PDA

View Full Version : Small Help; Description of Swampert

Ryano Ra
24th November 2005, 6:42 PM
This thread is more like a helping thread for me, and I need help with description. Yes, all authors ask for detailing help, and think one will be probably simple to many. --;

Upon writing up a big, juicy-long battle for the tenth chapter of Sky, I stumbled upon a problem with the details of a Swampert. I was planning on the beast as using Focus Punch a few times within the battle, though I need help on something. How would sometime describe a Swampert's physical features of its hands, whether they'd be simply hands or somewhere in the features of aquatic claws?

Somebody help me. ;_;

ClowSui
24th November 2005, 6:56 PM
well if you look the swampert's "paws" are like fins; they have rivet-like features on them

so its sort of like getting smacked by a nail file on the filing part except the rivets are deeper and the blow hurts a lot more

so ol' swampy would curl up his fin to strike w/ focus

Kiyohime
24th November 2005, 6:58 PM
I think of them as webbed, rubbery paws that are constantly rimmed over with a thin layer of slime. Yeah, that nail-file smack would hurt like a mother. x0

Ryano Ra
24th November 2005, 7:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, ClowSui and Scrap. ^^ Both are greatly appreciated.

I never thought of them as 'paws' because they don't take the regular formation of them, like the paws of a Houndoom or Persian. I figured that, however, that it is somewhat rubbery and sleek, having a smooth surface and feeling on the outside, though balling "paws" would be just excruciating, even to a Gyarados. 8D Again, thank you two a lot!

Negrek
24th November 2005, 8:44 PM
I think of them more like flippers, albeit with distinct digits.

Kiyohime
24th November 2005, 9:11 PM
Annnnnnnnd......Negrek WINS! XD

Ryano Ra
24th November 2005, 9:17 PM
I think of them more like flippers, albeit with distinct digits.Exactly. That's exactly how I thought about them, although they do take feathers of both flippers and webbed claws. o.o

Faerie
24th November 2005, 9:17 PM
Same as Negrek. I've always thought of them as flippers, sort of like the kind tortoises have, except more paw-shaped. A Swampert walking around would sorta make a slapping sound, expecially on metal/synthetic floors. Slap, slap, slap. 8D

ClowSui
24th November 2005, 10:02 PM
"slap slap slap...."

....god i'm sick minded >.>

Kiyohime
24th November 2005, 10:14 PM
Yes. Yes, you are. XD I also imagine the sound would be a little sticky, since Swampert seem like the type to be....sticky? o.o;;

ClowSui
25th November 2005, 3:03 AM
"sticky"?

roflcopters on lollerskates scrap, you are so funny XDDD

on topic: i'm glad that you put up this thread serpent...i've never actually wondered about this

Faerie
25th November 2005, 4:53 AM
Yeah. Describing Pokemon is all in the mind of the writer, and if you're creative enough you can really spark something in the minds of readers, like, I never thouhgt of that being like that. It's fun. ^__^

Ryano Ra
27th November 2005, 8:47 PM
A sticky sound? I would just find them to be more of a slapping noise, or perhaps a sliding, dragging sound on hard surfaces? >.o

Kiyohime
27th November 2005, 8:56 PM
Not a dragging sound, but like a wet, squelchy, STICKY slapping noise. XD Wow, this discussion is getting a bit graphic. *coughs innocently*

Ryano Ra
27th November 2005, 9:09 PM
Wait, I have another question.

So, would Swampert's feet simply be feet then? o.o Sure, that's a short question, but I'll eventually fill up this post with nonsense of some sort. XD

Kiyohime
27th November 2005, 9:14 PM
Well, feet are....feet. o.o;; It's kind of ambigious.

feet:The lower extremity of the vertebrate leg that is in direct contact with the ground in standing or walking.

paw:The foot of an animal, especially a quadruped, that has claws or nails.

We love Dictionary.com. X0

Ryano Ra
27th November 2005, 9:17 PM
Oh...well then, that was simple. ^.^ I thought that there would be some kind of interesting name for a Swampert's foot, since it has rubbery paws or distinct flippers. I got my hopes up for nothing. 8D I think that I'll refer to them as paws, since it sounds more suitable for a monstrous mudfish.

Kiyohime
27th November 2005, 9:26 PM
Perhaps some sort of "webbed" paws with long, splayed digits?

Faerie
29th November 2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah. They don't really have claws, but they do have sort of hand-like appendages with four fingers that are webbed. The fingers don't really have nails, but if I'm correct they come to somewhat of a point at the end. Not enough to really be sharp, but they're good for slapping people. xD