PDA

View Full Version : Help with Frontier team

Stalker of the Sky's
20th November 2005, 6:24 AM
I need some help with my team I already have a Skarmory and thinking of having a Pelipper what do you think of this:
Skarmory @ leftovers Nature: Impish
Steel Wing
Fly
Toxic
Spikes

Pelipper @ Shell bell Nature: Hasty
Fly
Surf
Mist
-

TOY MACHINE
20th November 2005, 8:38 AM
Aerial ace>fly
roar>toxic
anything>pelliper

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
20th November 2005, 2:10 PM
Rest instead of Toxic on Skarmory, and I guess Fly works since the AI doesn't switch at all. I'd still go with Drill Peck if you can get it though, or at the very least, Aerial Ace.

IMO, you need an Elec. resist, since Skarmory is 2x weak, and Pelipper is 4x weak. Go with Marowak:

Marowak & Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
~ Bonemerang
~ Rock Slide
~ Swords Dance
~ Focus Punch/Double-Edge

MAKE SURE IT HAS ROCK HEAD. Marowak will defeat any oncoming Electric Pokémon, and a lot of other Pokémon besides.

Oh, and BTW, Pelipper isn't all that good. Nice Defense, but nothing a well-placed Rock move won't break. If you want Water/Flying, try Gyarados or mantine, preferably Gyarados.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Jetx
20th November 2005, 4:44 PM
I need some help with my team I already have a Skarmory and thinking of having a Pelipper what do you think of this:
Skarmory @ leftovers Nature: Adamant Ability:sturdy
Steel Wing
Aerial ace
Toxic
rock slide

Pelipper @ Shell bell Nature: Modest
Shock wave
Surf
swagger/twister
Ice beam

Hope I helped...

S:C
20th November 2005, 5:02 PM
Skarmory @ leftovers Nature: Impish
Steel Wing
Fly
Toxic
Spikes

You've got the right item and nature.

HP Steel
Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest

Toxic I never found to be all that good on Skarm. Going with Steel Wing is fine, but I find HP Steel more useful since it's of the same power and is 100% accurate.

Pelipper @ Shell bell Nature: Hasty
Fly
Surf
Mist
-

Use leftovers. You also want a Modest nature.

Ice Beam
Surf
Toxic
Substitute

Pelipper ain't that great, so Sub is just filler. Figure out what to do here as I've never used Pellipper before.
Comments are in bold.

Obiwan Shinobi
20th November 2005, 5:09 PM
Skarmory learns Steel Wing, go with that instead. As it taeks forever to get the right HP.

Stalker of the Sky's
28th November 2005, 7:00 AM
Thanks for all those suggestions and please give me a third Pokemon for my party as well.
Your help is very much appreciated
-;279;

~Phanpy~
28th November 2005, 11:26 AM
As said before, you have a weakness to electricity, so get rid of Pelliper for Marowak as Commander Blizzard said, and try something different, but it depends on what you want. you have to read the rules though, you can't just say "Give me a pokemon with the item, nature and moves" its against them.

~Phanpy~ ;231;