PDA

View Full Version : Metal Coat

-Totodile-
3rd December 2005, 2:00 PM
I have a Scyther on my Silver and I want to evolve it before I get to Clair. Right now, I'm saved in front of Pryce's gym(I bet it) and I was wondering, is there anyway to get a Metal Coat besides Catching/Theifing Magnemites and the old man on the SS Anne?

Altmer
3rd December 2005, 2:19 PM
Beat loads of wild Magnemite, and you may find one attached iirc.

-Totodile-
3rd December 2005, 2:42 PM
But I've already done that for days... I asked if there was another way to do it besides that

Altmer
3rd December 2005, 3:06 PM
Nope, none.

-Totodile-
3rd December 2005, 3:17 PM
Uhhh.. anyways, thanks for tryin

.TraX.
3rd December 2005, 4:26 PM
Don't you get a metal coat when you help the people on the ship after beating the Elite 4?

Long time and my memory is dodgy but I recall it being like this.

-Totodile-
3rd December 2005, 4:41 PM
I know that but I wanted to know if there was an earlier way to get it

emeraldellie
3rd December 2005, 4:45 PM
Well, there's always the cloning cheat, which was discussed in another topic. All you do is make the Pokemon hold the item and clone it. If you don't want to cheat though, the only ways are on the SS Aqua, wild Magnemites, or trade from another game :/.

darkdrago88
3rd December 2005, 5:27 PM
give it to a pokemon to hold (not onix or syther!) and trade that pokemon over-I think that might work

ShadowAlakazam
13th December 2005, 10:23 AM
Like most of the people above, I can tell you theres no other way to get a metal coat other than theiving magnemites. And I feel sorry for you, since:
Magnemite is quite uncommon like 10% of the time, and it only has a 5% chance of holding it. So you have a 0.5% of getting a magnemite with metal coat. Otherwise you gotta trade a metal coat over, or give up getting a scizor before the 8th gym.
*Wishes you luck in getting a metal coat*