PDA

View Full Version : The NEW Fire Emblem Club!

19th November 2005, 3:57 AM
~Approved By Psiumbreon.~

Well, seeing as the old club's dead, I decided to start a new one.

So, welcome to the Fire Emblem Club! Here, we can talk about the games, discuss strategies, and other things. If you wish to join, then just post!

RULES:
1. All of the Serebii Rules apply.
2. NO BASHING OR FLAMING! this includes characters, ideas...
3. SPAM will not be tolerated. AT ALL.
4. Do not go off-topic.
5. I will choose the co-owner(s), so don't ask if you could be one.
6. Have fun!

Link to a Fire Emblem Forum: http://www.s14.invisionfree.com/FESF/index.php

MEMBERS
1. IrregularHunter Profile (Owner)
2. The Fly
3. Lemurian
4. Kojho
5. Silver Ryu
6. Faerie (Co-Owner)
7. BlazikenTyphlosion
8. El Barto (Co-Owner)
9. ~♥Artemis♥~
10. Leon Kennedy
11. kurama45
12. Ktulu
13. Tendo128
14. Yoshinichi
15. Solembum
16. OverClockedZero
17. fuzzyqwilfish
18. Firaga Metagross

The Fly
19th November 2005, 8:07 PM
Hmm...I'll join. I've played FE7 through FE9, so I have some experience.

19th November 2005, 9:01 PM
Welcome, The Fly! *adds to list*

I'm going to wait for a few members before we start a topic...

Lemurian
19th November 2005, 10:39 PM
And I join the third Fire Emblem club...

I've got Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken, Sealed Sword and Sacred Stones. I'm gonna get Path of Radiance too.

19th November 2005, 11:29 PM
*adds* ...Wait, this one's the third one? o.o

Path of Radiance is a great game, IMO. It's easy to get frusterated later, though.

Kojho
20th November 2005, 3:47 AM
I join my second Fire Emblem Club. So which game shall we speak of first.
How about the dark magic glitch in The Sacred Stones.

Lemurian
20th November 2005, 11:49 AM
*adds* ...Wait, this one's the third one? o.o

Path of Radiance is a great game, IMO. It's easy to get frusterated later, though.

Nah, I think Sacred Stones is the...8th. Yeah, 'cause Sealed Sword was the 6th, Rekka No Ken ( the first outside Japan on GBA ) was the 7th, so that makes Sacred the 8th. And Radiance 9th. Whey.

20th November 2005, 1:36 PM
*blinks* I haven't heard of a dark magic glitch...But, welcome, Kojho!

I'll start with a simple topic: What was the first Fire Emblem game you played?

For me, it was Sacred Stones. I wanted to see how the game was played, and I was hooked. Plus, I was obsessed with Roy at the time...>.>;

Lemurian
20th November 2005, 5:24 PM
My first was Fire Emblem ( the first on GBA ). I never stopped playing for months, except for eating, sleeping and school.

Silver Ryu
21st November 2005, 5:05 AM
My first was just Fire Emblem. A friend reccomended it.

Don't have Path of Radiance yet. I'm planning to get Shadow the Hegehog first.

The Fly
21st November 2005, 6:33 PM
Easy. Rekka no Ken, first to come out in North America. I had no idea what Fire Emblem was at that time but it seemed appealing, so I bugged my mother to buy it for Christmas. Boy, am I glad I did...

Kojho
22nd November 2005, 2:43 AM
Well, there is this glitch in the game, and you follow all thew steps correctly, you can teach any character dark magic. Imagine level 20 Artur Bishop with that kind od power. I can, cause I have it. Here is the link.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/code/921183.html

23rd November 2005, 9:47 PM
Hmm...I may try that when I get farther.

So...NEW TOPIC TIME!
Who is your favorite character in any of the Fire Emblem games?

I have a few: Roy, Lethe, Soren, Jill, Stefan...I like a whole bunch of characters from Path of Radiance.

Kojho
24th November 2005, 2:14 AM
I like Hector, Artur, Guy, Joshua, Harken, Dart, Canas, and Ephriam.

Faerie
24th November 2005, 2:29 AM
Ooh, I'll join. ^__^ I like Fire Emblem. My friend lent me The Sacred Stones, and it rocks.

Hmm...And my favorite character? Either Joshua or Moonstone. Haha, I like characters like them. It's the sarcasm and the devil-may-care attitude, I guess. xD

Lemurian
24th November 2005, 4:33 PM
Joshua, Sain and Geitz. Those are my favourites, mainly because of their personality.

Faerie
25th November 2005, 11:25 PM
Who else besides me has Sacred Stones? If you have it, how far are you? I'm on the fifth mission, but I can't get far withought someone dying. Either Joshua gets a critical hit and kills me, I recruit Joshua and someone gets killed, and...Once Seth killed Joshua. O__o;

Atari
26th November 2005, 12:08 AM
Can I join? I'm not very updated on the newer versions, but I'm a big fan of the original Fire Emblem. Same with Sacred Stones. Only on the original, I've probably been on the same level for 6+ months. That's right! Chapter 26x, Night of Farewells. I've tried every strategy I can think of, except right when I'm about to kill Sonia, someone really good dies such as Guy or Pent. I need some suggestions.

26th November 2005, 1:30 AM
@ Faerie: I let my troops stay away from Joshua, like on the other side of town, until I recruit him, then I let my strongest fighters take the front and hack away. But I don't really remember how I handled it, though...

@ BlazikenTyphlosion: Sure. *adds*

Faerie
26th November 2005, 5:49 AM
Yeah. I try to stay out of Joshua's movement range, but sometimes my troops just get too clustered, or they can't move far enough to get out. It was a while ago when I kept getting my troops slaughtered by Joshua, and now I'm doing better with recruiting him, but someone always dies AFTER I recruit him. >__> It really ticks me off.

1st December 2005, 12:30 AM
Wee, I haven't been paying attention.

Have you tried talking to Joshua, then using the rescue option with a Horse rider? That could work. But if you've already beat that stage, then meh. >.>

Alright, we did favorite chracters, how about favorite cutscenes or quotes? Like what Ike said in chapter 7 of PoR:

"Uh, that's a girl." XD There's plenty more where that came from...

Faerie
5th December 2005, 5:59 AM
Hah! Ike's one of my friend's favorite characters. I can name a million quotes. >D So emm, here's my (probably) favorite one.

"Hey, I got nothing against heaven, but I'm right here if you want someone to thank. If not, well...Get behind me." - Joshua to Natasha, Chapter 5 of Sacred Stones

I'm not sure if that's exactly what he said, but I know it's close. xD

@Catgirl Sarisa: I finally beat Chapter 5. I also beat Chapter 5x in the same day, but it took a while. >__> The magic-user that stood on the stairs in 5x kept coming out of nowhere and attacking me right when I forgot about them, but I finally remembered to send Orson down there. I whooped him. The boss-person was pretty easy too. The cutscene-type thing with Valter was interesting though.

Chapter 6 is going to take me a while, since I've only been working on it for a little bit and I'm still not used to the people appearing out of nowhere. I've found that Colm often dosen't tend to be able to do a lot of damage with his starter weapon, so I'm considering giving him something different. Either way, though, I'll definetley keep him because of his wide sight range in levels like that.

Kojho
7th December 2005, 1:54 AM
I have beaten the game like a thousand times, and here are my recommendations.

Train
Lords
Joshua(swrdmaster)
Ross (bezerker)
Colm(assasain)
artur(bishop)
amelia(general)
franz(great knight)
mage recruit dude(druid)
merc dude(hero)

Its been a really long time, so give me a character list, and Il tell you the best classes for each one

PS
the knight dude sux major balz, dont train him at all, wait for amelia. Seth too, if you want another calvery, wait for one of the other two guys.

Faerie
7th December 2005, 4:28 PM
Um...Kojho, Seth's a paladin. I think the person you were thinking of was Franz. He's a cavalier.

I think that Ephraim needs a more balanced party though. It's true that there are only four people, but three of them are mounted and two have the same class. This is the list, I think:

Ephraim - Lord
Orson - Paladin (another default Paladin? O__o)
Forde - Cavalier
Kyle - Cavalier

So many mounted units. >__> It's strange, isn't it? I wonder if you have any chances to recruit on Ephraim mode.

Kojho
11th December 2005, 12:31 AM
Don't worry, you get plenty of good units, like the wyvren wrider. Arrgh, whats his name!!!! All I remember is that he kicked A as a WyvrenLord. Don't bother with the wyvren knight. And I did mean Seth, hes pretty good, but Franz is better. And you get another Great Knight, and Peg Knights and above dude. So you don't need any more calvery. Oh, don't train Gilliam, he royally sux.

Prelude
12th December 2005, 2:12 AM
Uhhh...I'll...join?

Yellow Bommen
12th December 2005, 2:13 AM
Fine, since you want members, Sarisa, I'll join. ^^

12th December 2005, 2:40 AM
Cool, two new members. *adds to list*

Alrighty then...New topic!
What class/unit is your favorite?

Mine is Paladins, Sword Masters, and Mages. And Wyvern Riders. >.>

The Fly
12th December 2005, 8:07 PM
Sages own. I have a thing for magic, particularly elemental magic.

Faerie
13th December 2005, 4:12 AM
What class/unit is your favorite?

I'd have to say that my favorite classes are Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord and Wyvern Knight. See a pattern? xD Yeah, I just love dragons...Okay, um, wyverns. They look so cool in FE: TSS. *shrugs* Well, it's actually the only Fire Emblem game I have.

Come to think of it, whatever class Myrrh is, that's probably my favorite. Wyvern/human hybrids have always been appealing to me.

I don't really dislike Paladins, but I think they're way overused. There are too many default Paladins in Fire Emblem. Two in Sacred Stones, in fact, or maybe more. They're just used too much and have become cliches in teams. Like ubers in the Pokemon games, really.

Paladin-in-a-Box. xD *shot for inside joke*

Umm, well, I have a new topic.

What is your opinion on Support Relationships?

I know that Support Relationships can increase stats depending on the affinities and blah blah blah, but I don't really give a care about that. I actually like to think of Support Relationships as the equivalent of relationships IRL, such as friendship, romance, etc. Thus I decide who will be paired with who depending on this. I've never been much for making decisions based solely on game mechanics. I'm weird that way.

...And there's a reason Seth and Joshua aren't compatible. *coughPOLAROPPOSITEScough*

So far I have these Support Relationships:

Seth/Eirika ~ C-level (GO TO B-LEVEL darnit! ;-; )
Joshua/Natasha ~ C-level
Ross/Garcia ~ B-level

The Fly
13th December 2005, 7:56 PM
Besides the gameplay, supports are the only reason I play Fire Emblem. It makes for some entertainment and inspiration for fanfiction.

Faerie
13th December 2005, 11:41 PM
Umm...Just a question: is this a coincedence, or is it programmed? Some of the Support Relationships go up pretty fast (ex. Ross and Garcia), but one of them is taking much longer to progress (Seth and Eirika). Is it just because Ross and Garcia is basic - after all, they're father and son - or does it really have to do with anything? I think it's probably coincedential, but I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

And I have another question. But this is more of a problem. I've gotten some of my units to Level 10 (Garcia, Franz, Eirika, and Vanessa), but for some reason they won't change classes. Is this a glitch or do I have to do something to get them to change? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I borrowed Sacred Stones from my friend and I don't have the instruction manual. I would call him or ask him at school, but I'm really really sick and I've almost lost my voice. >__<

Besides the gameplay, supports are the only reason I play Fire Emblem. It makes for some entertainment and inspiration for fanfiction.Yeah, definitley. They do make really good fanfic inspiration. I haven't exactly written anything on them yet, but I'm doing a lot of fanart and working on story ideas. *nods*

Oh, if you haven't beaten Sacred Stones yet, did you know that if you get some of your Support Relationshps to A-level, the character endings are different? Only a few of them change (Seth/Eirika and Joshua/Natasha - my two favorites! -, to name a few), but I think it's neat.

Kojho
14th December 2005, 12:43 AM
know that Support Relationships can increase stats depending on the affinities and blah blah blah, but I don't really give a care about that. I actually like to think of Support Relationships as the equivalent of relationships IRL, such as friendship, romance, etc. Thus I decide who will be paired with who depending on this. I've never been much for making decisions based solely on game mechanics. I'm weird that way.

...And there's a reason Seth and Joshua aren't compatible. *coughPOLAROPPOSITEScough*

So far I have these Support Relationships:

Are you kidding? The whole point of a plot is supports. You might as well be palying Advance Wars without them. Not only are they good for the characters and fanfiction, they help you understand the plot better.

And if this is your first fire emblem here is a runthrough

Fighters and warriors suck aka garcia
wyvren lords are much better than the alternative, the peirce isnt worth it
snipers arent that great
mage knights suck

dont use: garcia, gilliam, lrachel's beserker friend, the sniper prince, Tana, Moulder, and the shamen you get. (dont remember some names.)

Class changes require certain items, such as a Hero Crest to get from Merc to Hero. Don't upgrade till you get to level 20, you want you characters to max out as many stats as possible. Its skipping a whole 10 levels of growth if you don't.

paladins are not cliche, I only used on in FE seven, I went Greatknight in SS.

Faerie
14th December 2005, 1:15 AM
Are you kidding? The whole point of a plot is supports. You might as well be palying Advance Wars without them. Not only are they good for the characters and fanfiction, they help you understand the plot better....What? Okay, you really misunderstood me. I was saying that I didn't care about the way Support Relationships affect stats. I love Support Relationships. :x

dont use: garcia, gilliam, lrachel's beserker friend, the sniper prince, Tana, Moulder, and the shamen you get. (dont remember some names.)I don't use Gilliam or Moulder. I'm only using Tana on this one because I need her to recruit the dancer, the other dude and Innes.

BTW, some say that you have to use the dancer to recruit the mercenary person, but you really don't. Here's how I did it:

1. Have Tana talk to Innes and recruit him.
2. Have Innes talk to the dancer and recruit her.
3. Have the dancer dance for Innes.
4. Use Innes to recruit the mercenary.

Lemurian
14th December 2005, 6:57 PM
Why do you think I'm taking the story turn nr. 3 in Rekka and nr.2 in Stones? FOR THE SUPPORTS, DUH!

They just own, man. So...touching *looks at Eliwood/Ninian A*, personality-building *Ross/Lute FTW!* and story-telling *Go Raven/Priscilla/Hector's Knight dude/Lucius*.

Faerie
14th December 2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah. Supports really make the game for me. They're really sweet. I've heard some people say that they make good inspiration for things and I agree.

*has already drawn three Seth/Eirika pics* xP

30th December 2005, 2:34 PM
BTW, some say that you have to use the dancer to recruit the mercenary person, but you really don't. Here's how I did it:

1. Have Tana talk to Innes and recruit him.
2. Have Innes talk to the dancer and recruit her.
3. Have the dancer dance for Innes.
4. Use Innes to recruit the mercenary.

Not true, actually. What I did was:
1. Have Erika speak to Innes and recruit him.
2. Have Innes speak to the mercenary and recruit him.
3. Have mercenary talk to the dancer and recruit her.

It worked, but then I lost one of my men.

I like the support stuff.

Kojho
30th December 2005, 7:26 PM
^Im pretty sure in Ephriams route they start with you automatically. And the dancer is totally useless. NOt like Ninian/ Nils, with there insanly high luck and abiltiy to unlock the secret levels.

Faerie
3rd January 2006, 5:01 AM
Yay. Some people are actually posting here! ^__^

I'm now on Chapter 14: Queen of White Dunes on Eirika mode. It's giving me a bit of trouble at the moment, but I've fixed myself a strategy for it. I'll post it in a while if anyone wants to hear it. Mm-blah.

Of course, Joshua will be on my unit list in this chapter. I wouldn't know that he was the prince of Jehanna unless my friend had told me, but now that I know I definetley am using him. I tend to choose things realistically (as in what would happen if it was real life) in this game rather than just going "OMG dis iz teh better than that cuz yu win faster dis way".

Now back to the topic that I'm itching to get on to...Support Relationships. Yayzers. I've finally got Seth/Eirika to A-level (00BER YAYNESS), as well as Ross/Garcia, Lute/Artur and Joshua/Natasha. I've got C-level on Neimi/Colm, and I've decided that I'll just get that to B-level and then work on Colm/Marisa. Mwahahaha~. >D I'm also planning on starting Innes/Vanessa, but since I never use Vanessa in battle I'll raise it in the Tower of Valni.

Hmm, I may have gone crazy or something, but I've actually started a one-shot based on Seth/Eirika. One of the conversations is based on their A-level support, but there are...A few tweaks. Ksssh, I love that shipping. It pwnz, yah.

*poke* Okay, bye-bye everybody.

Leon Kennedy
3rd January 2006, 4:38 PM
Hi I'm Leon Kennedy and I'd like to join the Fire Emblem club!

I own: Fire Emblem:Rekka no Ken, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

I have beaten Sacred Stones and Rekka no Ken but am working on Path of Radiance

Favorite characters: Joshua, Eliwood, Hector, Ninian, Ike, Ephraim, Eirika, L'Arachel(for comedic purposes) Boyd & Titania( DO THEIR SUPPORTS WITH EACH OTHER, TOO FUNNY err at least the later one)Boyd tells Titania about how he sees Titania as a mother figue and Titania asks Boyd how old he thinks she is, hilarity ensues<funny spoiler.And last but not least Lyon, the fallen prince.

Hardest game:Path of Radiance, JUST DAMN HARD especially chapter ten where you have to release the prisoners if you take the stealthy way, its just evil 2nd hardest: Rekka no Ken because of the Dragon you have to fight in the end Sacred Stones for me was easiestDemon King Fomoortis was easy killed him 3 turns into my fight with him with Ephraim and his Seigmund Sacred Twin
Well I'm done.

16th January 2006, 1:30 AM
Yay, A new member. And I didn't notice... *smacks self with Stefan's weapon* Owwie!

Right, I think it's time to have a Co-Owner. Since Faerie has been posting here a lot, I think she should be the Co-Owner.

So, does anyone have a new topic?

Kojho
17th January 2006, 1:25 AM
Faerie: Joshua Natasha is the easiest support to get, IMO. Pretty avrage, they marry, blah blah blah. But useful if you chose Natasha over L'Rachel

Leon Kennedy
17th January 2006, 11:11 PM
Well for a new topc maybe you should have favorite ultimate/Legendary Weapon? You choose

Faerie
19th January 2006, 2:59 AM
Aww, me? Co-owner? Squee. *hugs* Thanks a bunch.

Well, hello everyone. Nice to see the club getting posts again. For a while there it was a little inactive. Soz it's our job to keep it up and running! *punches the air over-enthusiastically*

I did hear that Joshua/Natasha was the best choice for those two characters because of the stats it raises and shtuff, but that was after I got it to A-level. I just thought those two looked cute together. >D SRs can really screw up a battle strategy sometimes, so I try to work around the SR rather than splitting it up for a strategy. Boss chapters are good, because you can eliminate all of the enemies except for the boss(es) and then work on your SRs until you're ready to fight. Of course, if someone dies than it's just a whole darned waste of your time, but oh well. >__>

Although I haven't been here long, you shouldn't be too surprised with me saying I've started some new Support Relationships. I think I shall go ahead and list them, along with the ones I've already done.

Seth/Eirika | A-level
Joshua/Natasha | A-level
Garcia/Ross | A-level
L'Arachel/Dolza | C-level
Seth/Cormag | C-level
Innes/Vanessa | C-level
Ephraim/Eirika | C-level

I think that's it. Yiss yiss.

Alright, we do need a new topic indeed. I'm not quite sure what my favorite of the special weapons is, but I really like Excalibur. It looks good in battle, and I've always been drawn to magic and things. I'm not very far, only on Chapter Fifteen, but of the ones I know of Excalibur is my favorite.

Kojho
20th January 2006, 2:40 AM
My favorite are is the Legendary Drak Spell, Gestpenst? Not sure on the spelling.

Kurama
20th January 2006, 3:23 AM
whos your favorite person in fire emblem path of radiance

Prelude
20th January 2006, 3:25 AM
Soren. He looks cool, and plus, he's a good Sage. I also like Mordecai because he's a flesh-ripping powerhouse.

Kurama
21st January 2006, 12:34 AM
he really is but i like ria the dragon

Lemurian
26th January 2006, 4:22 PM
I'm planning to buy Path of Radiance. ( No, I'm not gonna say; "Should I buy it?" but... ) Anyone got any good starter tips?

Kurama
28th January 2006, 12:57 AM
yeah try to train alot a very lot

Kurama
28th January 2006, 12:59 AM
can i co-own i know alot about the games

Prelude
28th January 2006, 1:03 AM
Ummm...yeah, can I co-own, too? I have the Sacred Stones (I'm on the final chapter), and I have Path of Radiance (I'm on Chapter 27), and I know quite a bit about both games...although I did skip some people that could've joined my team...like the time I accidentally killed Cormag and forgot about him...

Kurama
29th January 2006, 9:45 PM
what about the original for america?

Karel
31st January 2006, 12:34 AM
Hi there!! I have just found this Club and looks pretty good. Can I join to it? I really like Fire Emblem.
I have finished Fire Emblem:Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and now I'm playing Path of Radiance, so I'd like to get some help too.

31st January 2006, 12:41 AM
Sure, you can join.

Lem, I can't really think of some tips, but a heads-up: It can be very frusterating later in the game, so level up as many units as you can, protect you healers, mages, and archers, and buy plenty of items and use the bonus EXP when you get the chance later in the game.

Karel
31st January 2006, 12:43 AM
Thank you and sorry what's the topic now?

31st January 2006, 12:46 AM
I don't think we have a topic right now...

So, let's come up with one!

If you could change ONE thing about the FE games, what would it be?

Personally, I would like to take out the "If a unit dies, it's dead for good" thing. But I guess they did that to make it more like a real war.

Lemurian
31st January 2006, 6:59 PM
I would have made it possible to save mid-battle, so that you don't have to restart the whole mission 'cause one dies.

Kurama
1st February 2006, 12:31 AM
you can its called suspend

Karel
1st February 2006, 2:03 AM
I think that Lemurian is saying that the game should restart at a exactly moment (like in Pokemon) because if you turn off the GBA in the middle of the opponet's turn it's start in the opponent's turns not in yours; besides that once an attack is made you can't call it off.

Kojho
1st February 2006, 3:03 AM
If I could change 1 thing, it would be the saving modgame. I can't count the number of hours in my life I wasted arena training, then having to start over, because I didn't press B soon enough, or the stupid myrmidon gets a critical with a 3% chance. So I just shout curses at it, throw it across the room, then pick it up again tommororw.

Heres a new topic

Name one of the most frusrating things ever to happen in A Fire Emblem.

Mine would have to be somthing like the above, somthing after spending 5 hours arena training, having everyone at level 20, then your stuid Ross die on level 19 to a knight or somthing equally ridiculous.

Lemurian
1st February 2006, 9:35 PM
you can its called suspend

But that doesn't work the same way. In suspend, you continue the game from EXACTLY the same spot you turned off the game or suspended.

Example 1. Suspend.

Suspend and go back.
Lyn attack Brigand.
Turn off game.
When you come back, you've fought the Brigand.

Example 2. Saving.

Save.
Lyn attack Brigand.
Restart game.
When you come back, it's before Lyn attacked the Brigand.

Point taken?

Karel
2nd February 2006, 1:48 AM
Once I was playing in Lagdou Ruins. I was in the 10th floor and then I killed the five Draco Zombies from below, but I forgot to move L'Arachel (lv 5 only to recover) and a Draco Zombie attacked me with 40 of mt; L'Arachel had only 39 HP!! That was frustrating...

Prelude
2nd February 2006, 2:04 AM
Name one of the most frusrating things ever to happen in A Fire Emblem.

I was at the Chapter where you can battle/get Cormag (Sacred Stones, Ch. 10 I think), got Duessel,beat the Chapter, saved, then found out that I could get Cormag...it was sad...and I was mad...

Kojho
10th February 2006, 2:32 AM
Cormag, in my opinion, is the best flying character in any previous FE game, especially when upgraded to WLord.

I lost my gameboy case, along with both FE games!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10th February 2006, 2:58 AM
Cormag, in my opinion, is the best flying character in any previous FE game, especially when upgraded to WLord.

I lost my gameboy case, along with both FE games!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ooo, snap! That can't be good.

Most frusterating thing? Losing a unit in any of my games. I'm a perfectionist, who knew?

Kurama
11th February 2006, 4:04 PM
But that doesn't work the same way. In suspend, you continue the game from EXACTLY the same spot you turned off the game or suspended.

Example 1. Suspend.

Suspend and go back.
Lyn attack Brigand.
Turn off game.
When you come back, you've fought the Brigand.

Example 2. Saving.

Save.
Lyn attack Brigand.
Restart game.
When you come back, it's before Lyn attacked the Brigand.

Point taken?
ok sooooooooooooooooooooorry

Tendo128
12th February 2006, 6:35 AM
*Joins* I've been addicted to FE ever since I first got the original back in '03. Right now I'm working on Sealed Sword, which I'm over halfway through. My favorite class is Druid, and my favorite characters from any FE game are Raven, Canas, Marisa and Soren.

Has anyone noticed that the addictive appeal of the FE games is quite similar to that of the Pokemon games? I find the diverse range of characters is similar to Pokemon's large selection of allies, and both give the player a great amount of freedom to play their own way.

12th February 2006, 1:43 PM
Yay, new member.

I kinda noticed that. Kinda.

Can anyone think of a good topic? I'm dry. >.>;

Kurama
12th February 2006, 6:48 PM
i'v got one favorite game and why?

Kurama
12th February 2006, 6:48 PM
i'v got one favorite game and why?

^^Yoshinichi^^
18th February 2006, 10:19 PM
May Yoshinichi join? I'm somewhat of a fan of Fire Emblem. I'm currently playing The Sacred Stone's and am on chapter 10,Ephraim's Tale. So anyone hate how hard some people are to recruit such as Amelia or that Wyvern Rider in chapter 10? I forget his name. Favourite character's Ross,my pirate, Colm,my theif,who'll I'll promote to Rogue once he's a good level,Lute my mage, and for some reason Amelia. My favourite class so far is Pirate. Travel's on water,really strong, can use realy good axes,what more could you ask for? If anyone would like to rate my ''team of character's" just ask. Oh,and you can guess what I do when one of my character's die! That's right,restart chapter.EDIT:Beat chapter 10!

18th February 2006, 10:21 PM
Of course you can join.

I'm not sure about chapter 10. I don't think I'm that far. O_o I just started on both of their tales.

Kurama
19th February 2006, 1:49 AM
can i co i own all fe games in america and even ssbm

Faerie
16th March 2006, 3:59 AM
Hey everyone! Didja miss your co-leader? I'm glad to be back here, but I won't be coming as often anymore. If you want to you can make someone else co-leader because I'm not as active...Although, I do like being co-leader. Hah. Well, following the current topic...

What is your favorite Fire Emblem game, and why?
(Sorry, I'm a grammar freak. Just had to fix that.)

I only have one Fire Emblem game, but since it is my first and it's really good, I'd probably say it was my favorite even if I had othes. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Yup. The characters are quite memorable, and the gameplay is very nice (although I like KH:COM's battle system better). It's definetley a unique game and, since my friend lent it to me, I want to buy it after I return it to him.

Prelude
16th March 2006, 9:40 PM
What is your favorite Fire Emblem game, and why?

My favorite FE game is Path of Radiance, because there are no must-have-item-promotions.

Hey everyone! Didja miss your co-leader? I'm glad to be back here, but I won't be coming as often anymore. If you want to you can make someone else co-leader because I'm not as active...Although, I do like being co-leader. Hah. Well, following the current topic...

I can co-own this place, if Profile allows it...

16th March 2006, 11:09 PM
My favorite FE game is Path of Radiance, because there are no item-related promotions.

True, although there's an item that automatically promotes someone if you're too lazy. >.>

My favorite FE game is, of course, Path of Radiance. To me, it takes the game series to a new level. The Laguz are awesome as well.

Eh, I guess I do need another Co-Owner. You can be one, El Barto. You were Goose Gladwell, right? */badmemory*

Prelude
16th March 2006, 11:27 PM
Eh, I guess I do need another Co-Owner. You can be one, El Barto. You were Goose Gladwell, right? */badmemory*

Yeah, I was Goose...that makes 2 clubs I co-own. If you haven't seen the links headed and footed by green, then you should see them. They're hilariously hilarious.

Maybe we should have an official forum. Do you approve?

ViNe WhIp
20th March 2006, 6:45 AM
I would love to join! From the two games I've played I really like the series. At the moment I currently own Sacred Stones and I used to own the first american Fire Emblem but traded it in before I finished and I hope to get Path of Radiance soon.

20th March 2006, 12:56 PM
Welcome, Solembum!

Barto, that's a good idea, but I won't be able to join. It's a promise I made to my parents. >.>

I think we need a banner to get more members. Is anyone willing to make one?

ViNe WhIp
20th March 2006, 9:12 PM
Thanks! Sorry I couldn't make a banner to save my life lol. So is there a topic right now?

Prelude
22nd March 2006, 11:21 PM
Okay. The forum is kinda dead, but with this thread here, it just might come back to life.
http://www.s14.invisionfree.com/FESF/index.php

(Remade it about a week ago)

You should put this on the first post so people might see it.

ViNe WhIp
23rd March 2006, 2:19 AM
This has probably been done before but whats your favorite character class?
Mine would have to be Thiefs because I like their attack animation.

^^Yoshinichi^^
23rd March 2006, 2:24 AM
^ I loooove Pirate's for brute force.
I also like Sage's for Magic power and priest's are so handy againt's monster's.
I like my Rogue Colm and my Ranger, Gerik.
They are cool.

Prelude
24th March 2006, 12:25 AM
Swordmasters. And anything else that is a ground-based swordsman.

25th March 2006, 6:29 PM
What's your favorite character class?
Mages and those assassin guys whose actually class name I cannot pronouce or spell.

*snorts at El Barto's sig* Is that really in the game? None of my characters in Sacred Stones had a support chat yet...

Prelude
25th March 2006, 6:36 PM
*snorts at El Barto's sig* Is that really in the game? None of my characters in Sacred Stones had a support chat yet...

Yes, it is...it's in the Gilliam/Garcia support conversation c or b...I don't remember which one...

anyway, are you gonna put the "official club forum" up? I have the link. Go up a few posts.

ViNe WhIp
25th March 2006, 9:25 PM
You have to initiate the support convos they just dont happen on their own.

Prelude
30th March 2006, 2:20 AM
And you do that by building trust, which you do by having the two battle in the same mission. (I think C is 5, B is 7, and A is 9, but I'm not sure)

OverClockedZero
30th March 2006, 6:39 PM
I'd love to join this club. However, I only played FE9, but eh, I read up on FE6 - 8.

What's your favorite character class?
Heroes, or I think FE4 Sage. I heard their speed cap was like, 30 or something, I cant remember.

30th March 2006, 11:55 PM
And you do that by building trust, which you do by having the two battle in the same mission. (I think C is 5, B is 7, and A is 9, but I'm not sure)

I do plenty of battles with characters who can have support convos. I guess I haven't done enough...

Sure, you can join.

Prelude
31st March 2006, 12:32 AM
You DO know that you have to put units next to each other and choose the "support" command, right?

Edit: Are you ever gonna put up that link I gave you? *coughIke'sResolutionlinkinmysigcough*

OverClockedZero
31st March 2006, 1:10 AM
I got something...

Favorite Mage/Sage?
Either Lilina or Nino.

Prelude
31st March 2006, 1:27 AM
I don't have Fe7, so I'm gonna have to say...Soren.

Dimentio
31st March 2006, 1:31 AM
i'd like to join. i've only played #7-9, but i read a bit about the others.

~fuzzy out~

Prelude
31st March 2006, 1:48 AM
If you live in NA, England, or Australia, it's normal for you to have only played FE7-9.

You may join...*looks at sig*...and update your club list.

Dimentio
31st March 2006, 2:08 AM
oh yeah...i should do that now.

~fuzzy out~

31st March 2006, 2:54 AM
Yay, another member!

Don't worry, I'll put that link up soon enough.

Favorite mage? Soren. Soren all of the way. I like him for his spells, and the fact that he's kinda cute. *stared at* ...What?

Dimentio
4th April 2006, 11:38 PM
Soren is the best mage in PoR for sure.

~fuzzy out~

Kurama
5th April 2006, 7:58 PM
soren is cool

Prelude
6th April 2006, 2:33 AM
I like him for his spells, and the fact that he's kinda cute. *stared at* ...What?

:o

I like him only because he's the strongest mage in the game. And his personality. Always tells the truth, even if it hurts, and is smart. Just like me.

16th April 2006, 2:01 AM
:o

I like him only because he's the strongest mage in the game. And his personality. Always tells the truth, even if it hurts, and is smart. Just like me.

:redface:

*snerk* He is pretty strong, And cute..., so I kept him in my main unit ever since I got him. His past is pretty heartbreaking, too. *hugs Soren Plushie*

C'mon, guys, let's keep this club alive! Can anyone think of a new topic?

Prelude
16th April 2006, 2:02 AM
God, I am SO bored. I'll start a new topic...

Here's a new topic:
Who's your favorite boss?

Black Knight for me. Who else?

16th April 2006, 2:07 AM
Black Knight. BlackKnightBlackKnightBlackKnightBlackKnightBlackK night. I haven't fought him yet, but he's AWESOME. I remeber watching kicking Ranulf's (I can't remember his name exactly, but he was my favorite of the Laguz 'cause he was...No, wait, I won't tell you. :p) butt, and I knew I was going to have fun fighting him later.

Prelude
18th April 2006, 4:07 AM
I remeber watching kicking Ranulf's (I can't remember his name exactly, but he was my favorite of the Laguz 'cause he was...No, wait, I won't tell you. :p) butt, and I knew I was going to have fun fighting him later.

I have a question: How many guys from FE do you like? 'cuz maybe you're gonna have a dream when one of them is married to you, and you don't know it, and you start to flirt with the other one, then the first guy cuts you to pieces. Seriously, stick with one. And claim him in the bishie thread...

Oh, yeah...I forgot to say why I like the Black Knight.

1. He never shows his face, which means he must be too cool for anyone to see. Just like me.

2. His voice

3. He seems to have a mysterious air surrounding him (taken from FE7's description of Hawkeye)

4. He uses a legendary sword (Alondite, if someone asks)

5. All of the above :p

18th April 2006, 4:13 AM
I have a question: How many guys from FE do you like? 'cuz maybe you're gonna have a dream when one of them is married to you, and you don't know it, and you start to flirt with the other one, then the first guy cuts you to pieces. Seriously, stick with one. And claim him in the bishie thread...

*death glare* What can I say? I'm an obsessive fangirl. But Roy (first seen in SSBM, somewhat.) is my absolute favorite. He shall always be my favorite. And although I think Soren's cute, Roy wins all of the way. But I think someone already claimed him...;-;

^^Yoshinichi^^
18th April 2006, 4:29 AM
I really like Joshua's gambling personality and the fact he's a myrmidon.
But Lady La'rachel is well..kinda beautiful and funny. She talk's like she's a bane to monster's. I also like gruff people so kudos to Dozla. Lute is awesome too. Hmm..should I upgrade her to mage knight?

My favourite boss? I liked beating Selena Flourspar. Her Bolting spell made my heart beat fast and she's the only boss I have ever felt pity for.

Firaga Metagross
23rd April 2006, 12:51 PM
Hello! My I join? I have beaten fire emblem 7, 8, and 9.

-;376;

23rd April 2006, 1:29 PM
Sure, you can join.

Can anyone think of a new topic?

Dimentio
23rd April 2006, 4:17 PM
nope, btw my answer for the other topic is this: My favorite boss is probably Valter. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove playing that stage. The bosses from PoR aren't really good (except for the Black Knight). Many of them don't really fit with the story like SS did where many bosses you fought were the top of the top for Grado. The desert stage is the best though for SS, i love the way there are two bosses and a huge enemy force at the bottom, so i split my team into flanks and destroy then fall back. This is giving me an idea for a new topic!

In your opinion, the best/coolest country.
y'know like Grado, Phoenics, etc. Personally i like Jehanna, but Phoenics is cool too.

~fuzzy out~

OverClockedZero
23rd April 2006, 7:33 PM
Favorite Boss? ...I'd say Lloyd, or Sonia. But fighting the Black Knight on FE9 was pretty cool.

Silver Ryu
24th April 2006, 1:36 AM
Hi. I've started playing Sacred Stones again. Again, I'd like to get Path of Radiance soon, but for now I don't have it.

Prelude
24th April 2006, 9:45 PM
In your opinion, the best/coolest country

Begnion, then Gallia, then Phoenices, then Kilvas

Begnion = Rich, just like me

Gallia/Phoenices/Kilvas = Laguz

Dimentio
24th April 2006, 9:49 PM
I like the way Phoenics is just like Phoenix, and the Laguz there are cool.

~fuzzy out~

Prelude
24th April 2006, 10:17 PM
Well, this isn't a new topic, but I'd like to see how people are pronouncing things.

Nephenee = Neff - e - nee

Franz = Frontz

Phoenices = Pheen - i - seez

Crimea = Cry - may - ah

Caellach = Cay - lock

Riev = Reev

OverClockedZero
24th April 2006, 11:27 PM
Well, this isn't a new topic, but I'd like to see how people are pronouncing things.

Nephenee = Neff - e - nee

Franz = Frontz

Phoenices = Pheen - i - seez

Crimea = Cry - may - ah

Caellach = Cay - lock

Riev = Reev

Nephenee: Neph - En - Ay
Franz: Phraunz
Phoenicies: Pho - En - Iss - Seez OR Ciss
Crimea: Cry - Me - Ah
Caellach: Cay - Lack
Riev: Ree - Ev

Zathire
25th April 2006, 1:07 AM
I'm not sure if I want to join but don't con't me out just yet. I've played Path of Radiance at my friend's house and beat it on hard without loosing a single character. I missed out on getting Stefan though.

It's funny because the only way to win was to make sure each time you gave your people bonus expirence to control their next level up that it was really good stats.

I was wondering what teams anyone who's played Path of Radiance used?

My most valuble character was definately Rhys, he is so strong when upgraded and not only can he heal but can kill very well too.

I had Soren and IIana for mages, I ended up going overboard modifing their stats to make sure they had enough defence to survive.

Ike definately deserved alot of credit as he was the most powerful and you don't have a choice.

Boyd, Oscar and Rolf all ended up becoming really strong so much defence and besides oscar attack.

All I can say is stay with people you can uprgade from low levels generally.

Also Volk, he was a very valueble theif who was no push over either, his specialty kicked ***. When it activates, it kills people in one hit no matter what.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to share something about their team and how people turned out if you had it on random stats?

Prelude
25th April 2006, 2:05 AM
My team was:

Ike (Ragnell)
Mist (Runesword)
Soren (Rexbolt)
Boyd (Killer Axe and Silver Axe)
Rolf (Killer Bow and Silver Bow)
Oscar (Silver Lance and Killer Lance
Stefan (Silver Sword and Vague Katti)
Mia (Silver Sword)
Ranulf
Lethe
Marcia (Silver Lance)
Elincia (Sonic Sword)
Geoffrey (Brave Lance)
Volke (Stiletto)

That was my team. If you're wondering why I used Mia, then it's because I wanted to see what Homasa would say to her. Also, the weapons in parentheses are just my main weapons. It doen't mean that I didn't give Mia a Brave Sword or Rolf a Brave Bow, it just means that it was equipped for most of the time.

Kurama
25th April 2006, 11:54 PM
how do you get stefan

Prelude
25th April 2006, 11:58 PM
In Chapter 15, "The Feral Frontier", you get Lethe or Mordecai to the top-right corner of the map. Starting at the top-right corner, go right two spaces and down one space. If you do that with either Laguz, you get Stefan with Vague Katti, one of the S-Ranked weapons. If you do that with a Beorc, then you'll just get the Vague Katti. If you don't get him, you won't get the Occult scroll the following chapter in one of the Infos, either. That's bad.

Since I'm kinda bored, I want to start a new topic:

Who did you use the Occult scrolls on?

I used mine on

Ike
Mist
Soren
Volke

^^Yoshinichi^^
26th April 2006, 12:01 AM
This how I pronounce some of the obscure name's .
Neimi=Nay-me
L'Arachel= La-Aray-shel
Tethys=Teth-is
Gerik= Gare(as in gear)-ick
Ephraim= Ef-ram
Forde=Ford

OverClockedZero
26th April 2006, 12:14 AM
I used mine on

Ike
Volke
Oscar/Kieran/Makalov
A random unit that doesnt have really good skills

Who do you give Wrath and Adept/Vantage and Adept/Wrath and Vantage to? Or Gamble?
Those combinations I give Rolf. He makes the best of it.

Kurama
26th April 2006, 12:17 AM
whats the ocult scroll

Prelude
26th April 2006, 11:23 PM
The Occult Scroll is a rare scroll that contains different Skills for each class (only Promoted units can use it, though).

There are four in the game:

-In Ch. 13, the top-left treasure on the ship with the boss
-In Ch. 15, recruit Stefan (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3135926&postcount=120) and read the 3-star Stefan info right before Ch. 16 to get it
-In Ch. 21 (or 22, don't remember; the one named "without a king"), recruit Tauroneo with Ike to get one (He's holding one, but you can't kill him and take it; or you can steal it with a thief for 10 exp. points, then talk to him with Ike)
-in Ch. 27, the boss drops it (you can't use it until ch. 28, though)

You should use one on Ike before Ch. 27 because of Aether. If you didn't max out Attack and don't have at least 24 speed, you MUST have Aether to beat the Black Knight.