PDA

View Full Version : Different People for the next Gen. Show?

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 3:51 PM
Who besides me thinks that it's a good idea for there to be a new main character in the anime? Since the next generation is on a different system why not start with all new people for the anime? I'm getting kinda sick of seeing Ash all the time and TR in every single episode. What are your feelings on this? Please discuss and post your ideas.

D/P

The Big Al
12th November 2005, 3:57 PM
I certainly do. Not only that, I'd fire the entire writing staff since they're just as bad as the characters. Why not start fresh for real this time? (And not give 4Kids dubbing rights.)

Geki
12th November 2005, 3:58 PM
I want the same characters for next region, I would hate it if they changed the whole show around, possibly not even watch it. But I do agree that 4Kids shouldn't dub the next region, I for one would love having VIZ dub.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 4:00 PM
I certainly do. Not only that, I'd fire the entire writing staff since they're just as bad as the characters. Why not start fresh for real this time? (And not give 4Kids dubbing rights.)

I agree. That's like exactly what I meant. I mean yes I like seeing pikachu but come on we've seen ash for what I think 7 seasons straight. That's a little too much Ash for one series. Since it's a new gen. on a new syestem why not make the anime totally new as well.

D/P

Geki
12th November 2005, 4:03 PM
I agree. That's like exactly what I meant. I mean yes I like seeing pikachu but come on we've seen ash for what I think 7 seasons straight. That's a little too much Ash for one series. Since it's a new gen. on a new syestem why not make the anime totally new as well.

D/P

Because the anime would suck. XD

MaskedManAbsolkid
12th November 2005, 4:06 PM
I think Brock should leave, maybe Max could get a purpose or leave. No, being annoying isn't a purpose. Ash will be, close to obviously, in the next region. May might be too, even if contests aren't in D/P, they could make contest halls. I'd like the rival of D/P to be Ash's rival. But I'd prefer it if an anime character was created for a partner instead of someone from the games.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 4:07 PM
Because the anime would suck. XD

No it wouldn't I think it would make it much more interesting to have new people and new pokemon. Like I said I get tired of seeing Pikachu in every episode.

Haine
12th November 2005, 4:11 PM
They will never get rid of Satoshi. The show is about HIS journey. He is also named after the guy who created Pocket Monsters in the first place.

The Big Al
12th November 2005, 4:25 PM
Yes but he's been the main character for 9 YEARS. That's longer than Star Trek: The Next Generation was on. Seriously, we need some fresh blood. Who knows, the new main character might have even greater sex appeal than Ash.

Zak
12th November 2005, 4:36 PM
The fact that he's been a main character for 8 years makes it even harder to take him away just like that. Plus, I remember Hoenn and Johto both having theories that he'd leave before they started.

~Zak

CyberCubed
12th November 2005, 4:40 PM
Well I don't mind if the supporting characters change, but Ash and May should continue.

Otherwise what was the point? Why did we watch Ash for 9 years and May for 4 years if neither of them would have achieved their goal? What's the point of taking all the buildup for these two characters and throwing them out the window?

Besides, you DO realize that new characters would do the SAME exact thing? We'd have some new 10 year old boy going to Gyms, some new 10 year old boy making friends with every trainer he sees, and some new 10 year old boy making a fool out of himself in battles.

I don't want to see a beginning trainer AGAIN. We saw that with Ash in Kanto. We saw that with May in Hoenn. Why do you want to watch yet another 10 year old doing the exact same thing that Ash/May do?

I doubt they'd ever get rid of Ash (or Pikachu) either, since they're the mascots of Pokemon. May is too much of a main character to drop her either. Brock or Max may not be in the next series, and we might get a new character joining the group, but that's probably it.

+Chaos Blade+
12th November 2005, 4:46 PM
Who besides me thinks that it's a good idea for there to be a new main character in the anime? Since the next generation is on a different system why not start with all new people for the anime? I'm getting kinda sick of seeing Ash all the time and TR in every single episode. What are your feelings on this? Please discuss and post your ideas.

D/P

I....do kind of agree. To you and The Big Al.

In the American anime, Ash, since he's 14-15 in the Japanese anime, is acting like a two-year-old. For God's sakes man, grow up!

Fire 4Kids, IMO. They make everything too kiddy [In Yu-Gi-Oh GX, I bet that the "Hot Sauce" is actually alcohol, am I right?]. Anyway, 4Kids has too much on their hands, and yes, although Pokémon is their greatest moneymaker, they still have One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, and a few other shows that are much more worth it.

I think the Pokémon series should start fresh, and have new characters, a new staff, et cetera. Seven seasons of a two-year-old is just utter bull.

+Chaos Blade+

CyberCubed
12th November 2005, 4:49 PM
I think the Pokémon series should start fresh, and have new characters, a new staff, et cetera. Seven seasons of a two-year-old is just utter bull.

Yes, because Ash is suppossed to act like a macho man and walk around with a mohawk spewing out slang and rap after he beats his opponents.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 4:49 PM
I....do kind of agree. To you and The Big Al.

In the American anime, Ash, since he's 14-15 in the Japanese anime, is acting like a two-year-old. For God's sakes man, grow up!

Fire 4Kids, IMO. They make everything to kiddy [In Yu-Gi-Oh GX, I bet that the "Hot Sauce" is actually alcohol, am I right?]. Anyway, 4Kids has too much on their hands, and yes, although Pokémon is their greatest moneymaker, they still have One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, and a few other shows that are much more worth it.

+Chaos Blade+

My thoughts exactly!

Diamond and Pearl

+Chaos Blade+
12th November 2005, 4:53 PM
Yes, because Ash is suppossed to act like a macho man and walk around with a mohawk spewing out slang and rap after he beats his opponents.

No, CyberCubed. He should act, at the least, like a ten-year-old, better yet, 13. Having a mohawk and rapping after everything won't even make sense. Ash should either grow up and get mature, or just leave this altogether.

+Chaos Blade+

Haine
12th November 2005, 4:55 PM
Satoshi does act his age and in fact older at times. He has matured greatly over the years...or do you only watch Season 1?

And they will never get rid of him so keep dreaming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/hotash/Image.jpg
Notice how it is about his journey.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 4:57 PM
Satoshi does act his age and in fact older at times. He has matured greatly over the years...or do you only watch Season 1?

And they will never get rid of him so keep dreaming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/hotash/Image.jpg
Notice how it is about his journey.

Yeah but he could full fill his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master. You don't just have to beat the Pokemon League to be a Pokemon Master. Or maybe he'll just want to go home. Which would give us an opening for a new character and new region.

Diamond and Pearl

MaskedManAbsolkid
12th November 2005, 5:06 PM
Ash acts his own age, like Toto said.

Chaos Blade, One Piece has been turned more kiddish than Pokemon. Alcohol was changed with Juice, a ciggy was switched with a lollipop, and more.

If you hate Ash, you'd like the Chronicles. Since the show is apparently always about Ash, why not watch it, because it's made so we can see other characters.

Haine
12th November 2005, 5:10 PM
Yeah but he could full fill his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master. You don't just have to beat the Pokemon League to be a Pokemon Master. Or maybe he'll just want to go home. Which would give us an opening for a new character and new region.

Diamond and Pearl
Which will never happen and if it did I would boycott the show.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 5:12 PM
Which will never happen and if it did I would boycott the show.

Never say never. You know how KidsWB! is. They do some pretty unexpected things sometimes. I would've liked it if the creaters of Pokemon made the show then it would probably be better.

Haine
12th November 2005, 5:18 PM
They do not make the show. It is made in Japan. All they do is dub it.

Lil Brother
12th November 2005, 5:18 PM
The only change in Ash I would like? Get him to notice girls once in a while! :P Not to Brock's extent, buuut...

The line-up for the D/P saga. I couldn't see May and Max seperating. So it all depends on if they want to go solo, stop and go back home, stay with Ash or whatever. Brock really needs to leave. His character is very dry (or the writers made him dry, pick one). As much as we would all love to see Brendan and Wally, the ship is already long gone for that one. Hmm. Maybe Ash, May, Max, and the new D/P boy or girl? But don't give the one that's not in the group a split-second appearance in one of the movies! Make them a recurring character, but more recurring than Gary, Harley, Drew, etc. We need more recurring characters love, not just three to five appearances per reigon. T.T

Edit: Hey, Toto, ya slipped up! Clarity: 4Kids dubs the show to English, KidsWB! airs it in America.

ember rocks
12th November 2005, 5:35 PM
Well I don't mind if the supporting characters change, but Ash and May should continue.

Otherwise what was the point? Why did we watch Ash for 9 years and May for 4 years if neither of them would have achieved their goal? What's the point of taking all the buildup for these two characters and throwing them out the window?

Besides, you DO realize that new characters would do the SAME exact thing? We'd have some new 10 year old boy going to Gyms, some new 10 year old boy making friends with every trainer he sees, and some new 10 year old boy making a fool out of himself in battles.

I don't want to see a beginning trainer AGAIN. We saw that with Ash in Kanto. We saw that with May in Hoenn. Why do you want to watch yet another 10 year old doing the exact same thing that Ash/May do?

I doubt they'd ever get rid of Ash (or Pikachu) either, since they're the mascots of Pokemon. May is too much of a main character to drop her either. Brock or Max may not be in the next series, and we might get a new character joining the group, but that's probably it.

I agree with CyberCubed It would be probably be rubbish if they start with a new trainer and i think it will be Ash and the gang again in diamond and pearl reigions and probably get someone new to join the gang who's in the diamond and pearl region.

Water Spirit
12th November 2005, 6:01 PM
Toto and Cybercubed are right. They won't get rid of Ash from the show, even if he does win the Pokemon League. Why? Well use a bit of common sense. You've won a title 'Oh yay! I won the League! Yipee!' - might be a bit big headed for a bit but judging by Ash's maturity, he'll want to keep facing new challenges and look for more competitions to fight in.

I mean look what happened with the Orange League - he won that and is still going out on adventures.

*shrugs* It seems unlikely that they'd get rid of him and if they wanted variety, they'd sway some of the other characters about like bring back old characters or add a new face, I imagine. If they want to introduce a new character for D/P, they'll do it in the Hosos probably.

Satoshi
12th November 2005, 6:37 PM
They will not get rid of Satoshi-tachi or Rocket-dan or any other character. These are the writers we're talking about, you know, the ones that are really uncreative and repetive? Satoshi and the others have been in the series' francise since Pocket Monsters to Pocket Monsters Advance Generation, so it's to late for them to just take him off of the anime, they have become (how should I put it ? ) molds in the anime, as in they'll never be taken out. Not to mention, Satoshi is named after Satoshi Tajiri, the man that created Pokemon, so no, the writers are not going to take out a character that's based off the creator, no matter what. But it's a possibility that they can replace Haruka, Masato, Takeshi, Rocket-dan, etc, but not Satoshi.

Never say never. You know how KidsWB! is. They do some pretty unexpected things sometimes. I would've liked it if the creaters of Pokemon made the show then it would probably be better.
KidsWB doesn't make the Pokemon anime, anime is made in Japan, and KidsWB is an American company.

And, Toto, they don't dub it, they just air it on their channel. The only time KidsWB had part in editing the Pokemon anime, was when they changed Snap's name into Todd.

Lil Brother
12th November 2005, 6:46 PM
The only time KidsWB had part in editing the Pokemon anime, was when they changed Snap's name into Todd.And how they randomly changed Ash's badge case. >> And probably a few other tiny things here and there.

+Chaos Blade+
12th November 2005, 8:10 PM
-Absol-, I can't watch the Chronicles as of yet. I'm broke, and I'm in America, so I can't see it on TV yet.

Toto, I watch all seasons, and instead of him maturing, he is getting a little bit immature. In what ways? One: when he loses a battle, he gets ****** off sometimes, especially against Brawly. He could just accept defeat, but no, he just got *****y and offended everyone.

And Cybercubed, if the writers are good as they say [in Japan], they could make another ten-year-old, or an eleven-year-old, or twelve-year-old, whatever, and make his or her personality different than that of Ash's. Having another 400+ episodes of Ash-like ways is stupid. That's why a new character should have another personality different than Ash.

+Chaos Blade+

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 8:14 PM
-Absol-, I can't watch the Chronicles as of yet. I'm broke, and I'm in America, so I can't see it on TV yet.

Toto, I watch all seasons, and instead of him maturing, he is getting a little bit immature. In what ways? One: when he loses a battle, he gets ****** off sometimes, especially against Brawly. He could just accept defeat, but no, he just got *****y and offended everyone.

And Cybercubed, if the writers are good as they say [in Japan], they could make another ten-year-old, or an eleven-year-old, or twelve-year-old, whatever, and make his or her personality different than that of Ash's. Having another 400+ episodes of Ash-like ways is stupid. That's why a new character should have another personality different than Ash.

+Chaos Blade+

Exactly what I was trying to say just worded different and better.

Diamond and Pearl

Zoy_Herotic
12th November 2005, 8:17 PM
I think they should keep Ash, but get rid of Team Rocket, or at least put them in SOME episodes, not ALL the episodes. I reckon they introduce a new female character, one that collects badges like Ash

+Chaos Blade+
12th November 2005, 8:24 PM
Zoy, if they insert another character that collects badges, I doubt the episodes will be creative, because if it's Gym, gym, gym, gym, League, it's going to get tedious...quick...

+Chaos Blade+

Rex Kamex
12th November 2005, 9:09 PM
But it's a possibility that they can replace Haruka, Masato, Takeshi, Rocket-dan, etc, but not Satoshi.

May? Once she entered the show, she became the co-star of it to Ash. May's not gonna go anywhere. She has a higher role on the show than Misty ever did, anyway.

CyberCubed
12th November 2005, 9:12 PM
May's pretty much the second most important character in the entire series, only Ash is more important than her.

The Big Al
12th November 2005, 9:13 PM
Actually it would be nice if they made a spin off series. (Like make a seperate series from the Ranger plotline). Perhaps have crossover every once and while between the two animes.

Satoshi
12th November 2005, 10:00 PM
May? Once she entered the show, she became the co-star of it to Ash. May's not gonna go anywhere. She has a higher role on the show than Misty ever did, anyway.
I said possibility. I didn't say Haruka was going to leave, nor did I say anyone's going to leave. I just said any supporting character has more of a chance to leave if they're going to start fresh with new characters except for Satoshi. And I didn't bring up Kasumi in my post, but yeah, Haruka has a bigger role than her, but that's kind of off-topic.

Yes, Haruka's never (well, I wouldn't say never) going to leave Advance Generation, since she is the co-star of Advance Generation. But it is a possibility that all of the characters would leave except for Satoshi (since he's based off of the creator) if they decide to start fresh. But no one would ever be taken out of the show, it's to late now.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 10:49 PM
I said possibility. I didn't say Haruka was going to leave, nor did I say anyone's going to leave. I just said any supporting character has more of a chance to leave if they're going to start fresh with new characters except for Satoshi. And I didn't bring up Kasumi in my post, but yeah, Haruka has a bigger role than her, but that's kind of off-topic.

Yes, Haruka's never (well, I wouldn't say never) going to leave Advance Generation, since she is the co-star of Advance Generation. But it is a possibility that all of the characters would leave except for Satoshi (since he's based off of the creator) if they decide to start fresh. But no one would ever be taken out of the show, it's to late now.

But after the Advance Generation is over then it won't be advance generation. It will be something different.

+Chaos Blade+
12th November 2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, in 4Kids' eyes, it'd be: Pokémon: Lots of Pun! XP

They use too many puns in their show titles, even in episodes.

+Chaos Blade+

CyberCubed
12th November 2005, 10:52 PM
But after the Advance Generation is over then it won't be advance generation. It will be something different.

Does that really matter? I don't see why that would mean they wouldn't use Ash and/or May in the next region. Characters can star in many regions you know.

Samayowa
12th November 2005, 11:00 PM
Does that really matter? I don't see why that would mean they wouldn't use Ash and/or May in the next region. Characters can star in many regions you know.

Yes, I know. -_-

Orion-Sama
12th November 2005, 11:01 PM
I'd like to see new characters... but it's true that the main ones haven't achieved their goals. And as it goes, I doubt we'll see any creativity in the Anime, ever...

I'm glad that they added May, though. And that they gave thought and time for her goal instead of focusing 100% on Ash... she's unlikely to be ditched anytime soon.

I'd like to see Brock go, though. No matter how much I like him. He just saves the group from starvation, and just became Fan Service fodder (Which isn't of good quality as the Kanto one anyway...). They should find a Breeding Center in need, and then Brock stays there for good, furthering the dream he never did at last...

He should be replaced by the FR/LG Girl, whom would be a good cooker, a Trainer and the compensation for the lost Fan Service fodder. :D

Max COULD stay if they're planning on starting his own journey, if at all. Even so, he could leave to work on his own, and be a recurring character.

I know that'll never happen, though. They just don't have the brains to come with such nice ideas, and it seems they're stuck in the "1 girl in the group" paradigm... :rolleyes:

PokeTrainer7783
13th November 2005, 12:27 AM
I second that! I am also tired of seeing Ash and Pikachu. I mean it was fun in the beginning but now Ash and his gang just bores me to death. And if their gonna use the same characters at least change the storyline a little. I mean seeing Team Rocket get blasted off every episode and a new city journey type thing just isn't original anymore.

Rex Kamex
13th November 2005, 12:41 AM

I know you didn't bring Misty up, I was just mentioning that May's role was higher than hers. (Besides, Misty's basically already gone...)

Anyway, I'd like to see the FR/LG girl myself. (I don't care about the boy since he looks like Ash.) She could just stop by, or May could go as far as to change her hairstyle and clothes like that girl. XD (That would be weird, considering their hairstyles are completely different, even though they are brown.)

Mew2
13th November 2005, 1:18 AM
I'd also like to see the FR/LG girl replace Brock. Brock has become repetitive and boring. The FR/LG girl would be a breath of fresh air for the show if they do her correctly. I'd also like there to be more focus on the bad guys of the D/P region. Have it be that collecting badges becomes almost secondary for Ash and have his real mission be the defeat of the enemy force in D/P. And at the end, HAVE ASH WIN THE LEAGUE! He's gone on for long enough without winning any major league, he deserves a win now and will probably have a deep enough pokemon force to be able to pull off a realistic win.

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 3:07 AM
I don't think that they would bring in the FR/LG girl just for the simple fact that she is considered to be from the past and most of the time the games and the anime don't counter act except of course for the ranger that we will be seeing. Oh...maybe she'll join....j/k. Anway I want Brock to be replaced by the Girl from the D/P games.Which probably won't happen seeing as KidsWB only believes in having one girl in the group...sigh...only time will tell...a long time...

Diamond and Pearl

Lil Brother
13th November 2005, 3:23 AM
Which probably won't happen seeing as KidsWB only believes in having one girl in the group...sigh...only time will tell...a long time...Okay, we just clarified that Kids WB does nothing but air the dub. T.T

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 3:35 AM
Okay, we just clarified that Kids WB does nothing but air the dub. T.T

Sorry...well then the writers don't believe in having more than one girl in the group.

(I know they don't make it I just stupidly put it down becasue I'm not paying attention)

Diamond and Pearl

Judai Yuki
13th November 2005, 4:18 AM
like i like ash's kid and one of brocks kids and like hmm idk but new chracters notheless

SealElement
13th November 2005, 7:48 AM
I say cut the godawful dub and put a few bombs into 4kids offices, eh?

As for Green/Blue(THE GIRL), maybe. Maybe Ash will meet her.(/sarcasm)

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 4:12 PM
I say cut the godawful dub and put a few bombs into 4kids offices, eh?

As for Green/Blue(THE GIRL), maybe. Maybe Ash will meet her.(/sarcasm)

Yes let's bomb those stupid dubers...and take over!!!! (don't how good we would be but it'd be worth a try)[sarcasm]

Diamond and Pearl

Porygandrew
13th November 2005, 4:15 PM
What about the Pokemon Ranger character? She could be a returning character.

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 4:30 PM
What about the Pokemon Ranger character? She could be a returning character.

That's what I said in one of my other posts, but then I think I put just kidding but anything could happen...

Diamond and Pearl

♥Princess Ketchum♥
13th November 2005, 4:44 PM
I think Ash,brock,misty,max,may will go the D/P Region and will meet a new trainer and will join there gang

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 4:48 PM
I think Ash,brock,misty,max,may will go the D/P Region and will meet a new trainer and will join there gang

That would work except for the fact that the writers won't want to take the attention away from Ash and as it is they already have 5 people in the group so I think/hope Brock will gone for good after The Battle Frontier Saga..they could possibly keep Max but there's really no use for him..

Diamond and Pearl

Satoshi
13th November 2005, 6:08 PM
That would work except for the fact that the writers won't want to take the attention away from Ash and as it is they already have 5 people in the group so I think/hope Brock will gone for good after The Battle Frontier Saga..they could possibly keep Max but there's really no use for him..
Just because they add a new trainer, doesn't mean it'll take the attention away from Satoshi. And...they don't have 5 people in the group, they have 4.

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 6:25 PM
Just because they add a new trainer, doesn't mean it'll take the attention away from Satoshi. And...they don't have 5 people in the group, they have 4.

Ok yeah eh..sorry..I was looking at the quote and I saw Misty's name and didn't realize it until now sorry 4.

And it would because then they would have to tell Ash's,May's,and the new character's triumphs,loses and then Satoshi wouldn't be the 'star' of the show anymore.

Diamond and Pearl

+Chaos Blade+
13th November 2005, 6:39 PM
Honestly, people, why would they add the FrLg girl in the DP world? I mean, honestly.

I still stand firm on my decision of rewriting the whole series. [Gah, if I knew Japanese, and were older, I could've settled this with GameFreak Inc.] A new character with a new personality, much like the Pokémon Chronicles currently airing in the UK, where there are new characters [kind of], each with personalities much different than the series here in the USA.

+Chaos Blade+

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 7:48 PM
Honestly, people, why would they add the FrLg girl in the DP world? I mean, honestly.

I still stand firm on my decision of rewriting the whole series. [Gah, if I knew Japanese, and were older, I could've settled this with GameFreak Inc.] A new character with a new personality, much like the Pokémon Chronicles currently airing in the UK, where there are new characters [kind of], each with personalities much different than the series here in the USA.

+Chaos Blade+

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Diamond and Pearl

Satoshi
13th November 2005, 8:20 PM
And it would because then they would have to tell Ash's,May's,and the new character's triumphs,loses and then Satoshi wouldn't be the 'star' of the show anymore.
He'd still be the star of the anime, it's just that the writers would focus a little more on the supporting characters, which is good, we need more character developement in the anime.

We don't want the show to mainly focus on Satoshi, just look at Naruto (the title), it doesn't only focus on Naruto (the character), but it focuses a lot on the supporting characters as well, and look, it's a success in Japan and it's beginning to be a success in America too.

A show that focuses on the main character only would be bland and boring. And, you said you're tired of seeing Ash this and Ash that, but if a new trainer joins Satoshi-tachi in the D/P saga, then that'll change (maybe) since they'll try to focus a little on him/her than having all the focus Satoshi. And that's just happening right now, just look at Haruka, she's really brightning up the anime.

Ralts Master
13th November 2005, 8:34 PM
They NEED to jettison the entire current cast and start anew. Ash sucks, Brock is worse than useless, and Team Rocket is a debacle.

Ash had no damn business in Hoenn (or Johto), anyway. Especially since it shouldn't even be possible: GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and RSE took place around the same time as FR/LG do...

PokeTrainer7783
13th November 2005, 9:11 PM
Then again I think ratings here would flunk without Ash. I don't even think 4Kids would be interested in Pokemon anymore if Ash wasn't in it. They don't even air some of the specials because Ash isn't in it. They think kids would get bored with it or something. It might do well in Japan but here I guess they don't want to risk it.

Samayowa
13th November 2005, 10:21 PM
They NEED to jettison the entire current cast and start anew. Ash sucks, Brock is worse than useless, and Team Rocket is a debacle.

Ash had no damn business in Hoenn (or Johto), anyway. Especially since it shouldn't even be possible: GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and RSE took place around the same time as FR/LG do...

Exactlly.....

Diamond and Pearl

The Big Al
13th November 2005, 10:27 PM
Viz might take it.

Some thought Star Trek Deep Space Nine would flunk because it didn't have the Enterprise. Yet in the end, many trekkers see it as the best series of the five.

So I think Pokemon could survive without Ash. As long as they make a great main character and plotline, they could make a spinoff anime. And I would be delighted if 4Kids refused to touch it with a ten yard pole. That means other dubbing companies like Ganeon, Viz, FUNi, even Miramax. That would mean the writers wouldn't have to worry about minimizing the Japanese culture and text and might try to be creative like they were in season 1.

Haine
13th November 2005, 10:27 PM

Follow the rules. You are not supposed to say things like "Ash sucks" -_-;

That is character bashing.

shinneymeowth001
13th November 2005, 10:54 PM
I agree with some of you; they should get rid of Brock, make Ash win a league , and put ME in TR (I COULD CATCH PIKACHU EASILY) Then, to please veiwers, we could give max a Bonsly and have a nice spinnoff. by now, they should have problems thinking of new pokemon. but TR is doing fine, they still crack me up.

;052; I'll get pikachu
;025; piikaaachuuuu!

:meowthbal looks like Team Rockets blasting off again!!
;202; Wobbufett!!!
;358; chime, chimee

The Big Al
13th November 2005, 11:25 PM
Follow the rules. You are not supposed to say things like "Ash sucks" -_-;

That is character bashing.
Character Bashing isn't as strictly enforced as it used to be. Loosen up. Ash has been maxxed out. He's flat, he's predictable, he can stand to be let go.

Chris
14th November 2005, 5:19 AM
Character Bashing isn't as strictly enforced as it used to be. Loosen up. Ash has been maxxed out. He's flat, he's predictable, he can stand to be let go.
As far as I recall, I've been enforcing the rule of no character bashing for quite some time now. o_O

The Big Al
14th November 2005, 12:15 PM
I know but "Ash Sucks" isn't a grounds for banning like it was in the dark days of Crystal Latios (or whatever she called herself).

Though, I would like to know why Ash sucks. I have ideas but I wonder their reasons.

Chris
14th November 2005, 6:19 PM
Banning, no. Not unless it's done non-stop after repeated warnings.

The Big Al
14th November 2005, 6:39 PM
I guess insanely enforced would be a better term.

To bring this back on topic.
When they started Johto, instead of having Ash and crew continuing on their journey, couldn't they have started a new group of characters (like the GSC heroes). We were denied Kamon who I think was the best of the three because of the kind of backstory they could have weaved for him. Yet he was replaced in the Raikou Special by that Goofball.

Does the series need Ash? I personally believe no.

+Chaos Blade+
14th November 2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, Pokémon needs to be edited, so that we start anew. I mean, look at Yu-Gi-Oh GX. That's a pretty darn good show that still incorporates the elements of the old show, but with new characters, a new plotline, and a whole new setting.

Why doesn't Pokémon do the same, because a series with the same old plot scheme:

1.) Meet trainer.
2.) TR sees trainer's Pokémon, and think it's legendary and rare, so they try to give it to the bois, along with Pikachu.
3.) Pikachu and Pokémon str stolen.
4.) 8th pun in the show.
5.) Screwed-Up Quiz by 4Kids.
6.) More puns.
7.) Max being a bit annoying.
8.) Ash and co., along with trainer, fight TR.
9.) TR sends out cronies.
10.) PIKACHU, THUNDERBOLT!
11.) Looks like TR is blasting off again! Wobbu!

Zzzzz....I was lost at "1.)"

+Chaos Blade+

Samayowa
14th November 2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, Pokémon needs to be edited, so that we start anew. I mean, look at Yu-Gi-Oh GX. That's a pretty darn good show that still incorporates the elements of the old show, but with new characters, a new plotline, and a whole new setting.

Why doesn't Pokémon do the same, because a series with the same old plot scheme:

1.) Meet trainer.
2.) TR sees trainer's Pokémon, and think it's legendary and rare, so they try to give it to the bois, along with Pikachu.
3.) Pikachu and Pokémon str stolen.
4.) 8th pun in the show.
5.) Screwed-Up Quiz by 4Kids.
6.) More puns.
7.) Max being a bit annoying.
8.) Ash and co., along with trainer, fight TR.
9.) TR sends out cronies.
10.) PIKACHU, THUNDERBOLT!
11.) Looks like TR is blasting off again! Wobbu!

Zzzzz....I was lost at "1.)"

+Chaos Blade+

I know you weren't probably saying this but all of those are exactlly why they shoudl alter the anime a bit...well more than a bit but you know what I mean.....in other words...as it is it's rather boring at time.

Diamond and Pearl

PokeTrainer7783
15th November 2005, 2:23 AM
That would be awesome if VIZ took it.

Samayowa
16th November 2005, 2:17 AM

Heck yes it would!!!

Diamond and Pearl

Rex Kamex
16th November 2005, 8:19 PM
Then again I think ratings here would flunk without Ash. I don't even think 4Kids would be interested in Pokemon anymore if Ash wasn't in it. They don't even air some of the specials because Ash isn't in it. They think kids would get bored with it or something. It might do well in Japan but here I guess they don't want to risk it.

But they have released the specials in England. And, they're going to be released in America too, but we just don't know exactly when.

+Chaos Blade+
17th November 2005, 2:27 AM
Originally Posted by PokeTrainer7783:

Not necessarily. Viz discontinued their relationship with Pokémon years ago. Why restart it if they never even finished?

+Chaos Blade+

RED1992
12th December 2005, 7:03 AM
we should get rid of all the curent characters and start off with a non-repetitive-more adult like show cuz the anime is a f*cking kiddie and it really should have gotten canceled a long time ago. they should have it more manga-based cuz it's awesome.

intergalactic platypus
12th December 2005, 8:38 PM
theyre definitley capable of dropping brock, max and...*gasp* even may! [/shockandhorror]. no really, her fanboys wanna say shell stay forever, but i think ash is the only constant character in the show. they might even let TR quit at some point

mannyguy
13th December 2005, 1:08 AM
TEAM ROCKET-
the show would literally be crap without it. They're the comic relief..I love team rocket. But the whole daydreaming about what the boss would do when they catch a pokemon is a waste of 40 seconds.
ASH
lets face it..no matter how boring he gets. HE'S STAYING!!!
MAY-
she is not unique what so ever. i mean pokemon contest are just batteling with a little twist..thats all there's nothing special about them. i've grown accustomed to her and i like her..but she is never replacing misty
MAX
get rid of him!! he does nothing. nothing. nothing, but pull brock off the girl and we can hav may do that instead. besides someone who hangs out with their older sister that much is just weird. HE IS USELESS.
PIKACHU
look up Ash
BROCK
basically as pointless as getting sock for christmas. he really has nothing in the show...you would think in 7 years or whatever he would be able to atleast get a girlfriend..i gues we all know what he does at night.
MISTY
Who knows if she's coming back or not..If she does great. if she doesn't great..i really don't care,but i think that they should have gotten rid of brock before her..
NEW CHARACTERS
it would be cool for new characters but thats probably not happening anytimes soon

intergalactic platypus
14th December 2005, 11:54 PM
brock is gonna go. im almost sure. hes very stale by now, and im sure the writers have noticed he doesnt do much as well, so i can expect him to be dropped. i would be very suprised if he stayed. and max, well the only reason he exists is to be mays little brother and hes not terribly popular to my knowledge. theres a very high chance of him leaving during D/P. may is likely to stay for a while, until they get sick of her at least, so i wont be betting on her getting out for D/P. but there is a chance theyll drop her if contests dont show up in the fourth gen, cause her contest goal is an advertising ploy that would become useless if there were no more contests to push the gen

Andromache
23rd December 2005, 11:59 AM
Maybe I'm missing the point, but to those who dislike Ash, May, and Brock, it *is* possible to simply stop watching the show. That's what I did when Tracey came in. It's nice to have choices.

As for Brock being useless, I'm definitely biased because he's always been my favorite character, but I think he's important for behind-the-scenes kind of stuff, like maintaining and caring for the Pokemon. They're really highlighting his talent with them and his empathy for them. Just because he isn't as glamorous as Ash and May doesn't mean he's not important.

Of course, again, I'm biased, but I agree that I see no use for Max. I mean, sure, he knows Pokemon, but so does Brock, and at least Brock is an established trainer.

Getting rid of Ash would completely change the show, which I don't think is good. I think Ash has matured, but then, I haven't seen him in a league battle yet. Yes, he's still reckless, but that's just who he is, not that he's immature. It's in the hero's handbook to jump first and possibly not ask questions later. The show would not be the same, and if there were new characters, perhaps the chemistry or character dynamic would not quite work. I certainly would boycott if they changed the current lineup.

I'm not trying to say that people don't have a right to think what they want, but it kind of annoys me that people complain about all the characters and yet there's an easy solution. If a fandom stops bringing someone enjoyment, they are perfectly free to leave or stick to the segments of fandom they do enjoy.

Magus
23rd December 2005, 12:24 PM
May? Once she entered the show, she became the co-star of it to Ash. May's not gonna go anywhere.
You overstate May's role in the show. There's a reason that she only needed 5 ribbons for the Grand Festival, but Ash needed 8 badges for the Hoenn League. That reason is that Ash is a bigger focus of the show, and and they wanted to ensure there'd be more Gym episodes than Contests. Likewise, there's a reason the Hoenn League, not the Grand Festival, was the climax of the arc. It's because Ash's tournament is considered more important to the story than May's. There's still only one main character, and that's Ash.

Anyway, I definitely think they should have Brock leave the group. I really don't see anything more that can be done with him story-wise, and as comic relief he's just gotten old. Plus, Ash needs to eventually take care of his Pokémon himself (I imagine that being a Pokémon Master is about more than just battling), so let him learn to manage without Brock's help.

The rest can stay, but let the characters actually age! Ash should not look the same now as he did when he was 10. Also, Ash needs to win a League tournament. He's clearly a much better trainer now, but the increase in skill hasn't translated into better finishes in the Leagues. Let him win one, and confirm that the progress he's made actually matters, that he really is getting closer to his goal (even if there's still a long way to go).