PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ships

STJ
18th November 2005, 12:07 AM
Yep, I know there was a thread on this before, but from what I can tell, it has passed the one month mark.. so I've decided to make a new one

There's alot of unrequited ships in this anime, I think..so I'm sure people have alot of fun pairing people up here..

As for me.. well.. I'll let you guys know later

Kamairie
20th November 2005, 5:22 AM
Well, I personally don't like any specific pairings in Naruto. It's either that I don't like/hate one of the characters, don't see any spark or just don't like it.

There are some so-so, okay ships I accept such as ShikaIno, NaruHina, LeeSaku and stuff . . . bleh.

Uchiha Sakura
20th November 2005, 9:04 PM
Since I'm obsessed with Naruto, I'm pretty much open to all ships. <_< But some of my favorites include...um...Sasuke x Sakura, Naruto x Hinata, Zabuza x Haku, Naruto x Ino...and many, many more. xD

STJ
21st November 2005, 3:33 AM
Well, I suppose I should let it be known what ships I like, Admittedly I haven't watched too many episodes..

Many ships are possible in this Anime, I can tell, but the ships I like are Rock Lee and Sakura, and possibly Naruto/Hinata..

Yep, I probably like the Lee/Sakura ship since it was the first ship I came across..not quite sure where the writers are going with it, but I am hopeful

wobbsalad
21st November 2005, 8:21 AM
Naruto-Ino? Never thought of that one. She seems too stuck up, but MAJOR SPOILER: after the time jump, she does greet him really warmly upon his return. It doesn't matter anyway, HinaNaru is so canon, she made him Naruto-shaped onigiri for pete's sake, which he loved and said she'd make a great wife.

Uchiha Sakura
21st November 2005, 9:38 PM
Naruto-Ino? Never thought of that one.
Lol, it just came to my mind yesterday. xD I thought it would be interesting if they were a couple...xP

She seems too stuck up, but MAJOR SPOILER: after the time jump, she does greet him really warmly upon his return.
I remember Sakura doing something like that when Naruto was attempting to get those bells fro Kakashi in episode...5 I think it was. Which reminds me, I also like Naruto x Sakura...xP

It doesn't matter anyway, HinaNaru is so canon, she made him Naruto-shaped onigiri for pete's sake, which he loved and said she'd make a great wife.
Ooo, I need to see that. o.o I really wanna see Hinata's reaction...xD

More Naruto couples I like:

Naruto x Iruka, Kakashi x Sasuke, Kakashi x Sakura, Kakashi x Naruto, Rock Lee x Gaara, Gaara x Sasuke, and again, many, many more. xD

wobbsalad
21st November 2005, 11:42 PM
Well BK, all the new ones you mentioned are yaoi/big age difference so I don't know that I'm completely with you on those. Sasuke x Sakura you mentioned first--she seems pretty devoted to him, but that guy Sasuke lives in a different world. It's going to take a serious butt-kicking for him to come around, methinks.

STJ
21st November 2005, 11:55 PM
Ooo, I need to see that. o.o I really wanna see Hinata's reaction...xD

Well apparently, she blushes, not quite sure if she does anymore than that

Hmm....Sasuke... I dunno.. he dosen't seem the type to fall in love with anybody..oh well..

Uchiha Sakura
22nd November 2005, 12:52 AM
Well BK, all the new ones you mentioned are yaoi/big age difference so I don't know that I'm completely with you on those. Sasuke x Sakura you mentioned first--she seems pretty devoted to him, but that guy Sasuke lives in a different world. It's going to take a serious butt-kicking for him to come around, methinks.
Well, like I said I'm open to most ships in Naruto. x3;

Sakura is probably more obsessed with Sasuke than I'll ever be. xD Saskue, on the other hand, is too focused on trying to get stronger to kill Itachi to notice girls. :/ But if he wasn't focused on that, maybe he'd notice her a bit? I'm not sure about that, because that'd be a whole new Sasuke then the one we know and love...xP

Mimori Kiryu
22nd November 2005, 12:57 AM
I support ships like Butter Knyfe XD

I like almost any ship ever on the show but my personal favorites are Naruto x Iruka and Sasuke x Sakura.

Other than that, I'm neutral on most shippings. This is one of the shows where the shippings don't hit you in the face. lol

wobbsalad
22nd November 2005, 4:16 AM
Lately the filler eps have made even me almost tire of HinaNaru hints. Let's see something happen already!

STJ
22nd November 2005, 4:22 AM
Really? So does Naruto have feelings for Hinata now? Or has it been one-sided?

Uchiha Sakura
22nd November 2005, 4:38 AM
Yeah, all I know right now is that Hinata has a huge crush on Naruto...I need more info. xD

Tasumi
22nd November 2005, 4:51 AM
Jiraiya x Tsunade in later episodes Jiraiya talks alot about her.

Kabuto x Orochimaru

Orochimaru x Tsunade

Naruto x Sakura

Sasuke x Sakura

TenTen x Neji

>_> I support mainly these ones. So umm....yeah.

Uchiha Sakura
22nd November 2005, 10:31 PM
Kabuto x Orochimaru

TenTen x Neji
...I can't believe I forgot those two. Dx Especially Neji x TenTen...it's one of my favorites.

Jiraiya x Tsunade in later episodes Jiraiya talks alot about her.
Ooo, that sounds pretty shippy, and interesting. xP

wobbsalad
22nd November 2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah the Jiraiya-Tsunade thing is really great and below the surface, the scene where they drink together at the bar was good, and when they were young Jiraiya made fun of her for not having any chest at all (he's king of all perverts, and has obviously been hyper-obsessed with chest size all his life), and lol look how much tsunade has changed since then. It's funny to draw parallels between the Sannin (Jiraiya, Orichimaru and Tsunade) and the team of naruto Sakura and Sasuke, not only in terms of skills and affiliation but also romance. You've got Sasuke defecting to Orchimaru, Tsunade mentoring Sakura as a medical ninja, and Jiraiya teaching Naruto in seclusion for three years. When they were young Tsunade probably liked Orichimaru (everybody did before he turned evil, just like Sasuke), and despite his teasing Jiraiya probably was in love with Tsunade just like Naruto loves Sakura. Orichimaru/Sasuke both couldn't give a darn about romance. So in the end will it be Jiraiya x Tsunade and Naruto x Sakura? Probably not in either circumstance. Hinata will interfere with the latter, and something tells me either J or T is going to die before anything happens between them a la Crouching Tiger. Just my theory.

Uchiha Sakura
23rd November 2005, 3:18 AM
Yeah the Jiraiya-Tsunade thing is really great and below the surface, the scene where they drink together at the bar was good, and when they were young Jiraiya made fun of her for not having any chest at all (he's king of all perverts, and has obviously been hyper-obsessed with chest size all his life), and lol look how much tsunade has changed since then.
...Now I've become even more interested in that pairing. xD

You've got Sasuke defecting to Orchimaru, Tsunade mentoring Sakura as a medical ninja, and Jiraiya teaching Naruto in seclusion for three years. When they were young Tsunade probably liked Orichimaru (everybody did before he turned evil, just like Sasuke), and despite his teasing Jiraiya probably was in love with Tsunade just like Naruto loves Sakura. Orichimaru/Sasuke both couldn't give a darn about romance. So in the end will it be Jiraiya x Tsunade and Naruto x Sakura? Probably not in either circumstance. Hinata will interfere with the latter, and something tells me either J or T is going to die before anything happens between them a la Crouching Tiger. Just my theory.
...Right now I'm too lazy to give a full response to your theory. But I do agree with the Jiraiya x Tsunade thing, but not so much Naruto x Sakura. Why? Well first of all, I have this really strong feeling that it'll wind up being Naruto x Hinata. Secondly, no matter what happens to Sasuke or what he does, he'll most likely always have a special place in Sakura's heart, if she truly loves him that it. True love almost never lets anything get in the way of it. Even if Sasuke doesn't seem to care for her in that way. ;P

...I don't know why I put that whole thing in spoilers, but...oh well...<<

Satoshi
23rd November 2005, 4:38 AM
I'm a veteran fan of Naruto, and I got to say it has lots of shippings....most of whom are one-sided, of course. And I support all of them, all of the ships just kind of appeal to me, no more, no less.

Which isn't fun, I can't debate with anyone, because I support all of them. P:

Tasumi
23rd November 2005, 6:04 AM
But I do agree with the Jiraiya x Tsunade thing, but not so much Naruto x Sakura. Why? Well first of all, I have this really strong feeling that it'll wind up being Naruto x Hinata. Secondly, no matter what happens to Sasuke or what he does, he'll most likely always have a special place in Sakura's heart, if she truly loves him that it. True love almost never lets anything get in the way of it. Even if Sasuke doesn't seem to care for her in that way. ;P

Yeah, but what about the part when Naruto was fighting Garaa(sp?) and he rescued Sakura before the sand squished her body so that eventually she'll die? And the part when Sasuke explains that he didn't save her, Naruto did, her feelings sorta changed.

Wow spoilers. ><

Valkyrie X
24th November 2005, 4:22 AM
I really like Sakura x Sasuke...I just think it's cute. XD There's a lot of good fics on fanfiction.net about them, too.

;381;AMW;380;

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
24th November 2005, 4:30 AM
The ones i know off the top of my head
Naruto/Sakura
Naruto/Hinta
Naruto/The Hokage
Naruto/Sasuke
Naruto/Kakashi
Sasuke/Rock Lee
Sasuke/Sakura
Sasuke/ Itachi, his bro
Sasuke/Kakashi
Sasuke/Orochimaru
Sakura/Kakashi
Sakura/Rock Lee
Hinta/ Rock Lee
hinta/ Neji
Rock Lee/ Tenten
Neji/Tenten
Yes yes, Yoai shippings are in there too. those are all the ones I know, and the bold ones are the ones I support, Italasised are the ones I Loathe

Uchiha Sakura
24th November 2005, 5:04 AM
I really like Sakura x Sasuke...I just think it's cute. XD There's a lot of good fics on fanfiction.net about them, too.

;381;AMW;380;
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of SasuSaku stories on Fanfiction.net...I'm guessing it's a fairly popular pairing. ^^

STJ
24th November 2005, 6:02 AM
I have a question concerning Naruto/Hinata

Has Naruto fouind out that the girl in the waterfall is Hinata yet?

wobbsalad
24th November 2005, 8:12 AM
Waterfall question...no, and he probably never will, seeing as the waterfall incident didn't happen in the manga, so alluding to it in the future will most likely be irrelevant. Consider it a one-shot cute scene that establishes Hinata's awakening as a superior ninja (something manga-only types will just have to assume happened during the time jump) and teasing Naruto for what he's boneheadedly missing out on. Gads, I hate ending with a preposition, let alone two in a row...and yes, I have total faith in HinaNaru, I just like imagining what SakuraxNaruto would be like sometimes. In the fillers, Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata are on a mission to the "wild west" to capture a bandit--probably another hint coming tomorrow when I see the latest ep

STJ
30th November 2005, 7:55 AM
Really? OH well, It was funny anyway

I'll revive this thread with a topic

For your pairing/pairings, do you have a favourite moment that they have? Or, for pairings which are more 'fanon' a favourite fanfiction?

Peach
30th November 2005, 6:56 PM
I support Naruto x Sasuke <3
I'm not sure who I should pair Sakura with XD

Riaf
1st December 2005, 12:51 AM
How'd I miss this? Dammit...

Anyways, I don't trust the anime and it's BS hints like that onigori thing. NaruHina is really one-sided and the manga doesn't build much up on that. And trust me, Itachi's not the reason why Sasuke doesn't pay attention to girls. XD

My personal favorites are NaruAnko (that's seriously hott sex :3), NarutoTsun (that's even hotter XD), NaruKure (acutally, Naruto with ANY older woman is hot 8D) and DosuZaku because...well, I like it. XD

sweethart_772002
1st December 2005, 5:42 AM
Yay :D Naruto!

Ahh...let's see...

I really like Naruto/Sakura ^^ Heh, they just seem to click for some reason o_0 especially in the newer manga it does XD;

But I'm a newbie Naruto fan XD what do I know?!

wobbsalad
1st December 2005, 6:56 AM
Myself, I love anything with Temari in it, and Temari x Shikamaru is good enough for me. Her "apron" outfit makes me sweat bullets...

About Sasuke ignoring girls, I really don't think he's gay, if that's what you were implying Riaf. Although I'm not ignorant of Naruto x Sasuke hints like Naruto saying to Sakura that Sasuke was much better looking than his replacement on Team Kakashi.

Riaf
1st December 2005, 11:55 PM
Well wobbsalad, if a guy wants to spend his life trying to match up to a guy rather than take the mob of women that surrounds him everday, what do you think? But seriously, I think Sasuke's just an asexual guy who's blinded by some retarded rage to kill his brother and that's it.

Yasuki-chan
2nd December 2005, 1:37 AM
My favorites (plus favorite crack pairings) would be:

Asuma x Kurenai
Deidara x Sasori
Gaara x Temari
Itachi x Anko
Jiraiya x Tsunade
Kakashi x Rin
Kiba x Hinata
Kyuubi no Yoko x Ayame
Naruto x Hinata
Neji x TenTen
Obito x Shizune
Sasuke x Sakura
Shikamaru x Ino
Shino x Hanabi
Zabuza x Haku

I told you, lots of crack pairings...

Topic - For your pairing/pairings, do you have a favourite moment that they have? Or, for pairings which are more 'fanon' a favourite fanfiction?

My favorite pairing would be SasuSaku, so my favorite moment would have to be Chapter 180, when Sakura tells Sasuke she loves him with all her heart and if he left she would be just as lonely as him. Sasuke is still going to join Orochimaru, so Sakura threatens to scream but Sasuke is suddenly behind her and tells her 'Thank You.' then knocks her out and sets her on the bench.

wobbsalad
2nd December 2005, 4:17 AM
I was going to say, "well, look at Orichimaru, he's power-obsessed but not gay at...um, nevermind." And yeah Yasuki that moment had to be the most dramatic and emotional in the series, though I'm not sure what Sasuke was thanking her for since nothing she did really helped him with his final decision or changed his mind.

Tenten
2nd December 2005, 8:40 AM
Here goes....

NejiTen- It's a great pairing that I enjoy so much. I saw many hints while watching the SUB, so I hoped that maybe these two can be together. (Unfortunately, most of the fanfics from FF.net make them OOC, but they're still great.

(*Whoever likes LeeTen, don't hurt me, please! I'm REALLY REALLY frightened of the LeeTen guys...I met a fan of that pairing once and I talked about NejiTen with them and...let's just say it was the most horrible experience I never want to relive EVER.)

NaruHina-When he realizes that she acknowledged ever since she first saw him, then that'll be the day. LOL. It's a sweet pairing of love that is unrequited...for now.

SasuSaku-I can't imagine Sasuke with anyone else. Besides, he wants to revive his clan, and I thought Sakura would be his best bet, since Ino really gets on his nerves, I doubt he'd want stubborn weapon master TenTen, and Hinata belongs to Naruto. =D Besides, she's growing on him.

For your pairing/pairings, do you have a favourite moment that they have? Or, for pairings which are more 'fanon' a favourite fanfiction?
My favorite pairing is NejiTen. All the anime SUB episodes where they train together are my favorite moments. And the fact that he tried to take TenTen's side (in vain) during the Temari vs. TenTen match. He was actually COMPLIMENTING her, although he did point out that TenTen was no match against Temari. Plus, in the manga, (forgot what chapter) when Neji popped the bubble that had TenTen trapped inside of it. It's strange how I usually find Neji and TenTen standing next to each other...etc.
As for fanfictions, there are a LOT of fanfictions there I enjoy. My favorite authors that write about my favorite pairings are RedLotusNinandIceHunterNin, HarukaKanata, and every other contributer in the fanfiction.net C2 community called "Fate".

Other pairings I like:
JiraiyaxTsunade
HakuxZabuza
OrochimaruxTsunade
KurenaixAsuma
KakashixRin
IrukaxAnko

And crack pairings, but I forgot them all....T_T

Yasuki-chan
3rd December 2005, 3:27 AM
I was going to say, "well, look at Orichimaru, he's power-obsessed but not gay at...um, nevermind." And yeah Yasuki that moment had to be the most dramatic and emotional in the series, though I'm not sure what Sasuke was thanking her for since nothing she did really helped him with his final decision or changed his mind.

Um... yeah. ^^; From the Wikipedia Page on Sasuke:

As he sneaks out of the village, Sakura finds him, and soon understands the magnitude of what he is about to do. Crying and desperate not to lose Sasuke, Sakura does anything she can think of, confessing her love for him and even offering to join his twisted journey so they at least can be together. Sasuke's cryptic last words before swiftly knocking her out and departing are "Sakura... Thank you". The databook elaborates on this a bit, saying that "Sasuke is unable to answer her feelings - At the end, he leaves her with only a word of gratitude rather than words of parting". This was voted as the #1 most touching scene in Naruto to date in a poll among Japanese fans.

Hope that answers it!

wobbsalad
3rd December 2005, 6:35 AM
I'm really torn between empathy for Sasuke and thinking he's a right sorry *******. I know what it's like to want revenge for long-standing injustice, but maturity dictates living in the now and valuing what you have rather than what could have been. Sasuke really is a fascinating character.

Tenten
4th December 2005, 7:42 AM
Oh NO! I was afraid of this!!! (I thought Karashi might fall for her, but thank goodness it didn't happen. He was ugly. And only the SUB watchers will probably know what I'm rambling about if they saw episodes #152-157)TenTen is falling for the Feudal Lord, Sagi, of the Bird Country! Noooooo! I'm not lying----I saw her blush at the sight of him! (I blushed too---he was pretty cute. But he's not as hot as Neji-kun!) Oh no, snap outta it, TenTen! Exactly WHO wrote that filler, anyway? Who ever wrote that crap is going to be REALLY sorry if TenTen doesn't get over it....(Episode 163, the one showing next week). Neji, do something! Where is INO when you need her?XDDD
Of course, I could just be assuming that ^ since I didn't actually hear what she said about him YET and that I only heard that from a spoiler about next week's episode.

I'm really torn between empathy for Sasuke and thinking he's a right sorry *******. I know what it's like to want revenge for long-standing injustice, but maturity dictates living in the now and valuing what you have rather than what could have been. Sasuke really is a fascinating character.
I thought, from the first time I saw him, that he was just some serious jerk who somehow brainwashed other girls to idolize him because of his coolness and strength and "good looks", but as I learned more about him, I grew to kinda like him. (And hearing this from a girl is strange) After he gets his revenge on Itachi, he DOES want to revive his clan. And to do that, he must marry a woman who will bear the future Uchiha children. I just hope he uses his brain and choose Sakura for that, but not just because it will revive his clan. He better choose her because he actually LOVES her, too. (Or else.)

STJ
4th December 2005, 10:57 AM
Well, based upon the fansub, she says "Going by his face, he might be pretty cool"

Of course, if it makes you feel any better, Neji tells her to be quiet straight after, heh

Riaf
4th December 2005, 4:24 PM
After he gets his revenge on Itachi, he DOES want to revive his clan. And to do that, he must marry a woman who will bear the future Uchiha children. I just hope he uses his brain and choose Sakura for that, but not just because it will revive his clan. He better choose her because he actually LOVES her, too. (Or else.)

Are you kidding? Only once did Sasuke claim he wanted to revive his clan, and that was in the fourth chapter. Now, he's all bent on killing Itachi and he even said that, "As long as I have my revenge...I don't care what Orochimaru intends to do with me." I seriously doubt he would try to revive his clan now.

Tenten
4th December 2005, 10:08 PM
Are you kidding? Only once did Sasuke claim he wanted to revive his clan, and that was in the fourth chapter. Now, he's all bent on killing Itachi and he even said that, "As long as I have my revenge...I don't care what Orochimaru intends to do with me." I seriously doubt he would try to revive his clan now.
Oops, I got so carried awy, I forgot that he said that! ^^;; Eh heh heh...whoops. Well, that takes care of that, then.

Well, based upon the fansub, she says "Going by his face, he might be pretty cool"
Of course, if it makes you feel any better, Neji tells her to be quiet straight after, heh
Ehh...that sorta made me feel better and it sorta made me feel worse. Ah well. But I've got nothing to worry about. They'll only see him during the mission anyway. T__T I wasn't thinking straight, I should've thought about that!

Kenta99
5th December 2005, 7:38 PM
Im big on Naruto pairings lol

Heres my top lists:

1. Naruto/Hinata-cute, would be a high value pairing perhaps(Hokage/Head of Hyuuga)

2. Shikamaru/Temari-run into each other more than once. Have interesting things to say. Would do wonders for the Leaf/Sand Alliance. She scares him more than his mother XD

3. Sasuke/Sakura-meant to be cause she wont give up on him.

4. Kabuto/Shizune-fought well against each other, near the same ages, good with healing techniques, Both serve their Sannin master well. Just looks good to me.

5. Neji/Tenten-both are serious about hard work, practice well together.

6. Chouji/Ino-she cares about him openly(not wanting him to keep eating).

7. Gai/Lee(in a father/son way)-gotta love how they get emotional

8. Mizuki/Tsubaki-Even if its filler, the new story concerning him was very interesting. Him having a fiancee was pretty good. Though Orochimaru's thoughts kinda had him hurt her in the process. Wanting to get even stronger. If they can help him recover, then this is very possible in the anime fillerverse XD

9. Jiraiya/Tsunade-funny relationship. He likes her looks, she gets mad at him a lot. Reminds me of Miroku/Sango

10. Asuma/Kurenai-looks good to me. Even Kakashi sorta acknowedged it lol

Darkhorses:

1. Itachi/Sakura-sure the age is off, but sometimes Sasuke pisses me off lol
Looks interesting enough. That would be like the ultimate insult to his little brother lol

Kakashi/Rin-After Obito was lost, he wanted to protect her for him. She felt the same. Who knows if she is still around somewhere?