PDA

View Full Version : new titles liscened by Viz

That Scary Clefairy
25th November 2005, 7:47 PM
Viz has just liscense these 7 titles for July, August and September accordingly to Anime on DVD site.

New Viz Manga Licenses (10:35 PM EST): According to some discoveries found on Amazon today by forum regulars flchick and sandrylina, Viz Media has some new titles scheduled out for 2006 that haven't been announced yet as licensed:

# Zombie Powder (Listed as "Zombie Power") - September 2006
# The Drifting Classroom - August 2006
# The Law of Ueki - August 2006
# Beauty Pop - September 2006
# Buso Renkin - August 2006
# skip beat - July 2006
# yakitate japan - September 2006

Personally I can't wait for Zombie Powder since its a much better story than Bleach. Too bad it wasn't finish. Hopefully it will.

Buso Renkin by manga-ka of RK seems interesting. I've heard good and bad stuff about it so i'll like to see what that all about.

Yakitate Japan is a shock since this one is about making bread! lol

BlackCat
25th November 2005, 10:03 PM
Yakitate Japan is coming to the US? *Rejoyces* That is one of the funniest magnas I've ever read. XD I think it's even funnier than Excel Saga, but that's just me.

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th November 2005, 12:12 AM
I wonder why it's taking a year, though. That seems excessive, unless they're using all their people for it on another project.

That Scary Clefairy
26th November 2005, 12:35 AM
I wonder why it's taking a year, though. That seems excessive, unless they're using all their people for it on another project.

It's because they aready liscensed about 10 new manga(s) for Febuary,March April and May. You may not know this but TP use to liscense series like crazy and now they have to release series about every 3 months since they over expanded their market.

InfinityZero
27th November 2005, 12:43 AM
Hmm, well out of those I've really only read Yakitate Japan, and mabye the first Volumes to Busou Renkin and Drifting Classroom.
I thought Busou Renkin was okay, but not great and Drifting Classroom, from what I know becomes pretty dark.
Law of Ueki, huh, was it that the main character gets the power to turn trash into trees or something. And theres a tournament or something going on. I've kind of wanted to check it out.
I've heard of Zombie Powder and Skip Beat, but not Beauty Pop before.

That Scary Clefairy
27th November 2005, 3:37 AM
Zombie Powder is good. I personally think its better than Bleach.

HK
29th November 2005, 4:22 AM
The first four volumes of Zombie Powder >>>> the first four volumes of Bleach. Nuff said.

Anyway, looking forward to a few on the list, and I might go out of the way to pick up Yakitate!! Japan because the concept is original, plus I heard that it is pretty damn good.