PDA

View Full Version : Sin City Graphic Novels

FusionSonicX
25th November 2005, 5:34 AM
I think that they belong here... If not I'm sorry. Anyway, does any1 read 'em?

That Scary Clefairy
25th November 2005, 7:42 PM
The are amazing. I love them, but I think Sandman is better.

FusionSonicX
26th November 2005, 8:15 PM
Cool, anyone else?

MugenKeiji
27th November 2005, 9:34 AM
Maybe there should be a separate comics board. Then we'll have the huge debate over manga and comics and how manga means comics and someone will bring up the word-brand association and how manga is used in the context of Japanese drawn comics and someone would be like "nuh-uh, there's terms like 'comics' and 'AmeKomi' in Japan" and someone would be like "Well I think Sin City should be honorary manga because of Miho and the level of violence" then comes the Shoujo reader who preaches how "Manga isn't always violent you close minded fool" and then sparks fly...

Sorry, I went off track, you start to recognize patterns like this after years of debate.

Yeah I read all the books, except for "The Big Fat Kill". The one thing I can never stand is "The Yellow B***tard", seeing the movie adaption and reading the original comic about him always made me queasy. For some reason I can't stand body mutation in freak accidents, like the toxic waste scene in Robocop...I can never eat for days after seeing that stuff. I mean I can only imagine the smell of yellow blood.

At first Dwight was my favorite character because I was exposed to the movie first but after reading the novels (a trend with most Dark Horse Comics, as I started off the same on The Mask), it turned out to be Wallace (good artist, former soldier, great in meditation and he's got the jungle fever) and I hope they do his story justice, especially in terms of special effects...you know what part I mean, if not I'd rather not say because the second installment is due next year.

There were a few short stories for quite a while, but I'm not sure what stories will be adapted in the next movie. Except of course, for Dwight's backstory, I know this because Rosario Dawson is reprising her role as Gail.

FusionSonicX
12th December 2005, 4:06 AM
If you want to know, I believe "A Dame To Kill For" will be featured in the next movie. Frank also annouced that he was working on a story for Nancy that centers around her avengeing Hartigan's death. He also revealed that it would most likely be featured in the second movie as well.

Brinstar
13th December 2005, 7:28 AM
Sorry, but I'm going to have to close this. =/

It's not "manga" and if I let this one slide then I'd have to let topics about any comics be allowed and then we'd have to just change the name of the forum to Comics, which isn't that bad of an idea actually...