PDA

View Full Version : Safari Zone map?

Koubagia
4th December 2005, 10:11 AM
According to Wikipedia...

The Safari Zone was not included in the Gold, Silver and Crystal versions, and since the Safari Zone is needed to complete this glitch, it is impossible to do it in these three versions. Players have theorized that the Safari Zone wasn't included in the Gold, Silver and Crystal games because of Glitch City since there is code and a map of Safari Zone in the three games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch_city to prove it.

Does anyone have a picture of this alleged G/S/C Safari Zone? Is it just a copy of the R/B/Y one or does it have improved graphics? This is something I would like to see.

Altmer
4th December 2005, 12:06 PM
there is no safari zone in GSC, and I don't think Glitch City exists. :/

Flaze
4th December 2005, 12:08 PM
It does exist, but I only saw It in Red and Blue.

I know, because I went there.

Koubagia
4th December 2005, 12:20 PM
Yes, but read the quote, would you? Wikipedia says that there is a map of the Safari Zone on the G/S/C cart and they took the entrance out to avoid a glitch city type thing in G/S/C.

Altmer
4th December 2005, 12:40 PM
Yes, but read the quote, would you? Wikipedia says that there is a map of the Safari Zone on the G/S/C cart and they took the entrance out to avoid a glitch city type thing in G/S/C.

If there is one, I don't have it, and I don't believe Wikipedia all that much. ^^

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th December 2005, 2:16 PM
wouldn't Walk Through Walls work?

poke_life
4th December 2005, 9:26 PM
Well, I never knew there was a glitch o.O man whats wrong with me, lol

Dark Venusaur
23rd December 2005, 12:07 AM
You cant use the walk threw walls code because you wont be able to go any further.

;003;Dark Venusaur;003;

Gulzar
21st January 2006, 1:22 AM
Here is a picture of the Safari Zone in Pokemon Gold.

Safari Zone GS (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/SafariZoneGS.png)

Here is the gameshark code to warp to the Safari zone:
010344D0
015145D0

If you go in, don’t save your game because you can’t get back out.
;001;

PikaPikaChu
21st January 2006, 1:58 AM
is there any wild pokemons there?

Dunsparce
21st January 2006, 2:27 AM
is there any wild pokemons there?

No, there isn't.

I've tried countless times on a R**, but nothing there.

The Safari Zone... I wish they had in in GSC without using a Teleporting code. It used fair amounts of the tall grass that you see in the National Park. I had the feeling there was more to that grass in the Park... They should have used it in more places IMO.

with a R**hack, you can put a door there and go into it. I'll get pictures and post 'em

Moonlight.
21st January 2006, 3:24 PM
This is interesting...

There goes the rumour that it was cut because of a lack of space.

Why keep the map in the game though? Laziness?

Spock
21st January 2006, 4:41 PM
Well, it's Nintendo, so..OF COURSE!

indigestible_wad
23rd January 2006, 3:48 AM
Even if there was a safari zone in GSC, nintendo would've made precautions to get rid of that glitch in RBY. They got rid of all the glitches in RBY.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
23rd January 2006, 7:32 PM
A rumer is that the programers wan'ted to put the saferi zone in GSC but there wasn't so much room to keep the whole thing so they had to Delete it but they didnt >____>

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd January 2006, 10:51 PM
Gulzar, there is more to the picture than that. Although, the rest of it is just the land-tiles that you see near the bottom. There are no Wild pokemon.

Phreack
23rd January 2006, 11:34 PM
I don't know why but that pic seems too much cut 'n' paste to me. Has anyone tried to use that GS code to confirm it?? I mean, that lake doesn't even have a shore >_>

Dunsparce
24th January 2006, 12:53 AM
I don't know why but that pic seems too much cut 'n' paste to me. Has anyone tried to use that GS code to confirm it?? I mean, that lake doesn't even have a shore >_>

Here I'm in it right now:

With a R**hack, I was able to place a door on the safari zone building:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Moolmomo/Safari1.png

The water looks like that because they probably dropped the Safari Zone before they put more detail into it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Moolmomo/Safari2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Moolmomo/Safari3.png

As you can see, the second pic shows water that isn't in the MAP of the SZ. That is becuase that part of the water is not part of the same MAP layer (It's actually in the same layer that the Sprites are in)

Phreack
24th January 2006, 1:28 AM
:o :o :o :o So it did exist!! I am speechless. x_x

Ex_Mightyena
24th January 2006, 2:29 AM
to me it looks like the national park above goldenrod just screw up,like the waters in the top right,the chairs and weird objects to the south,the big grass at the bottom,the trees surrounding every where.

but nonethe less that place looks awesome...have you tried using sweet scent there?

Gulzar
24th January 2006, 5:16 AM
There is a gatehouse between Fuchsia City and the Safari Zone. Here is a picture:

Gatehouse (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/Gatehouse.png)

Also, here is a better picture of the Safari Zone in Pokémon Crystal:

Safari Zone Crystal (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/SafariZoneCrystal.png)

By the way Phreack, it’s o.k. that you didn’t believe me: the Safari Zone does look very odd!
;001;

liquinn
30th January 2006, 4:53 PM
Yup it does exist. You can acess it via a warp code, does anyone have that code? And also is there any prove they TOTALY remove silph.co from kanto?

James.

Pm me or reply to this topic with awnsers.

legendary master Jose
30th January 2006, 10:18 PM
well i belive it i just hope someday when they make a gs remake theyll put in the safari zone if they make a remake they call it sun gold or moon silver (atleast thats what i think theyll call it)

Phreack
30th January 2006, 11:51 PM
You can acess it via a warp code, does anyone have that code?
>_> Why don't you try looking at this thread's first page? http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2712399

well i belive it i just hope someday when they make a gs remake theyll put in the safari zone if they make a remake they call it sun gold or moon silver (atleast thats what i think theyll call it)

Try to stay on topic please.

Thank you Gulzar for not starting a flamewar :) . Now that I know there was a safari zone I wonder which pokemon were intended to be there and had to be added to another grassy area (I bet Chansey was one of them)

Moonlight.
31st January 2006, 4:14 PM
Well, Kanghaskan and Chansey were probably meant to be there, but they got moved to different places. And, for some reason, I think Houndour might have been in there. Dunno why though.

MaskedManAbsolkid
31st January 2006, 4:24 PM
When I noticed the Safari zone was unaccessable, I thought that when the Safari Warden left (the story's explained), they released all the pokemon and they went elsewhere in the two regions (or maybe they shipped some off, like Tauros). I always thought Miltank may be in there, because of Tauros.

I had a dream once about a side-quest where you had to rescue the Warden, and he realises people miss the Safari Zone, so he re-opened it. How I wish that happens...

liquinn
31st January 2006, 5:31 PM
lol,that would be cool. You can acess the SZ via a warp code. Get a gold r** and then use the code. It is a weird place and glitchy, i bet grass pokemon would be there lik Exacutor etc. . .

Anyway . . . :P

Deoxys Strain
2nd March 2006, 4:46 PM
i do'nt think it was that nesary to remove why disable the save option when you enter and pkm can't fly here

Deoxys Strain
4th March 2006, 12:44 PM
I've had an idea there is one other place in the game strnagely sealed up like the safire zone The Museun in Pewter City how about some one hack a door on to it?
I'm only saying this beacuse theres a number of simalaritys both require payment to enter

Waffles
4th March 2006, 12:52 PM
I went fishing in the lake and saw a Magikarp. and during the battle the RBY remix music was playing. So that must mean that the game recognizes it as a Kanto map.

Geek 2.0
4th March 2006, 1:18 PM
WOW i never knew about the warp codes or anything. This is unbelieveable stuff. I've gotta buy a kmew AR or Game Shark to test these out

Gulzar
5th March 2006, 3:36 AM
With reference to the Pewter City Museum: I have tried to put a door on and around the area. I have not been ably to find a warp tile, though. That probably means that the warp tile was removed or never created. That doesn’t mean, however, that the map isn’t still in the programming somewhere. Keep an eye on the Strange Maps thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105571) to see if it is found.
;001;

Spock
5th March 2006, 4:03 AM
There is a gatehouse between Fuchsia City and the Safari Zone. Here is a picture:

Gatehouse (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/Gatehouse.png)

Also, here is a better picture of the Safari Zone in Pokémon Crystal:

Safari Zone Crystal (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/SafariZoneCrystal.png)

By the way Phreack, it’s o.k. that you didn’t believe me: the Safari Zone does look very odd!
;001;
Note how the Gold/Silver and Crystal seem...differant. Did Gamefreak intent for some people to ask questions to act a decoy for them until the next game?

Locke Yggdrasill
5th March 2006, 4:08 AM
I've had an idea there is one other place in the game strnagely sealed up like the safire zone The Museun in Pewter City how about some one hack a door on to it?
I'm only saying this beacuse theres a number of simalaritys both require payment to enter
Um...no? o.o;
It's not as easy as "hacking a door" onto it. The door needs to have a map bank redirect in order for it to be able to go somewhere. and entrance fee similarities mean nothing at all.

SuperShadow
5th March 2006, 4:13 AM
Amazing find! I was wondering about glitch city and the SZ , know no more bunches of quesstioons, I shall ask.

Deoxys Strain
5th March 2006, 12:55 PM
hmmmm i will keep my eye on pewter museum i only said it beacuse of the simalritys

Spock
5th March 2006, 10:00 PM
And the Unknown Dungeon...

Mewgia
27th June 2006, 2:28 AM
I tried the codes in my gameshark and they don't work. Are they only for G/S, because I tried them on my crystal...

Archangel
27th July 2006, 10:20 PM
This is suprising news to me, and I can't believe I missed this thread.
Anyway, I did this warping code (I can't remember if it was the same code)for the Safari Zone, but I ended up outside the entrance of Victory Road...has anyone had this before?...

Gulzar
28th July 2006, 1:29 AM
Archangel: Did you use the code that I provided? If you didn’t, then use it; if you did, you must have typed it in wrong.
Some warp codes are dependant on the location of your character (i.e. In a house, forest, etc.), so that may have caused your warp to Indigo.
;001;

Meganium Ex
29th July 2006, 1:10 AM
So, there was a programmed Safari Zone in GSC after all. Good fine

TogeticTheRuler
31st July 2006, 12:39 PM
But why take out the safari zone?They coulda just prevent the save option to stop the glitch from happening.

Meganium Ex
31st July 2006, 9:01 PM
But why take out the safari zone?They coulda just prevent the save option to stop the glitch from happening.
Maybe to stop other glitches that could've occured?

LuciRuki
2nd August 2006, 7:01 AM
The only people who would have maps of it would be the game designers. :/ aww i wanna see the improved graphics..

Koubagia
2nd August 2006, 8:46 AM
Did you even read the thread? The maps have actually been found and are on pages 1 and 2 :/

tomdotcom4
30th August 2006, 4:17 AM
I was really disapointed not to see the saffari zone in GSC