PDA

View Full Version : TitanShipping! (Robin & Starfire from Teen Titans)

Geodude
28th November 2005, 3:10 AM
Since the vague name of PokeShipping is given to Ash/Misty because it's the most obvious ship in Pokemon (or at least it was), I hereby dub the pairing of Robin and Starfire from Teen Titans, TitanShipping. Like PokeShipping, Robin/Starfire is the most obvious pairing in Teen Titans, both in the show and in the Teen Titans Go! comic. And I think it's also true even in the original Teen Titans comic, although I'm not familiar with that series.

Any other TitanShippers here?

Key episodes for this shipping include Date With Destiny, Betrothed, and Stranded.

hikari_blaze
28th November 2005, 3:18 AM
I do! I just think they're so cute! There's a lot of hints on how they feel.

Sweet May
28th November 2005, 3:23 AM
yea that ship is great. Lots of hints came from those 3 episodes you mentioned Geodude. :D

Geodude
28th November 2005, 3:45 AM
Fang: (attacks Robin) "Keep your hands off my girl!"
Starfire: (attacks Fang with starbolts) "Keep your legs off my boy!"

XD

Fizz
28th November 2005, 3:54 AM
There's another hint in the the 4th of July episode... Revolution, was it? Anyway, when Robin got his youth back, Starfire had hearts in her eyes when she saw him.

Geodude
28th November 2005, 4:10 AM
In line with that, I loved Robin's reaction in Stranded when Cyborg teasingly called Starfire Robin's girlfriend.

dragonmaster5000
28th November 2005, 4:17 AM
I really like this shipping. The writers have been building up to this pairing since the beginning of the series and there have been many hints. I'm trying to come up with quotes, but this is all I've got for now...

Blackfire(talking to Starfire): Now enough chit chat. I'm sure you're eager to see who you'll be spending the rest of your life with. *moves aside to reveal a handsome male Tameranean*
Starfire: *has hearts in her eyes and is in love*
Robin: *jaw drops, eyes widen, points at Tameranean, and becomes insanely jealous*

Okay, this was from Betrothered and it's mostly action, but as my Literature teacher always tells us when writing essays, actions are better than words. I'll try to come up with more quotes...

Geodude
28th November 2005, 4:45 AM
Robin: Starfire...what happened back there? Why couldn't you fly?
Starfire: Tamaranean powers are inclined by our emotions.
Robin: So the way you feel affects your ability to fly.
Starfire: And right now I feel unfamiliar confusion.
Robin: But we've faced danger before without your powers failing.
Starfire: It is not danger that confuses me, Robin. It is you. I do not understand...us.

Heh, "us". That one little two-letter word that, when spoken by a female, makes even the bravest male, even one who routinely faces the most dangerous supervillains, turn into a sweating pile of nervousness. :D

DarkWobbuffet
28th November 2005, 4:58 AM
Yeah, I like this shipping too. The writers really made an effort to show off this coupling, you barely see much others like this one. The episode "Sisters" alone showed off there was something going on between those two. They were even going to be married in the original comics, but an evil Raven clone (???) stopped the wedding and Starfire wound up marrying some other guy. I doubt the writers of the TV show would ever do something as unusual as that though...

According to an interview with the producers, when asked if Robin and Starfire would ever kiss, they say they would seriously like to do that in a future episode. :D

Unfortunatly, it's been confirmed the series has been cancelled after Season 5, and from what I saw from the episode previews there's no Robin/Starfire relationship episodes this time around.

Several petitions are being made around the net to save the show, and I know for a fact fandom has been known to save some TV shows.

Swifty
28th November 2005, 7:43 AM
LOL. Robin and Starfire isn't just obvious. It's inevitable, considering a Robin and Starfire relationship is canon in the DC comics universe. Story Editor Rob Hoegee on if Robin and Starfire would ever kiss: "Pretty safe bet. But we're not saying for sure."

Those two things make this ship already... Boring now. The possibility of it becoming under heavy fire and being risked annihilation is nothing compared to, say, pokeshipping. I find the risk... Exhilerating. :D

Jo-Jo
28th November 2005, 8:04 AM
Robin/Starfire is Teh Cuteness. Yes indeedy. <3

IGAF
28th November 2005, 10:23 AM
I was wondering when someone would start a thread on Teen Titans pairings. ^_^ I love the Rob/Star relationship. It's just so cute. ^_^

[Off subject] So if Robin and Starfire are Titanshipping, what do you think BB/Raven paring would be called? GreenGothshipping? Oppositeshipping? (I'm a big BB/Rae fan) [Off subject/]

If the series did go on for more seasons, Titanshipping would probably be the result. ^_^

Geodude
28th November 2005, 12:16 PM
BB/Raven is difficult to name, since it's hard to pick one word that's appropriate. Off the top of my head at least. :p Too bad the Guys In Charge don't consider it a canon ship though.

CyberCubed
28th November 2005, 2:26 PM
Too bad the series has only 6 episodes left to confirm the pairing. For those who don't know, Teen Titans was cancelled. The show will end at 65 episodes.

Geodude
28th November 2005, 10:15 PM
You obviously haven't read the whole thread, Cyber. :p Sad, considering it's not even a full page long. :p That's already been mentioned.

And the pairing is confirmed. Watch Date With Destiny and Stranded.

Starfire (to Kitten): This 'prom' is some manner of duel, yes? (pulls off her glove and slaps Kitten on the screen) Robin eagerly accepts!
Robin: It's not a duel, Star...it's a date.
Starfire: Aaaahhh! He does not accept! Do you hear? Robin does not accept!...Huh? (gets pulled away by Robin)
Robin (to Killer Moth and Kitten): We're going to need a minute.

Miss Kanna
28th November 2005, 10:20 PM
This couple is obviously the cutest in the whole show ^__^(besides Terra and Beast Boy of course^_^)This si indeed a cute shipping I support outside of anime.

CyberCubed
28th November 2005, 10:30 PM
Funny thing is, does Starefire even know what Robin looks like without his mask on?

Does she know that he's Dick Grayson? Something the writers never made clear in the show, I don't know if the other Titans know Robin's identity.

Considering that this Robin could very well be the same Robin from B:TAS, (and TT being a prequal to B:TAS), it is something to wonder about. At least we know that Batgirl marries a black officer in Batman Beyond, so Robin's/Nightwing's (as it was confirmed in one episode that Dick becomes Nightwing) chances of staying with Starfire are high.

Especially since they got married (I think?) in the original DC comics.

Geodude
28th November 2005, 10:31 PM
Well the other Titans didn't know that Beast Boy's real name is Garfield, so it's doubtful that they know Robin's real name either.

CyberCubed
28th November 2005, 10:32 PM
So Starfire's never even seen Robin's eyes? She doesn't even know what his real face looks like! :p

Geodude
28th November 2005, 10:33 PM
If she loves him as he is right now, does it really matter?

Swifty
28th November 2005, 10:38 PM
Funny thing is, does Starefire even know what Robin looks like without his mask on?

Does she know that he's Dick Grayson? Something the writers never made clear in the show, I don't know if the other Titans know Robin's identity.

Considering that this Robin could very well be the same Robin from B:TAS, (and TT being a prequal to B:TAS), it is something to wonder about. At least we know that Batgirl marries a black officer in Batman Beyond, so Robin's/Nightwing's (as it was confirmed in one episode that Dick becomes Nightwing) chances of staying with Starfire are high.The DC Animated Universe created in BTAS, STAS, Static Shock, JL, and JLU doesn't seem to include the Teen Titans. There's so many weird anomalies between Teen Titans and the DCAU. I can only conclude that Teen Titans is not part of Bruce Timm's DCAU. Therefore, whatever happens in the those five Bruce Timm shows appears to have no bearing on the direction of Teen Titans.

Especially since they got married (I think?) in the original DC comics.
They were gonna, but before the vows, an evil Raven interrupted the wedding.

CyberCubed
28th November 2005, 10:42 PM
^ I remember Bruce Timm saying he wouldn't mind accepting TT into part of the DCAU. (He absolutely adores Teen Titans, as do most of the others guys who do JLU)

Kid Flash will appear in the next new episode of Teen Titans, and that's the same Flash who appears on Justice League. The voice actor who does Flash on JLU will also be doing Kid Flash on TT!

Considering it's likely that Nightwing and Flash are the same age, it makes sense that TT Robin and Kid Flash are the same age. It's a nice semi-nod for continuity. (Also, you forgot Batman: Beyond and The Zeta Project)

Getting back on topic, I hope in the DTV Teen Titans movie, "Teen Titans: Tokyo" that we at least get a kiss between Robin and Starfire. It would be a nice way to end the series with.

Swifty
28th November 2005, 10:54 PM
^ I remember Bruce Timm saying he wouldn't mind accepting TT into part of the DCAU. (He absolutely adores Teen Titans, as do most of the others guys who do JLU)
Even if Teen Titan's gets canceled, the show will have a very difficult time dying if the previous DC shows are any indicator of the things to come. If Timm does find out a way to merge the animated Teen Titans into the DCAU, he'll will probably have some sort of Teen Titan's arc in JLU like he did with Batman Beyond and Static Shock.

Did anybody watch the Justice League episode, "Wild Cards?" The entire Royal Flush Gang was voiced by the cast of the Teen Titans. :D

CyberCubed
28th November 2005, 10:58 PM
^ Yep.

True, it would be nice for some sort of reference to Teen Titans on Justice League (even if the old TT are all adults by JLU's time, and most likely gone their seperate ways)...but since JLU is also in danger of being cancelled this season, we may never get to see that. :(

Swifty
28th November 2005, 11:06 PM
^ Yep.

True, it would be nice for some sort of reference to Teen Titans on Justice League (even if the old TT are all adults by JLU's time, and most likely gone their seperate ways)...but since JLU is also in danger of being cancelled this season, we may never get to see that. :(
Timm mentioned the Teen Titans at least once before. In Static Shock, Static asks Batman where Robin went. Batman responds with, "He left to join the Titans." Which means that Tim Drake is the leader of the Teen Titans in the DCAU? But in Teen Titans, it's completely obvious that their Robin is Dick Greyson.

So confusing T_T

Geodude
28th November 2005, 11:27 PM
Did anybody watch the Justice League episode, "Wild Cards?" The entire Royal Flush Gang was voiced by the cast of the Teen Titans. :D
I never knew that!

CyberCubed
28th November 2005, 11:40 PM
Timm mentioned the Teen Titans at least once before. In Static Shock, Static asks Batman where Robin went. Batman responds with, "He left to join the Titans." Which means that Tim Drake is the leader of the Teen Titans in the DCAU? But in Teen Titans, it's completely obvious that their Robin is Dick Greyson.

So confusing T_T

The thing is that the "Teen Titans" as a group still probably exists, it just has all new members.

The original Teen Titans are all adults in JLU's time, and new superheroes probably populate Titans tower. Who says that Tim Drake didn't join the new Teen Titans afterward? And who's to say he's the current leader?

My theory is that the Teen Titans still exist in JLU's time, but they have a "next generation" of superheroes, one of them being Tim Drake.

Meanwhile all the previous Titans members have gone their seperate ways. (Which makes sense considering Nightwings loner attitude in TNBA)

dog247
28th November 2005, 11:49 PM
LOL. Robin and Starfire isn't just obvious. It's inevitable, considering a Robin and Starfire relationship is canon in the DC comics universe. Story Editor Rob Hoegee on if Robin and Starfire would ever kiss: "Pretty safe bet. But we're not saying for sure."

Those two things make this ship already... Boring now. The possibility of it becoming under heavy fire and being risked annihilation is nothing compared to, say, pokeshipping. I find the risk... Exhilerating. :D
this shippeng is good for tv but in the comics i'm torn between babs (the former bat girl now oracel)/dick(nightwing/first robins name)

and

kori(stars name )/dick

Geodude
29th November 2005, 3:30 AM
An interesting point for this ship...one of the few pieces of background info on the show that we have is that since Starfire came to Earth, Robin has spent a lot of time showing her and teaching her things about life on Earth.

Swifty
29th November 2005, 9:52 AM
Actully timeline wise, Teen Titans takes place some time between when Richard leaves in B:TAS, and it ends before Tim Drake took over the role of Robin, so it's more of a spinoff.

Oh, I just remembered an interesting bit of diolouge from a Static Shock episode...

Static: Hey, where's Robin?
Batman: He's with the Titans.
Static: The who?
Batman: You'll find out soon enough.
The problem with Dick being in the Teen Titans is that he isn't a teenager during Batman The Animated Series. He's a college student, arguably more mature than his current portrayal in the Teen Titans animated series.

There seems to be only two explanations to get Teen Titans to fit with the DCAU. Either Teen Titans takes place before B:TAS with Dick Greyson in charge or Teen Titans takes place during Static Shock, JL, and JLU with Tim Drake in charge. The former makes more sense, considering in the future, Starfire encounters a Robin turned into Nightwing (Dick Greyson) and Robin meets with his alternate reality counterpart, Nosyerg Kcid, Dick Greyson spelled backwards.

DarkWobbuffet
29th November 2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I didn't realize that until after I posted the topic. I guess I didn't delete it fast enough. Crap, according to Edward Elric's sig I just made Ed even shorter. ><;

Actully, I remember another reference the show made that the TT Robin is Richard Grayson... In the episode "Haunted", Raven enters Robin's mind to find out why he thinks Slade is everywhere. As she scanned his mind, you could various flashbacks, including Robin's oath to Batman, and a scene where two acrobats were falling to their death at a circus, which is just what happened to Richard's parents.

bm3
29th November 2005, 10:37 AM
This is from wikipedia

"Dick's good looks and sensitive nature have always made him a hit with the ladies. As a teenager, he maintained a tenuous friendship with Flamebird, despite her unrequited feelings for him. Dick's longest romantic relationship was with the alien princess Starfire; they were a couple for several years and were even engaged to marry, but due to one of their team-mate Raven's evil periods, their relationship dissolved. He later had a brief affair with Huntress. Despite all of this, Dick has always had - and will always have - strong romantic feelings for Barbara Gordon, the first Batgirl. They finally started dating a few years ago, but the relationship dissolved due to Nightwing's obsession in defeating Blockbuster. The two remain close friends with instances of lingering romantic tension. Recently, Dick briefly rekindled his affair with Starfire, spending a night with her before removing himself from the heroic spotlight for a while."

I'm confused. Is he with her or not? If he's really out of the spotlight, how come I can find Nightwing comics on the DC website. I don't mean to sound like a comic nerd, I'm just curious.

dog247
29th November 2005, 12:39 PM
beacause he turned evil and is tranning ravenger slades daughter and it all part of infinate crisis

Geodude
29th November 2005, 10:20 PM
Either you post using understandable English, or you don't post at all. Your choice.

DarkWobbuffet
30th November 2005, 4:10 AM
*takes off hat and holds it to his chest*

Let us have a moment of silence for the death of the sentence that dog247 made.

Isn't Wikipedia a site where people post their own definitions of words? That guy might have been misinterpeting something.

Geodude
1st December 2005, 3:13 AM
I'm almost kinda sorta inclined maybe to do a TitanShipping fanfic...hmm...any ideas?

dragonmaster5000
1st December 2005, 5:26 AM
I'm almost kinda sorta inclined maybe to do a TitanShipping fanfic...hmm...any ideas?

Hmm...how about something along the lines of: Slade captures Starfire and uses her as a hostage to keep the other Titans away while he activates a doomsday device that will destroy the city. Robin will of course have to choose between the city and Starfire. This will of course result in a final Robin vs. Slade showdown...

Too unoriginal, isn't it?

Geodude
1st December 2005, 11:08 PM
Hmmm...maybe. Or maybe I could have Kitten return to make Star jealous again... :D

Satoshi
3rd December 2005, 3:16 AM
^ Yep.

There's a references to the titans in Static Shock, isn't that good enough? :p

I absolutely love this pairing, it's my favorite next to Robin x Batgirl.

gladdecease
3rd December 2005, 3:33 AM
Hmm...how about something along the lines of: Slade captures Starfire and uses her as a hostage to keep the other Titans away while he activates a doomsday device that will destroy the city. Robin will of course have to choose between the city and Starfire. This will of course result in a final Robin vs. Slade showdown...

Too unoriginal, isn't it?Not necessarily unoriginal, just...a bit overdone and overused, IMO. The whole Robin must choose the person that matters most situation is one that has been used over and over on fanfiction.net, if nowhere else.

I've read some good Kitten fics, and I think it could be pulled off, if there was a twist in there somewhere.

Another idea...well, there's the "Robin and Raven go out, Star gets jealous and does something about it" if you're up for it. Then there's the entire Red X possibility...or something Tamaranian that requires Star having either a child, a relationship, or a wedding before a certain time or physiologically she will die. *shrugs* Something like that, if it helps.

Somehow, I'm pulled between this ship [cute, canon, and just funny sometimes] and the RobinTerra ship. ^^' Yeah, basically no fans for that one, but...I dunno, something about Aftershock got to me...

dragonmaster5000
3rd December 2005, 6:14 AM
Okay then...I'll go with the Kitten/Starfire Jealousy idea. I saw it during the Date With Destiny episode, and the cat fight (not a pun) between the two girls was actually pretty entertaining...until Kitten released a bunch of man-eating bugs. XD

Geodude
3rd December 2005, 11:20 PM
http://www.geoscreens.com/teentitans/robstarhug.jpg

Best. TitanShippy. Scene. EVER.

CyberCubed
4th December 2005, 12:42 AM
They always look a little funny because Starfire is taller than Robin. :p

You would think Robin would reach his hands either a little higher or a little lower... :x

dragonmaster5000
4th December 2005, 6:19 AM
http://www.geoscreens.com/teentitans/robstarhug.jpg

Best. TitanShippy. Scene. EVER.

Yeah, definitely! Stranded was the most Titanshippy episode in the series and that was the first (and not the last) time Starfire and Robin ever hugged. It does kind of look funny because usually, Robin's not that much shorter than Starfire, but I'm not complaining.

Geodude
4th December 2005, 6:46 PM
You would think Robin would reach his hands either a little higher or a little lower... :x

*shakes head* You're impossible, you know that? :p

Geodude
22nd December 2005, 3:18 PM
In the newest TT episode, Go!, Robin and Starfire ACTUALLY KISSED. :D It wasn't exactly what shippers were expecting, but it was still a kiss. :p And there were several shy little blushes between them in the ep too. :D

♥~Darkness Within~♥
22nd December 2005, 3:45 PM
OOO! i support this ship

In the newest TT episode, Go!, Robin and Starfire ACTUALLY KISSED. :D It wasn't exactly what shippers were expecting, but it was still a kiss. :p And there were several shy little blushes between them in the ep too. :D WAHTTTTTTT! Ur
kidding right, OMG! must find that episode

cold_katanagirl
22nd December 2005, 5:08 PM
I wasn't expecting that kiss at ALL. o____O

But I like the ship so it's all good I guess...

Jo-Jo
22nd December 2005, 6:05 PM
Does anyone have screenshots? *bats eyes*

Revolutionary Destiny
22nd December 2005, 7:42 PM
http://www.titansgo.net/

^ Has screenshots to "Go". I guess they stuck to the comics because in the comics, Starfire kissed Robin so she could learn English. But I still wasn't expecting it. When I watched it, I was like "Woah!" and I felt like blushing for some strange reason...

♥~Darkness Within~♥
23rd December 2005, 12:44 AM
Omg!!!!!!!

CyberCubed
23rd December 2005, 1:09 AM
Screenshot:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/scott85/62db4a5a.jpg

I wonder if Starfire gave Robin "the tongue".

Chaka27
23rd December 2005, 1:18 AM
Love the ship saw the kiss^^

Geodude
23rd December 2005, 3:48 AM
Star's got her eyes closed too...can't tell with Robin though. :p