PDA

View Full Version : digimon gone??

twillightwolf
25th November 2005, 12:21 AM
is the new season out in canada yet i thought it was supposed to come way back in may in america when is it coming here

Chris
25th November 2005, 2:06 AM
What new season? o_O There's only four series' of Digimon. All four have aired in the US and Japan. There's nothing more of Digimon aside from the remaining movies that need to be finished being dubbed and the CG movie.

Pika Hikari KT
25th November 2005, 2:13 AM
Uh, the rest of the movies(except X-Evolution) were dubbed over the summer, EE(in fact, FoxFamily is showing the Frontier movie this Sunday!). They were all pretty damn good.^_^

And there are rumors about of a new season, but it's not confirmed yet. I try to keep up to date on anything new with Digimon...

DigitalKaede
25th November 2005, 2:16 AM
Actually, there prob. isn't going to be a 5th season. Those rumors were probably fake. They say it was gonna be a manga. But, like Ed said, what season? Frontier? Tamers?

Chris
25th November 2005, 2:23 AM
Uh, the rest of the movies(except X-Evolution) were dubbed over the summer, EE(in fact, FoxFamily is showing the Frontier movie this Sunday!). They were all pretty damn good.^_^

And there are rumors about of a new season, but it's not confirmed yet. I try to keep up to date on anything new with Digimon...
Oh that's bullcrap. No DVD releases? :< No wonder I haven't heard anything about the movies since the news of them being dubbed. I don't watch FF, nor do I have the time to watch anything before [adult swim]. >_>;

kaibachaoschampion
25th November 2005, 10:43 AM
We are yet to get the 4th in the UK.

indigestible_wad
25th November 2005, 11:01 PM
You're not missing anything. It was easily the worst season and I stopped watching it halfway through.

Pika Hikari KT
26th November 2005, 12:09 AM
Oh that's bullcrap. No DVD releases?
They were all under an hour long, so Toon Disney had a ton of commercials to fill the remaining time when it came time for the breaks. ...When they could've just aired a cartoon when it ended.:/

DigitalKaede
26th November 2005, 12:18 AM

Actually, there wasn't any reports of Frontier coming to the UK.

Originally posted by Wikipedia

However, between poor ratings and licencing mixups in the change from Fox Kids to Jetix, Digimon's fourth incarnation has not been shown in any shape or form in the UK, also Digimon has been absent from the schedules of Jetix's UK incarnation since the beginning of 2005.

DKzM0mA
26th November 2005, 12:23 AM
I heard about something called Digimon Chronicles. It's about digimon with some virus or sumthing like that.

DigitalKaede
26th November 2005, 12:25 AM
I think that's a manga, not an anime.

Kamex
26th November 2005, 12:41 AM
If they decide to animate Digimon Chronicles, then there will be a new season. But as of now, there's only been four.

Nathan Madien
29th November 2005, 12:10 AM
You're not missing anything. It was easily the worst season and I stopped watching it halfway through.

Oh? I stopped watching Digimon the moment Leomon got killed off during season three (not that season three was that great to begin with). They should've ended Digimon on a high note at the end of season two.

Pika Hikari KT
29th November 2005, 1:21 AM
Oh? I stopped watching Digimon the moment Leomon got killed off during season three(not that season three was that great to begin with).
Hey, I liked Tamers, thank you very much!:@ Frontier could've been better with the partners, but the Spirits were pretty innovative. I loved Aldamon.^_^

Shining Celebi
29th November 2005, 4:39 AM
Digimon Chronicle was never planned to be an anime or a manga. It was the storyline of the Pendulum X toys, which came with illustrated story inserts.

Frontier's ratings were excellent in the US. That's why it's still on the air.

The "rumors" about a fifth series are indeed all false, save that there is a remote possibility of (as in, an offhand comment a Bandai of Japan employee made suggests and something someone well respected on some Japanese Digimon forums said that, and that the recent explosion of new products may indicate) a new series next year.

Chris
29th November 2005, 4:55 AM
Had there been any word of a fifth series, info would have been out just before the fourth series was coming to an end. Magazines have had info for each next series as one series was nearing it's finale. Not to mention, it would have aired in Japan by now, seeing as how the fourth series ended quite a while ago (last year, was it?).

Bash the fourth series all you want. It was a damn good series. >_> I liked that they were their own Digimon. Actually gave the kids something to do rather than have the Digimon rely on their trust and beliefs in them to power them up and such. o_O Not to mention, the Digimon spirits they all inherited were NOT common Digimon. They were all Legendary Digimon.

Shining Celebi
29th November 2005, 5:05 AM
A series in a franchise doesn't _have_ to immediately follow the last. :P

If there is going to be a fifth series, though, I would expect it to be announced in V-Jump, as all the others were, a few months beforehand. Meaning December or January. February at the latest.

Shadowcat
29th November 2005, 5:53 AM
Had there been any word of a fifth series, info would have been out just before the fourth series was coming to an end. Magazines have had info for each next series as one series was nearing it's finale. Not to mention, it would have aired in Japan by now, seeing as how the fourth series ended quite a while ago (last year, was it?).

Bash the fourth series all you want. It was a damn good series. >_> I liked that they were their own Digimon. Actually gave the kids something to do rather than have the Digimon rely on their trust and beliefs in them to power them up and such. o_O Not to mention, the Digimon spirits they all inherited were NOT common Digimon. They were all Legendary Digimon.

The 4th Season was cool. They were one of a kind. There are no other Digimon known as Lanamon. There is only one Lanamon in the Digital World, same for Kazemon and Lobomon and Zephyrmon and the others.

Anyways, too bad they didn't show the fusion form of Wind. JetSilphymon would be cool.

In Singapore, they only showed until the 4th Season, both English and Chinese. The movies, I can't even find DVDs or VCDs of them.

DigitalKaede
29th November 2005, 6:57 AM
Frontier was actually pretty much better than most season's 'cept Tamers. The only thing I hated was the dub song.."Forever united as one!Digimon!". Jeez, I've got that song stuck in my head.

Nathan Madien
29th November 2005, 5:49 PM
Hey, I liked Tamers, thank you very much!:@ Frontier could've been better with the partners, but the Spirits were pretty innovative. I loved Aldamon.^_^

Well, I don't like Tamers but you do. There's nothing wrong with that.

Kamex
30th November 2005, 1:01 AM
Frontier was actually pretty much better than most season's 'cept Tamers. The only thing I hated was the dub song.."Forever united as one!Digimon!". Jeez, I've got that song stuck in my head.
Really? I loved that song. It got stuck in my head, too, but I enjoy it. I got used to the old pattern of Digimon opening themes, which were nice, but a more standard song for a change was nice. Especially this one. It's kind of like Yugioh GX having a song, except what it had before was barely a song in the first place.

And I thought the fourth season was interesting, too. It is true that those kids seemed to be a little too useless when they weren't becoming digimon. For me, it's the third season that I wasn't too fond of. It's okay, I guess, but the whole attempt at making it more of a real environment, and the previous seasons just a 'show' didn't really click with me. Meh.

Anyway, it's always possible a fifth season could be announced. Just hasn't been yet.

Shadowcat
30th November 2005, 1:07 AM
Luckily in Singapore, we have the Japanese Songs instead. There might be a 5th Season, and there might not be.

Tamer Zack
1st December 2005, 8:11 PM
From what I been hearing on the streets there might be a 5th season I beleive that's what all the new Digimon are hinting.

Nathan Madien
2nd December 2005, 7:33 PM
From what I been hearing on the streets there might be a 5th season I beleive that's what all the new Digimon are hinting.

I've also heard on the streets that the cow jumped over the moon and that the cup ran away with the spoon.

Zoy_Herotic
2nd December 2005, 8:46 PM
Here's a couple of things you guys might wanna take into consideration:
The first episode of Digimon Frontier is called 'All Aboard,' whereas the last episode is called 'End of the Line.'

Do you guys also remember way back in the first episode of season 1 Tai saying "And so it begins,"?
Well, Susannomon pretty much said the same thing in the last Frontier episode, but he said: "And so it ends."

Plus, Frontier was the season with the words: 'The End' at the end of the season. I think these should point a few of us in the right direction.

-Totodile-
2nd December 2005, 8:53 PM

At least it was better than Digimon! repeated 5 million times in 30 seconds

Nathan Madien
2nd December 2005, 9:25 PM
At least it was better than Digimon! repeated 5 million times in 30 seconds

Well, it isn't like they can't use the Japanese songs.