PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Whirlpool ability

yakuzakyuu
13th November 2005, 11:59 AM
I own Gyarados in Silver. All its moves are HM:s and I've thought nicknaming it "Swiss knife".

It knows both Surf and Whirlpool. But it won't pass whirlpools, it just spins around and goes where I came.

I need pass whirlpools, because I've defeated Lance and he is loser.

;038; yakuzakyuu the Ninetales

Jerichi
13th November 2005, 12:19 PM
From what I remember, you have to press A infront of the whirlpool for it to go away. Don't quote me, I haven't played these games in a LONG time.

yakuzakyuu
13th November 2005, 12:34 PM
You remembered right. It worked, because it asked about it. Oh no, I don't want whirlpool go away... ;)

Thanks a lot.

;038; yakuzakyuu the Ninetales

king krab kingler
13th November 2005, 9:52 PM
You need to press (A) infront of it DUHHHH!
Like every HM. you can't just walk up to a boulder and it will move,you have to press (A),you can't just walk into the sea and your pokemon will automatically come out,you have to press (A),you can't just walk into a dark tunnel such as rock tunnel and it will be as bright as the sun,you have to press(A),Get Me?!!??!

basswer
13th November 2005, 10:36 PM
<offtopic>

say, is that gyarados the shiny one?

cos my shiny gyrados is an hm wh0re aswell o_o;

</offtopic>

yakuzakyuu
15th November 2005, 3:07 PM
Naw, its normal... I'm also having hm wh0re Furret with Cut, Strength and such.

And to other poster: You don't need to be angry. I just thought that whirlpools just would go away themselves when I go over them, since ability is known and they are part of that sea that my Gyarados is surfing.

Ahem. Off-topic goes this... Really polite please. Could you basswer please edit your signature? I'm epileptic person and I guess that signature increases my seizure-risk more than infamous Porygon-episode. I would like to visit on this forum and read this topic on future.

Dark Venusaur
22nd November 2005, 11:42 PM
;003;Hey my Gyrados is a HM slave also. It knows Waterfall, Surf, Strenght and Whirlpool.;003;

Kasaioni
23rd November 2005, 12:44 AM
Press "A" against it dude, just like every other HM move!