PDA

View Full Version : My FIXED team (movesets!)

Diljabar
25th November 2005, 4:06 AM
;254; Sceptile (Lvl 99)/ ;003; Venusaur (Lvl 92), ;384; Rayquaza (Lvl 76)/ ;018; Pidgeot (Lvl 41), ;144; Articuno (Lvl 50), ;146; Moltres (Lvl 50), ;380; Latias (Lvl 40), egg/Pokémon with Exp. Share

Emerald

Sceptile, Venusaur: my starter
Rayquaza, Pidgeot: Fly
Articuno, Moltres, Latias: Battle Frontier
Sometime I swap out Articuno, Moltres, and/or Latias for a Pokémon with Cut/Surf/Waterfall/Strength/Rock Smash/Dive/Flash

Sceptile: Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Double-Edge, False Swipe
Venusaur: Frenzy Plant, Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Bullet Seed
Rayquaza: Fly, Extremespeed, Dragon Claw, Hyper Beam
Pidgeot: Fly, Wing Attack, Featherdance, Quick Attack
Articuno: Blizzard, Agility, Ice Beam, Mind Reader
Moltres: Overheat, Endure, Agility, Flamethrower
Latias: Thunder, Mist Ball, Psychic, Refresh

And yet, I only ever battle Pike Queen Lucy (but I'm 7 wins away from battling Factory Head Noland...)

deoxys_attack_mode
25th November 2005, 4:20 AM
*runs to a corner and vomits* those movesets are REALLY bad.

Venusaur:Frenzy Plant(If you must. If not, use Razor Leaf.), Sludge Bomb, Body Slam, HP Electric

Sceptile: Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, HP Ice, Crunch

Articuno: Mind Reader, Sheer Cold, Ice Beam, HP Flying

Latias: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Recover, Refresh

Moltres: HP Flying, Overheat/Fire Blast/Heat Wave/Flamethrower, Endure, Agility

Rayquaza: Dragon Claw, Extremespeed, HP Flying, Earthquake

Pidgeot: HP Flying, Faint Attack, Featherdance, Quick Attack

Just suggestions, but PLEASE lay off of the Hyper Beam-like attacks.

Obiwan Shinobi
25th November 2005, 5:19 AM
hypr beam sucks, as does ohko.

Articuno: Heal Bell / Rest / Sleep Talk / Ice beam
Venusaur; Sludge Bomb / Sleep Power / Leech Seed/ Synthesis
Sceptile: Leech Seed / Sub / Leaf Blade / Thunderpunch
Latias: Calm Mind / Dragon Claw / Safegaurd / Recover
Moltres: Sunny Day, Flamethorwer / Hidden Power [Grass] / Toxic
Pidgeot: Aerial Ace / Return / Steel Wing / Quick Attack

S:C
25th November 2005, 6:28 AM
DON'T USE SMILIES TO REPRESENT POKEMON. IT ATTACKS OUR SANITY.

I had to get that out.

Sceptile: Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Double-Edge, False Swipe

Wow does that set suck.

Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
HP Ice
Brick Break

Normally the last slot would be Focus Punch, but prediction doesn't work well in BF.

Venusaur: Frenzy Plant, Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Bullet Seed

You need a revamp.

Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
HP Fire
Sleep Powder

It will work well against Lucy.

Rayquaza: Fly, Extremespeed, Dragon Claw, Hyper Beam

That just scared me.

Dragon Dance
HP Flying
Earthquake
Rock Slide

It's a nice copy of DDmence.

Pidgeot: Fly, Wing Attack, Featherdance, Quick Attack

You lack a set here. That's why we RMTers are here to help.

HP Flying
Return
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

QA will actually come in handy in a handful of situations.

Articuno: Blizzard, Agility, Ice Beam, Mind Reader

Meh, Articuno has no real set anyways.

Moltres: Overheat, Endure, Agility, Flamethrower

What's with both Overheat and Flamethrower on the same set?

Sunny Day
Flamethrower
HP Electric
Agility

Moltres is a good Sunny Dayer.

Latias: Thunder, Mist Ball, Psychic, Refresh

"We need the cleanup crew in Aisle 9..."

Safeguard
Calm Mind
Dragon Claw
Thunderbolt

It's not that hard.

And yet, I only ever battle Pike Queen Lucy (but I'm 7 wins away from battling Factory Head Noland...)
Comments are in bold.

Samayowa
25th November 2005, 7:19 PM
There are too many flying types in there...you should have a more balanced type range on your team....my seggestion is get some Electric types...Water(or ice)...Fire... I know you have those but without the flying type in them....

Diamond and Pearl

chaos952
25th November 2005, 8:47 PM
;254; Sceptile (Lvl 99)/ ;003; Venusaur (Lvl 92), ;384; Rayquaza (Lvl 76)/ ;018; Pidgeot (Lvl 41), ;144; Articuno (Lvl 50), ;146; Moltres (Lvl 50), ;380; Latias (Lvl 40), egg/Pokémon with Exp. Share

Emerald

Sceptile, Venusaur: my starter
Rayquaza, Pidgeot: Fly
Articuno, Moltres, Latias: Battle Frontier
Sometime I swap out Articuno, Moltres, and/or Latias for a Pokémon with Cut/Surf/Waterfall/Strength/Rock Smash/Dive/Flash

Sceptile: Leech Seed, Leaf Blade, Substitute, Thunderpunch
Venusaur: Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Synthesis
Rayquaza: Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Pidgeot: Return, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Quick Attack
Articuno: Rest, Substitute, Ice Beam, Reflect
Moltres: Sunny Day, Substitute, Toxic, Flamethrower
Latias: Calm Mind, Dragon Claw, Thunderbolt, Recover

You didn't list natures or held items... Starmie > your team.

Just suggestions, but PLEASE lay off of the Hyper Beam-like attacks.

LOL. Hypocrite.

Ridley-X4
25th November 2005, 9:09 PM
Y HALO THAR BOLTBEAM!!!

Really, any poke with a Boltbeam of any sort kills this team. My Alakazam > This team.

Diljabar
5th December 2005, 11:33 PM
Well I got Sceptile and Venusaur up to Level 100 but did not change their movesets. Oh well they kick ***** anyway. Articuno accidently grew (is that possible?) to Lvl. 51, eliminating it from my team. (BTW I don't want to wait 4 Sheer Cold and its probability is too low for the BF anyway) Moltres is alright and the reason it has both Overheat and Flamethrower is 2-fold:

1. Moltres has Fire Spin when you catch it. What a pathetic move! I saved Overheat to replace that so I have 2 powerful attacks from Moltres! A 1-2 punch if you ask me!

2. When you NEED the extra power for 1 shot that HAS TO COUNT, Overheat does the trick (i.e. a Milotic with just a few more HPs than Flamethrower can take off– I found that out the hard way >_<)

Thanks for the advice, but the Elemental Hyper Beams are unique to the 3rd gen. games and I wanted to see them in action!

On the bright side, you may have noticed that I actually did manage to defeat Lucy. After losing Articuno I trained my Swampert up to Lvl. 50 and, with only 89 EXP. left before Lvl. 51, I took it to the Battle Frontier. Before you go critiquing its moves, note that Muddy Water took care of Shuckle, and a critical Earthquake move knocked out Milotic, giving me the victory!!!! (Seviper is a pushover:))

;260; Swampert: Muddy Water, Earthquake (TM), Dive, Mud Shot

Yeah, Mud Shot's whimpy, but I'm waiting for a better move. Any suggestions? (Peferably a Ground-type move to match)

I lost a chance at Noland with only 2 wins to go but I am currently on the brink of a 3rd run-through at the Pyramid and a shot a Pyramid King Brandon with the same team (Swampert, Moltres, and Latias). Wish me luck!

Carpetted!
5th December 2005, 11:38 PM
2. When you NEED the extra power for 1 shot that HAS TO COUNT, Overheat does the trick (i.e. a Milotic with just a few more HPs than Flamethrower can take off– I found that out the hard way >_<)
What if you need it for more than 1 shot? Or are short on options because you wasted 2 move slots on 2 same-type moves? Your logic fails.

Thanks for the advice, but the Elemental Hyper Beams are unique to the 3rd gen. games and I wanted to see them in action!

Oh! That's okay then! Use them once, gasp in awe, then replace them. :/

and a critical Earthquake move knocked out Milotic, giving me the victory!!!!
HAX! HAX!

Yeah, Mud Shot's whimpy, but I'm waiting for a better move. Any suggestions? (Peferably a Ground-type move to match)

Ice beam. Surf over dive, curse over muddy water.

Diljabar
5th December 2005, 11:49 PM
Swampert originally had Surf and Muddy Water. Both have the same power and only differ in accuracy. Besides, I have 4 Pokémon with Surf already. 5 is just overkill and only Swampert learns Muddy Water.

Moltres starts with Flamethrower. It was already there– I just left it!

I have never seen Razor Leaf knock out Mewtwo in 1 hit like Frenzy Plant. Nyah.

Ice beam. To replace Mud Shot? When did Ice Beam ever knock out a Lvl. 50 Seviper in 1 shot?
Curse over muddy water. WTF? I am an attack person! I can't leave myself open for 1 round! Besides, my Swampert has pathetic speed thanks to its nature– I can't risk it!

Carpetted!
5th December 2005, 11:53 PM
Swampert originally had Surf and Muddy Water. Both have the same power and only differ in accuracy. Besides, I have 4 Pok&#233;mon with Surf already. 5 is just overkill and only Swampert learns Muddy Water.
Surf>Muddy water. We came to rate your team, not to give your pokes cool-looking attacks.

Moltres starts with Flamethrower. It was already there– I just left it!
Get rid of overheat then. 2 same type attacks is "just overkill", as you would say.

I have never seen Razor Leaf knock out Mewtwo in 1 hit like Frenzy Plant. Nyah.
Says the person who's fool enough to face a poison type off against a mewtwo. :/

Ice beam. To replace Mud Shot? When did Ice Beam ever knock out a Lvl. 50 Seviper in 1 shot?
You have earthquake.

Curse over muddy water. WTF? I am an attack person! I can't leave myself open for 1 round! Besides, my Swampert has pathetic speed thanks to its nature– I can't risk it!
You have surf, no need for muddy water. If it's speed is bad, all the better- let it keep falling lower. Stop complaining!

Unknown Shadower
6th December 2005, 1:22 AM
......Pok&#232;mon is not for cool looks, when you battle it's for damage, hyper beam type attacks leave yourself open for one turn.Yer, you take looks over damage n some cases, thats a VERY bad thing in Pok&#232;mon.

Hyper beam type attacks suck unless you use them wisely.

chaos952
6th December 2005, 2:22 AM
Hyper Beam-like attacks suck. Period.

Diljabar, an all-out attack strategy does not work. You should download and play Netbattle to find out why that doesn't work. You'll eventually find out... the hard way.

▼■DoomWing■▼
7th December 2005, 10:51 PM
Lay of with the smilies,Spammer

Emerald (..............wow)

Sceptile:Leaf Blade,HP Ice,Thunderpunch,Dragonclaw

Venusaur:Toxic,Leech Seed,Attract,Razor leaf/Magical leaf

Rayquaza:Dragon Dance,Dragon Claw,Rock Slide/Areial Ace,Earthquake

Pidgeot:Areial Ace,Steel Wing,HP Ground,Faint Attack/Agility/Feather Dance

Articuno:Toxic,Haze,Ice Beam,Steel Wing/HP Water/Water Pulse/Blizzard

Moltres:Steel Wing,Toxic,Sky Attack,Overheat

Latias:Psychic,Refresh,Ice beam,Tbolt

Last thing.Get a dam Water type