PDA

View Full Version : ARG!! Main character naming: Help WANTED

Yuugis Black Magician
4th December 2005, 7:02 PM
I've been writing ToP: ATP for years now, and well dagit, I can't settle on a name. At first it was Jacob [Shogun] *coughmyfirstnamecough* then it went to Kaoru Kaido, then Kunimitsu Tezuka *shootsselffornooriginality* and right now it is at Daichi Usagi.

I diffently need some help settling on a name for XXX becsause I'm well into chapter six and after I finish chapter eight I'm gonna go and do a small face-lift, and I'd really like to have a solid name, it does not have to be Japanese, in fact I almost prefer an Ameircan or English name...

*Holds free cookie sign up*

~YBM

Uchiha Obito
4th December 2005, 7:09 PM
Jeon Typhoon,(it is my netbattle name)

Another Fan
4th December 2005, 7:28 PM
Daniel Longhare, Jack Peterson, Tom Westpeak, etc.

Names don't matter. Just pick a normal name and for the last name it is usually location, occupation or appearance words.

Act
4th December 2005, 7:53 PM
Take the names of someone you know. That's what I do-- every character I come up with is a mixture of my friends' and relatives' names.

Or, you can go to this site (http://www.babynames.com) and find a name that suits you.

xXSaberXx
4th December 2005, 7:56 PM
Javen Ritsuko.

D: I dunno bout the last name, but I like Javen as the first name. Kinda like Raven, BUT NOT! ROFFLES. x3

Hope that helped....even some. And babynames.com is okay too, D:. Orginality is always better though.

Carpetted!
4th December 2005, 7:58 PM
Hazazzle. That just sounds street. Then again you could just name him jack or Tom or something.

Act
4th December 2005, 8:01 PM
Orginality is always better though.

o.o';; What qualifies as an 'original' name? Azizavoo Kaliactro? Will you think less of a character named George Smith?

Hahaha... Azizavoo... poor kid.

Are you looking for like... celebrity naming? ... Apple Martin? xD Hehe. Weird names are so funny.

My favorite was once, the main character was a girl named Kamari. Now, I don't know where those syllables came from, but whenever I saw the name I thought of 'calimari'... squid. So be careful xP

Another Fan
4th December 2005, 8:08 PM
I don't see why parents would just stick syllambles together. Or you could make the name have something to do with his birth. Like I was named after the Saint whose day I was born on. However, truly just pick a name that you know of and move on.

Nylf
4th December 2005, 9:25 PM
Siegfried Van Galus. Just don't ask where I got it. Because it's simple, puns and mythology.

Siegfried(I know I heard this somewhere in Nordic mythology, was he a dragon or a dragon slayer?)

Van(If I could remember I'd tell you)

Galus(Variation of Gale that sounds more....thingy)

Kyle of Pallet
6th December 2005, 10:53 PM
Sigfried was the slayer of Fafnir the Dragon on Norse mythology.

How about:
Michael
Jordan
Kyler
Immanuel

Thats off the top of my head... for cool names that is.
Michael means "The man of God" or something like that. Kyler means "archer"
I don't know what Jordan or Immanuel mean, but they sound neat.

Saffire Persian
6th December 2005, 11:02 PM
You can also go here for names - it has a TON!
Behind the name (www.behindthename.com)

+Chaos Blade+
6th December 2005, 11:07 PM
*eats cookies*

Arthur Ferguson
Jason Daniels
Frederick Deson
Doug Hale
Matthew Jackson
Michael Fratcher
Mac Darrow

May is so Kawaii
6th December 2005, 11:11 PM
if you want random or weird sounding namres you can go to www.dimfuture.net/starwars/random/generate.php