PDA

View Full Version : Serebii.net's 3rd Advent Calendar Discussion!

Serebii
22nd November 2005, 7:58 PM
Thats right, this year we're doing it all over again. Another Advent Calender.

This is going to be filled with the usual Line-Arts, Wallpapers, Cards, MSN Icons...the whole lot aswell as some Puzzles and other stuff for any Pokémon Fan

Suprisingly...it'll be coming on December 1st at it's usual address http://advent.serebii.net/

Discuss :p

Medea
22nd November 2005, 8:37 PM
Cool! I really liked last years Advent Calender

...Can't wait :)

~Shining-Metagross~
22nd November 2005, 8:44 PM
Yay! Last years one was fun, this years one will be cool.

Never to old for advent calenders.

Ohtachi
22nd November 2005, 8:51 PM
Awesome. Can't wait. Especially the Wallpapers.

Kal-El
22nd November 2005, 9:21 PM
I'll try to steal more wallpapers next year. :p Any chance of chocolate? :p

I wouldn't mind seeing some XD wallpapers...

Kijuna
22nd November 2005, 9:29 PM
*makes home page*

I loved last year's. Still have one of the desktops up on my other computer, but it died and I can't get it back. ;-; Can't wait!

Missingno. Master
22nd November 2005, 9:29 PM
Awesome! Hey Serebii, since it will be the Christmas season soo, why not consider putting Missingno. SOMEWHERE in the calendar? I know you don't like Missingno., but it is Christmas!

Thriller
22nd November 2005, 11:11 PM
What...... WHAT!? You said a few months back you weren't doing it because the person you were working on it with left.

But its great though and I'll be looking forward to it.

Poliwhirl
22nd November 2005, 11:46 PM
um i dont know what it is and i cant see it

Thriller
23rd November 2005, 12:20 AM
>_> Thats because its not Christmas time yet. He said he'd start it on the first.

What it is is one of those little calanders that you open up a little door each night till Christmas Day. There is always a little tread or a toy in every door but in this case its some activity like a colouring page or wallpaper. Meh, I wish I can take advantage of all that cool stuff but the computer I use is the one the whole family uses and I can't put up the wallpaper. Its still fun to see whats in them though.

MidnightScott
23rd November 2005, 12:57 AM
Kool - I've been waiting to do something similar myself once I get a site. But anyway - I can't wait to see what you have instore for us this year ^_^

~Scott;229;

Ilex
23rd November 2005, 1:38 AM
*coughChristmasskincough*

Flu season ~_^

This sounds like a good idea. I wonder what it will hold...

Eszett
23rd November 2005, 1:45 AM
Hm, sounds...um, scrumptious. :]

This is the first incarnation I'll see, but if I know myself well enough I know I'll enjoy it.

Master Mewtwo
23rd November 2005, 3:16 AM
Last years was awesome, hope this will be just as good.

Master Mewtwo

MaskedManAbsolkid
23rd November 2005, 7:03 PM
Awesome! Hey Serebii, since it will be the Christmas season soo, why not consider putting Missingno. SOMEWHERE in the calendar? I know you don't like Missingno., but it is Christmas!

Will you ever stop about Missingno.? It's not a pokemon -_-

I thought you weren't doing one this year? Meh, I'll like it.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
23rd November 2005, 7:17 PM
another advent calender! you love spoling us don't you Joe?

I love last years and lets hope this years one is better!

intergalactic platypus
23rd November 2005, 7:24 PM
oooh sounds really cool. will be my first serebii advent calendar, and im looking forward to getting a nice wallpaper or the like

Bulk
23rd November 2005, 9:48 PM
Cool... I surpose. Last years one was a bit wired as I didn't really get it, I mean, where was the downloadable chocolate? <slight sarlcasium>

Cheers Serebii. It's always nice to that your trying to make this the best Pokemon site, and, in my opinion, it is.

smiley.
24th November 2005, 5:58 PM
I wasn't here for the last advent calender, sounds really good, especially the wallpapers!

Twitch
30th November 2005, 2:52 PM
;227; This'll be my first advent here, and from what others have said it sounds really good. I can't wait for tomorrow! Oh, BTW, will there be a Christmas skin?

Lovely May
1st December 2005, 8:15 AM
I like 1st day of the advent.
Can I eat this Celebi chocolate?^^ I like wallpaper, its really cute.
Christmas wallpaper would be good!

Serebii
1st December 2005, 8:30 AM
The more Christmassy stuff comes in the week before christmas

Shadowcat
1st December 2005, 10:01 AM
I love the Wallpaper and stuff... Thanks a bunch Joe!

Ohtachi
1st December 2005, 12:14 PM
Yes, awesome Wallpapers and such. Thank You, Joe. Keep up the good job. The Christmas Card was also really cool.

Jade
1st December 2005, 12:33 PM
wow. im there for the third year in a row <3

Twitch
1st December 2005, 2:47 PM
;227; A question. If I miss a day, is it gone forever or is the panel just unlocked, so I could put it off until a later date?
Now I'm off to check todays. :D

Serebii
1st December 2005, 2:50 PM
All Panels stay open after they are originally opened

However on the 31st of December the Calendar is removed

MaskedManAbsolkid
1st December 2005, 5:21 PM
Cool calendar! But one question, can you make it so we can download the chocolate?

Waterlight
1st December 2005, 5:29 PM
I remember the background image on the calender from last year.
Anyway, nice calender. ^^

denw0
1st December 2005, 6:09 PM
Nice. I like the wallpaper and the chocolate.

Thriller
1st December 2005, 6:21 PM
A few months ago Serebii and PiP stop talking, I guess they've patched up their differences as they have worked together on this sweet advent calender. I hope this time I can make it to number 25 because last year on the 25th, I couldn't reach a computer.

pika_power
2nd December 2005, 5:09 AM
You should make a calender archives where those who missed out get to see the things.

Serebii
2nd December 2005, 10:36 AM
Why? The whole point of the advent calendar is to celebrate Advent. The days stay open all of December after they were opened but then go when December is open...any archive would be pointless

pika_power
2nd December 2005, 11:14 AM
I meant all year round but then why not allow previous advent calendars to be used as the days open up. Many people would like to see the previous prizes. Like how one house I went to had an advent calendar on the wall (without the chocolates) in june.

kaibachaoschampion
2nd December 2005, 11:17 AM
Is it just me or do the wallpapers for December 2nd take you to the forums?

Serebii
2nd December 2005, 11:26 AM
I meant all year round but then why not allow previous advent calendars to be used as the days open up. Many people would like to see the previous prizes. Like how one house I went to had an advent calendar on the wall (without the chocolates) in june.
Because its pointless and is totally not the point of Advent

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd December 2005, 11:43 AM
You mean the link, kaibachaoschampion? Yesterdays did too.

edit: Why does the advent calendar page have the Cannot Find Server page on, then a few mins later, the calendar is up? It might be something to do with the main site not coming up either.

Serebii
2nd December 2005, 11:59 AM
The site is fine

The Wallpapers also work fine

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd December 2005, 1:14 PM
*kicks computer*
It's came back on, it's my computer. Others might have had that problem.

Lovely May
2nd December 2005, 1:38 PM
The wallpapers work fine for me =/

2nd day is funny^^ The small Pikachu in the maze is cute. My younger cousin will love it.

The chocolate is the best anyway! XD

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd December 2005, 1:39 PM
Got onto the calendar, I liked it. I'll ask again though, is the chocolate downloadable? :p

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
3rd December 2005, 6:49 PM
Hehehe. I loved the lasst too wall papaers, I'll have to decide on the last day of the calender witch one i want to keep.

Espionage
3rd December 2005, 6:57 PM
I'll ask again though, is the chocolate downloadable? :p

I'm afraid it isn't ;_;

I'm making the Wordsearch right now. 8D I love wordsearches. <3 The wallpapers are also awesome.

PikaPikaChu
3rd December 2005, 8:04 PM
OWNO! CAN'T DONWLOAD CHOCOLATE?

Ermm, sorry. I loved past year calendar , the WP were very cool. But ,I hope for more cool one's this year.

indigestible_wad
3rd December 2005, 9:12 PM
Well I can see why it's such a good idea, but I think that unless you can't steal all twenty-five chocolates all at once I don't really see any point. Besides, pictures can only do so much.

Pokefan20010
5th December 2005, 6:16 AM
It is the 5th of December and I can't open the one from the 3rd yet?!
*yawns* it's taking a *yawns again* long time
I know it's the 4th in the USA but still *yawns* (read 1st line coz I can't be bothered writing it again *yawns*)

Serebii
5th December 2005, 8:21 AM
Everyone else has been able to get it working

Lovely May
5th December 2005, 8:27 AM
5th day of December

Awwww..... how sweet^^ Maze again XD This time Pikachu must go to Celebi. My cousin will have a fun again^^
The wallpapers are nice. Pika x Meowth together in happiness. Good job :)

SugarFairy
5th December 2005, 12:05 PM
Yay its back! I love the advent calender! Last years were pretty cool =) The mazes are alsome! I know my friend would probley print them out and do the mazes XD ^^

Jigglypuff5000
5th December 2005, 12:07 PM
Lovin the advent calender so far Serebii!

The wallpapers especially, tho a cute Mew or Celebi one wouldn't go amiss sometime

Serebii
5th December 2005, 12:18 PM
Sorry that we don't have any linearts though, not happy about the lack of them but its out of my control

Ohtachi
5th December 2005, 7:54 PM
The maze is killing me, Joe. At this rate, Pikachu better relax because I won't be there any time soon. Awesome PokeAvatars, though.

intergalactic platypus
5th December 2005, 9:50 PM
awww the one with pikachu and numel and lotad and stuff (i forget the date) is so cute. its my new backround

Torchic23
5th December 2005, 9:57 PM
I use a new backround everyday!!This is the first time I've checked out an Advent calender.It's really cool.I've also printed out all the activitys.[I haven't done any of em' -_-]

Wolf Goddess
6th December 2005, 12:28 AM
The backgrounds are a bit fuzzy. :X But I like it nontheless.

PiPikachu
6th December 2005, 3:05 AM
The backgrounds are a bit fuzzy. :X But I like it nontheless.

Thats most likely either

a) the quality of them to begin with
or
b) Joe compressing the jpegs even more

however i can assure you as the days progress the wallpapers will be far superior in both quality and generally look far better wallpapers :D

Serebii
6th December 2005, 8:22 AM
Daz...it's A. I haven't done anything to them

PiPikachu
6th December 2005, 3:19 PM
k, havent been downloading them so *shrug*

smiley.
7th December 2005, 2:46 PM
Well on todays page, it says the 6th of december in the blue program bar thingie at the top of my browser.

Pokefan20010
9th December 2005, 7:36 AM
Ah, the refresh button does it.
Also, MY PRINTER IS OUT OF INK! OH NO! Just the wrong time. I can't print anything!

Knightblazer
9th December 2005, 9:51 AM
My first advent... these pics are fab! Thanks a lot, Serebii! You da best! *Two thumbs up* (Although I hoped that the Choclate was edible. =P)

ACK productions inc.
10th December 2005, 6:37 AM
I like the Advent Calender but I haven't been able to open it?
Does anyone know why?

May is so Kawaii
11th December 2005, 3:46 PM
sorry if sum1 has already said this but i would like some may things please. thanks for this i love the advent calendar great job Serebii!!

Serebii
12th December 2005, 11:29 AM
Just to let you know, the Advent Calendar is doing really well, getting 2,500 Unique Average in weekdays and 3,500-6,000 on Weekends, Getting roughly 5-10% of the main's site's hit count which is usually around 30,000 and has topped out at 59,000...the advent calendar alone is doing better hit-wise than what most Pok&#233;mon sites including those which claim to be superior to us with arrogant webmasters who insist on starting & continuing feuds get.

Things are only goin to get better with the Advent Calendar now as we're startin to get to the good stuff

Ohtachi
12th December 2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I like the Wallpapers that I download each day. The Avatars are also cool. Keep up the great work. Off to visit the Advent Calendar for more Pokemon treats.

Serebii
12th December 2005, 11:36 AM
Doubt there will be any linearts, originally we wanted to have half a dozen each day but due to reasons out of my control we cant and so I'm sad :(

There will be solutions to all the puzzles on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Ohtachi
12th December 2005, 11:42 AM
Well, I've downloaded all of the Wallpapers and Avatars up to this point. I really like the Movie Wallpaper where the Pokemon are afraid of Mew. Meowth was on the verge of passing out. ROTFLOL :D

Jigglypuff5000
13th December 2005, 2:58 PM
Lovin the Advent so far, unfortunately it won't let me download the 13th's Wallpapers, they just link back to the forums??

Serebii
13th December 2005, 3:32 PM
They work fine for me

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
13th December 2005, 7:13 PM
I love the wallpapper with pikachu,treeko,mudkip and torchic, shame I can't use it cos I am on my mum's account..

but the calender has been great

Eternal Eievui
14th December 2005, 4:19 AM
Just to let you know, the Advent Calendar is doing really well, getting 2,500 Unique Average in weekdays and 3,500-6,000 on Weekends, Getting roughly 5-10% of the main's site's hit count which is usually around 30,000 and has topped out at 59,000...the advent calendar alone is doing better hit-wise than what most Pokémon sites including those which claim to be superior to us with arrogant webmasters who insist on starting & continuing feuds get.

Things are only goin to get better with the Advent Calendar now as we're startin to get to the good stuff

Just one question... are we going to see something OTHER than a word search tommorrow?

Ohtachi
14th December 2005, 11:40 AM
I give props to whoever make the wallpapers for the Advent Calender. The wallpapers kick. Keep up the awesome work. Lovin' every bit of the calender. *Dies of super hard crossword.*

Blaziken master
14th December 2005, 4:32 PM
The new wallpaper is awesome, keep up the hard work Joe

Johto Boy
14th December 2005, 4:57 PM
This is my first advent. Woot! Yeah, the wallpapers do kick. But just a thought, are you going to have some more game/manga characters in the wallpapers ect. ? It was a relieve to see Micheal though. But other than that, it's awesome!

:club:

Michiko
14th December 2005, 7:06 PM
I love the wallpaper from today (14th day of December) ^^ Its beautiful.
May & Ash together, a lot of sweet pokemon... cool! Great colors!

Jetx
15th December 2005, 8:31 AM
YAY! A breloom wallpaper! I'm gonna start using it, it's so cool! :)

Knightblazer
15th December 2005, 9:28 AM
The link for the MSN Mew display pic dosen't seem to be working (For the 15th of DEc) Perhaps you could fix it...?

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
19th December 2005, 12:02 AM
I liked todays Rayquaza Wallpaper. IT's AWsome, and sparkly

Kanadian Kyuubi
24th December 2005, 12:44 AM
Nice stuff you've got this year, also here's a heads-up for next year:
MSN Messenger=Windows Live Messenger. They are testing Windows Live Messenger 8 right now as I speak!

Jigglypuff5000
24th December 2005, 10:07 AM
Would anyone happen to be able to upload the things from the 23rd and later on the 24th part of the advent calaender?

I've just been set up a wireless internet network and my signal is ALow up here and fine downstairs, but neither can access the advent calender.

At ;east I'm thinking it's because of that since no one has posted that it isn't working yesterday or today yet...

Any reponse would be much apprenciated. :D

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
24th December 2005, 2:15 PM
Um, Serebii? Do you mind if you keep the Advent Calandar open Monday? I'm not switching on my computer tommorow?

Serebii
24th December 2005, 3:30 PM
The advent calendar will be open for the rest of the month :)

NateDawg161992
24th December 2005, 3:46 PM
I think # 24 across needs one more space, not sure if this the right place to post though.

Serebii
24th December 2005, 3:53 PM
Nope, it has the correct amount of space

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
24th December 2005, 4:01 PM
oh good, I was worried I would miss the 25th!

~Flareon~
24th December 2005, 4:03 PM
I already saw all the pictures except 25th December, it is tomorrow and the big day is Christmas Day. I add all the pics to my folder.

Prelude
24th December 2005, 4:06 PM
I already saw all the pictures except 25th December is Christmas Day. I add them to my folders.

Yeah...I used some of the wallpapers but then decided that I should use the one that I downloaded from some other site.

pika_power
25th December 2005, 10:22 AM
I have seen 25 the mysterious doungeon ones come up with the snowman when clicked on.

EDIT: it has been fixed.

Jigglypuff5000
27th December 2005, 1:33 AM
the calender doesnt load at all for me. so ive missed the 25th

Serebii
1st January 2006, 10:34 PM
The Advent Calendar is now gone, I thank you all for your participation in it.

On Average during its running (December 1st to December 25th) the Advent Calendar did 3,187 Unique a Day. After December 25th however it went down to about 1500 a day, still a large amount beating the majority of the Pok&#233;mon Sites on the internet alone hits wise

Just want to thank you all :) And providing the site is still up in December this year, we will be having our 4th Advent Calendar :)

Hope you enjoyed all the stuff

Thriller
1st January 2006, 10:43 PM
What do you do with them? Do you destroy them? Just curios.

Waterlight
1st January 2006, 10:54 PM
Well, I had last year's Advent Calender in my favourites, and I've been on it before when it hasn't been Christmas time and it was just a blank page saying something about a holding room. So, I assume it's a blank page all year until Christmas comes around.

NightWalker
25th January 2006, 2:51 AM
It'll be cool if serebii kept an archive with the past advent calendars, like it's done with the news...

I totally missed this year's ;(