PDA

View Full Version : Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Serebii
24th November 2005, 11:36 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/430.jpgTactics Theatrics!

At the Battle Dome, Ash meets the Leader, Tucker. Not long after meeting Tucker Ash challenges him to a battle for the Tactics Symbol. It's a 2 VS 2 Match. Ash's Corphish & Swellow VS Tucker's Arcanine and Swampert. Will Ash be able to get his 3rd Froniter Symbol or will he wash out?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/430.shtml)

Discuss

ChaosMage
24th November 2005, 11:50 PM
Will Ash be able to get his 3rd Froniter Symbol or will he wash out?

Yes, I really want to know! (sarcasm) To be honest, I would expect Ash to lose this if we didn't already know the answer to this loverly question.

The Big Al
25th November 2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, the comic really did spoil the whole thing.

ŁańkaŃ
25th November 2005, 2:19 AM
Yeah, the comic really did spoil the whole thing.

Yea..like big time...

how long ago did we kno about ash going to win? was it 4 weeks or 5?..lol

well, i just can't wait to see the combination of Arcanine and Swampert...lol...should be intresting...

Samayowa
25th November 2005, 2:24 AM
Even if it was spoiled the battle itself is what I'm looking forward to...too bad it'll be forever before this episode gets to the U.S. T.T

Diamond and Pearl

Addydo
25th November 2005, 5:33 AM
Can't wait for the episode pictures! :D

Golden Darkness
25th November 2005, 2:01 PM
Seen the episode. Some bits about this.

I think this is the first episode to feature 7th movie music.

Tucker is included in the intro credits. For a guy dressed like that, he has a deep voice, not to mention lots of adoring fangirls.

Animation is really good in this episode.

Team Rocket does not try to steal any Pokemon, therefore do not interrupt the match. Instead, they are serving snack for the many viewers of the match ala their Hoenn League job.

There were references to Ash's participation in the Kanto, Orange, Johto and Hoenn leagues.

Eddieursa
25th November 2005, 2:17 PM
References?. What kind of references?.

Blaziken master
25th November 2005, 4:15 PM
I've seen the pics and it looks jaw dropping.Scott appears and he looks cuter than usual. He's getting interviewed along with the rest of the gang. The reference that golden darkness meant was that on the giant screen it showed the different stadiums that Ash has fought in

Alfonso
25th November 2005, 4:17 PM
I've seen the pics and it looks jaw dropping.Scott appears and he looks cuter than usual. He's getting interviewed along with the rest of the gang. The reference that golden darkness meant was that on the giant screen it showed the different stadiums that Ash has fought in

Should have shown Orange Island Drake in my opinion. No one cares about the damned Stadiums.

CyberCubed
25th November 2005, 4:39 PM
There were references to Ash's participation in the Kanto, Orange, Johto and Hoenn leagues.

Wow, actual continuity!

I'm so glad Ash's past accomplishments were finally stated. It seems to me like the Pokemon league officials forget all about Ash's victories.

I mean he HAS won the Orange league, come in top 16 in Kanto, and Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn. Compared to the 200 trainers that enter each league and never make it past the preliminaries, it's nice to see Ash finally recognized.

Now if only Ash could get some popularity, so many people still don't even recognize him and think he's a nobody.

ChaosMage
25th November 2005, 4:46 PM
Cool stuff-
Great looking episode
Tucker looks amazing
Pokemon are cool
Corphish still knows how to rock!
Norman in a flower costume!
May having a minor part as an anonymous fangirl

Bleh stuff-
We knew what was gonna happen

skarmachild
25th November 2005, 7:03 PM
Damn I really need to see some Frontier Episodes...

Sounds great, especially when Team Rocket DON'T interupt, thats what Team Rocket should be doing, just randomly going around doing a little filler.

Blaziken master
25th November 2005, 10:07 PM
Another thing TR went through the entire episode without blasting off. The part that looks interesting from what I saw from the pictures is the part where both corphish and swellow are trapped in the vortex. Looks uber cool

ŁańkaŃ
25th November 2005, 10:12 PM
Another thing TR went through the entire episode without blasting off. The part that looks interesting from what I saw from the pictures is the part where both corphish and swellow are trapped in the vortex. Looks uber cool

i kno they didn't blast off..i was thinking at the end after Ash won...all of a sudden they would have do attempt of stealing..lol

oh well..it was a great battle...but sad...taht Ash had to WIN...seriously..Swellow and Corpish did what like 1 - 3 hits...and the rest failed..lol...

ShoOCha0tic
26th November 2005, 4:59 AM
i guess this episode is another victory for ash!! -_-;;

Flamez
26th November 2005, 5:15 AM
Ok just saw the episode and it was great. The animation and the music were really nice. Corphish and Swellow were great. The only thing that i hated is that Scott,brock,may and max were shown to much explaining everything or something like that. They always do that but this time was just to much. I mean during the battle scott was talking about tactics or something and he gave a freaking 1 to 2 min speech.lol.

JazzJazz
26th November 2005, 5:47 AM
i guess this episode is another victory for ash!! -_-;;

You seem to say it as if it's a bad thing... of course he was going to conquer the Battle Dome, just as he will with the remaining Frontier Brains.

Heracross
26th November 2005, 10:16 AM
Wow... this had to be the best battle since Keade. The animation was great, the action was engaging, and of course Heigani and Oosubame pwn as usual. Seeing them in a double battle together was awesome beyond words.

They really didn't waste any time either - there was only about five minutes before the battle started and it lasted until nearly the end. This episode was also a perfect example of how the Rocket-dan can be in an important episode without taking away from the main plot or interrupting the action. They just did their food vending thing and watched from the stands. And I thought it was funny when they were eating the food that they were supposed to be selling. XD

There was some great music in this one as well. I particularly liked the old school pieces they used, though the movie music they threw in there was nice too. It really added a lot of suspense.

And on a final note, Hiisu didn't act as flamboyant as I expected, but I suppose with that outfit you wouldn't need to.

vaporeon89
26th November 2005, 11:16 AM
Can anyone say the exact moves Arcanine and Swampert used?

;134;89

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
26th November 2005, 5:34 PM
Well just saw the pics and this looks really cool. Team Rocket were pretty good. Scott apeared again! I guess this means he'll be there for every Facility.

DKzM0mA
26th November 2005, 5:36 PM
What move did swampert use when its tail glowed goldish?

Gravy
26th November 2005, 6:08 PM
The whole episode was brilliant. The battle was incredibly intense, all the attacks used looked absolutely devestating and the pokémon themselves pulled off some admirable combination moves. I thought Swellow getting Arcanine to use Extreme Speed accidentally on Swampert was one worth mentioning. And of course, there was the Water Pulse/Fire Blast tornado.

Tucker may not have been as flamboyant as many people had hoped, but he still retained his love of being showered with applause in front of a cheering audience. And that aspect of his personallity was pretty cool. It certainly made his first meeting with Ash before the match a lot more interesting than past gym leaders.
Though I have to say, those fangirls started to annoy me after a while ^^;

Apart from the gob-smackingly awesome animation, I thought giving Tucker's
pokémon such a wide variety of attacks helped this battle to be far more interesting than what we're usually used to. Swampert for example used about 6 different moves during the match, and Swellow & Arcanine used varying techniques also. Aerial Ace from Arcanine was most unexpected, and even Ash seemed to be a little shocked when Tucker ordered the attack.

But on the downside, it really makes you notice just how limited Corphish's moves are. All its really been using are the ol' Crabhammer and Bubblebeam, and its lack of attacks really stood out in contrast to the other pokémon. That needs to be fixed methinks. Screw evolution, what Corphish 'needs' is another decent attack. Dig, where art 'thou?~

-Would I be correct in assuming Tucker's Arcanine was female? It certainly sounded like it at least.
-So, they're now using the red-ish CG BubbleBeam that is seen during the opening now? You have to wonder why they keep making these changes at such awkward times.
-Speaking of changes, what the hell was up with Mud Shot? It looked identical to the old energy-orb BubbleBeam fro the early AG days :/

ShoOCha0tic
26th November 2005, 6:16 PM
You seem to say it as if it's a bad thing... of course he was going to conquer the Battle Dome, just as he will with the remaining Frontier Brains.
its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-

S.Suikun
26th November 2005, 6:22 PM
Tucker = Fashion victim to the max.

I'm a little disappointed that Scott had to show his fat face again. I'm convinced more than ever that he's a pedophilic stalker. The animation in this owns. Easily the best Brain battle so far.

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/5580/tuckersenri4zi.png
XD. AVATAR. NOW.

Gravy
26th November 2005, 6:23 PM
its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-
Aww, but if he hadn't won, you'd have to complain about a ton of fillers.
Look at it this way. Now you get to complain about a decent battle episode with absolutely no faults at all, instead of complaining about many random ones in which nothing particulary spectacular happens!

Feel better now? http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

GreenKirby
26th November 2005, 6:28 PM
That episode looks very superb. I wish can download the episode that but I cannot ask for downloads here.

This day is very sweet, first Harley and now Tucker. I wonder when are they gonna use the Tucker pic in myt sig as a avatar?

Deoxys & Jirachi
26th November 2005, 6:31 PM
i looked at the pictures of the episode and i thought it was a good battle with that person in the battle dome and ash won again and gained his third symbol and i thought ash was going to lose this one for sure.

BrokenDreams
26th November 2005, 7:06 PM
Did talk about May in this episode?

MidnightScott
26th November 2005, 7:06 PM
*Holds Breath*
Damn - that was one awesome episode. The animation was really cool looking. Wow - Tucker was actually manly and didn't sound homosexual. Oh well - looks can be deceiving. He was just entertaining all the girls in the crowd, xD. Dang, his Pokémon had some amazing moves. I still can't figure out the water on the ceiling thing - was that the move Water Spout or something? The CG moves always look so awesome :P - I wish more future battles could be like this. It was also amazing that Team Rocket for once didn't interrupt the battle - I wish it could stay that way but we can't make that decision >_>; We can expect that he could possibly be one of the best Frontier Brains (in the show anyway) I also think he's a ladies man but he isn't some evil freak either like Harley.
*Exhales*

Oh well - this one one awesome episode and deserves an awesome rating of 10/10! This has been the best episode so far IMO.

~Scott;229;

boLd NinJa{Koga's Son}
26th November 2005, 8:59 PM
saw the pics, the episode is awesom! Especially Tucker's Swampert made the Episode so cool.It is the first time we see a Swampert battle that long!That Tail-Glowing thing, was that really water pulse?

;169;

CyberCubed
26th November 2005, 9:04 PM

It's no more predictable then Ash getting all 8 badges or May getting her 5 ribbons. We know Ash/May will get all their little trinkets to enter the league, so even if Ash/May lose, we know they'll just try again until they succeed.

Besides, I think they're saving Ash's loss for Lucy. That way the writers can put Lucy in more than one episode. :D

JazzJazz
26th November 2005, 9:07 PM
We know Ash/May will get all their little trinkets to enter the league, so even if Ash/May lose, we know they'll just try again until they succeed.

Indeed, it's most inevitable that Ash will obtain all seven Frontier Symbols... it's not predictable, it's fiction... the protagonist usually wins.

Thriller
26th November 2005, 9:10 PM
My God my bad day gets worse.

Of course that fat guy has to appear in page 2 of the pics. OF COURSE!

I didn't really feel like looking through all the pics because

#1 I knew the outcome already
#2 Scottie was in it

I just hope that we won't rush to the Battle Pike if that is were we are going next.

From what I saw the battle was pretty cool but Yott (not a typo) being in the episode ruined it for me.

CyberCubed
26th November 2005, 9:20 PM
Has Scott ever explained why he's always managed to show up just when Ash is about to enter a Facility? It seems too much of a coincidence to me.

He's either stalking Ash...or possibly May.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
26th November 2005, 9:29 PM
I just saw the episode and it was nice. I really liked the seventh movie music playing. Swampert is just awsome. He looks just so flexible and long! Overall one nice episode.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?

MidnightScott
26th November 2005, 9:34 PM
1. Scott thinks Ash is a very powerful trainer and wants to watch his battles.
2. Scott owns the Battle Frontier, duh.
3. Why do yall hate Scott so much - he doesn't have gender identity issues like Harley - Harley is a sick evil freak.

~Scott;229;

Blaziken master
26th November 2005, 9:51 PM
Best Battle frontier facility episode ever! The battles were awesome and the fan girls were crazy! Swampert got the battle time it deserved and arcanine was more awesome than usual.The team of Swellow and corphish was the best in a while. Tucker's voice sounded like the anouncer of the hoenn league to me. It could have used an pre battle filler episode though.

Sushi
26th November 2005, 10:07 PM
Cookies for Akihiro Tamagawa and Masaaki Iwane <3

This episode was delicious. The animation speaks for itself, I loved the BGM used here (I was already wondering when they were going to use music from the 7th movie soundtrack), and the battle had variety and was well paced. They do have to watch that 'Battle Frontier' doesn't become overused though. It's a great song, and I don't want them to ruin it by playing it over and over again.

Of course, I liked the Pok&#233;mon in this battle too. Corphish is my favorite Ash Pok&#233;mon at the moment, with Swellow, they make a great team.

Two particular scenes at the beginning were really hilarious. The one with Ash happily answering the interviewers' questions, until he was told by Scott that they were only interested in him because he was Tucker's opponent, and the scene later with May and Max imagining what their father would look like with Tucker's outfit. And holy crackers, Norman looked yummy in that fairy costume if I may say so O.o

Tucker is awesome, but I knew that all along anyway. His movements were just plain cool. So far, they've always found a way to make the Brains even more interesting than in the games, I hope they keep up with that. Victor was pretty cool, too.

I was a little irritated by the fangirls' (first) impolite attitude towards Ash, but on the other hand, I'm glad. Characters with a large fanbase in their 'world' tend to have an extremely cocky attitude (Tucker excluded), and a generally confident person like Ash might become even worse than just stuck-up XD

Well...if I went on I'd probably just continue repeating what others already said. But really, it's my favorite Frontier Battle so far.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?

It was a Pok&#233;mon transfering machine (or however they call that thing which switches their Pok&#233;mon with others from the 'box'/laboratory) I think. I guess it works like the ones in Pok&#233;mon Centers, but you have to wonder how, since there weren't any telephones near by. :/

V Faction
26th November 2005, 10:10 PM
Tucker's Swampert > Masamune's Swampert. It's what his SHOULD'VE been.

And this episode goes to show you that manga spoilers can't always keep 'em down. ;)

God, is there anything BAD about this episode? Honestly. I guess you could say it was fairly formulatic. But some things taste good as they are.

It leaves me almost sad.... We aren't going to get fabulous animation like that each episode. Hell, just WATCHING the Elekid preview made me depressed.

Lucy should be next. Can't wait for that. And see now, I'm spoiled. They showed the Battle Dome so early that I'm anticipating an event that won't occur for another 10 episodes.

But on the downside, it really makes you notice just how limited Corphish's moves are. All its really been using are the ol' Crabhammer and Bubblebeam, and its lack of attacks really stood out in contrast to the other pokémon. That needs to be fixed methinks. Screw evolution, what Corphish 'needs' is another decent attack. Dig, where art 'thou?~
AMEN.

Harden, Vicegrip, Bubblebeam, Crabhammer. It's a wonder how Ash's Pokemon can survive with only select attacks.

Hitchin_A_Ride
26th November 2005, 10:11 PM
Tucker! finally apear..he look so masculine in the series that i was shocked i must said...but..pretty cool episode and the best FB so far!

Yamato-san
27th November 2005, 2:12 AM
damn.... three Frontier Brains showed up thus far, and for two of them, their seiyuu almost immediately struck me as being familiar (the first being Datsura). All throughout this episode, I was thinking "Heath sounds like Count Elec from Rockman.EXE" (a series I'd been downloading lately). I waited for the credits to see his name, did a quick look-up, and BAM! (http://sdb.noppo.com/kenta_m.htm) I was right ^^.

Anyway, I can't friggin believe it. The previous episode has Hakuryuu, my favorite Pokemon, in the title. Obviously, I had high expectations for it, but it ended up absolutely sucking (mainly due to Zenigame glorification and Hakuryuu barely appearing enough to redeem the negative aspects about the episode). Meanwhile, this episode features a Pokemon I rather dispise, but it ends up kicking a**. Yeah, I know, we should just enjoy these episodes for what they are rather than let our preferences in Pokemon cloud our judgement and jump to conclusions before seeing them, but dammit, this anime's main intent is to showcase those creatures. How can we be expected NOT to judge an episode at least somewhat based on our favorite or least favorite Pokemon being featured. Besides, other than Windie appearing, there was also the manga spoiling everything and the fact that it was a Frontier Brain battle being crammed into one episode that lowered our expectations (not to say Kogomi's battle was horrid, but a second episode would've done it some good, and that goes even more towards Haruka's latest contest, which tried too hard to cram in a backstory. Heath's characterization and battle, though, seemed to have been nicely wrapped up within the span of one episode).

So, even though I'm no fan of Windie, this battle was great nontheless. Heigani and Oosubame are loveable as always, and I agree with what was said about the variety in move usage, though the Mud Shot that looked like Bubble Beam bugged the hell out of me. And was that really Water Pulse? I thought I heard "Mizu no Hadou" as well, but that looked an awful lot like it should've been Whirlpool to me (would've been cool if it was, though, because that would nicely demonstrate how moves like that and Surf could possibly be executed on land). These guys have been inconsistent with how moves look before, but this time, it seems to have gotten just plain ridiculous. I did like Protect looking like a forcefield, though. Oh, and Haruka seems to have commented on using Fire Blast for a Contest appeal.... I wonder if this is a sign of things to come for Wakashamo.

It's about time there was mention of Satoshi's participation in all those leagues (also nice to see that the Orange Island tournament and Whirl Cup hadn't been forgotten, even if I utterly detested the latter one and its crappy mini-saga). But it's a shame they didn't take this opportunity to give Haruka and Masato a more surprised reaction. Remember, Masato wasn't familiar with Satoshi prior to his final battle in the Shirogane Tournament. Sure, he and Haruka been with Satoshi for the past... oh, possibly a year in the anime's time.... but we can only wonder if Satoshi told them about these things off-screen (I don't think they knew he had a Kabigon until the Banana Namakero Park episode. Besides, it could be a little hard to believe that Satoshi won the Orange championship, especially when Masato had poked fun at him only coming in 8th place in Shirogane, a very recent event at the time). Ah well, I already got a giant mutt laughing in my face going "you can't have it all".

Finally, I'd like to personally thank Rocket Dan. If they hadn't been so limitedly involved as they were, I can bet you this all wouldn't have been pulled off within a single episode as nicely as it was.

S.Suikun
27th November 2005, 3:02 AM
While looking at the pictures at filb.de, I noticed something. In the video before the match profiling Ash to the audience, we see screens of the Indigo League, Whirl Cup, Silver Conference, and Evergrande stadiums. Nice touch.

Heracross
27th November 2005, 4:23 AM
It's about time there was mention of Satoshi's participation in all those leagues (also nice to see that the Orange Island tournament and Whirl Cup hadn't been forgotten, even if I utterly detested the latter one and its crappy mini-saga).
Eh? They did forget the Orange league though - it was the only one that wasn't shown. Rather odd considering it was an actual league with gyms and all, unlike the Whirl Islands tournament, which was shown.

Shiny Rekkuza
27th November 2005, 4:35 AM
I really though Ash was gonna lose this one ._.

oh well there is always hope Azami will beat the bloody pulp out of him with her Milotic, seviper, or shuckle :D

The animation was superb, Tucker was great as were the moves that the pokemon used ^^ Great ep overall

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
27th November 2005, 10:19 AM
I loved seeing all the leagues Ash has been in (but orange islands wasn't there T_T), it seems the Battle Dome is the 'public facility' since it was like a league stadium, full of fans (all there for Tucker, except for May, Max, Brock and Scott), It was an amazing battle, shame the previous battle fronteir matches weren't this great. I did think Ash was going to lose, Swellow and Corphish v Arcanine and Swampert...

9/10

Rudoku
27th November 2005, 1:12 PM
I'm a little disappointed that Scott had to show his fat face again. I'm convinced more than ever that he's a pedophilic stalker.
He's a stalker in the games, so it makes sense that he's one in the anime.

Yamato-san
27th November 2005, 2:00 PM
Eh? They did forget the Orange league though - it was the only one that wasn't shown. Rather odd considering it was an actual league with gyms and all, unlike the Whirl Islands tournament, which was shown.

I suggest you watch the episode again. I clearly heard them refer to the Orange championship, even if I don't recall a picture of it being shown.

Heracross
27th November 2005, 2:28 PM
*Head + desk*

My bad. I [obviously] didn't catch that the first time around. I'll blame it on the fact that it was like 4:30 in the morning when I watched the episode. Yeah, that's it... ^^;;

ghost master
27th November 2005, 2:43 PM
Did anyone notice that May's egg disappeared unless the pics skipped over it. Anyway this episode was pretty good. Not any flaws really and it makes me wonder why half of the hoenn league battles were so much worse than this.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
27th November 2005, 2:49 PM
Did anyone notice that May's egg disappeared unless the pics skipped over it. Anyway this episode was pretty good. Not any flaws really and it makes me wonder why half of the hoenn league battles were so much worse than this.
yeah, but maybe Scott had it in his marshmellow hair

or maybe it magically dissapeared for this episode

or maybe the animators couldn't be bothered..

skarmachild
27th November 2005, 5:35 PM
yeah, but maybe Scott had it in his marshmellow hair

or maybe it magically dissapeared for this episode

or maybe the animators couldn't be bothered..

Or maybe the animators browsed the Serebii forum and checked all the threads which say "OMG wh4AT IZ mAayS EgG g00ng 2 b?!" and decided to remove the egg in-case of future scenarios.

JazzJazz
27th November 2005, 6:16 PM
Anyway this episode was pretty good. Not any flaws really and it makes me wonder why half of the hoenn league battles were so much worse than this.

Wonder no more, it can all be explained by a magical little thing call inconsistency... these writers really do seem to have good days and bad.

skarmachild
27th November 2005, 7:55 PM
Hopefully Team Rocket only play minor parts in battles like this. Was great overall. Loved the nice CG effects, although how many times was the crowd screaming scene repeated?

Anyway, pretty good episode (this is the first I've actually seen of the BF Saga), future BF episodes should be this good. Scotts really funny, and his super-round face.

9/10 - Good animation, but if they made really smooth animations a perfect 10/10. Nice battle.

Gravy
27th November 2005, 9:06 PM
All throughout this episode, I was thinking "Heath sounds like Count Elec from Rockman.EXE" (a series I'd been downloading lately). I waited for the credits to see his name, did a quick look-up, and BAM! (http://sdb.noppo.com/kenta_m.htm) I was right ^^.

Gahh! I knew Tucker sounded strangely familliar! If he had been constantly spouting a truck-load of totally random Engrish, I'd have recognised him in an instant! >_<

Mawile_Eyes
29th November 2005, 6:38 AM
This Es show me the best battle, Tucker is so kool and his pokemon are so powerful. One thing I don't like: Ash's pokemon seem so strong after they are hit by Fusion Of Water & Fire. I think it's not fair

jolteonjak
29th November 2005, 10:46 PM
Or maybe the animators browsed the Serebii forum and checked all the threads which say "OMG wh4AT IZ mAayS EgG g00ng 2 b?!" and decided to remove the egg in-case of future scenarios.

I love seeing people make fun of "leet" speak...

GreenKirby
30th November 2005, 1:08 AM
I finnaly got a way to obtain the episode. The battle was of a great quality and was done very well (even if it did lack Charizard/Grovyle). Arcanine and Swampert were very powerful/formidable and Corphish and Swellow were able to stay for pretty long. I liked Tucker's little magic trick at the end and his entrance was cool how he leaped around the dome.

But why was Ash suprised and scared when Scott told him about Tucker?

Mawile_Eyes
30th November 2005, 5:40 AM
I don't know Japanese but I guess that Scott told Ash 'bout Tucker's record before. And no ones hasn't defeated him yet.

Yamato-san
30th November 2005, 7:54 AM
Gahh! I knew Tucker sounded strangely familliar! If he had been constantly spouting a truck-load of totally random Engrish, I'd have recognised him in an instant! >_<

Didn't it seem like he was speaking enough Engrish? Given, it wasn't as random as what you'd expect from a British stereotype, but he still went on quite a bit about "beauty" and whatnot.

Gravy
30th November 2005, 6:25 PM
Didn't it seem like he was speaking enough Engrish? Given, it wasn't as random as what you'd expect from a British stereotype, but he still went on quite a bit about "beauty" and whatnot.
If he did, then I honsetly didn't notice it. About the only bit of engrish I heard from him was 'entertainment', 'fusion' and 'fighting spirit'. Which, compared to the amount of engrish Elec used most of the time, is pretty limited.
All I could hear from Tucker however, was the constant use of 'suteki' :P

Andyhaunt
30th November 2005, 10:28 PM
What was the typical "Special strategy of the day" that Ash always use to win in each Gym/Frontier/League battle???? In the ep pictures I just saw Corphish riding on Swellow through some fog and then Corphish KOing Arcanine with a Crabhammer uppercut. I didn´t even see how Swellow KOed Swampert.

Zoramon089
1st December 2005, 12:12 AM
Well he basically had Corphish bubble Arcanine's fire blast to create steam and hide his pokemon. Then Swellow (Corphish on its back) uses aerial ace zips past Arcanine & Swampert then they come back and attack them to KO.

It's because with a head on attack they'd have supported each other and countered but they were taken from surprise

BrokenDreams
1st December 2005, 3:13 AM
Did it mention Tucker being undefeated?

Addydo
3rd December 2005, 8:14 AM
What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped into the air to attack Swellow in the beginning of the battle!?
Better yet, what were all the attacks that Arcanine, Swampert, Corphish, and Swellow used in this episode!? :)

Gravy
3rd December 2005, 1:33 PM
What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped into the air to attack Swellow in the beginning of the battle!?
That was an Aerial Ace attack~

Addydo
4th December 2005, 12:51 AM
What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped over Swampert in page 5 of the pictures!?

Gravy
4th December 2005, 12:55 AM
What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped over Swampert in page 5 of the pictures!?
...Didn't I just like....answer that question?
Don't make me spell it out in phonics now!

Addydo
4th December 2005, 1:17 AM
...Didn't I just like....answer that question?
Don't make me spell it out in phonics now!

No, the one where he's got this white stream of light in front of his mouth, when he jumps over Swampert.

Gravy
4th December 2005, 1:21 AM
A-R-I-E-L
Eh-ruh-ee-ul

A-C-E
Ay-suh

Addydo
5th December 2005, 8:52 AM
What Attack was that that Corphish got hit by in page 6 of the pictures!?
Also was that just Flamethrower Arcanine used on Swellow, or was that Overheat too, or Flame Wheel!? :confused:
Oh, and why was Swampert's Tail glowing? Was he using Rain Dance or something!?:confused:
The reason I'm asking these questions is because I'm trying to make my own Synopsis for myself to read. :)

Pokeballs
5th December 2005, 12:47 PM
What Attack was that that Corphish got hit by in page 6 of the pictures!?
Also was that just Flamethrower Arcanine used on Swellow, or was that Overheat too, or Flame Wheel!? :confused:
Oh, and why was Swampert's Tail glowing? Was he using Rain Dance or something!?:confused:
The reason I'm asking these questions is because I'm trying to make my own Synopsis for myself to read. :)

Swampert used Mud Shot on Corphish
I'm pretty sure Arcanine used Flame Thrower and Fire Blast on Swellow
Swampert was using Water Pulse when its tail was glowing

i refuse to do anything phonetically >.>

correct me if i'm wrong d('-'*)

Addydo
5th December 2005, 7:09 PM
Swampert used Mud Shot on Corphish
I'm pretty sure Arcanine used Flame Thrower and Fire Blast on Swellow
Swampert was using Water Pulse when its tail was glowing

i refuse to do anything phonetically >.>

correct me if i'm wrong d('-'*)

Thanks Pokeballs!!! :D
What happens in page 10, cause I'm a bit confused? :confused:

John's Knight
13th December 2005, 5:21 PM
Wow, this Episode was great, although i have only seen the pictures *sighs* What was the attack used by Swampert when its tail began shining?

EDIT - already know the answer *water pulse*

Pokemon Fan
13th December 2005, 8:44 PM
For a change of pace, how did the Water Pulse attack work/act?

In the past it has always been a sphere of water but in this episode it looked very complicated and different.

Blaziken master
14th December 2005, 2:25 PM
It trapped corphish and swellow in a twister

The Great Butler
6th March 2006, 12:57 AM
I'm looking forward to this episode when it gets its US airing. Seems like for all the faults one could have with the show, it worked right for at least this one episode.

My one thought: Should've been a 2 or 3 episode mini-tournament, topping off with the Tucker battle. I can't imagine a huge facility like the Battle Dome being built only for Tucker's battles.

Sceptile Warrior
6th March 2006, 1:58 AM
I thought that after this episode ash would teach Corphish water pulse

Dark Cacturne
10th March 2006, 8:48 PM
Tucker's Arcanine is really cool, I saw this episode by downloading it, and I must say: Arcanine's Fire Blast is really impressive...

Ashy Boy
31st May 2006, 8:01 AM
What about Team Rocket? What were they scheming this time?

The Great Butler
1st June 2006, 10:18 PM
What about Team Rocket? What were they scheming this time?

Nothing. I've seen it, all they did was brush Tucker's hair and then distribute snacks during the match.

Ashy Boy
2nd June 2006, 4:13 PM
OK, but what were they saying throughout the episode?

Dark Cacturne
3rd June 2006, 8:40 PM
while they were serving the costumers, they watched the battle too (Which was Awesome!) and they were very impressed with Tucker's tactics! Meowth than said funny: We love tactics too, but we always get blast away :)

WaterDragon trainer
30th September 2006, 2:55 PM
Again, just saw this in the US. This episode was awesome. Ash and Tucker's intro to the stage was cool. Swellow's also got a terrible new voice. It was cool to see Fire Blast shot like that. Water Pulse looked awesome, although at first I thought Swampert was gonna use Muddy Water. I really can't wait to see that attack in the anime. The battle was amazing.

TheBuddyBud
30th September 2006, 2:58 PM
wow, i just saw this episode a couple seconds ago

corphish's new voice is horrifying, maybe even worse than ash

and swellow and corphish were hit directly by super powerful attacks, but swampert and arcanine were defeated by 1 super weak aerial ace and crabhammer

did i mention they were only hit once?

DreamChasing Windie
30th September 2006, 2:59 PM
Oh, my! I liked the Japanese version better, but it was fabulous! PUSA is doing a good job, if you know what I mean... better than stereotypical 4Kids.

Munchlax66
30th September 2006, 3:00 PM
The Japanese version>the dubbed version

Tucker had a better voice and the battle seemed more exciting in the original. I mean in the dub, everything felt boring and uninspiring, rather than epic and full of flair.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
30th September 2006, 3:01 PM
Tucker's voice was actually really cool. I dunno if it fit him, per se, but it sounded excellent.

On the other hand, Swellow's voice was pretty bad =/ Corphish's voice wasn't bad, but it was bloody strange after getting so used to its old voice.

Superb animation, yes, but even this team was a little off here and there. Swampert's head looked horrendously overlarge in one scene in the latter half of the episode. It was using Water Gun, iirc, and its head was noticeably huge.

A good episode, though. Team Rocket didn't interfere, which is a welcome change. It sort of flew by, actually, but I guess the battle was just so highly-charged that I didn't notice the time passing.

?*V Tsun*?
The 8th Champion

Mandi.
30th September 2006, 3:34 PM
Haha Tucker's voice was pretty cool, though I've always imagine it would sound a bit like Harley's. xD But it's good anyways.

I loved how they did Ash's and Tucker's intro.
And the part where Ash is like "Who's Tucker?" *People turn blue and are shocked*
Ash: What? Did I say something dumb?
And the part when May and Max imagine Norman in Tucker's outfit. That was funny xD

But yeah, this was a really great episode. <3 I loved it.

C.J. Ray
30th September 2006, 3:35 PM
Swellow's also got a terrible new voice.

Well, it was off, but it didn't sound too different from its hoarse crow-call from AG. I dunno, the sound of all that music pumping in the background drowned it out. :(

Also, did anyone see how they showed off all those places Ash battled in, including the Whirl Cup? Wow, the writers went overboard glorifying Ash in this episode. The press conference reminded me of "Air Time!" - seems Ash has lost the nervousness of being in front of a mic. :D

This was an awesome episode, and I loved how they kept everything intact. Tucker loves to entertain, and they kept the whole arena battle two-on-two thing from the Emerald game. That's great considering how they screwed up the last two Brains. (Not that I hated them, just that they wasted potential by not using the game's rules there and giving Greta cliche fighting Pokemon.)

Samayowa
30th September 2006, 3:37 PM
This was my favorite episode ever!
Though, that could have something to do with Tukcer being my favorite character ever.

Ash actually had a AWESOME battle, not just an OK one for once.
I LOVE Tucker's battle style, and is cocky attitude. :)

Darkness Angel
30th September 2006, 5:46 PM
This indeed was an awsome battle to bad there ins't anymore like it that I know of.

S.Suikun
30th September 2006, 6:28 PM
If you hate this battle, you hate all of Pokemon.

I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Medea
30th September 2006, 9:59 PM
Neato, frito, bandito!

Okay sorry for that, this was the only episode from this morning that I got a chance to see (so I'll have to wait to see the other one).

Anyways, pretty good episode. I saw the Japanese version a couple of months ago and of course I had to see this episode in English for a couple of reasons. One of those reasons was of course hearing Tucker's voice. I really don't know what I was expecting for his voice, but who cares, I like his voice and I guess it can fit with what I've been doing for the past year.

As for the battle itself, next to Anabel's, Tucker's battle was pretty exciting. And I've never been a fan of Ash's gym/battle frontier battles.

Those poor girls in the audience, they're going to cry when they find out that Tucker is really gay and marries a coordinator named Harley :p

Leon Phelps
30th September 2006, 10:49 PM
The battle was great in this episode, but it felt a little rushed at the end with the deus ex machina Aerial Ace and Crabhammer. They could have stretched this battle out some more but I know how they like to squeeze everything into one episode and halfass the end of the battle.

Remember Golden Swellow?

Mimori Kiryu
1st October 2006, 3:36 AM
This was a great battle episode. One of the best, considering that it actually had some type of tactics in it!~ Awesome.

ShinyManafi
1st October 2006, 3:50 AM
I think Tucker's voice actually fit, and the attacks from Swampert and Arcanine were pretty cool
They're going throught these Frontier brains battles fast

Akane
1st October 2006, 3:57 AM
This episode totally rocked! I really love the tactics that Ash and Tucker used. And I loved Tucker's voice! It suited him so well. ^^ And I liked the part where Ash and Tucker had thier entrances. That was totally cool. ^^

CM
1st October 2006, 6:40 AM
This is my favorite battle from all of Pokémon. Everything is just handled perfectly. Good attacks, strategies, didn't turn into a slideshow of both of them yelling the same attacks 20 times over, and had great art throughout the entire episode. The ending was a bit rushed, but it really didn't hurt it that much.

I hope more battles are like this in the future.

Pika Hikari KT
1st October 2006, 6:42 AM
This isn't really on par with some other awesome matches(coughcoughcharizardvsmagmarcoughcough), but this is still a great battle. Look at all the awesome animation~!*_*

Tucker...his voice really stood out! It kept on a constant 'lone person in the empty gymnasium' echo, part of the reason of it being really good(I'd hate to say this, but think Undertaker.:p). PUSA has nailed it with two brains in a row--can they go for the full six?:D

This deserves a solid 9/10.

darza77
1st October 2006, 8:32 PM
Good battle but ash should have lost swellow and corphish sounded horrible and ash hasnt improved at all its been six episodes and he still sounds terrible.

Mythic Mist
2nd October 2006, 12:56 AM
:( The dub version was so bland. Part of what made the Japanese version so awesome was all the suspenseful music. Yet nearly all of it was replaced. I also remember Tucker's entrance being far more exciting. But oh well. It was decent.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd October 2006, 12:58 AM
Yami Yugi + Harley + Yusuke + Pegasus = Tucker.

Samayowa
2nd October 2006, 2:19 AM
Yami Yugi + Harley + Yusuke + Pegasus = Tucker.
My thoughts exactly. ^_^

Geodude
2nd October 2006, 2:54 AM
but swampert and arcanine were defeated by 1 super weak aerial ace and crabhammer

did i mention they were only hit once?
Quit exaggerating. Seriously. All you're doing with that is being annoying. Did you close your eyes and plug your ears at the point where Ash tricked Arcanine and Swampert into attacking each other, or what?

and ash hasnt improved at all its been six episodes and he still sounds terrible.
Different does not equal terrible. And this is not the place to talk about voices.

Pichumaster
2nd October 2006, 10:12 PM
Did anyone else notice that when the episode started and they showed a group of trainers and their pokemon, there was a blue Breloom?O_o

Cobalt_Latios
2nd October 2006, 10:33 PM
Did anyone else notice that when the episode started and they showed a group of trainers and their pokemon, there was a blue Breloom?O_o
Yeah, but that was the episode Weekend Warrior, not Tactics Theatrics.

I actually thought this was a decently done episode. Though it felt like a repeat of Wheel of Frontier. The double battle was a nice touch. I like how Ash was able to pick up on Tucker's strategy then use it against him. I was expecting Grovyle for this battle, since he could then seriously beat up Swampert. Though i see how he would have the advantage using Swellow. Just odd though.

One of the coolest touches was Ash's intro, showing all of his achievements(mentioning his win at the Orange Island League, then telling of his other feats), and also the press conference. Did anyone else notice what one of the journalists actually said: "What do you think of reporters who ask a lot of questions?" Isnt that the scenario with these things. Not only that, but the primary new reporters looked an awful lot like Gabby and TY(though i dont think it's true). Also, When Max cautioned Ash about the interview, what did Ash do next? Partly made himself look a little dumb.

Overall, a great Battle episode. I have noticed that for some odd reason, there was only three filler episodes required between the Battle Arena and the Battle Dome. Between the Battle Factory and the Battle Arena i think it was a good 8 episodes between them. Then there will be four other filler episodes between the Battle Dome and the Battle Pike. Odd way of doing things.

~C_L~

Geodude
2nd October 2006, 10:46 PM
Obviously, Ash chose not to use Grovyle because of the presence of Arcanine.

CyberCubed
3rd October 2006, 3:51 AM
I feel he should have used Kingler instead of Corphish in this ep.

Poor Kingler never got a battle this saga. :/

Ashy Boy
3rd October 2006, 5:51 PM
What did Swellow's new voice sounded like?

CyberCubed
3rd October 2006, 6:31 PM
More or less the same.

FullMasta
3rd October 2006, 11:18 PM
I feel he should have used Kingler instead of Corphish in this ep.

Poor Kingler never got a battle this saga. :/

I guess because Ash already had a crab/water pokemon. Same reason why Totodile, Noctowl and Bayleef aren't used at all in BF.

wobbanut
5th October 2006, 4:48 AM
I really enjoyed this episode, as compared to the dragonair episode. It was very entertaining from beginning to end, and the fight was awesome. My two cents:

-- Nothing bad from Team Rocket. Gotta love it. :)
-- They actually mention Ash's win in the Orange Islands. They rarely seem to mention it, they seem to only mention his losses in Kanto and Johto.
-- Best line: "Did I just say something a little dumb?" LOL
-- Best exchange: Scott: "Tucker's the star, and you're a supporting actor." Ash (horrified): "ACTOR?!?" :D
-- The scene with May imagining Norman wearing Tucker's costume was definitely hilarious.
-- I loved the fans' reactions to everything Tucker did.
-- AWESOME fight. It was tough, exciting, and unpredictable, just the way I like it.

Overall, 10/10. I'd be looking more forward to next week if I wasn't suffering from Ranger overload thanks to the captioning thread.

Venusaur Master
5th October 2006, 8:20 AM
did you notice the way that Tucker's Swampert had advanced techniqes.
Like mud shot was previously like sludge bomb except brown but now is a bright blue colour. Water pulse used to be a ball of water that would hit the opponent unleashing a wave of water, now it is like rain dance except with more power
Great episode.

Pokemon Fan
5th October 2006, 4:11 PM
did you notice the way that Tucker's Swampert had advanced techniqes.
Like mud shot was previously like sludge bomb except brown but now is a bright blue colour.
That wasn't a special look for his Swampert but one of the many "makeovers" to attacks that occur through the series. All Mud Shots will from now on look like this, unless they decide to change them again. Honestly I'm okay with most of the makeovers but this one is a bit hard to take simply because there is nothing muddy about blues spheres of energy, and it is a Ground type attack after all...

Water pulse used to be a ball of water that would hit the opponent unleashing a wave of water, now it is like rain dance except with more power
Great episode.
Now that was a special use of Water Pulse. Since any Water Pulse simply collects moisture in the air into a sphere of energy, Tucker had trained his Swampert to the point that it could manipulate how the water was collected from the air and in turn manipulate the shape it took. Other pokemon that have shown the ability to alter the shape of water include Ash's Totodile (albeit that was not water collected from the air but its own internal supply).

Its also similar to how May's Combusken manipulates its Fire Spin to forms that look very different from regular Fire Spins, i.e balls of fire, swirling mid-air vortexes.

Nathan Madien
5th October 2006, 4:20 PM
I thought this was a great episode, having Ash battle a guy who girls would throw certain articles of clothing at if they could. The Frontier Brains are tough in the games and I'm glad the anime is reflecting that. My favorite scene was the press conference and I loved how Ash's intro recapped his entire career as a Pokemon trainer. Seldom do we get continuity in the dub.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
5th October 2006, 4:35 PM
I Thought it was a amazing episode and a good battle

Knight_Ram
8th October 2006, 6:09 AM
And Ash wins by another fluke! Oh well... anything to please the children right? Lol IMO I wanted Ash to lose since he had much more weaker pokemon and they werent as skilled as Tuckers pokemon. But everything was pretty good like Ash's introduction and Tuckers with the flashing lights and the poofy smoke everywhere. Great episode and great battle! Nice animation used in this episode. I loved it. I give it a 8.5/10!

Anyone 4 Buttons?
16th October 2006, 2:09 PM
I enjoyed that episode quite a bit actually. If I was in Ash's position, and I had the opportunity to call upon any of my own, I would have used Bayleef and Kingler or Phanpy.

I loved how Ash's intro recapped his entire career as a Pokemon trainer. Seldom do we get continuity in the dub.
Me too. Especially seeing all the arena quickly aswell.

Rashdan
20th October 2006, 7:27 PM
I'd say it was a good episode, very exciting, and kept me on my toes XD. And those who say Aerial Ace is weak, it's actually described as an extremely fast and powerful attack.

The Power of Pika
20th October 2006, 11:29 PM
I'd say it was a good episode, very exciting, and kept me on my toes XD. And those who say Aerial Ace is weak, it's actually described as an extremely fast and powerful attack.

True and my Scizor in my Emerald version has it and it's anything but weak.:)

I haven't had my review on the episode yet so I might do it while I'm here. I loved it and it kept me on my seat the whole time during the battle. The animation during the battle was really nice aswell and this is coming from someone who's been studying animation. It worked very well.

I like the voices in it, they're working for me very well. So I'm satisfied with it and ejoyed it a lot.

10/10

Opal Pikachu13
3rd January 2007, 1:57 PM
The battle was great in this episode, but it felt a little rushed at the end with the deus ex machina Aerial Ace and Crabhammer. They could have stretched this battle out some more but I know how they like to squeeze everything into one episode and halfass the end of the battle.

Remember Golden Swellow?

To, me I thought Ash should have lost this one, I didn't believe that his Corphish and Swellow could survive being almost totaled in a Fire and Water vortex. It was kind of cheap that a Crabhammer and an Aerial Ace can take down an Arcanine and a Swampert. The battle was alright, but it did feel rushed with the Aerial Ace and the Crabhammer. Yeah, it was cheaper as the Golden Pikachu and Swellow Thunder Armor was. The whole battle besides that part was good. I'd give this episode a 7.5/10.

Caseydia
8th January 2007, 9:47 PM
Love this episode. This battle was the hottest I've ever seen. My heart kept on pounding cause of how fast everthing was going and was hoping none of Ash's pokemon would lose. And I don't like the fact that everyone doesn't think that Ash isn't experienced than Tucker. Even though Ash as less leveled pokemon doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use them to win.

Cobalt_Latios
12th January 2007, 5:02 AM
I just recently rewatched it on my computer, and i realized something. Brock says that Arcanine can use Protect. that is infact wrong. Swampert is the one who used Protect. Not too sure what happened there.

~C_L~

Amaranth
10th February 2007, 5:02 PM
Great Ep Im Now A Tucker Lover God He's Smexy >_< Swelows Voice Seemed Better Corp Has A Cold ._. And Ash Has Balls YAY

~ James

flyboy1308
10th February 2007, 6:10 PM
I loved it! Swellow's Quik attack+Double Team to outrun Extremespeed,
Maybe Ash got smarter for half an episode. ;-)

Knight_Ram
11th February 2007, 4:02 AM
He never really got smart, he fluked out the whole battle. Tucker deserved to win that hands down.

scizor08
11th February 2007, 6:00 AM
where can you watch this episode online?

DarkLucairo
25th March 2007, 1:52 PM
on youtube. I loved that battle. Amazing how ash won like that. (i saw it on youtube)

Voltrex
29th March 2007, 9:23 PM
Ya know i think Noland and Tucker were the only brains that didnt take down atleast one of Ash's pokemon... wow they sure do SUCK.

Wobuffet fan
9th November 2007, 4:06 AM
I must say the battle was excellent, animation was superb. I liked the fact that even though Tucker had a slightly homosexual shirt on, they didn't try to make his voice sound gay. I liked how Team Rocket was being sucessful while not interrupting. I will admit that the Ash's victory was well deserved but a bit too... cheap in my taste. However it was a really good battle, and I hope the Battle Pike is just as good.

Knight_Ram
17th December 2007, 7:43 AM
Ya know i think Noland and Tucker were the only brains that didnt take down atleast one of Ash's pokemon... wow they sure do SUCK.
They were the ones who gave Ash a descent battle and had there own style to it aswell.

Noland had a Legendary.

Tucker was a double battle master.

The battle between Ash and Noland was a good match and Ash deserved to win. But in the double battle, I think Ash should have had to do a rematch. It would have made this little segment a little more intersting.

Red Jr.
11th November 2008, 10:25 PM
Omg... if only the writers made Hydro Cannon look like Swampert's Water Pulse in the anime.

Torpoleon
15th November 2008, 2:12 AM
I just love the water/fire mixture!

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 8:03 PM
Ash at a press conference... XD That was pretty funny, especially the goofy smile on his face.

Oh man, Tucker made me laugh XD It's obvious to me he's in the same team as Harley... *shot* I loved all the dramatic entrances! And the ref's floaty cage thing was awesome.

Arcanine and Swampert worked really well together. Great combos... and that last bit in the fog was awesome ^^ And no Team Rocket attack, oh thank god! Great episode! Love it!

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 4:51 PM
This was a great battle. One of the best of the Frontiers. I'm glad he didn't use Pikachu. Yippee.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:43 PM
the battlefrontier battles (ahem) are often fun to watch, i would watch them again if i could^^

anyway it was a nice episode, 9/10.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 10:08 PM
Its a great episode, double battles are always great

flameswy
10th March 2009, 10:12 PM
i thought it was pretty bad, the way he kept referring to his pokemon, drove me nuts and had my brothers giggling the whole tim... :P

the1stpkmnfan
16th March 2009, 3:18 PM
It was really cool that Tucker made his debut, and the Battle Dome was probably my favorite. :) But man, that audience was so loud, I had to hold my ears.

Blue Snover
20th April 2009, 11:04 AM
The fire and water combo was a nice strategy, i didn't think it would work too well but it did.

I think Swellow was an odd choice though.

temgun
17th June 2009, 3:14 PM
My two favourites Arcanine AND Swampert in the same episode, YAY! Okay, this ep was good, I liked it. Though one thing bothered me a lot. Ash's pokemon were hit a lot and still they weren't hurt at all. Then again they defeated Arcanine and Swampert with just 2 hits (if I recall). Swellow and Corpfish are not that durable or strong compared to Swampert or Arcanine, it would be much more believeable if it would have been Swellow and Crawdaunt.

Splitzman
25th June 2009, 12:43 AM
Pretty good episode overall. Using Water Pulse the way Swampert was a nice change of pace from the normal method. Also, the interview and the entire room just becoming depressed because of Ash's commentary, priceless. The battle also was pretty good.

glowing_light010
7th July 2009, 10:12 PM
The Swampert & Arcanine combination was epic, IMO ^_^ i also loved see corphish & swellow work together. I've always loved water/fire combos :] they're always so beautiful. So, this was a GREAT episode, wayy better than the Greta episode, IMO.

Surfer_Dude
24th October 2009, 1:40 AM
Good battle. I liked Arcanine hidding behind swampert while he used protect.
Altough Arcanine's voice was kinda irritating... -_-

Lorde
2nd December 2009, 4:04 AM
One of the most exciting Frontier battles. Though I was shocked to see Ash use his weakest Pokemon (Swellow and Corphish) against Tucker's Swampert and Arcanine.

It was too easy for Ash. I liked Tucker's dub voice.

8/10

Ash-kid
2nd December 2009, 10:12 AM
Great double battle.
Swampert and Arcanine were cool, it was great to see them fighting together.
And Ash's tactic was amazing.

Swampert_trainer
20th December 2009, 6:26 PM
I always enjoyed double battles. The fact that this episode had Swampert in it made it 10 times better! I loved the variety of moves Tucker's Pokemon used.

Willow's Tara
20th May 2010, 5:29 AM
Pretty good battle, I liked the Arcanine and Swampert and Tucker wasn't too bad. Those reporters are a bit silly, they can't expect everyone to know who Tucker was (Scott could have told him earlier though)

TehGr81
3rd July 2010, 3:53 PM
One of Ash's best Frontier Brain battles. It was funny how all the reporters went blue when Ash asked who Tucker was, and Max disagreeing with May when she said Norman should follow after Tucker. As for the battle, I was impressed by how well Swampert and Arcanine worked together.

9/10

raz1337
2nd November 2010, 12:50 AM
I was reading reviews on Bulbapedia and someone said they mentioned the whirlpool cup and the 3 leagues in japanese, but the orange league and the 3 leagues in the dub. That's lame, especially considering in the episode, they showed the screen with:

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/430/AG62.jpg

Which was the whirl cup in Johto:

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/217/0188.jpg

They apparently didn't pay attention to that on the screen when they made the dub.

Painkiller2001
26th November 2010, 10:01 PM
Can anyone say the exact moves Arcanine and Swampert used?

;134;89

Arcanine:
1.) Extremespeed
2.) Flame Thrower
3.) Fire Blast
4.) Aerial Ace

Swampert:
1.) Water Pulse
2.) Water Gun
3.) Dynamic Punch
4.) ???????

Though I have to say, those fangirls started to annoy me after a while ^^;

Me too!

Has Scott ever explained why he's always managed to show up just when Ash is about to enter a Facility? It seems too much of a coincidence to me.

He's either stalking Ash...or possibly May.

Or Max...
Or Brock...

I just saw the episode and it was nice. I really liked the seventh movie music playing. Swampert is just awsome. He looks just so flexible and long! Overall one nice episode.

It was so Ash could switch from Pokemon that he already has with ones he's "Oaked".

Better yet, what were all the attacks that Arcanine, Swampert, Corphish, and Swellow used in this episode!? :)

I'll say this again, I have time.
Arcanine:
1.) Extreme Speed
2.) Flame Thrower
3.) Fire Blast
4.) Aerial Ace

Swampert:
1.) Water Gun
2.) Water Pulse
3.) Dynamic Punch

Swellow:
1.) Quick Attack
2.) Aerial Ace
3.) Double Team

Corphish:
1.) Bubble Beam
2.) Crabhammer
3.) Vice Grip(?)

--

I though Ash was going to lose this battle the first time, for sure. But Swellow and Corphish kept getting up!

Arcanine's voice sounded exactly like Gabite's voice in "Another One Gabite's the Dust!" (And probably any other future episode we see a Gabite in) Did any one else notice that?

A question: Why was Bubble Beam (primarily) orange?

raz1337
27th November 2010, 1:36 PM
Swampert:
1.) Water Pulse
2.) Water Gun
3.) Dynamic Punch
4.) ???????

A question: Why was Bubble Beam (primarily) orange?

In response to Swampert's moves, it's harder to catch Swampert's 4th attack, because it's not called directly, but as part of a command. Tucker yells out, "Swampert, protect Arcanine!" and then you see Swampert's protect shield surrounding him and Arcanine. Also, it's hard to miss it because that same exact scene is 9 seconds into the Battle Frontier opening along with Corphish's orange bubble beam. :)

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 10:09 AM
Amazing double battle! Tucker's combination was epic but Ash countered him brilliantly

kemal07
6th January 2011, 6:42 PM
I've been rewatching Pokemon and the Movie's in order, started all the way from Episode one. I just finished watching this episode and there's 3 things I wan't to say:

1)- I never noticed when I first watched this episode a few years back and omg I didn't realise how awesome Ash and Dome Ace Tuckers battle was. Now that I watched it again it's guaranteed to be one of Ash's best Frontier Brain battles.

2)- Dome Ace Tucker, The only times I saw this episode was a few years back and just now and for some reason my memory stored Tucker's character a bit girly quite similar to Harley, I always thought he was like Harley till I watched the episode for the second time today! Now I know why he's referred to as Superstar almost like the Superhero look.

3)- I see a strong resemblance to Hall Matron Argenta, aww how I wished the Sinnoh/Johto Frontier Brains would appear in the Anime.

G50
26th April 2011, 2:56 AM
This episode was cool. Corphish and Swellow vs Swampert and Arcanine was a really entertaining battle. It definitely looked like a Mis-Match from the beginning. The strategy used on Ash's Pokemon was good and very tough to overcome. Ash countered that with a different tactic than usual to finally take them down. The Water+Fire combo was really cool to see. I'm glad Ash won the Tactic Symbol. Ash's comments in the beginning were hilarious, especially during the interview.

89/100

Aquarelle
14th September 2011, 12:20 PM
I watched this episode just to get the chance to see Norman in a Tucker costume.
I wasn't disappointed.

Tucker was good, too.

HatersGonnaHate
27th January 2012, 7:41 PM
I think Swellow was an odd choice though.

Okay really? I think Swellow has proven that it's strong and that it can battle, but little prejudice jerks like you think bird pokemon can't be strong battlers. Get over yourself!

Caseydia
26th February 2012, 1:10 AM
Okay really? I think Swellow has proven that it's strong and that it can battle, but little prejudice jerks like you think bird pokemon can't be strong battlers. Get over yourself!

Huh? Birds are great battlers. It's just that it seems that the writers don't like Ash's bird Pokemon in this season.

Vernikova
6th September 2012, 7:17 PM
Swampert and Arcanine went down rather easily. The battle was well animated though so it has that going for it as well.

The Power of Pika
4th May 2013, 3:24 AM
Tactics theatrics.
I rewatched this today.

I like how they recognise Ash's achievements.

I thought it was funny when May mentions about her Dad learning a thing or 2 from Tucker and then the imagination of that outfit on him.
Max is like: "I don't think we should even go there" I always laugh at that.XD

I personally really like Tucker. He's actually pretty cool.imo
I also love his team. Swampert and Arcanine are 2 of my favourite Pokemon. He's my favourite frontier brain in this series.^-^

I really like this episode because it's one of my favourite battles in the series.

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 2:03 PM
Great episode.

Sarah's Ash was actually pretty good in this one. Yeah, I know, no emotion, but at least it resembled Taylor somewhat for what it's worth.

Bill Rogers was simply brilliant as Tucker. It's probably my favorite role that he's done on Pokémon, too. He was also really good as Brock, too.

Not even going to start on why I HATED Kayzie's Max and Michele's May. Simply terrible in this one.

Max: I'm an old lady. You can tell I am. So cool!
May: Oh, I'll totally grab and tear off your pants, and do whatever you want me to do *giggles*. You ready, big boy? (Her mouth proceeds to get closer and closer...AAAHHH! What am I saying?).

Seriously, are they even TRYING to do a good job in this one? -_-

Scott sounded better than usual, and reminded me more of Frank Frankson. Yet, he gives off that creepy paedophilic tone moreso than Frank ever did. :/

Team Rocket sounds awesome though. Very similar to the 4Kids version, IMO.

Ash: "I guess the best defense is a strong offense...yeah" (The apathy in which this line was delivered definitely is notable)
Scott: "Remember at the press conference when Ash said the best offense is a good defense"

Way to go, TPCi. Showing us right off the bat you are indeed no different from 4Kids with stuff like this.

What was that about TPCi being so much better than 4Kids with accuracy? Uh-huh, right. Go back to your anti-4Kids fantasy land, haters.

Despite how bad May and Max sounded, everyone else's work overshadowed their poor performances, so it came out a good episode for the dub to me.

Dub: 85/100

Dawn+Serena Fan
27th June 2013, 8:13 PM
Great episode. I loved how they mentioned Ash's accomplishments and there is actually continuity in the series, Though BW seems to have flushed all that down the toilet XD
I loved the battle, it was epic and my type of battle. Also the water and fire fusion was awesome!

p96822
29th June 2013, 6:18 AM
Swellow shows how awesome flying Pokemon are!

PokemontrainerY
8th July 2013, 12:17 PM
Great episode ! I loved that they actually mentioned Ash's accomplishments in this episode. Ash's Swellow & Corphish vs. Turker's Swampert & Arcanine battle was awsome. This battle is one of Ash's best frontier battles in my opinion.