PDA

View Full Version : [YGO]Cards not [yet] released outside Japan.

XyronTheFalcon
22nd November 2005, 11:52 AM
japan has gotten lots of Yu-Gi-Oh Cards that we have nevr seen in the US and beyond....IS THIS FAIR?Close this if you want,mods..because I too feel that this thred is really......um...........never mind...Some cards do make it out to US citizens..but some dont.....most dont......post here the cards that never made it to us....and I will put up alist...when they do...or when someone tells me with proof that they have arrived for us...I will cancel them off the list!LET THE LISTING BEGIN!!!

The List:
E-hero Mudballman
Dark magician(Red)
Dark magic Curtain(magic)

Add more!The List needs more and is very hungry!!

Edit:I cancelled 3 of them cause they are coming soon!

Eon Chao
22nd November 2005, 1:18 PM
umm... necro darkman, steam healer and bubble shot are all on the way. Necro darkman is with the GX game for GBA and the duelist packs are being released by Upperdeck as well in the near future (not sure when exactly). Plus with all the new tins plus new exclusives in Shonen Jump and the structure decks...I fail to see how we're not getting them now.

Shadow the Hedgehog
22nd November 2005, 5:27 PM
Ummmm..... Japan just gets there cards first. I think we are only missing about twenty. I want those marshmellow cards. (In english)

cheekie3
22nd November 2005, 7:02 PM
Ummmm..... Japan just gets there cards first. I think we are only missing about twenty. I want those marshmellow cards. (In english)

are we actually going to get marshmellow in the future?
hopefully in a tin or something

CRAZY WACKO DUDE
22nd November 2005, 7:04 PM
not too sure, ask Vagabond Aeon. He should know.

Eon Chao
22nd November 2005, 7:15 PM
VA won't know about next years tins yet.....no one will. Just give it time and we'll get alot of the missing cards.

Alfonso
22nd November 2005, 7:27 PM
*taps into the psychic universe*

Sadly not even my brothers which look exactly like me but smaller can predict what the new tins will be. So what chance does VA have?

:x

Just a thought, but am I the only one who thinks the title of this thread is disgustingly racist?

Tamer Zack
22nd November 2005, 8:27 PM
Okay lots of confusions VA gets the info from Po-Jo and I get the info from Janime the only problem with that is both the info from the 2 board come from 1 person who's a member at both boards. And he gets the info from Kotaro Fuma who's the translators and locaters of these cards just like Fortress of Guardian God.

Just a thought, but am I the only one who thinks the title of this thread is disgustingly racist?

Makes 2 of us

japan has gotten lots of Yu-Gi-Oh Cards that we have nevr seen in the US and beyond....IS THIS FAIR?

Yes it is fair they made them.

Haruka's Swimsuit
22nd November 2005, 10:00 PM
I think we are only missing about twenty.

No, more like ten times that much. Our cardpool is a sad, sad shadow of all the promo cards Japan has. But, at least we finally got Booster Chronicle a little while ago, so the gap is starting to shrink...

Alfonso
22nd November 2005, 10:08 PM
No, more like ten times that much. Our cardpool is a sad, sad shadow of all the promo cards Japan has. But, at least we finally got Booster Chronicle a little while ago, so the gap is starting to shrink...

Indeed. And I do want Megazowler and Sword Arm of Dragon for my Rex Raptor deck. >_>

Shadow the Hedgehog
22nd November 2005, 10:16 PM
Well yeah. We are missing a lot more. There are only about twenty I'm interested in. I don't like the crappy cards and most of the the rituals, and fusions. I guess I should have clarified myself better.

And yes the title is racist. Yelling about it isn't going to change anyones minds. Although it is against the rules.

The Requiem
22nd November 2005, 11:46 PM
Lets also neglect the fact that the game's been around longer in Japan.

Lets also take into account how much releasing like 2 of the said cards would change the meta.

Say we randomly get Shield Crush and well. Hmm. How's Claymore. Like. TOMORROW.

I dont see Claymore getting play much, but 3x Shield Crush would be in every other deck. Its like Smashing+Nobleman+Cost = oh shyt.

I also want to know who thought making that hammer Manjoyume used a TCG/OCG card was a good idea...

Aquadon
23rd November 2005, 1:35 AM
The List:
E-hero necro Darkman
E-hero Steam healer
Bubble Shot(Magic Card)
Guess what? All three of these cards are coming VERY soon.

Necro Darkman is in the GBA game, and for the bold cards, http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4977/englishduelistpacks6tq.jpg

rust
23rd November 2005, 1:58 AM
There is a reason for this, and it is not Konami's fault.

In Japan, Konami's Parent company, Shueisha, makes promos and attaches them to YGO Magazines and etc. Shueisha doesn't feel there is a profit to be made in America with the promos though, so they said that they can only be attached to the same media they were released in in Japan.

So yell at Shueisha.

XyronTheFalcon
23rd November 2005, 3:55 AM
Mudballman is supposed to be in the GX Game but I cant cofirm...

PokegodWielderAlex
25th November 2005, 2:20 AM
red dark magician and dark magic curtain

XyronTheFalcon
25th November 2005, 2:47 AM
^Those were promos but will add it to the list....

Orion-Sama
25th November 2005, 3:37 AM
Blame Konami for not bringing every way of getting Promos there is in Japan, such as Premium Packs or Limited Edition Packs... >_>

As for the cards I want... Magician's Valkyria. 'Nuff said. And Foolish Burial. =/

Phaedra
25th November 2005, 5:37 AM
"japanese scum"? Kid, go **** yourself.

As for promo cards, hell if I know. I'm flattered, honestly, but I'm not Jehovah - I only know as much as the rest of the community. Besides, most of the promos coming out in Japan have a snowball's chance in hell of getting released, honestly. The three you listed are Shueisha promos, so we won't be seeing them anytime soon. It should be noted that Dark Magic Curtain was in the Yugi Structure vol. 2, though, so this might have a chance of release here as some kind of promo (I mean, the alt. art DMG did, so anything's possible).

Also, Elemental Hero Mudballman is a promo attached to the GBA GX game's official guide - technically, it's a game promo, but not attached to the game itself. Shueisha doesn't usually distribute guide promos outside of their normal venues without special licensing (yes, even Konami has to deal with this).

And... this is just speculation, but there may be a chance that Expert Edition (TCG name Dark Revelations) 3 may have, amongst other things, the Ultra Rare and Super Rare cards from the Series 3 Structures (this includes alternate art XYZ-Dragon Cannon and Dark Paladin, Magical Dimension, Foolish Burial, Shrink, Mining for Magical Stones, and Malevolent Catastrophe). Shield Crush is out of the question, though - trust me, unless that gets printed in a Structure, that ISN'T seeing the light of day here. Period.

Also, Orochi, what the hell is "Claymore"? You talking about Bannoujirai Greimoya, a.k.a. Widespread Ruin? If so, I can tell you from first hand experience that Widespread is one of the high demand cards at the moment.

Tamer Zack: You know, you really need to start crediting Familar Stranger for that information.

Haruka's Swimsuit
25th November 2005, 7:11 AM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4977/englishduelistpacks6tq.jpg

Nice to see they're finally releasing Seto's anime-only Defence Ring card...
and Armed Dragon LV10??

Fox
25th November 2005, 7:52 AM
I don't get why some of you blame Japan for this. If it weren't for Japan, there wouldn't be a Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG at all. If anyone's to blame, its Upper Deck/Konami USA. They're the ones who regulate what cards come across the sea, and determine that sort of stuff. You can also blame them for having BLU coming out so late.

Just to clarify, the term "Jap/Japs" is close to "******" by the fact that during WWII that was the term to clasify all people of Japanese origin. So please, watch what you're saying and get your facts strait. If anything its "Damn Americans" in this case if you want someone to insult.

Before you say I'm insulting Americans, I'm an American born citizen myself, and it was only an example. I am also half Japanese, half African-American, so please don't lecture me about racism 'cause I gotta deal with two different kinds.

Eon Chao
25th November 2005, 10:16 AM
Actually Fox its neither Upperdeck nor Konami's fault. It's the fault of Konami's parent company.

Now unfortunatly we do get screwed abit in the promo department but we are getting some of the missing ones (ie. Tin's, Pre-release events, shonen jump etc.) Its just the game has existed for so long in Japan that the Meta game that exists doesn't require alot of them and yes despite the fact we'd all love to have these promos...apart from some of the recent ones would we actually play most of them?

Look at the three on the list:

E-Hero Mudballman: I'd play it to give my E-Heroes more options but I'd Live without it.

Dark Magic Curtain: As its been pointed out already there's a slim chance of us getting it...but would it really affect the game immensly if we did?

Dark Magician (red): ok this one is just stupid....yes it has the best "art" (I'm sorry but the CG used for Yu-Gi-Oh cards isn't art) of all the Dark Magician cards but in all honesty if you can't use one of the 3 other versions for your deck then you're being rather pathetic. I play cards for there art, sometimes, in all my games but just because I, for example like the art on the Kamigawa Mountain's better than the Core Set, Mirrodin and Ravenica ones doesn't mean I'll have a hissy fit if I can't have all the copies of that card with the Kamigawa art.

XyronTheFalcon
25th November 2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks for changing the topics title................

Tamer Zack
27th November 2005, 6:56 PM
Nice to see they're finally releasing Seto's anime-only Defence Ring card...
and Armed Dragon LV10??

Armed Dragon LV10 is the new evolution

DP2-JP013
Armed Dragon LV10
Wind/Dragon/10/3000/2000
This card cannot be Normal Summon. This card can only be special summon by sacrificing an [Armed Dragon LV7] on your field. Discard one card from your hand to destroy all face-up monsters on opponent's field.
Ultra Rare

KewlBrettC_the_Tormentor
27th November 2005, 8:50 PM
Indeed. And I do want Megazowler and Sword Arm of Dragon for my Rex Raptor deck. >_>

Those will probobly be in TP packs, and Fox Your a 'Jap-*****'?

Dark Executionist
27th November 2005, 8:59 PM
I thought maybe Magical Curtain would be in the upcomming Jan 2006 Judgement of Spellcasters Deck.But I looked at the singles and the only stuff I found that was somewhat interesting was jap version of DM(not red one,the one that has the tablet behind it).And a common breaker,and I saw magic box too,But Magic Box sux.

Haruka's Swimsuit
28th November 2005, 12:24 AM
I thought maybe Magical Curtain would be in the upcomming Jan 2006 Judgement of Spellcasters Deck.But I looked at the singles and the only stuff I found that was somewhat interesting was jap version of DM(not red one,the one that has the tablet behind it).And a common breaker,and I saw magic box too,But Magic Box sux.

Magic Box of Death is one of the few cards that makes Ameba (seriously) playable. Its effect is slightly better than Creature Swap, so I imagine you might be seeing it played in tournaments.

Fox
28th November 2005, 3:47 AM
Those will probobly be in TP packs, and Fox Your a 'Jap-*****'?
Let this be a lesson to anyone else who is tempted or wants to play games like that. Whether or not that post was meant as a joke, racism is no joke, especially in my eyes. KewlBrettC_the_Tormentor is perma banned (at least until further review). He has posted against me before, but this time he overstepped the boundaries.

Also, for anyone reading this, I might add that if they ever feel that a modding is needed here, feel free to use the report button, or just send me a PM and I'll look into things asap.

Edit:

Also, please watch the term usage, especially when I posted it a few posts prior ;\ I know you didn't mean it in that way though.

Yami Bakura
28th November 2005, 6:42 PM
Let this be a lesson to anyone else who is tempted or wants to play games like that. Whether or not that post was meant as a joke, racism is no joke, especially in my eyes. KewlBrettC_the_Tormentor is perma banned (at least until further review). He has posted against me before, but this time he overstepped the boundaries.

Also, for anyone reading this, I might add that if they ever feel that a modding is needed here, feel free to use the report button, or just send me a PM and I'll look into things asap.

Edit:

Also, please watch the term usage, especially when I posted it a few posts prior ;\ I know you didn't mean it in that way though.

But it's okay to say 'japanese', right? Just want to be sure.

Haruka's Swimsuit
28th November 2005, 11:36 PM
But it's okay to say 'japanese', right? Just want to be sure.

Yes, brevity is your enemy. Though, you might want to abstain from writing J-A-P at all on the internet, since we can't really hear your voice to tell if you're kidding or not.

Yami Bakura
29th November 2005, 1:36 AM
Yes, brevity is your enemy. Though, you might want to abstain from writing J-A-P at all on the internet, since we can't really hear your voice to tell if you're kidding or not.

Okay, i understand. Thanks!

Gutsman
11th December 2005, 2:31 AM
did anybody mention five god dragon?

Haruka's Swimsuit
11th December 2005, 3:14 AM
did anybody mention five god dragon?

No and with good reason, this thread was dead until you posted in it.

Theflamewingman
11th December 2005, 2:22 PM
Dead? it hadn't been posted in for 12 days or so.

Tamer Zack
11th December 2005, 5:00 PM
FGD and DMK(Dragon Master Knight) were the JPN promo only.

Pika Hikari KT
14th December 2005, 11:55 PM
-Satellite Cannon
-Sixth Sense
-Marshmallon
-Marshmallon's Eyeglasses
-Five God Dragon/Mythic Dragon
-Dragon Master Knight

I think there's a card Yugi used in the Memory Arc that hasn't crossed over yet--it's a Dragon, I know that...

Phaeton
15th December 2005, 2:32 AM
White Horn Dragon <3

XyronTheFalcon
15th December 2005, 1:51 PM
I decided not to update the list...Just Post them...And the dragon..of Yugi..do you mean Gondora?

~-=Mewtwo=-~
15th December 2005, 10:34 PM
What does Sixth Sense do?

Haruka's Swimsuit
15th December 2005, 10:49 PM
What does Sixth Sense do?

You (the person that plays it) choose two numbers between 1 and 6, your opponent then rolls a six-sided die. If the result is one of the numbers you picked, you draw that many cards from your deck. If the result isn't one of those numbers, you discard that many cards from your deck.
(What I'm not entirely sure of is whether it's from the top of your deck or if you just pick them out of your deck.)

Phaeton
15th December 2005, 11:54 PM
ah the pack, three cards that have 6 in em.

o.o;;;

The Requiem
18th December 2005, 5:27 PM
It's off the top of the deck. That card is amazingly broken..O_o.

Alfonso
20th December 2005, 12:18 AM
It's off the top of the deck. That card is amazingly broken..O_o.

It helps to get things like Exodia Necross out though. ^^; I'd only use it if I had MoF in my hand though, just in case Contract with Exodia was discarded.