PDA

View Full Version : I need a bit of help with my trainer fic...

Icy Ocelot
4th December 2005, 9:49 PM
I'm currently working on a trainer fic, and I've run into a bit of a snag. I have too many shipping options for my character. I've narrowed it down to two options, with a possible third option. What I need, though, is the opinions of others.

I really, really need your help with this. I like all of the options, and cannot make up my mind.

IceKing
4th December 2005, 10:04 PM
I think its best to go human because some people may be a bit disturbed by a humanxpokemon ship. I'm not flaming humanxpokemon shippings or calling them disgusting, I just think its best for you to avoid nasty comments to ship her with another human.

Dragonfree
4th December 2005, 10:43 PM
Why the heck do you 'need' to ship her with anybody?

Male human character she meets is so overused it isn't funny, so not that. And legendaries are pretty much godly/genderless, so I'd say not that either. Therefore, out of those I'd vote her starter Pokémon, but really, why do all trainer fics need to ship the main character with somebody at all? =/

PDL
4th December 2005, 10:56 PM
but really, why do all trainer fics need to ship the main character with somebody at all? =/

Wish fullfilment, they want to be in a simlair situation, but are not, so they write about being in one.

seriously though, if this was my fic, I'd try to be original and not include any romance in the fic, unless it's parody/one sided or humour purposes.