PDA

View Full Version : umbreon or espeon?

darkdrago88
15th November 2005, 1:42 AM
should I get an espeon or an umbreon? plz give me an answer:snowlax:

Frost85
15th November 2005, 2:08 AM
well for one you must realize that you cant acutally get Umbreon or Espeon in Fire Red or Leaf Green. you have to take their eggs (after you're able to breed 'n stuff) over to ruby 'n saphire and have them evolve there. which in that case sucks because that means that you can never have a truely powerful umbreon or espeon on Fr/Lg because they'll be "traded" pokemon if you take them back

darkdrago88
15th November 2005, 2:17 AM
i'm talking about getting eevee eggs on FIREDRED and raising them on FIREDRED for use in battle tower

Wolfstalker
15th November 2005, 2:27 AM
Umbreon is better IMO cause it has awesome defense and good tanking abilities.Espeon has sweeping abilities but a poor movepool.Go wit umbreon he or she is betta.Still IMO

MetalMario
15th November 2005, 2:46 AM
I like Espeon better, myself. The Espyjump set makes for a fabulous tank/Passer. Throw on Bite/HP:Special and/or Morning Sun if you need it to hold its own. (I don't use Umbreon so much because of its not-so-nice movepool.)

Espyjump@Leftovers:
Calm, 196HP/152SpDef/160Spd
-Synchronize
Psychic
Substitute
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

Espeon@Leftovers:
Calm, 252SpAtk/160HP/46SpDef/46Spd roughly
-Synchronize
Psychic
Bite/HP:Special
Calm Mind
Morning Sun/Sub/Pass

TRJessie579
15th November 2005, 3:02 AM
Gonna move this to RMT, since it relates to you choosing a member of your team...

Hukuzo
15th November 2005, 5:45 AM
In my opinion, umbreon's better and cooler. You need to trade over your eevee to R/S/E then get its happiness maxed and it will evolve into umbreon during the day.
A good moveset is
Confuse Ray
Moonlight
Faint Attack
Toxic
and make it hold leftovers.
It's the most annoying thing to fight.

Funky99
15th November 2005, 6:21 AM
Umbreon Is Better

Rudoku
15th November 2005, 10:54 AM
should I get an espeon or an umbreon? plz give me an answer:snowlax:
Umbreon sucks in-game. So use Espeon if you're so pressed to use one. But really, get Vaporeon or Jolteon (they don't suck ingame). If you don't listen to anything else I say, don't listen to Hukuzo's set. That's the classic Turdbreon that every newbie uses and thinks it's "original".

wozfe
15th November 2005, 4:43 PM
faint attack isnt very good with 60 base power and with umbreons bad attack.I'd give him body slam for chance of paralysing and then bite for a chance of flinch, along with confuse ray and moonlight.

gbaspthomasraven
15th November 2005, 5:50 PM
actually you need to evolve
eevee in to
espeon=day
and
umbreon=night
or trade it from colisseam or ruby or saphire or emerald

aipomkong
15th November 2005, 8:15 PM
umbreon is pointless in game as it's most effective moveset contains no direct attacks

(wish/mean look/baton pass/taunt FYI)

Volteon
15th November 2005, 8:32 PM
umbreon is better, but I like jolteon more (.)_(.)
...........don´t ask me why.................;135; ^..^

S:C
16th November 2005, 3:01 AM
I like jolteon more (.)_(.)
...........don´t ask me why.................;135; ^..^
We neet not. XD

Anyways, Espeon actually has a use InGame, and like 0mastar said, Umbreon doesn't. There's your answer. Espeon works like a wonder InGame.

EDIT: What the hell was I thinking when I said that earlier?

Horn Drill
16th November 2005, 3:21 AM
What's the point of Espyjump ingame? :confused:

NickTheDude
17th November 2005, 4:47 PM
Jolteon is the best , It and dragonite have been my favorite ever since I first started playing pokemon games. If I had to chose though from Umbreon and Espy I would chose Espy cuz like whats Umbrie's best attack bite.lol. Even though Umbeon looks cooler Espy is better.

Espeon @ lefties
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
- Dont know someother Special In - Game attack.

EspyJump is better but not for In - Game IMO.

But I say Jolteon is really the best. something like this

- HP[Grass] - It's a good atempt to destroy those grounds etc.
- Thunderbolt - For Stab
- Agility
- Baton Pass

Thats a good Jolty ^_^.

daddysgirl4ufosho
18th November 2005, 12:26 PM
Eesspppppeeeoooooonnnnn!!!!!!!!she Is So Cute And Cool;196; ;196;

Blazichu
18th November 2005, 10:36 PM
I'll choose Espeon coz it has better sp:atk and speed,movepoll,strong attacks and its cuter!!!!

lime_green_hero
18th November 2005, 11:23 PM
Espion would be my chioce, very good with calm mind and psychic, but it really depends on your team. Do you need a tank or special sweeper?

hikari_blaze
18th November 2005, 11:28 PM
Umbreon's has a better def. and might last you longer.

manuel the pokemon master
22nd November 2005, 12:31 AM
umbreon is better because its hp defence and sp defence are good for battle

Dark_Lugia_XD
22nd November 2005, 2:40 AM
i would say get both 4 the dex and if you are going 2 use i would have to say use umbreon

Hoenir
23rd November 2005, 2:45 AM
depends, if you need a special sweeper go with espeon. if you need a tank/annoyer, go with umby.

TOY MACHINE
23rd November 2005, 3:11 AM
umbreon sucks ingame

Espeon
modest

baton pass
calm mind
substitute
psychic

Espeon_master
31st October 2006, 7:27 PM
espeon!!!!! ALL THE WAY!

Reno
31st October 2006, 8:51 PM
unbreon hardly sucks in-game. it is a great tank due to its huge defenses and (just off the top of my head if it can learn these moves and im not too good at movesets) this would prove effective on killing stuff it gets owned by steel types though

umbreon@???
-mean look
-toxic
-moonlight
-faint attack

the reason it has faint attack is as if it is your last pokemon you would want some kind of attacking move wouldnt you?

ThegameHHH
31st October 2006, 9:14 PM
Espeon like nearly everyone else said.

IcyKerpymon
1st November 2006, 11:17 AM
Umbreon@Brightpowder (Female)
Attract/Double Team(if male)
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Rest

Espeon@Petaya Berry
Psychic
Sunny Day
HP fire
Morning Sun

Choose

Tazzler
1st November 2006, 4:17 PM
Espeon master, you bumped a thread that was 23 days from being ONE YEAR old. .-.

Just so I contribute something, use Espeon as it is more useful ingame (about equal in NB, depends on the team) and go with the Baton Passer and not the Sunny Day.

MistyLover
1st November 2006, 4:46 PM
Espeon is a speacial sweeper..very high special attack and speed... umbreon is a tank..i cant decide they are both very hard to choose from..

Umbreon Leftovers

Moonlight
Confuse Ray
Faint Attack
Body Slam

With this movepool and it holding leftovers it will sure be a tank..

Espeon. Brightpowder

Psychic
Calm Mind
Return
Morning Sun

With these types of movepool Espeon will probably take out any pokemon with its psychic attack after using calm mind

SapphireL
1st November 2006, 6:13 PM
Holy crap. ._.; This thread has been SERIOUSLY bumped. >___>

Espeon_master, DO NOT reply to threads that haven't been replied to for more than a month! Bumping threads is against the rules! D:

closed.