PDA

View Full Version : I got dem "no one's replyin' to mah one-shots" blues...

Missingno. Master
13th November 2005, 2:40 AM
Have you ever written a one-shot fic, taking great care in your detail, and then have nobody reply to it, while it gets low ratings (the one-to-five star thingy)? That's happened to me. Multiple times. Some examples of my neglected one-shots are The Shell, THe Life of a Magikarp, and I'm sure it'll happen with the one-shot I'm about to write, The Golbats of Victory Road. THis ever happen with anyone else?

Dragonfree
13th November 2005, 2:43 AM
Heh, my one-shots seem to be pretty invisible. Or well, at least they used to be. As I got a bit better known as a one-shot writer, they got a little bit more attention. But yeah... I used to be really jealous when I wrote a one-shot and had to look at it disappear right down to page five with no comments at all while one of Spectreon's one-shots sat there with five pages of replies. Ah, memories.

The Big Al
13th November 2005, 2:52 AM
One shots are rather short lived as reviewed fics. My one shot only got a few reviews. But on the brights side, good one shots get revisited during fanfics awards. I hope the good reviews I got from "No Gym For You" means it might be considered for a award next month. Just keep going at it and enjoy the few reviews you do get and people might pay more attention to your fics.

The_Mighty_Medicham
13th November 2005, 3:52 AM
My fic is like that. I have a lot of views, but only four reviews. It makes me a sad panda :..(. Maybe this will but my idea of putting up a one-shot poem on hold for a while since it seems that not many people reply to them.

ImJessieTR
13th November 2005, 4:28 AM
Yes, it is extremely irritating.

Bu†cH
13th November 2005, 4:34 AM
Agreed.

That sucks so much.

Magi of all
13th November 2005, 4:35 AM
One Shots are just like there name. When you shoot a gun and only have one shot, if you miss, you get nothing. If you hit it is amazing. Unfortunately, from what I have read of your work, you just graze the surface and make no real impact.

Insincerus
13th November 2005, 8:01 PM
I took intricate care in writing a one-shot called "'Tick-Tock,' Said the Round Little Clock" about a Quagsire discovering a shiny, round object with hopes of being crowned the king of round festivals ;-; It was pretty good, IMO, but no one replied to it, which veeely sucks because that was about the only thing I was writing at the time :S

Negrek
14th November 2005, 5:11 AM
Yeah, it bites. It's the nature of the beast, though. That's the problem with posting one-shots on forums--they get buried.

While I get fewer reviews for one-shots, I find that I often get my best ones for them. Weird, no?

In any case, I also notice that I get fewer reviews I post a one-shot after not writing a chapter to one of my main 'fics. I think my readers become irritated with me...