PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are online with your DS now?

Mequuh
15th November 2005, 9:26 PM
I'm not, but will in 15 minutes... Going to pick up my Mario Kart now. *Giggles*. Can't wait, hope to see some of you.

Atomic Boo
15th November 2005, 9:30 PM
Lucky person, We in europe have to wait until the 25th for Mario Kart DS and the wireless functionability!

ShiningClefairy
15th November 2005, 9:50 PM
I'm going to be online most likely by the new year.

Hao Kaiser
16th November 2005, 12:00 AM
I'll be online....never...I have dial-up, and well, I'm to paranoid to take my DS into a McDonalds.

Brinstar
16th November 2005, 12:05 AM
I've been online and finished and won all of my 7 matches

Ethereal
16th November 2005, 12:09 AM
I'll be online soon. Animal Crossing will be the first online DS game I get. Mario Kart will be next. I wish they made Snowboard Kids DS online. :(

Here's my newb moment of the year: How do you register your DS/username/other important things? I don't know where to go and what to do.

Firemouse
16th November 2005, 12:31 AM
I'm online, but can't seem to get a match, no friends (yet) that have it, and I think their matchmaking thing is having trouble ; ;

Mequuh
16th November 2005, 12:58 AM
You register/make your name and such the first time you connect to WiFi, Jynxo.

Ethereal
16th November 2005, 1:14 AM
Erm...Thanks. I think I have my name registered. If you have a My Nintendo account, it should be that as the name, right? Either that, or the name I have entered into my DS. They're both "Jynxo", so I'm assuming that's going to be my WiFi name.

How much does a good/Nintendo WiFi recommended wireless router/hub/whatever it's called cost? Can I buy them at any store...such as Target or Best Buy?

Jigpuff
16th November 2005, 1:21 AM
I'm online, but can't seem to get a match, no friends (yet) that have it, and I think their matchmaking thing is having trouble ; ;
www.nintendowifi.com
If you look at the right, next to a yellow square, it says...

Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems
:\

Ethereal
16th November 2005, 1:25 AM
It actually is only having problems with Mario Kart. I'm assuming since there's so many Mario Kart players, there's a bit of a jam. Understandable, since this is something new for Nintendo.

Mequuh
16th November 2005, 1:27 AM
Jynxo, I'm pretty sure if you don't already have a wirless router... It's cheaper to buy the Nintendo cable. I think an average D-Link goes for.... $30? Somewhere there. And if your DS names Jynxo then yes, your online name will be too. I'm not sure what diffrence it makes wether or not you have a registered DS, its the connection between your DS and WiFi.

Firemouse
16th November 2005, 1:27 AM
www.nintendowifi.com
If you look at the right, next to a yellow square, it says...

:\

And thus why I am very sad at the moment. But at least I did unlock the Bone Koopa as a playable character ^^

Ethereal
16th November 2005, 2:05 AM
Jynxo, I'm pretty sure if you don't already have a wirless router... It's cheaper to buy the Nintendo cable. I think an average D-Link goes for.... $30? Somewhere there. And if your DS names Jynxo then yes, your online name will be too. I'm not sure what diffrence it makes wether or not you have a registered DS, its the connection between your DS and WiFi.
Ah. Does Nintendo sell these things in stores or do I have to purchase it online?

Mequuh
16th November 2005, 2:08 AM
I wouldn't know... Check your local EB Games, if not... Go with the D-Link. Its the cheapest wirless router, that I know of.

Jigpuff
16th November 2005, 2:09 AM
Ah. Does Nintendo sell these things in stores or do I have to purchase it online?
I think you have to buy it online...

Ethereal
16th November 2005, 2:10 AM
-_-

Figures. Well, I'll have to order that sometime in the future. I hate buying things over the internet.

Kez
16th November 2005, 2:40 PM
Right, I am in the UK and will be unable to purchase this game until the 25th at the earliest, and that is if I have enough money. Just a quick question. What is the minimal conection speed for the DS to go online at home? Mine is 512kbs, is this fast enough? Also, for anyone who has the USB stick, do you just plug it into your computer and it works, or do you have to install software? ( i know that this may sound stupid but I may as well Ask for nothing.) And finally ... (I forgot, but I will post it here when I remember)

Archangel
16th November 2005, 8:46 PM
Argh! you're all soooooo lucky! I need about £55 to get Mario Kart DS and the dongle...

Dragonair
16th November 2005, 11:42 PM
Been playing it since this morning online. The servers yesterday were overloaded, it seems. Yay for having a wireless router already. :D

15 wins, 5 losses so far. :P

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
17th November 2005, 12:37 AM
I'm curious. Since it seems like I won't be going online anytime soon, which levels are we able to play online?

I hope there's a Luigi's Mansion..

Jigpuff
17th November 2005, 12:59 AM
I'm curious. Since it seems like I won't be going online anytime soon, which levels are we able to play online?

I hope there's a Luigi's Mansion..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_DS
Near the bottom there's a list of levels and if they can be played online or not. And Luigi's Mansion can be played online.

Mequuh
17th November 2005, 1:05 AM
I managed to get in three races before it wouldn't connect anymore. It said on the site there were difficulties or somthing... I have a wirless router:s.

Firemouse
17th November 2005, 1:16 AM
I've been playing off and on all day in between unlocking stuff in single player

It's a LOT of fun so far

Mequuh
17th November 2005, 1:50 AM
Ya, I just got Dry Bobes. His controls great, but hes really slow. What do you have to do get all the levels avalible on multiplayer.

Firemouse
17th November 2005, 1:54 AM
the list you get is the list you get, they disabled a few of them for online play because that had too much going on to track without lag (like any of the stages with cars)

Ethereal
17th November 2005, 2:10 AM
Heh, I just ordered the Nintendo USB thingy for my computer. I'll get it next week when I go home for Thanksgiving. Then, I'll just have to wait a week and a half for Animal Crossing: Wild World. I can't wait to cut down the trees in everyone's village. :P

And if anyone doesn't pick the weeds in their village, I will leave trash all over your village. XD

Mequuh
17th November 2005, 2:18 AM
*Note to self, don't let Jynxo into my village....*
Hehe... Kidding, I hate trees; they get in the way wen your trying to get sumwhere in a hurry. Well thats kewl. Is it possible to room online with people? That would be awsume..

Firemouse
17th November 2005, 2:50 AM
as a note never ever use waluigi in the brute, lists speed as maxed out.

this is a lie. Toad, which has poor speed, keeps up with and will pass it.

The game totally cheated me.

Snorlax 360
17th November 2005, 2:53 AM
No, its just that Toad has better acceleration.

Try him next time we play. ;)

Firemouse
17th November 2005, 2:54 AM
next time I won;t use a new combo, and will stick to one I know ;) I figured a better top speed would beat out your accel, boy was I wrong ; ;

Snorlax 360
17th November 2005, 2:59 AM
Yeah, that would be better. I've stuck with Toad since the SNES days, so I know him preety well.

Mequuh
17th November 2005, 3:05 AM
That belongs in the Friend Finder thread. But, I'll be sure to add you when I go to my moms and can connect to WiFi.

Ronioushi
17th November 2005, 3:20 AM
To anyone that wants to know, you CAN go online with Mario Kart DS on DIAL UP. I know this because I have dial-up and I am ABLE to go online!

Ethereal
17th November 2005, 3:24 AM
Err...yeah. That was already known. That's partly what the Nintendo USB thing is for. I have a DSL/Cable, so I don't have the dial-up problem. I'm just too cheap to pay $50+ in a store, when I can just get an official Nintendo product online.

Mequuh
17th November 2005, 3:25 AM
Yes, I know you can. But I'm not going to buy the cable just so I can go online here too. BTW, do you have Mario Kart DS? If so.. Please tell us your friends code, that is, if you want.

EDIT- Heyrow Jynxo, it's $50 just for that cable? Well, thats not cheap. Like I had said, a D-Link is a Nintendo WiFi capable router and its only $30. But hey, if you'd rather get the official Nintendo cord go for it..

Snorlax 360
17th November 2005, 3:26 AM
Well, I didn't know it could be done on DU. Hope it dosen't cause lag to us broadband users.

Ethereal
17th November 2005, 3:31 AM
EDIT- Heyrow Jynxo, it's $50 just for that cable? Well, thats not cheap. Like I had said, a D-Link is a Nintendo WiFi capable router and its only $30. But hey, if you'd rather get the official Nintendo cord go for it..
Doesn't really matter in the end, since they'd end up the same price in the end.

......Unless, of course, I'd need a brand new cord to play the Revolution online when that comes out. I'm a'thinkin' that the Revolution will work on the same cord as the DS. But seriously, if I'll need a new cord for the Revolution, Nintendo will lose a fanboy.

Mequuh
17th November 2005, 3:34 AM
How will they end up the same price? :s. Ya, if you have to buy a new cord for the Revo that would 5ux0rs.. But Nintendo is smarter than that. (Or are they?...? :p)

MidnightScott
17th November 2005, 4:20 AM
The WiFi USB adapter is only available at Nintendo's online store currently. It has a price set at $34.99 and will eventually be in stores. I can't wait to get Mario Kart DS - though I think I may have to wait until Christmas >_>; My name on my DS is currently just Scott Reed but I think I will make it MidnightScott.

~Scott;229;