PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Shippings Anybody?

Shadowcat
1st December 2005, 2:13 AM
Title explains it all.

Anyways, I haven't seen a thread on Digimon Shippings yet.

*deletes images herself*

Kouzumi (Kouji X Izumi/Zoe)... *dreamy* I love that picture. Found it using Yahoo Image Search.

Now, who here is a Digimon Shipping Fan? Let's Discuss the wonders of SHIPPING!

Shadow Ichigo
1st December 2005, 2:28 AM
I'm digimon shipping fan! my favorite couples are

Tai x Sora
Tai x Mimi
T.K x Kari
Takuya x Izumi

Shadowcat
1st December 2005, 2:41 AM
Tai X Sora is Taiora while Tai X Mimi is Michi. Found those out on FF.Net. Anyways, they use japanese names.

I love Takari (Takeru/T.K. X Hikari/Kari)

Why do you guys love Takumi? (Takuya X Zoe/Izumi) Now, *searches for pictures*

Also, is that picture I posted Kawaii or not?

dragonmaster5000
1st December 2005, 2:42 AM
I'm a fan too! Let's see, I like:

Tai x Sora (imagine how devastated I was)
Davis x Kari (I have hope this isn't one-sided)
Takato x Rika (I have this thing about main characters)
Takuya x Zoe (I just like it!)

And yes, that picture is kawaii, even though I'm not a supporter.

taitofan
1st December 2005, 3:04 AM
*looks at her name* Huh, I wonder what I like... XP

Anyways... Season 1: TaichiYamato, JyouKoushiro, SoraMimi, WizarmonTailmonPicoDevimon, TaichiMimi
Season 2: DaisukeKen, MiyakoHikari, TakeruIori, MimiMiyako, TaichiDaisuke, YamatoTakeru, TaichiHikari, DaisukeMimi, TakeruKen
Season 3: RukiJuri, ImpmonJuri, LeeTakato, HirokazuKenta
Season 4: KouichiKouji, TakuyaTomoki, JunpeiIzumi

And some more that I kinda like... These are the my faves though. <3

Shadowcat
1st December 2005, 3:36 AM
Let's see. *Rabid Fan Girl uses Yahoo Image Search to find pics*

*images deleted by Sapphire herself*

Kenkeru Kawaiiness! Found using Yahoo Image Search. Seriously, this one's for Taitofan.

DigitalKaede
1st December 2005, 3:41 AM
I've seen Rukato (Ruki x Takato) and Sorato (Sora x Yamato).

Shadowcat
1st December 2005, 3:50 AM
I prefer Ryuki. Anyways, Sorato is one of my favorites. And it seems that I'm the only Kouzumi(Kouji and Izumi) Fan here. Now, lemme look for more pics. I know there are many couples.

taitofan
1st December 2005, 3:58 AM
Kenkeru Kawaiiness! Found using Yahoo Image Search. Seriously, this one's for Taitofan. Aww, sankyuu~! It's cute! <3 I have tons of fanart saved, but no KoujiIzumi I'm afraid... More KouKou than you can shake a stick at though. XP

Tiffany
1st December 2005, 3:59 AM
My favorite Digimon shipping is Ryuki. I even claimed them! I miss Digimon greatly.

Shigeru-kun
1st December 2005, 4:00 AM
*jumps up and down* Ooo, ooo! Digimon fangirl over here! ^^

*lol* I'm a HUGE fan of Daikari and Jenruki. Even made websites concerning them in the past. I also love Sorato and Kouzumi. Always seem to enjoy the "side guy gets the girl" idea. ^^;

Err...and btw Sapphire, we're not allowed to post fanart unless you give credit to the original artist (link back). Just thought I better mention that.

Shadowcat
1st December 2005, 4:09 AM
Oops! Sorry about that. *Deletes stuff immediately after posting*

Now, I'll use Digimon Pictures. Please wait... I have some stuff from the show.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8053/koujiandizumi51db.png

This one's from the show. Found this screenshot at: The Digi Port (http://www.thedigiport.com/)

Toran Frostbite
1st December 2005, 5:58 AM
ISHIDA/TAICHI!

*cough* Sorry 'bout that. *blushes* I don't get to say it often.

I'm definitely a fan of KenDaisuke, Ruki/Juri, Junpei/Izumi, Sylphimon/Wizarmon, the whole Daisuke/Ken/Miyako and Sora/Yamato/Taichi messes, Jyou/Koushiro, Taichi/Jun, Osamu/Ryou, Hirokazu/Kenta, Takeru/Hikari, Mimi/Miyako...HolyAngemon/Tururiemon...Kouichi/Kouji/Takuya and all combinations of two between them....

But my absolute dire favorite would be the one shouted across the mountain tops up top there. :D So I'm weird for shipping Taichi and Yamato's father, but....ce la vie~

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st December 2005, 7:21 AM
Yukio Oikawa and Hiroki Hida. So what if it was one-sided?

Bokomon and Neemon! They're already an "old married couple", after all...

JP and Zoe! It's so cute!

WindyNight
1st December 2005, 10:02 PM
I'm also a Digimon fan..
Here goes my favourite couples..
~T.K. x Kari
~Matt x Sora
~Takuya x Zoe
~Koji x Zoe

Roses Ablaze
1st December 2005, 10:30 PM
Personally, I like Takuya/Zoe, Koji/Koichi, Rika/Henry, and Bokomon/Neemon.

Two ships I don't like are JP/Zoe and Ryo/Rika. I hate "guy gets girl" formulas and LOATHE "tough girl melts/gets tamed by/falls for 00ber-cool guy" formulas. They're both kinda sexist IMO.

Shadowcat
2nd December 2005, 12:44 AM
I too hate JP X Zoe/Izumi. Hate that couple so much.

Maybe Jenrya/Henry X Rika/Ruki. That's nice. Anyways, tomboy girls: Ruki/Rika, Sora, Izumi/Zoe. Bleah! Izumi is a mix of a tomboy and fashion.

Now, *goes to FF.Net to look for some fics involving Digimon Shippings*

dragonmaster5000
2nd December 2005, 6:36 AM
I too hate JP X Zoe/Izumi. Hate that couple so much.

I do too. Not only is it one-sided, but JP is INCREDIBLY desperate, and their seperate personalities just don't match.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd December 2005, 6:39 AM
But he's such a nice guy! He only acts desperate very rarely.

Tenten
2nd December 2005, 7:10 AM
*sniff* ...I stand alone, with Kaiyako...(KaiserxMiyako, EmperorxYolei) Don't hurt me, I'm the only supporter of this nonexistant ship, and there's like a whole group of you ready to contradict me....

A-and the other ships I support are Taiora, Takari, Rukato, TakuyaxZoe, and I'm a big supporter of Kenyako...

STJ
2nd December 2005, 7:24 AM
Heh, I guess we're the only ones who happen to like Jp/Zoe,huh Blackjack Gabbiani.

Oh well *sigh* XD I can't think of any others I like at the moment

Shadowcat
2nd December 2005, 8:18 AM
Yup, and I'm almost the only one who loves Kouzumi.

Actually the Kaizer is Ken. So Kaiyako is the same as Kenyako.

Bleah, anyway, I'm trying to see if I have any pics.

AHA!

*uploads pictures to Imageshack*

All Credit Given to: http://www.thedigiport.com/index.php for these upcoming pictures.

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/8056/koujiandizumi86hi.png

Kawaii!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8053/koujiandizumi51db.png

All right peeps! Wait till afterwards for more!

Toran Frostbite
2nd December 2005, 6:19 PM
Actually the Kaizer is Ken. So Kaiyako is the same as Kenyako.

Not true, actually. Using Ken's name as Kaizer denotes the fact that they like the couple with Ken /as/ the Kaizer, with that whole evil thing going on. That's why couples like Kaiyako and Kaisuke/KaiDai are specifically noted. Chances are, it's pre-Chimeramon or AU where he was never redeemed, and much, much darker than your normal Ken!romancefic.

hikari_blaze
2nd December 2005, 6:23 PM
I support:

Taiora
Rukato (Guess this)
Henry/Jeri

Nylf
2nd December 2005, 8:46 PM
GrandAngelshipping(TKxKari)

KnightInShiningArmourshipping(Takato x Jeri)

Angelformshipping(Patamon x Gatomon)

DarkAngelshipping(Beelzemon BM x Sakuyamon, or Impmon x Renamon)

BurningLoveandCourageshipping(Biyomon x Agumon)

Those are my names for them, the short ones were taken.

Lux
4th December 2005, 7:08 PM
TaixSora, YamatoxMimi, Miyako x Koushiro, Miyako x Ken, Hikari x Daisuke are my favorites, but all others are alright for me too - except for Takari. It's so... lame.

Talking about Digimon shippings, did anyone else here got annoyed about the end of 02 - the infamous "baby boom"? Jeez, I think they didn't knew what else to do with the characters :/

Shadowcat
5th December 2005, 4:48 AM
GrandAngelshipping(TKxKari)

KnightInShiningArmourshipping(Takato x Jeri)

Angelformshipping(Patamon x Gatomon)

DarkAngelshipping(Beelzemon BM x Sakuyamon, or Impmon x Renamon)

BurningLoveandCourageshipping(Biyomon x Agumon)

Those are my names for them, the short ones were taken.

Ya' use their names to create a name, SF.

I know Rukato is Rika X Takato.

Takato X Jeri is Jurato, the Digimons, I'm not too sure.

TK X Kari is Takari

dragonmaster5000
5th December 2005, 6:01 AM
Rukato (Guess this)

Takato x Rika, right?

Anyway...

Talking about Digimon shippings, did anyone else here got annoyed about the end of 02 - the infamous "baby boom"? Jeez, I think they didn't knew what else to do with the characters :/

What's the "baby boom"?

But he's such a nice guy! He only acts desperate very rarely.

Very rarely? Not to offend you or anything, but he's been desperate since the first Frontier episode. He offered her a half-eaten bar of chocolate that he pulled out of his shirt for crying out loud!!! If that's not desperate I don't know what is.

articuno_trumps_all
5th December 2005, 6:17 AM
The only ship I really like is TK x Kari. It is my favorite.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th December 2005, 6:58 AM
Very rarely? Not to offend you or anything, but he's been desperate since the first Frontier episode. He offered her a half-eaten bar of chocolate that he pulled out of his shirt for crying out loud!!! If that's not desperate I don't know what is.

Geez, he offered one to the Trailmon, does that mean he wants them too?

Toran Frostbite
5th December 2005, 6:26 PM
What's the "baby boom"?

Everyone had at least one kid. 12 DD, 13 children.

Shadowcat
10th December 2005, 12:26 PM
That was obvious. Miyako and Ken together had 3. Sora and Yamato got 2.

Anyways, *looks for more pictures for my love for Kouzumi*

Nylf
10th December 2005, 8:24 PM
I find linking names dull, so I mad cooler ones IMO. Long but they tell you more than who's involved. New shipping I remembered:

Clicheshipping: Rika x what's his name, him who turns into Justimon

MondoTR
10th December 2005, 9:09 PM
I keep forgetting the shipping and Japanese names. ^_^; Anyways, I like TK/Kari, Tai/Sora, Gatomon/Wizardmon, Joe/Mimi, and TK/Sora (blame Birdboy XP).

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th December 2005, 10:23 PM

That'd be Ryo.

Kveran
10th December 2005, 10:34 PM
Alright, you think you stand alone in supporting your Digimon ship of choice? My OTP for Digimon is Vandemon x Angewomon. -waves a flag-

Also support Kensuke/Kaisuke, Kenkari/Kaikari, Milleniumon x Ryo (and apparently it's canon, whee!) Miyato (Yamato x Miyako) and IceDevimon x Ruki...

Toran Frostbite
11th December 2005, 2:42 AM
Alright, you think you stand alone in supporting your Digimon ship of choice? My OTP for Digimon is Vandemon x Angewomon. -waves a flag-

IceDevimon x Ruki...
XD; I'm sure you're not the only one in the Vamdemon/Angewomon department. Not me, but I'm sure I've seen it around.

And total agreement on IceDevimon/Ruki. o_O That was creepily erotic.

I find linking names dull, so I mad cooler ones IMO. Long but they tell you more than who's involved. New shipping I remembered:

'shipping terms don't tell you squat unless you know who is involved to begin with, and that's way too much to ask of people (and even then, it's vague and WTF-ish, no matter how you look at it). I like the name splices for the Digimon fandom.

Kasumi-chan
11th December 2005, 3:36 PM
I support Daikari (I found two pics with Davis and Kari with their arms around each other. that looked really C-U-T-E!), Taiora (they kiss TWICE in the manga) Takumi and Jurato/Takeri.

Kveran
11th December 2005, 5:48 PM
XD; I'm sure you're not the only one in the Vamdemon/Angewomon department. Not me, but I'm sure I've seen it around.

True. At last count, there were two other supporters besides me, although one of them isn't strictly V x A because it's an ACC form of Angewomon and the other one takes both of them massively out of character. The former is a pretty good writer. Mechanics need some work, but her plot is there and the writing's emotional enough to (almost) make up for the grammar. I run a google search about once a month for new stuff that pops up for this fandom, but unfortunately, the only hit that I've gotten has been rapefic and I hardly consider that romance. Ugh.

And total agreement on IceDevimon/Ruki. o_O That was creepily erotic.

Oh, my gosh, YES. It's a surprise that more people didn't pick up on that, especially given the popularity of crossbreeding when that episode came out. Actually, it's more of a surprise that the episode wasn't massively censored. They couldn't have cut it out because it was such a plot point in Ruki's and Renamon's relationship, but man, the dialogue... I had a field day with that episode.

The other thing I'm surprised they didn't censor? The brothers in season four. Say what you like, but that was pretty blatant incest.

Shadowcat
12th December 2005, 12:26 AM
LOL! Anyways, KOUIZUMI and KOUZUMI! *swoons over Kouji and Kouichi.*

Okay, on FF.Net, I have seen an Angewomon X Vamdemon/Myotismon Fic.

Now, does anyone wants links to some fics. I could recommend a few. *Has already read all Kouzumi stories*

Also, most stories are mainly fluff of course...

Kveran
12th December 2005, 2:36 AM
Okay, on FF.Net, I have seen an Angewomon X Vamdemon/Myotismon Fic.

Let me guess, Athena1999? She's the more prolific of those of us that I know of...

And actually, upon reflection, I have to take back my earlier statement of there being only three V x A writers that I know about. I remember seeing one fic- six chapters, I think? It was horribly written, so I probably repressed all memories of having read it- that was V x A, but the author said specifically that writing that fic was an aberration on her part and that V x A was not going to supplant Angemon x Angewomon as her OTP...

Hmm, fanfic? I read through my entire library today. Any recommendations?

Shadowcat
12th December 2005, 5:02 AM
Dunno, I don't really read fics on Junzumi. One of my friends, Music Chick, wrote an excellent fic. I just can't find the link. Mainly, people write Fluff. that is true, of course. Maybe I'll type a fic on Digimon Shippings soon...

The V X A one refers to one which had Angewomon pregnant with Vamdemon's Child. Vamdemon has become an angel and etc...

Kveran
12th December 2005, 8:21 PM
The V X A one refers to one which had Angewomon pregnant with Vamdemon's Child. Vamdemon has become an angel and etc...

If Vandemon's an angel it was probably Athena's work... -sighs- I admire her sunny demeanor but the liberties that she takes with characterization disgust me.

Fluppy
13th December 2005, 5:41 AM
Sorato (always thought they were a good fit for each other, so I was happy when they were made canon.)
Takari (The Hope and Light kids. Cute couple.)
Kenyako (Love it!)
Kenkari (A couple I play around with the idea of. They both have powers that are difficult for them to live with sometimes, so they could relate that way.)
Angemon/Angewomon (No particular reason why.)

Shadowcat
13th December 2005, 7:41 AM
It's Kenari, Fluppy. Anyways, some people can even mix Taiora, Mimato, Kenyako, Kouzumi, Ryuki and Takari into one? Really, extremely funny one. *Looks for stuff and can't find any pics*

Fluppy
13th December 2005, 7:49 AM
Ah, thanks. I've never really heard the official name for that couple, my friend and I just called it Kenkari.

Kveran
14th December 2005, 2:28 AM
I've been active in the Digimon fandom since- well, at least five years. I've never heard Ken x Kari called "Kenari" but have always heard it called "Kenkari." I suppose either term could be used but from what I've seen the more common name is Kenkari.

Shadowcat
14th December 2005, 3:31 AM
I'm not too sure. But sometimes Kouzumi and Kozumi are really confused. 'Cause Kouji is spelt as Kouji and Koji. LOL!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
16th December 2005, 6:47 PM
I think Tai and sora should be together,cause they do have a crush on each other :D

Toran Frostbite
17th December 2005, 5:20 PM
I think Tai and sora should be together,cause they do have a crush on each other :D

^^; But that crush is long over. If you hadn't noticed, Tai's not exactly wangsting over Sora picking Matt instead of him. And he seemed pretty cool about it when she said, out of context, she was at the concert to see Matt.

Togemon
18th December 2005, 2:49 AM
Hmm, here are some of my favorite couples~

Season 1: Jyomi( Joe x Mimi), Taishiro( Tai x Izzy, though I might have got the couple name wrong), Michi(Tai x Mimi)
Season 2: Jyomi, Takimi ( T.K. x Mimi), Daimi (Davis x Mimi), Michael x Mimi, Yolei x Ken, Cody x T.K., T.K. x Davis.
Season 3: Takato x Jeri
Season 4: Takuya x Zoe

One of my least favorite couples is Mimato... I really don't think they go together so swell, yet it's a popular couple...

*Twilight Night*
18th December 2005, 4:40 AM
Yes, well here are my favorite couples. Mind you, I'm using the japanese names.

Season 1: Taichi x Mimi, Yamato x Sora
- *sighs* Only if Mimi had a more important role and personality. I have to admit, they look cute together, and Mimi is really pretty.
- Never expected it to happen but it did. Surprised, yes, happy, a bit.

Season 2: Daisuke x Hikari, Ken x Miyako, + Season 1 couples.
- Four words; POWER TO THE UNDERDOG!!
- Ken and Miyako was obvious enough. Didn't surprise me at all when it became canon.

Season 3: Takato x Jyuri, Ryo x Ruki
- Don't need to explain any of them. Takato was always thinking about Jyuri, not to mention they got more romantic scenes than anything.
- For the Ryo/Ruki one. It showed some chemistry, so let it be. They are cool anyway and make a hot couple.

Season 4: Takuya x Izumi
- My favorite of all, period. :D

For me, the 2nd season finale never happened, never existed. They are still young to me forever and always. Why did they need to add that anyway?

Shadowcat
18th December 2005, 5:40 AM
*sighs* Everyone seems to hate Kouzumi and like Takumi or Junzumi, but I still think Kouji and Izumi have chemistry together. Like how Kouji gave his jacket to her, and when she ran up to him in the Dark Continent. I'm almost fighting a lost battle here.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
18th December 2005, 12:17 PM
But i wish that tai and sora did get marreid though :(

Lux
19th December 2005, 5:31 AM
^^; But that crush is long over. If you hadn't noticed, Tai's not exactly wangsting over Sora picking Matt instead of him. And he seemed pretty cool about it when she said, out of context, she was at the concert to see Matt.

Maybe because they were both his best friends? I do not recall exactly, it's about years I did not got to see this ep again, but it seemed Tai was going to ask Sora out when she went to see Matt. Correct if I'm wrong.

In an old digimon shipping thread here in this forums, when I had another account, I remember someone saying that Digimon's original creator didn't like what the executives done with the Sorato thing. He wanted Sora to be with Tai.