PDA

View Full Version : Toonami gets Johto Journies!

kaibachaoschampion
3rd December 2005, 11:13 PM
Well, according to Turner in January Toonami are getting the Johto Journey episodes.

Starts 3rd January at 5PM

http://europe.turnerinfo.com/pdf/GBR/TOON/schedules/Toonami%20January.pdf

Edit: For those that don't know, this is for the UK.

Gravy
3rd December 2005, 11:21 PM
...So where the hell are the remaining Orange Islands episodes? If they're going to show more sagas, at LEAST finish off the ones they already have.
So damn sloppy.

kaibachaoschampion
3rd December 2005, 11:32 PM
...So where the hell are the remaining Orange Islands episodes? If they're going to show more sagas, at LEAST finish off the ones they already have.
So damn sloppy.

I've been reading through the Toonami episodes and they actually have episode titles for once lol. They are counting the final orange league episodes as The Johto Journeys too lol.

CyberCubed
3rd December 2005, 11:56 PM
Toonami gets Johto Journies!

My condolences. Get ready to experience the lowest point ever of the Pokemon anime.

Factory Head Noland
4th December 2005, 12:04 AM
My condolences. Get ready to experience the lowest point ever of the Pokemon anime.

Hey, I like the Johto Journeys.

To this I say finally. I've been waiting.

I hope new Advanced Battle episodes return very soon also.

kaibachaoschampion
4th December 2005, 12:15 AM
I hope new Advanced Battle episodes return very soon also.

No new episodes of that at least until February... :( I want Sky One back :( I hate Toonami :(

PDL
4th December 2005, 12:32 AM

I thought that was Jotho... um... darn I forgot the name... it wasn't Jotho Journeys or Master Quest... um... it was the middle series...

SlimShady
4th December 2005, 12:40 AM
Great! In maybe 5 years, they'll have Advance Battle.:D But, seriously, it's a good way to refresh your memory of the old Johto episodes like when Ash got Heracross. Evilkecleon, you are thinking of Johto League Champions.

CyberCubed
4th December 2005, 12:41 AM
I thought that was Jotho... um... darn I forgot the name... it wasn't Jotho Journeys or Master Quest... um... it was the middle series...

Johto League champions?

Anyway I think JJ was the worst. The first two episodes are good, but nearly every filler between that and Falkner's Gym was terrible. Then, there are quite a bit of awful episodes between that and Bugsy's Gym.

The season has a few gems like "Wired for Battle" and "The Ursaring Rampage" and "Fortune Hunters", but for every gem there were like 10 lackluster episodes.

ShoOCha0tic
4th December 2005, 12:41 AM
isnt the johto series finish airing???

Geki
4th December 2005, 12:44 AM
I'd like to see Kanto or Orange Islands instead of Johto episodes, but whatever. I don't even watch CN some it really doesn't affect me.

poke_girl
4th December 2005, 12:48 AM
So.. they show Advanced Battle.. THEN Johto Journys?
wtf?

Factory Head Noland
4th December 2005, 12:49 AM
Great! In maybe 5 years, they'll have Advance Battle.:D But, seriously, it's a good way to refresh your memory of the old Johto episodes like when Ash got Heracross. Evilkecleon, you are thinking of Johto League Champions.

Um...we have Advanced Battle already.

AtoMan
4th December 2005, 11:46 AM
CyberrCubed - there's no episode "The Ursaring Rampage" - it's "Forest Grumps".

I like JJ, it has really some good episodes... the final one, Shadow of Drought and some others.. i like the series, cos it introduced Johto. But personally think that most episodes are useless... Johto League Champions was way better.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
4th December 2005, 12:02 PM
so Johto Journeys is taking up Advanced battle's slot?
DAMN YOU TOONAMI *kills toonami*

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th December 2005, 12:03 PM
So.. they show Advanced Battle.. THEN Johto Journys?
wtf?

The original series of Pokemon is already airing while AB is.

Good, good, glad they've got it. I didn't see many eps here.

skarmachild
4th December 2005, 12:39 PM

Aye, it was just a pile of random, boring and un-eventful tosh.

....and it didn't include May, -10 points.

ChaosMage
4th December 2005, 1:38 PM
The original series of Pokemon is already airing while AB is.

Good, good, glad they've got it. I didn't see many eps here.

Oh, you lucky, lucky boy. Trust me, you don't want to see it! It ruined my last year of Primary school... WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GET TO FALKNER (cries pathetically)? WHY!?! DAMN YOU AND YOUR FILLERS!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Lupin
4th December 2005, 5:22 PM
Johto was really crap because about 80% of it was crap fillers.

Why it Toonami have to put on Pokemon three times a week. Why couldn't they have just left it at once a week, maybe twice?

mom1900
4th December 2005, 6:53 PM
Yesh!!!! I Love The Johto Saga!!!!

pik achoo
5th December 2005, 3:53 AM
Sweet. I love Jhoto

FabuVinny
5th December 2005, 7:48 PM
Wow...I have never heard anyone say that before!

I'm looking forward to this because I finally get to see the end of the Orange Islands. I would prefer Toonami to get back to new Advance Battle episodes, though.

kaibachaoschampion
6th December 2005, 1:24 PM
I for one would like more Advanced Battle Episodes. One a week this time maybe....with Toonami that would never happen. I really wish that we has Sky One back :(. I hate Toonami no new episodes until at least February...

I hope that if they ever do finish Advanced Battle, they do a better Job with the next Season if they get it.

Johto Journies I don't mind, its the fact that they don't seem to be thinking about Advanced Battle.

Eternal Eievui
6th December 2005, 4:32 PM
Holy crap, I should have looked to see that was a .pdf file. Froze my computer ~_~

Anyways. I personally liked The Johto Journies. The series introduced Casey, Heracross, Chikorita and many other classics.

I was *so* young when these episodes were new in the United States. I can remember that Saturday, sitting infront of the TV when the Orange League ended and Johto started up. David Gallagher was hosting one of those "themed" Saturdays *shudders*.

Johto Journies also had the sadder moments, like Squirtle & Charizard's departures :(.

Sharpshooter
9th December 2005, 1:25 AM
Wow this is news to me as I type, been busy with Univertsity assignments and such.

OK Just to clear things up this is season 3 of 4Kids's production rather than just the "Johto Journeys". That includes the 11 remaining Orange Island ones and the 40/41 (can't remember how many) of the total Johto Journey's arc.

This is great where although Toonami suck at editting jobs, we're getting so much pokémon now across many seasons at many hours of the day, it's too good to be true.

I just hope they play the opening theme song on a regular basis, such a sweet tune.