PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone played Green version or the Japanese Blue?

XSilverStarboyX
4th December 2005, 6:10 PM
I played Green up until around Vermillion City and then just stopped. I played the Japanese Blue for maybe 3 seconds, before I got bored of it ^_^;;152;

Flame Sabre
5th December 2005, 7:16 AM
I played Green, and man, I swear the sprites look like roadkill. X_X

I didn't have much difficulty in getting around because I had played Red before so I knew exactly what to do. :p The constant Japanese text annoyed me a bit though (because I can't get a word of Japanese), but what else do you expect from a game that's never been translated to English.

I got up to Cerulean City before getting bored of the sprites and quitting. :p

Random
5th December 2005, 7:27 AM
I've played an engrishy translation of Pokemon Green. The names were messed up; Gyarados was called Carla, among other things. XD;; Though unlike most people, I kinda like the Pokemon Green sprites for their utter cheesiness. And besides that, some of them are better than Blue's.

I've never played the Japanese Blue, though I'd very much like to. Maybe I'll locate an engrishy translation of that, too...heheheh.

-Totodile-
5th December 2005, 10:42 AM
I haven't played either. The first game I got was an English Blue that my parents bought me one year for Christmas

PikaPikaChu
5th December 2005, 12:33 PM
There was no Jap Blue, cause Green IS the Jap version of Blue >.>
Anyway, I played both, I own Blue and I played Green up to Vidrian forest cause I was bored

XSilverStarboyX
5th December 2005, 6:22 PM
There was no Jap Blue, cause Green IS the Jap version of Blue >.>
Anyway, I played both, I own Blue and I played Green up to Vidrian forest cause I was bored
How wrong you are. Blue was made with the sprites our Red and Blue have here in the US. Some pokemon could be caught that couldnt be caught in the others such as Jynx I believe, the unknown dungeon had a different map than the Japanese Red and Green, Likitung could be caught in the wild, and Ditto was now found in the rock tunnel. I took that information from the main site so dont credit me for it;152;

Random
5th December 2005, 6:47 PM
I think that there were also wild Farfetch'd in the Japanese Blue, but don't quote me on that.

Also, it's very impolite to refer to something that is Japanese as the "Jap" version. Is it really that hard to type out five more letters? I mean, come on, that's just being lazy.

PikaPikaChu
6th December 2005, 2:39 AM
Umm, well, I was wrong on Japanese green being Japanese version of Blue. I did a search on google and OMG I was surprized o.o

Spock
6th December 2005, 2:51 AM
Someone post a list of Japanese Blue specialty wild Pokemon... too curious to wait any longer...

Emoeevee
6th December 2005, 7:57 PM
I have played like a german rom (i think) of green at my mates house and i may be getting it in 2 weeks from my uncle on one of those fake all in one games

Dark Venusaur
17th December 2005, 1:43 AM
Yes I played the actual thing very hard to understand at first but once you figure it out well you get the idea of how to play it.

;003;Dark Venusaur;003;

Guy
23rd December 2005, 5:29 PM
Never either one. I have never seen or bought or played any Japanese Pokemon games (or any games for that matter) because I can't find any. Even ROMs.