PDA

View Full Version : EXP Guide

SnowStorm92
26th November 2005, 12:24 AM
Expierence Points and how they work

A guide Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon.

Expierence points, like in all pokemon games, help you level up. However to learn how many EXP you get after a battle and how many left you need to lvl up is alot harder in the Dungeon games. Thats why I wrote this guide, to try to help. Lets start, shal we?

In Mysterious Dungeon, after you beat a pokemon. a number will come into the text box at the bottom of the screen, that is how many EXP(expirence points) you have just earned.

Example:

Wolf used Peck (9)
Pidgey used Peck (miss)
Wolf used peck (9)

Pidgey defeated

Wolf (some japenese stuff) 6
Kazz (some japenese stuff) 6

Wolf and Kazz just got 6, EXP.

Best of Luck!

Brad

Captain Noobhead
26th November 2005, 3:59 AM
Er, I'm slightly confused. Are there more parts to it? Maybe something should also be mentioned about how using moves gives you more exp as opposed to just using tackle.

SnowStorm92
26th November 2005, 5:06 PM
Of course, I am still writieng up the full guide. Also anybody who needs help UP TILL THE ZAPADOS BATTLE(willing to change) is welcome to PM me.

Let me try to sum this up easily:

At the bottom box, after you beat a pokemon, your pokemon's names will appear, follwoed by numbers. That is how much EXP you have recieved.

As for the moves, its a gamble. Sometimes if your move is higher than your regualar attack strength, then you will get more EXP.

Also remember the golden rule of pokemon: the faster you faint an opponet, the more EXP you shal recevie.

PikaPikaChu
27th November 2005, 2:44 AM
No , no , no.
Whatever the speed you defeat and opponant, you will get normal EXP or 2x if you used a "special" move.

SnowStorm92
27th November 2005, 3:48 AM
Shal I prove my theory is correct? I gladly will. The faster you beat the opponet the bounous points you get, however this doesnt always happen.

EXAMPLE:

Kazz attacked Sudowoodo
Sudowoodo attacked Kazz
Kazz attacked Sudowoodo, Sudowoodo fainted. Kazz gained 67 EXP

Example 2:

Kazz attacked Sudowoodo, CRITICAL! Kazz gained 77 EXP

(both of these pokemon were the same level and came from my game)

PikaPikaChu
27th November 2005, 3:08 PM
Well, whatever the pokemon,I never had bonus EXP, maybe your right on this

SnowStorm92
27th November 2005, 11:35 PM
BUT your also right in the moevs aprt ^_^. My bad, but still, extra EXP easier to kill.

Shino The SoulKeeper
28th November 2005, 12:28 AM
hum, do you know that : using a fused move against a pokémon give you 25% EXP BONUS/move linked .... mean, take a ... hum, we'll say a ;192;. When i defeat a ;192; using only normal atk, he give me 69 xp. BUT, if i kill him with one of my moveset's attack, it give me 119 exp ... and, to finish, if i over-kill him with my powerfull but energy-wasting fused moveset ( with ALL of 4 moves fused ) it give me ~200 to 210 :D isn't that magic ?????

SnowStorm92
28th November 2005, 2:12 AM
correct, the bigger the move-sets, fusions, and the stronger your ATK, the more EXP you get.

captainj
29th November 2005, 11:15 AM
You don't have to use the fused move to kill it to gain more exp. Just use it is enough. I tried using Sleep Powder + Leech Seed and then killed it with A button, it still gives about double exp.

I just did some test. 3 or 4 fused moves gives the same amount of exp. (~3 times)

Ice Lord
30th November 2005, 1:03 AM
Hey while on EXP How high can you Lv go to ( or its jest like normal 100)

Captain Noobhead
1st December 2005, 4:20 AM
^I believe it is level 100 (Some person had a screenshot with their pokemon at level 100 and their life bar all the way out), just like any other pokemon game.

SnowStorm92
2nd December 2005, 12:26 AM
Captain J: those moves togteher aren't special what so ever. They msut be higher moves.

Ice and Caterpie: Yes this is correct, unless you are cheating(bad BTW) then the highest your pokemon can get is 101.