PDA

View Full Version : hoennshipping and advanceshipping

dog247
29th November 2005, 10:16 PM
i havn't seen this thred yet and for those who dont know hoennshipping is may/brenden and advanceshipping is may/ash now debate

Meganium Ex
29th November 2005, 10:24 PM
i havn't seen this thred yet and for those who dont know hoennshipping is may/brenden and advanceshipping is may/ash now debate
Advanceshipping VS. Hoennshipping...This debate will go on fast

Well, IMO, Advanceshipping will have a higher chance as long as May and Breandan don't meet

BUT, if Breadan DOES appear, well then it all depends if the 2 have a crush on each other or not

But as long as Breandan does not meet May, well then either Advance or Pokeshipping will happen, if ship does happen anyway

dog247
29th November 2005, 10:33 PM
yeah i know that but it still night be a interesting debate

CyberCubed
29th November 2005, 10:52 PM
How in the world can this be debated when Brendan isn't even in the show?!

We'd have to see Brendan and see how he interacts with May before having a debate.

If we're just comparing which one of these two could happen, Advanceshipping by a mile since Ash and May are IN THE SERIES!

dfarrar6342
30th November 2005, 1:09 AM
advanceshipping vs hoennshipping huh? well, in that case... GO HOENNSHIPPING!^__^

Black Murder Heavangelon
30th November 2005, 2:20 AM
do the manga and anime affiliate in any way? well, if the plot does, then hoennshipping has a higher chance at it.

seriously, it does.

before i explain, which shippings became canon in the manga?

STJ
30th November 2005, 8:00 AM
From what I've heard, there is no true correlation between the Anime and the Manga other that the character's appearance

However, from what I've also heard, in the manga, 'May" and "Brendan" confessed their love, or something like that ... Although that pairing is called Franticshipping..

Healing-D-Vision
30th November 2005, 8:17 AM
As much as I like Hoennshipping and dislike Advanceshipping, I am a person who likes to listen to both sides of the story

And from what I can say about this, is that as of November 29th, 2005

Advanceshipping has a higher chance of happening than Hoennshipping, UNLESS Brendan makes an apperence in the anime, but then we would have to see the reaction between them

This, however, does NOT affect my support for Hoennshipping, and dislike of advanceshipping

This is pretty much the stone-cold truth at this point

dog247
30th November 2005, 2:44 PM
the manga and the game do count

CyberCubed
30th November 2005, 3:21 PM
What happens in the manga don't affect the anime. Sapphire and Ruby are totally different characters from May and Brendan.

Franticshipping has nothing to do with Hoennshipping. Hoennshipping doesn't exist in the anime, simply because Brendan has never been debuted.

Healing-D-Vision
30th November 2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CyberCubed
Hoennshipping doesn't exist in the anime, simply because Brendan has never been debuted.

Hoennshipping may not exist in the anime, but neither does Advanceshipping

Well, Brendan WAS in the Jirachi movie (Everyone should know that by now) dispite the fact that he was in it for, like. what, 5 seconds?

CyberCubed
30th November 2005, 11:44 PM
Hoennshipping is fanon only unless Brendan appears in the anime and interacts with May in some way.

Hoennshipping may strive in the games and the manga to an extent, but it's fanon only anime wise.

Black Murder Heavangelon
1st December 2005, 2:36 AM
well, there's still hope in the anime. wait t'il the spoilers for the episode 'May travels through time' come out. Advanceshipping has some serious troubles coming, because this is 'Time' and 'May', i'm sure some of you agree that Brendan and May met before, nyah?

xana's combusken
1st December 2005, 3:07 AM
i agree very much

Vertical Bird
1st December 2005, 3:25 AM
Go Hoennshipping Go

Black Murder Heavangelon
1st December 2005, 3:30 AM
yes, and did you know there are more Hoennshipping fans than Advanceshipping and Contectshipping combined?

Not a real fact. For those who want to believe it goa ahead, no ones stopping you.

xana's combusken
1st December 2005, 3:37 AM
no really well when you have so many fics about it you cant go wrong

Black Murder Heavangelon
1st December 2005, 4:53 AM
there is a lot of hoennshipping fanfics out there that are rising. i haven't seen any more advanceshipping fics and only a few contestshipping fics.

Advanceshippers and Contestshippers, give it up! Hoennshipping pwns!

Shinndo
1st December 2005, 5:26 AM
Nothing more then fan speculation, and the only ship here that is remotely close to possible is Advanceshipping as the characters actually INTERACT (which is a big deal of course). Cyber is quite correct, however much the games show hints, Hoennshipping in the anime is Fanon until we get to see how they interact.

I'm a proud Hoennshipper, but I won't have false hope for it to happen. As far as the anime, I've quit trying to keep up; it has become to childish for me. Make the characters older, put in some more conflict, and make it so it won't be frowned upon by 8+ age kids...

Hoennshippers by far are fewer in number, as the two other ships mentioned above have MUCH higher chances at becoming cannon, therefore more fans.

Just my two cents.

~Shinndo

Black Murder Heavangelon
1st December 2005, 5:51 AM
hmmm, well Shinndo, you bring up a persuasive argument. i've given up my hoennshipping feud....

NEVER!!!

Shinndo, that breaks all hoennshipper hearts across the country, but i have an argument of my own.

the creators of the show are holding Brendan's appearance for something special. they're planning the appearance like they did with Kenta and Marina, the two trainers in Gold & Silver. i don't know why they're postponing his appearance for this long, but i'm positive he's gonna appear soon.

as for the hoennshipping, i believe the creators won't ACTUALLY make it canon in front of milions of viewers on the day he appears, i believe he'll join the group, interact with May a lot, and let it become canon.

Contestshipping is popular in Japan, i forgot where i heard that, but that doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen. if the creators are planning to make hoennshipping canon and break the hearts of all Contestshippers, then that means they might end the series. think about it, if they're going to make At least one shipping that's been really postponed, then they're planning to end the saga. such an example is Pokeshipping. if they make it canon, then that means another will. and let's not forget that the anime and the manga follow the game story lines.

Since when has Drew appeared in the games?

there may not have been any pokeshipping hints in Red, Blue, or Yellow, but this is hoennshipping i'm talking about? there were a lot more hoennshipping hints in the game then pokeshipping, and recall that both anime and manga follow the game story lines. so if the game story lines are being followed, then hoennshipping has a higher chance of becoming canon then advanceshipping and contestshipping combined.

Think about it.

You got served Shinndo.

Shinndo
1st December 2005, 6:13 AM
My post wasn't even an argument, yet you still believe that I am actually against Hoennshipping. Face the FACTS:

That was pretty much a flame post, and believe it or not, all you have are predictions, backed up by nothing. Look at your own post... "I believe"...

You have no evidence to back up your accusation, the anime is based on the game but to the point where it has been changed enough so nothing can be related significantly. Silph Co take over in the anime? I don't think so.

if the creators are planning to make hoennshipping canon and break the hearts of all Contestshippers, then that means they might end the series.

That is just... Oh man... Bull feces is a kind way to describe that...

and recall that both anime and manga follow the game story lines

Yeah... your character can proceed through the game by winning contests only... right... and orange islands are in the games...

let's not forget that the anime and the manga follow the game story lines.

Exactly, Games =/= Anime

Think about it.

Right back at you.

You got served

Right back at ya with actual EVIDENCE.

I had no mean to say that Hoennshipping was impossible, but you have said nothing more then your fanon ideals. So, before you say, "You got served", go get some evidence, post with more etiquette so you don't degrade the Hoennshipping community, and "Think about it."

NOTE: Your last witty comment sure shows alot about yourself; I don't come here to get ridiculed for my ideas, especially when I have the evidence to back it up. Anymore, and you'll be the first on my ignore list.

~Shinndo

Black Murder Heavangelon
2nd December 2005, 3:02 AM
i didn't mean to be on your ignore list, i didn't even knew you weren't even arguing. man, i've never been on an ignore lists. i've only been here for a week (i think). cut me some slack, man!

Yeah...your character can proceed through the game by winning contests only...right...and orange islands are in the games...

i admit, that's true. the creators are only postponing the series while we're waiting for the new games too come out. when Ruby, and Sapphire was out, news about the series taking place in the anime was already spreading.

That's just...bull feces is a kind of way to describe it

oh, like you have any better ideas to end the series.

Exactly. Games=/=anime

even though you agree with me....*eye twitch*

now, i know the creators are postponing Brendan's appearance for something special. they did so for the characters of Gold and Silver. but whether his appearance be special or national is anyone's guess. but still, there's a chance the two could've met, maybe May and Brendan where friends before he left. it's only hope, and long lost lovers brings the hoennshipping belief to the anime.

as for advanceshipping, has Ash blushed even onced when accused of liking May? *silence* that's what i thought. there's nothing going on between Ash and May. even a monkey taking ritalin with diarhea can tell, and monkeys don't get diarhea.

even though hoennshipping is fanon, advanceshipping is way far behind.

[Bashing - warn]

this was the best i have. i'm pretty sure i bring up a compuslive speculation.

dfarrar6342
2nd December 2005, 3:04 AM
hmmm, well Shinndo, you bring up a persuasive argument. i've given up my hoennshipping feud....

NEVER!!!

Shinndo, that breaks all hoennshipper hearts across the country, but i have an argument of my own.

the creators of the show are holding Brendan's appearance for something special. they're planning the appearance like they did with Kenta and Marina, the two trainers in Gold & Silver. i don't know why they're postponing his appearance for this long, but i'm positive he's gonna appear soon.

as for the hoennshipping, i believe the creators won't ACTUALLY make it canon in front of milions of viewers on the day he appears, i believe he'll join the group, interact with May a lot, and let it become canon.

Contestshipping is popular in Japan, i forgot where i heard that, but that doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen. if the creators are planning to make hoennshipping canon and break the hearts of all Contestshippers, then that means they might end the series. think about it, if they're going to make At least one shipping that's been really postponed, then they're planning to end the saga. such an example is Pokeshipping. if they make it canon, then that means another will. and let's not forget that the anime and the manga follow the game story lines.

there may not have been any pokeshipping hints in Red, Blue, or Yellow, but this is hoennshipping i'm talking about? there were a lot more hoennshipping hints in the game then pokeshipping, and recall that both anime and manga follow the game story lines. so if the game story lines are being followed, then hoennshipping has a higher chance of becoming canon then advanceshipping and contestshipping combined.

Think about it.

You got served Shinndo.
That's right! I'm not trying to flame advanceshipping, but in MY opinion, advanceshipping and contestshipping NEVER had the chance. I'm on Black Muder's side! (holy-moly...>_> i hope i dont get banned for this...)

Shinndo
2nd December 2005, 4:04 AM
I love Hoennshipping more then the next person, BUT, there are no hints in the Anime to support anything. May is a SUPPORTING main character... she can be easily take out of the picture. Anyone can, except for Ash.

Contestshipping is popular in Japan, i forgot where i heard that, but that doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen. if the creators are planning to make hoennshipping canon and break the hearts of all Contestshippers, then that means they might end the series.

The way you put that in context, BMH, was the fact that you said that 'breaking the hearts of Contestshipper' would be the end of the series. That makes absolutely no sense in terms of business, unless more then 80% of the viewers are Contestshippers.

I never started this argument, but I'll end it right here. NONE OF THESE SHIPS HAVE CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT. If you support Advanceshipping, okay, fine you think those scenes MAY count as hints. So you're a Contestshipper, okay, you think those scenes MAY be hints. You're a Hoennshipper, you believe Brendan will appear, fine. Don't use other ships as a stepping stone, don't bash them. All fans see are hints. That's all they are... hints. They do NOT show that the relationship had become canon.

You have your opinion Kiko, that's fine; No one's gonna put their pet Charmander to sic on ya. The only chance those ships have is the fact that the two males can actually interact with the female counter-part.

contestshipping is just another stupid thing the creators put in to compound the suspense of Brendan's appearance. many people fail to see this and fall for the ship. it's only a matter of time before they realize what idiots they are. as for the episode with the contestshipping hints, anyone who thinks it was a sign of contestshipping's possibility of becoming canon is a complete moron. remember, they're compounding the suspense for Brendan's appearance and building it even higher by using the episode.

I'm sorry BMH, but you really can't post things like that man... in reality you are bashing Contestshipping, which can have bad results. Even if it is your opinion, that's an example of 'stepping' on another ship, in order to make your favorite one come true.

I hope my post helped out and fixed this hell-hole.

~Shinndo

Black Murder Heavangelon
2nd December 2005, 4:19 AM
i thought this was a shipping versus thread.

please excuse my bashingness, i'm a hoennshipper to the extreme, so basically other ships that the animators decide to hint that i don't stand for ticks me off.

and to answer why i'm being such an *****, something happened to me at another forum that isn't as big as the serebii forums. i'd tell you but that be advertising.

the rules are much, MUCH different here than any other forum on the web.

sorry for people who feel offended by me bashing contestshipping, but if you are a contestshipper, then what the hell are you doing here?

Shinndo
2nd December 2005, 4:50 AM
It is a Ship vs Ship thread, but you can only debate up to a certain degree. But I'm sure you didn't know you were bashing. However, the more you bash other shippers, you'll be modded and banned... so I'm just warning you bud, in concerned that you might be heading down a bad road.

Just giving advice, don't take it the wrong way.

~Shinndo

Black Murder Heavangelon
2nd December 2005, 5:10 AM
that's okay, although it would make me feel more relieved if you remove me from your ignore list. if you do, i'll add you to my buudy list.

what? what else is there that i can do for you when i don't even know you/who you live?

Shinndo
2nd December 2005, 5:24 AM
You were never on my ignore list, you were warned because of bash comments, but you know now so don't worry about it.

I think the thread is dead, just leave it alone so it can drain down the hole of the forgotten.

~Shinndo

Black Murder Heavangelon
2nd December 2005, 5:35 AM
okay, i guess. but still, a lot of hoennshipping stories are rising at FF.net [Fanfiction.net] it's always nice to have more of those wandering around the web.

Scizor King
3rd December 2005, 9:57 PM
BMH, you're not supposed to bash other ships. I'm as much of a Hoennshipper as you are, but I don't go around bashing other ships.
Ontopic: I prefer Hoennshipping.
I think no ships are coming true. Why? Pokemon would lose LOADS of fans if ONE ship came true. Satoshi Tajiri wouldn't want his creation to lose LOADS of fans. In conclusion, I prefer hoennshipping but I don't see ANY shipping coming true.

Kiori
5th December 2005, 3:57 AM
i thought this was a shipping versus thread.

please excuse my bashingness, i'm a hoennshipper to the extreme, so basically other ships that the animators decide to hint that i don't stand for ticks me off.

and to answer why i'm being such an *****, something happened to me at another forum that isn't as big as the serebii forums. i'd tell you but that be advertising.

the rules are much, MUCH different here than any other forum on the web.

sorry for people who feel offended by me bashing contestshipping, but if you are a contestshipper, then what the hell are you doing here?

Excuse moi, I know you're an "extreme Hoennshipper" as you said, but why the hell are you talking about Contestshipping, much less bashing it, if you're in an Advanceshipping VS Hoennshipping, when it's not even a Hoennshipping VS Contestshipping? Rules differs from each forums and that is WHY you MUST read them. Sheesh. *Borrows one of Erika's stamp sign, switch the "X" to "Warned" and stamps* And you may want to learn that at least some of the shippers in here don't think that the game relationships are equivalent towards the anime, making Satoshi Tajiri not the director of the anime, thank you.

Back to topic!

Shinndo
5th December 2005, 4:11 AM
For some reason I knew that was going to happen... guess I couldn't prevent it from happening... Thanks for stepping up.

Topic wise, I agree with no shippings coming true, as weird as it is (in my opinion) following a show just for the ship is kinda obesessive... but then again, business is business... and if one does come true, I stick with my original answer-just because they are actually there.

~Shinndo