PDA

View Full Version : G/S/C Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

grem
29th November 2005, 6:12 PM
If you have any questions, queries, or anything going on that you would like info about, don't be shy! There are always people who will know the answer.

This thread is for general queries.

Please use the Search bar near the top of the page to see if your question has already been answered!

The following threads are for specific topis. They may have the answer to your question before you ask it. Please do not make a new thread if there is already a thread in existence that can help you.

IIf your game ISN'T SAVING, Read This (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=384541): Info on how you can fix your game if the internal battery is dead!

The Official G/S/C Legendary Pokémon Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=204078): How to find and catch the second generation legendary Pokémon.

The Official Celebi Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=84181): Everything there is to know about Celebi.

The Official G/S/C Programming and Beta Glitch Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105571): Information and members' finds on the many glitches of these games.

The Official G/S/C Shiny Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=344568): Information and general chat about the Shiny Pokémon in the first games they appeared in.

G/S/C Recent Happenings Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=116931): The place to talk about your recent progress in-game.

Thanks, hope this helps!

~Psychic and grem

Kasaioni
30th November 2005, 7:23 PM
Does anyone know in Crystal who can tell me how much my pokemon love me?

Shadow Suicune
30th November 2005, 7:36 PM
Does anyone know in Crystal who can tell me how much my pokemon love me?
There is one woman in Goldenrod City and she will tell you. Her house is near the bike shop.

Kasaioni
30th November 2005, 9:10 PM
There is one woman in Goldenrod City and she will tell you. Her house is near the bike shop.
thank you ^_^

Shadow Suicune
30th November 2005, 10:14 PM
thank you ^_^
Welcome :) It´s the least I can do for any pokémon fan :)

Kasaioni
30th November 2005, 10:28 PM
Welcome :) It´s the least I can do for any pokémon fan :)
Do you have a list of the stages of love that she tells you?

ChronaMew
1st December 2005, 3:42 AM
Do you have a list of the stages of love that she tells you?
Its kinda cute is the middle one

its friendly toward you it looks sorta happy means hes happy, but not enouth to friendship evolve

the one after that is happiness evolution, forgot what it is. Don't know any before then =p

Kasaioni
1st December 2005, 1:08 PM
Its kinda cute is the middle one

its friendly toward you it looks sorta happy means hes happy, but not enouth to friendship evolve

the one after that is happiness evolution, forgot what it is. Don't know any before then =p
thats good enough thanx ^_^

-Totodile-
2nd December 2005, 3:49 PM
You can also use Gary's sister to tell you how much your Pokemon loves you.

-Totodile-
2nd December 2005, 8:31 PM
Sorry to double post, but is there any way to get a Metal Coat in Silver that not from the guy on the SS Anne or from wild Magnemite. It's driving me nuts trying to get one off Magnemites!

EDIT: Coral Eye Trainer!!

Guy
3rd December 2005, 3:19 AM
OK, i guess this is pretty pointless, but here goes...
well, on Silver i do this cheat to train my Pokemon. i remember a password when i had $4362 for the clock trick, which i use to fight the trainer house and my rival repeatedly. well, here's the problem. my mom has practically full money and i can't do the trick anymore! unless i use that program again i guess, but...do you have any good ideas on how to get rid of money quickly besides buy TMs?
EDIT: Well, i could just keep losing when i have wicked weak Pokemon with me... never mind.

grem
12th December 2005, 8:46 AM
OK, i guess this is pretty pointless, but here goes...
well, on Silver i do this cheat to train my Pokemon. i remember a password when i had $4362 for the clock trick, which i use to fight the trainer house and my rival repeatedly. well, here's the problem. my mom has practically full money and i can't do the trick anymore! unless i use that program again i guess, but...do you have any good ideas on how to get rid of money quickly besides buy TMs?
EDIT: Well, i could just keep losing when i have wicked weak Pokemon with me... never mind.

lose money? i'd just buy loads of Carbon, Iron etc and expensive items :P also you said "not TMs" dont buy them then :p buy lots of balls and stuff..
BUY

MetaKnight
19th December 2005, 7:28 PM
Is it possible to get Mystery Gift in Siver?
If it is how do you get it?

HaLuZiNaTHoR
19th December 2005, 7:58 PM

I´m not quite sure, but i think that to get Mistery event in G/S/C, you need PKMN Stadium 2

MetaKnight
19th December 2005, 9:39 PM
Im not sure thats the way to get it!
My Friend doesnt have PkmnStadium2 and he doesnt know anyone who has it!
My friend said he got it today and he doesnt know how he got it!

Shadow Suicune
20th December 2005, 5:41 PM
I think you have to talk to a small girl at Goldenrod city´s Department store (I don´t know what floor) and she will say, there will be a mystery gift when you save, turn off and turn on again.

Kyptointe Krunch
23rd December 2005, 12:51 AM
;224; hey is there a way where you can get a 100 and/or infite;101; rare candy's?

emeraldellie
23rd December 2005, 12:57 AM
;224; hey is there a way where you can get a 100 and/or infite;101; rare candy's?
You can clone a Pokemon holding a Rare Candy over and over again, but it takes a long time. For information on how to clone, go here:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=94890
Other than that, I don't think there's any way to in GSC, sorry.

Kyptointe Krunch
23rd December 2005, 9:07 PM
ok,thank i have another qusetion.

Is there a way to get more moon,fire,thunder,leaf, and water stones besides getting only 1 each from bill grandpa?;138;

XRay
23rd December 2005, 11:46 PM
Yes there is, but only if you are playing crystal. Some people you talk after battle offer their number to chat, but some of them give you the stones:
Gina picnicker-route 34-leaf stone;
Alan schoolboy-route 36-fire stone;
Dana lass-route 38-thunder stone;
Wilton fisher-route 44-water stone;
Of course they won't give you a stone each time: sometimes they want to battle, to chat...
As for the sun stone you probably know you can get it by gaining the first place at the bug catching contest in Goldenrod. The moon stone can be obtained on monday nights outside of Mt.moon.

2kool4skool
1st January 2006, 1:04 AM
Yes there is, but only if you are playing crystal. Some people you talk after battle offer their number to chat, but some of them give you the stones:
Gina picnicker-route 34-leaf stone;
Alan schoolboy-route 36-fire stone;
Dana lass-route 38-thunder stone;
Wilton fisher-route 44-water stone;
Of course they won't give you a stone each time: sometimes they want to battle, to chat...
As for the sun stone you probably know you can get it by gaining the first place at the bug catching contest in Goldenrod. The moon stone can be obtained on monday nights outside of Mt.moon.
Is there any way to know when the will actually give you the stones or is it just random?
Edit: nevermind, i got it

Aviano
7th January 2006, 11:12 PM
I have a question: The move tutor that's available after you got all 16 badges( in Crystal), can it only learn a pokemon the move once or can he do it mutiple times?

Ohtachi
8th January 2006, 3:38 AM
Does anyone know how to get your Trainer's alternate costume in Crystal?
Like have the Boy's costume changed to blue instead of red and the girl's costume changed to red instead of blue. :(

XRay
8th January 2006, 12:56 PM
I have a question: The move tutor that's available after you got all 16 badges( in Crystal), can it only learn a pokemon the move once or can he do it mutiple times?

As long as you pay the 4000 coins you can teach any move as many times as you want(but only one move a day).
P.S. I know that the main site says he's in goldenrod on wednsdays and saturdays after collecting all 16 badges and beating Red but I'm am pretty sure that he already appears after beating the elite4.

+Chaos Blade+
8th January 2006, 6:56 PM
Yes, you need to defeat the Elite 4 before you can see him. But keep in mind that it is only in Crystal. He'll ask for you to pick the move, and when you pay up, you're done until the next day.

Char1016
8th January 2006, 9:32 PM
Does anyone know how to get your Trainer's alternate costume in Crystal?
Like have the Boy's costume changed to blue instead of red and the girl's costume changed to red instead of blue. :(

To get a red boy: Start game, choose boy and done.
To get a blue boy: Start game, choose girl, play a little and save, it says: saving don't turn off the power.' Turn your gameboy off in a second, start new game and choose boy, he will be blue for sure.
To get a red girl: Do the same as above but in place of boy, put girl, in place of girl, put boy and you have the red girl.
To get a blue girl: Do I really need to tell you this one?

Ohtachi
8th January 2006, 10:22 PM
Thank You, fidani.

To get a blue girl: Do I really need to tell you this one?

Lol, no.

Flatfoot
16th January 2006, 2:59 AM
I have one question. Do EV's and anything that apply with it exist in G/S/C? And, is it similar to the 3rd generation games? The thought occured to me when it was mentioned in the Pokemon Crystal board on GameFAQs (well, I could've sworn I saw it). Someone said it did exist in these games, but didn't really describe it. So basically, can someone answer my question?

P.S. I didn't see the help thread when I asked this question in the recent happenings thread when posting a recent happening.

Double-Edge
16th January 2006, 3:33 AM
they do excist but arent as complicated as in 3rd gen, and not as important, thats why no one really talks about them

Dragon trainer
22nd January 2006, 7:22 PM
How do get the EV's to match the required hidden power? i.e HP ice to jolteon!

i have not used these before this is why im asking

emeraldellie
22nd January 2006, 9:59 PM
How do get the EV's to match the required hidden power? i.e HP ice to jolteon!

i have not used these before this is why im asking
You need to get the right IV's, not EV's. IV's are determined right when you catch a Pokemon, or get its egg, and they're random for wild Pokemon. For hatched Pokemon, they inherit 3 random IV's from the parents, and the others are chosen randomly, iirc. Use and IV calculator to find your Pokemon's IV's, and some will tell you the Hidden Power type, too.

Dragon trainer
22nd January 2006, 10:36 PM
where is there a good IV calculator

Pichumaster
2nd February 2006, 2:04 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get through the Ice Cave in Crystal?

Serebii93
2nd February 2006, 6:21 AM
HERE (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsicepathmaps.html) is the answer for your question.
And as for Dragon trainer, if you mean DV, go HERE (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/dv.php). If you mean EV, go HERE (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/evtraining.php). If you're trying to change the clock, go HERE (http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/timechange.php). If you find none of this helpful, go HERE (http://www.psypokes.com)

SuperGlalie
2nd February 2006, 1:53 PM
Can someone please tell me all the different shiny odds for silver. I know wild poemon are 1 in 65000 or something like that but can someone tell me the odds for eggs with shiny parents, starters etc and the odd egg in crystal, plus any others there may be? Thanks in advance

Serebii93
2nd February 2006, 8:42 PM
If the baby has a shiny parent, it WILL be shiny. Other than that, I'm not sure.

SuperGlalie
2nd February 2006, 11:51 PM
If the baby has a shiny parent, it WILL be shiny. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Thanks but i dont think it is because i bred using shiny Gyarados and i didnt get shinies. However, if i am wrong forgive me.

emeraldellie
3rd February 2006, 12:57 AM

Thanks but i dont think it is because i bred using shiny Gyarados and i didnt get shinies. However, if i am wrong forgive me.
It isn't always shiny if the parent is. In GSC, if the parent is shiny, the baby has a 1/64 chance of being shiny, which is a lot bigger then normal.

SuperGlalie
3rd February 2006, 1:01 AM
So does it work with the Gyarados? Also is it true there are different odds of getting a shiny starter?

emeraldellie
3rd February 2006, 3:25 AM
So does it work with the Gyarados? Also is it true there are different odds of getting a shiny starter?
Yes, it does work with Gyarados. I've never heard of there being different chances for a starter, so probably not.

Lytcadorea
12th February 2006, 3:33 PM
This is sort of a dumb question but I have beat the Elite 4 and got all the badges but I can't get to Mt. Silver. How do you get the guy to move?

muckers
12th February 2006, 3:43 PM
You have to get all the Kanto Gym badges as well, and then go to see Prof. Oak in Pallet Town and he'll say 'I'll make arrangments for you to go to Mt. Silver' or something along those lines.

Lytcadorea
12th February 2006, 3:53 PM
Thanks. XD

Mew Supporter!
12th February 2006, 9:33 PM
Bills Garndpa says "This pokemon is very loyal to its trianer. It roars nicely." What is it?

muckers
12th February 2006, 9:38 PM
I think that's Growlithe, but I'm not certain - I'll check for you.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's either Growlithe or Vulpix - try both. ^_^

-----

EDIT2: Can someone help *me*? :]

On Crystal, is there any way to get Ho-oh? When I went to Kanto, I was given the Silver Wing which allowed me to get Lugia but is that it? Or can I get Ho-oh as well?

Thanks.

Incrediboy
13th February 2006, 12:28 PM
On Crystal, is there any way to get Ho-oh? When I went to Kanto, I was given the Silver Wing which allowed me to get Lugia but is that it? Or can I get Ho-oh as well?

Thanks.
I think you have to catch all three legendary dogs, and d something in Tin Tower to get Ho-Oh. Don't know the exact details, i've never played Crystal that much. :p

muckers
13th February 2006, 12:39 PM
All three?!?!

Ah man...

Better get searching....

Serebii93
13th February 2006, 11:42 PM
I was just wondering, but how on earth do I get mail in my PC? Who sends it?

emeraldellie
14th February 2006, 12:49 AM
I was just wondering, but how on earth do I get mail in my PC? Who sends it?
It's been awhile since I've used mail, but I don't think it gets to your PC directly. I think that you have to trade Pokemon with someone who has mail first. Then, when you go to take the mail from the Pokemon, there's the option to send it to the PC. If you do that, then it goes to your mailbox in the PC.

Serebii93
14th February 2006, 7:57 PM
So it's pretty much worthless?

XRay
14th February 2006, 8:48 PM
All three?!?!

Ah man...

Better get searching....

When you get them, go to see Eusine in the celadon pokemon center. He will ask you if you caught all three of them and then say that he will meet you in ecruteak. Go to tin tower and talk to the guy that on top of the screen. He will give you the rainbow wing and a staircase will show up leading you through some sort of maze. When you reach the top ho-oh will be waiting.

emeraldellie
15th February 2006, 1:51 AM
So it's pretty much worthless?
Yeah, pretty much, unless you have a friend who has GSC and they send you a message and you want to keep it.

Serebii93
15th February 2006, 3:25 AM
Ahh...dumb...^_^

Phreack
15th February 2006, 5:11 AM
I think you have to catch all three legendary dogs, and d something in Tin Tower to get Ho-Oh. Don't know the exact details, i've never played Crystal that much. :p

No you don't need the three legendary dogs you just need the rainbow feather and the man will let you go through.

TheMusicMan
15th February 2006, 5:27 AM
You need the three gerbils in Crystal to get the Rainbow Wing though.

wobbanut
17th February 2006, 12:57 AM
I have a question.

Now that I have collected the eight Johto badges and am starting to get a team together to take on the Elite 4, what is the best way to train on these game? At least I have the Trainer's Eyes on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and the Vs. Seeker on FireRed/LeafGreen, since rebattling old trainers really helps level up my pokemon. On Crystal, though, I'm limited to just a handful of trainers to call, they call me for battles just every so often, and their pokemon don't really seem to grow with time like they do on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So what can I do? I really need my typhlosion, weepinbell (don't laugh, it's royally kicked Pryce and Claire's butts, and it might just be helpful), pidgeotto (will be pidgeot soon), poliwhirl, and other pokemon to be named later to get in the best shape they can before I take on the Elite 4. I also need to eliminate one person on the call list so I can get that one girl who can call me if she gets a leaf stone (according to the guide). I really want to make weepinbell evolve, either before or after the Elite 4.

Also, I really want to know how on earth to get an eevee. It's listed in the Crystal guide at Ecruteak City, but they don't say how to get one.

Gazmof
17th February 2006, 1:02 AM
I can't really remember how I trained before the Elite 4, Wobby. If I recall correctly, I just wandered around Victory Road a fair bit.

As for the Eevee, if I remember right I believe after going to Ecruteak and beating the Kimono Sisters, you should return to Goldenrod to see Bill and he should hook you up with an Eevee, fuzzah~!

Let me know if this helps.

EDIT: These hints are for Gold/Silver; I'm not sure if they changed things up for Crystal, sorry.

XRay
17th February 2006, 9:58 AM
I have a question.

Now that I have collected the eight Johto badges and am starting to get a team together to take on the Elite 4, what is the best way to train on these game? At least I have the Trainer's Eyes on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and the Vs. Seeker on FireRed/LeafGreen, since rebattling old trainers really helps level up my pokemon. On Crystal, though, I'm limited to just a handful of trainers to call, they call me for battles just every so often, and their pokemon don't really seem to grow with time like they do on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So what can I do? I really need my typhlosion, weepinbell (don't laugh, it's royally kicked Pryce and Claire's butts, and it might just be helpful), pidgeotto (will be pidgeot soon), poliwhirl, and other pokemon to be named later to get in the best shape they can before I take on the Elite 4. I also need to eliminate one person on the call list so I can get that one girl who can call me if she gets a leaf stone (according to the guide). I really want to make weepinbell evolve, either before or after the Elite 4.

Also, I really want to know how on earth to get an eevee. It's listed in the Crystal guide at Ecruteak City, but they don't say how to get one.

Well you could always train at the victory road and the route between blackthorn and new bark which will do wonders for weepinbell(evolve after it learns razor leaf at lv 42 I believe) and poliwhirl.
As for eevee, you can get it right after you set foot it the ecruteak pokemon center. After talking to bill(which I suppose you have done coz you can't get past it) return to goldenrod and find his house. Talk to him and he will give you the eevee.

.::Escalator::.
17th February 2006, 9:17 PM
I train in Victory Road.

Is there any way to speed the process of getting phone calls? I need Schoolboy Alan to call me and gimme a Fire Stone to Evolvitize me Growlithe.

emeraldellie
18th February 2006, 12:19 AM
I train in Victory Road.

Is there any way to speed the process of getting phone calls? I need Schoolboy Alan to call me and gimme a Fire Stone to Evolvitize me Growlithe.
Go into your mom's house and change whether it's DST or not. Then go outside. You will get a call about 75% of the time.

18th February 2006, 12:34 AM
Each time I change DST?

wobbanut
18th February 2006, 3:13 PM
Thanks for your help, guys! I did the trainers leading up to Victory Road, and my rival, which helped my pokemon, but I'll wait a little longer before I take on the Elite 4 once and for all. I got eevee too. :D

xXFallenButterflyXx
19th February 2006, 8:17 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me which kind of Apricorn berries turn into which kind of special Poke-balls? Also, what each special Poke-ball does. (I.E: Like the Lure Ball easily catches Pokemon you get from fishing etc.)

~;196; Fallen

Mini Apocalypse
19th February 2006, 9:21 PM
hi there i seem to be stuck.im in mahogany but the man who sells rare candy bars wont let me leave.iv beaten the gym leader and been to lake of rage.in the walkthrough(on this site) it says that i know have to go to goldenrod radio tower but the man is still blocking the way to the next floor. have i missed something and if so any ideas of what it is?

20th February 2006, 1:04 AM
Are there any more dolls your mom buys for you after the Snorlax Doll? I have:

Charmander Doll
Clefairy Doll
Pikachu Doll
Snorlax Doll

If so, what are they?

Serebii93
20th February 2006, 1:25 AM
I'm not really sure for that question. All I've ever recieved were those four. She might, but I wouldn't know...I'm not to full money.

20th February 2006, 1:54 AM
I'm not really sure for that question. All I've ever recieved were those four. She might, but I wouldn't know...I'm not to full money.

-I gave her all my money, and used the trick that hastens phone call-getting
-Then I went in 2 battles and noticed she kept getting me dolls.
-So I gave her the rest of the money (That I earnt from the 2 battles)
-I went in another battle
-She bought me the doll
-I tried it again
-It didnt work
-I went here
-I typed up the question
-I get a response from you basically saying 'I dunno'
-I typed this statement
-I clicked send
-And here I am today.

Gazmof
20th February 2006, 11:51 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me which kind of Apricorn berries turn into which kind of special Poke-balls? Also, what each special Poke-ball does. (I.E: Like the Lure Ball easily catches Pokemon you get from fishing etc.)

~;196; Fallen

Blue Apricorn = Lure Ball (Catch Pokemon on a Rod more easily)
Red Apricorn = Level Ball (Catch lower level Pokemon more easily)
Green Apricorn = Friend Ball (Caught Pokemon have their happiness raised easier)
Yellow Apricorn = Moon Ball (Catch Pokemon that evolve via Moon Stone more easily)
Pink Apricorn = Love Ball (Catch Pokemon of the opposite gender more easily)
Black Apricorn = Heavy Ball (Catch heavy Pokemon more easily)
White Apricorn = Fast Ball (Catch Pokemon that flee from battle more easily)

XRay
21st February 2006, 8:17 PM
.::Escalator::.- After I got max money and gave it to her she didn't buy anything after the snorlax doll. There are some other dolls my friend got through a cheat like big lapras and big onix.

Mini Apocalypse- Well, you do need to go to goldenrod BUT only if prof. Elm called you right after you left the mahogany gym. Go to the tower and defeat the Rockets,then go to the underground defeat some more of them, and finally return to the tower and finish 'em off. After that the man who sells ragecandy bars will let you through. BUT if Elm didn't ring you up, there is a possibility that you didn't beat one of the gym leaders. Defeat the one you missed and Elm will call. If it's none of those things, then I'm clueless.

wobbanut
21st February 2006, 10:16 PM
That's right, you have to have beaten seven gym leaders before you can go past to Blackthorn. I had beaten Pryce (#6) and didn't get a call from Professor Elm, then realized I had to go back to Olivine and beat Jasmine (#7). Then the Professor called me, right on cue. :)

Serebii93
21st February 2006, 10:25 PM
-I gave her all my money, and used the trick that hastens phone call-getting
-Then I went in 2 battles and noticed she kept getting me dolls.
-So I gave her the rest of the money (That I earnt from the 2 battles)
-I went in another battle
-She bought me the doll
-I tried it again
-It didnt work
-I went here
-I typed up the question
-I get a response from you basically saying 'I dunno'
-I typed this statement
-I clicked send
-And here I am today.
What I meant by full money was $999,999

22nd February 2006, 10:18 PM
Okay, no more dolls I can understand, but how do I activatee Mystery Gift?

Kal-El
23rd February 2006, 7:38 AM
Okay, no more dolls I can understand, but how do I activatee Mystery Gift?
If you are using a GBC, talk to a girl on the fifth floor of Goldenrod Mart.

23rd February 2006, 6:02 PM
If you are using a GBC, talk to a girl on the fifth floor of Goldenrod Mart.

I'm using an SP, it's Crystal, and I've already done that.

muckers
23rd February 2006, 6:03 PM
You're supposed to talk to her, then save and restart (the GB, not your game!). Then Mystery Gift is there.

23rd February 2006, 6:15 PM
You're supposed to talk to her, then save and restart (the GB, not your game!). Then Mystery Gift is there.

^A bit on the late side, no?

Did it.

Kal-El
23rd February 2006, 9:19 PM
I'm using an SP, it's Crystal, and I've already done that.
That's your problem. You are meant to have GBC because Mystery Gift is only supported by it's IR port.

muckers
23rd February 2006, 10:40 PM
It still appears on the options though. Obviously it won't work, but the option does still appear. Only on GBs/GB Pockets does it not appear.

Neo
25th February 2006, 12:15 PM
I have a question:
On Smogon it says that Espeon can learn Growth somehow, but all it says is 'Special*', and I have no idea how to get it. Does anyone here know???

XRay
25th February 2006, 9:59 PM
Espeon can't learn growth. I have no idea why the guys from smogon put that there. If you look up the serebiidex you'll see that there's no growth anywhere.

emeraldellie
25th February 2006, 10:22 PM
Espeon CAN learn Growth, but your Espeon can't. The only way to get one was to get an Eevee from Pokemon Center New York when they were offering it. The are also others who have moves like this, such as Lovely Kiss Snorlax.

Neo
26th February 2006, 3:37 PM
Espeon can't learn growth. I have no idea why the guys from smogon put that there. If you look up the serebiidex you'll see that there's no growth anywhere.
Hmmm.... very confusing. Maybe they've somehow found a way, because they've put it in all of their recommended movesets, but I thought it was most likely that it didn't learn Growth anyway.

EDIT: Oh, ok, so don't worry then hehe!

el buitron
27th February 2006, 9:25 PM
hey! hi, someone here know about the "mistery berry" en cristal? were i can found?

Kal-El
27th February 2006, 9:31 PM
hey! hi, someone here know about the "mistery berry" en cristal? were i can found?
It recovers PP up 10. It's across the lake just north of Goldenrod City. (First on your left when you leave the Gatehouse)

TheMusicMan
1st March 2006, 4:11 PM
In GSC Mysteryberry only restores 5 pp.

Rabóckži
1st March 2006, 7:10 PM

But if you are talking about the Miracleberry it isn't found in the game, you can only get by Mystery Gifts

Serebii93
1st March 2006, 9:03 PM
But if you are talking about the Miracleberry it isn't found in the game, you can only get by Mystery Gifts
He's talking about the Mystery Berry. Yes you can find it. HERE (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gstreeberries.html) is a list of Tree Berries.

el buitron
1st March 2006, 11:29 PM
thanks but were is the miracle berry? what heals any status condicion?

emeraldellie
1st March 2006, 11:41 PM
thanks but were is the miracle berry? what heals any status condicion?
Yes, Miracleberry heals any status condition, and like Rabóckži said, it can only be gotten via Mystery Gift.

el buitron
1st March 2006, 11:51 PM
thanks! but mistery gift? that is nasty!

Serebii93
2nd March 2006, 3:17 AM
thanks! but mistery gift? that is nasty!
What is so nasty?

el buitron
2nd March 2006, 9:30 PM
becaused my cristal for some reason don,t conect whint other games(gold, silver and cristal)

Serebii93
2nd March 2006, 9:34 PM
It will work if you use a Gameboy color. Otherwise, your doing it wrong. Go HERE (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gsmysterygift.html) for more info.

PokePaul
5th March 2006, 4:40 PM
My Gold cart has stopped keeping saved games, I'm completely distraught! Has this happened to anybody else?

I hadn't played it in a *long* while and was confused to discover it had no saved game on it - since then I've played it a few times and each time it doesn't keep the saved data!

So I checked out the Nintendo website for technical support and got this

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/trouble_specificgame.jsp#erasing

I've kept the cart in great condition and I tried the whole 'save and wait a few minutes before turning the game off' suggestion but it's not helped. So I'm assuming it's broken.

But I'm in England and there doesn't seem to be any help (as usual) on the UK site.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what I should do?

emeraldellie
5th March 2006, 7:33 PM
My Gold cart has stopped keeping saved games, I'm completely distraught! Has this happened to anybody else?

I hadn't played it in a *long* while and was confused to discover it had no saved game on it - since then I've played it a few times and each time it doesn't keep the saved data!

So I checked out the Nintendo website for technical support and got this

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/trouble_specificgame.jsp#erasing

I've kept the cart in great condition and I tried the whole 'save and wait a few minutes before turning the game off' suggestion but it's not helped. So I'm assuming it's broken.

But I'm in England and there doesn't seem to be any help (as usual) on the UK site.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what I should do?
It sounds to me like your internal battery died. I think you can send it in to Nintendo Repair Center to get it replaced, but they may have stopped doing that because the game is old. Either that, or just get a new one. There is also no way to get your data back, but you can transfer your Pokemon to Pokemon Stadium 2, and you will be able to keep them.

el buitron
7th March 2006, 12:26 AM
well, maybe this is silly but hamet me for years! what is the time machine? lent you conet whin red, blue and yelow games?

muckers
7th March 2006, 12:30 AM
well, maybe this is silly but hamet me for years! what is the time machine? lent you conet whin red, blue and yelow games?

It does exactly that. ^_^

Obviously, you can't trade accross any new Pokemom, or Pokemon with any new moves.

Kal-El
7th March 2006, 6:55 AM
or Pokemon with any new moves.

Just to point out an exception to that - Waterfall is not counted as a new move. Seaking learns it in RBY.

-Espacio-
13th March 2006, 12:17 AM
In Goldenrod City, in the radio tower, how do you get that guy that's blocking the next floor to move?

Serebii93
13th March 2006, 10:58 PM
In Goldenrod City, in the radio tower, how do you get that guy that's blocking the next floor to move?
You are going to have to continue on with your game. Defeat Gym Leader Jasmine and Gym Leader Chuck. Then Professor Elm will give you a call and you will have to go and defeat Team Rocket at the Radio Tower. While battling, the man you are talking about is gone.

Kal-El
13th March 2006, 11:11 PM
You are going to have to continue on with your game. Defeat Gym Leader Jasmine and Gym Leader Chuck. Then Professor Elm will give you a call and you will have to go and defeat Team Rocket at the Radio Tower. While battling, the man you are talking about is gone.
Actually you have to take out the Lake Of Rage tower. It's after you defeat Bryce he gives you a call.

Serebii93
13th March 2006, 11:47 PM
Actually you have to take out the Lake Of Rage tower. It's after you defeat Bryce he gives you a call.
Oh yeah, I forgot that part.

-Espacio-
14th March 2006, 1:45 AM
Ok, thank you!!!!

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th March 2006, 5:40 PM
Would levelling up pokemon in GSC (via using rare candies only) make a pokemon as strong as it would be normally if it were to be trained?

I ask because EV's don't exist in GSC so...yeah.

emeraldellie
18th March 2006, 7:51 PM
Would levelling up pokemon in GSC (via using rare candies only) make a pokemon as strong as it would be normally if it were to be trained?

EV's do exist in GSC, but in a different way, You can max out every stat, and, using the box trick, you can keep gaining them after level 100.

So, no, it would not be as strong.

Fluorescent Adolescent
19th March 2006, 2:03 PM
EV's do exist in GSC, but in a different way, You can max out every stat, and, using the box trick, you can keep gaining them after level 100.

So, no, it would not be as strong.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up ;/

Serebii93
19th March 2006, 9:53 PM
I was wondering, Does anyone know how rare/often a Skarmory appears in Silver?

Alphonse Elric
20th March 2006, 7:36 AM
Are there any more dolls your mom buys for you after the Snorlax Doll? I have:

Charmander Doll
Clefairy Doll
Pikachu Doll
Snorlax Doll

If so, what are they?
You can get all the dolls by going to Goldenrod Dept. Store rooftop, then go to the PokeDoll vending machine and press A.
Then go to your room and select DECORATIONS on the PC.
You can get:
Surf Pikachu Doll
Oddish Doll
Zubat Doll
Onix Doll
Marill Doll (not sure)
and lots more.

You can also...
Change your bed to "Pikachu Design"
Put a plant in your room
Get either Blue Carpet or Red Carpet
Put a SNES 2 or N64 in your room

There's more, but I forgot.

XRay
20th March 2006, 12:19 PM
You can get all the dolls by going to Goldenrod Dept. Store rooftop, then go to the PokeDoll vending machine and press A.
Then go to your room and select DECORATIONS on the PC.
You can get:
Surf Pikachu Doll
Oddish Doll
Zubat Doll
Onix Doll
Marill Doll (not sure)
and lots more.

You can also...
Put a plant in your room

ROTFLMAO. Would you mind telling me where you got that from?!

Alphonse Elric
20th March 2006, 1:40 PM
ROTFLMAO. Would you mind telling me where you got that from?!
Simple. I did it. I was curious about the Doll Machine, so I checked it out. Then when I checked my PC, I had all these cool stuff in them. The Onix Doll is really cool. XD

XRay
20th March 2006, 11:07 PM
Sorry, but that can't be. Did you use a gameshark? My friend has all the stuff you mentioned earlier and he used a gameshark to get them. I even trying doing what you said (and I still can't believe that I actually did that) and didn't get anything. Oh, BTW, my friend's onix doll looks cool, but I like his Lapras doll even better.

Alphonse Elric
21st March 2006, 6:20 AM
Sorry, but that can't be. Did you use a gameshark? My friend has all the stuff you mentioned earlier and he used a gameshark to get them. I even trying doing what you said (and I still can't believe that I actually did that) and didn't get anything. Oh, BTW, my friend's onix doll looks cool, but I like his Lapras doll even better.
Gameshark? Impossible! My Crystal version was an original, but I really did get that stuff. Maybe it's the unedited Japanese kind?
I NEVER USE GAMESHARKS.

XRay
21st March 2006, 7:04 AM
Wait a sec, your playing a Japanese version? In that case I apologize coz I don't know anything about it. I assumed it was English...

Iveechan
15th April 2006, 5:58 AM
Just a really quick question. If a Pokemon gets Pokerus but then heals from it (resulting in the black dot), are the effects of the ev increase still there? Some places say it is, but I'd like a definate answer.

SuperShadow
15th April 2006, 3:53 PM
Just a really quick question. If a Pokemon gets Pokerus but then heals from it (resulting in the black dot), are the effects of the ev increase still there? Some places say it is, but I'd like a definate answer.

I do believe so, or else what's the point of pokerus!

The Mighty Wurmple
29th April 2006, 6:28 AM
You can also...
Put a plant in your room

How do you do that?

edit: Also, teh Vending Machine says that it''s also empty do I can't get anything. When's it full?

emeraldellie
29th April 2006, 6:53 AM
I think you can get all those from Mystery Gift. The vending machine seems like it would be a Japanese-only feature, but I don't really know.

Serebii93
29th April 2006, 7:16 AM
How do you do that?

edit: Also, teh Vending Machine says that it''s also empty do I can't get anything. When's it full?
Explain this vending machine. Is it in Goldenrod?

The Mighty Wurmple
29th April 2006, 7:17 AM
The Vending Machine on the top floor(the rooftop) of the Goldenrod shopping place.
It's the one right on the top and it's supposed to give out dolls.

Serebii93
29th April 2006, 7:19 AM
The Vending Machine on the top floor(the rooftop) of the Goldenrod shopping place.
It's the one right on the top and it's supposed to give out dolls.
What version are you playing? There aren't any vending machines in Goldenrod that give out dolls.

The Mighty Wurmple
29th April 2006, 7:21 AM
English Crystal. They're on the rooftop of the Goldenrod Shopping centre thing on the top-far left

Serebii93
29th April 2006, 7:26 AM
English Crystal. They're on the rooftop of the Goldenrod Shopping centre thing on the top-far left
Hmm...I don't recall there ever being a Vending machine in Crystal that gave out dolls...

The Mighty Wurmple
29th April 2006, 7:34 AM
Look for yourself, you'll find one.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 7:19 PM

Unfortunitly no, when you do that the pokemon doesnt gain as much stat points as a normally trained pokemon, i know this since i use to use gameshark to get infinite rare candys.

Pokemon4Ever
20th May 2006, 7:19 AM
Sorry if someon asked this but how do you get past the whirlpools by the whirl islands? If it's a TM or HM or whatever, then where can I get it?

Serebii93
20th May 2006, 7:28 AM
You need to beat Team Rocket at their hideout in Mohagany Town. Then Lance gives HM 7 Whirlpool to you.

Pokemon4Ever
20th May 2006, 8:41 AM
How do you get to Mohagany?

Serebii93
20th May 2006, 9:34 AM
You Surf to the left from Ecruteak, then go up to the Lake of Rage, then you battle the Gyarodos[sp?] and Lance tells you to meat him in the Hideout, so you go back down, which is Mohagany, then you kill TR, then He hands it over.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gswalkthrough.html
Go there for the Walkthrough.

Pokemon4Ever
20th May 2006, 10:05 AM
ok, thanks for the help!

Missingno. Master
21st May 2006, 3:41 PM
OK, I'm trying to trade between Blue and Silver. But for some reason, the link keeps closing due to inactivity. And yes, all the Pokemon in my Silver party are of the original 151, and have no newer moves. How do I fix this?

muckers
21st May 2006, 4:31 PM
Argh, I need help - I'm playing Crystal and I'm trying to catch Suicine.

I saved outside the tower with 25 great balls, 24 ultra balls, a friend ball, a moon ball, a level ball and the master ball (which I'm not gonna use, obviously).

My team is pretty weak at the minute - they're all between level 33 and 36. But I've managed to do the following:

- Get Suicune down to 1hp.

- Reduce his attack, accuracy and defence so they can't be reduced anymore

- Put him to sleep.

But I've been throwing ultra balls and great balls at him for a while now, and he just doesn't stay inside!

So frustrating! >.<

AJ Flibble
21st May 2006, 4:33 PM
Argh, I need help - I'm playing Crystal and I'm trying to catch Suicine.

I saved outside the tower with 25 great balls, 24 ultra balls, a friend ball, a moon ball, a level ball and the master ball (which I'm not gonna use, obviously).

My team is pretty weak at the minute - they're all between level 33 and 36. But I've managed to do the following:

- Get Suicune down to 1hp.

- Reduce his attack, accuracy and defence so they can't be reduced anymore

- Put him to sleep.

But I've been throwing ultra balls and great balls at him for a while now, and he just doesn't stay inside!

So frustrating! >.<

Just persist. It's the only way. Oh, and the Ultra Balls are the most useful out of the ones you've got - get more.

muckers
21st May 2006, 4:36 PM
Yes! The little bugger finally gave in! Took 7 Great Balls and 12 Ultra Balls. That was this battle - there'd been two before where I'd run out of balls.

AJ Flibble
23rd May 2006, 4:38 PM
Yes. You just have to encounter them and get lucky. I still haven't seen Raikou but have both Entei AND Suicune in Crystal.

AJ Flibble
23rd May 2006, 4:41 PM
Yes, they'll be running round still. It's just you get to catch Suicune the normal way, and you need all three to get Ho-oh.

Super Wario 64
6th June 2006, 2:12 PM
In Crystal, Is the thing with the Celedon Game Corner Basement and the Silph Scope true?

AJ Flibble
6th June 2006, 5:00 PM
Eh? There's no Silph Scope, and there's no Rocket base in Game Corner, if that's what you mean.

deathrowdomino
6th June 2006, 6:33 PM
can someone tell me the path to lugia

P_S_B
8th June 2006, 9:11 AM
Go into the island closest to Olivine, the path is pretty easy to follow, when you go down a few ladders, you'll come to a waterfall, surf down the waterfall, don't worry if you don't have waterfall, just use escape rope to get out when done. Lugia will be in a cave at the bottom of the waterfall, provided you have the Silver Wing.

De HotShot Mon
11th June 2006, 8:23 AM
Is there any way to get Eevee's happiness to the max apart from giving it haircuts?

P_S_B
11th June 2006, 1:25 PM
Is there any way to get Eevee's happiness to the max apart from giving it haircuts?

If you can go to Pallet town, Blue's sister will groom a Pokemon for you, provided that you go between 3pm and 4pm. That should help. It should also go up if you give it an item to hold.

Esperon
19th June 2006, 11:42 PM
What are the one time catchers in Silver version for GBC? i know about Lugia and i think Magmar cos i've seen him once but not since...

Kal-El
19th June 2006, 11:53 PM
Magmar is there. He appears in the Burned Tower.

Ho-Oh
Suicune
Entei
Raikou
Sudowoodo

Not sure of the other ones.

Esperon
20th June 2006, 12:07 AM
ok, i'll look for another magmar. thank you :D

Esperon
20th June 2006, 11:30 PM
ok, i have another question, where do you find the stones? in particular fire stones? this is for silver on GBC.
thanx in advance :)

Kal-El
20th June 2006, 11:48 PM
ok, i have another question, where do you find the stones? in particular fire stones? this is for silver on GBC.
thanx in advance :)
If memory serves me correctly, you can find the Stones at Bill's House on Cerulean's Cape. His grandfather will be there and describe a Pokémon. You must show it to him.

In no particular order, this should be it:
Lickitung to get Everstone
Growlithe (Or Vulpix) to get Fire Stone
Staryu to get Water Stone
Oddish (I think) to get Leaf Stone

Esperon
21st June 2006, 12:11 AM
thanx, i think it's vulpix cos i don't think you can capture a growlithe on silver GBC...the game doesn't know where it lives...however i think it might say the same for tangela but i've found a few of those...ok, this may seem stupid, but will i find likitung in the grass or in a tree on route 44? i've searched there for hours to find one but i think i'm looking in the wrong area (tree/grass)

Kal-El
21st June 2006, 12:42 AM
thanx, i think it's vulpix cos i don't think you can capture a growlithe on silver GBC...the game doesn't know where it lives...however i think it might say the same for tangela but i've found a few of those...ok, this may seem stupid, but will i find likitung in the grass or in a tree on route 44? i've searched there for hours to find one but i think i'm looking in the wrong area (tree/grass)
East (To the right) of Mahogony Town, there is a huge area (Possibly Route 44) with mostly trainers and a lake. Surf to the middle of the lake and there will be a grassy area. Likitung will be there.

celebi_rocks
21st June 2006, 9:20 AM
i have a problem with saving my game in gold. its pretty old i got it when it first came out and until recently it was just there so i started my game over but when i save it and turn it of and turn it on its like i didnt save it it starts over introducin the porf and pokemon and that jazz. and its happened more then once in a row maybe three times and i cant fix it. any suggestions on what may be wrong??

AJ Flibble
21st June 2006, 11:08 AM
Chances are the internal battery might have died and your game is pretty much no longer playable - there's little you can do.

jordman
21st June 2006, 12:59 PM
can someone help me in crystal? i am at the 4th gym leader, Morty, but i only have 3 pokemon and i can't find any good ones that will help me a lot through the game....

pokemon i have:

corsola lvl 20
slowpoke lvl 22
bayleef lvl 26

is there any good spots to catch good pokemon that can help me through the game all the way until the trainer named red?

AJ Flibble
21st June 2006, 1:37 PM
Um, Geodude, despite it's major weaknesses is decent, especially if you can trade for Golem. Magnitude will own Morty hopefully, and it learns Earthquake naturally so you don't have to waste the TM. Not to mention Self Destruct/Explosion is a good last-ditch attempt to kill your opponent.

They're easy to find - try a cave.

Abra on the routes near Goldenrod could help too if you teach it the elemental punches and then learn Confusion when it evolves. Again, you'll have to trade for 'Zam though. useful against Morty, but you also have a weakness.

jordman
21st June 2006, 1:46 PM
ok, thanks for the info, but can golem really be a good pokemon to use all the way until the end of the game?

AJ Flibble
21st June 2006, 1:49 PM
Yes it can. If you caught Sudowoodo and it was male, you could train that until it learns Rock Slide to breed with a female Geodude, or you could just have Geodude with Rock Throw. Your choice.

Golem is not that bad actually, and it can help.

jordman
21st June 2006, 10:56 PM
ok thanks for the info! is there any pokemon that are good around ectruteak city?

AJ Flibble
21st June 2006, 11:11 PM
Abra can be found on Routes 34/35 (I think, directly above and below Goldenrod) and Geodude can be found in Mt. Mortar.

jordman
22nd June 2006, 2:02 AM
ok thanks for the info!

Esperon
26th June 2006, 2:07 PM
Ok, i've got a L60 Pigeot, soon approaching L61 where i know it will learn Mirror move. It's current moves are
Fly
Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Gust
I know that Fly is quite useless in battle(except against a foe that is known to selfdestruct on the 1st move) but i use it too much out of battle to lose that move. Which move do you think i should delete for mirror move or should i stick with these and not learn Mirror Move?

berty106
26th June 2006, 2:24 PM
if anything gust.
wing attack is more powerfull and with a high pp your not going to run out.
gust is just a week, iferior version that is really not needed.
you could get rid of fly,but as its ingame it doesnt matter as much.
quick attack has its uses if you need to get in first as pigeot isnt thee fasted pokemon =]
IMO gust ^^

Esperon
26th June 2006, 2:54 PM
gust it is then! thanx very much for the advice :D

Flame Haze SnS
27th June 2006, 12:56 AM
I have hatched over 20 Charmanders and 20 Eevees and still didn't get shiny by breeding Shiny Ditto and Charizard/Vaporeon. The chance of getting shiny by breed pokemon from shiny Ditto is 1/64. Why?

emeraldellie
27th June 2006, 6:18 PM
I have hatched over 20 Charmanders and 20 Eevees and still didn't get shiny by breeding Shiny Ditto and Charizard/Vaporeon. The chance of getting shiny by breed pokemon from shiny Ditto is 1/64. Why?
You're unlucky. It will work eventually, but, like everything else, it's luck.

Escheria
5th July 2006, 10:09 AM
Can anyone help me how to speed up the breeeding process?
I get only "It shows interest in *insert pokemon name here*" and with this the amount of produces eggs is low + they hatch very slowly ._. I dont get it how to make the pokies love my Ditto (omg :D)

EDIT: I just noticed that the trade machines in my crystal dont work o_o How can I fix this, if I have already met Bill in the Ecruteak pokemon center o_o

emeraldellie
6th July 2006, 2:12 AM
Can anyone help me how to speed up the breeeding process?
I get only "It shows interest in *insert pokemon name here*" and with this the amount of produces eggs is low + they hatch very slowly ._. I dont get it how to make the pokies love my Ditto (omg :D)

EDIT: I just noticed that the trade machines in my crystal dont work o_o How can I fix this, if I have already met Bill in the Ecruteak pokemon center o_o
First one, nothing to do. You can't make eggs hatch faster. The fastest way to make them produce eggs is to get two Pokemon of the same species from different ID's.

They should work the day after you talk to Bill.

BlisseyBomb
6th July 2006, 7:20 AM
I have a question, I am traning my level 35-39 leveled pokemon, I have reached the elite 4 and get DESTROYED, where should I train my Pokemon for a while, also what levels should they be before I face the elite 4?

Golden Latios
6th July 2006, 7:24 AM
I have a question, I am traning my level 35-39 leveled pokemon, I have reached the elite 4 and get DESTROYED, where should I train my Pokemon for a while, also what levels should they be before I face the elite 4?
You should train your Pokemon with Trainers you feel are strong and have their Phone Numbers. I would train in Victory Road. Your Pokemon should be atleast 50 or higher in my opinion if you want to give the Elite Four a whooping. :P

BlisseyBomb
6th July 2006, 7:33 AM
Ok, thanks alot, also, I am trying to catch suicun (sp?) and I am having trouble, I got his damage into red and used (in order) 2 pokeballs, 7 greatballs, and 28 ultraballs but still cant catch it, when I get a pokemon with hypnosis, it always gets attacked first and dies, any advice?

Golden Latios
6th July 2006, 7:41 AM
Ok, thanks alot, also, I am trying to catch suicun (sp?) and I am having trouble, I got his damage into red and used (in order) 2 pokeballs, 7 greatballs, and 28 ultraballs but still cant catch it, when I get a pokemon with hypnosis, it always gets attacked first and dies, any advice?
No problem :D Anyway, I would suggest you obviously getting a Pokemon that has the Move Mean Look, and has a very good Speed Stat. I would use Crobat and teach it Mean Look. Also, make sure you always use Ultra Balls.

gscsquirtlefan
6th July 2006, 8:29 AM
for the legendary beasts i used a high level haunter with quick claw for mean look and hypnosis, but crobat would probably be better for the mean look purpose. i also bring along heavy balls and fast balls, though i dont know if they do anything more than ultra balls.

and false swipe is very helpful when it gets low enough. scyther or marowak does the job.

muckers
6th July 2006, 6:05 PM
No problem :D Anyway, I would suggest you obviously getting a Pokemon that has the Move Mean Look, and has a very good Speed Stat. I would use Crobat and teach it Mean Look. Also, make sure you always use Ultra Balls.

Mean Look is virtually useless against the legendary dogs, since they know Roar which will over-ride Mean Look.

The way I did it was to put the dog to sleep, use my Scyther's False Swipe and then use as many ultra balls as I could.

BlisseyBomb
6th July 2006, 10:07 PM
I have another question, What kind of attacks are strong against ghost pokemon (mainly Gengar) I am trying to beat the Elite 4

Meganium Ex
8th July 2006, 7:28 PM
I have a question. How exactly do you "soft reset"? Thanks for any help

I have another question, What kind of attacks are strong against ghost pokemon (mainly Gengar) I am trying to beat the Elite 4
You should've used a type chart, but meh

Strong Attacks on Gengar include: Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Ground :)

Kal-El
8th July 2006, 11:03 PM
I have a question. How exactly do you "soft reset"?

If you're asking what I think you're asking, while in-game hold down A + B + Select + Start. It will bring you back to the opening credits ('99 GameFreak, etc.).

I don't think it works on GBA though. =/

muckers
8th July 2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think it works on GBA though. =/

Ohhh yes it does!
[/panto style]

Pure
11th July 2006, 4:33 PM
Soft resetting is the same on GB, GBC and GBA.

TYRANITAR_X
12th July 2006, 6:43 AM
why wont protein and the other ones that boost my pokemon stats work.

Kal-El
12th July 2006, 7:11 AM
Soft reset does work on GBA, you're right. I'm just a silly goose. :P

why wont protein and the other ones that boost my pokemon stats work.

After you've used several on one Pokémon they don't work. I'm not really sure though.

Kingudora
12th July 2006, 1:45 PM
where do i find teddiusa in crystal?
i think its dark cave but ive not found it
(ive just started playing crystal, so i dont have a clue)

Kal-El
12th July 2006, 2:06 PM
Teddiursa - Dark Cave (Violet City and Blackthorn City Sides), Morning. There are few Teddiursa though.

Kingudora
12th July 2006, 2:14 PM
no now i must wait its day now
i wait til night then i can catch a poliwag

BlisseyBomb
12th July 2006, 11:25 PM
I have another question, I have crystal, and I dont know If I should use the master ball on Ho-oh or Lugia.

Kal-El
12th July 2006, 11:50 PM
I have another question, I have crystal, and I dont know If I should use the master ball on Ho-oh or Lugia.
You are in a pickle. Both Lugia and Ho-oh are at LV60, and Suicune, Raikou and Entei are at 40. It's up to you really since there isn't really one you can use it on.

TaskMast3r
13th July 2006, 1:05 AM
HOLD THAT MASTER BALL! You can always duplicate your master ball using the clone cheat on pokemon just give the master ball to a pokemon and do the clone cheat and you get two master balls. One for lugia and one for ho-oh.
PROBLEM SOLVED

Kyrix
13th July 2006, 1:39 AM
But be carful the duplicating trick could mess up the pokemon duplicated by giving it different names, different pokemon altogether, or give you the teru-sama which you can use to get celebi but celebi could be messed up

Kingudora
14th July 2006, 8:36 PM
on which time do meet skarmory on?

Kal-El
15th July 2006, 12:09 AM
Gold - Doesn't appear
Silver - Any time on Route 45 (Under Blackthorn City).
Crystal - Morning or Day on Route 45

Serebii93
15th July 2006, 1:06 AM
I'm not sure if this goes here or not, but here goes:

Lately, as in the last week, I've been having dreams that my Gold cartridge keeps dying, as in the Internal Battery. I dream that when I turn off my GBA SP, it gets all glitchy and stays on. Then after a fair amount of glitching, it shuts off. So, out of curiosity, I turn it back on. My Internal Battery had died. I cried.
This has been a dream for about three or four days now. Do I need help? Or do I need a CAT-SCAN?

Kingudora
15th July 2006, 1:18 AM
Gold - Doesn't appear
Silver - Any time on Route 45 (Under Blackthorn City).
Crystal - Morning or Day on Route 45
not so weird it didnt appear in the night

can you find water stone Before e4? (it took me some hours for me to understand that i couldnt in crystal trade poliwhirl in vbalink)

emeraldellie
15th July 2006, 10:54 PM
not so weird it didnt appear in the night

can you find water stone Before e4? (it took me some hours for me to understand that i couldnt in crystal trade poliwhirl in vbalink)
I don't think so, unless you trade from another version.

Ash's Pika Pal
21st July 2006, 3:12 AM
What happened to my Silver game?

When ever I go into a battle the wild Pokemon won't make their crys?

Is my game dying? If not what happened.

emeraldellie
24th July 2006, 6:49 PM
What happened to my Silver game?

When ever I go into a battle the wild Pokemon won't make their crys?

Is my game dying? If not what happened.
It's possible that your game's dying, but that usually affects the clock. Do you have Battle Animations enabled? I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not, but it's worth a try.

Ash's Pika Pal
24th July 2006, 10:16 PM
I have my Battle scene on, if that's what you mean. But, how would that make a difference?

Kal-El
24th July 2006, 11:22 PM
This sounds stupid but are you sure you have your volume up?

Zora
25th July 2006, 1:22 AM
In Silver, when exactly can you catch Suicune? What level?

Somebody
25th July 2006, 1:25 AM
In Silver, when exactly can you catch Suicune? What level?
Its at level 40, and you are able to randomly find it in the wild(and therefore catch it) once you see it in the basement of the Burned Tower(located in Ecruteak).

Ash's Pika Pal
25th July 2006, 4:06 AM
Kal-El, yes I have my volume up. I even tried using it on different wild Pokemon.

Zora
25th July 2006, 4:24 AM
Its at level 40, and you are able to randomly find it in the wild(and therefore catch it) once you see it in the basement of the Burned Tower(located in Ecruteak).

That early? Sometime during the fourth city w/ badge?

XRay
25th July 2006, 9:57 AM
No, not that early. I believe you misunderstood. After you beat your rival in the Burnt tower you fall into a hole. Then walk up and wake up the beasts - you don't catch them yet. After that you can find them randomly in the wild.

Somebody
25th July 2006, 9:15 PM
No, not that early. I believe you misunderstood. After you beat your rival in the Burnt tower you fall into a hole. Then walk up and wake up the beasts - you don't catch them yet. After that you can find them randomly in the wild.
Actually, thats only in Crystal. In Silver, you fight him as soon as you enter the tower and you just go to the hole yourself(I believe you need Rock Smash).

shirokiryuu
4th August 2006, 11:54 AM
um.. i'm new here, but i've been playing Pokemon for a while

this perplexes me for a few years that i've been playing crystal. I just got the idea to ask it now.

In the National Park in Goldenrod, there's this mysterious out of reach item. does anyone know how to get it? (or redirect me to a place i can find out)

http://i1.*******.com/23kx110.jpg

muckers
4th August 2006, 12:00 PM

this perplexes me for a few years that i've been playing crystal. I just got the idea to ask it now.

In the National Park in Goldenrod, there's this mysterious out of reach item. does anyone know how to get it? (or redirect me to a place i can find out)

You've even subliminally drawn the solution in your picture. ^_^

See the top row of 'fence'? Well, those rounded blocks that stop you getting through more specifcally. There isn't one at the very end - you can just walk through there, IIRC.

If not, check the rest of the fences all around - there's gaps in them that you can walk through. :)

Pikachu & Bonsly master
4th August 2006, 2:23 PM

There is i part where there is no fence.

shirokiryuu
5th August 2006, 3:04 AM
You've even subliminally drawn the solution in your picture. ^_^

See the top row of 'fence'? Well, those rounded blocks that stop you getting through more specifcally. There isn't one at the very end - you can just walk through there, IIRC.

If not, check the rest of the fences all around - there's gaps in them that you can walk through. :)
WOW! thanks! haha

*amazed that the solution was so easy*

are there any other places that use this lack of fence?

Fez the Mysfit Elf
5th August 2006, 4:20 AM
Okay, I've recently restarted my Gold game, and I kind of forgot some things.

Mainly, how do I get Ho-oh? I want him for when I battle Pryce (who I'm at), and I know I need the Rainbow wing, and I know I get it in the radio tower in Goldenrod city, but there's some idiot standing in front of the door to the third floor, so I can't get to the director, who I think gives me the wing. My question is, how do I get the jerk to move? I really have no idea, so if someone could help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

muckers
5th August 2006, 2:04 PM
WOW! thanks! haha

*amazed that the solution was so easy*

are there any other places that use this lack of fence?

No problem. :)

I think (only think, I'm not 100% sure) that there's another item tucked away amidst some trees on the other side of the park. Goe through the fence like you did before and just follow it round to the left hand side until you have to go down.

Go down, through some trees and right at the bottom I think that there is an item.

Krys
7th August 2006, 6:15 PM
What's the Update item used for?

Somebody
7th August 2006, 8:02 PM
Okay, I've recently restarted my Gold game, and I kind of forgot some things.

Mainly, how do I get Ho-oh? I want him for when I battle Pryce (who I'm at), and I know I need the Rainbow wing, and I know I get it in the radio tower in Goldenrod city, but there's some idiot standing in front of the door to the third floor, so I can't get to the director, who I think gives me the wing. My question is, how do I get the jerk to move? I really have no idea, so if someone could help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
You can't go to the upper floors of the Radio Tower until Team Rocket comes. And for them to do that, you'll need to have the first 7 badges, which means you can't have Ho-oh until you beat Pryce.

Kal-El
7th August 2006, 11:29 PM
What's the Update item used for?

If you mean Upgrade if Given to Porygon, trade it over to another G/S/C version and it will evolve into Porygon2.

shirokiryuu
8th August 2006, 10:11 AM
No problem. :)

I think (only think, I'm not 100% sure) that there's another item tucked away amidst some trees on the other side of the park. Goe through the fence like you did before and just follow it round to the left hand side until you have to go down.

Go down, through some trees and right at the bottom I think that there is an item.

I found it shortly after. It was Dig, an item i've pondered it's absence.

Also another question, where in Crystal can you get a water stone? I can't remember the stores that sell them/people who give it to you. all i know is that even with all the badges i don't have a water stone.

SabrE
8th August 2006, 10:51 AM
You have to beat the Pokemon league, then go to Kanto, When you get to Ceruleon, go north up nugget bridge and go to Bills house. The man inside will describe a Pokemon and you have to catch and show it him. Here are the Pokemon that get you the stones:

Lickytung = Everstone
Vulpix = Firestone (Silver)
Growlithe = Firestone (Gold)
Oddish = Leafstone
Staryu = Waterstone
Pichu = Thunderstone.

Hope this helps. :)

Pochaki
14th August 2006, 9:28 PM
Hi~
do you guys know how to get RAIKOU in Crystal?

i've just start picking up to play my old crystal game file again and i have already forgot where to get the special pokemons...Raikou is the only legendary 'dog' I'm missing~~

thanks in advance! ^^

Kal-El
15th August 2006, 12:34 AM
I assume you caught Suicune and Entei in Crystal then? If so, Raikou will be running around Johto somewhere.

Pochaki
16th August 2006, 12:28 AM
I assume you caught Suicune and Entei in Crystal then? If so, Raikou will be running around Johto somewhere.

yea I have already caught the other two. =D
can u please tell me a way on how to find Raikou easier? cuz I remember there was a trick to find it (just like Suicune and Entei)....^^"

CRYSTALCELEBI
16th August 2006, 12:42 AM
When i was trading my 2 pokemon from blue version, to my gold version, I got the pokemon in gold and they were holding a silver leaf and a gold leaf.Can anyone explain what these are?

Somebody
16th August 2006, 3:54 AM
When i was trading my 2 pokemon from blue version, to my gold version, I got the pokemon in gold and they were holding a silver leaf and a gold leaf.Can anyone explain what these are?
When trading pokemon from R/B to G/S/C certain pokemon will carry exclusive yet worthless items such as gold and silver leafs.

ThePokeMasta
16th August 2006, 9:26 PM
Yea i always wondered what those were for =D

Vertical Bird
24th August 2006, 6:02 PM
ERRR stuck in the ice cave you know that big icey room with a item and a ladder in the middle I need help with that part, thanks

~Bent~
24th August 2006, 6:58 PM
Climb up the ladder and push all the rocks in the holes. Then go down the ladder, slide on the ice (make sure you're in a position to hit a rock), then go down, left, up, and right to make it to the middle.

AncientMew
29th August 2006, 11:54 PM
Does anyone know if you can change the clock battery on silver version, I just bought it and I'm not that pleased I spent Ł10 on some thing that does't work.

~Bent~
30th August 2006, 3:52 AM
There are ways to change the battery. Here's a method done by a guy from GameFAQs:
Well, I was bored this morning and thought: "I haven't played Pokemon Gold in a while." So I dug it out from under my bed, plugged it in to my GB and turned it on. Hmm no save file that's odd, oh well, I was gonna start a new game anyway. After awhile I save and quit so I can take a break. A little bit later I turn my gameboy back on. No save file!! I try a few times on both Gold and Silver. Same thing. So I search Google to see what my problem is. I find out that my internal battery has died!

But there is no way to fix it? Every site I go to says that my game is ruined, all I can do is buy a new one or send it off to Nintendo for repair!......wait a minute....Nintendo can repair it? I'm just as good if not better at fixing stuff than Nintendo, I bet I can fix it! And I did! Now you can too!

Things you need:

-Pokemon G/S

-New battery: CR2025 or DL2025

-really small needle nose pliers

-soldering iron/solder

-electrical tape

Ok here we go, I didn't know how to get images to work so just copy and paste the url's to your address bar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/drdna/tools.jpg

First you have to take your cartrige apart. It only has one screw but it has a weird head. I used really small needle nose pliers to take it out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../takeapart.jpg

Ok now that we have it apart lets take a look. There's the battery, notice how it has a yellow lining around the edge? Also take note on how the positive side is face down, we don't want to put the new battery in backwards. It's soldered to metal tabs on the top and bottom too. To get it out, I pulled on the tab firmly but gentle not to damage anything. It's a little difficult because you have to break the solder. You have to do this to the top and bottom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ovebattery.jpg

Ok, now the old dead battery is gone! Take a break and plug in your soldering iron.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...atterygone.jpg

And here's our new battery.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...newbattery.jpg

I wrapped a small strip of electrical tape around the edge of the battery to imitate the yellow band. It prevents the battery from touching other parts in the cartridge.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...na/battery.jpg

Now this was my first time soldering anything, but I think it turned out alright, and hey...it works! Now remember, postive side face down against the board! Solder the tabs on both sides and voila!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/soldered.jpg

Put the board back in the cartridge. Careful, it's a pretty tight fit if you have no soldering skills like me. Put the screw back in the back of the cartridge, and enjoy! I don't know how long it will last, hopefully a couple years like the original battery. So far mine still works but it's only been a couple of hours. Well enjoy!The pictures don't seem to work anymore, but I'm sure if you know someone who can solder he can help you.

AncientMew
30th August 2006, 12:50 PM
thanks Bent, My Dad seems to know what to do with it after reading that.
Thanks

Arcanine9248
23rd September 2006, 7:05 AM
what does happines i mean, what do i need to do to togapie to make it evolve?

Mse Ownage
23rd September 2006, 7:31 AM
happenis is lucky lvl
just make it happy by never let it die give if just 2 hp lower then his max already full restore bring at the men in goldenrod city etc.. etc..

~hope i helped~

Typhlosion-77
23rd September 2006, 9:46 PM
how long until the internal battery dies in this game?

Miyakazumi
3rd October 2006, 7:35 AM
happenis is lucky lvl
just make it happy by never let it die give if just 2 hp lower then his max already full restore bring at the men in goldenrod city etc.. etc..

~hope i helped~
X_X That was the first thing I noticed when I got into the thread. ;(

ANYWAY.
I've recently restarted playing crystal so:

What's the best thing to evolve Eevee into in Crystal?
AND
My team currently consists of;
Golbat Lv27, Croconaw Lv27, Growlithe Lv25, Nidorino Lv25, Skiploom Lv18, and the Eevee from Bill.

Should I replace any of these pokemon for a better one? If so, which? ._.

[is nub at pokemon]

~Bent~
4th October 2006, 1:06 AM
Evolve Eevee into anything. If you get a Ditto, you can breed for as many as you want. You don't need Flareon or Vaporeon, since you've got Croconaw and Growlithe, but you may want an Espeon and possibly Jolteon to replace Golbat and Skiploom.

You really don't need a full team unless you're playing competitively. Just level up four Pokemon and you'll fine throughout the game.

Erus Black Mage
7th October 2006, 3:51 AM
is there a way to change time on Crystal? or atleast to change the day of the week?

~Bent~
7th October 2006, 5:03 AM
No, not on Crystal. You can in Gold and Silver.

Neko-chan
10th October 2006, 2:55 PM
Can i get lugia and ho-oh in crystal?
Yes n00b question or no.
I don't need a smartass answer or sarcasm, just a yes or no.

~Bent~
10th October 2006, 3:17 PM
Yes, you can get both Lugia and Ho-oh in Crystal. You'll need the Silver Wing from Pewter City and the Rainbow Wing from catching all three Legendary Beasts (Suicune, Raikou, Entei).

In other words, it's a pain getting Ho-oh in Crystal version, yes.

Neko-chan
10th October 2006, 4:44 PM
Can you tell me how exactly that works out?
When do i go to pewter city to get the silver wing and where do i take it?
And if/when i catch the legendary beasts, do i keep them all in my party and talk to someone or do i automatically get the rainbow wing?
Thanks.

~Bent~
11th October 2006, 3:19 AM
In Pewter City, go to the east end of town and look for an old man. Talk to him to get the Silver Wing. From there, head to the Whirl Islands in Johto and enter the northeast one. Make sure you have Flash, as I can't remember the directions. (Waterfall's also a good bet, though I can't remember for sure.)

Once you catch the Beasts, I'm fairly sure you need them in your party, so you may want to stick them in there. When you have all three (note that you must have caught the three wild ones on your own file -- you can trade over from other games to get locations in the Pokedex, but you must catch the ones in Crystal to unlock this), go to Celadon City's Pokemon Center and talk to Eusine, then go to the Tin Tower in Ecruteak.

Swampert Trainer
12th October 2006, 9:49 PM
How do your pokemon get egg moves?Do they have to be at a certain level?Please reply.

Pochaki
13th October 2006, 8:51 PM
In Pewter City, go to the east end of town and look for an old man. Talk to him to get the Silver Wing. From there, head to the Whirl Islands in Johto and enter the northeast one. Make sure you have Flash, as I can't remember the directions. (Waterfall's also a good bet, though I can't remember for sure.)

Once you catch the Beasts, I'm fairly sure you need them in your party, so you may want to stick them in there. When you have all three (note that you must have caught the three wild ones on your own file -- you can trade over from other games to get locations in the Pokedex, but you must catch the ones in Crystal to unlock this), go to Celadon City's Pokemon Center and talk to Eusine, then go to the Tin Tower in Ecruteak.

wow, that's cool cuz I never knew I can get Ho-ho in Crystal. xD

anyways...I'm still missing Raikou and I wanted to know if is there a 'way' I can make it easier for me to see him in the wild...cuz I've been searching for him for YEARS...and he's still not appearing...any ideas? thanks~

~Bent~
19th October 2006, 2:37 AM
How do your pokemon get egg moves?Do they have to be at a certain level?Please reply.To get an egg move, we need two Pokemon. The father has to know the egg move (though it doesn't have to be of the same species as the mother -- thus, the father can get the move through TM or level-up). After breeding, and assuming the child can learn the move as an "egg move," the child should know the egg move.

kstar
20th October 2006, 5:51 AM
I'm playin the crystal version for the first time, and after looking at a few walkthroughs to help me through one part I realized I got some badges in the wrong order, so my question is:

how do i get past that guy selling RAGECANDYBAR in Mahogany City?
thanks

edit: also, how do i get past the guy who's guarding the dock, so I can get to the island (can't remember the name, its in the bottom left of the map)?

~Bent~
20th October 2006, 5:57 AM
The man who sells Ragecandybars will move after you have seven badges.

You can't use the port until after you beat the game. However, you can use Surf at the beach to reach Cianwood City.

kstar
20th October 2006, 4:43 PM
^sweet, thanks a lot for the help.;107;

The Thrashmeister
22nd October 2006, 1:41 AM
I obtained Gold from a friend a few months ago, and started playing it again recently. However, when I got it, the game was pretty much three/fourths completed, so I don't know much about it. I do have some queries though:

1) In some city in Johto (forgot what it was), there's this boy in a house that tells me that he's no longer in danger, and that he wants his Pokemon back.

I have no idea what Pokemon he wants. x_x

2) What exactly is the significance of finding the Berserk Gene? Does this signify an appearance by Mewtwo, or no?

Remember, I've never played G/S/C before, so forgive me if these are simple questions. :(

P_S_B
22nd October 2006, 11:21 AM
I know both these awnsers:

1. In Cianwood City (the one on the island with the fighting gym) you received a Shuckle from a guy because he felt in danger after being attacked by your rival. He wants the Shuckle named Shuckie, with OT/MANIA.

2. It's just a quirk item for trainers who remeber R/B/Y, it doesn't signify a return of Mewtwo. Mewtwo is not obtainable with cheating or trading.

juggernaut911
30th October 2006, 2:17 AM
can u trade from crystal to emerald???

Erus Black Mage
30th October 2006, 2:50 AM
Where can I get the Thunderstone in Crystal?

~Bent~
30th October 2006, 4:26 AM
can u trade from crystal to emerald???No, you can't. All games for GBC are incompatible with games for GBA.
Where can I get the Thunderstone in Crystal?You can get one by showing a Pichu to Bill's grandfather, and more through phone calls from Lass Dana (Route 37, west of Ecruteak). Thunderstones (and all other stones) can also be obtained through Mystery Gift.

Serebii93
30th October 2006, 6:13 AM
Damn, ~Bent~. You've really made it look like you know everything. I'm guessing more than half of your ranking is made here, in the GSC Section.

Hmm... here's a tough one... hehe...

Why does the Pidgey icon in the Ilex Forest[when you are chasing it to get Cut] nose split into two while it flaps it's wings? It'll be normal one second, then it'll split right into two the next. But it has to be that first time you go into the Ilex Forest.

Take that, know-it-all!

Erus Black Mage
30th October 2006, 1:46 PM
Damn, ~Bent~. You've really made it look like you know everything. I'm guessing more than half of your ranking is made here, in the GSC Section.

Hmm... here's a tough one... hehe...

Why does the Pidgey icon in the Ilex Forest[when you are chasing it to get Cut] nose split into two while it flaps it's wings? It'll be normal one second, then it'll split right into two the next. But it has to be that first time you go into the Ilex Forest.

Take that, know-it-all!

Glich perhaps?

Yonowaaru
30th October 2006, 3:52 PM
Now that i'm almost finished with Pearl, i've decided to go back to my second favorite generation.

In pokemon gold, where do i obtain the silver wing?

I checked Serebii.net, and it says to Talk to the guy near the eastern exit of Pewter.

I've talked to everyone, and still no silver wing. :(

Serebii93
1st November 2006, 1:24 AM
Now that i'm almost finished with Pearl, i've decided to go back to my second favorite generation.

In pokemon gold, where do i obtain the silver wing?

I checked Serebii.net, and it says to Talk to the guy near the eastern exit of Pewter.

I've talked to everyone, and still no silver wing. :(

It's a pudgey man who's by the Mart. Maybe you already got it, but sold it or something. Check your Key Items.

Jonah
1st November 2006, 4:02 AM
Are there know-it-alls in this thread? Yes? Good. What was the Burnt Tower called before it was burned?

~Bent~
1st November 2006, 4:12 AM
Are there know-it-alls in this thread? Yes? Good. What was the Burnt Tower called before it was burned?It was called the Brass Tower.

Serebii93
2nd November 2006, 12:01 AM
It was called the Brass Tower.

Dangit, Bent! You do know everything! Now... about my question I gave you...