PDA

View Full Version : Do you find AntiShippers annoying?

Kagome Higurashi
21st November 2005, 1:05 AM
Like the title says, do you find shippers that go against yours and ones that support the ones you don't like annoying?

Tropical Spirit
21st November 2005, 1:27 AM
No. Everyone has their own opinion. Plus, it GETS annoying when pokeshipping, advanceshipping and contestshipping all pop up in every single damn thread.

taitofan
21st November 2005, 2:23 AM
So long as they don't try to shove their opinions down everyone else's throat, then no. As TM-danna said, every has the right to their own opinion. It's just as annoying when shippers start dominating a non-shipping thread as when a non-shipper starts whining in a shipping thread. The age old, "Don't like it? Don't look at it!" saying comes to mind...

And if they start insulting me or someone else personally simply for liking a ship, then they aren't annoying, they're an ignorant jacka*s. >=O

STJ
21st November 2005, 2:48 AM
As long as they can say with some form of intelligence why they don't like the ship I support, then I don't have a problem at all...Hey, I wouldn't have anti-shipping pages on my site if I thought that it was a problem, now would I? XD

as above people have said, it's freedom of expression, and as long as they remain polite (as both anti-shipppers and shippers should be) then their opinion is no less valid than those who support the ship (including the ones I may support).

Of course, if they start insulting the ships for no good reason, then that's a different story, but I rarely come across that anyway, so..

Meganium Ex
21st November 2005, 3:01 AM
I don't find it annoying, but when they pop up in the thread posting "This Shipping STINKS!!!", then yes, it's very anoying

Tropical Spirit
21st November 2005, 5:25 PM
Just posting to add that I agree with those (taito-sama <3) who said people who bash it are jackasses. My personal favorites (Or not) are the twelve-years-old (Or adults. Teens never seem to fall in this category) homophobic pokeshippers with soccer moms that LOVE to insult slash shippers like me, Alfonso, taito-sama and Oos. Seriously, you're being a dumb**** if you do that. For all I care you can cuss at your computer every time you see me, make a voodoo doll the way you think I am and torture it... in other words, I don't care if you hate my ****ing guts, but if you pop in one thread and insult people for what they are, you're being a close-minded bastard. We don't care if your mom raised you to be close-minded, there's no excuse for disrespecting and insulting people for their personal opinions on a forum, a place where people are meant to share ideas.

PokeProphet
21st November 2005, 6:15 PM
Just posting to add that I agree with those (taito-sama <3) who said people who bash it are jackasses.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Which is why I am so dissapointed when it is followed by this:
My personal favorites (Or not) are the twelve-years-old (Or adults. Teens never seem to fall in this category) homophobic pokeshippers with soccer moms[/QUOTE]
...which is bashing. Meaning that according to yourself, you are a jackass. Really, WHY did you need to add 'Pokeshippers'? I am a Pokeshipper. Yet the best friend I have on this forum is Articuno_trumps_all (the Leagueshipper), I support a good deal of yuri myself, and the biggest yaoi/yuri-basher I ever met was hey_u_pikachu, an Advanceshipper *gasp* to whom I have dedicated several hours trying to convince her that homo- or bisexuality is not wrong and that homosexuals do not burn in hell forever. So if you're trying to make a point against generalising people, don't generalise in the process.

that LOVE to insult slash shippers like me, Alfonso, taito-sama and Oos. Seriously, you're being a dumb**** if you do that.
What you're forgetting, is that most Slashshippers are not really helping the matter by reacting the way they do. Do they deserve all the **** they get? Definately not? Do they have the right to defend themselves, and insult the people that have just insulted them? Yes, they have. But is it the right thing to do? Will it lead to less hatred and more understanding between the two sides? I can't give you the answer, you'll have to think about that yourself. So instead, I'm going to give you an old Dutch saying. He who seeds the wind, will have storm for a harvest.

For all I care you can cuss at your computer every time you see me, make a voodoo doll the way you think I am and torture it... in other words, I don't care if you hate my ****ing guts, but if you pop in one thread and insult people for what they are, you're being a close-minded bastard. We don't care if your mom raised you to be close-minded, there's no excuse for disrespecting and insulting people for their personal opinions on a forum, a place where people are meant to share ideas.
I understand what you're trying to say with you're post, and I agree with you. People on this forum should be more open-minded and relaxed, and grow a sense of humour. But what I want you to consider is this. You just said that insulting people for what they are is wrong. Yet in your post you call those people (for what they are) twelve-year-old homophobic Pokeshippers with soccer moms, dumb****s, and close minded bastards. So if insulting people is wrong, what does that say about what you just did?

Devilrose
21st November 2005, 6:21 PM
Despite all the shippings I support, I find I'm more willing to side with non/anti-shippers, especially if its in a thread that is in no way related to shipping. It gets annoying when shipping pops up everywhere one of the characters is being discussed... You support a ship? Great, there's an entire section dedicated to it...

Tropical Spirit
21st November 2005, 6:38 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Which is why I am so dissapointed when it is followed by this:

My personal favorites (Or not) are the twelve-years-old (Or adults. Teens never seem to fall in this category) homophobic pokeshippers with soccer moms ... which is bashing. Meaning that according to yourself, you are a jackass. Who said I'm not? XD.
But anyways, I bashed them for what they *USUALLY* are. Not because of their opinions. Believe, I know what I'm talking about. I have some nice PMs from people that flamed the **** outta me for being a slash shipper, atheist or bi. The first two are my opinions, and, like I said previously, they can hate them and/or me for all I care. They should not really bash people for their opinions in a forum, though.
...and I just lol @ people who insult me because of the latter.

Really, WHY did you need to add 'Pokeshippers'? I am a Pokeshipper. Yet the best friend I have on this forum is Articuno_trumps_all (the Leagueshipper), I support a good deal of yuri myself, and the biggest yaoi/yuri-basher I ever met was hey_u_pikachu, an Advanceshipper *gasp* to whom I have dedicated several hours trying to convince her that homo- or bisexuality is not wrong and that homosexuals do not burn in hell forever.
ILUVMISTY. (IIRC) Pikachu Fan Number 9. Pork Chops. 'Nuff said. Most of the pokeshippers I know aren't very brilliant people (Save for you, Jo-Jo and some others) and are the most homophobic. I know a lot of brilliant memebers that are advanceshippers, though. (Cold_katanagirl, Wolf Goddess, CyberCubed and others)
...But keep in mind I never said they were all that way. I also hate most advanceshippers with a passion, but they seem to be quieter about their opinions in general.

So if you're trying to make a point against generalising people, don't generalise in the process. I never said anything about generalizing. But yeah, you're right.

What you're forgetting, is that most Slashshippers are not really helping the matter by reacting the way they do. Do they deserve all the **** they get? Definately not? Do they have the right to defend themselves, and insult the people that have just insulted them? Yes, they have. But is it the right thing to do? Will it lead to less hatred and more understanding between the two sides? I can't give you the answer, you'll have to think about that yourself. So instead, I'm going to give you an old Dutch saying. He who seeds the wind, will have storm for a harvest. We don't go around bashing people for nothing. Don't you think we feel annoyed by the way main characters are OMFGLOVED and how some basic and boring (In our opinion) shippings are so liked? And the fact many of the people who support them are n00bs? Yes, we do. We have enough common sense to not bash these people for nothing, as this *IS* a forum and that *IS* their opinion. Don't you think we have the right to be angry when some random n00bs comes and insult us? Sure, we may get out of hand, but try to see our POV.

I understand what you're trying to say with you're post, and I agree with you. People on this forum should be more open-minded and relaxed, and grow a sense of humour. Ok then. I don't go around in the Pokeshipping or the Advanceshipping threads trolling and being a goddamn heterophobic. I HAVE common sense that does not allow me to do that. They don't seem to, however.

But what I want you to consider is this. You just said that insulting people for what they are is wrong. Yet in your post you call those people (for what they are) twelve-year-old homophobic Pokeshippers with soccer moms, dumb****s, and close minded bastards. So if insulting people is wrong, what does that say about what you just did? But they are. Opinions are fine as long as you don't offend other people shoving them down to their throats. I *SAID* they can be this way, as long as they don't abuse their rights.

articuno_trumps_all
21st November 2005, 7:26 PM
I don't find pokemon-antishippers annoying. They make me laugh. I mean, Pokemon is about homosexual relationships, so why watch the anime if you're not into shipping.

Toran Frostbite
21st November 2005, 10:18 PM
Like the title says, do you find shippers that go against yours and ones that support the ones you don't like annoying?

....Let's see. As my track record for 'shipping Rare Pairs and hardly ever do I let the 'opposition' (you can't even call it that; Rare Pairs almost never have rival counter-parts) stop me.... It's all bloody water off my back. Who cares.

Unless they come after me directly (or try to shread apart Neglectshipping without probable cause), then it's just noisy prattling I'm not apart of, just like prime time TV: so close and yet so far away.

Lil Brother
21st November 2005, 10:29 PM
I mean, Pokemon is about homosexual relationships, so why watch the anime if you're not into shipping.Ha! XD

Anyways, anyone can be annoying if they push their opinions onto other people forcefully.

Red-Kun
22nd November 2005, 12:17 AM
For me it depends, i mean, some people take some pairings too serious that make some things like this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/whatahotash/de7bd7cb.jpg

Me: No! Ash will never love you May (relocates her to nearest Contest Hall) because he's with Misty!And many many captions of this guy recently

Man, i mean, people doing that, now it is annoying for me.

articuno_trumps_all
22nd November 2005, 12:29 AM
Ha! XD.
Well, it is the truth. XP

Lady Barbara
22nd November 2005, 12:55 AM
When I think of the term 'antishipper' I don't think of people who support ships I don't like. I think of people who don't like shipping at all. They're generally okay, but they do occasionally get on my nerves. If you don't like it, then don't read the forum; read the shippy fics; look at shippy fanart; or whatever. But don't tell me what I can and cannot like about the anime.

Jo-Jo
22nd November 2005, 2:51 AM
I don't have a problem with people not liking the ships I like - personal tastes, etc. It does annoy me when certain antishippers of the type Lady Barbara mentioned, the ones who aren't into shipping at all, look down their noses at us and act as though we're shallow/delusional/of subpar intelligence because we enjoy an aspect of the show that they don't. That's just elitist (and occasionally faintly sexist) BS. What gives them the authority to decide that romance is a topic unworthy of discussion, anyhow?

intergalactic platypus
22nd November 2005, 6:07 PM
it only bothers me when the antishippers stereotype the shippers. like ive had tons of people say that since i support pokeshipping, im an idiot and a raving fanatic. im really not though. those are the people i hate

dragonmaster5000
23rd November 2005, 2:04 AM
For me it depends, i mean, some people take some pairings too serious that make some things like this one:

And many many captions of this guy recently

Man, i mean, people doing that, now it is annoying for me.

Yes, that is super annoying. I totally agree with Red-Kun. I don't have a lot of problems (maybe some, but not a lot) with other people and their opinions. But it's people who act like this that I seriously hate. *glares at caption* You don't see us acting like that, do you?

Satoshi
23rd November 2005, 5:01 AM
Yes, that is super annoying. I totally agree with Red-Kun. I don't have a lot of problems (maybe some, but not a lot) with other people and their opinions. But it's people who act like this that I seriously hate. *glares at caption* You don't see us acting like that, do you?
Agreed. People shouldn't go around and spread their "shipping love" in other threads, they should keep their "shipping love" in the Shipping section. This is the reason why having anti-shippers is a good thing, they keep all of the people that degrace your ship out of the way. :D

Meh, I love anti-shippers, esspecially when they're anti on my ship. Sure, they annoy me sometimes, but they do ward off (or kill XD) a heck of alot of cluttering buffoons that support the ship that your supporting, as in the hypocriticle ones that go all "OMG!11 Teh (insert male name) n (insert female name) R b3lonGs tog3ter! Dey PwNs U!!111
But I don't like the anti-shippers that are really unintelligent with their post and post crap, but the anti-shippers here are pretty tame.

And, without anti-shippers, there wouldn't be all these fun little debates. :D

dragonmaster5000
23rd November 2005, 7:28 AM
Agreed. People shouldn't go around and spread their "shipping love" in other threads, they should keep their "shipping love" in the Shipping section. This is the reason why having anti-shippers is a good thing, they keep all of the people that degrace your ship out of the way. :D

Meh, I love anti-shippers, esspecially when they're anti on my ship. Sure, they annoy me sometimes, but they do ward off (or kill XD) a heck of alot of cluttering buffoons that support the ship that your supporting, as in the hypocriticle ones that go all "OMG!11 Teh (insert male name) n (insert female name) R b3lonGs tog3ter! Dey PwNs U!!111
But I don't like the anti-shippers that are really unintelligent with their post and post crap, but the anti-shippers here are pretty tame.

And, without anti-shippers, there wouldn't be all these fun little debates. :D

Wow...Satoshi and I actually agree on something...*faints due to shock*. This is a pleasant change from our arguments in the Advanceshipping vs. Pokeshipping thread isn't it? And yes, I do see a lot of "OMG!11 Teh (insert male name) n (insert female name) R b3lonGs tog3ter! Dey PwNs U!!111" around in not just these forums, but also in the real world and other forums as well. But nice anti-shippers are okay, because debating with them in a friendly yet fierce manner (like you and I) is actually entertaining. But when someone just comes and shoves their shipping in my face (I get this a lot), I get annoyed. Very annoyed. *eyes turn red*

BTW, I hope my take on that caption Red-Kun found didn't offend you. I know you're not like that. :)

Pitchi
23rd November 2005, 9:10 AM
Not really. Everyone has their own opinions anyway. I don`t care if some people hate the ship that i support. But if they bash LOTS.. then it gets very annoying.

intergalactic platypus
23rd November 2005, 4:09 PM
honestly, anti pokeshippers or anti advanceshippers tend to be the worst. the people who oppose the two big ash ships tend to be the fiercest bashers with the most hatred for the opposing ship. and anti pokeshippers are notorious for taking an automatic disliking to anyone who likes the said ship, saying that ALL of them are morons (hello? herarcross if hes still here, jojo, i like to think myself)