PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Leonin Bola

klducks
22nd November 2005, 12:00 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/darksteel/leonin_bola.jpg
Leonin Bola - Darksteel. Common
1: Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has "T, Unattach Leonin Bola: Tap target creature."
Equip 1 (1: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card comes into play unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves play.)

This card is oh so fun. It's in my green casual deck along with alotta small 1/1s, along with Honden of Life's Web. All in all, I tap all of their creatures and I swing in for 15 damage. Yeah. This card is great since
1) it's an artifact so it can go in any deck (ex: my green deck)
2) low cost (turn 2 tap just for the hell of it)
3) can be used multiple times

Compared to Puppeteer, this is just awesome.
The Duck's Rating: 3/5

Sergay Wang
22nd November 2005, 7:03 AM
This was the ultimate Decoy of Mirrordin block draft.

Basically it says, "I will tap my weakest creature to tap your best creature."

And it worked out well. It gave aggro decks a way around blocks and it gave stall decks one less enemy creature to worry about.

In casual it basically does the same, but in constructed, it wasn't too amazing. Unless the Equipment said, "Bonesplitter" or "Skullclamp" I don't think it was in any major tournament winning decks. It's a bit slow and there's a lot more removal, so it's power drops.

Limited: 4/5
Casual: 3/5
Constructed: 2/5

Shadow Trainer
22nd November 2005, 11:55 AM
A decent equipment, only having to pay one mana to equip this to a creature can be great since it can allow you to tap down your opponent's creatures for a small amount of mana. 2/5

~RaikouRider243~
28th November 2005, 4:51 PM
Colorless mana costs, I like it. YOu can splash this in so many decks. Basically this thing reads, "1, T: Tap target creature." This thing is great in the early going and doesn't taper off in usefulness that much in the late game. The only place I could see this running into problems is if you're playing against a deck that loves to swarm you with tons of weak(er) creatures.

skiboydoggy
29th November 2005, 6:52 PM
Decent, not great. However, it does have its comboing abilities, such as when paired with creatures such as the old Urza Goblin Medics. I tap, your creature takes one damage.
However, not recommended for heavy decks, unless you prefer not to use Whispersilk Cloak to bypass their defenses as opposed to destroying their attack.
Another noteworthy card with similar properties is Shurikens from Betrayers of Kamigawa.
It practically reads: 2 T Automatically own any Elf and Goblin deck.