PDA

View Full Version : Most-Missed Characters

Kamex
14th November 2005, 11:46 PM
I was just thinking the other day about old characters. Specifically the two that accompanied Ash and Gary as the four new trainers leaving Pallet town in the first episode. These two, although never elaborated on, were mentioned a few times in those first episodes. Their 'legend' was put to rest in one of the training-for-the-Indigo-League episodes, "Showdown at the Poke-Corral", IIRC.

I'm sure these two trainers, the writers thought, didn't need a detailed background, and were never brought in the light. But what if they had been? What if they still do? Anyone think it would be nice to bring them back somehow, even for a two-part episode or something, as real characters? Or is it not worth even thinking about them ever again? And for that matter, is there any past character anyone wants to bring back? I thought it would be nice to see who's most missed and why and all that. Any thoughts here, please.

Chris
14th November 2005, 11:51 PM
When the hell's Hazuki or Jimmy returning? :( They need to come back.

Heracross
14th November 2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to see Hazuki again. And Junichi too. He was hilarious.

PDL
15th November 2005, 12:02 AM
in before Misty :D

anyway, I guess it would be far too late to introduce Daisy/May Oak (especially since both names have already been taken by somewhat important characters) and Blue/Leaf Green girl...

Raziel
15th November 2005, 12:30 AM
I'm sure these two trainers, the writers thought, didn't need a detailed background, and were never brought in the light. But what if they had been? What if they still do? Anyone think it would be nice to bring them back somehow, even for a two-part episode or something, as real characters? Or is it not worth even thinking about them ever again? And for that matter, is there any past character anyone wants to bring back? I thought it would be nice to see who's most missed and why and all that. Any thoughts here, please.

Maybe they weren't succesful, maybe nobody knows where they are, maybe they're still on their journey, who knows.., anyway, I admit it'd be interesting to see them appear in the series in the future, even if only for a few episodes.

As for old characters, Duplica, AJ, Giselle, Richie and Harrison should come back IMO, and they should introduce the Fr/Lg girl ;\

Heracross
15th November 2005, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah, and while the crew is in Kanto, any old characters from there would be nice. Moron writers.

CyberCubed
15th November 2005, 1:26 AM
Well all of Ash's major league rivals I want to see again, but only because I want to see Ash beat them.

And yeah, I really want to see Ash have a league match with Kenta and Brendan. To see the main character of RBY (Ash) Vs. the main GSC guy (Kenta) and R/S guy (Brendan) would be great.

I wonder, why DIDN'T the writers ever have Ash face Kenta or Brendan at a league? They'd certainly be more interesting than the generic rivals they keep making each league.

PokeTrainer7783
15th November 2005, 2:21 AM
I miss all the gym leaders in the first season. I wonder what their all doing now?

Geki
15th November 2005, 2:24 AM
Richie needs to return for a league or something.

O Fortuna
15th November 2005, 2:24 AM
Am I the only one who wants to see that samurai bug-catcher from the fourth episode make a return?

PokeTrainer7783
15th November 2005, 2:32 AM
Does anyone think Richie will return again?

Lil Brother
15th November 2005, 4:15 AM
I agree with the first post. Seriously, those two need to appear. Way back when it was believed (by me, at least) that Gary started with Eevee, and there were the other trainers in the first movie were from Pallet. But that was put down the gutter when it turned out Gary's starter was Squirtle.

I'm really hoping FR/LG girl turns out to be one of the two. She could be childhood friends with Ash or something. And she could have a Charmander, and the thing could finally get some decent screen time. Or have yet another Bulbasaur! Because two (or three if the two breed) Bulbasaurs aren't enough! :O

And Ash vs. Brendan. Now.

Devilrose
15th November 2005, 7:46 PM
I'd love to see Richie return, and maybe an appearance by the Fr/Lg girl. Although I'm doubting we'll see her or any other characters that got left out at this point, since they've announced the appearance of the Ranger girl and I can't see them backtracking to older characters. Could always hope for more Chronicles episodes I suppose?

Medea
15th November 2005, 11:07 PM
*demands more Tracey*...But also

Sylvester (A Farfetch'd Tale)
Lorelei/Prima
Blue (from the manga)
Falkner
Misty

...That's all I got for now...

Kamex
16th November 2005, 12:47 AM
I'd like to see Otoshi, that would be an interesting episode. And Bruno, yeah him. His episode was hilarious.

What about Mandy? You know, the "Astounding Mandy"? He was Ash's first opponent in the Indigo League, and IIRC, he won the whole competition the last few years running. I'd love to see him return.

Swellow
16th November 2005, 3:32 AM
Off the top of my head Misty even though in a Role like Tracey for a short arch. Wally, Wallace the Two W's thanks a Lot Japan in a Mean voice, but at least my Spanish Name is on the anime now. Brendan and Steven Stone again.

articuno_trumps_all
16th November 2005, 4:02 AM
Does anyone think Richie will return again?
Yes, yes I do.

I miss Hiroshi and Jimmy. They're both really great characters and need to make new appearances. Especially Richie damut.

PokeTrainer7783
16th November 2005, 6:39 AM
I wonder how the psychic Pokemon trainer I think Sabrina her name was is? She was one freaky gym leader.

Jessie_James
16th November 2005, 8:03 AM
I wanna see Richie and Casey again, not just in the chornicals

♥Princess Ketchum♥
16th November 2005, 10:30 AM
i wanna see Misty and tracey back again and richie too

Argy
17th November 2005, 2:21 AM
I miss Harley constantly. I wish Pokémon was changed to the "Harley and Noctus-chan Variety Hour." I think I'd cream my pants.

articuno_trumps_all
17th November 2005, 4:27 AM
I wonder how the psychic Pokemon trainer I think Sabrina her name was is? She was one freaky gym leader.
Yes, yes! Brina really needs to show her face again!

Yamato-san
17th November 2005, 12:16 PM
When the hell's Hazuki or Jimmy returning? :( They need to come back.

Did you just say....? Hold on a second.

[Looks out window and notices fire and brimstone falling from a sky. Four horsemen ride past his window, then a large hole suddenly opens up in the middle of the floor. A strong gust of arctic wind bursts out of the hole before a seraphim with dark coloring crawls out of it, shivering.]

Satan: "F....f....f***ing....f....freezing in there....." [walks away]

Nope, nothing unusual here. Anyway, here's my list....

-Akira (one of Satoshi's early rivals, I just gotta see how he's progressed since he set off on his journey... plus, a reappearance by him means more Hiyama Nobuyuki goodness ^^)
-Seiyo (another of Satoshi's early rivals that seems intriguing to see since her encounter with him)
-Lily (as far as Jouto filler characters go, she's one of the few I really like, and there's so much potential for sorcery in any series)
-Bashou, Buson, Shiranui-hakase (among the best f***ing villians the anime ever had.... Buson's also voiced by Hiyama, incidentally)
-Kenta (I agree, Satoshi needs to battle him one of these days)
-Kaede (one of the best opponents ever, she has a sense of realism that's comparable to actual competitive players of the games. Rather than going on a pure offensive in a battle that's mostly a process of one Pokemon getting KOed and the next one being sent out like most battles in the series, she actually used switching maneuvers to fit her current situation, made attempts to disable the opponent, and even uses rather unpredictable techniques like Mimic. Most likely the highpoint of the Saiyuu tournament)
-Hiroshi, Hadzuki, Tetsuya (well, I don't really like Hiroshi, but I'm interesting in seeing Satoshi conquer his previous successors someday. So long as Hiroshi appears and actually battles with Satoshi, rather than another Housou or a repeat of the Lugia incident in which he helps Satoshi battle against Rocket Dan, I'll be fine with it)
-Ayame, Botan (two of Kasumi's sisters. I know her sisters appear a lot, but I bring them up because these two are constantly shoved out the way so the limelight could be put on Sakura... it's a damn shame, too, because Ayame's really cute)

And maybe some others, but I can't remember them at the moment.

The Big Al
17th November 2005, 12:24 PM
XD

The early guest characters need to return. They were the best written IMHO. Though, knowing the writers, they'd destroy them so maybe it's god they remain out of the picture.

And dare I say it. Ash needs to finish what he started eight farkking years ago and finally get a rematch with Erika.

Evil Azurill
19th November 2005, 7:34 PM
-Bashou, Buson, Shiranui-hakase (among the best f***ing villians the anime ever had.... Buson's also voiced by Hiyama, incidentally)

YES. I couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't mind seeing Tyson/Tatsumi again as well. I'm really in the mood for another decent two- or three- parter with any of these four in it. Especially Sebastian. *drool*

sephiroth follower
19th November 2005, 10:08 PM
this is going to change this topic
misty

Prelude
19th November 2005, 10:11 PM
I want Tracey back...

Factory Head Noland
19th November 2005, 10:25 PM
I want Tracey back in the travelling gang aswell, it's nice seeing him from time-to-time but that just isn't enough!

I miss Gary aswell, pity about his Japanese VA.

Prelude
19th November 2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I wanna see Gary again. And where are the two others that left Pallet Town?!?

Factory Head Noland
19th November 2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I wanna see Gary again. And where are the two others that left Pallet Town?!?

We've never seen them or really heard about them that much. Last we heard they gave up on being Trainers and went back to Pallet.

It would be good to see them introduced someday.

girly
21st November 2005, 11:50 PM
I think Richie, Harrison, Gary and others should return. Also Damien from the episode when Ash gets charamander. (Damien abanneded charamander.) Also some movie characters.

Sharpshooter
22nd November 2005, 6:31 PM
Yeah I would like to see Gary comeback, irrespective if he's a good rival or not, just to see Ash beginning to get wound up more often. Things are a bit cosy for him in that group at the moment IMO.

I also would like to see Jimmy and/or Marina come back, that 3 part special wasn't written for nothing. I was hoping for it to lead on to another story involving him and the others.

Hitchin_A_Ride
22nd November 2005, 6:43 PM
me..I Miss erika ..hehe....I So Love Here....she was so mean to ash...cool!

xXFallenButterflyXx
22nd November 2005, 6:43 PM
I miss Gary. I think CartoonNetwork decided to not show Pokemon anymore and they replaced it with Kids Next Door. ;0; Just when they were getting to the part where Gary appears. Also, they need to show Blue/FR LG Girl.

intergalactic platypus
22nd November 2005, 7:45 PM
i would love to see duplica and sakura more often. but please, never again richie. i hated that guy *prepares for armageddon from articuno trumps all*. also, they need to use brendan and more of the E4

Alfonso
22nd November 2005, 7:45 PM
this is going to change this topic
misty

No it's not. The subject of Misty has already been beaten to death, and mentioning her is hardly going to hyjack this thread like it's some sort of amazing thing.

CyberCubed
22nd November 2005, 11:51 PM
Agreed, and at this point most rational people realize that Misty will stay as a recurring character for the rest of the series.

articuno_trumps_all
27th November 2005, 11:42 PM
i would love to see duplica and sakura more often. but please, never again richie. i hated that guy *prepares for armageddon from articuno trumps all*.
LOL. I know that people don't like Richie, but the writers obviously have plans for him. He'll be back and he is missed.

Lil Brother
28th November 2005, 12:21 AM
I miss Gary. I think CartoonNetwork decided to not show Pokemon anymore and they replaced it with Kids Next Door. ;0; Just when they were getting to the part where Gary appears. Also, they need to show Blue/FR LG Girl.It's not their fault. Kids WB, being a bunch of *******s, claimed season six to themselves. As annoying as it is, the last 3/4 or so of Master Quest are part of season six. So no Gary. :( Why did Kids WB do that anyway? It's not like they're showing reruns of it.

And yes, FR/LG Girl now.

Shiny Rekkuza
28th November 2005, 1:43 AM
I want to see more of the Hoen E4, Mikuri needs to make an apperance, and Daigo should return :/

I also want Brad to come back ^^

Double Decker
29th November 2005, 2:40 PM
Richie was cool, but I didn't like the fact that he and Ash had exacatly the same Pokemon in thier teams. They were like twins...

andwho...

I'd like to see Gary back as a trainer too, only because of the rivalry between him and Ash could start up again, it could make for some potentially brilliant battles too.

Though the ultimately missed character for me is Misty, she was THE best character in the anime, apart from her temper ofcoursse.

Expeon
29th November 2005, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see Lance back some more. Heck, I'd love to see ALL of the 1337's back, we don't see them nearly enough...
Steven, too.
... And Gary back would be nice too...