 2006, 9:44 PM
Could someone tell me how to connect and to the right place?

...Tell me, did you just skip down the whole thread without reading it and just post?

Because it sure sounds like it.

...Yeah, read the thread, please.

.:Alex:.
5th September 2006, 9:46 PM
which was pratically useless for me as none of that worked!

Erik Destler
14th September 2006, 1:02 AM
which was pratically useless for me as none of that worked!

In the box, type /server irc.dejatoons.net

or one of the other servers. Okay?

Bryloom
15th November 2006, 7:55 AM
this sucks..i tried all the servers... i just can't stay on and it's frustrating..apparantly i die with actions and PMs... maybe its my internet connection.. I'm using a wireless network.. but it was working perfectly fine before... any suggestions on what i should do???

Shaorune
25th November 2006, 5:39 PM
Hi...I'd like to aplogise for what I did earlier.

It was just me being incredibly silly...Anyway, I can assure you I won't do this again.
When will my ban from the Chat be lifted?

Jonah
26th November 2006, 7:44 PM
I accidentally pressed "No" when my computer asked me if I trusted Philip Detorney. Now I can't access the chat. How do I access it?

Whenever I go into chat it says "Connecting..." then it says "Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)"

Jerre
26th November 2006, 7:57 PM
@Jonah: You must install the Javafile by pressing "Yes" when the window appears of "Phillip Detorney". Then you should go in to the chat.

Too bad that there isn't a HTML Chat. It's only a Java Chat.

Jonah
1st December 2006, 12:46 AM
Yes, but I can't get Mr. Detorny's window to appear. And mIRC doesn't work either.

XDbonsly
27th December 2006, 11:33 PM
I have been banned for over 10 hours is that even possible!?

evil bonsly
28th December 2006, 7:26 AM
when i try to log in chatroom it says cannot connect to channel how do i connect to the channel

The Edge
9th January 2007, 3:47 AM
Whenever I go to the chat, I just see the good ole' white-and-red X, same as when there's a picture with a bad link or something. I think my computer, or some kind of pop-up software, may be blocking it... but does anone know how to get it off?

RandomPerson123
9th January 2007, 7:29 AM
Whenever I go to the chat, I just see the good ole' white-and-red X, same as when there's a picture with a bad link or something. I think my computer, or some kind of pop-up software, may be blocking it... but does anone know how to get it off?

I get the exact same thing. I could use help with this.

The Edge
10th January 2007, 3:25 AM
I've gotten onto the chat before, but for some reason it just doesn't work on this new laptop I got.

EDIT: I figured it out, no thanks to you guys. >_> Java wasn't installed.

Ichi
7th February 2007, 11:22 PM
Neither Java nor mIRC is working for me. On mIRC it says "address is banned" and on Java it says "#SPP cannot join channel (+b)" I know +b means banned, but does that mean that the address is banned(like it said in mIRC) or does it mean that I'm banned? I haven't done anything wrong to get banned I hope ><

evil bonsly
13th February 2007, 6:31 AM
yes it means your banned that post I put earlier I figured out I was banned I don't know why but yes +b means your banned from the chatroom

007pikachu
22nd February 2007, 10:08 PM
if it's a white square with no inside and it has a x at the top right corner it's java
i don't have java

FireKero!
22nd February 2007, 10:21 PM
Answer me this. I'm pretty sure I have the right requirements to get into Chat (java and all) seeing how I've been on other chats before. However, two days ago I tried getting on, yet I wasn't allowed to go on. I don't believe I've been banned from there, seeing how I've never been on SPPF chat before. I tried several times, so I don't think it's a traffic thing.

What else could it be?

Lord Scalgon
23rd February 2007, 4:33 AM
Though I'm new to the chat, but old in the forums...I get this 'Unable to resolve server', and I'm doing everything right. What am I doing wrong?

007pikachu
27th February 2007, 2:52 PM
you might have the3 wrong java there's hundreds

zipzap713
6th March 2007, 6:34 AM
Ok. How do I load the Chat? I think I need the right Java but I do not know which one I need for it. I downloaded the mIRC w/ the 'special' script but how do I install it? Or do I not need it?

facetious
6th March 2007, 6:39 AM
Ok. How do I load the Chat? I think I need the right Java but I do not know which one I need for it. I downloaded the mIRC w/ the 'special' script but how do I install it? Or do I not need it?
SPP script is awful, don't use it. You can use the chat fine without it.

Load mIRC.
Type /server irc.dejatoons.net
Type /join #SPP
???
PROFIT

Chris
6th March 2007, 7:17 AM
THERE'S NO PROFIT FROM HAVING MORE PEOPLE JOINING THE CHAT! :(

You just ruined it all, Jay.

zipzap713
6th March 2007, 5:50 PM
Ok. I think I have managed to make the chat work. I downloaded mIRC and entered the information. Although the Chat on SPP's page won't work, I think the mIRC has entered me in the chat. Not sure since no one is there.

Ho-oh Master
7th March 2007, 7:04 PM
11:59] Connecting...
[12:00] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

It wont do anything >.> Is the server down or somthing?

Amoeba
7th March 2007, 7:43 PM
XD lol I've just been banned for advertising. Guess what, I wasn't. Unless you count handing out invisible snacks to the chatters.

Some extreme glitchiness there. Any way to resolve it?

colton15501
10th March 2007, 6:58 AM
how do you get unbanned if you got banned because someone provoked you and you said something stupid to get you banned? pm me

Dragonite
5th April 2007, 1:11 PM
I can't connect at all, all that comes up is
[12:03] * Connecting to 72.20.33.100 (6667)
-
[12:03] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
[12:03] * Connect retry #1 72.20.33.100 (6667)
-
[12:04] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
I tried using Java instead, but nothing still :( I guess the chat is just down or something, i'll try again in a few hours. If its not that, i would be happy if someone cold help. Thanks

PLANES CURE TOWERS
5th April 2007, 1:15 PM
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=210917

Instructions here.

Sir Marly
5th April 2007, 1:27 PM
I can get connected fine but it won't let me join any channels now.
I've switched servers and everything
and all it says is /msg NickServ IDENTIFY :/

Fidgety Raichu
5th April 2007, 1:39 PM
I can get connected fine but it won't let me join any channels now.
I've switched servers and everything
and all it says is /msg NickServ IDENTIFY :/

You're probably trying to log in with a nick that's already registered and possibly in use. Switch your username. (/nick [new nick])

Sir Marly
5th April 2007, 7:31 PM
No i changed my nick and it still didn't work

Ho-oh Master
11th April 2007, 3:37 AM
I want to know why I was banned in SPP (Josh) and in Desu (Leona I think). I havn't been on all day.

Wtf?

Bryloom
11th April 2007, 4:30 AM
I want to know why I was banned in SPP (Josh) and in Desu (Leona I think). I havn't been on all day.

Wtf?

Mainly because you get on everyone's nerves. Yeah, that sounds about right. Also, complaining about it here doesn't help.

Ho-oh Master
11th April 2007, 4:32 AM
Mainly because you get on everyone's nerves. Yeah, that sounds about right. Also, complaining about it here doesn't help.

So that gives them the right to ban me?

Erik Destler
11th April 2007, 5:53 AM
It might.

Logs please.

I want evidence.

Kirby
11th April 2007, 6:06 AM
We cannot do anything about you being banned in #desu, as it's not affiliated with #spp.

Chris
11th April 2007, 7:07 AM
Being annoying and getting on people's nerves is pretty much a ban-worthy offense.

As Aipom said, can't do anything about #Desu. We don't run it. It's not part of us. They're their own chat.

Ho-oh Master
11th April 2007, 2:46 PM
Being annoying and getting on people's nerves is pretty much a ban-worthy offense.

As Aipom said, can't do anything about #Desu. We don't run it. It's not part of us. They're their own chat.

I didn't even say anything and I was banned.

Kirby
11th April 2007, 3:00 PM
I didn't even say anything and I was banned.

Again, #Desu is not part of #SPP or SPPf, so we can't do anything about it. So no use in complaining here...

Mello
11th April 2007, 3:16 PM

Harassment is wrong, and it'll get you banned =/. Maybe you were just getting annoying or spamming. If you don't complain and wait a while, you'll get unbanned eventually. The ban list is cleared a lot.

Ho-oh Master
11th April 2007, 8:59 PM
Again, #Desu is not part of #SPP or SPPf, so we can't do anything about it. So no use in complaining here...

>.>

<.<

I was banned in SPP when I joined. I didn't say anything, I couldn't read anything. All I did was change my name from Guest to my Chat name and I was banned.

The same thing happened in Desu. What my main compliant is I was baned in SPP and I didn't do anything.

Jonah
11th April 2007, 9:32 PM
You sure you didn't say anything?

Because you might have been script-banned by Josh for saying "D/P".

Ho-oh Master
12th April 2007, 12:02 AM
I didn't say anything. All I did was change my name from Guest(random numbers) to Ho-oh_Master and when I was reading my Guest number I was banned.

Kirby
12th April 2007, 5:45 PM
You're not banned anymore.

And if it makes you feel better...

* Aipom sets mode: -h Aipom
* Aipom is now known as Ho-Oh_Master
Ho-Oh_Master> :(???

So changing your name to Ho-Oh_Master couldn't have goten you banned, as it did nothing to me :]

Ho-oh Master
13th April 2007, 5:42 PM
You're not banned anymore.

And if it makes you feel better...

* Aipom sets mode: -h Aipom
* Aipom is now known as Ho-Oh_Master
Ho-Oh_Master> :(???

So changing your name to Ho-Oh_Master couldn't have goten you banned, as it did nothing to me :]

Ask Josh why he banned me :( I'm not gonna go there if everyone always tells me to leave.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
13th April 2007, 6:14 PM
When you can remember every single ban you do, let me know how you did it so I can tell you.

Kaiserin
13th April 2007, 6:49 PM
This isn't the place to be whining about bans, anyway.

Next plz. :<

Ho-oh Master
14th April 2007, 1:36 AM
Don't you have Chat logs?

Kaiserin
14th April 2007, 2:15 AM
THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE WHINING ABOUT BANS PLZ.

Thank you muchly. |<

Cbotronv2
2nd May 2007, 2:46 PM
can't acess the chatroom ...

Wishmaker
2nd May 2007, 6:23 PM
We need to know why you can't access the chat, be specific

shining-Celebi
6th May 2007, 2:59 AM
I can't access the chat either.whenever I click on the link,A box with a red x appears.I already downloaded the mIRC file it says to download..but still nothing.

[aka]
6th May 2007, 3:27 AM
i can't access the chat either. when i try it says "several java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error"

Aruseus3309
15th May 2007, 12:15 PM
Im unable to connect it says this

* Connect retry #insert number(6667)
-
-number- [ Blocked by ZoneAlarm Security ]
-
-
* Disconnected

Does anyone have the same problem?

Shuko
15th May 2007, 4:01 PM
Im unable to connect it says this

* Connect retry #insert number(6667)
-
-
-
* Disconnected

Does anyone have the same problem?
Sounds like you have software running a firewall that's blocking the port the Java chat is requiring (I have the same problem at work, only they use Windows firewall). Have you tried downloading the mIRC application and running that instead?

Sachiel
18th May 2007, 3:14 PM
just wondering but after the boards update shouldn;t the chat be working?
Instead I keep on getting this message when I attempt to enter.

[09:16] Connecting...
[09:16] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)

what does that mean? Did a mod intentiionallly ban me? Or is something to do with my firewall/security settings?

Tyranny of Tyranitar
12th June 2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds like you have software running a firewall that's blocking the port the Java chat is requiring (I have the same problem at work, only they use Windows firewall). Have you tried downloading the mIRC application and running that instead?

I did this, and the computer detects it and still won't let me connect. ("Connection Refused", time 1:12 PDT, I did read Fox's first post, shouldn't be really refused at this time since this post went through instantly.....) I'm starting to not like the shared computer system I use. Guess I'm SOL. :(

EDIT: Update, I bought my own computer and internet since this post was made. Disregard this post please.

Vampire Slayer
17th June 2007, 5:15 AM
I got banned? What did I do? My name on chat is Vampire. What did I do?

Emerald.WEAPON
10th July 2007, 3:36 PM
For some odd reason, everyone else can connect to chat and i cant connect. I get this message when i try:

[09:33] Connecting...
[09:34] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

Help, anyone?

Em

Shuko
10th July 2007, 3:49 PM
For some odd reason, everyone else can connect to chat and i cant connect. I get this message when i try:

[09:33] Connecting...
[09:34] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

Help, anyone?

EmI get that message too, but only at work. It means that the port it's trying to connect to is blocked from access by your firewall. I don't know how to change it, but I'm not going to try, because I don't want to get into trouble at work, lol.

Emerald.WEAPON
10th July 2007, 3:51 PM
Ok, thanks soooo much lol. Thats what i thought it had to be, but it's been working on this comp... Thanks a lot. Anyone know how to fix it?

Em

EDIT: I just tried with my firewall off and it still did that?
HELP

Giuseppe
11th July 2007, 3:02 AM
Alright apparently I accidentally hit my caps lock and typed in all caps. I didn't get a warning or anything. Like Chat Room Nazis or a Gestapo, I got kicked off with a rather rude message calling me pretty much an idiot. Whoever kicked me, thanks for nothing.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
11th July 2007, 3:05 AM
Alright apparently I accidentally hit my caps lock and typed in all caps. I didn't get a warning or anything. Like Chat Room Nazis or a Gestapo, I got kicked off with a rather rude message calling me pretty much an idiot. Whoever kicked me, thanks for nothing.
Congratulations, you triggered a script.

WELL DONE ON YOUR ACHIEVEMENT.

Mareena
17th July 2007, 4:36 PM
Yeah, since yesterday, I still can't join #SPP.

I've still managed to connect on thundarr, atarians, sebben and betamax but I can't join any channels.

I believe people are being d/c'd because of ping timeouts.

I got this on IRC:
*If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong 8D9F06A7 or /raw pong 8D9F06A7 now.*

zellen04
18th July 2007, 12:36 PM
can someone help me. Earlier today i connected to the chatroom and everything was fine but now i tried again the this message keeps coming up: #SPP-WiFi Cannot join channel (+b). I have done anything to have been kicked so i dunno why i can access the wifi chatroom.

gdupalex
27th July 2007, 7:32 AM
it says my session time expired can someone pm me wt help

Erik Destler
2nd August 2007, 8:07 PM
That means you got banned, genius zellen04.

idk what that means gdupalex.
Soz.

MePhiZToPheLeS
6th August 2007, 7:52 AM
Everytime I try to join the chat this message pops up: [00:44] Connecting...
[00:44] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)
That If I try to connect via the web page, when trying to do so via mIRC I get this other message:
Connecting to serebii.razorville.co.uk (6666)

Local host: benjamin-febfd1 (5.137.239.142)

* Unable to resolve server

Any particular reason why?

Kirby
6th August 2007, 8:48 AM
Everytime I try to join the chat this message pops up: [00:44] Connecting...
[00:44] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)
That If I try to connect via the web page, when trying to do so via mIRC I get this other message:
Connecting to serebii.razorville.co.uk (6666)

Local host: benjamin-febfd1 (5.137.239.142)

* Unable to resolve server

Any particular reason why?

Can't help you with java, but for mIRC, judging by the server you posted, the razorville one, I'm going to assume you downloaded it off of Serebii's site.

It's set so the default server you connect to is razorville, which if I recall is no longer active. The chat itself is located on irc.dejatoons.net

You can change the default server by following these steps;

1. Open mIRC
2. Go to file in the top left hand corner
3. Click on Select Server on the drop down menu
4. Click add
5. In description, type dejatoons, and in the IRC server box, type irc.dejatoons.net
6. Click add
7. Click OK
8. Then click on file again and choose connect.

Once you've connected to the server, type /j #spp and you should enter the chat.

MePhiZToPheLeS
7th August 2007, 7:22 AM
Thx mate. Upgrading java now to see if it works.

NadeMaster
13th August 2007, 5:46 AM
i'm getting some message like cant connect to channel (+b)

Erik Destler
13th August 2007, 7:29 AM
That would mean that you were banned, lol.

Bizziler
15th August 2007, 6:28 PM
Uh, I got banned from the chatroom. I tried to join the WiFi channel, and I think I must have typed the code wrong, because next thing I know I'm blocked from the channel for apparently 'advertising another channel'.

Edit: Oh, I'm unbanned now. Yay. Can anyone tell me the code you type to join the WiFi room, so I don't ban myself again?

Keitaro-kun
17th August 2007, 1:31 AM
Uh, I got banned from the chatroom. I tried to join the WiFi channel, and I think I must have typed the code wrong, because next thing I know I'm blocked from the channel for apparently 'advertising another channel'.

Edit: Oh, I'm unbanned now. Yay. Can anyone tell me the code you type to join the WiFi room, so I don't ban myself again?

Java dosen't allow the /join command so I'd just go ahead and PM yourself~

Erik Destler
17th August 2007, 4:22 PM
Try typing /j SPP-wifi

That tends to work.

Shuko
23rd August 2007, 5:40 AM
This is really odd. It's an error I've never gotten before. :p I tried logging onto the java chat tonight, and this is what it gave me:

[22:29] Connecting...
[22:29] Logging in...
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
[22:29] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong D38747C0 or /raw pong D38747C0 now.
[22:29] Welcome to the DejaToons IRC Network SPPGuest2749!~SPPGuest2@12.206.73.207
[22:29] *** Your nick is now SPPGuest2749
[22:29] Your host is thundarr.dejatoons.net, running version Unreal3.2.5
[22:29] This server was created Sat Oct 28 2006 at 03:41:36 UTC
[22:29] thundarr.dejatoons.net Unreal3.2.5 iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeIKVfMCuzNTGj
[22:29] NAMESX SAFELIST HCN MAXCHANNELS=30 CHANLIMIT=#:30 MAXLIST=b:60,e:60,I:60 NICKLEN=30 CHANNELLEN=32 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 AWAYLEN=307 MAXTARGETS=20 WALLCHOPS are supported by this server
[22:29] WATCH=128 SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=beIqa,kfL,lj,psmntirRcOAQKVCuzNSMTG NETWORK=DejaToons CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT STATUSMSG=@%+ EXCEPTS INVEX are supported by this server
[22:29] CMDS=KNOCK,MAP,DCCALLOW,USERIP are supported by this server
[22:29] There are 53 users and 1291 invisible on 9 servers
[22:29] 25 operator(s) online
[22:29] 375 channels formed
[22:29] I have 260 clients and 1 servers
[22:29] Current Local Users: 260 Max: 515
[22:29] Current Global Users: 1344 Max: 2417
[22:29] MOTD File is missing
[22:29] *** Mode changed to iw
[22:29] [SecureServ VERSION]
[22:29] #SPP Cannot join channel (+i)

What does mode +i mean, anyway?

Keitaro-kun
24th August 2007, 2:59 AM
What does mode +i mean, anyway?

Invite only~

BlazeShadow
17th September 2007, 2:10 PM
I cannot connect. ._.

[14:04] Connecting...
[14:04] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

It ALWAYS says that, I have never got into the chat ever beacuse of that. ._.

Is there any way to fix it?

Shuko
17th September 2007, 5:09 PM
I cannot connect. ._.

It ALWAYS says that, I have never got into the chat ever beacuse of that. ._.

Is there any way to fix it?My guess would be that your firewall is blocking it. Not sure how to get around that, unless you have admin privileges on your network. :p

Rushy
2nd October 2007, 8:01 AM
who unbans people?

Rushy
2nd October 2007, 8:02 AM
I was banned for no reason

Xaralampos
2nd October 2007, 1:31 PM
I think you should said that in the Thread, em.... this one: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=256997

Shuko
2nd October 2007, 3:14 PM
I think you should said that in the Thread, em.... this one: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=256997
Indeed. And I'd suggest you delete one of those posts. :/ Double-posting is a no-no. When you have more to say, just edit your post instead of making a new one right after your old one, lol.

Ledian_X
16th October 2007, 2:11 PM
Is anyone else having MIRC connection issues? For some reason I can't get onto the dejatoons server to get to #spp or #spp-wifi. I have mIRC and and I can't seem to connect period. I am using the correct server. So, is anyone else having this problem?

LX

Xaralampos
16th October 2007, 7:47 PM
1. Open mIRC
2. Go to file in the top left hand corner
3. Click on Select Server on the drop down menu
4. Click add
5. In description, type dejatoons, and in the IRC server box, type irc.dejatoons.net
6. Click add
7. Click OK
8. Then click on file again and choose connect.

Once you've connected to the server, type /j #spp and you should enter the chat.

hmm, that's what you have to do Ledian_X

Tyranidos
27th October 2007, 3:37 PM
Am I supposed to buy mIRC? Because when I download it, it is apparently a WinRAR file and I have to register it online. When I get to the site, however, it says I have to buy it. Can anyone help me?

Amonitas
27th October 2007, 11:19 PM
I always get this problem:
Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect

My firewall has been turned off, thats not the problem.

miles0624
31st October 2007, 7:00 PM
I have looked all over the thread but have not found the java script you have to download. I used to be able to connect to the Chat rooms untill i did a clean of my computer. Now all i get is a White and red X. Someone said it was because I don't have the correct java script, but didn't tell me which one to get.

Tyranidos
20th November 2007, 1:45 AM
Ok, I downloaded mIRC and when I connect, it keeps saying something like: Unable to connect, retrying. Connect Retry #2 Unable to connect, retrying. Connect Retry #3 etc.

Does anyone know what the problem is? And just to let you know, I have never been on the Chat before.

Keitaro-kun
21st November 2007, 1:43 PM
Try typing this~

/server irc.dejatoons.net

you might've had something mispelled

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th February 2008, 3:35 AM
I got banned, i'd like to know when my banning is done please? Thanks.
edit: WTF? I've been banned for like 20 hours!!

Neal18
10th February 2008, 9:39 AM

Usually it's determined by the script. And for some ops, they set their scripts to not have timered unbans.

And then we have to make several assumptions. Like we should assume your forum nick is the same as your nick on IRC.

-Neal.

Kaiserin
11th February 2008, 4:12 AM

1) Speak English. "I'd like to know when my banning is done" makes no literal sense.

2) Post in the right topic.

3) Provide logs/kick reasons/the name of who kicked you/hostmask if you know it.

4) Stop being a twit.

Vinyacoire
13th March 2008, 8:52 PM
I don't see anywhere else to post this, but seem to be the only one on this thread experiencing the problem. When I go to the chat, it tells me that it can't install the ActiveX programming, and my computer tells me that it doesn't recognize the designer of the program when I tell it to manually accept. Any ideas??

Erik Destler
19th April 2008, 6:55 AM
updated with new server lol wat

D-Boi
22nd April 2008, 1:39 PM
I can't seem to get into the main SPP chat. Log:

[18:25] Connecting...
[18:25] Logging in...
[18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Found your hostname
[18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.)
[18:25] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest3865[ppp-124-120-229-105.revip2.asianet.co.th] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.))
[18:25] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

It's all I get. Thing is, I haven't been to the chat for about a month now if I remember correctly. I've also decided to switch to mIRC(on my mother's laptop) hoping that I could have my problem solved and for easier access. But no dice. I don't know if it's my lack of experience or something. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tony

HotSkittyOnWailordAction
22nd April 2008, 2:17 PM
You got server banned. Visit the link in your G-line message.

Fenix
22nd April 2008, 6:55 PM
I can't seem to get into the main SPP chat. Log:

[18:25] Connecting...
[18:25] Logging in...
[18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** Found your hostname
[18:25] -patience.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.)
[18:25] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest3865[ppp-124-120-229-105.revip2.asianet.co.th] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (Open proxy found on your host. Please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=124.120.229.105 for more information. If you believe you were banned in error, please visit www.purplesurge.com.))
[18:25] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

It's all I get. Thing is, I haven't been to the chat for about a month now if I remember correctly. I've also decided to switch to mIRC(on my mother's laptop) hoping that I could have my problem solved and for easier access. But no dice. I don't know if it's my lack of experience or something. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tony

ugh.
The same thing happened to me in the past (it was a month ago iirc)
Apparently, the server's Ip scanner detected your ISP as a "suspicious" one and banned your IP. I even tried sending a mail to the servers admin, legend (legend@purplesurge.com), but he didn't reply or lift the ban.
I got eventually unbanned by asking one of the former IRCops of the server (Malice) to remove my ban, and he kindly asked Koneko/Michele (I'm not sure which) to unban me.
Sending a pm to Malice that goes by Sephirot in this forums might be a good idea. Remember to mention your IP: "ppp-124-120-229-105.revip2.asianet.co.th"

Sunkern
19th May 2008, 11:17 PM
Is there a problem with the chat at the moment? I havent been on in donkeys, got redirected to the irc.purplesurge.com server when I went to the old one, but when I get put on the new server, nothing happens at all. I click join channel and nothing happens =/

No doubt I'm being dense and missed something really obvious.

Edit - Solved myself.

physic_gal
12th June 2008, 5:16 AM
i'm sorry but how do you capture pokemon?

physic_gal
12th June 2008, 5:17 AM
how do you capture pokemon?

Shino.miya
15th June 2008, 10:27 AM
[00:02] Connecting...
[00:02] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

How can I Fix This?...Help!!...

Thanks in Advance

Gmel MkII
21st June 2008, 6:56 PM
So... I haven't been able to access the chat at all on this computer. When I click the Chat link on Serebii my browser window closes after a few seconds.

If it's my internet security like I'm guessing, I have no idea what would be doing that, or where to correct it. I'm using McAfee if that makes a difference.

Sapphire Milotic
21st June 2008, 10:55 PM
So... I haven't been able to access the chat at all on this computer. When I click the Chat link on Serebii my browser window closes after a few seconds.

If it's my internet security like I'm guessing, I have no idea what would be doing that, or where to correct it. I'm using McAfee if that makes a difference.

I think what your problem is, is that your internet browser does not have Java. Like if you were using Mozilla FireFox, you would have to download Java on to it. I think that if you were to download mIRC or something, you would be able to access the chat. You can download mIRC at mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com). ;p I think that would work, since mIRC does not use Java. So you may want to try that out. (The IRC server is irc.purplesurge.com).

Hope this helps. :]

Gmel MkII
22nd June 2008, 2:48 AM
I think what your problem is, is that your internet browser does not have Java. Like if you were using Mozilla FireFox, you would have to download Java on to it. I think that if you were to download mIRC or something, you would be able to access the chat. You can download mIRC at mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com). ;p I think that would work, since mIRC does not use Java. So you may want to try that out. (The IRC server is irc.purplesurge.com).

Hope this helps. :]
Yes, that worked. I was hoping I could just use the browser chat, but this will do anyway. Thank you.

Sapphire Milotic
22nd June 2008, 2:53 AM
I'm just happy to help. :]

Needs a Deoxys
2nd July 2008, 5:19 PM
I'm trying to get into wi-fi chat and I keep getting this: Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied

I don't understand the help site link and I don't understand what is really being said in this thread. What do I need to do?

yiazmat
27th September 2008, 10:05 AM
[16:00] Connecting...
[16:00] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 66.90.116.58:6667 connect,resolve) <---- thats what it says for me :(

Misaki-chi
27th September 2008, 10:17 AM
Try installing mIRC then. It doesn't run on Java. SPPScript thread is stickied in this forum.

Sapphire Milotic
4th October 2008, 8:49 PM
It could also be what your host is, they may be identifying it as a proxy or something, which they block. Check PurpleSurge (http://purplesurge.com) to see why you are being blocked, if it may be your host or something.

Mr. Mudkip
9th November 2008, 6:47 AM
It's stupid that if you literally type in <censored> you get kicked.

Petergames
14th December 2008, 11:54 PM
i cant get to enter....it says

on java

[22:30] Connecting...
[22:30] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect
[22:31] Connecting...
[22:31] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

on mirc

* Disconnected
-
* Connecting to irc.purplesurge.com (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

this thing is anyoing becouse i realy cant go in!

please help me....

Mitja
15th December 2008, 1:02 PM
i cant get to enter....it says

on java

[22:30] Connecting...
[22:30] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect
[22:31] Connecting...
[22:31] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

on mirc

* Disconnected
-
* Connecting to irc.purplesurge.com (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

this thing is anyoing becouse i realy cant go in!

please help me....

exactly same problem here =/

Fenix
15th December 2008, 5:00 PM
Check your Firewall/Antivirus and make sure that IRC is in the trust list.

Drake Pokétrainer
8th March 2009, 8:00 PM
For some reason, I can't get onto mIRC (I can go on the chat on serebii.net).
It keeps saying "unable to resolve server".

I've marked mIRC as an exception on my firewall so that can't be the reason.

Thanks in advance.

Ellie
8th March 2009, 8:55 PM
Have you been able to get on mIRC before this? Also, can you connect to the chat from the main site?

Drake Pokétrainer
8th March 2009, 9:08 PM
Nope, I haven't been able to go on mIRC before. I just wanted to try it again yesterday.
But I can connect via the main site.

Ellie
8th March 2009, 9:43 PM
So it's probably a problem with mIRC then.

Where did you download it from? The link from here gave me problems so I just downloaded plain mIRC from the site.

Yogurt
8th March 2009, 9:52 PM
You aren't putting in the right server. Use irc.purplesurge.com

Drake Pokétrainer
8th March 2009, 9:57 PM
Ok it's solved now. Thanks Ellie and Yogurt ^.^
I was using the wrong server.

iRock
22nd March 2009, 2:11 AM
Can someone help me?
I got kicked out of wifi chat, for asking once to have a battle. I don't know y i got kicked and i closed the screen and tried to open a new window so it mite work, but unfortunately didn't. Wat do i do to get back on?

Ellie
22nd March 2009, 2:15 AM
Try the "Banned Unfairly" thread instead. And give the required information when you post. Also re-read your kick message, as it might tell you why you were banned.

iRock
22nd March 2009, 2:20 AM
w8 a sec, ellie i think u banned me...i think

Gren Draco
13th April 2009, 1:34 PM
can someone help me
when i go onto the wifi chat site nothing comes up.
where the chatbox thing should be there's just nothing
and i downloaded mIRC and it says:
"irc is not a registered protocol." when i try to use that via the link on the wifichat site.
can someone help me?

GalladeTheGreat
6th May 2009, 3:05 AM
I read the first page and used most of the sites there but there all either down or do not work. I don't know what wrong considering I use IRC all the time.

Edit: Sorry about my IRC thread :P

Mattyboi830
26th June 2009, 9:55 PM
If you can't connect on one computer because you got kicked out, will it not let you get on with a different computer if you used it before also?

Peter Quill
26th June 2009, 10:34 PM
It depends on the length of the ban you have had. If you simply take 5 minutes to get to your other computer the ban will proabably already have been lifted.

If the I.P adress on your other comp is diffrent it is possible to get back in but that's evasion and is against the rules. Better just to wait. Because the ban only affects on I.P adress at a time it doesn't matter if you used it before.

If the I.P Adress is the same you have no chance.

Jarrk
8th July 2009, 12:11 AM
Hi there all;
I'm new to all this, as you can see, and i was wondering. I cannot connect to either the Serebii standard OR wifi chat! On top of that, i'm getting the same message for all 4 of my computers. [3 are Macs, 1s a PC]

[08:09] Connecting...
[08:09] Logging in...
[08:09] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[08:09] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
[08:09] Welcome to the PurpleSurge IRC Network WiFiGuest4148!WiFiGuest4@207.192.73.209
[08:09] *** Your nick is now WiFiGuest4148
[08:09] Your host is alias.purplesurge.com, running version Unreal3.2.8.1
[08:09] This server was created Mon Jun 1 2009 at 01:34:28 EDT
[08:09] alias.purplesurge.com Unreal3.2.8.1 iowghraAsORTVSxNCWqBzvdHtGp lvhopsmntikrRcaqOALQbSeIKVfMCuzNTGj
[08:09] CMDS=KNOCK,MAP,DCCALLOW,USERIP UHNAMES NAMESX SAFELIST HCN MAXCHANNELS=25 CHANLIMIT=#:25 MAXLIST=b:60,e:60,I:60 NICKLEN=30 CHANNELLEN=32 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 AWAYLEN=307 are supported by this server
[08:09] MAXTARGETS=20 WALLCHOPS WATCH=128 WATCHOPTS=A SILENCE=15 MODES=12 CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(qaohv)~&@%+ CHANMODES=beI,kfL,lj,psmntirRcOAQKVCuzNSMTG NETWORK=PurpleSurge CASEMAPPING=ascii EXTBAN=~,cqnr ELIST=MNUCT are supported by this server
[08:09] STATUSMSG=~&@%+ EXCEPTS INVEX are supported by this server
[08:09] There are 87 users and 536 invisible on 9 servers
[08:09] 16 operator(s) online
[08:09] 263 channels formed
[08:09] I have 231 clients and 0 servers
[08:09] Current LocalUsers: 231 Max: 284
[08:09] Current Global Users: 623 Max: 853
[08:09] - alias.purplesurge.com Message of the Day -
[08:09] - 1/6/2009 1:36
[08:09] - ___ _ __
[08:09] - / _ \_ _ _ __ _ __ | | ___/ _\_ _ _ __ __ _ ___
[08:09] - / /_)/ | | | '__| '_ \| |/ _ \ \| | | | '__/ _` |/ _ |
[08:09] - / ___/| |_| | | | |_) | | __/\ \ |_| | | | (_| | __/
[08:09] - \/ \__,_|_| | .__/|_|\___\__/\__,_|_| \__, |\___|
[08:09] - |_| |___/
[08:09] -
[08:09] - Welcome to PurpleSurge! ::: http://www.purplesurge.com
[08:09] - As our motto suggests, PurpleSurge strives to be
[08:09] - "Something Totally Different." Our goal is to provide
[08:09] - chat solutions to small online communities, as well
[08:09] - as offer a stable, safe, friendly environment for the
[08:09] - everyday visitor. We strive to make sure your chatting
[08:09] - experience is enjoyable and worth while. Please take a
[08:09] - moment to browse our channel listing. If you do not
[08:09] - find an area of personal interest, we invite you to
[08:09] - create your own room in order to form a place of
[08:09] - discussion that tailors to your own pastimes. If there
[08:09] - is anything we can do to make your time here more
08:09] - enjoyable, please let us know! Thank you for logging in
[08:09] - and taking the time to check us out. Have a good day.
[08:09] - --PurpleSurge Community
[08:09] - Please visit www.purplesurge.com/policies.html for an
[08:09] - overview of our network policies.
[08:09] - For IRC-related questions, join #Help.
[08:09] - To connect via SSL, use ssl.purplesurge.com (port 6697)
[08:09] - PurpleSurge will not unban you from a channel. If you
[08:09] - were accidentally or wrongfully banned from a channel,
[08:09] - you will need to speak with an operator from that room.
[08:09] End of /MOTD command.
[08:09] *** Mode changed to iwx
[08:09] -Global- [Logon News - Oct 25 2008] mIRC 6.35 has been released. If you use mIRC and have not already downloaded the update, please visit http://mirc.com/get.html to take advantage of the latest patches and features.
[08:09] -Global- [Logon News - Jun 12 2009] A big THANK YOU to everybody who participated in the Help Team survey. Your responses are being reviewed. We will prioritize the trends and act upon them in the upcoming weeks.
[08:09] -Global- [Logon News - Jul 05 2009] Want to learn from the experts about how to manage your channel? Come to our first workshop on Friday, July 10 @ 1 PM EST in #opskool. Please register on http://opskool.purplesurge.com See you there!

:l What's going on? And what does iwx mode refer to?
Please help me if you can! I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kunu
8th July 2009, 1:51 AM
How long do bans last?

Kunu
8th July 2009, 2:39 AM
Sorry to post twice and all but I remembered that I had forgotten to add that I have now been banned for 2 days.

Ellie
8th July 2009, 3:04 AM
There's an Edit button for a reason.

Bans can last a day or more if they're untimed. They're over when the list gets full and is cleared. If it's a server ban, it's permanent unless you can get an ircop to reverse it, and we can't do that.

Jarrk
8th July 2009, 3:15 AM
What about my problem?
Does anyone know what's happening?

Kunu
8th July 2009, 3:57 AM
How do you know when the server will get cleared?

Kirby
8th July 2009, 4:06 AM
Stop double posting. The ban list will be cleared when it gets full, when that is no one knows. Again, this topic is also not a "HEY I WAS BANNED WHEN WILL I BE UNBANNED" topic, so stop asking.

Jarrk
8th July 2009, 8:14 AM
I wasn't banned - i've hardly ever used the chat.
From the above message at the top of the page, *Mode changed to iwx*
What does this mean?

Cynthia
9th July 2009, 9:53 AM
jarrk you're having an issue unrelated to any ban it seems, you are not receiving any messages to indicate your computer being banned. Something appears to be in error with your chat client.

As this is a thread for bans there is nothing to be done within this thread, as for channel modes check for a list of IRC channel modes to see what those mean, I certainly do not know off the top of my head what they are.

Kunu
15th July 2009, 9:24 PM
I was in the chat and all of the sudden it was like what happens when you get kicked but I wasn't kicked it said this "Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect" exactly like that can anyone tell me what happened please. :(

Atreus
9th August 2009, 3:40 AM
If you can't visualize the chat applet make sure that you have a good version of Java

sundiatas
10th August 2009, 4:09 AM
Or get mIRC from mirc.com

That'll help you a lot better and the Java even works on my mother's laptop. I feel sorry that it isn't the same for you but not much I can say.

dukefan5
3rd September 2009, 10:31 PM
Ok, I was banned from spp-wifi because i said clone, and that is completely reasonable. I then disconnected because if i get banned, i disconnect, and I waited five minutes. I then tried to reconnect and it said cannot join channel (+b). I would now assume that it is an untimed ban, but to make sure i tried to reconnect a couple times. It was still the same, so it must be an untimed ban. But i read some stuff on here about evading bans, and I don't know what that means, so I am worried that I may have done it, since I have no clue what it is. Please tell me if I did so I don't do it again, and tell me if I was correct in assuming that it is an untimed ban.
Thank you for your time, and I accept full responsibility for the ban.

Dratini927
4th September 2009, 3:43 AM
You should be unbanned now.

Sometimes if it's a script ban, and the person who banned disconnects, then it ends up being untimed. Basically a glitch that our scripts have.

dukefan5
4th September 2009, 5:40 AM
Thank you, I am unbanned now, so the problem is resolved. Once again, thank you for your time.

jamesug07
5th September 2009, 2:09 AM
i also cant get in to the chat site but please post your name and friend code i have pokemon platinum i want to trade my name and friend code is lupon fc is 0302 8770 6581

Dratini927
5th September 2009, 2:51 AM
^ This isn't the place to post your friend codes and such.

peppershinyhunter
24th January 2010, 4:05 PM
Technology improves there is no crashing sites or anything like that

Dratini927
20th February 2010, 10:46 PM
Session limit exceeded means that there is more than 2 of yourself on the chat. This could be that you pinged out multiple times, and are trying to connect again too fast. Usually waiting about 5-10 minutes for your other "ghosts" to ping out will solve the problem.

Davidda
21st February 2010, 12:15 AM
Session limit exceeded means that there is more than 2 of yourself on the chat. This could be that you pinged out multiple times, and are trying to connect again too fast. Usually waiting about 5-10 minutes for your other "ghosts" to ping out will solve the problem.
more than 3*
Trust me, I know by own experience, hehe...

Dyon
29th April 2010, 7:07 PM
I'm trying 2 days to connect the chat, did almost everything, keep getting this error:
[16:23] Connecting...
[16:23] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect
Who can help me?
I downloaden mIRC, but dunno how it works, and downloaded java 6u20
;201-?;

iAkshay
19th June 2010, 4:19 AM
Hi, I've been trying to connect the chat recent, but I keep getting this this error:

Startup error : java.lang.Error: Unable to load interface pixx : java.lang.SecurityExeption: trust(then it cuts off from here)

Can anyone help me? I've downloaded mIRC from Cnet, but dunno how it works. The link to the mIRC on the Chat page is broken.

Please help! Thanks.

Needs a Deoxys
19th June 2010, 4:47 AM
I've been trying to get into the wifi chat and it keeps telling me to download Active X. I try to do that and it says windows has blocked it because it can't identify the publisher. I'm the administrator but no matter what I do, it won't let me on. I even tried installing Active X from somewhere else but it didn't work. I never had this problem until I moved to Windows 7.

Sorrel
4th August 2010, 5:37 PM
Hi! Um, I'm new to the forum, but not to the chat, and I can't get int the chat anymore! I click on th Wifi Chat link in serebii.net and it does bring me to the chat, but does not connect me to the right channel....is there an ID I can punch in (ex. /#serebii) to get it on the right channel? ;133; ;196; ;197;

Rocklee
11th August 2010, 2:29 AM
Hi umm i was banned from the total thing i mean purple surge how can i get that undone cause it seems like i was permanently banned for spamming at least that was what the thing said ... pls can someone help me....

ari nubar
18th August 2010, 6:38 PM
[19:38] Connecting...
[19:38] Logging in...
[19:38] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[19:38] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
[19:38] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=92.44.11.0&network=PurpleSurge. If you believe you were banned in error, please email kline@purplesurge.com.)
[19:38] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest7720[92.44.11.0] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=92.44.11.0&network=PurpleSurge. If you believe you were banned in error, please email kline@purplesurge.com.))
[19:38] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

I did nothing... When i turned on pc it wrote like this what should i do?

Fatal
19th August 2010, 12:46 AM
[19:38] Connecting...
[19:38] Logging in...
[19:38] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[19:38] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
[19:38] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=92.44.11.0&network=PurpleSurge. If you believe you were banned in error, please email kline@purplesurge.com.)
[19:38] Error : Closing Link: SPPGuest7720[92.44.11.0] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (You have a host listed in the DroneBL. For more information, visit http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=92.44.11.0&network=PurpleSurge. If you believe you were banned in error, please email kline@purplesurge.com.))
[19:38] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

I did nothing... When i turned on pc it wrote like this what should i do?

You'll have to talk to a server admin about that. We #SPP/#SPP-wifi ops cannot do anything about you being banned from the server.

ari nubar
20th August 2010, 11:10 PM
Guys thank you for helping i fixed the problem.

JakBenedict
4th September 2010, 5:49 AM
When i try to log on to either chat. It asks me if java is ok to run, I click yes.

From there the chat is just an all white square, and says "unable to load user interface."

I am on a brand new computer, so there is nothing wrong, and I was able to get into the chat the other day when i first got this computer.

Whahappen?

lemonator31
28th September 2010, 11:07 PM
I have never had chat issues in the past and am now getting this error when trying to connect:

Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Operation timed out

Any reason to this?

CliveKoopa
22nd October 2010, 7:10 PM
I just downloaded mIRC. I couldn't get into Java chat as it wouldn't work. But I'm not sure where to go to locate the SPP channel. I downloaded mIRC so I can maybe use several chatrooms at once and because its easier to use. Plus it says I need to register after 30 days. I used it before a few years ago as I was a member of some other chatrooms but decided to go back and can't remember how to locate servers. I don't think you really need to register anyway as I think it works anyway although it does get quite annoying when the register window pops up all the time.

EDIT: Never mind, I just found the chatroom and it works perfectly. There's just the registering problem to get past now. I also don't know if its possible to be on two servers at once.

demonue
3rd January 2011, 8:58 PM
My Java will not work on the wifi /chat. I wondered if it were because of windows 7? Also, MIRC link is broken and I downloaded one that I found although I don't know how to use it to make it work correctly for the chat. x.x

bobandbill
4th January 2011, 2:19 AM
Windows 7 should have no problems with Java versions of the chat at all. =|

With mIRC: Tools --> Options --> Under 'Connect' on the left bar, click Servers --> Add --> for IRC server, irc.purplesurge.com, for ports, 6667, close, connect, type /join #spp and/or /join #spp-wifi depending on which chatroom you want.

RalphDormanci
18th January 2011, 6:09 PM
How we doin!!!

RalphDormanci
18th January 2011, 6:13 PM
Whats goin on!!!

shadi1
24th January 2011, 4:01 AM
For some reason I cant access the Regular chat but i can access the WiFi chat Help?

Deku_Link
24th January 2011, 3:46 PM
Do you get any particular error message when you try to join the regular chat?

shadi1
24th January 2011, 6:03 PM
No it says cannot join SPP

Deku_Link
24th January 2011, 11:24 PM
If it specifically says "cannot join SPP" it means you're probably banned temporarily because you (or someone else on your home network) broke a rule. You should be allowed back in within the next few days.

italianbred94
18th February 2011, 3:25 AM
Hi, I've been trying to connect the chat recent, but I keep getting this this error:

Startup error : java.lang.Error: Unable to load interface pixx : java.lang.SecurityExeption: trust(then it cuts off from here)

Can anyone help me? I've downloaded mIRC from Cnet, but dunno how it works. The link to the mIRC on the Chat page is broken.

moot
18th February 2011, 8:52 AM

java is crap anyway
to get to #spp via mirc you need to add the server "irc.purplesurge.com" port 6667 and just join #spp (/join #spp)

Sachiel
13th March 2011, 12:40 AM
java is crap anyway
to get to #spp via mirc you need to add the server "irc.purplesurge.com" port 6667 and just join #spp (/join #spp)

That doesnt really answer the question clearly. How exactly do you enter the wifi chat at Serebii? Do you copy and paste what you said into the url address area and just press "Enter"?

How does this work? And the irc.purplesurge.com chat link doesnt work.

moot
13th March 2011, 4:26 PM
That doesnt really answer the question clearly. How exactly do you enter the wifi chat at Serebii? Do you copy and paste what you said into the url address area and just press "Enter"?

How does this work? And the irc.purplesurge.com chat link doesnt work.

From where? mIRC?

you need to configure the server first, this is done by adding irc.purplesurge.com into the servers (Tools > options > servers > add) and then by typing /join #spp-wifi into the text entry field at the bottom of the window (where you would type any message)

TheDoctor078
19th March 2011, 8:56 PM
I have the same problem as above, but it's the applet which isn't loading, so I cannot access any of the formentioned controls. Help!

moot
20th March 2011, 12:51 PM
I have the same problem as above, but it's the applet which isn't loading, so I cannot access any of the formentioned controls. Help!

Have you connected via the applet before? You might just wanna try reinstaling java, but if that doesn't work you should try mibbit, chatzilla or a dedicated IRC client

Caityluu
28th March 2011, 8:21 PM
I can't join anything PurpleSurge IRC related. I get this:
[11:17] Connecting...
[11:17] Logging in...
[11:17] Disconnected from irc.purplesurge.com

any ideas?

`Darko
28th March 2011, 8:44 PM

any ideas?

I'm getting the same problem.

Caityluu
28th March 2011, 8:54 PM
And suddenly it's working. IDEK. I certainly didn't do anything.

TyplosionExplosion
28th March 2011, 10:19 PM

any ideas?
I'm having that exact same error when I try to go onto the chat, and when I try to re-connect, I keep getting the error, on both Wifi chat and regular chat. Anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: And now, I'm getting this message whenever I try to connect:
[15:21] Connecting...
[15:21] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

Deku_Link
29th March 2011, 5:14 AM
If you're still having that problem, try using PurpleSurge's applet: http://www.purplesurge.com/chat.html
(when you connect, type /join #spp or /join #spp-wifi)

If that's not working either, then it may be a problem on your end with respect to running Java applets, in which case I would recommend installing mIRC or another IRC program.

firepokemontrainer
29th March 2011, 6:26 AM
What if it says I was banned, but I have done nothing to get banned?

moot
29th March 2011, 12:05 PM
What if it says I was banned, but I have done nothing to get banned?

enquire here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=396796)

Dualslasher
1st April 2011, 1:48 AM
I get so confused with all of this techie computer stuff. All's I know is that when I try chat it doesn't work, and when I try to download that mirC thingimajig it says the page doesn't exist, then it tells me to send an email and I have no idea how to do that. I'm lost

Artorias
1st April 2011, 1:49 AM
Broken link. Plus SPPScript is craptastic to begin with. You're better off downloading the base mIRC client.

TheAwesomeOne
2nd April 2011, 9:00 PM
Can I start a thread for a Clan chat?
I don't know where else to put one.

shadow000
3rd April 2011, 1:53 AM
thx alot. this helps! :)

Istanbul
9th April 2011, 4:10 AM
I can't log in at all. In fact, when I tried to ping irc.purplesurge.com, I got 100% packet loss. Any idea what's going on?

Dualslasher
10th April 2011, 11:50 PM
Umm i was told to download a mIRC client. What's that?? HELP ME I REALLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHAT AGAIN. :(

Dualslasher
11th April 2011, 12:30 AM
I seem to get the good old red x in a white box in the top right corner, and still mIRC apparently doesn't exist. Help me. I've even been on chat before, but now it doesn't work.

Deku_Link
11th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Dualslasher:

I wrote an install guide for a blank copy of mIRC somewhere else a while ago. Here's an edited version of it. Let me know if it works or not, I kinda wrote it a year ago. Click on the links contained to see picture examples of what to do at each step (the pictures are from mIRC v. 6.21, but 6.17 isn't much different).

You can get the most recent version of mIRC from http://www.mirc.com , but before recently, payment to use the program after 30 days was not mandatory. It's only 20 dollars, but most people just opt to use an older version instead that didn't require payment. Older versions can be found at http://www.oldversion.com/mIRC.html . I don't remember which versions required payment and which ones didn't (if anyone knows, please let me know and I'll update this). I'm pretty sure version 6.17 is your best bet, so I'll be using examples from it.

Download mIRC 6.17 from oldversion. Run the installer (a full install is not mandatory, but it doesn't eat up much hard drive space so you might as well just run with it). When it is done, launch the program. A window will come up prompting you to register, just exit out of that window.

Your client should now look like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/pidgezero_one/luna/1.png
You need to fill in all four of these fields, or else it will not connect you.
Don't worry, you don't actually need to supply your full name and e-mail address! The e-mail address field is actually a field that will only return 10 characters when accessed anyway, so just put anything you want there. Same goes for the Full Name field, except you can put however many characters you want.

Your nickname should be the name you want to use. The name cannot begin with a number, but it can have numbers and letters in it, as well as ^, `, -, _, [, ], {, }, |, and \ (but not /). Your Alternative is a place to put the name you would like to use if your first choice is unavailable.

Once you're done that, click on "Servers" (in the treebar on the left).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/pidgezero_one/luna/2.png
Don't worry about that stuff in the list. Just click the Add button, and fill it out like this:
Description: PurpleSurge: Random server
IRC Server: irc.purplesurge.com
Ports: 6667
Group: PurpleSurge
Leave Password blank.
Then click "Add".

You'll be taken back to the window, where you'll see "PurpleSurge" in the "IRC Network" list. Select it!

Click OK. The options window will close.

Next thing to do. At the top of the window, you will see a toolbar that looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/pidgezero_one/luna/8.png
Click the third icon from the left. The window that pops up will have two checkboxes. Uncheck "Pop up favorites on connect", but leave "Enable join on connect" checked.

Now, click the Add button, and a new popup window will appear. Where it says "Channel", put #SPP. Check the box that says "Join on connect". Under the Networks drop-down list, click "Add". A new pop-up will come up prompting you to select a network. Select PurpleSurge, and then click OK.
Leave everything else in the channel-adding popup blank, and click OK.

If you would also like to join #SPP-wifi automatically, repeat everything in the last paragraph, except replace #SPP with #SPP-wifi.

Now, in the channels window, click OK. You'll be taken back to your blank screen.

Remember the toolbar at the top? Click the first icon on the left, the one that looks like a lightning bolt.

Congrats, you're now connected! Next time you load mIRC, just click that button, and it should bring you right back without having to go through all this setup again.

Dualslasher
11th April 2011, 12:53 AM
Is anyone else having MIRC connection issues? For some reason I can't get onto the dejatoons server to get to #spp or #spp-wifi. I have mIRC and and I can't seem to connect period. I am using the correct server. So, is anyone else having this problem?

LX

Yeah I have the exact same problem. I get so confused with this high techie stuff.

Deku_Link
11th April 2011, 1:00 AM
Dualslasher, just follow the instructions on my last post on page 10.

Dualslasher
11th April 2011, 1:05 AM
WOOHOO after months of no chat, I have can chat ty so much all of u ppls! :]

kaiser soze
20th April 2011, 8:39 AM
best way to get to chat if youre on mac?

Deku_Link
20th April 2011, 8:53 PM
The java chats should still work for you, but if they don't, try downloading Colloquy. I've never used it before, but you need to connect to irc.purplesurge.com and join #SPP and/or #SPP-wifi

rodrigobarg
30th April 2011, 7:07 PM
Ahh it says "open proxy found on your host" bla bla bla and I can't connect to the chat...

Mareena
5th May 2011, 12:35 AM
[ 18:35:15 ] * Connecting to irc.purplesurge.com (6667)
[ 18:35:16 ] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
[ 18:35:16 ] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** Found your hostname (cached)
[ 18:35:16 ] -alias.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (ircnet.eversible.com-#9x9pub)
[ 18:35:16 ] Closing Link: Mareena[adsl-98-64-150-208.mia.bellsouth.net] (User has been banned from PurpleSurge (ircnet.eversible.com-#9x9pub))

wut.

I check #spp logs and mostly everyone has been banned. o_O

Renelia
5th May 2011, 12:42 AM
We've been hit by a rogue IRC op that took over PurpleSurge and banned everyone from #spp and #spp-wifi. I'm not sure if he's still on, but he took out the main senior IRC ops out and took over the server for his own.

iamBGS
5th May 2011, 12:47 AM
Ugh, I figured it was something like that. It's been nothing but attacks lately, and it's really getting tiresome. :|

Spin is MIA
10th May 2011, 5:07 AM
So it says I don't have the required plugin for the Wi-Fi Chat. Help?

moot
10th May 2011, 10:50 AM
you need to install java from here (http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp)

Seacolt
22nd May 2011, 8:33 AM
Gosh, hope the chat is running up again. It drives me nuts, when I can't get in to chat and to see what others are saying...

Naoto Shirogane
17th June 2011, 4:06 PM
is any1 elses chat not working or is it just mine

Dratini927
18th June 2011, 5:05 AM
^ Are you getting error messages? Or is the chat app. just not loading up?

Naoto Shirogane
18th June 2011, 6:47 PM
its kk now java been messing up alot because it says i need a verify dll well im missing it and cant uninstall it to s kind f sucks relly but useing this other thing to go on chat

Dratini927
19th June 2011, 4:10 AM
Yeah sometimes Java is blocked by either your router or the server (school, home, business) you're connecting from.

There is also a website called www.mibbit.com that bypasses a lot of Java exceptions and allows people to enter the chat.

Dualslasher
9th July 2011, 2:44 AM
I still have chat, but whenever i get onto the first screen it says something like i need to register. I can still access chat, but i want to know if I don't register, will i be unable to access chat? Plz help

Vikinqz
3rd September 2011, 11:38 PM
When I try to join a chat it doesn't even load the box it's a black box with the x at the top corner, it's happened for every computer I've tried it on, I have java and everything? I'm not a real computer tech so I can't really figure this stuff out (: So if anyone could message me or email me at xvikinqz@gmail.com, That'd be much appreciated.

-Vikinqz

No. 1 Machop Fan
4th September 2011, 12:39 AM
Your best bet would be to get a client called mIRC. Once you do, connect to irc.purplesurge.com and type "/j SPP".

TheEnigma
28th October 2011, 2:58 AM
I can't go to chat. Is the server down or something?

No. 1 Machop Fan
28th October 2011, 6:02 AM
I can't go to chat. Is the server down or something?

Does it say "Cannot join channel (+b)"?

lovelyfisher
13th November 2011, 5:11 PM
hey guys, its not letting me join the chat. Whenever I try to join it says something like this: Startup error: "java.lang.Error: Unable to load interface pixx: java.lang.SecurityException: trust" and I can't read the rest as it goes off of the page. Any suggestions?

Cosmic Fury
16th November 2011, 5:43 AM
The chat box only shows a blank picture with an X in the top, right hand corner...

I tried refreshing the page several times, and clicked the download link for the mIRC in the explanation below--and got a 404 error, and the site is telling me the page does not exist...?

I had to search for the program on google, but I got lost right when I opened it. :(

FIRE_POWAH
9th February 2012, 7:01 AM
i read what you said and im just lost im very dumb when it comes to computers please help this primative caveman :172bros:

FIRE_POWAH
9th February 2012, 7:15 AM
hey guys, its not letting me join the chat. Whenever I try to join it says something like this: Startup error: "java.lang.Error: Unable to load interface pixx: java.lang.SecurityException: trust" and I can't read the rest as it goes off of the page. Any suggestions?

the same thing is happening to me now v.v

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
16th February 2012, 2:27 PM
wont load for me

Valoo.
16th February 2012, 4:01 PM
wont load for me
You need to have Java downloaded to load the chat.

Hachiushima
24th February 2012, 8:42 AM
I don't think this is a good idea because everyone here for chat if they bane us only for chat then how we can talk to others,..............

talisgherondil24
4th May 2012, 11:55 PM

KingWiggins
5th May 2012, 2:29 AM
There's a chat????

32er
5th May 2012, 4:28 AM
There's a chat????Yes.
http://serebii.net/chat.shtml

moot
5th May 2012, 3:48 PM

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?166-Clans

KingWiggins
5th May 2012, 6:55 PM
Yes.
http://serebii.net/chat.shtml

I know you sent a link, but how do you get on it...? It won't let me on, and won't let me Update stuff for it to work either.

32er
5th May 2012, 11:32 PM
I know you sent a link, but how do you get on it...? It won't let me on, and won't let me Update stuff for it to work either.

You need Java.
There's another way via the chat host's website but I forgot that. :/

OneActor
25th May 2012, 11:10 PM
Would anyone know how to make the chat work on an iPad?

Kaiserin
26th May 2012, 1:59 AM
Would anyone know how to make the chat work on an iPad?

Try this app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/colloquy-irc-client/id302000478?mt=8), if you're not already? I'd assume it works better than trying to get the browser to cooperate with IRC applets, anyway.

kielsmergle
31st May 2012, 9:43 PM
whenever i click on wifi chat it goes to the same place with all the rules but the chat never comes up is it down or some thing i havent ben baned to my knolage

32er
1st June 2012, 12:25 AM
whenever i click on wifi chat it goes to the same place with all the rules but the chat never comes up is it down or some thing i havent ben baned to my knolage
Maybe you don't have Java?

Also, would it be possible to make the chat work on Wii or 3DS? I'm guessing no but it'd be nice.

kielsmergle
1st June 2012, 10:23 PM
thanks for trying to help the chat ha worked many times befor so i dont know what to do

firenzeadelaire14
11th June 2012, 11:50 PM
I don't think this is a good idea because everyone here for chat if they bane us only for chat then how we can talk to others.

PS: How can I install java?

Jiggly
16th June 2012, 9:04 PM
I don't think this is a good idea because everyone here for chat if they bane us only for chat then how we can talk to others.

PS: How can I install java?

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Obtain it from there, and follow the on screen instructions.

sparky3000
2nd August 2012, 5:52 AM
I can't get chat to work, it says
" [20:51] #SPP-WiFi You need a registered nick to join that channel." I did, and its not going

moot
2nd August 2012, 6:58 AM
there was a botnet problem earlier so you temporarily can't join unless you're registered (to prevent it happening again)

Maylu Sakurai
2nd August 2012, 7:25 PM
i have a registered nick name on purplesurge and i cant even get in now it said invite only why the +I flag you guys......

moot
2nd August 2012, 8:46 PM
i have a registered nick name on purplesurge and i cant even get in now it said invite only why the +I flag you guys......

there are still botnets happening, the server staff set +i i think

Green Blockhead
19th November 2012, 9:16 PM
Sorry for the bump, but how do I see why I've been banned? Last time I was banned for 5 minutes and now I can't get on thanks to +b...

No. 1 Machop Fan
19th November 2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry for the bump, but how do I see why I've been banned? Last time I was banned for 5 minutes and now I can't get on thanks to +b...

Why not ask in the Unfair Bans thread? You might be able to get a more clear-cut answer there.

moot
20th November 2012, 2:55 AM

give us your nick (hostmask if you have it) and i will be able to find out why

Green Blockhead
20th November 2012, 8:04 AM
Usually I go by the name Peter.

Hostname: PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com

or "patience.purplesurge.com Patience... a common virtue", though I'm not sure that's a hostmask.

moot
20th November 2012, 8:12 AM
Usually I go by the name Peter.

Hostname: PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com

or "patience.purplesurge.com Patience... a common virtue", though I'm not sure that's a hostmask.

[08:48] <KingPokemon> Hello you feckless maggots! I am KingPokemon. Days ago I was recently told to shut up by a nincomp0op named Noctis. Prove your worth by challenging me and my Grimer to a battle or I'll screw your wife!
[08:49] <KingPokemon> Action Replay.
[08:49] * Mismagius sets mode: +b *!*@PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com
[08:49] • *!*@PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com • This ban affects: KingPokemon
[08:49] * KingPokemon was kicked by afk (Cheating device discussion is NOT allowed! (5 minute ban))
[08:50] * Yu sets mode: -b *!*@PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com
[08:50] * Yu sets mode: +b *!*@PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com
[08:50] • *!*@PurpleSurge-D6F50FD8.bb.sky.com • This ban affects no one.