PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Reparations

klducks
23rd November 2005, 1:05 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/mirage/reparations.jpg
Reparations - Mirage. Rare
1WU: Enchantment
Whenever target oppnent successfully casta a spell that targets you or a creature you control, you may draw a card.
Sorry I burned down your village. Here's some gold."

This card is delicious. In most cases anyways. With all the aggro decks running around, this card can be worthless. On the other hand. Most decks do have cards that "target" opponents so this card should ATLEAST be in sideboard if you like drawing.
The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow Trainer
23rd November 2005, 1:25 AM
A nice way to deal with creature removal or burn spells. 3/5

Sergay Wang
23rd November 2005, 6:04 AM
Removal is part of Aggro, despite it's primary win condition being "Smash Face with Big Creature!"

But this card is too selectively weak IMO. Firstly, the spell must target your creature, making Mass Removal a problem. Secondly, there's plenty of combat tricks which easily get around targetting your creatures with spells. Third, activated abilities. Lastly, It's two colors. Fecundity is IMO better. You just need a creature to hit the graveyard. Doesn't matter how, just hit the graveyard and draw a fresh new card. Much more combo-able.

Overall: 2/5

~RaikouRider243~
28th November 2005, 4:39 PM
I like the draw power from this thing, and the mana cost is relatively cheap. The only problem here is you'd have to be playing a VERY chaotic build to use it easily. 2.25/5

skiboydoggy
29th November 2005, 6:55 PM
Not really useful, seeing as how there are better draw Enchantments/Artifacts.
I should like to compare this against Serum Tank and Astral Spyglass. (Assuming you have Darksteel Forge or Citadel.)
2.5/5