PDA

View Full Version : which ships do you NOT Support v2.0

Kagome Higurashi
24th November 2005, 1:31 AM
Just like the old one, which ships do you not support and why, while being careful of your opinions and what not.

I don't support:

Inuyasha x Kikyo
Ash x May
Misty x Tracey
Miroku x Kagome

intergalactic platypus
24th November 2005, 1:46 AM
i dont support:

pokemon
jesse and james-i love them both, but they seem like girlfriends, not a couple
ash and may-i honestly think this one is just out of nowhere. ash seems like a mentor to may. i really dont know why this ones so popular

yu yu hakusho
kuwabara and yukina-im sorry but they both get on my nerves to no end, and the two of them in a relationship just brings out their irritating points even further (kuwabara an idiot and yukina a mary sue). i despise this couple
kurama and hiei-KURAMAS MINE. ALL MINE. *grabs kurama possessivley*

Uchiha Sakura
24th November 2005, 2:03 AM
Pokemon:

Pokeshipping-To me, Ash and Misty just have a brother/sister relationship. I don't not support it because it's the main rival of Advanceshipping, but because of what I think of their relationship. Sure, it's possible that Misty has a crush on Ash, but when Ash met Misty, he was a little too immature to notice girls. :/ The chances of him changing his feelings now aren't the highest in the world, considering Misty's not around right now...

Palletshipping-Just no. For some reason, I just can't see those two together. <.<

Contestshipping-Same as Palletshipping. :/

Ranma 1/2:

Ranma x Shampoo-Arg!! I really dislike this pairing!! >< Shampoo belongs with Moose, and Ranma belongs with Akane. Dx End of story!

Kuno x Akane-This pairing really freaks me out. o_O Kuno seems like he's obsessed with Akane, and doesn't understand the fact that she does not like him. -_-

And...that's all I have for now.

dragonmaster5000
24th November 2005, 2:23 AM
I strongly don't support:

Pokeshipping
Contestshipping

I also don't support:

Any Yaoi/Yuri ship
Any Nevermet ship

hikari_blaze
24th November 2005, 2:57 AM
No:

NewRivalshipping
ContestShipping
Advanceshipping
Pokeshipping
Palletshipping

Any other involving yaoi and yuri.

I also hate

SakuraxYue
Other yuri couples besides SakuraxTomoyo and NO COUPLE I SUPPORT THAT ARE NOT SAKURAxSYAORAN!!!!

intergalactic platypus
24th November 2005, 3:35 AM
ah palletshipping. my most despised pairing. before the yaoi fangirls say its cause im a homophobe, i do support several yaoi or yuri couples (originshipping, somewhat imageshipping, jessecassidyidontknowthenameshipping, mistysakuraonceagaindontknowthenameshipping ect), but this one really gets on my nerves because of a combination of a HORRID fanbase and general incompatibility. for some reason i like both of them with misty actually

Jo-Jo
24th November 2005, 4:00 AM
Aw, did the old thread get swallowed up? Pity. OK, then, might as well rewrite the list:

Eldershipping (Delia/Professor Oak):
I'd probably love this ship in all its fluffiness if it weren't for the fact that Delia and Oak marrying would make Ash Gary's uncle. That's just a touch too headf*cky for my tastes. Although the look on the boys' faces would be priceless.

Diamondshipping (Delia/Giovanni):
If we're talking about a 'Pokemon Live!' scenario where Delia used to date Giovanni before meeting Ash's father, then fine. But the Star Wars concept of Giovanni turning out to BE Ash's father makes me want to scream. It's not the cliche that gets me - I love a good cliche, truth be told - it's the pointlessness. There is no theme in Pokemon of Ash searching for his father. He's not an angsty hero, yearning for a family. He doesn't find father figures and latch onto them, despite a few opportunities (Professor Oak, Norman - even Brock could count). So what's the point in having a big revelation that his mum was knocked up by the leader of Team Rocket? It's just a horrendously bad idea.

Norman or Caroline/anyone but each other:
May, Max and their parents form the definitive idyllic happy family unit on the show. AND THEY SHALL NOT BE BROKEN UP. The End.

(The sole exception is in fics where Norman and/or Caroline temporarily date other people before they get together. But that's it.)

Palletshipping (Ash/Gary):
I don't know what it is about this ship. It's slash, it's a rival pairing, it even has a cute childhood friends thing going for it, and yet it still manages to bore me to tears.

Advanceshipping (Ash/May):
Ah, the big one. Umm, I guess I hate this ship because shows where the hero and the the female lead don't fall in love are so rare that when one does come along, it bugs me that some people can't take the relationship for what it is - a strong platonic friendship - and instead have to twist every sweet scene between them into a shippy hint. Grrrrr. I love 'When Harry Met Sally', but its message of "men and women can never be friends" needs to be eradicated from the universe. Yes they bloody can. And in Ash and May's case, they are, and that's all there is to it.

I also hate Advanceshipping because it's deadly dull, even moreso than Palletshipping, and because more often than not it forces May into the role of the simpering damsel in distress who needs her hero around to protect her because she's too useless to defend herself. Come on, May might not be quite as awesome as Misty, but give her some credit. ;)

Black Murder Heavangelon
24th November 2005, 4:07 AM
i praise everyone who despises/dislikes the following shippings:

Advanceshipping
Newrivalshipping
Contestshipping

my lust of Hoennshipping is living on through people here. Anyways, i thought pokeshipping was just too obvious, so, i stopped caring about it. i stopped caring about it so much, i pretty much didn't care who bashed it or explains why they don't like it.

Valkyrie X
24th November 2005, 4:19 AM
I don't support Advanceshipping at all...I'd just be reiterating what Jo-Jo said if I stated the reasons. =P

Other than all yaoi and yuri pairings, there are many other ships I don't support, but I can't think of them at the moment.

;381;AMW;380;

cold_katanagirl
24th November 2005, 4:32 AM
w00t.

Da Pocket Monsterz

Ash x Misty: Probably my habit of not liking to pair girls I dislike with the main character, because I have no problem pairing Misty up with four other people in the show (can't think of any crossovers I like with her though). Most likely because pairing up a girl I don't like with the main guy means everytime I see them in the same scene I'll get horribly annoyed, and it'll happen since it involves the head cheese main character. And other stuff.

Ash x Gary: Gary turning into such a goody goody in the end didn't help much. I suppose I'm just used to them being rivals and nothing more or something. Regardless, Palletshipping just ain't my cup of tea.

Brock x May: Meh. It's just uncool. I have to admit, I feel a certain bitterness towards it for various reasons.

Ruby x Sapphire: It seems way too dramatic for a couple of ten year olds. Another pairing I think should stay at a rivalry instead of getting shippy. Then again, I haven't really been keeping up with this shipping as of late, so maybe my opinion on it can change. Somehow I doubt it, but you never know I suppose.

And more... eventually.

sweethart_772002
24th November 2005, 10:14 AM
o0o0o...I dislike:

Pokemon:

Ash/May Sorry but,Ash,May...friends only. Ahh...it's just like what Jo-Jo says "...shows where the hero and the the female lead don't fall in love are so rare..."

Naruto:

Naruto/Hinata It's cute that Hinata has a lil' crush and all...but her personality seems WAAY too shy for Naruto's super 'go-getterness'. I can see it happening one day, but the ship itself, if you really imagine it, seems boring, and so typical (well typical, to me). I see too many ships out there that are like these, and they're just dull...boring...and predictable. Usually people like the 'darker' characters (probably because they can relate to them? I dunno...)

I also don't like Yuri or Yaoi or 'Off-the-Wall' kind of ships either ~_~x
I just don't understand 'em...

Eep...I'll edit this more later.

Infinite Master Sceptile
24th November 2005, 11:33 AM
Palletshipping-Ugh. What makes this appealing? You know Gary is getting it on with his cheerleaders, why ship him with a main character.
Egoshipping-See above
Advanceshipping-I hate how its fans pretend it's canon, even though it has no proof at all. All it is is a fantasy, nothing more. May hasn't had any sexual tension with Ash, where it has been sizzling with her rivals, Drew and Harley.
Diamondshipping-Jo-Jo said it all.
MayxMax-Whoever supports this is a sick,sick person.
MistyxMax-Someone must have been stoned when they came up with it.

taitofan
24th November 2005, 2:30 PM
Oh man, I love how this thread not only bashes couples, but (sometimes) their supporters too. So right now, I'm sick/stoned/horrid because I like ShigeruSatoshi, HarukaMasato, and KasumiMasato. Geez, just because you don't like a couple doesn't mean the whole fanbase is crazy. I don't call all Pokeshippers rabid jerks, do I? No, because a few idiots shouldn't be allowed to represent a whole group... >.> (and note that I'm not talking to everyone...)

Anyways, enough ranting. Some pokemon ships I don't support are~
SatoshiKasumi: The relationship always seemed to be platonic friendship to me. You know, the best friends who get on each others nerves constantly.
KojirouMusashi: Ditto. Friends, almost-siblings, but I don't think Kojirou wants anything to do with Musashi in a romantic sense...
KosaburouYamato: Perhaps it's because we don't see them a lot, but sometimes they barely act like friends, let alone lovers. I guess it could be because they're "professional," but in that case, they're not going to hook up, are they?
HarleyHaurka: Yes, I know I've had cookieshipping banners and whatnot, but I'll reiterate that I like this as a one-sided couple only. Requited cookieshipping is impossible, as is any HarleyxGirl couple.
OokidoKenji: No, just no. I'm all for large age differences and whatnot, but I can't see this as anymore than some hero-worship on Kenij's part.
ShigeruKasumi: Man, I can't see this happening at all. At first, the two probably would have killed each other. Now, I'm not sure if either has enough spark left to keep it interesting. Poor major-turned-minor characters...

There are others that I'm not crazy about, but I think that pretty much covers the "most disliked" ones. ^^;

Phantom_Bugsy
24th November 2005, 2:33 PM
...pretty much anything het.

Wow, that took SO much time and effort. :0

PokeProphet
24th November 2005, 4:52 PM
Wow, what a surprise to see an old thread recreated by Kagome Higurashi.

Anyway, let's join in on it this time. Note that I do not wish to bash anyone, everybody has the right to blablablabla more corny stuff. Ships I tend to dislike are:
Gymshipping: Like I said, everybody has a right to ship. But exercising that right is something else then ignoring five seasons of plotline. Misty seems more attracted to her Psyduck then to Brock, and Brock has hit on about every girl ever to be on the anime except for...Misty (and May and Jessie). This one is just a big turn off.

Indigoshipping: Credits to my buddy Arti, who is having the time of his life right now.

Advanceshipping: Yes, Pokeshipping and Contestshipping have big annoying fanbases too. But Pokeshipping and Contestshipping are based on something. Something else then a purely platonic brother-sister relationship that is. And speaking of brother-sister relationships:

May/Max: Two boys paired up? No problemo! Two girls paired up? Sweeeeeet! :cool: Two hets with absolutely no chemistry paired up? Whatever. Two siblings paired up? I have my limits.

And any pairings not pairing up Kohaku and Chihiro from Spirited Away and Kenichi and Tima from Metropolis. Not that those two have competition anyway.

That was about it. Get back when I remember more.

Chelc
24th November 2005, 5:31 PM
There's really only two I don't support...

Delia x Ho-oh
Misty x Prima's Chest

Obvious reasons, I think? x____x

Other than that, any shipping is really ok by me. ^^;

intergalactic platypus
24th November 2005, 5:47 PM
im quite sketched out by may and max, but for incest the one that really makes me squirm is ash and delilah. im sorry, but not only is she in her thirties and hes a preteen, but shes his bloody mother. i just find it quite creepy

Sweet May
24th November 2005, 5:59 PM
shipping i don't support:

Satoshi x Haruka: just don't see those two good together and basically everything Jo-Jo said clears that up
Masato x Haruka: wow... just wow
Takeshi x Haruka: seems a bit weird to me...xP
Satoshi x Shigeru: it ain't working
Kenji x Kasumi: eh i only dislike it, not hate it
Yuuki x Haruka: Hoennshipping is okay... but i don't think it will ever happen...xP
and a lot of yaoi and yuri couples but i don't mind about them....=P

and i think thats it xP

i might edit this is theres more..... i just can't remember some.....=\

Black Murder Heavangelon
24th November 2005, 7:23 PM
Yuuki x Haruka: Hoennshipping is okay... but i don't think it will ever happen xp

hey, don't knock it until you try it. (i really don't know what that means) It might happen, at least he DOES exist in the anime, somewhere >_>.

Devilrose
24th November 2005, 8:14 PM
Pokemon:

Hoennshipping - Referring to Hoennshipping in the games, I always found Brendan a nusiance more than anything...I was actually sadistic enough to laugh after beating him in Lilycove x.o

Contestshipping - Drew.

FF4:

Rydia x Edge: I could make so many arguments against this shipping its not funny, and Edge happens to be on my 'list'...

FF6:

Locke x Celes: I didn't like how Locke chose to believe a cross-dressing maniac over Celes when she was accused of being a traitor, and then refused to talk to her when it was proven she wasn't a traitor...and then there's that whole Rachel deal.

Sushi
24th November 2005, 8:19 PM
Wuh? Oh yeah. Remember this thread.

Detective Conan
Shinichi/Ran: I don't know what the hell happened to me, but all of a sudden, I started to dislike this one so much O.o And it actually used to be my favorite anime ship :/ I think it's because Ran isn't that interesting any more. She used to be much funnier when she did all those karate chops and what not whenever someone teased her.

Mitsuhiko/Ai: Yeah, cute and so on, but it just came out of nowhere. Mitsuhiko is a bit indecisive when it comes to girls ;P It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't been in love with Ayumi too at that time.

Conan/Ayumi: Uh...I just don't like it. I find Ayumi extremely annoying. I've never seen such a naive character in any other anime. Usually I have nothing against shipping characters with different personalities, but Conan and Ayumi are just too different.

Pok&#233;mon
Ash/Sammy: Whereas Sammy is the same person as Professor Oak, I dislike him, however cute he may be.

May/Drew: Maybe it's my fault because I've seen too many Anime with just love/hate relationships in it and caused my dislike for them myself, but this one just seems too repetitive and boring to me O.o Besides, I just can't see Drew with anyone but Ash :D

Professor Oak/Delia: Naw...It's nice and all, but something bugs me about it.

Nylf
24th November 2005, 8:49 PM
General:
Anything human x Pokemon. Just no..
Anything involving Lesbians and Gays. I'm a homophobe, live with it.

Accurate:
Advanceshipping: (censored the most of it) AND the sensible reasons are May is too young for Ash, I'm a devout pokeshipping, time changes people, even Ash, and anyway, May more looks up to Ash than fancy him, and Ash certainly doesn't like her. Name one occasion he blushed or got accused of liking May. Not once. Even TR support Pokeshipping, and there in TV characters.

That's it really for Pokemon.

Yu-Gi-Oh:
General:
Anything monster x human
Again, anything lesbian or gay.

Accurate:
Kaiba x Tea: No, just no.
Joey x Tea: See above.
Duke x Serenity: I prefer Tristan x Serenity personally.
Yu-Gi x Rebecca: I think you're beginning to work out which shippings I do support from Yu-gi, but this is a one sided thing, so no.
Valan x Mai: See Kaiba x Tea

And that's about it.

Shigeru-kun
24th November 2005, 8:53 PM
Takari; It was cute in Adventure, but by 02 it got annoying. The reasons people use to support this ship are rather stupid (they both have angel digimon and similar crests! :0), not to mention they're just too perfect. To have a couple who would probably agree on everything is just...disgusting. Or at least in my opinion it is.

SatoKasu; Kind of similar to Takari. Originally I found it cute, but by Jouto that all melted away. Kasumi and Satoshi may have sparks to make thing interesting, but I just don't like them together. I'd rather see them with other people.

Yuugi x Anzu; I've made my opinion very clear about this before, so saying it all again gets rather old. Basically though, I like both characters, but just don't think they work well together. Anzu loves Atemu more and doesn't seem to treat Yuugi that well because of it. Whenever she goes on a date, it is always with his other half and only seems to treat Yuugi more as a friend. Possibly liking him for the simple fact Atemu is inside him.

Kurogane x Tomoyo; This one bugs me greatly. Kurogane works for Tomoyo because she's the princess, and suddenly that means he loves her? Uh...no. People can be dedicated to each other and it doesn't mean they're in love. Not to mention I just don't enjoy the idea of Kurogane with someone like her. She sent him off to another world with a dang curse, so being the Kurogane fan I am, I just don't like her for that. xD

Gakuto x Maria; Ugh. I'm not going to even get into this one.

I also don't support any yaoi/yuri/incest, etc. shippings due to religious reason.

cold_katanagirl
24th November 2005, 9:27 PM
Teh Demonic Dog

Naraku x Kikyou: Blech. Naraku's hatred/love/whatever it is for Kikyou is interesting and all, but the idea of them actually together makes me cringe. I would be pretty awesome to see Inuyasha's reaction to them together, but it's not worth it. It'd be totally out of Kikyou's character to go with the person who destroyed her life out of jealousy and all. And since Naraku's already gotten rid of his attraction to Kikyou via the rather disgusting clumps of flesh at Mt. Hakurei... There's just not much going for it anymore. This ship had potential though. I guess.

Inuyasha x Kagome: I just don't like it much. It was cute in the first couple seasons and all, but now it's kind of old. Just when you think they develop one of them has to do something stupid and ruin the moment or whatever. And like Misty, Kagome is a main girl who I don't like... So I don't pair her up with the main guy. And I dunno, Kagome really needs to make a move or something, because it's pretty obvious Inuyasha won't.

Sesshoumaru x Kagome: Omg. Sesshoumaru is WAY too awesome for Kagome. And it's so horribly out of character for Sesshoumaru to be with a human (Kikyou's an exception because she's more of the walking dead instead of some "regular" teenage girl... I have no excuse for Sango XD). Honestly, the Lord of the Western lands with... Kagome. No. And the fanfiction is awful most of the time.

Naraku x Kagome: ... No. It's even worse than NarKik.

Come to think of it, anybody x Kagome: I don't really like pairing Kagome up with people (duh). She's so... not pairable.

Sesshoumaru x Rin: It's not really the age factor that bothers me, it's more of me being used to those two having a father/daughter relationship, that's all. Even when she's older... Nah, I think they'd do better as they are now. Rin will probably die before Sesshoumaru can get over his pride and be with her anyway. Come to think of it, even if they did start early, she's probably going to die much earlier than he will. Causing him to go insane or something.

And more laterz.

Satoshi
24th November 2005, 9:33 PM
I don't support:

All crossovers except for Altoshipping - Pokemon and humans were meant to be friends, but not in that sort of matter, but Altoshipping is an exception.

Orangeshipping - Kasumi and Kenji just don't go together in my book, they seem to be just good friends to me, nothing more.

Advanceshipping - To me, Satoshi and Haruka just seem to have the mentor-student relationship, nothing more.

Contestshipping - Shuu and Haruka do look cute together, but how much do they know eachother? Not enough to have a real relationship. Since they don't know each other much and they fight alot, it's hard to imagine them together.

Bouldershipping - Takeshi gave Satoshi the Boulder Badge because he saw how Satoshi cared for his Iwaaku, not because he has the hots for him.

Gymshipping - Just because Kasumi pulls Takeshi when he gets in one of his "moods", doesn't mean she's jealous, otherwise, Masato feels the same way.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
24th November 2005, 9:40 PM
Pokeshipping
Leagueshipping
Palletshipping
contestshipping
hoenn shipping
the max x may shipping
any shipping about Ash or May that isn't advanceshipping
any shipping about tracey or Misty that isn't orangeshipping

CyberCubed
24th November 2005, 9:41 PM
Let's see:

Pokeshipping (Ash/Misty)

To be honest I don't mind this ship to a certain extent, but it's fanbase has really gotten me to dislike the ship over the years. It's also another one of those dull, cliche, main guy and female sidekick ships, which run rampant. Another reason is that Misty crushed after a boy...for what? A 5 season crush that goes absolutely nowhere? I also don't find Misty interesting in the slightest anymore, so I don't care for her main ship. Pokeshipping may still live on in fanart and fanfiction, but at this point is has a very, very slim chance of happening in the anime. And I hate how militant it's fanbase is about the two still getting together, even though she's been removed from the show permanantly, as I said above.

Handymanshipping (Tracey X Daisy)

The reason I dislike this ship is because it's used as a defense ship (by Pokeshippers mostly) for Orangeshipping. This ship has literally no evidence, and people like to latch on to it in some hope that Tracey is going for Daisy. It's actually a decent ship on it's own, but the fact that so many people are using it as a scapegoat for Pokeshipping is why I dislike it.

Eldershipping (OakxDelia)

I agree with Jo-Jo and many of the points she made against this ship. I honestly don't know why this one is so popular. Are people so desperate for Ash to have a father figure that they latch onto Oak as the next best thing? I also don't see the point to it. It's like some people are trying to look for the "dirty" or "adult" ships in Pokemon to try and reason that it's not a kids show. Just because Oak and Delia are seen together most of the time is because it's a plot device for Ash to see them, not because there's some adult relationship going on while Ash isn't there. Why people think that Oak is doing Delia doggie style behind the scenes I have no idea. Why can't Oak and Delia just be platonic friends, rather than thinking that Oak is a dirty old man eager to screw Ash's Mom? This ship also seems to rely vastly on sex instead of a real relationship, which is also degrading. It's one of those ships that have little to no merit, yet people think it's happening because of the "dodgy" aspect of the show. Meh, I have no interest in such ships.

And you guys knew this one was coming.

Contestshipping (May x Drew)

Probably my most disliked ship at the moment. I don't know why people try to twist all the rivalry between them into sexual tension. The two are rivals, not lovers. There is no sexual tension between them, it's just the standard rivalry that we've already seen in the show before (Ash/Gary). The only reason people see this as having merit is because it's between boy/girl this time, instead of boy/boy. (like Ash/Gary)

To me it's obvious that May wants to be Drew's friend, much like she wants to be Harley's friend. She wants to open them up and be friendly with them, but because of their rival attitude they don't let her. I have yet to see any basis that May likes Drew in a romantic manner, it's more of May's naive personality where she wants them to become their friends. (And in Harley's case, May really is naive for trusting him time after time)

Another thing I dislike about this ship is the way Drew tries to get May. I see this happen in real life too, where a guy acts nasty, criticizes, degrades, and puts women down in order to get them to fall for them. And while Drew isn't as bad as that (thankfully, as his character does have redeeming sides and is actually a real nice guy deep down), it's still the same theme. He enjoys antagonizing May because that's his way of getting her to pay attention to him. Granted it is the rivalry that sets this up, but it's really disappointing that so many girls' fall for guys who enjoy provoking them. What happened to pairings where the boy and girl don't have to insult each other to prove that they like each other? I'm really starting to dislike bickering ships in shows lately, couples that build off fighting with each other is not my cup of tea.

I see May/Drew as having a strong rivalry, as both respect each other and want to become friends. But in a romantic manner? I don't see it, certainly not from May's side anyway.

And last but not least, I've never liked the pretty boy status in anime. It tends to go to most anime guy's heads, and Drew certianly has that pretty boy attitude judging by his female fanbase in the anime. Meh, pretty boys are overrated. :p

Basically the fact that people like to twist and turn their rivalry into some kind of romantic undertone is why I don't like the ship. I like Drew as a character of course, as he's a very good rival and we've never really had an recurring character with a dash of metrosexuality in him, but pairing him with May is rather blah.

At least I'm content since I know that the ship will never become canon, as Drew is just a token rival character who will be written out of the show once May defeats him in a major tournament. So in the end, I'm not too phased about it as it'll always be a fanon ship.

That's basically the four biggest ships that I "do not support" for the reasons I listed above. I dislike some other ships too, but they're no big deal so I won't bother to list them.

cold_katanagirl
24th November 2005, 9:48 PM
Oh yeah.

Tracey x Daisy: Handymanshipping has always bothered me, possibly because of Daisy's personality. Opposites attract are cool and all I guess, but Tracey going with someone like Daisy... Really bothers me.

Kouga x Ayame: Honestly, wtf. It's like Ayame was created just to get Kouga off Kagome (Is she even in the manga?), and it's not like she's affecting him in any way. And I find the entire wolf demon deal to be incredibly useless, so that doesn't help.

Talez of a Symphony

Lloyd x Colette: These two need some serious tension. Colette hardly ever disagrees with Lloyd, she'd jump off a cliff if Lloyd said it was OK and did it himself. In my opinion, Lloyd needs someone who's similair to him, but won't let him run off and be a *******. Whoever his partner is needs to be aggressive sometimes, and Colette just isn't cut out for the job. It's horribly cliched with the damsel in distress deal being used over and over (please, Colette is practically stronger than Lloyd), and the development is horrible. It'll take way too long for those two to get anywhere. Not to mention it's boring.

Genis x Presea: It is a bit humorous sometimes, but Presea is in a whole different league than Genis. He wouldn't be able to handle having a real relatinoship with someone like Presea, she's too mature for him. For obvious reasons.

And I shall retuuuuurn.

STJ
24th November 2005, 10:42 PM
For the most part, I don't support most of the ships which exist in Pokemon. As for the ones which I actually dislike, well, see below.

Most ships I dislike are the ones which are incredibly cliche, predictable, boring, and show absolutely NO creativity on the writer's part whatsoever.. This includes BOTH main girl/main guy pairings and love/hate relationships ,partucularly love/hate relationships which are becoming more common (and thus more cliche) . These pairings have been done so many times that it makes me want to, make me want to, MAKES ME WANT TOO..well, let's just say that you don't want to know XD.

I really want to know who the so-called 'genius' was who decided that "when two people fight, they really care about each other". I can say much, much more about this, but since this is a public scene, I think that it would be inappropriate for me to do so - worst still is a ship which is both *shudders* It gets irritating - It really,really, REALLY does.

More often than not, I often find the pairing totally unessessary and contribute NOTHING in terms of plot or character developedment, and simply tacked on due to the fact that the charactes are a cliche couple (again, both leads charactesr or they always argue). I find this very annoying, since in most cases I find that a romantic subplot detracts and tarnishes what is otherwise a good relationship and/or rivalry in a book/tv show/whatever. In my opinion, if the characters don't have to become a couple, if either character doesn't actually want a girlfriend/boyfriend, then the ship SHOULDN'T happen (yes, I know people are going to disagree with me on this, this is just my opinion). Particularly in Bishoen anime, where romance is rarely a significant plot, or even a significant subplot.

Take note writers, producers, and anybody else I've happened to have left out, A lead character CAN remain single, two people who fight DON'T have to automatically like each other, and rivalries CAN remain simply that - it's not as though they're going to die if they remain single, you know! It's called a PLATONIC relationship! and they CAN exist! Yeah, you can tell I'm not a romantic at heart (that's why I don't happen to watch Bishojo anime very often) , give me action and comedy any day!

I also don't like ships where the romance is shoved in my face almost constantly to the point in which I feel the need to puke.. So I don't like Serena/Darian (yes, they're a couple, that dosen't mean I like it) Hey, I don't mind romance every now and then, but I have my limits, and that ship crossed the line for me.

Another factor is, for a ship to actually work, the characters involved, as well as the storyline and the anime itself has to be twisted, mutilated and butchered to such an extent that I find it unforgiveable. More often than not this occurs when either character has absolutely NO interest in romance or an actual desire for a girlfriend/boyfriend whatsoever (heh, if it were not for the fact that the character was a lead, would the ship have as much merit? Would it be as popular? Would it still seem inevitable? - think about that) , as welll as completely degrading the characte's role to a mere love interest - thus resulting in a narrow-minded view of the character in general. Again, this most often occurs in Bishoen anime, where characters, whether they are the leads or rivals, are paired up simply due to the fact that they are the opposite gender and thus assume that the writers are going to pair them up.
As Cybercubed asked earlier, if it were not for the fact that rivals are the opposite gender, would it be as feasable? - Again, think about it.

The fanbase can also be incredibly annoying, but I don't dislike ships simply because of it. They certainly don't help though, particularly when they begin to act all arrogant (it can happen), egotistic, and start to demean others simply because their beliefs are different - It's at that point that I begin to regard the ship as repugnant, and a part of me WANTS that ship to fail/not happen/it's rival ship to happen just out of PURE SPITE and to see the ship fall off it's high horse (sadistic, perhaps, but, hey, I'm human, ok? XD)

Heh, I didn't add the list. Oh well, you can probably tell what ships I don't like in Pokemon based upon the above? XD

If you have, congratulations! and if you happen to support these ships, let me tell you now that trying to convince me otherwise will ultimately result in failure, so don't bother- you'll just be wasting your time, trust me :p

intergalactic platypus
25th November 2005, 2:23 AM
lets find some harry potter ships i dislike

harry/hermoine-SO cliche. im glad it didnt happen, cause the main guy going for his best female friend is beyond the levels of mere cliche, particularly when hes heroic like harry. it would also have a good chance of turning hermoine into a simpering damsel, which i would despise. im glad the author didnt go the traditional route with this one
harry/ginny-i cant stand ginny. shes become a total mary sue and behaves like a bit of a **** in the half blood prince. shes good at everything now and is way too popular with the guys. plus it seemed to sort of come out of nowhere
harry/ron-best friends, goofy guys, i dont like it when people take relationships like this and pair them together
anyone/snape-i think snapes a great character, but i DONT see him paired with any of the current characters
tonks/lupin-ugh COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY random. hes just recovering from the death of his true love, sirius
mcgonagall/dumbledore-ill be damned if mcgonagalls ever been laid ;)

yes extensive list, but thats cause although some characters are highly compatible and will defintley be together i dont see HP as one giant harlequin romance the way some people do

cold_katanagirl
25th November 2005, 2:50 AM
Hairy Potboy

Harry x Ginny: I was incredibly annoyed Harry didn't even consider Ginny didn't like him and thought as soon as he asked her out everything would be happy dandy (even though we all knew they'd get together in the end). It just bothered me. I kind of thought the build up to Harry liking her was sort of clunky. I dunno, the way the ship in general came to be seemed to suck in my opinion.

Come to think of it, I'm starting to not like Ginny period. Been hanging around Harry x Hermione fans too much lately...

Ron x Lavender: I thought it was pretty funny for awhile actually, but then they started to go overboard.

I'll be back again. Eventually.

Pikastar7
27th November 2005, 8:47 PM
There's one.

Spiral
Eyes X Kanone- Wtf? Kanone tried to kill his friends and maybe him. He betrayed them all and joined the hunters! I can't belive how many people like that shipping. Kanone's a backstabber and Eyes is loyal nad caring. I don't get it.

intergalactic platypus
27th November 2005, 9:15 PM
i consider myself fairly liberal with ships in the sense i like yaoi and yuri, and i like some ships that will NEVER EVER happen, but i do draw a line on two things: obscenely huge age differences (as in kid/adult) and incest. the child/adult relationships make me think of sexual predetors which is never a good thing to associate a ship with, and incest just sort of sketches me out. delilah and ash coincidentally fit into both. im scarred after encountering a hentai with the two of them oO

Miss Kanna
27th November 2005, 10:03 PM
My shippings that I DONNOT support:

Incidentialshipping/Blamikashipping - Okay,one,Jasmine is innocent,it wouldn't be fair to pair her with silver.besides silver already has Blue as his prime love victim <33
Accidentialshipping - I dunno why...>_>

Expeon
28th November 2005, 9:27 PM
Shippings I don't support? Eh...

Pok&#233;mon:

AshXMisty: I just don't, the overpopularity and clich&#233;-ness of ot bothers me. It just does.

AshXMay: Nope, don't support this one either. Same reason as above.

LanceXAnyone: ... Yeah. Don't really know why. I WILL make an exception for LaceXLorelei though, although I don't support this one much either...

Yuri ships: Yaoi is alright somtimes, but I'm reeeally not one for yuri. I'm just not.

Sonic:

ShadowXAmy: ARG, I DESPISE this one so much, it's not even funny. Amy likes SONIC, NOT SHADOW. GET IT!?!

KnucklesXTikal: I don't care if they're the same species, I'm a really big KucklesXRouge and ShadowXTikal shipper, so I really wouldn't like thiis one...

ShadowXRouge: See above.

Naruto:

GaaraXRock Lee: I just can't see it, and I don't like it. 'Kay?

NarutoXSasuke: They're rivals/best freinds. Can't they just stay that way?

NarutoXSakura: I just like SasukeXSakura sooo much better...

Yeah. That's about it...

Wolf Goddess
29th November 2005, 1:19 AM
Wuh? Oh yeah. Remember this thread.

Detective Conan
Shinichi/Ran: I don't know what the hell happened to me, but all of a sudden, I started to dislike this one so much O.o And it actually used to be my favorite anime ship :/ I think it's because Ran isn't that interesting any more. She used to be much funnier when she did all those karate chops and what not whenever someone teased her.

Mitsuhiko/Ai: Yeah, cute and so on, but it just came out of nowhere. Mitsuhiko is a bit indecisive when it comes to girls ;P It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't been in love with Ayumi too at that time.

Conan/Ayumi: Uh...I just don't like it. I find Ayumi extremely annoying. I've never seen such a naive character in any other anime. Usually I have nothing against shipping characters with different personalities, but Conan and Ayumi are just too different.

Agreed.

Inuyasha x Kagome: I just don't like it much. It was cute in the first couple seasons and all, but now it's kind of old. Just when you think they develop one of them has to do something stupid and ruin the moment or whatever. And like Misty, Kagome is a main girl who I don't like... So I don't pair her up with the main guy. And I dunno, Kagome really needs to make a move or something, because it's pretty obvious Inuyasha won't.

And it's too clich&#233;. It's the same-old love/hate relationship that I've seen everywhere. Not to mention, Kagome's a completely worthless pile of flesh most of the time.

Pokeshipping (Ash/Misty)

To be honest I don't mind this ship to a certain extent, but it's fanbase has really gotten me to dislike the ship over the years. It's also another one of those dull, cliche, main guy and female sidekick ships, which run rampant. Another reason is that Misty crushed after a boy...for what? A 5 season crush that goes absolutely nowhere? I also don't find Misty interesting in the slightest anymore, so I don't care for her main ship. Pokeshipping may still live on in fanart and fanfiction, but at this point is has a very, very slim chance of happening in the anime. And I hate how militant it's fanbase is about the two still getting together, even though she's been removed from the show permanantly, as I said above.

Handymanshipping (Tracey X Daisy)

The reason I dislike this ship is because it's used as a defense ship (by Pokeshippers mostly) for Orangeshipping. This ship has literally no evidence, and people like to latch on to it in some hope that Tracey is going for Daisy. It's actually a decent ship on it's own, but the fact that so many people are using it as a scapegoat for Pokeshipping is why I dislike it.

Agreed.

Harry x Ginny: I was incredibly annoyed Harry didn't even consider Ginny didn't like him and thought as soon as he asked her out everything would be happy dandy (even though we all knew they'd get together in the end). It just bothered me. I kind of thought the build up to Harry liking her was sort of clunky. I dunno, the way the ship in general came to be seemed to suck in my opinion.

Come to think of it, I'm starting to not like Ginny period. Been hanging around Harry x Hermione fans too much lately...

Ron x Lavender: I thought it was pretty funny for awhile actually, but then they started to go overboard.

I'll be back again. Eventually.

Add Lupin/Tonks. I used to like this, when good fanfiction writers were at the helm and it wasn't thrown at us.

I'm lazy. =D But seriously, it seemed pointless to repeat the things already said.

Shadowcat
29th November 2005, 1:47 AM
My Long List of Hatred Shippings Begins:

From Harry Potter:

Harry/Hermione
It may seem cute at first, but in the end, it isn't nice. Hermione obviously looks up to Harry for his bravery and courage. She preety much like Quidditch Players, but definitely not Harry. Harry and Hermione seem to have a brotherly and sisterly thing going on.

Hermione/Draco
Draco has hated Hermione since he met her, and so has Hermione. Draco calls her 'Mudblood' and Hermione oviously has punched him tons of times, both showing hatred for each other.

Severus/Any Student
Whoever thought of this is sick, because I think there is no chance of having a teacher/student relationship in Hogwarts.

Ron/Hermione
All people who know me good enough, know that I plainly hate this shipping. Hermione and Ron are more of the brotherly sisterly sort. Ron shows some affection for Hermione, and Hermione does too. But one day, she'll give up on him due to the fact he's a stupid git at love and everything.

Ron/Harry
This ship is impossible, due to the fact Ron has never shown attraction for guys. For Harry, yes, cause he kinda likes Cedric.

Harry/Ginny
Ginny is a mary-sue, and can defend herself, not needing Harry to rescue her. Harry obviously tried breaking up, but Ginny prevented it.

That's only barely half, but hey, I don't despise Lavander/Ron. The ship in Harry Potter I support is Viktor Krum/Hermione Granger.

Pokemon

Where do I start?

Advanceshipping
Ash obviously treats her as his student in a way, and May looks up to him as a mentor. Ash is too old for May, and they should go with someone closer to their age.

Orangeshipping
I just hate it. Plain hate it, as Tracey is too old for Misty.

Gymshipping
Same for Orangeshipping, Brock is too old for Misty.

Max/Misty and May/Misty and Max/Brock and May/Brock and May/Max
These are plainly impossible.

Feelingshipping
Yellow and Green(Boy) certainly do not like each other, he treats her as his student, and she looks up to him as a mentor.

Blue/Silver
They treat each other as Brother and Sister, so I don't think this can really go on to a relationship.

Crystal/Gold
I just despise it, don't ask at all.

Wally/Ruby and Wally/Sapphire
This seems impossible to me. Really impossible.

From Digimon

Daikari (Daisuke/Davis X Kari/Hikari)
Daisuke has a crush on Kari and it's obvious, while Kari doesn't really show any feelings for Daisuke, thus being my point.

Miyeru (Miyako/Yolei X Takeru/T.K.)
These two certainly do not like each other in that way, trust me.

Kenari (Ken X Kari/Hikari)
These two show affection for each other as a brotherly sisterly side, not a relationship side.

Kensuke (Daisuke/Davis X Ken)
Really, I don't see the great Ken going for Daisuke at all. And it's obvious Daisuke doesn't like Ken.

Yakari (Yamato/Matt X Kari/Hikari)
It's obvious Hikari looks up to Yamato as an elder brother, not as a boyfriend. Same for Yamato, he looks up to her as a sister.

Mira (Mimi X Sora)
Plainly impossible. A tomboy and a fashion girl obviously can't be together.

Miyami (Miyako/Yolei X Mimi)
These two treat each other as sisters, not soul mates.

Sorako (Sora/Miyako)
It's the same as Miyami.

Jyoura (Jyou/Joe X Sora
I don't see this ship at all.

Rukato (Takato X Ruki/Rika)
Takato obviously has feelings for Juri/Jeri and Rika shows no sign of affection for him.

Takumi (Takuya X Zoe/Izumi)
Takuya obviously likes Izumi, but I don't really think the two shall be in a relationship. Really, due to the fact I prefer Kouzumi.

Takouji (Takuya X Kouji/Koji)
They hate each other, and like each other as brothers, not lovers.

Junzumi (Junpei/J.P. X Izumi/Zoe)
Plain obvious that Junpei likes Izumi, but Izumi doesn't like him at all.

I still have more, but that's for later.

clown_buggy
9th December 2005, 1:20 AM
Pokemon

Ash X Misty: Personally, I don't think this ever had a chance of happening. While Misty clearly had feelings for Ash in the first two seasons of the anime, not once has he ever given any indication of liking her as more than just a friend. Plus, the hype over it simply grates on my nerves.

May X Drew: It's very cliched and highly uninteresting. Meh.

Ash X Gary: *see above*

Harley X Any female: 'Cause it's impossible. 'Nuff said.

Power Rangers

Tommy X Kimberly: This was sweet, so sweet that it frequently gave me stomach troubles. Words cannot describe how happy I was when Kimberly finally broke off their relationship in Zeo. I nearly cried tears of joy when that happened.

Rita Repulsa X Lord Zedd: Not only did it seem like the writters pulled this out of thin air, but their constant bickering was irritating beyond belief. The only good thing about this ship was that it provided more evidence of Goldar having a thing for Zedd.

Trent X Kira: While Kira may have been crushing on Trent, he didn't seem interested in her at all.

Blake X Tori: Blake had the hots for Tori, no doubt about that. However, Tori didn't seem to have any attraction to him whatsoever.

Goldar X Scorpina: I know that their Sentai counterparts were lovers and even had a child together, but whenever I watch season one of Power Rangers or "Goldar's Vice Versa" from season two, I just don't see anything there.

Goldar X Rita Repulsa: Just no. Both clearly despise each other, thus the ship doesn't make any sense at all.

Harry Potter

Harry X Ginny: This was very unexpected and poorly written. There isn't a single word out there that can describe my hatred towards it.

Ron X Hermione: Ah, yes. The cliched love-hate relationship. Really, this is so unoriginal it's not even funny.

Tales of Symphonia

Lloyd X Colette: Sugary sweet to the point of being disgusting. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Genis X Presea: Genis isn't mature enough to get involved in a relationship with Presea. In the event they ever got together, I doubt it would last for very long.

Ranma 1/2

Ranma X Akane: Agh. This is even more unoriginal than Ron X Hermione and May X Drew combined. Crap, do I hate it.

Mousse X Shampoo: Actually, I don't dislike this one so much. I just think that Shampoo is too into Ranma to ever return Mousse's feelings.

Inuyasha

Sango X Miroku: Could this be drawn out anymore? It's friggin boring.

Inuyasha X Kagome: *see above*

Kouga X Ayame: I fail to see why this is so popular. Kouga's obviously infatuated with Kagome and doesn't seem to want anything to with Ayame in a romantic sense.

One Piece

Sanji X Nami: Though Sanji obviously has it bad for Nami, I simply can't picture her ever returning his feelings.

YGO

Honda X Shizuka: Shizuka only seems to view Honda as a friend. Can't really picture her acknowledging him as more than that in the future, either.

Jounouchi X Mai: IMO, their personalities don't mesh well together. Other than that, I really have nothing against this ship.

Seto X Shizuka: Why is this so popular? It lacks evidence and doesn't make sense.

Seto X Honda: Really, this is just as illogical as Seto X Shizuka.

Yuugi X Rebecca: Your typical unrequited anime romance. While Rebecca may have a crush on Yuugi, he only seems to view her as a younger sister.

Yuugi X Anzu: These two are platonic friends and nothing more. If anything, they share a brother-sister type relationship.

There you go. I'll edit if I think of anymore ships I dislike.

Power Shot
9th December 2005, 1:40 AM
All righty then, let's see here....

Any Yaoi Whasoever: Heck no. The story might be good, and I might look at it if I have absolutely nothing to do, but I'm straight and it makes me sick half the time.

Anything Involving Drew: I hate the guy, flat out. He shares my name and I hate him for his freaking green hair and that stupid Pokemon he has. He's also a jerk, and is one of the reasons I go by Dreas and not Drew as a nickname.

Yuri: If it's good and not just a horny dream world with hot chicks going at it it's worth a look. After that, I'd only really look at it if I have nothing to do, or if I've had a bad day.

Other than that, I don't really have a shipping alliance, it keeps me from being annoyed by people arguing with me. If it can be done well, and isn't yaoi or involves Drew, it's worth a look in my book. But nothing that's impossible like incest or adult/child thing.

TPMX
9th December 2005, 2:00 AM
Pokemon:

AshxMisty. *hurls* It's incredibly unlikely. They are both stubborn, and that's it.

Anything involving Max or Drew.....or both XD. They just don't see likable.

Inuyasha:

InuyashaxKikiyo. *hurls yet again* Calm with vicious?

I'm not making fun of Pokeshippers or the Inu thing. I just don't like it.

Momoko Lover
9th December 2005, 2:40 AM
Pokeshipping- For some reason, this one scares me, so I don't like it at all.

Diamondshipping- Why, just why?

Eldershipping- This one doesn't make sense at all, and it must DIE!

Gymshipping- This shipping is too overrated and not well thought out, but what shipping is these days.

hammy_ham_ham
9th December 2005, 3:13 AM
I've got a long long list of my disliked shippings, but I'll keep it short.

~pokemon~
All. I don't believe in pokemon parings, bar maybe a bit of pikachuxOC(come on, pikachu needs something).

~sonic the hedgehog~
shadouge(shadowXrouge) Shadow and rouge just don't mix as a couple. As friends, sure, but nothing more. Shadow is a loner, plain and simple.

echidnashipping(knucklesxTikal)
NO. Just NO. Tikal is some 1000 year old spirit of a cream wanna be... Knuckles is a tough cookie with a lot of gettup and go. Not to mention the fact chances are they're related(notice that, while the other echidnas have straight, only the echidnas in Knuckles' family have curved dreads. Tikal does too, so chances are Tikal is his grandma X times removed)

Knuxamy
A snowball's chance in h*ll. He'd kill her the moment he got the chance, how anyone(bar Sonic) can live with that high pitched pink cream puff is beyond my reason...

amouge
See knuxamy...

Short and sweet, anything pairing with Knuckles or Rouge being with anyone besides each other is not on my good side...

STJ
9th December 2005, 6:18 AM
Gymshipping- This shipping is too overrated and not well thought out, but what shipping is these days.

I have to say that you're the only person I know that says Gymshipping is overrated *laughs*

I suppose I should stay on topic as well *thinks*

Serena/Darian
Takuya/Zoe (Digimon)
Van/Fiona (Zoids)
Bit/Leena (Zoids again)

♥~Darkness Within~♥
10th December 2005, 6:02 AM
I don't support
Advancedshipping
Any gay shipping
Waterflowershipping
Gymshipping

eeveelution master
10th December 2005, 10:06 PM
pokemon
pokeshipping-same as pretty much everyone else, it just won't happen.
ash x misty =/= going to happen. he dosent like her. she obsesses about him...violently.
ash x may- same as above ^ without the violence
eldershiping-reminds me of the batman beyond terry loves bruce thing.
gymshiping- I have never seen brock hit on a guy. compaired to how many girls he's 'fallen in love with' it seems like ash wouldn't have a chance
dimondshipping- i'm sorry, i didn't know this was star wars.
Givonni-Ash, I AM YOUR FATHER!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAH
ash: (eep)O_O...@_@..X_X

yu-gi-oh
any poor living creature x anzu-I would never punish anything like that. 4Kids must worship Anzu.
ryou x miho- when ever they're together she daydreams strange things about him...mary sue

inuyasha
kagome x anything- she's useless, all she can do is scream "inuyasha" and stand there waithing to be killed.
kikyo x inuyasha -inuyasha cares about her too much to let her stay in the world of the living and suffer...sometimes. he seems to forget alot.
kogaxfluffy- fluffy's too ...not kagome
fluffy- anyone- he's antisocial for the most part and rin's only a kid so...

sonic
shadow X anyone thats not sonic or kuckles - shadow has almost nothing in common with any other characters but sonic and knux, esp. not amy.
sonic x amy-...she stalks him, whats not to love? everything?
knux x tikal- can't see it.
eggman x anything- no...just no.
koga x aiami-mary sue, obsessive compulsive mary sue

sailor moon
sailor moon x tuxedo mask- even if its cannon, it should have been Darian and Fiore. I just don't like serena.

Shego
11th December 2005, 9:36 PM
Here's the shipping that I don't support:

Pokemon:

Pokeshipping:

1)Two of them were fighting too much that they don't get along well. You see, Misty usually teases Ashy,and hurt his feelings. He on the other hand, just being honest about stuff. Fighting,and arguements were not the signs of love. It's a sign of hate. Most relationships based on caring,loyality,love,affection,amorousness,bond,tr ust,respect,honor,devotion,and lastly passion.

2) There is a possiblity that she had a crush on Ashy. However, Misty had interest in men like Danny,or any other men that was knowledgeable. Misty have her 5-season chance to confess Ash how she feel but she couldn't lay a finger on him like saying "just keep on doing your best". More importantly, there's nothing wrong with their friendship between them. The truth is that Ash,and Misty were just best friends now.

Contestshipping: I have a little problem. Ever since their first met, Drew recently hurt May's feeling by taunting her a lot. When it's comes to love,and romance, this is not the gentleman will do that to the lady.

Naruto:

Naruto,and Sakura: It's very clear that she loves Sasuke more than anyone. Beside, Sakura doesn't like Naruto because of his cluelessness.

The_Dark_Angel_87
12th December 2005, 6:07 PM
i dont support
------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon
kissshipping = i mean, of course, she appears once in the whole pokemon legacy, and that was just in a movie!
advanceshipping = i dont dispise may, but may seems more like a sister to ash
Inuyasha
KikyoxInuyasha= shes dead, he's alive, she keeps trying to kill him. end of story
SesshomaruxKagome = i just cant picture it.
Fire Emblem
erkxpriscilla= i just dont like priscilla, especially with erk i dont like her
matthewxserra = i like serra and matthew, but not together
eliwood x ninian : ninian is just too fragile.

cold_katanagirl
13th December 2005, 4:08 PM
KikyoxInuyasha= shes dead, he's alive, she keeps trying to kill him. end of story<_<

She hasn't tried killing Inuyasha since season two people, so she doesn't "keep trying to kill him" or whatever.

Get new reasons yo. These are getting old.

Medea
13th December 2005, 8:43 PM
Well...To start things off!

Tracey x ANY GIRL FROM THAT ANIME!

*yes I'm a selfish little girl* But more importantly I DO NOT support Orangeshipping!

Now on to different animes...

InuYasha/Kagome (InuYasha)
Yugi/Rebecca (Yu-Gi-Oh)

Roses Ablaze
13th December 2005, 8:55 PM
From Pokemon:

Diamondshipping - mostly due to the militiancy of the fans who believe it's canon
Eldershipping - I don't tend to like ships involving older men with younger women...
Advanceshipping - I just don't like May to be honest
Neocontestshipping (?) - and I dislike Harley even more
Anything that involves non-sentient objects (including hands)

From Digimon:

Ryo/Rika - I don't like Ryo, and the fact that one of the coolest characters in Digimon sacrificed her dignity for the sake of fulfilling a sexist cliche makes it even worse
J.P./Zoe - I don't like guys (or girls for that matter) chasing and catching people they have a crush on. I prefer for it to start out mutual (either mutual dislike, like, or neutralness)

From Sailor Moon:

Shitennou/Senshi - I don't have anything particularly against these pairings except for the fact every Shitennou fic out there (except for the one in my sig) focuses on this. It's like the Shitennou don't deserve to exist unless they're glued to the side of a female scout. As a Shitennou fan, I find it quite...insulting, actually. And frustrating as someone who needs a more fics focusing on the friendship between Endymion and his guardians.

Seiya/Usa - again, I don't really have anything against this ship except for the militiancy of the Mamo-bashing shippers

Phantom_Bugsy
13th December 2005, 9:26 PM
Might as well put some Les Mis ones here.

Marius x Cosette- ...OKAY, MONSIEUR HUGO. WE GET IT. MARIUS LOVES COSETTE. Whoopee! Can we GO now? Seriously, Psilo can even vouch for it, I was reading my Les Mis book while on the phone with him and I was like '...wtf. WHERE ARE MY LES AMIS?!' They shove Marius x Cosette IN YOUR FACE. Whereas with Les Amis, it's just like 'oh yeah, they died. Woo.'

Valjean x Fantine- ...He's fugly, she's a wh*re. No, seriously, she's a prostitute. With a disease. And a kid. Though I bet Psilo would like it. XD

BORDERLINE! Bossuet x Joly- ......I'm aware that it's the closest slash pair to being canon in LM aside from Enjolras x Grantaire, and I do SORTA support it, but gah. The people that support it, most of the time they're all NO, JOLY BELONGS WITH BOSSUET, STFU!!!!1 NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 and they're totally closed-minded about any of the other Joly 'ships or Bossuet 'ships (other than with that sl*t Musichetta!) And of course with me being a firm Joly x Feuilly 'shipper...it gets kinda ugly.

Enjolras x Combeferre- It gets irritating when this is the ONLY widespread 'Ferre-slash pair. 'Course, 'Ferre x Jehan is starting to spread and that makes me happy.

Random Other Shippings:

HCA x Anyone- omgloveandbadpeotryyy!!111 OMGHARTBRAKE!!!!!11 :'( 'Nuff said.

And I find it HILARIOUS how people give pathetically ******* reasons to not like a pair. 'omg may is lik a suistr to ahs!!!!!!1' 'omg mitsy hate ash!!@!21' 'kiko tryed kill inuyaaha!!1'

lol@u.

PDL
13th December 2005, 9:26 PM
I support no shipping, romance is too over-rated and romance has never been a serious factor in pokemon... at all, it should just remain as a source of humour... that is it.

Tropical Spirit
13th December 2005, 10:11 PM
...I love threads like this. I lol at the homophobes and the ones who are all "omgzih8advanzeshipingcuzpokeshipingrulz!!!1lolz!!! 1". :D

HCA x Anyone- omgloveandbadpeotryyy!!111 OMGHARTBRAKE!!!!!11 :'( 'Nuff said.
That's why we're twins, Oos. :P OWNED... And I *KNEW* it would happen. *goes to find quote*

HERE!

i see a relationship there.... well good luck guys...

Just wait 'till HCA changes all her profile to "Heart broken" or other emo crap after that "relationship" "ends".

Anyways, I have an E-crush (|*33|2) on taitofan, on Oos and on Kawaiiest.Combusken. D: *shot*

:3

K, for the actual topic...

#1)99% of the het ships. Period.

Now:

--Pocket Monsterz--

-Pokeshipping. Cliché and the biggest n00b magnet I ever saw.
-Advanceshipping. See pokeshipping. Though the advanceshippers tend to be better than the pokeshippers.
-Contestshipping. See pokeshipping.
-Palletshipping. lol no.
-Handymanshipping. It doesn't work. Period.
*Insert 99% of the main character and het ships here 'coz I'm lazy*

--Sonic--

-Cream x Tails. No... just... NO.
-Sonic x Amy. I lol @ that. Generic is putting VERY mildly.
-Tikal x Knuckles. Anyone who supports this needs death.
-Rouge x Shadow. NOT. AT. ALL.
-Rouge x Knuckles. I find that painfully pathetic.
-Sonic x Tails. I hate that. When Tails mature I bet we won't stand Sonic. :/ They clash a little too much. And not in the good way.

-Amy x Knuckles. See Sonic x Tails, only without the Tails part.
...And pretty much any hat ship too. (Even though Sonic is the franchise where I support most of my het shippings)

--'Lil Potboy--

-Hermione x Ron. NO.
-Hermione x Harry. ...no way in hell.
-Harry x Ron. I'm the one to usually support slash ships, but...
-Harry x Ginny. Can you say R.A.N.D.O.M? No? What about R.U.S.H.E.D?
...And, like always, 99% of the het ships. D:

King Ghidora
15th December 2005, 2:04 AM
Any gay shipping

I'm Suprised you did'nt reply to this, P_B.

All canon shippings. EVER.

Red-Kun
16th December 2005, 1:51 AM
Hrm...

Well first dis:

Da Pokezpecial :0

Red x Misty: Why? Simple: Since i had seen many times that Misty is a girl that follows the rule "Love-at-first-sight" i decided not to support this >_>.

Red x Blue: Merf, Blue seems to be interested in Green or Silver, and Red... well... meh.

Green x Yellow: Why? Because Yellow is a pain in ye butt for Green.

Da Advanced Generation:

Drew x May: Honestly, i think this pairing came out from nothing! I mean, just by one chapter and quickly it becomes a strong pairing, personaly i don't like that May is paired with the green-haired rival.

Brock x May: Urgh... i don't like it >_> cause Brock is waay too old for May, and May doesn't seems to be interested on him.

Wow... that all what i hate? =O

Scizor King
21st December 2005, 11:56 PM
I'll tell you Pokemon ships I do not support.

(THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!)
(Underlined=anime/Bold=Manga/Italic=Games)

Every single frickin' pair besides Brendan/May, Kenta/Marina, Wes/Rui, Ash/Misty, Jessie/James, Butch/Cassidy, Ruby/Sapphire, Gold/Crys, Red/Yellow, Silver/Blue.

Kanta-chan
22nd December 2005, 8:26 PM
Pokeshipping-To me, Ash and Misty just have a brother/sister relationship. I don't not support it because it's the main rival of Advanceshipping, but because of what I think of their relationship. Sure, it's possible that Misty has a crush on Ash, but when Ash met Misty, he was a little too immature to notice girls. :/ The chances of him changing his feelings now aren't the highest in the world, considering Misty's not around right now...
P: Wow, you did all the explaining of why I don't support Pokeshipping. I see them as a brother/sister relationship too. Also . . . isn't Miisty older than him? o_O;;

Harry X Ginny: This was very unexpected and poorly written. There isn't a single word out there that can describe my hatred towards it.

Ron X Hermione: Ah, yes. The cliched love-hate relationship. Really, this is so unoriginal it's not even funny.
Whee~ ^_^ Summed up another one for me. :D

- - - -

Pokemon:

Advanceshipping- Dunno. Ash isn't throwing off any hints. -_- Kinda makes it hard to write a fanfic about it/read a fanfic about it without the pictures in my head. n_n; I haven't posted in that thread in a long time either. :/ It's still cute though.

And basically any other Pokemon shipping thread I haven't posted at is what I don't support. :P Don't ask.

Fullmetal Alchemist:

Ed/Roy and all those other yaoi pairings- D: Have you seen those freak-ish rabid fangirls who drool over this? o-o;

Naruto:

I'm not a supporter of any shippings in this anime. ^^;; It seems more of an action-y anime more than romance. I can't picture any ships even there are a couple of hints. *sigh*

Others:

Kagome/Inuyasha- Those fans... x_X Driving me mad with the constant Kikyo/Inuyusha bashing. >:(

Any yaoi pairing- I like yuri better. :X

Hakajin
23rd December 2005, 5:37 AM
I don't like anything in opposition to Pokeshipping. The one that's been bugging me the most lately is Orangeshipping, but anything that I see as a threat depresses me. Sad but true.

Also don't like yaoi/yuri. If other people like it, fine, whatever, but I don't like it myself.

Strangely, I don't like yaoi, but I love incest. Just the brother/sister kind. People are always surprised when I tell them that, even though they know I like anime, and anime people tend to like that sort of thing.

Red x Misty: Why? Simple: Since i had seen many times that Misty is a girl that follows the rule "Love-at-first-sight" i decided not to support this >_>.

I disagree. About Misty being all about "love-at-first-sight" that is. I hate those kind of relationships. I mean, she might have liked Ash at first, I really can't say, but I think their relationship is all about friendship. That's why I love it so much.

Magus
23rd December 2005, 9:51 AM
Also . . . isn't Miisty older than him? o_O;;
She's, what, a year older? Two at most? Ash is probably 13-14 right now and Misty 14-15. That doesn't seem very significant to me.

STJ
23rd December 2005, 10:57 AM
Know one really knows, since Misty's age has never been stated to my recollection, but whatever.. I should make my post on topic *thinks*

Love Hina
Keitarto/Naru

It happened, I know, I just didn't like how it was shoved down my throat so often..

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
23rd December 2005, 11:10 AM
pokemon:
Pokeshipping
Gymshipping
Pulseshipping (who thought of that?)

Fullmetal Alchemist:
Ed and Roy and other weird shippings...